User Tag List

Page 51 of 321 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361101151 ... LastLast

Thread: Good Bye RVP!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dog Toffee View Post
    Theres no other single player who's anywhere near as important to us as RVP, so who else would moan that he's getting a huge pay increase (maybe double)?
    Nice in theory. But we're talking about young men with more cars than brain cells here. A proper sense of humility and proportion isn't likely to override a sense of greed. And even if it does, you can be sure that their agents will be taking note.

Besides, like I said, it's not so much about who and how many would moan as who the board are willing to risk moaning.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Flavs View Post
    I dont think people appreciate just how much dead wood we have and the cost of keeping them around for the rest of their contracts. Would be far better to just negotiate a pay of and get rid of the twats. Some will go on free transfers, the likes of Almunia and Vela will always have clubs willing to sign them its the ones with the attitude we may struggle to shift, like Bendtner and Denilson.

Yep, problem is what if players like Bendtner refuse it then what do you so. For me its this giving players long contracts that have really messed us up.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie the Gooner View Post
    Yep, problem is what if players like Bendtner refuse it then what do you so. For me its this giving players long contracts that have really messed us up.
    Terminate their contracts obviously

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fakeyank View Post
    Even if its not just the international friendly injury game being played it doesn't matter, Park will be over his waiting period now and will come in and bang a hat-trick at the scouse

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Flavs View Post
    Even if its not just the international friendly injury game being played it doesn't matter, Park will be over his waiting period now and will come in and bang a hat-trick at the scouse
    Question is... is he over his wanting period?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Manchester City manager Roberto Mancini has confirmed his interest in Robin van Persie - but believes the Arsenal captain will remain with the Gunners.

The 28-year-old, who has netted 32 goals for the north London club this season, is out of contract at the Emirates Stadium in 2013 and has put talks over a new deal on hold until the summer.

Mancini would love to sign Van Persie if he became available, but does not think that will happen.

The Italian said: "We are interested in all good players. This is normal, but not only us. I think all the good teams are interested in Van Persie.
    "I think Van Persie at this moment is one of the best strikers in Europe with [Lionel] Messi, [Cristiano] Ronaldo and with Sergio [Aguero] and Mario [Balotelli].

"I think he is a fantastic striker, but I think he will remain with Arsenal."

Stay

City acquired Samir Nasri from Arsenal last summer and have also signed Gael Clichy, Kolo Toure and Emmanuel Adebayor from the Gunners in recent years.

Mancini added: "I think if there is a good player who wants to leave a club, then we are interested.

"But if this player wants to stay, we don't have any problem. In my opinion, Van Persie will stay at Arsenal.

"I think Robin van Persie will sign a new contract with Arsenal because if Arsenal lose also Van Persie, they will have a big problem.

"I think Arsenal will buy good players in the summer. Arsenal is a top team. They want to win the next Premier League, so for these reasons I think he will stay."
    http://www1.skysports.com/football/n...s-RVP-interest

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie the Gooner View Post
    Aguero and Balotelli have some ways to go to be considered in the same class as RvP. For all their money, City haven't managed to buy the best in any position.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fist of Lehmann View Post
    Nice in theory. But we're talking about young men with more cars than brain cells here. A proper sense of humility and proportion isn't likely to override a sense of greed. And even if it does, you can be sure that their agents will be taking note.

Besides, like I said, it's not so much about who and how many would moan as who the board are willing to risk moaning.
    All you do is make sure the good players - the ones you want to keep - get the good pay. If the ones on lesser pay moan and leave, then presumably since they are not the good ones you wanted to keep, they can piss off.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Niall_Quinn View Post
    Aguero and Balotelli have some ways to go to be considered in the same class as RvP. For all their money, City haven't managed to buy the best in any position.
    But would object to a swap deal if RVP had his heart set on leaving and one those players really wanted to play for us? I know I wouldn't. 12 months ago, RVP wasn't on anybody's hitlist. On the reverse, if you had heard we were in negotiations for either Aguero or Balotelli, I doubt you'd have made such a statement. They're both good strikers but RVP towers above everyone at the moment.