User Tag List

Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Silent Stan Speaks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters (TPFKA WWTL@WHL) View Post
    It pisses me off how Wenger can do no right in some other people's eyes.

Also, McLintock says a lot of things which make sense in that article but the worst team he's EVER seen? That's just balls. I've seen far worse Arsenal sides than this and I'm a lot younger than McLintock.
    He doesn't do a lot right to be honest, the wrongs far far outweigh the rights in the last 6 years.

He's had plenty of credit for his achievements and rightly so, but right now he's doing a sh*t job and is ruining the club IMO.

As for McLintock, that's his opinion, defensively this is the worst side I've seen us ever have and offensively we're not all that great these days either, there's also a lack of leaders and you could argue top quality players, even in the Graham bad times we still had some top players like Seaman, Adams, Merson, Wright etc etc they at least had character and could potenitally upset the odds.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This from the poster who CONSTANTLY shifts goalposts, twists facts and just plain ignores anything which doesn't fit in with what he's already decided to be the case about players or the team.
    Nice one but nonsense, fact is I've been right about AW, what's happening now was very predictable having said that.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ItsMe View Post
    He doesn't do a lot right to be honest, the wrongs far far outweigh the rights in the last 6 years.
    You think a manager who has done far more wrong that right and is doing a 'shit job' could have kept us top 4 in the spend, spend, spend climate? Really?

Top 4 looks very difficult this year and this looks to be the weakest side under Wenger but ever? That's just nonsense. But yes, he's entitled to his opinion.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ItsMe View Post
    Nice one but nonsense, fact is I've been right about AW.
    Ah. Declaring yourself right. Can't argue with that.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ah. Declaring yourself right. Can't argue with that.
    Well yeah because the way you portray me is plain wrong, some posters never give me any credit

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Plenty of posters have picked you up on your goalpost moving and fact twisting.
    For example, you use stats when it suits your arguement (you did it recently when talking about Henry) and say they're irrelevant when they don't.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You think a manager who has done far more wrong that right and is doing a 'shit job' could have kept us top 4 in the spend, spend, spend climate? Really?

Top 4 looks very difficult this year and this looks to be the weakest side under Wenger but ever? That's just nonsense. But yes, he's entitled to his opinion.
    Let me be clear, top 4 is a nothing achievement and will never be seen as anything special by anyone other than shareholders looking to make money, why should the fans give a toss about that tell me....is it because we get into the CL league and make more money before being outclassed and outfought eventually?

He's sacrificed everything for a top 4 place, something other clubs don't do, we ditch the FA and League cups in favour of this and we do have more resources than most of the other clubs we're competing for a top 4 place with.

It's an OK achievement, but if you look at the overall picture, the mistakes, the poor tactics, the blind faith, the lack of defence etc I don't think he's covered himself in glory, far from it.
    Last edited by Özim; 30-09-2011 at 10:38 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Zimm is right tbh

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Plenty of posters have picked you up on your goalpost moving and fact twisting.
    For example, you use stats when it suits your arguement (you did it recently when talking about Henry) and say they're irrelevant when they don't.
    It wasn't a stat on it's own though was it, it wasn't just 26 goals, it was also what he did on the pitch which was much more than score goals (I didn't really need to expand on this with Henry everyone knows what he did). The 26 goals just showed he wasn't learning how to play as striker.

You're an intelligent guy but you're thinking is very simplistic and too focussed on one aspect sometimes and you'll pick on one thing and bring it up repeatedly.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If 4th place is just an "OK achievement" then why have clubs like Liverpool and Spurs spent so much money trying (and failing, consistently) to achieve it? I agree that it should not be the limit of our ambition but ultimately the league tells you where you are as a club and we've consistently been one of the best 4 clubs in the country over the past 6 years. Some people act like any idiot could have kept us top 4 when other clubs failure to get and stay there (without spending utterly ridiculous sums of money) should show that it's not as easy as some on here indicate.

All that said, given that we've been up there our failure to land a trophy is damning. That is where Wenger has failed.