User Tag List

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: arsenal fans go over the top in abuse of ade

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

arsenal fans go over the top in abuse of ade

EMMANUEL ADEBAYOR is certain to get stick from Arsenal fans on Sunday at White Hart Lane.

Because of the rivalry between Tottenham and the Gunners and because he used to play for them, I would not expect them to greet him with a cheery wave.
    But the level of abuse and the nature of it is something that concerns me, not just in this one game but with the viciousness with which some fans behave these days and consider it acceptable because football is 'passionate'.
    What cobblers.
    Adebayor sent Arsenal fans wild with rage for scoring against his old club two years ago now.
    He ran the length of the pitch and slid on his knees in front of them in a gesture that was provocative.
    He apologised but what did he do that was so wrong?
    He had taken dogs' abuse from the Arsenal fans all afternoon and then reacted.
    Scoring the goal was an immediate outlet of his frustration.
    In the end he had to say sorry. But I for one hope that he scores a couple of goals against Arsenal on Sunday.
    I won't need to talk to him before the game to keep a lid on his emotions.
    I get sick and tired of hearing that professional footballers must be exactly that and simply take the abuse they get in the name of 'the game' and that when they snap as human beings and react they are instantly condemned.
    Emmanuel has been an absolute credit so far at Tottenham. Not only is he scoring goals but making goals. He has great skill and is great to have around the place.
    Whether or not he fits into Tottenham's wage structure on a permanent basis I've no idea. But he's been great for us so far and long may it continue.
    I'm sure he won't react again and that he'll be the best player on the pitch.
    William Gallas was the man of the match for us against Arsenal and he had to put up with the same sort of thing.
    These days you hear some pretty shocking stuff coming from 'fans' of all clubs.
    Look at what that four-year-old kid posted on YouTube singing about Manchester United's Munich air crash in 1958.
    Unbelievable.
    Even more so that it was one of his parents who filed it in the first place then boasted about it. That kid has no concept of what the Munich air crash even was. His parents probably don't as it was more than 50 years ago now.
    But last week at Leeds the most sick song in football reared its ugly head again and now with modern technology people can spread the bile from their laptop computers.
    People like this shouldn't be allowed to bring up kids. Every time I hear that song sung by scum it makes me feel ill.
    The 'Busby Babes' were young men. Great footballers like Duncan Edwards killed in their prime and now people make fun of it.
    What a thing to teach your kid. These people have no brains. If they were ever to meet Bobby Charlton, who survived the crash, you wonder what they would say and think.
    But then again people like this have no feeling or intelligence and it probably wouldn't affect them in the slightest way.
    When I first started going to football with my dad there was no segregation.

You simply turned up and paid at the turnstile to stand in the North Bank, Chicken Run, East Stand, wherever.
    If your team was playing Blackburn you might bump into a Rovers fan and he'd tell you it took nine bloody hours to get down from up North to watch the match. You could have a chat about the match and leave it at that.
    Neither of you would think about punching each other in the face.
    It all sounds romantic and nostalgic but with the behaviour we see now, do you blame me?
    I hasten to add though that there has been one warm glimmer already this season that has helped me keep some faith in modern football fans.
    When Hearts played Tottenham the supporters were magnificent home and away — even at 5-0 down they were so noisy.
    At White Hart Lane they came in numbers and sang my name and asked me to give them a wave.
    I don't expect that from the Arsenal fans on Sunday but just for once it would be nice to see football kept in perspective.
    thats what twitchy cunt said. has he forgotten how his club sang racist abuse at him?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Fuck off Whore, and fuck off Twitchy, you cunt.

All together now;

Adebayooooor, Adebayoooo-oooooor His dad washes elephants His mother's a whore...
    Putting the laughter back into manslaughter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sounds like he's talking about football in general and merely using us as an example because we're playing next, and Adebayor is bound to get some stick, so he hopes it's not OTT.

Seems fair enough.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Marc Overmars View Post
    Sounds like he's talking about football in general and merely using us as an example because we're playing next, and Adebayor is bound to get some stick, so he hopes it's not OTT.

Seems fair enough.
    No its not. Its Twitchy. And about Whore.

Putting the laughter back into manslaughter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Seems fair enough.
    if it was football in general its fine and if scum had never sung racist abuse at him or sol where twitchy went mental i owuld accept his points but hte fact is his club sang racist abuse at adesawhore and when they did at sol he went mental yet he now has a go at us

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Don't know why I'm bothering to defend twitchface but he does mention the problem in general terms throughout the article, and as I said he's just alluding to Adebayor, because on Sunday he's likely to evoke this sort of emotion from some fans that concerns him.

It's not like he's said Arsenal fans are the worst of the lot.
    Last edited by Marc Overmars; 28-09-2011 at 01:27 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Don't know why I'm bothering to defend twitchface but he's said Arsenal fans are the worst of the lot.
    What a twat.
    If you don’t send this signature to ten people, you will become a Spurs fan.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    lazer in the eyes then

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In general he's right, there's a lot of OTT abuse at football grounds these days, all over the country. If fans are willing to dish it out, I don't think we should complain when players give it out as well. Personally I hope we don't sing the elephant song because it's racist IMO, and concentrate our energies on backing our own team rather than focusing on one individual on the opposition.
    Last edited by Joker; 28-09-2011 at 04:42 PM.