Quote Originally Posted by Power_n_Glory View Post
And the same should be said for Wenger. We can't give him millions to splash out on player but he has to make smarter decisions. We've spent more on our defence than Stoke but our defensive record is shocking when compared. How comes relegation candidates can pull off smash and grabs against us but we can't do the same? It's the manager but I understand why the board won't be so quick to sack him. This is a 20 plus year plan and we look close to completing it. We're on a wobble now but they probably feel it's only right to back Wenger considering the number of years he's given us and without him, none of this would be possible.
Yes, the same should apply to Wenger for sure. As for the 20 year plan, it would be nice if the fans actually knew what that plan is. But I doubt we can be told as the end result would be the lynching of the board. Maybe the original intention was for the good of the club, but there's little doubt that agenda has been subverted and the end result has been great gain for the shareholders and the demise of our team on the pitch. These are things that have happened, not speculation. No fan would have ever signed up for this. I'm not sure if Wenger even signed up for this although I give him no credit for going along with it. Neither to I think (as a fan) he's done nearly enough to earn his money over the past half decade, although I'm certain the board would strongly disagree and point to their bank balances as evidence.