User Tag List

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: What has to happen for Wenger to get the sack

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LDG View Post
    Dude, I didn't say that I think we should be giving the benefit of the doubt. I do think his time is up. I just don't believe he has it in him to turn the club around. He needs to go somewhere else and start a fresh. Just like our club needs a fresh change. He's still a top top manager. One of the best IMO, but he's gone stale.

That doesn't mean that the barrage of hate being thrown at him is deserved. I think it's disgusting that some people on here are being so disrespectful to someone who has also brought us such joy. It's been an absolute pleasure watching AW's teams over the years. It's been testing of late, but even last year we witnessed (until February at least) some good football, and some really exciting results.

I just think some on here are spoilt. By all means point the finger at the obvious. By all means bemoan the balls up we've made the last six months. But to treat our most successful manager EVER with such venom an hate, is not acceptable.
    I hear ya, fella. I too think he deserves a bit more respect. Personally, the emotion I feel is a mixture of real sadness and near embarrassment for the figure of fun that Wenger is rapidly becoming in the wider football world. His achievements deserve better than the balls up he is making for himself.
    Putting the laughter back into manslaughter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Dude, I didn't say that I think we should be giving the benefit of the doubt. I do think his time is up. I just don't believe he has it in him to turn the club around. He needs to go somewhere else and start a fresh. Just like our club needs a fresh change. He's still a top top manager. One of the best IMO, but he's gone stale.

That doesn't mean that the barrage of hate being thrown at him is deserved. I think it's disgusting that some people on here are being so disrespectful to someone who has also brought us such joy. It's been an absolute pleasure watching AW's teams over the years. It's been testing of late, but even last year we witnessed (until February at least) some good football, and some really exciting results.

I just think some on here are spoilt. By all means point the finger at the obvious. By all means bemoan the balls up we've made the last six months. But to treat our most successful manager EVER with such venom an hate, is not acceptable.

Yep some supporters probably were not even born during the early 80's when Terry Niel was manager finishing midtable every year.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh come on.

He's won us two doubles, an FA cup, another league title, and is the most successful manager in our history.

Yes. He's past it. But I still believe he's done an excellent job over the past 6 years in some respects. I know people will say "another manager could have done the same job" with regard to his ability to keep us top four over the last 6 years, but there ain't many....because the high spending Spuds, Leeds etc etc, didn't manage it consistently. So, I'm sorry, you have to give him credit for that too.

He is guilty of being stubborn. He is guilty of losing the plot over the last few seasons. He's guilty of not rectifying the same mistakes which have cost us.

He may be lucky to be in a job right now, granted. But I'd rather our club showed a bit of loyalty to someone who has shown us the same over the years. He could have earnt more elsewhere, when things were really good, but stuck with us.

I think it's disgraceful to say he's the luckiest manager. We've been lucky to have had him you know.

His time is coming to an end no doubt. But don't disrespect the guy who showed you some of the best football we'll ever see at the club.
    LDG,

Look I appreciate what he has done and respect the fact that he's our most successful manager but he's a relic now, his methods are outdated and IMHO I don't think he's the right man for the job. In any industry if you're not producing the results you don't deserve credit, it doesn't matter what has happened in the past it matters what is happening now

IMHO, Wenger was doing a fairly good job until 07/08, after that I think he's to a degree lost his way and not focused on pushing the team enough.

In this recent period, I respect that economically he's done a great job for the club, respect the fact that he's nurtured some great young talents and has built some very good teams who play attractive football but over the past few years he's taken us backwards. His record in the market over the past few seasons has been nothing short of a disaster, I really have no idea what he's been doing and why he's been doing it.

Right now the facts are that the club is in a mess from a footballing point of view, this mess has been caused by Arsene there's no getting away from that.

My post has nothing to do with disrespect, it's more to do with the fact I do think he's lucky to be in his job earning such a huge amount when he's made mistake after mistake.
    Last edited by selassie; 04-10-2011 at 10:51 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dazthegooner View Post

Yep some supporters probably were not even born during the early 80's when Terry Niel was manager finishing midtable every year.
    Huh, I was a season ticket holder in the Don Howe days so spare me the glory supporter bit.