User Tag List

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Arsene's replacement

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Arsene's replacement

Ok so seriously who and why? I know there is one of these threads but it's littered with stupid suggestions. I want to know who you would put in charge and why, what do you think they could bring and how would they improve us?

ta

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Flavs View Post
    Ok so seriously who and why? I know there is one of these threads but it's littered with stupid suggestions. I want to know who you would put in charge and why, what do you think they could bring and how would they improve us?

ta
    Fantasy would be Pep Gardioual obviously.

Realistically it take Sven Goran Erickson , Just think he is a good motivator, good tactian and somone the players would love tbh. If not Sven then Carlo Ancelotti tbh. One of the best mangers in the world would make the defence look much much better.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sven.

Someone like Rafa or Ancelotti would be fine with me. They'd focus on strengthening the core of the side and making us harder to beat, They'd probably need money for some marquee signings but you've got to back a new manager so he can do things his way.

Pep would be good as well but obviously his job at Barca is pretty cushy compared to what he'd experience here. I'd like to see though if he could implement Barca's style of pressing on another team. If he could do that with us we could be very effective with our attacking options.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A traffic cone could do better. Just dont understand the clubs thinking, since we went the season unbeaten?

Would a replacement be backed in the transfer market? Would they be subjected to the whole 'self sustaining' bullshit?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hitzfeld or Van Gaal to name but two.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ItsMe View Post
    Hitzfeld or Van Gaal to name but two.
    Like this van Gaal is Free what about Hitzfed whats he upto how hard would it be go get him. would he be a long term or short term soloution ?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie the Gooner View Post
    Like this van Gaal is Free what about Hitzfed whats he upto how hard would it be go get him. would he be a long term or short term soloution ?
    Hitzfeld manages Switzerland, they were pretty good against England.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There are 2 lines of thinking here, the one that thinks we should get "X" in because of a, b and C and then the other that thinks Wenger's ghost lives on and we would get in whomever he says we should.

For me i would go for an up and coming rather than an old head just because i think the club needs reinvigorating by someone with energy and verve, pizazz is needed not more dust IMO. Martinez I would like, a classy guy who plays nice footie and has done well considering the shower of shite he has at Wigan. Moyes i would love but i think a lot of players would want out due to the way he works his players, Lambert is also impressing me massively with Norwich.

Its more likely to be Remi Garde though, maybe a Henry/Bergkamp team even. Who knows with our board.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ancelotti.

Champions League winner, Serie A and Premier League winner.

Doesn't need millions to get the best out of players, we saw that with Chelsea and with Milan to an extent.

Plus I want to see how his 4-4-2 diamond would work for us. He forms close bonds with his players and the respect would be there instantly from the players because he knows what he's talking about and has done it at the highest level. He's available now and I'm sure he'd jump at the opportunity to work for a club that isn't run by some mad dictator.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Jurgen Klopp or Luciano Spalletti.

The German would be ideal because he is of the master race. Both are young, are getting results with their respective clubs and get their teams to play great football.