User Tag List

Page 261 of 321 FirstFirst ... 161211251259260261262263271311 ... LastLast
Results 2,601 to 2,610 of 3206

Thread: Good Bye RVP!

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
    Quote Originally Posted by RomfordPele View Post
    He'll buy - its all guff to stop people adding a zero to their asking price.
    that sounds like cognitive dissonance

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We raped them guys, this is a panic buy from them.

Plus he had already started falling off, hes looked toliet since about march, looked spent. Hes run his race as a world class striker. We good.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie View Post
    You really are in for a massive disappointment my friend...we won't be signing anyone!
    The day Van Persie publicly showed his discontent at Arsenal was the day Wenger substituted the Ox against Utd when we;d just got ourselves level....at the time we just thought Van Persie was a 'fan' like us, voicing his discontent...but sadly we were mistaken...think that was the day he decided he wouldn't be signing a new contract. If Walcott signs his contract now, the timing will make him look like a hero...wonder if that will happen. Last season the fans turned on Wenger...I am pretty sure that money will be reinvested...we now only have 3 strikers remember and I am not even sure we can count chamakh as the 3rd.
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.” Dennis Bergkamp
    "I started clapping myself until I realized that i was sunderland's manager". Peter Reid
    "Happy those, who can remain at Highbury." Jane Austen, Emma

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RomfordPele View Post
    He'll buy - its all guff to stop people adding a zero to their asking price.
    I highly doubt we'll buy another striker, well certainly not one who compares to Van Persie.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BOBN View Post
    We raped them guys, this is a panic buy from them.

Plus he had already started falling off, hes looked toliet since about march, looked spent. Hes run his race as a world class striker. We good.
    Interesting take. He is clearly a quality player but last season's exceptional form may have been a one off.
    Could be a decent but of business but...dunno, selling our captain and best player to a club who are supposed to be a rival? Doesn't sit well.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Power_n_Glory View Post
    Bank!
    lmao

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Marc Overmars View Post
    I highly doubt we'll buy another striker, well certainly not one who compares to Van Persie.
    Doesn't necessarily need another striker but if we don't strengthen our attacking options with both rvp and song out then wenger has learnt nothing and we may as well not bother with this season. Buy wisely and I still think this could be a very interesting year for us.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i hope that mirallas(sp) to everton story is garbage and we snap him up. Forget van persie now, we need all the cancers out of the club before we can heal...Fuck Em all....If you want out get out!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    To be honest I reckon he knew that day at West Brom he was off. "Whatever happens I will always love this club", not the words of someone who is interested in committing.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
    why is everyone blaming Van Persie for this?.....footballers are children with just about enough intelligence to tie their shoe laces.....when very stupid people constantly have people whispering in their ear telling them how great they are, how they should be earning more, playing in champions league finals they are going to listen.
    This board have a) allowed this situation to come to pass by allowing wenger to deal with contract negotiations
    b) shown they are more interested in getting in as much cash as possible instead of letting this player run down his contract and maybe win something with us, with the additions we have made.