User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: International Break... perfect time to train the fuck out of our back four?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by gunnerrrrr View Post
    A - Play Diaby in an attacking position and he will be a beast....much better than Rosicky, Ramsey, Arteta....by a long long way...Injuries remain his biggest issue. Also now no Cesc he will see more of the ball and hopefully show what he can do.

B - Pat Rice trained the fcuk out of our original back five - Seaman, Dixon, Adams etc so we have someone who does know what they are doing, its a communication issue and this stupid fucking high line we play that exposes the fuck out of us.....so we need to change this compression of play philosophy that Wenger has...
    Its eveident that its the way we play thats the problem. It don't matter who we bring in because their best skills will be coached out of them in a short time which is weird its like they get brainwashed as soon as they get here. Something needs to be done to sure up the defence. buying the best Defense in the world would not solve our problems at all.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by gunnerrrrr View Post
    A - Play Diaby in an attacking position and he will be a beast....much better than Rosicky, Ramsey, Arteta....by a long long way...Injuries remain his biggest issue. Also now no Cesc he will see more of the ball and hopefully show what he can do.

B - Pat Rice trained the fcuk out of our original back five - Seaman, Dixon, Adams etc so we have someone who does know what they are doing, its a communication issue and this stupid fucking high line we play that exposes the fuck out of us.....so we need to change this compression of play philosophy that Wenger has...
    Good post

I agree with point A, I know that 99% of you guys bwkieve Diaby to be shite on legs, and I agree that he isnt what I would have deemed Arsenal quality (I say 'would have' because the bar has lowered a lot recently!) but I have seen some almost PaddyV moments from this guy, and considering the state of things I would put him ahead of Ramsey, begs the question were we right to ship Lansbury?

Answer to my own question, wouldnt have fucking matteted had we picked up Parker. . .for me one of the shockets of our summer not getting Parket, especially when it was evident we werent picking anyone half decent up

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    At least when they are away they probably get proper coaching

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie the Gooner View Post
    You forgort Diaby who seems to be down and out like always. had Vermalen ever played a full season for us tbh.
    Did you know we pay Diaby more than Spurs play Modric. £60K+ per week for never playing, and even on those rare moments he does playing like he has had a lobotomy half the time.
    Putting the laughter back into manslaughter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ice Berg Kamping View Post
    Did you know we pay Diaby more than Spurs play Modric. £60K+ per week for never playing, and even on those rare moments he does playing like he has had a lobotomy half the time.
    Shocking if true never thought he got more then 30k A week 40 at the most.

Quote Originally Posted by Japan Shaking All Over View Post
    Good post

I agree with point A, I know that 99% of you guys bwkieve Diaby to be shite on legs, and I agree that he isnt what I would have deemed Arsenal quality (I say 'would have' because the bar has lowered a lot recently!) but I have seen some almost PaddyV moments from this guy, and considering the state of things I would put him ahead of Ramsey, begs the question were we right to ship Lansbury?Answer to my own question, wouldnt have fucking matteted had we picked up Parker. . .for me one of the shockets of our summer not getting Parket, especially when it was evident we werent picking anyone half decent up
    Diaby is injured and won't play many more games this season. As for where we right to ship Lansbury, yes the kids needs games and playing for west ham will make him better, and we can recall him if needed. I think Shipping Bendtner and Vela even Denilson could have been bigger mistakes. they would have made us no worse then we are now.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Abou is the one player i have a soft spot for in our current squad wierdly, shame that Sunderland prick ruined his career really

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Flavs View Post
    Abou is the one player i have a soft spot for in our current squad wierdly, shame that Sunderland prick ruined his career really
    Couldn't agree more think he would have been massive for us apart from his enforced injury!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Flavs View Post
    Abou is the one player i have a hard spot for in our current squad wierdly, shame that Sunderland prick ruined his career really

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Diaby's still a moron, don't think the injury affected him as much as people on here want to believe.

The King Is Back.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's ridiculous because even post injury we've seen him play some blinders. He is talented. But he's so inconsistent and can't be relied on even when fit; one minute he'll look like a world-beater, like he did in that free-role away at Old Trafford, they couldn't handle him (the one where we dominated the game and then hit the self-destruct button with the penalty and OG), then the next he'll act as if he doesn't have a brain.

With the defence, I think its clear things have gone too far and we are now an embarrassment. We had an international break last time, nothing changed. How many years have we been complaining about this? It doesn't matter who the personnel is, our whole shape as a team off the ball is unorganized and all over the place, our relationship between midfield and defence hardly exists, the idea of the back four and the midfield playing as a defensive unit with awareness and hard work is not being coached to them. It is all attack-attack-attack-express-yourselves-freely-beautiful-tippy-tappy football, not balanced with the unglamourous defensive hard work off the ball.

It won't change until we have a manger who understands and drills the team, how to defend as a team.
    Last edited by Tipsychubbs; 05-10-2011 at 11:12 PM.