User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: International Break... perfect time to train the fuck out of our back four?

New Signing
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

International Break... perfect time to train the fuck out of our back four?

A lot of our old players seem to be talking about our defensive frailties, and how the only way we can solve the problem is through endless training.

Obviously Sagna is out for a while. Vermaelen is back soon, Koscielny, Djourou and Squillaci should be available before him. I imagine Santos, Gibbs, and Jenkinson won't have been called away, and Szechny has pulled out due to a 'back injury' I dunno what's going on with Mertesacker but Wenger should just tell the geezer to pull out.

With two weeks before our next game and pretty much our whole defence staying behind at London Colney, seemingly due to injuries. Would now be the time to get them all out on the training field and learn how to fucking defend?

Get Keown, Dixon, Seaman in, reminisce about the good old days, when we could actually defend.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bagwan View Post
    A lot of our old players seem to be talking about our defensive frailties, and how the only way we can solve the problem is through endless training.

Obviously Sagna is out for a while. Vermaelen is back soon, Koscielny, Djourou and Squillaci should be available before him. I imagine Santos, Gibbs, and Jenkinson won't have been called away, and Szechny has pulled out due to a 'back injury' I dunno what's going on with Mertesacker but Wenger should just tell the geezer to pull out.

With two weeks before our next game and pretty much our whole defence staying behind at London Colney, seemingly due to injuries. Would now be the time to get them all out on the training field and learn how to fucking defend?

Get Keown, Dixon, Seaman in, reminisce about the good old days, when we could actually defend.

He was due to be back for Sunderland but thats been set back and no doubt the set back will be set back again a few more times

Basically hes out for the season

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bagwan View Post

Can these 3 be coached they seem to shite to be tbh

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ach View Post

He was due to be back for Sunderland but thats been set back and no doubt the set back will be set back again a few more times

Basically hes out for the season
    He's 2% away from being out for 2 weeks.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Forget about Vermaelen and Wilshere this season, they're gone. Vermaelen's not even an Arsenal player any more in the true sense of the word - he never plays. Forget about getting anything consistent out of Djourou, Koscielny or Squillaci - they don't have the ability or the resolve. They'll cost us more points than they save. Mertesacker is too new for us to know if he'll develop into a strong PL defender. Sagna's gone.

Gibbs is an injury waiting to happen - I'd say Jenkinson and Santos will play a lot more games this season than anyone (bar an Arsenal fan with bitter experience) could possibly have guessed. Looks like Song will be spending a lot of his time in the centre of defence too.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Niall_Quinn View Post
    Forget about Vermaelen and Wilshere this season, they're gone. Vermaelen's not even an Arsenal player any more in the true sense of the word - he never plays. Forget about getting anything consistent out of Djourou, Koscielny or Squillaci - they don't have the ability or the resolve. They'll cost us more points than they save. Mertesacker is too new for us to know if he'll develop into a strong PL defender. Sagna's gone.

Gibbs is an injury waiting to happen - I'd say Jenkinson and Santos will play a lot more games this season than anyone (bar an Arsenal fan with bitter experience) could possibly have guessed. Looks like Song will be spending a lot of his time in the centre of defence too.
    You forgort Diaby who seems to be down and out like always. had Vermalen ever played a full season for us tbh.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie the Gooner View Post
    You forgort Diaby who seems to be down and out like always. had Vermalen ever played a full season for us tbh.
    Diaby isn't a defender.

The worst thing about Vermaelen being out is that everytime he plays he shows how much he is missed.

I'm also expecting Mertesacker to come back with a season-ending injury.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Master Splinter View Post
    Diaby isn't a defender.

The worst thing about Vermaelen being out is that everytime he plays he shows how much he is missed.

I'm also expecting Mertesacker to come back with a season-ending injury.
    Neither is wilshere but he was mentioned

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well let's just agree that Diaby is pretty pointless then, even if he's on the pitch.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A - Play Diaby in an attacking position and he will be a beast....much better than Rosicky, Ramsey, Arteta....by a long long way...Injuries remain his biggest issue. Also now no Cesc he will see more of the ball and hopefully show what he can do.

B - Pat Rice trained the fcuk out of our original back five - Seaman, Dixon, Adams etc so we have someone who does know what they are doing, its a communication issue and this stupid fucking high line we play that exposes the fuck out of us.....so we need to change this compression of play philosophy that Wenger has...