User Tag List

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: 38 in 41...RvP's 2011 so far

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ice Berg Kamping View Post
    I was going to say something similar - so well put mate as usual.

RVP has been awesome, but I am getting a bit sick of the stuck record amongst punters and press that has changed from glorying in our misfortune and demise to suggesting that we're doomed because we are a one man team. RVP is our lone striker and our captain. Although he he is doing his job marvellously well - he is being given the opportunity to do so principally by having two wingers who are on his wavelength. Hardly a surprise that he is getting so many goals really. I'd agree that we look lacking if RVP is rotated/gets injured - but we have now achieved a decent balance to the side and there is nothing to suggest that without the main man to pass to - others such as Rambo and Walcott, or even Arshavin cannot step into the gap.

For me, what RVP's goals show is how well we are functioning and creting chances going forward - ie we are making our set-up work. Which is what teams are supposed to do, is it not?
    isnt it similar to henry? he could create chances out of nothing of course but a lot his goals where because of freddie, pires, dennis etc. he got the credit but without them he wouldnt of scored

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ollie the optimist View Post
    isnt it similar to henry? he could create chances out of nothing of course but a lot his goals where because of freddie, pires, dennis etc. he got the credit but without them he wouldnt of scored
    Not quite. Henry was still several levels above RvP, especially in terms of creating chances for himself. We are definitely less of a 1-man team with RvP than we were with Henry.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Young Guns 11 View Post
    Not quite. Henry was still several levels above RvP, especially in terms of creating chances for himself. We are definitely less of a 1-man team with RvP than we were with Henry.
    This...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Which is a good thing and belies the pundits' favourite topic when it comes to us. Like I say, we (and RVP) are benefitting from a much better balanced team with a far better mentality than the past few seasons.
    Putting the laughter back into manslaughter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

RVP has been awesome, but I am getting a bit sick of the stuck record amongst punters and press that has changed from glorying in our misfortune and demise to suggesting that we're doomed because we are a one man team. RVP is our lone striker and our captain. Although he he is doing his job marvellously well - he is being given the opportunity to do so principally by having two wingers who are on his wavelength. Hardly a surprise that he is getting so many goals really. I'd agree that we look lacking if RVP is rotated/gets injured - but we have now achieved a decent balance to the side and there is nothing to suggest that without the main man to pass to - others such as Rambo and Walcott, or even Arshavin cannot step into the gap.

For me, what RVP's goals show is how well we are functioning and creting chances going forward - ie we are making our set-up work. Which is what teams are supposed to do, is it not?
    Do you think Chamakh would be scoring these goals if he came in?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    better balanced yes and without the token prima donna that we suffered in past years......RvP is the go to man but he doesnt demand the ball or expect it to go through him every time.....

we have the potential for goals from other quarters......God knows Gerv has shown he knows the way to the goal.....and I believe we will soon see more of the others chipping in

as much as the 8:2 defeat at Old Trafford was needed, dare I say getting shod of Cesc and Nas was too.......

we still have a long way to go and I still think Wenger needs to play January transfer window well......but for me the signs are positive and to a certain extent we are still holding the moral high ground by doing it in a less open cheque book style, that some of the others are......still need a cup would be nice though to show our way works.....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Marc Overmars View Post
    He's the complete striker. Capable of scoring all types of goals, can link play and assist, give sweet head, lead the line on his own, hung like a horse etc.

Great player, all he had to do was stay fit. Even when he was only appearing for 3 months a season, he was still more productive than anyone else, which is why it was always worth keeping him for his fleeting contributions.

What a man.
    this.
    ummm. wait..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It visibly pains them to give the team credit because it has ruined their predictions of us crumbling.

When we were scoring goals from all around the pitch like in the last few seasons, some thought it was a problem because we had no one player who was especially prolific.

Now it's a problem that a disgustingly in-form striker is reaping the benefits of great team work.

I'm not saying Ju or Chamakh will start banging them in for fun if RVP gets injured, but if the team continues to work well together then the chances will come and others can make up for it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You'd certainly hope he'd score the 2 that RvP scored yesterday, and same with his first against Norwich. Those goals are bread and butter, but the 2nd goal against Norwich is what sets him apart from Chamakh and the reggae reggae version of Rocky Dennis, especially his miss last night. Van would have buried that, no doubt.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If I had to put money on it then I'd say no, Chamakh could not get 38 goals by the time he's 41.
    Für eure Sicherheit