User Tag List

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Match Reaction v Norwich

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good three points, but apart from RVP we lack a clinical edge.

Great to see Sky's forthright condemnation of Holt's dive. *rolls eyes

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Terry Tuffnutz View Post
    apart from the stupid mistake for their goal, we were never in danger. another mature performance to consolidate our improvement
    At 2-1 it's never safe though. We had plenty of chances and possession, we just needed to kill them off.
    We were never seriously under threat but there was that free kick Chesney saved well and the other one at the end I was fearfull would cost us.
    Job done but we should have killed it.

Administrator McNamara That Ghost...'s Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Great stuff. I've obviously been been scarred in to thinking a 2-2 was inevitable.

RVP.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters (TPFKA WWTL@WHL) View Post
    He definitely has ability but needs to get more confident and learn when to shoot. He's got skill.
    I quite like him but admit he's not quite had the impact I hoped he would. I think he could get there though.
    Il admit, maybe i have been a bit too harsh on him. More so than i would have been in previous years but after the shocker of a summer we had which followed the end of a piss poor end of last season, Gervinho was our big summer signing and he needed to hit the ground running asap to lift the fans if anything. Instead he gets sent off on his debut and hes been average at best since.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Gervinho is just a bit mental. He's hard to defend against but his composure is not all that.

At least he's threatening though.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Niall_Quinn View Post
    When you consider what happened to Eduardo, can we now expect to see the filthy cheat Holt hounded out of the game? Even a mention from the commentators would have been nice, beyond the usual cooking analogies.
    I was almost surprised a pen wasn't given. Fair play to the ref.

Anyway, we made it hard but good win. RvP, TV and Kos very good, the rest okay.
    Actually, I think Van Persie will be disappointed not to have got the hat-trick. Missed some simple chances in the first half which made our life more difficult. TV, Kos - and I think, in particular - Santos were brilliant. Midfield was ok but all 3 stepped up well in the second half.

Disappointed with Gervinho for letting his head drop and going on to fuck up many times after the first fuck up. He needs to be stronger than that.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ach View Post
    You forgot Theo

Excellent game from him
    Made the usual basic mistakes and was very wasteful, couldn't exploit the huge space allowed to him to any effect apart from getting one decent cross in. Hit a post, otherwise lame in around the goal. So no, far from excellent. Just okay. A mixed bag.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ach View Post
    What did Holt do?

Theo looked great today. Gervinho showing everyone why i dont rate him.

Vermaelen is a beast at the back as well
    Gervinho showing how your rating of players is not rated. . .

I admit he missed chances that should have sealed the game for us but the guy gives us the kind of pace and direct running we have not had for ages. . .and it seems that some of that is starting to rub off on Theo.
    Another thing Gerv is making up for his misses with assists. . .so please dont start on another one of your baseless witch hunts

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by server too busy! View Post
    I dont understand the problem with Gervinho, quality player. Gets himself in space, final ball normally excellent too, he's just a bit unsure when it comes to scoring butthat will come. Every time he takes his man on he beats them, brings so much to this team apart from goals.
    He has been a very good player. No doubt it wasn't his day at all today though.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Niall_Quinn View Post
    Made the usual basic mistakes and was very wasteful, couldn't exploit the huge space allowed to him to any effect apart from getting one decent cross in. Hit a post, otherwise lame in around the goal. So no, far from excellent. Just okay. A mixed bag.
    Winterburn was right by the looks of it

Anyway more importantly, ive found out who the pundit is.

Paul Mcveigh........Who?