User Tag List

Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8161718

Thread: Are the glory days over for good?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If the board are only interested in money then they might deem that he is doing a good job and thus won't sack him, they may also look at his years of service...this is wrong of course but being moneygrabbers that's the way they see it.

As a football manager however, if you have any pride in the job you're doing surely the point is to produce a winning team that delivers trophies etc...it seems to me that to Wenger that's not the most important thing anymore and thus he's happy to pick up his 6 million safe in the knowledge that as he has said before "the club is making a profit".

It's profit over football, whilst you can accept that from a bunch of moneygrabbing businessman you can't from a football manager who is suppose to live and breathe football. It's alarming how he's shifted the focus from what's happening on the field to what is happening off it in financial terms, I don't know any other manager that does this.

Personally I think that's unacceptable, as is his morally superior stance that leads us to achieving nothing year on year.
    Last edited by Özim; 12-10-2011 at 09:18 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    And I can’t understand how people can say Wenger has overachieved or done a good job of keeping us in the CL yet skip ahead and blame the Board for not firing him. It’s a bit if a contradiction.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Back on topic...

No.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FakeYank View Post
    And that would be that the board is accountable for the footballing failure at AFC?
    Not exactly my position, but a damn sight closer than your previous rant.
    If you don’t send this signature to ten people, you will become a Spurs fan.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Are the glory days over, yes well and truly under AW...under a new manager allowed to build a team who knows though!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ItsMe View Post
    Are the glory days over, yes well and truly under AW...under a new manager allowed to build a team who knows though!
    tbh while City and Chelsea can throw silly money around I can't see Arsenal being dominant again whoever is manager.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters (TPFKA WWTL@WHL) View Post
    Who employs Wenger? If he's not doing his job (I'd argue up till the end of last season he was, as the board defined his objectives which IMO was more about CL qualification than trophies) and the board have sat there and continued to employ him then yes, they are accountable for that.
    I am quoting Zimm here
    It's profit over football, whilst you can accept that from a bunch of moneygrabbing businessman you can't from a football manager who is suppose to live and breathe football. It's alarming how he's shifted the focus from what's happening on the field to what is happening off it in financial terms, I don't know any other manager that does this.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GB. View Post
    Not exactly my position, but a damn sight closer than your previous rant.
    My rant is against the manager and I blame the manager for our failures and do not understand how the blame falls on the board. I sometimes dont get which side of the fence some of you (You, Letters, CTG) are... are you saying Wenger should carry on because the board is to blame or are you guys saying that the board is to blame... period?!

My grasp of English is not really good, so I really cant figure it out.