User Tag List

Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Are the glory days over for good?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yep, gone for good.

its people that thought having campbell, henry, pires and bergkamp - arguably the 4 best players in the world in their positions - was an everyday thing that have caused themselves most strife. they keep looking for the same high.

personally I thought the 07/08 side was excellent in its own right (so I cant accept wenger has done dikk all for 7 years) but the people who harp back to the invincibles cant see that.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    saddest/weirdest thing is that a lot of the problems could be fixed so simply that it is all the more alarming they aren't addressed.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Flavs View Post
    saddest/weirdest thing is that a lot of the problems could be fixed so simply that it is all the more alarming they aren't addressed.
    Well exactly.

RVP, Arshavin, Vermaelen, Sagna, Arteta, Song, Wilshire etc etc etc etc etc etc.

They are all very talented footballers.

We were right up there with Utd last year until the collapse.

We still have the basis of a VERY good team. Maybe not the same heights as City's wonderstars, but very good players nonetheless.

What is lacking is organisation, leadership, tactics and a few quality additions.

If we actually got the basics right, and bought properly in January, we'd be a force again. No doubt in my mind.

The problem is; Will they get addressed?
    It's better to burn out, than to fade away.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters (TPFKA WWTL@WHL) View Post
    We wouldn't be at the new stadium without him.
    You don't know that to be fair, every club wants a bigger stadium as it means more money, a different manager also might have won more....who knows.

He gets a lot of credit for the stadium and he was behind it so rightly so but he wasn't the guy who made the decision, it was the board at the end of the day (and it could be argued it's backfired football wise).

Wenger had success and you hear top 4 banded about allover the place, but Rioch got 5th the season before without the likes of Vieira, so the building had begun then.

Would another manager have been able to deliver more trophies in the time Wenger has been here, IMO a good manager would have yes.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LDG View Post
    The problem is; Will they get addressed?
    No

I posted pre-season on another forum about 5 easy ways to fix Arsenal, from what i remember;

1. Change tactics to a more pressing formation with a deeper back Line (4-1-2-1-2 or 3-5-2 will do)
    2. Play with a true DM rather than a part time one
    3. Play players in their actual positions
    4. Sub/Drop players who aren't on form
    5. Practice and practice and practice some more defending set pieces in training

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ItsMe View Post
    Would another manager have been able to deliver more trophies in the time Wenger has been here, IMO a good manager would have yes.
    No other manager in our history had managed to so I'm not sure why you think that.

Wenger shouldn't be solely credited with the new stadium but he DID propel us to the level where a new stadium could be justified. Graham's side, successful as it was at times, would never have filled a 60,000 seater stadium at the prices Arsenal are currently charging.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Don't understand why spending the money from Nasrigash would stop the down-slide either, doesn't matter which players we have on the pitch the application of them is a shower of shite, combine that with a disorganised defence and a lack of self belief and we would still get the defeats.
    Well signing Mata would have done a lot more to make the football AW is still trying, unsuccessfully, to play more achievable. What is hugely worrying this season is that we are struggling to score goals when needed - as well as being a joke defensively!
    Putting the laughter back into manslaughter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ice Berg Kamping View Post
    Well signing Mata would have done a lot more to make the football AW is still trying, unsuccessfully, to play more achievable. What is hugely worrying this season is that we are struggling to score goals when needed - as well as being a joke defensively!
    Sorry mate but i disagree, i think Gervinho has looked the better signing so far and who is to say that Wenger could have done anything with Mata anyway. Everything is off kilter at the moment so i dont think personnel would change it

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sorry mate but i disagree, i think Gervinho has looked the better signing so far and who is to say that Wenger could have done anything with Mata anyway. Everything is off kilter at the moment so i dont think personnel would change it

Flavs, you are joking aren't you?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by selassie View Post

Flavs, you are joking aren't you?
    Nope