User Tag List

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: if AW spends big and we get a torres, what happens?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We decided when to sell Henry and Vieria but let's not pretend that there wasn't something wrong before they left. If Cesc left this season and made a statement saying he wanted to leave because Silent Stan now owns the club now, things aren't the same and he just broke up with his girlfriend so he wants to go back to Spain, would you believe that rubbish? If the club tried to spin it that we sold him because he was constantly getting injured, would you believe that?

Pay no attention to the PR statements. Paddy didn't want to leave things sour with the Arsenal fans. He was flirting with Real Madrid for seasons, told Cashley to demand higher wages and wasn't all that happy in his final days. He wanted a move to Real Madrid, not Juve. Also, how can forget the day Henry was dropped for the Spurs game and came out saying we should sign SWP? The statements from the club and players are just for show. Denilson made a statement about wanting leave last week. Anyone here really think he's winner and has decided to leave because he wants silverware? We all know he's been frozen out of the team and the writing on wall as our season was falling apart. Speculation about him being sold was all over the papers and I'm pretty sure he's read them and decided to jump before being pushed. It's like handing in your resignation before getting fired. You get to leave with some dignity at least.

Back to the original topic. If Wenger were to sign a top quality striker like Torres and play him as a winger, then yes, I will blame him. I think everyone has realised that the problem goes way beyond spending money. We shouldn't need a player worth £50m to beat teams like Birmingham!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Power_n_Glory View Post
    We shouldn't need a player worth £50m to beat teams like Birmingham!
    And that, my fellow gwebbers, is the crust of the mass 'hysteria'.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Frankly, if he were to buy a Torres I guess the reasons would be that he was the wrong type of Torres. It'd leave the guys who continually bitch about having to pay top prices but never getting any big signings without a leg to stand on but they'd move onto something else cos by that point it'll be obvious that not buying a Torres wasn't the issue, as I and pretty much everybody around here realises.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by StamfordBrdige View Post
    Torres did not fail.

The Torres thing is symptomatic of our crappy season. Our midfield was bone awful and had as much creativity as a vacuum. Torres is a type of striker who thrives on passes played in behind the defence that he can run onto. What he got instead was team-mates mistaking him for Drogba which is most perplexing. If the team actually play in a manner which utilises his abilities properly then he will kick ass.

I fully expect Torres to score tons of goals (assuming he's not perma-injured) next season providing we realise he's not Drogba MK2.
    He failed at Liverpool and he failed at Chelsea. In fact Liverpool seemed to thrive after he left.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Depends on what you mean by fail.

He scored lots of goals at Liverpool but won f all.

Shite at Chelsea though agreed

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If a Torres is not the only one to arrive, I suppose it´d be for good of course.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Then id be delighted

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I distinctly remember watching Sky Sports News the day Henry announced he would be leaving Arsenal. He was on tour in Asia for one of his sponsors and he stated Wenger leaving the club was why he was leaving. Shortly afterwards he gave other reasons.

Did a quick Google and couldn't find the video but I'm 90% sure this is what happened.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Has anyone every worked for a company with a high turnover of staff and every so often there is some sort of leaving party in the office? Usually, in places I've worked, the person whose leaving gives a speech. I've never once heard someone stand up and tell the cold hard truth about the company when they leave. You'll never hear how they hated their role, were underpaid, hate their boss, staff or whatever. In my experience, you get spin or out right lies. They've enjoyed working for the company, learned a lot, will miss everyone....some of that is true. But it's not the whole truth.

Think of Henry's speech in that way.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Power_n_Glory View Post
    Has anyone every worked for a company with a high turnover of staff and every so often there is some sort of leaving party in the office? Usually, in places I've worked, the person whose leaving gives a speech. I've never once heard someone stand up and tell the cold hard truth about the company when they leave. You'll never hear how they hated their role, were underpaid, hate their boss, staff or whatever. In my experience, you get spin or out right lies. They've enjoyed working for the company, learned a lot, will miss everyone....some of that is true. But it's not the whole truth.

Think of Henry's speech in that way.
    Why burn bridges like that

I think my boss is an alcoholic cunt, but if I ever left the company I'd want him on my side within our industry