User Tag List

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: if AW spends big and we get a torres, what happens?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Niall_Quinn View Post
    Surely the fact Wenger and Arsenal have done nothing in the past 60 months is the big problem? When each outcome is the same as the last people start to spot a pattern, some sooner than others. A few posters here had Wenger sussed a long time ago. The rest of us, myself included, have been slower to catch on. Some still don't see it at all.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Letters, Wenger is a loon, face it. He's got these dumb statistics coming out of his arse and they all amount to a pile of shit in the end, as we've seen. Plus he's got this stupid phobia about over 30's, it's almost as if he's made it his mission to sabotage this club on the pitch. He's let great players go, at the right time according to media and yet we've never replaced them. He's brought abject shite in instead, what other "top" club would have the likes of a past-it Silvestre or Cygan or Chamakh or Squillaci stinking up the place? Wenger's the problem, plus that money grabbing board he serves so diligently. The evidence is screaming now. Persist with this guy for just one more year and the damage might be terminal.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by budesonide View Post
    http://www.independent.ie/sport/socc...on-349069.html

http://www.wldcup.com/news/2003May/2...ld_soccer.html

"If I see at any time that Arsenal don't do everything to try to win trophies, that their ambitions no longer match mine, then that's it." -- Patrick Vieira

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/foot...al/1487068.stm
    ALL of those articles are from way before Vieira left. They may contain quotes where he complains about this or that after a disappointing result or season but I don't see how that's relevant. The quotes I posted are from when he left which is what we were talking about. When he did it was our choice to sell him, not his choice to leave because of frustrations about how things were going.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Niall_Quinn View Post
    Letters, Wenger is a loon, face it. He's got these dumb statistics coming out of his arse and they all amount to a pile of shit in the end, as we've seen. Plus he's got this stupid phobia about over 30's, it's almost as if he's made it his mission to sabotage this club on the pitch. He's let great players go, at the right time according to media and yet we've never replaced them. He's brought abject shite in instead, what other "top" club would have the likes of a past-it Silvestre or Cygan or Chamakh or Squillaci stinking up the place? Wenger's the problem, plus that money grabbing board he serves so diligently. The evidence is screaming now. Persist with this guy for just one more year and the damage might be terminal.
    I said in the other thread I think he should go. But your hysterical nonsense about him is ridiculous. You're acting like he just got us relegated.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters (TPFKA WWTL@WHL) View Post
    I said in the other thread I think he should go. But your hysterical nonsense about him is ridiculous. You're acting like he just got us relegated.
    That's what he said when he was trying to persuade us being second best was acceptable. The thing that makes me most angry is he won't even admit he is wrong. It's like he has an ability to blot out every disaster. The guy's got something wrong in his head.

New Signing
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ollie the optimist View Post
    not sure if i have seen this dicussed before on the old site, but what happens if wenger goes out, spends a fuck load of money on big names, parkers, cahills etc etc and they all fail like torres did? will you jump up and down on his back screaming at him cos he failed again or would you be content that at least he spent the money.

Torres did not fail.

The Torres thing is symptomatic of our crappy season. Our midfield was bone awful and had as much creativity as a vacuum. Torres is a type of striker who thrives on passes played in behind the defence that he can run onto. What he got instead was team-mates mistaking him for Drogba which is most perplexing. If the team actually play in a manner which utilises his abilities properly then he will kick ass.

I fully expect Torres to score tons of goals (assuming he's not perma-injured) next season providing we realise he's not Drogba MK2.
    Last edited by StamfordBrdige; 24-05-2011 at 03:33 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Agreed, Letters. It is not the demand for change that bothers me, it is hysterical cries for it that are worrisome.
    While all answers are responses, not all responses are answers.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by StamfordBrdige View Post
    Torres did not fail.

The Torres thing is a symptomatic of our crappy season. Our midfield was bone awful and had as much creativity a vacuum. Torres is a type of striker who thrives on passes played in behind the defence that he can run onto. What he got instead was team-mates mistaking him for Drogba which is most perplexing. If the team actually play in a manner which utilises his abilities properly then he would have kicked ass.

I fully expect Torres to score tons of goals (assuming he's not perma-injured) next season providing we realise he's not Drogba MK2.
    We've got Chamakh, so in your face!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ALL of those articles are from way before Vieira left. They may contain quotes where he complains about this or that after a disappointing result or season but I don't see how that's relevant. The quotes I posted are from when he left which is what we were talking about. When he did it was our choice to sell him, not his choice to leave because of frustrations about how things were going.
    we barely managed the FA cup in his last season didn't we? I shall dig up more.

and, re: henry, you are speculating or merely deducing 1+4 to be equal to ten. I assume that is what you originally accused me of?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Toronto Gooner View Post
    Agreed, Letters. It is not the demand for change that bothers me, it is hysterical cries for it that are worrisome.
    You think the board are listening anyway? The "hysteria" is nothing of the sort, it's anger at seeing a bunch of greedy bastards and their uncompromising tool make a laughing stock out of the club. All for want of a few quid invested and a teeny, tiny concession to reality. You said somewhere else that fans calling for Wenger's head halfway through this famine were behaving unreasonably. I don't think so, I think they were just sharper at reading the writing on the wall. Now it's scrawled fifty feet high in bright red paint. We are in the window that allows for either more of the same or a new direction. We've all seen Wenger fail time after time, why anyone wants more of it is a mystery. Very frustrating. It's like trying to run a car with a broken engine, you change the wheels, change the stereo, take it to the car wash, but no way do you change the engine.