User Tag List

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: Gazidis is a waste of fucking space.

New Signing
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Niall_Quinn View Post
    I'm not going to comment on your position or stance, it's your intelligence I question!
    Nearly chocked myself reading that. Such flawless perfection.

New Signing
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fist of Lehmann View Post
    This.

Why waste more time? Pearls and swine is the phrase that springs to mind.
    Thanks for the reminder. Was tempted to deliver another knockout blow, but as you rightly said a pointless waste. And the novelty does wear off quite quickly.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Arsenal chief executive Ivan Gazidis believes the club can remain at the top of the game for potentially 20 years, regardless of what financial fair play stipulates.

Financial fair play was introduced by Uefa President Michel Platini to make sure European clubs are handling their finances effectively where teams could potentially be banned from the Champions League or Europa League as a consequence.

The Gunners CEO insists that the club will not be changing what they do, however, and believes that Arsenal's financial model is one that all clubs strive to match.

He told Sky Sports News: "We believe in what we’re doing outside financial fair play so we’re not relying on any kind of rules nor are we really changing what we do.

"We believe that what we do is the right thing to do for our football club. This idea of a sustainable model means that we can look forward with real confidence and say Arsenal will be at the top of the game five years from now, 10 years from now and 20 years from now.

"We don’t rely on anybody but ourselves for our own success and we stand on our own two feet.

"That’s a very powerful position for us and something that we believe in regardless of what Uefa do, regardless of what financial fair play entails.

"I think all clubs want to try to get themselves to that position. Every club I speak to wants to ultimately be in that position even the ones that are spending enormous amounts of money today want to move their clubs to that position."

Gazidis went on to state that the Premier League is proving to be difficult for potential investors to get involved with and suggested that football must come up with a new model to attract a bigger pool of prospective owners.

He added: "What we're seeing increasingly is fewer and fewer potential owners able to own a Premier League team.

"More and more people finding themselves stuck and thinking 'how can I compete in this environment' and we're seeing a potential pool of owners, now, it's so small, that you're looking around the world for a handful of individuals that can be a benefactor for these clubs at these amounts of money.

"The question the game has to ask itself is 'is that healthy?' or would it be more healthy, which I believe, if we could find a model where somebody could invest in football without losing their shirt."
    http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2896/...-in-a-position

Yay we'll be at the top of the football tree in 20 years

You guys are too impatient

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ach View Post
    http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2896/...-in-a-position

Yay we'll be at the top of the football tree in 20 years

You guys are too impatient
    The board is the only reason this club is afloat!

Kroenke

Gazidis

PHW

Great footballing tactics deployed by the board as well, in the last few weeks!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He's right tbf.
    It's better to burn out, than to fade away.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LDG View Post
    He's right tbf.
    Indeed, if there is a correlation between income and success, and there clearly is, we are solid...solid as a rock.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LDG View Post
    He's right tbf.
    Totally - and well put too.
    Putting the laughter back into manslaughter