User Tag List

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: What is the point of it all anyway???

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Flavs View Post
    We are also missing a lovable character we can all adore, most teams have at lest 1 us? Wilshere might become this if we dont sell him to Citeh in the summer but as of now we have nothing, we are a team of gray skinned dullards who are about as exciting as listening to Letters and WMUG discuss their sex lives
    what - with each other?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by I_Killed_Kenny View Post
    what - with each other?
    Well they are christian

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LDG View Post
    I'm a gooner through and through. First match 1987, through thick and thin, good times and bad....I'll always support them, and will always hold the club in my heart.

But I'm just not interested in football anymore. It's a fucking disgrace what is going on right now.

I'm not talking about our poor form, or anything to do with on the pitch matters. Grounds are soulless, prices are extortionate, there's a disconnect with fans like never before.

Anyone who is a fan, will obviously be going through hell right now watching our lot huff and puff and fall down....but is it all really worth it?? I mean, if they don't care....what the fuck are we doing caring?? I still do, but that's not the point.

I'm starting to really consider switching my attention to Barnet or something. So I can actually enjoy supporting my team again, and have some sort of connect on a Saturday.

Of course, this is all well and good having a nice pretty idea....but I know I'll be sat in front of the box, or in the ground for the next embarrassment....why the fuck do we go through it??

How do people really feel??
    fans have far more personal access to footballers than ever before. you cant meet them in a pub for a drink of course like the 'good old days' but if i was a footballer, i wouldnt want to put myself in that situation.

interviews galore, training access and of course twitter put the fans in touch unlike years past

if arsenal were doing better then none of this shit would matter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well they are christian
    is that a ruling in the commandments then?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    its the 11th commandment mate "thou shall bum young boys without shame or prejudice"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    its the 11th commandment mate "thou shall bum young boys without shame or prejudice"
    sure that wasnt just wenger

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Terry Tuffnutz View Post
    fans have far more personal access to footballers than ever before. you cant meet them in a pub for a drink of course like the 'good old days' but if i was a footballer, i wouldnt want to put myself in that situation.

interviews galore, training access and of course twitter put the fans in touch unlike years past

if arsenal were doing better then none of this shit would matter
    Don't agree. Went to every match season before last, and we pretty much won every game, scored loads and played well in the most part.

It wasn't anywhere near the same connect with the fans as it used to be.

It's nothing to do with results.
    It's better to burn out, than to fade away.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The sport has been killed by it's governing authorities.

Football.

Awful sport.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LDG View Post
    I'm a gooner through and through. First match 1987, through thick and thin, good times and bad....I'll always support them, and will always hold the club in my heart.

But I'm just not interested in football anymore. It's a fucking disgrace what is going on right now.

I'm not talking about our poor form, or anything to do with on the pitch matters. Grounds are soulless, prices are extortionate, there's a disconnect with fans like never before.

Anyone who is a fan, will obviously be going through hell right now watching our lot huff and puff and fall down....but is it all really worth it?? I mean, if they don't care....what the fuck are we doing caring?? I still do, but that's not the point.

I'm starting to really consider switching my attention to Barnet or something. So I can actually enjoy supporting my team again, and have some sort of connect on a Saturday.

Of course, this is all well and good having a nice pretty idea....but I know I'll be sat in front of the box, or in the ground for the next embarrassment....why the fuck do we go through it??

How do people really feel??
    Totally agree with this, you could watch even Fulham and you'd enjoy them right now. We deffo need a player that will lift the fans somone who we can chant and sing his name that has not happend in a while even before this season.

Football as a whole not just us is boring especially with the top teams it seems to be about money these days so the connection with the fans disappere quick just look at Tevez for example , who used to have his name chanted now where ever he goes he won't be loved as much because of his behaviour.

This all started when football became a business not much of a sport these days.
    Last edited by Olivier's xmas twist; 06-10-2011 at 01:41 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ice Berg Kamping View Post
    There is a massive disconnect between team and fans. At AFC this is not just a symptom of the modern game, its the result of the repeated lack of transparency as to what the club is about, its intentions, what the plan is, why the bizzare things we have seen are happening. There is a real arrogance about how the club sees its fans - basically a 'how dare you question the club when you have it so good' approach. Nowhere has this been more apparent than in AW's reaction to being asked challenging questions by the minority shareholders or AST. Any statement by the club is so spun out of existence that I am not surprised that there is so much scepticism about the board's true intentions.

I dont think it has anything to do with prices. We are basically run by a smug manager and probably an even cuntier board. In the early nineties, we werent beating all and sundry but from what I hear, we still had the supporters come in. The reason I think that happened was because prices were more reasonable and more importantly, you felt the players gave a damn about trying. With the squad of the last 3 seasons or so, you just dont see the desire and passion in the players. Its like watching a team filled with Berbatov's and Arshavin's... no matter how brilliant they are on their day, supporters relate more to a player like Kuyt, Park, Wilshere who will bust a gut.

If Arsenal starts doing well, I am sure you (LDG) will be back feeling excited about watching them. Hell I am ready to pay top $ to come and watch us play even if we are 15th in the league... all I ask for is some fuckin commitment from the players. I just do not see that and thats why I have no intention of going to a game when I come to London this coming February.