User Tag List

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Match Reaction - Arsenal v Money Shitty

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GB. View Post
    A good performance - proud of how they played tonight.

Wenger clearly has them working for him.

We were very good tonight, we worked hard and some of those young players look like excellent prospects.

City changed a lot of players but when 'changing a lot' means playing people like Dzeko and Nasri there's only one likely winner. We played well and we held our own. We created more than them, they only created one clear chance which they took well.

Overall I can't be too disappointed, throw half a billion at any club and you'll get results. It's meaningless. Nothing they do this season means anything, it's not an achievement or showing ambition to throw money around till you win things.

I'd rather not win anything and not sell our soul to some bazillionaire. Would be nice to win things too of course but the day we go down the Chelsea or City route is the day I stop paying any attention to Arsenal.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    End of the road for Park?

We already know he has no future here so no point sticking with him. Has shown f all.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Syn View Post
    Very pleased with the effort. Excellent defensive performance. I think he’s done it consistently enough to say that Koscielny has really turned into a solid, quality CB. Frimpong in the middle put in a typically powerful but surprisingly mature performance - nothing silly. Coquelin too impressed a lot. Going forward, Oxlade is on another level and I’m confident he’d be an improvement on Walcott and Gervinho...but I didn’t see him helping Djourou out anywhere near as much as Gervinho or Walcott would have. I don’t think he’s lazy but atm he doesn’t have the engine for it - and I think that’s the danger with disrupting our new-found work ethic and balance.

I think Benayoun (and later Gervinho) will be disappointed. Gervinho’s confidence is completely shot atm and I really hope he doesn’t turn out to be this season’s Chamakh - a player who started off very well and was very effective initially but didn’t recover from a bad patch of form. Him and Walcott have had a complete turnaround.

The biggest plus from today is knowing that maybe Coquelin and Frimpong would be very good cover for Song incase he picks up an injury. They were up against better players today but definitely got the better of them.

I reckon we were very unlucky to lose that. Oxlade’s awful corner was one of the very few things he did wrong but ended up costing us. Massive shame - looking forward to seeing Coquelin, Frimpong and Oxlade play in Europe next week...that will be another big test for them.
    Ramsey or Arteta should be getting the chop for Coquelin IMO. He's more complete in what he can off.

Both of them worker their socks off against that midfield.

Administrator McNamara That Ghost...'s Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Fuck.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It was always going to be difficult getting a result with the team we had out. Nevertheless it was a decent performance from most players, although Chamakh was shit again.

Frimpong offers a lot in midfield, but he must calm down. Looking to start a confrontation with Nasri at the end was unnecessary. He's a good player so doesn't need to get involved in that rubbish.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters (TPFKA WWTL@WHL) View Post

We were very good tonight, we worked hard and some of those young players look like excellent prospects.

City changed a lot of players but when 'changing a lot' means playing people like Dzeko and Nasri there's only one likely winner. We played well and we held our own. We created more than them, they only created one clear chance which they took well.

Overall I can't be too disappointed, throw half a billion at any club and you'll get results. It's meaningless. Nothing they do this season means anything, it's not an achievement or showing ambition to throw money around till you win things.

I'd rather not win anything and not sell our soul to some bazillionaire. Would be nice to win things too of course but the day we go down the Chelsea or City route is the day I stop paying any attention to Arsenal.
    Yep, agreed. My interest in football is waning these days anyway. I'd take no pleasure in buying trophies.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FakeYank View Post
    Gervinho adds pace to our game and I quite like him. Just needs to add finishing to his game and I am confident he will be right up there.
    I like him too. He looks dangerous and adds something. Needs to get some shooting boots though, his finishing is awful and sometimes he actively opts not to shoot when in positions where a real out and out striker would. But he has ability and I think he's a decent signing.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Power_n_Glory View Post
    Ramsey or Arteta should be getting the chop for Coquelin IMO. He's more complete in what he can off.

Both of them worker their socks off against that midfield.
    I'd chop Arteta, not Ramsey... I like Rambo's direct style!

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    apparently nasri threw a punch at frimpong in the tunnel then ran to the away dressing room.

what a cunt.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by She Wore A Yellow Ribbon View Post
    apparently nasri threw a punch at frimpong in the tunnel then ran to the away dressing room.

what a cunt.
    Not deeeeeeeeench!