User Tag List

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Carling Cup QF Draw. Soccer Saturday (SSN) from 12PM. 29th Oct.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We'lll do alright against City. They want to play football now, which will play more into our hands.
    It's better to burn out, than to fade away.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Very tough game, their squad is frankly scary......we might be at home but they put Man U to the sword away...they have a lot of goalscoring threats....they've scored a record breaking number of goals so far apparently (in the league).

Would feel so great to win this.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In a one-off match anything can happen. Sure, they beat manu 6-1 (though manu just chucked in the towel after 4-1 so the final scoreline is not a true reflection of how good they are) but since we beat chavs 5-3 coming back from a goal down, from them equalising at 3-3, any of which would have caused us to pack up and go home in the past, so I reckon this match is by no means a forgone conclusion either way. If we can get past this round, we are going to look very good but more importantly, it is going to give the team a great boost of confidence when combined with todays result at chavs (and after we have qualified for the CL knockout stage after this week).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ItsMe View Post
    Very tough game, their squad is frankly scary......we might be at home but they put Man U to the sword away...they have a lot of goalscoring threats....they've scored a record breaking number of goals so far apparently (in the league).

Would feel so great to win this.
    They will rest lots of players though as the league is their aim, being at home will be a big advantage tbh depending on the teams i guess. If the team thats plays them can play like the team the played in the 2nd half today we'll beat them and any other team.
    "I really like Arsenal. Do you really like Arsenal, or only Arsenal with trophies?" - Dennis Bergkamp.
    "Which Arsenal do they want back, the one Arsene created?" - Tony Adams.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie the Gooner View Post
    They will rest lots of players though as the league is their aim, being at home will be a big advantage tbh depending on the teams i guess. If the team thats plays them can play like the team the played in the 2nd half today we'll beat them and any other team.
    Their match afterwards in the league will be Norwich at home so they won't worry too much about resting players. We have Wigan away after this tie. Should be able to play a decent team for the CC match though.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Coney View Post
    Their match afterwards in the league will be Norwich at home so they won't worry too much about resting players. We have Wigan away after this tie. Should be able to play a decent team for the CC match though.
    Still looking forward to it, is the game on General Sale do you know, thanks in advance
    "I really like Arsenal. Do you really like Arsenal, or only Arsenal with trophies?" - Dennis Bergkamp.
    "Which Arsenal do they want back, the one Arsene created?" - Tony Adams.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie the Gooner View Post
    Still looking forward to it, is the game on General Sale do you know, thanks in advance
    I don't know. In any case, I can't go as I live the other side of the country so weekday matches are out. I can only make some weekend games.