User Tag List

Thread: Adebayor - a retrospective

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Adebayor - a retrospective

Monaco 2004
    Deschamps quit in September last year and there were rumours that Adebayor refused to play under the new coach.
    'Guidolin never spoke to me and he didn't like me,' said Adebayor. 'It was important for me to be told why I wasn't playing, but he didn't explain. I knew the best thing for me was to get out.

Togo 2007
    Adebayor's been arguing with the Togo Football Federation over money he feels he's owed. Most players receive stipends to appear in international tournaments. Adebayor feels he hasn't been paid enough for his services in leading Togo to their first ever World Cup this past summer in Germany.It's not the first time Adebayor's been in trouble with the national team. Last year, he threatened to leave the African Cup of Nations after a spat with the coach. "He can go," Togo captain Jean-Paul Abalo said at the time. "He didn't just betray his team, he betrayed the Togolese people.

Joins Arsenal January 2006
    This is a great day for me. I am joining Arsenal, one of Europe's leading teams, with a squad containing so many great players. I am looking forward to working very hard for the team and I hope I can give the Arsenal fans a lot of enjoyment in the future

After his best season at Arsenal 2008/9 - May 2009
    I often speak to Milan vice-president Adriano Galliani on the phone because he is very good at French as his wife is from Morocco," Adebayor told Italian newspaper Tuttosport. "Galliani may not be as sexy as Beyonce, but Milan are.
    "For now I just want to finish the season on a high, but then we will see. My agent Stephane Courbis is in London with his Italian associate Vincenzo Morabito and they are always working day and night

Joins Citeh (July 2009)
    As soon as you play for a team where the fans love you and are always behind you, you try to give them something back. That is what I have been showing since I joined this club. It is the same with new players like Carlos Tévez and Gareth Barry – with the support from the fans, that motivates and makes you a special player.

August 2010
    However, this season hasn’t started so well for Adebayor. He did start both matches of City’s Europa League playoff round tie against Timisoara, but his involvement in the first two Premier League matches consisted of a late substitute appearance in the season-opening draw at Tottenham, and he hasn’t hit the back of the net yet. And with City having splashed the cash on Italian hotshot Mario Balotelli, Adebayor’s opportunities could quickly become further limited.
    He says he has no qualms about staying to fight to be a significant part of Roberto Mancini’s plans, but he let it be known that he will leave for the right opportunity. The 26-year-old said, “The season is going to be very long and very difficult for myself.”
    “I’m a footballer and have to keep going and not give up. I need to keep fighting for myself and enjoying my football.
    “If you’re in a team and you’re not playing, and there is a team that comes in for me, then I wil definitely be on my way out because I’m a footballer and I love playing.
    “If I don’t have a chance to play here, there wil be a lot of chance to play somewhere else. If they [City] force you out then you always have to follow your destiny.”

January 2011 Joins Real Madrid on loan
    My dream has come true to be able to play football again at the highest level, especially with Real Madrid,”.
    “2010 started very badly for me, but 2011 started very well by signing a contract with Real Madrid.
    “I’m very honoured and very, very happy to join this club."

Signs for Sp*rs on loan (August 2011)
    When asked whether he wished to return to City after his deal with Tottenham expired, the Togolese made his feelings clear.
    “I wish them the best of luck, but do I wish to be part of that team right now? No,” he told BBC Sport.
    “Whenever I woke up last year to go into training it was a headache.”
    “You want to be in a house where you feel comfortable. Even if the house is a palace, you want to be loved and you want to be happy.”
    When the discussion turned to Redknapp, the former Arsenal striker was full of praise for the 64-year-old, claiming that he has the belief of the players at White Hart Lane.
    “Harry Redknapp is a fantastic manager,” Adebayor said.
    “He knows how to talk to players. You need that belief from your own manager. He tells you just to go out there and do your thing. That is what Harry has got more than anyone else.”

On Spurs fans (September 2011)
    I know the fans all love me because that's what they're looking for, a player who can score goals.
    "I'm very happy that everything is going well for me at this club.

...and on Arsenal fans (October 2011)
    I think so many Arsenal fans would love to have me back. Forget about what they are saying. When people have the time to prepare a song about somebody that means they have a love for the person, somehow. Otherwise they would be concentrating on the game rather than Adebayor.

What next...?
    Putting the laughter back into manslaughter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What next...?
    A song about the whore, surely? Just to ensure he never comes back.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You forgot the cunt getting shot at
    "I really like Arsenal. Do you really like Arsenal, or only Arsenal with trophies?" - Dennis Bergkamp.
    "Which Arsenal do they want back, the one Arsene created?" - Tony Adams.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie the Gooner View Post
    You forgot the cunt getting shot at
    Doesn't count. They missed.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ...and on Arsenal fans (October 2011)
    I think so many Arsenal fans would love to have me back. Forget about what they are saying. When people have the time to prepare a song about somebody that means they have a love for the person, somehow. Otherwise they would be concentrating on the game rather than Adebayor.
    Yep because When Arsenal fans are saying, "Your dad washes elephants and your Mum is a Whore" it means they want you back.
    "I really like Arsenal. Do you really like Arsenal, or only Arsenal with trophies?" - Dennis Bergkamp.
    "Which Arsenal do they want back, the one Arsene created?" - Tony Adams.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Niall_Quinn View Post
    Doesn't count. They missed.

I can't wait for it all to go sour at Sp*rs. Which it will...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie the Gooner View Post
    Yep because When Arsenal fans are saying, "Your dad washes elephants and your Mum is a Whore" it means they want you back.
    Yeh - it might just mean they think you're a cunt.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    cant believe adesawhore thinks he would be welcome back here

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He is a regular on this forum and has everyone except Xhosa on ignore.
    If you don’t send this signature to ten people, you will become a Spurs fan.