Page 102 of 321 FirstFirst ... 25292100101102103104112152202 ... LastLast
Results 1,011 to 1,020 of 3206

Thread: Good Bye RVP!

Administrator McNamara That Ghost...'s Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is it worth keeping RVP on for one more season, as in, let him run down his contract?

I know we'd lose out on a transfer fee (with no guarantee we'd do anything with it) and we could have an unhappy player but by the same token, we'd save what £5 million a year by not dishing out a new contract and with the possibility of having a similar season to the one just gone.

I'm asking this under no consideration of whether RVP actually wants to go or not by the way, purely about the benefit of the team/club.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It would be quite galling to lose him on a free, I know there isn't a guarantee we'd do anything with the cash but I do feel like we sell to buy, so in that case we could probably do with the cash if we want to see a replacement.

I'm not as against it as I was with Nasri though. I think he was more valuable because he was younger and also it was pretty clear from the start he was haggling for a move and had no interest in sticking around. We had to get rid ASAP.

RVP is older, the captain and far more mature than Nasri. I think he'd be quite professional about it and still put in the performances. You never know, he could even decide to sign a new deal next summer if we have a good season.
    Last edited by Marc Overmars; 28-05-2012 at 11:06 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I know the point was about what the club would do and not about van persie, but I think van persie will definitely sign a new deal or leave. He knows how injury prone he is. Half a season on the sidelines and his chance for a big contract is gone. His stock will never be higher than it is now.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Why not do what we did with Henry, get him to sign a new contract on the proviso he can leave the following year if he still wants to.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ROBIN VAN PERSIE has been advised to stay at Arsenal — by his MUM.

4 comments

Related Stories

RVP: My mum made me a hit
    ROBIN VAN PERSIE says being a mummy’s boy is the reason he’s now an Arsenal hero
    We believe RVP is Gunner stayRamsey: Don’t let RVP quit Gunners

Manchester City lead the chase for the Gunners skipper.

But mother Jose said: “Arsenal love him and that’s a great incentive to stay. Arsenal are a fantastic club.

“They have no debts and Robin is idolised there.”

Spanish giants Barcelona and Italian champions Juventus also want to sign Arsenal’s double Footballer of the Year.

RVP opened negotiations with Arsene Wenger and chief executive Ivan Gazidis in London last week.

The Gunners are offering him a new £130,000-a-week deal, plus a £5million re-signing bonus to enhance his position as the club’s highest-paid player.

Van Persie’s wife Bouchra added: “Arsenal showed faith in Robin when he was going through a lean time, so we should not repay them by thinking about other clubs.

“Our home life and our children are happy in London.”
    http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage...-and-wife.html

RVP would do well to listen to the 2 most important women in his life

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Manchester City lead the chase for the Gunners skipper.
    They can fuck off and die tbh. Footie is finished if that ever happens. Anyway, his mum and his missus have spoken so that's the end of it if he knows what's good for him.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ROBIN VAN PERSIE admits Juventus are a great team but is refusing to discuss his future.

The Arsenal striker’s contract is up at the end of next season with the Italian champions and Manchester City ready to offer him a lucrative move away from the Emirates.

But the Dutchman is refusing to shed any light on whether he will pen a new deal with the Gunners and is instead focusing on Holland's Euro 2012 campaign.

Van Persie, 28, said: “My future? I have agreed with Arsenal not to discuss it.

“I can only talk of my intention to play in the Euros and win it and then continue to win in the Champions League.

“Juventus? They are a great team, for sure.”

Van Persie netted twice in Holland's 6-0 drubbing of Northern Ireland on Saturday.
    http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage...m-Arsenal.html

Hes gone

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Our future is very much tied to him whether or not he stays or doesnt because until we get a decision our hands are tied as to who we can bring in

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Which is why it should be sorted asap

Wenger, Gazidis, PHW and whoever needs to get in contact with the **** and give him a deadline

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It needs to be sorted but wont till after the Euros which is when we are going to have to wait for till we bring in anyone