Page 270 of 321 FirstFirst ... 170220260268269270271272280320 ... LastLast
Results 2,691 to 2,700 of 3206

Thread: Good Bye RVP!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ollie the optimist View Post
    ive spent the last five minutes trying to argue with that, but htat post is so idiotic and moronic the only repsonse is to laugh
    Of course it is. I find your posts to be just the same

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not sure how I feel about this.

On one hand it's shocking that we've sold our best player to the club directly above us, given how phenomenal he was last season. I think this also shows that Giroud/Podolski (at least one of them) was bought to replace RVP instead of play alongside him.

On the other hand 24M is good business, RVP can only decline from now on - not saying he'll be a flop but doubt he'll reach the same levels he reached for us. A Rooney-RVP partnership is quite scary.

All depends on what we do next. At the moment our net transfer spending is around 7M, with three decent players in (you could perhaps count Cazorla as world class but I haven't seen enough of him to put him in that category) and one world class player out. If Song leaves and we do not make any more signings then this will be a mediocre transfer window with a positive net transfer income as usual.

If Song stays and we get in another couple of players (Sahin for one, not sure about the others but I do think we need a defender or two) then this is still a decent transfer window and we can push for trophies.

Only thing I want to know more about is whether Wenger was interested in Berbatov, it's public knowledge that they wanted to sell him for around 5M and given their desire for RVP we could have done a player + cash swap. Would have been a very good deal IMO.

The King Is Back.

Selling optimism to fools KSE Comedy Club's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ralpheroo72 View Post
    Link?
    http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/news/m...161213304.html

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by gooners View Post
    Of course it is. I find your posts to be just the same

you clearly need to stop playing football manger if you think rich arabs just throwing money at a football club and winning is a dream club for fans.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Boss View Post
    it's public knowledge that they wanted to sell him for around 5M and given their desire for RVP we could have done a player + cash swap. Would have been a very good deal IMO.
    United are not stupid enough to do that.

They will willingly sell us the likes of silvestre though

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Look, yea it's not a nice thought selling to Man U, but Ive been debating with my man u mate and it's got me thinking...They could potentially invest 64million in OSW if he gets the pay packet of Rooney and a 4 year deal (as it's been reported) thats an obscene amount of money for an injury prone player like RvP. If he gets injured (which he will) then we can put things into perspective. Trust me once I began going through his injury history to my mate he became very quiet (I could see the doubt creeping in to his veins LOL - it affected his face LOL).

Im happy with the players we have brought in, however we do still have doubts over Song and Walcott. Now I think Song is gone and Theo will stay, but I stiull think Wenger needs to buy an additional striker becasue he came out and said that giroud and Podolski were purchased to play ALONG side RvP, not to replace him, if this is the case then Wenger felt we needed a certain number of strikers for the squad and that has now decreased by one. He will hopefully buy, but either way...OSW isnt the guy I thought he was and we're better off without that kind of cancer in the squad.

Wenger seems to me to be starting from scratch, but this time he has a support system in Bould and Banfield that actually reflects this. We also need to have players 100% commited. The second half against Cologne was telling for me. It was built up of either uncommited players, players coming off long injury and you could see the lack of drive from certain players barring Gervinho and Kos.

Fuck Van Persie, he's gone, i'm looking forward to Podolski and I have a sneaky feeling Giroud is gonna be a handful and do well in the prem. AOC will be better, as will Arteta. Cazorla will bring the creativity we need and Wenger will bring in Sahin.

It's not panic stations yet, we have to just play to our maximim, a strong DM and Striker or Winger and it's enough to challenge this season.

Selling optimism to fools KSE Comedy Club's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Newguy View Post
    Look, yea it's not a nice thought selling to Man U, but Ive been debating with my man u mate and it's got me thinking...They could potentially invest 64million in OSW if he gets the pay packet of Rooney and a 4 year deal (as it's been reported) thats an obscene amount of money for an injury prone player like RvP. If he gets injured (which he will) then we can put things into perspective. Trust me once I began going through his injury history to my mate he became very quiet (I could see the doubt creeping in to his veins LOL - it affected his face LOL).

Im happy with the players we have brought in, however we do still have doubts over Song and Walcott. Now I think Song is gone and Theo will stay, but I stiull think Wenger needs to buy an additional striker becasue he came out and said that giroud and Podolski were purchased to play ALONG side RvP, not to replace him, if this is the case then Wenger felt we needed a certain number of strikers for the squad and that has now decreased by one. He will hopefully buy, but either way...OSW isnt the guy I thought he was and we're better off without that kind of cancer in the squad.

Wenger seems to me to be starting from scratch, but this time he has a support system in Bould and Banfield that actually reflects this. We also need to have players 100% commited. The second half against Cologne was telling for me. It was built up of either uncommited players, players coming off long injury and you could see the lack of drive from certain players barring Gervinho and Kos.

Fuck Van Persie, he's gone, i'm looking forward to Podolski and I have a sneaky feeling Giroud is gonna be a handful and do well in the prem. AOC will be better, as will Arteta. Cazorla will bring the creativity we need and Wenger will bring in Sahin.

It's not panic stations yet, we have to just play to our maximim, a strong DM and Striker or Winger and it's enough to challenge this season.
    I agree entirely

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    you clearly need to stop playing football manger if you think rich arabs just throwing money at a football club and winning is a dream club for fans.
    hey buddy, if a footie fan is rich enough to buy a club and pump their money into it to indulge their love of the game --- it is their choice. FOOTBALL IS ABOUT MORE THAN JUST MONEY FOR SOME --- something which seems to be lost on you,AW (these days) and the likes of PHW. If Abramovich, City's owners etc want to pump money into their clubs -- as long as this was within the laws of the game --- they can do whatever the fuck they want! Deal with it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by gooners View Post
    hey buddy, if a footie fan is rich enough to buy a club and pump their money into it to indulge their love of the game --- it is their choice. FOOTBALL IS ABOUT MORE THAN JUST MONEY FOR SOME --- something which seems to be lost on you,AW (these days) and the likes of PHW. If Abramovich, City's owners etc want to pump money into their clubs -- as long as this was within the laws of the game --- they can do whatever the fuck they want! Deal with it.

if a footie fan loves football, he doesnt buy a club and spend bilions just to win trophies. tahts not football, buying every player on the planet just becuase he is good and putting him in one team is not football. but it is for idiots, hence why you enjoy it

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    if a footie fan loves football, he doesnt buy a club and spend bilions just to win trophies. tahts not football, buying every player on the planet just becuase he is good and putting him in one team is not football. but it is for idiots, hence why you enjoy it
    Spot on.