Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: John Terry

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GB. View Post
    Steady on cowboy.

If he's gonna do faceplants and shore up a defence conceding five goals against us, I don't want anyone kicking him out of football any time soon.
    But the fans who were chanting (if true) Should be banned Uefa need to man up and ban them like they have done with other european teams.

Make the chavs play behind close doors if they have too.
    "I really like Arsenal. Do you really like Arsenal, or only Arsenal with trophies?" - Dennis Bergkamp.
    "Which Arsenal do they want back, the one Arsene created?" - Tony Adams.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A witch hunt followed by a brush and a carpet is not the way to go. Neither is telling people what they should think or say. I couldn't give a shit if Terry is a racist, can anyone here really say otherwise? I mean really, as in it affects your life in some way? I couldn't give a shit about racism in general. If people want to be racist then let them. Why is it favourable to suppress their beliefs and then pretend there is no racism? That seems ridiculous and counter-productive to me. In fact why not give Terry a platform for his racism? Let everyone see what racism really is. Make him feel comfortable about exposing his racism in public. Then people can react accordingly and based on their own beliefs and judgements rather than some third party drivel that compels them to approve or disapprove as part of a mindless collective. If the Chelsea captain is a racist and is happy to racially abuse players on the pitch then it is up to the audience to decide if they want to watch that or not. It is up to them to decide what is really important to them and what is social window dressing. Racism will be stamped out of football for real when individuals make a free choice not to participate in it. If these people stay at home and don't pay Chelsea to parade a racist around in front of them then Chelsea will lose money and the cost of retaining John Terry will become too high, so he will be asked to leave. Things will then take care of themselves naturally and with a degree of honesty rather than the contrived media led bullshit we have to suffer as a substitute for sincerity. But if the crowd want to sit there and say, okay he's a racist but I still want to come and watch him play, then isn't that better than everyone pretending the crowd does not think this - even though their actions betray their words? Then we can all say, oh yes Chelsea, that's the racist team isn't it? And the English national team can stop leading the charge for kicking racism out of football because it's hardly correct to do that if your captain is a racist. And perhaps the Chelsea visitor seats can be empty for every match, and teams can refuse to shake their hands, and they are booed and scorned at every away match. Except by those from other clubs (many as they are) who are also racist and might instead want to clap the obnoxious John Terry. Why couldn't honesty be used to sort this problem out, or at least gauge the scope of the problem?

Is it also racist to support our troops being sent abroad to steal oil and gas? Or is that an understandable and acceptable form of racism?

For me, and if I want to be honest, I'm glad this issue has happened because it has destabilised Chelsea and given us a better chance of finishing above them in the league. After that, I don't really like John Terry and he's done enough to warrant some pay back. In other words, this is not happening to an unworthy victim. Do I worry about Anton Ferdinand and how he feels about it all?

Who the fuck is Anton Ferdinand? Never heard of him.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Niall_Quinn View Post
    A witch hunt followed by a brush and a carpet is not the way to go. Neither is telling people what they should think or say. I couldn't give a shit if Terry is a racist, can anyone here really say otherwise? I mean really, as in it affects your life in some way? I couldn't give a shit about racism in general. If people want to be racist then let them. Why is it favourable to suppress their beliefs and then pretend there is no racism? That seems ridiculous and counter-productive to me. In fact why not give Terry a platform for his racism? Let everyone see what racism really is. Make him feel comfortable about exposing his racism in public. Then people can react accordingly and based on their own beliefs and judgements rather than some third party drivel that compels them to approve or disapprove as part of a mindless collective. If the Chelsea captain is a racist and is happy to racially abuse players on the pitch then it is up to the audience to decide if they want to watch that or not. It is up to them to decide what is really important to them and what is social window dressing. Racism will be stamped out of football for real when individuals make a free choice not to participate in it. If these people stay at home and don't pay Chelsea to parade a racist around in front of them then Chelsea will lose money and the cost of retaining John Terry will become too high, so he will be asked to leave. Things will then take care of themselves naturally and with a degree of honesty rather than the contrived media led bullshit we have to suffer as a substitute for sincerity. But if the crowd want to sit there and say, okay he's a racist but I still want to come and watch him play, then isn't that better than everyone pretending the crowd does not think this - even though their actions betray their words? Then we can all say, oh yes Chelsea, that's the racist team isn't it? And the English national team can stop leading the charge for kicking racism out of football because it's hardly correct to do that if your captain is a racist. And perhaps the Chelsea visitor seats can be empty for every match, and teams can refuse to shake their hands, and they are booed and scorned at every away match. Except by those from other clubs (many as they are) who are also racist and might instead want to clap the obnoxious John Terry. Why couldn't honesty be used to sort this problem out, or at least gauge the scope of the problem?

Is it also racist to support our troops being sent abroad to steal oil and gas? Or is that an understandable and acceptable form of racism?

For me, and if I want to be honest, I'm glad this issue has happened because it has destabilised Chelsea and given us a better chance of finishing above them in the league. After that, I don't really like John Terry and he's done enough to warrant some pay back. In other words, this is not happening to an unworthy victim. Do I worry about Anton Ferdinand and how he feels about it all?

Ok...
    "I really like Arsenal. Do you really like Arsenal, or only Arsenal with trophies?" - Dennis Bergkamp.
    "Which Arsenal do they want back, the one Arsene created?" - Tony Adams.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Niall_Quinn View Post

Lets assume 3 simple things:

- Racism is wrong
    - Too many people are stupid
    - To co-ordinate a punishment like the one you described... (i.e. "Let Terry tell everyone he's racist (he's not btw...he's just an idiot) and the 'good' people will be disgusted and not want to pay his wages and watch a team skippered by Adolf 2")...is impossible. It's the same reason why protests are pointless. Go big or go home...either blow shit up or STFU...at the margin, a single person tearing his season ticket up is doing absolutely nothing to change things.

Then 'honesty' is not a better option than doing the right thing...which is that Terry should not really be allowed to get away with a racial slur. Whether there was any intent behind it (there wasn't btw...he's just an idiot) is not too important - for the same reason that killing someone while drunk is just as bad as killing someone while sober.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    he's not btw...he's just an idiot
    Probably true. But the dishonest way we go about things means we get a dishonest outcome. Terry is now a racist, whether he is or not. Game over, the mindless have been spoken to. I don't think too many people are stupid, I think too many people are lazy. So lazy they even let others do their thinking for them. This is more harmful than racism, in the long run. Lazy people can be used to endorse and excuse almost any atrocity.

either blow shit up or STFU
    Well I agree with that (probably out of frustration), but hardly anyone else does. They are far more rational about their impotence, grateful even.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    John Terry has already been given that platform. He is in the public eye, and get's paid handsomly for it.

If Football wants to kick racisim out of football, then Chelsea should kick John Terry in the cunt, and tell him to piss off out of the club, and FIFA shold ban him from everplaying football again.

But kicking racisim out of football, sadly, is only something Cyril Regis does in his spare time, and as long as fans see the brand, and clubs and associations see that people see the brand, it's all good.

John Terry can fuck the fuck off, the braindead spawn of a robbing, drug pushing family. Cunt.
    It's better to burn out, than to fade away.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's John Terry.

Guilty until proven innocent imo.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't like John Terry, and I never have.

There, I said it.
    If you don’t send this signature to ten people, you will become a Spurs fan.

Administrator McNamara That Ghost...'s Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Marc Overmars View Post
    It's John Terry.

Guilty until proven innocent imo.
    Guilty even when innocent.