Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Welcome back Arsenal

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ItsMe View Post
    Thing is though if you finish second you're more likely to meet one of those teams earlier, at least if you delay the meeting with them there's the off chance they could get knocked out by some other team.
    Or more likely we'll get knocked out. Better to have a big night. We aren't winning this anyway so why not bring on Barca again?
    Für eure Sicherheit

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just got back. Awful match. Awful performance.

Player ratings

Sirchesney - 6 Had nothing to do. Was a bit of an idiot with a couple of needless dragbacks but got away with it in the first half

Jenkinson - 4 Jebus fucking christ this guy is shite. Not good enough for Charlton but in the first team for us? Is that how low we've fallen?

Vermaelen - 9 MOTM. Stay fit you cunt. Did nothing wrong defensively and would have got a 10 had he scored.

Mertesacker - 8 Almost as good as Vermaelen and you could see the benefit of playing him alongside a decent CB. Long may this partnership continue. Arguably played in 2 positions this game as he was often covering the right back territory with Jenko being worse than useless.

Santos - 7 Needs to lose weight. No major concern defensively. Looks pretty good attacking wise

Song - 7 Did his job as a DM fine. What wasnt so good was him losing posession lots of times when playing a forward pass but then someone had to which brings us on to

Arteta - 5 Pointless player. Heard it said hes a glorified Denilson. Denilson is actually better than him.

Ramsey - 6 Missed a sitter. Took forever to shoot for another chance and did nothing else.

Gervinho - 5 Biggest cheer of the day when he was hauled off. Basically Diaby with a big forehead.

Park - 4 Come back Chamah. All is forgiven. Nowhere near good enough and not as good as Chamakh or RVP. At least we sold some shirts in Asia which is why he got a 4 and not less

Walcott - 6 Much like Per, had to cover at right back most of the time. Was in plenty of space in the opposition half but the midfield 3 couldnt managae a pass between them. When he did get the ball, he was too deep cos he was doing a very good defensive shift.

Subs

RVP - 6 Too arrogant when clean through. Just blast it you twat. However did more in that half hour than Park has done in his career

Rosicky - 6 Better than Ramsey and Arteta

Arshavin - 6 Surely a starter now ahead of Gervinho?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Arsene Wenger admitted his gamble of resting Robin van Persie did not pay off after Arsenal drew 0-0 with Marseille at Emirates Stadium in the UEFA Champions League.

Victory over the French club would have ensured the Gunners' progress from Group F into the last 16 of Europe with two games still to spare.

It was therefore a surprise Wenger decided to rest Van Persie, with the Arsenal captain's hat-trick at Chelsea on Saturday having taken his scoring total for 2011 to 28 goals in 27 Premier League games.

But Wenger, who had an eye on the coming home game with West Brom, told Sky Sports when asked about the decision to only introduce his skipper as a 62nd minute substitute: "It was a bit on the edge."It was a gamble that you can say tonight didn't come off.

Strong position
    "But, overall, he was very tired after the game on Saturday. He has played many games and I took the gamble to rest him first and make him come on."

Van Persie had an opportunity to win the game for Arsenal in the second half, but his attempted chip was comfortable for Marseille goalkeeper Steve Mandanda.

"I felt he had the chance. If he scores, it is perfect play. But overall we didn't create enough," Wenger admitted.

But the Arsenal manager was not completely disappointed, having defeated Marseille in France on Matchday Three to leave his club with a superior head-to-head record over Didier Deschamps' team.

Wenger said: "Overall, I must say, we took four points from Marseille in the two games. So now we want to win the Dortmund game at home and then we are in a strong position.

"But, of course, it is good that we didn't concede tonight because it was difficult to score in the second half."
    http://www1.skysports.com/football/n...-gamble-failed
    "I really like Arsenal. Do you really like Arsenal, or only Arsenal with trophies?" - Dennis Bergkamp.
    "Which Arsenal do they want back, the one Arsene created?" - Tony Adams.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Also why was RVP rested?

Oozing with confidence. Just scored a hat trick and Wenger rests him?

He just had a week off.

He can rest when hes injured for 4 months later in the season.

Wenger

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    on Robin van Persie...
    He had a great chance when he came on, you know? He tried to chip the keeper but overall you cannot say that one player always has to make the difference.

on the 0-0 draw...
    I felt it was a game where we were not physically at our sharpest. Marseille started stronger than us and after that we got back in the game. In the first half I feel we had opportunities to kill the game. After that we were disciplined, we were willing, but you have to give credit to Marseille - they defended very well. They stopped us from playing and we were not sharp enough to get them out of position. The positives are that we did not concede a goal, Marseille only had one shot on target and overall we know that in the final third we can do better.

on his back four...
    I was happy with them. It's not all perfect but we have rebuilt a back four. Overall Vermaelen had a good game, Mertesacker had a solid performance tonight, Santos as well. Jenkinson has just come back and he lacks experience in certain situations but overall he did well.

on Andre Santos' attacking nature...
    I am happy when he has the ball. I feel personally he is much better defensively than many people think. He is getting stronger in every game. He is a very intelligent boy who learns very quickly and obviously he has to adapt to the pace of the English game. That is not easy, to play game after game.

on what Saturday's game took out of his team...
    Emotionally more than physically maybe. It is difficult to be on a high three days later again but we still had opportunities, especially Ramsey in the first half, he had two great chances. Gervinho had a chance, and in a game like that you still expect to take one of these chances.

on Ju Young Park…
    He did very well last week. Tonight you could see that he lacked the pace of the game a little bit because he has not played enough games.

on not securing qualification…
    Well we wanted to achieve that tonight but you have to say as well to be fair that we have taken four points against Marseille in our two games. Four points overall is not too bad.

on hopes of finishing top of group…
    I just looked at the numbers of Olympiacos, who did extremely well tonight. They dominated possession and they played very well. Everybody thought that Olympiacos would be the easy game but you could see that even in Dortmund tonight they lost just 1-0. They were strong in the game from what I've heard. If we win our next home game we have a good chance.

on any injuries from the game…
    Everyone looks alright.
    Good to see he agrees with me

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ach View Post
    Good to see he agrees with me
    Not really its Common sense even Wenger has too see it lol
    "I really like Arsenal. Do you really like Arsenal, or only Arsenal with trophies?" - Dennis Bergkamp.
    "Which Arsenal do they want back, the one Arsene created?" - Tony Adams.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Niall_Quinn View Post
    Or more likely we'll get knocked out. Better to have a big night. We aren't winning this anyway so why not bring on Barca again?
    I'd rather not play the bigger sides, reckon they'll annhiliate us this year.

Would prefer to see a game against a team we're more evenly matched with that might be a bit more interesting.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Didnt watch a game that I thought I'd wake to see we had won, by the sounds of it I wont bother watching the 3 day delayed airing we are shown over here!

Looks like Wenger had shown similar complacency in 'resting' RvP, surely the right thing would have been to bag the group then rest players for the next games.

But what it does show is to Wenger is that there isnt much else in attack other than Robin, Ju had his first game aside from the CC and I wont come down on him for that but he knows the big stage and he will be expected to produce, lets wait and see, have a feeling we will see more of him over the run of so called 'soft' games we are about to embark on.

We do however need a true talent on par with RvP to make us a serious threat and to relieve the pressure on RvP. Tevez is not cup tied right, I mean the hissy fit he threw avoided that, right?
    This is becoming a no brainer - loan the guy in January IMO better still buy him and see if he will take a wage cut cos 250k is unheard of at our club!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ach View Post
    Just got back. Awful match. Awful performance.

RVP - 6 Too arrogant when clean through. Just blast it you twat. However did more in that half hour than Park has done in his career
    Am I the only one to have missed his Henry-like finish?

What happened?

Was it disallowed?
    If you don’t send this signature to ten people, you will become a Spurs fan.