User Tag List

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

Thread: Match Reaction v Olympiacos

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Marc Overmars View Post
    Zenit won the Uefa Cup that year with Arshavin playing a starring role, not sure what them not being world class has to do with his ability to perform. I don't get the logic, we're not a world class team either but he's pretty average for us.

His performances at Euro 2008 threw him into the spotlight, he was one of the players of the tournament, in fact probably the best player outside the Spanish squad. So I have no idea how you've come to the conclusion that Euro 2008 illustrated his poor work ethic.

Maybe it is harsh to blame Wenger fully, but I really don't believe this is the same guy we signed in Jan 2009. He was so explosive. Now he can barely do the basics right, consistently gives away the ball and we'll be lucky to see him take on and beat his man just once in a game.
    entirely down to the player

if you are under performing in your job but on a great wage what do you do? sit around like a cunt collecting the dosh or man the fuck up and realise what you need to do? which means either moving somewhere else or shaping up

sure, footballers are pussies at the best of times but to mope around this long and let the blame lay elsewhere marks you out as a massive fanny
    Last edited by Kano; 01-10-2011 at 12:29 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Terry Tuffnutz View Post
    entirely down to the player

if you are shit at your job in work but on a great wage what do you do? sit around like a cunt collecting the dosh or man the fuck up and realise what you need to do? which means either moving somewhere else or shaping up

sure, footballers are pussies at the best of times but to mope around this long and let the blame lay elsewhere marks you out as a massive fanny
    You should be able to go a little further.

Being allowed to collect the dosh whilst being a pussy is who's fault?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    if you have a contract you know you can sit out and you know your next wont exceed your current deal, wtf can anyone do about it except the guy collecting the wage

and that old transfer listing fantasy league nonsense is fan dreamland and nowhere near approaching competent man/team management

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Terry Tuffnutz View Post
    if you have a contract you know you can sit out and you know your next wont exceed your current deal, wtf can anyone do about it except the guy collecting the wage
    In general, I disagree - because I think every player has a contract that they can just "sit out". Motivation is a key aspect of management and managers are there to ensure that players earn their money. But in this case - to be fair, I don't think it's Wenger's fault Arshavin's so shit. I think it's Wenger's fault a lot of other players play shit though. Unfortunately for us, Arshavin is just not stupid enough. Players lacking in perspective - players like Wilshere; fotba is all they know. Arshavin seems to be annoyingly intelligent and has some perspective. Like many of us won't go the extra mile in our jobs, fatsharvin won't go the extra metre. It's just a job.