User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Walcott - Play him as a striker or don't play him at all

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie the Gooner View Post
    im not saying he should be played on the left or on the wing i agree down the middle, my point was even though wenger( for whatever reason) plays him on the wing, Capello could play him upfront if he thought it was more benefical to him. For some reason he keeps him on the wing when he is not effective.
    Fabio can’t pick Theo to play as a striker ahead of Rooney, Defoe, Bent, Crouch…etc. If Fabio needed a pacey striker to get on the end of moves and finish them off, he has plenty of options. We, on the other hand, don’t have that luxury. We don’t have a Defoe, Owen, Hernandez type striker in the squad and we’re in need of one. We could go out and buy one or give Theo the chance he’s been asking for.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    does he not play in the wing for england too, so Capello must on what Wenger is then not to see it.

end of the day theo is not good enough no matter what team he plays in.
    And he isnt really setting the world on fire for England either! I know he got a hattrick 3 years ago or so but really he is not the best player out there. He plays there because Lennon is injured most of the time or is crap.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FakeYank View Post
    And he isnt really setting the world on fire for England either! I know he got a hattrick 3 years ago or so but really he is not the best player out there. He plays there because Lennon is injured most of the time or is crap.
    I think Theo will lose his play in the England team to Sturridge sooner or later. He needs to really step it up or he could well miss out on the Euros altogether.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Power_n_Glory View Post
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/thefootba...o_play_up.html

Worth a read.

He knows his game is suited for the right wing but that's where he's been told to play and I'm pretty sure he's aware of the criticism. I'll give him credit for sticking with it, but most players would have left Wenger by now. This is ruining his reputation but luckily his confidence is still there because he keeps on going.
    Problem with theo, is that his finsishing is terrible atm. he might know where he wants to play, but is he good enough to play there ?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problem with theo, is that his finsishing is terrible atm. he might know where he wants to play, but is he good enough to play there ?
    Wenger isn't playing him on the wings because he can't finish. Wenger keeps saying his future is as a striker so you have to question why he's on the wings. I think Wenger is trying to develop his dribbling skills, left foot and passing ability. That's the only reason why I think he's do that because I know he tries to get players to work on their weak areas.

Next time Theo is playing and the next goal he scores, watch his shot technique and compare it to the rest of the midfield players. Sometimes he looks rusty but he attempts stuff and normal midield player just wouldn't. Chips, dinks, lifting it over the keeper, curling shots... his technique is good and you can see he has that striker instinct the way he opens up his body when goes to shoot and how confident looks when through on goal. Keep an eye on that stuff and watch Chamakh, Gervinho, Ramsey etc in comparison.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wenger isn't playing him on the wings because he can't finish. Wenger keeps saying his future is as a striker so you have to question why he's on the wings. I think Wenger is trying to develop his dribbling skills, left foot and passing ability. That's the only reason why I think he's do that because I know he tries to get players to work on their weak areas.

Next time Theo is playing and the next goal he scores, watch his shot technique and compare it to the rest of the midfield players. Sometimes he looks rusty but he attempts stuff and normal midield player just wouldn't. Chips, dinks, lifting it over the keeper, curling shots... his technique is good and you can see he has that striker instinct the way he opens up his body when goes to shoot and how confident looks when through on goal. Keep an eye on that stuff and watch Chamakh, Gervinho, Ramsey etc in comparison.
    Never said he was

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Never said he was
    Forget it. Get some rest. You're not with it today.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Forget it. Get some rest. You're not with it today.
    Neitther is your face

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Charlie has gone mental over the past month.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Marc Overmars View Post
    Charlie has gone mental over the past month.
    So's your face lol