User Tag List

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: 38 in 41...RvP's 2011 so far

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Power_n_Glory View Post
    I very much doubt that because Wenger's philosophy on football hasn't changed. The longer the team play together, the better the understanding and movement gets. That's what happened with the Invincible team. It just evolved into Total Telepathy. The Cesc era had those moments as well. Wenger still believes in the beautiful game and in time this team will develop their own rhythm but hopefully, we're more solid. This is a brand new team and we're just getting starter. His job is to make sure we're hard to beat.
    i dont think his philosophy has changed entirely but the failure of his project obviously affected his approach and whilst we'll still see some great football, i think it will be grounded far more in reality than the past 5/6 years.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Terry Tuffnutz View Post
    i dont think his philosophy has changed entirely but the failure of his project obviously affected his approach and whilst we'll still see some great football, i think it will be grounded far more in reality than the past 5/6 years.
    Funny enough, the failure hasn't changed his philosophy. Check his recent interview. He's just building another team and we're seeing the early ground work. Not sure but what you mean by 'grounded in reality'.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Power_n_Glory View Post
    Funny enough, the failure hasn't changed his philosophy. Check his recent interview. He's just building another team and we're seeing the early ground work. Not sure but what you mean by 'grounded in reality'.
    Think he was talking about pragmatism....over idealism.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Terry Tuffnutz View Post
    I think so - he is now aware that you can't turn youngsters into tough reliable players without a few experienced players around them. Perhaps he hoped that the young players would do that themselves but that part did not work out. The remaining philosophy was pretty much OK. It is similar to what made Ferguson successful - experienced backbone as a frame for bringing in the academy/younger players, with the odd special buy.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Master Splinter View Post
    nice to read these positive things coming out of the club.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    RVP.

Bouchra.