User Tag List

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: if AW spends big and we get a torres, what happens?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    WE'RE BUYING TORRES?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ironing View Post
    WE'RE BUYING TORRES?
    That's a big statement to make as your first post.
    Last edited by LDG; 24-05-2011 at 03:52 PM.
    It's better to burn out, than to fade away.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LDG View Post
    That's a big bold statement to make as your first post.
    Capitalising on the new forum, by the look of it.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by budesonide View Post
    we barely managed the FA cup in his last season didn't we? I shall dig up more.

and, re: henry, you are speculating or merely deducing 1+4 to be equal to ten. I assume that is what you originally accused me of?
    What's the point of digging up anything? The article I posted was his comments when he left which is what we're talking about.
    He did NOT leave because of lack of ambition or because of anything he saw wrong at the club. He was sold and he said it was our choice and he wanted to stay.

I'm not speculating about whether Henry had marriage problems, that is a matter of public record. As for whether it was part of his leaving, well maybe but again I posted his comments on leaving and nowhere did he say he was leaving because of a lack of ambition at the club and he predicted we'd do well after he left (and actually the year immediately after he left we did do better).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Tbf, he wanted to win the CL before he left. I know that's speculative, but it's not a great leap of faith to imagine that he knew we wouldn't win it in his time with the club, so he left for somewhere that would win it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's a big statement to make as your first post.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Tbf, he wanted to win the CL before he left. I know that's speculative, but it's not a great leap of faith to imagine that he knew we wouldn't win it in his time with the club, so he left for somewhere that would win it.
    I think that's a reasonable assumption/bit of speculation, yes.
    That may well have been a factor.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I recall Henry calling for some signings during his last season with us, it was during that period when he was crocked in the autumn. I think Gilberto might have said something similar too but I can't remember that for sure. When Freddie joined West Ham, he said it wasn't the same at the club anymore because all of his Invincible buddies were shipped out. It's not too much of a leap faith really to think that these players, particularly ones of the stature of Henry had no interest in wasting time with a bunch of youths...the icy stare said as much.

I think it was all collective though, the break down of his marriage, injury problems, decline of the team etc, that lead to him leaving.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters (TPFKA WWTL@WHL) View Post
    What's the point of digging up anything? The article I posted was his comments when he left which is what we're talking about.
    He did NOT leave because of lack of ambition or because of anything he saw wrong at the club. He was sold and he said it was our choice and he wanted to stay.

I'm not speculating about whether Henry had marriage problems, that is a matter of public record. As for whether it was part of his leaving, well maybe but again I posted his comments on leaving and nowhere did he say he was leaving because of a lack of ambition at the club and he predicted we'd do well after he left (and actually the year immediately after he left we did do better).
    No, you are speculating that it was a reason (or part of the reason) as to why he left -- if not why mention it? Else, you are doing exactly what you claim i am doing. Vieira wanted to win the CL, henry wanted to win the CL -- with the latter (as i said earlier) being the most vocal about it in his last few years as to the lack of ambition being shown by the club. MO and LDG's posts suggest i am not being revisionist.

I fully accept the quotes by vieira you have posted to suggest otherwise just as I accept ashley cole's autobiographical account of his time here.