User Tag List

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: What is the point of it all anyway???

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What is the point of it all anyway???

I'm a gooner through and through. First match 1987, through thick and thin, good times and bad....I'll always support them, and will always hold the club in my heart.

But I'm just not interested in football anymore. It's a fucking disgrace what is going on right now.

I'm not talking about our poor form, or anything to do with on the pitch matters. Grounds are soulless, prices are extortionate, there's a disconnect with fans like never before.

Anyone who is a fan, will obviously be going through hell right now watching our lot huff and puff and fall down....but is it all really worth it?? I mean, if they don't care....what the fuck are we doing caring?? I still do, but that's not the point.

I'm starting to really consider switching my attention to Barnet or something. So I can actually enjoy supporting my team again, and have some sort of connect on a Saturday.

Of course, this is all well and good having a nice pretty idea....but I know I'll be sat in front of the box, or in the ground for the next embarrassment....why the fuck do we go through it??

How do people really feel??
    It's better to burn out, than to fade away.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You on the rag?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You should come to away games mate it would reinvigorate you. Home games are shite because the ground is soulless.

But yeah go to a few lower league games and its a completely different game, this is why i still go and watch county every now and again its like going back in time 15 years.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, been to a few away. Last one was Pompey. That was dire, but the fans (all around tbf) were awesome.

Used to love going down the Dell to watch us beat the fuck out of Southampton too....

Some ways, it's more Arsenal to be going through this at the moment though....just wish we had the bouncebackability we had 10 years ago.
    It's better to burn out, than to fade away.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Remember going to see us against Wimbledon at plough lane years ago (we lost 1-0) when they scored it showed how many Arsenal fans were there because only a quarter the sadium cheered

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i agree, slowly but surely i am falling out of love with the game. i only get excited when its about an hour before kick-off nowadays but til then the whole thing is disappointing. but i will still be there giving it for the arsenal. tortured love i guess.

btw do you have to pay to be on the away scheme? or can any red member get tickets for away games as i too am considering only going away now.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by I_Killed_Kenny View Post
    btw do you have to pay to be on the away scheme? or can any red member get tickets for away games as i too am considering only going away now.
    I am part of the Yorkshire Arsenal Supporters club so get my trips that way. Where do you live? There maybe a supporters club near you

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Flavs View Post
    I am part of the Yorkshire Arsenal Supporters club so get my trips that way. Where do you live? There maybe a supporters club near you
    i live down the road from the stadium in lush green lanes harringay! lol

i havent ever looked into away tickets so no idea if you have to join or what

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Its a good thread - because it asks essentially why active football fans follow their team. You are clearly not a glory hunter - so its not a question of having to win trophies to support your team.

But with the current Arsenal team, many Gooners I know are losing interest because:

- We have become an extremely boring team to watch. There a few moments of genuine excitement (if you discount the heart-in-mouth moments when the opposition get anywhere near our goal). For all our sideways and backwards passing possession there are few genuine chances created these days. Even our free kicks and corners tend to yield little prospect of a goal.

- There is a lack of drive; industry; passion - all those elements that make football, as a relatively low-scoring sport, interesting.

- There is a mix of utter frustration and nervousness that leeches enjoyment out of what we are seeing.

- We have been starved for years of the excitement generated by a real WOW signing.

- There is a massive disconnect between team and fans. At AFC this is not just a symptom of the modern game, its the result of the repeated lack of transparency as to what the club is about, its intentions, what the plan is, why the bizzare things we have seen are happening. There is a real arrogance about how the club sees its fans - basically a 'how dare you question the club when you have it so good' approach. Nowhere has this been more apparent than in AW's reaction to being asked challenging questions by the minority shareholders or AST. Any statement by the club is so spun out of existence that I am not surprised that there is so much scepticism about the board's true intentions.

- The ownership saga has, in its own way contributed to this disconnect - because it has resulted in a dogged adherence to the status quo. So we are left in the farcical position of having 2 multi-billionaire owners, yet not a penny of investment on the playing side. Basically, the stadium project has done little more than make us an asset rich club that is attractive for a shareholder, not a real investor in the club.

- The atmosphere at the Emirates is, basically, shit as a result, partly, of all the above.

Certainly - this has reduced my connection to love for AFC, and therefore football in general.
    Putting the laughter back into manslaughter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We are also missing a lovable character we can all adore, most teams have at lest 1 us? Wilshere might become this if we dont sell him to Citeh in the summer but as of now we have nothing, we are a team of gray skinned dullards who are about as exciting as listening to Letters and WMUG discuss their sex lives