PDA

View Full Version : What will you be watching on TV tonight?

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18

Syn
27-08-2015, 12:16 PM
True Detective seems to have been hammered everywhere.

Is it that shit? Or just bad compared to the first series? Vince Vaughan being in it instantly set off the warning signal though. Colin Farrell veers from utter shit to occasionally inspired. McAdams is the only safe bet. The Sagna of the team. Always at least 7/10 even if the supporting cast/film is crap. Unless Victor Moses/Eric Bana is ruining him/her.

Not seen Hannibal but it looks really good and Mads Mikkelsen is awlsome.

True detective bad compared to the first season. Watchable but I expected more. Vince Vaughan is awful when he tries to play a serious human being.

You should watch Hannibal. Very unique, and visually spectacular. It's all about mind games, on another level from Mourinho's genius. season 1 (and especially 2) is excellent. Only 4 episodes into 3 but waiting for the plot to develop - so far it's still dwelling over the end of season 2.

GP: Hugh Dancy is indeed a bumboy.

GP
27-08-2015, 01:08 PM

Hugh Dancy? Is that really his name??

Christ...

Syn
27-08-2015, 01:09 PM
Hugh Dancy? Is that really his name??

Christ...

He's married to Claire Danes (Carrie from Homeland). Carrie cry face and Will's confused face would break many a mirror.

Power n Glory
27-08-2015, 01:27 PM
True detective bad compared to the first season. Watchable but I expected more. Vince Vaughan is awful when he tries to play a serious human being.

You should watch Hannibal. Very unique, and visually spectacular. It's all about mind games, on another level from Mourinho's genius. season 1 (and especially 2) is excellent. Only 4 episodes into 3 but waiting for the plot to develop - so far it's still dwelling over the end of season 2.

With the lead actors, I didn't. I'll get around to watching at some point but not high on the agenda.

GP
27-08-2015, 01:41 PM
He's married to Claire Danes (Carrie from Homeland). Carrie cry face and Will's confused face would break many a mirror.

Their children should be taken into care.

Master Splinter
27-08-2015, 06:03 PM
Hugh Dancy and Claire Danes: professional programme-ruiners.

Homeland should have just been about Saul taking down Garry Monk.

Letters
13-09-2015, 07:29 PM
Hunted

:popcorn:

Kano
21-09-2015, 08:50 PM
Show Me A Hero, David Simon does it again. The best writer on TV today.

rodders
21-09-2015, 09:01 PM
Speedway

Niall_Quinn
21-09-2015, 09:35 PM
Show Me A Hero, David Simon does it again. The best writer on TV today.

If he can write at all then he's a standout.

Kano
21-09-2015, 09:47 PM
None of this over dramatic, heavily plot-driven staged bullshit. The Wire was excellent and Treme was unlike anything else on TV, flying in the face of the usual twists and shock tactics. All character, almost no plot at all. Show Me A Hero sounds very uninteresting from the outside but it's similarly understated and paced brilliantly. He writes shows that will stand the test of time. The fact that his last three efforts have all been ignored by the mainstream at the time of their airing is enough for people who enjoy proper drama to check them out.

Niall_Quinn
21-09-2015, 10:29 PM
Exactly. Ignored by the mainstream, the ultimate seal of approval. I'll check these out. Always heard good things about The Wire but never got around to it.

It's not just writing though, there's an element of status surfing too. Moffat is sky high on Sherlock right now, deservedly so. Well, if you exclude season 3. Watched Doctor Who on Saturday, more in hope than expectation. Fuck me. Makes me wonder why I don't have a career as a TV writer. Oh yes, that's it, because I didn't collaborate on Sherlock. Dr Who is almost like a freebie in that respect. Shame, because the concept is as good as it has ever been and for 3 years now it has been calling out for a writer that gives a fuck.

Meanwhile, instead of doing work, I'm in the middle of "Line of Duty" on Netflix. It got the full 5 stars and it's okay, but if it was really great I wouldn't have paused it to check GW. Would I? I often find myself scanning Netflix and Amazon trying to find that hidden gem that didn't get the mainstream stamp of approval. We need a new rating system, mainstream stars for the crash bang generation and "yeah, it really does have a plot" stars for the rest.

Kano
21-09-2015, 11:21 PM
Generation Kill is the only Simon show I haven't seen. There are so many let downs on TV, an endless stream of puffed up, waver thin ideas that may manage to cover up the shit writing and direction with over-the-top plot antics but once all the usual tricks are out the bag, the clock is running. Usually have way through the first series.

In the desperate rush to be king of the ratings, character is nearly always forsaken in favour of twists and endless shock tactics that after a couple of seasons leave themselves cornered, with no option but to become more convoluted and ludicrous before people eventually move on.

The Sopranos? All day. The Wire? Yes. Breaking Bad? Gave up after season two as I saw it heading in the same inflated direction. Could still be wrong about that one given the love people have for it. Game of Thrones? Go fuck yourself. Dexter, CSI? No and no. Sherlock I really should give a go. Even my 16-year-old adores it.

Although I find shows like Treme so much more absorbing - nearly no plot at all, just care and time spent on developing lives and people who nearly feel as real as we do. The problem is, a show like that comes round once in a blue moon. As brave as HBO were to air it, even they had to knock it on the head after three and a half seasons. I tried another one last month, Mr Robot. A hacker fighting the system etc etc blah blah. Total bullshit, turned it off before the end of the first episode. The scariest thing about that show is the re-packaging and selling of anti-establishment ideas as prime time entertainment. Basically, the revolution being televised. With ad breaks of course.

Xhaka Can’t
22-09-2015, 07:31 AM
Watched this before work this morning. :haha:

Fucking idiot.

Also please don't post book spoiilers - some people (me) don't care or want to know what was in the books.

Yeah!

We don't care much for fancy book learning round these parts.

Master Splinter
22-09-2015, 07:57 PM
I don't think I've mentioned it before, but you should watch True Detective season one, N_Q. In terms of writing and character, it is top, top quality.

Also, Peaky Blinders is great to just get lost in. You rarely see British stuff like this, but it's classier and richer than any American gangster film in a long time. It's only six episodes in both series too.

If we're talking just about how well something is written, Ripper Street is also very good. The use of language is wonderful at times and shows a care that you rarely see in what is still mainly a crime thriller. The series started off a bit conservatively and almost felt like CSI: Victorian London. But, it eventually found it's feet and improved on everything from the development of the characters to the balance between weekly procedural and overall arching plots and themes. You'll probably find it daft in places, but as far as great-looking and sounding, suitably atmospheric and violent entertainment goes, it's triffic.

Shaqiri Is Boss
22-09-2015, 08:02 PM
:gp: at the bottom two. Both very good. Though I find some of the language a bit stilted in Ripper Street at times, though I guess that's because to our ears it does sound odd.

Plus, they filmed some of Peaky Blinders (including Tom Hardy) near where I work. And he had a coffee somewhere I've had coffee. On nearly the same day. :cool:

Kano
22-09-2015, 08:06 PM
Saw some of Peaky Blinders last Christmas, wasn't too bad really. Nice thick atmosphere, well shot, written and directed. Plus Cillian Murphy is a largely under appreciated actor. Might go back to that at some point then.

Master Splinter
22-09-2015, 08:14 PM
:gp: at the bottom two. Both very good. Though I find some of the language a bit stilted in Ripper Street at times, though I guess that's because to our ears it does sound odd.

Plus, they filmed some of Peaky Blinders (including Tom Hardy) near where I work. And he had a coffee somewhere I've had coffee. On nearly the same day. :cool:

Matthew Macfadyen suits the language perfectly, but some of the other actors do seem to struggle with it, especially some of the pub-team scrotes who I'm not sure would have been able to speak that well.

I think it's filmed near where Game Of Thrones is, which is probably why Jerome Flynn is able to do both. Loads of other actors who've popped up in both as well.

Kano
27-09-2015, 03:56 PM
As usual the writing and performances found in Generation Kill maintain the high standard seen across David Simon's career. It is probably the best attempt at bringing life in the armed forces during wartime to the small or large screen, no judgements made, just telling us like it is and leaving us to decide. Another highly recommend show. Moving onto The Corner next.

adzzzbatch
02-10-2015, 11:21 PM
HIGNFY. Jeremy Clarkson is cunt. Richard Osman has gone up in my estimation.

Letters
03-10-2015, 08:29 AM
Jeremy Clarkson is cunt

Really? :o

Who knew?

Heisenberg
03-10-2015, 01:47 PM
Probably watch the rugby later even though I don't really follow it

Marc Overmars
06-10-2015, 08:59 AM
BBC have a decent documentary on Wazza. Shame he's a pub teamer now, he used to be quite good.

Kano
06-10-2015, 12:25 PM
Can't bring myself to watch that doc, watching as a multi-millionaire tries to normalise himself as 'one of us'.

Saw the first episode of Deadwood, not quite sure yet but will stick it through for a few more to how it goes.

Master Splinter
06-10-2015, 07:31 PM
Can't bring myself to watch that doc, watching as a multi-millionaire tries to normalise himself as 'one of us'.

Saw the first episode of Deadwood, not quite sure yet but will stick it through for a few more to how it goes.

It's very good. Although I haven't got round to seeing the final season yet. Ian McShane is brilliant. It's very much a celebration of character and character acting which should appeal to you.

Kano
06-10-2015, 09:18 PM
It's very good. Although I haven't got round to seeing the final season yet. Ian McShane is brilliant. It's very much a celebration of character and character acting which should appeal to you.

McShane instantly stood out. I think it is the setting I am having to adjust to but it has a great reputation so I'll stick with it and hopefully before I know it I'll be hooked.

Master Splinter
06-10-2015, 10:47 PM
What about the setting?

Or do you just prefer more contemporary stuff?

Kano
06-10-2015, 10:53 PM
Mostly but I do enjoy period work if done well. I think because of the incoming traffic into the place it all looked a bit messy - I understand why of course - and I didn't settle on anyone apart form McShane. I'm not a massive fan of Olyphant either, he usually comes across a little stilted in his delivery, although that may suit this character better in the long run. Anyway, the second episode has pulled me in a little more so I'm in for the long haul.

Marc Overmars
07-10-2015, 09:17 AM
Watched a BBC Three documentary on Britain First. Can't believe how many dumb fucks populate this country.

Niall_Quinn
07-10-2015, 09:38 AM
Watched a BBC Three documentary on Britain First. Can't believe how many dumb fucks populate this country.

If you don't like it then leaf mate, init!

Xhaka Can’t
07-10-2015, 10:22 AM
I think that as a society we are becoming more nasty in general. People have more of a platform these days where they can air their views and it inspires others who previously would have feared ridicule.

Sent from my SM-A300FU using Tapatalk

Niall_Quinn
07-10-2015, 10:45 AM
I think that as a society we are becoming more nasty in general. People have more of a platform these days where they can air their views and it inspires others who previously would have feared ridicule.

It's the constant diet of division and fear being served up by the state and its media harem. You make people afraid all the time and then hand them somebody to blame. Divide and rule, as old as the hills. Technology is replacing the social rumour and gossip mill. What people whispered about you over the fence is now online via anonymous accounts. I don't think there's anything very different except in one important respect, the human contact has been diminished or removed. That makes it easier and safer to be afraid and hate. Most people are becoming mentally ill as they relinquish their grip on reality, willingly in most cases. This might sound unreasonable but who do we hate the most these days? The poor and the dispossessed. Think about that. Takes a lot of brainwashing to achieve so congratulations to the establishment, nice one. When is Benefits Street on next? My favourite show. Apart from Fraudulent Expense Claims Street - which hasn't been made, or Arms Dealer Killing for Profit Street, or Bankster Looting Your Pension Street.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
07-10-2015, 11:40 AM

Yeah I watched that

I can understand why your run of the mill knuckle dragger joins Britain First

The other groups don't have teeth and tits like BF do with Jayda Franzen

May be a stupid spiteful bitch but got a great rack and arse.

Letters
07-10-2015, 09:20 PM
You, Me and The Apocalypse.

:lol: really good and funny little show.

Oh also "This Is England '90" was a good addition to the series.

Kano
09-10-2015, 06:50 PM
Spot on MS about Deadwood. Absolutely fallen into it all the way and mesmerised by McShane's performance - that's not a level we get to see often on screen. At least one laugh out loud moment from him per episode. Finished season one now and digging into the second pronto, which I've heard is even better. Olyphant doing his best Eastwood impersonation just about falls the right side as does 'Calamity' Jane's, which veers from outright irritating as she screeches at everyone, to genuine. The only thing I'm not looking forward to is the apparent abrupt end to season three as HBO cut things short. Rumours of a movie recently to tie things up but I'm not sure that will work too well.

Niall_Quinn
09-10-2015, 06:52 PM
Walking Dead starts again on 12th Oct. It's pretty shite now compared to the early series but I'll probably watch it out of habit anyway.

Kano
09-10-2015, 07:23 PM
Saw the first season and a bit of that, years back now. Where they were holed up with some in a stadium or something before breaking out. Like so many it just started getting ridiculous, quickly running out of fresh ideas.

Marc Overmars
09-10-2015, 07:43 PM
I still enjoy Walking Dead but I can't say I've been as gripped as I was during the first few seasons.

I'm more looking forward to Arrow and Flash which also start next week.

GP
09-10-2015, 08:07 PM
Walking dead is great. The previous season was very good, certainly better than season two. It's not fair or even correct to say they're running out of ideas, it's all sourced from the comic books, which are fantastic.

LDG
09-10-2015, 08:14 PM
Walking dead is great. The previous season was very good, certainly better than season two. It's not fair or even correct to say they're running out of ideas, it's all sourced from the comic books, which are fantastic.

What was the season with the prison? I got that far and was waiting for the next lot to hit amazon prime....

Always brilliant. That prison one was insane :lol:

McNamara That Ghost...
19-10-2015, 09:21 PM
Walking Dead, S6 E2 :blink:

GP
19-10-2015, 09:27 PM
Carol :bow:

McNamara That Ghost...
19-10-2015, 09:29 PM
She is great tbf.

Niall_Quinn
19-10-2015, 11:12 PM
Weird episode.

An incidental wipe out of the supporting nobody characters, the 3 minute development arc for smoking woman was the only attempt to get you to care. And the W's turned out to be fuck all really. Doesn't carry any of the intensity of the early series.

Letters
20-10-2015, 08:26 AM
I missed The Muppets :(
Hopefully can find it on Sky+

GP
20-10-2015, 08:53 AM
I missed The Muppets :(
Hopefully can find it on Sky+

Don't worry, they're on again tonight at 7.45 on BT Sport.

Letters
20-10-2015, 08:58 AM
:rimshot:

Kano
20-10-2015, 09:05 AM
Deadwood was pretty God damn amazing to be honest. Feel a bit short changed at the end of season three where it ends but it kinda makes sense the more it soaks in over time.

On a re-watch of The Wire. Chewed up the the first two in no time, onto season 3 today.

Letters
20-10-2015, 09:28 AM
Watching "Unforgotten" at the moment. It's a bit "Broadchurch" but I regard that as as good thing.
Enjoying it so far.

Marc Overmars
20-10-2015, 01:03 PM
Walking Dead, S6 E2 :blink:

:wacko:

I had a feeling this episode would be mental given how relatively sedate last week was.

Power n Glory
20-10-2015, 01:56 PM
As usual the writing and performances found in Generation Kill maintain the high standard seen across David Simon's career. It is probably the best attempt at bringing life in the armed forces during wartime to the small or large screen, no judgements made, just telling us like it is and leaving us to decide. Another highly recommend show. Moving onto The Corner next.

A really good mini series. I read The Corner. Good book. I've got the series on DVD and need to watch it.

Kano
20-10-2015, 02:43 PM
A really good mini series. I read The Corner. Good book. I've got the series on DVD and need to watch it.

I'll be going to that after this Wire rematch. Always heard good things about it, so need to get round to it.

GP
20-10-2015, 02:44 PM
Anyone seen American Horror Story?

It's garbage.

Letters
21-10-2015, 10:41 AM
Muppets :bow:

The new show is awlsome.
:dance:

Xhaka Can’t
21-10-2015, 03:07 PM
My son liked it. Found it really funny. But I just didn't care for it.

Letters
21-10-2015, 03:38 PM
Really? I thought it was more targeted at adults. There was some joke about Fozzie having an online dating profile in which he described himself as a 'bear' and was getting some unwanted attention which made me lol, that would have whistled over kids' heads.

GP
21-10-2015, 07:06 PM
But he IS a bear... :unsure:

GP
26-10-2015, 08:16 PM
What the actual fuck?? :angry:

JSAO
26-10-2015, 10:25 PM
Glen.....? Will probably become the nicest zombie

GP
26-10-2015, 10:26 PM
Spoilers

JSAO
26-10-2015, 10:31 PM
Can't hang around forever.....

Xhaka Can’t
26-10-2015, 10:33 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=epIT4-gF__M

McNamara That Ghost...
26-10-2015, 11:12 PM

:upset:

Niall_Quinn
26-10-2015, 11:32 PM
Michael Slovis' directing debut on the show. He's previously directed, go on guess... GoT.

Kano
27-10-2015, 10:38 PM
The Wire. Un-fucking-believable TV. Even better the second time round.

Maccy, get to it.

Marc Overmars
28-10-2015, 11:21 AM

Actually annoyed at this rather than shocked.

If he is dead, that is. Would be pretty ridiculous if he got out of that situation unscathed.

Niall_Quinn
28-10-2015, 11:44 AM

If he is dead, that is. Would be pretty ridiculous if he got out of that situation unscathed.

He dead. All that's left for him now is overdone flashback scenes.

GP
28-10-2015, 12:44 PM

In the comics his death is a really iconic moment. Really annoyed if this is how he's going out.

Letters
28-10-2015, 01:16 PM
QUOTE=Douglas Reynholm;483206]In the comics his death is a really iconic moment..[/QUOTE]
He got a death row pardon two minutes too late?

Master Splinter
28-10-2015, 05:13 PM
I don't have Sky but can get access to that NOW TV thing. How long do The Walking Dead episodes stay on catch-up?

And has anyone watched Fear The Walking Dead?

LDG
28-10-2015, 08:33 PM
Damn it! Still on season 4....

Niall_Quinn
28-10-2015, 11:49 PM
I don't have Sky but can get access to that NOW TV thing. How long do The Walking Dead episodes stay on catch-up?

All of it is on www.cartoonhd.mobi (in HD)

Use AdBlock Plus and Disconnect extensions and you don't get bugged with their ads - provided you are on a desktop/ laptop.

Niall_Quinn
29-10-2015, 12:24 AM
Just started on The Wire season #1

Looks like it is going to be stupidly addictive, precisely at a time when I have loads of work to do.

Does the lead character's accent improve as the show goes on? Very ropey in the early episodes.

GP
29-10-2015, 06:53 AM
McNulty? No, not at all.

I am invisible
29-10-2015, 09:04 AM
He's not dead - those intestines were way too high up to be his...

Marc Overmars
29-10-2015, 09:14 AM
QUOTE=I am invisible;483309]He's not dead - those intestines were way too high up to be his...[/QUOTE]

That's what I initially thought but getting out of that situation unscathed would be silly. Plus GP mentioned he dies in the comics so that probably confirms it.

GP
29-10-2015, 09:32 AM
The theory is Nicholas fell on top of him and it's him they're eating and Glenn will somehow escape.

There are apparently photo's of Glenn on set with a character that hasn't been introduced yet so who even knows.

Kano
29-10-2015, 01:49 PM
Just started on The Wire season #1

Looks like it is going to be stupidly addictive, precisely at a time when I have loads of work to do.

Does the lead character's accent improve as the show goes on? Very ropey in the early episodes.

He's British but that shouldn't be an excuse but no, it doesn't get any better.

You won't be able to stop once you get past 4 episodes. It goes pretty far and wide into Baltimore across the five seasons.

A complimentary mini-series to watch after is The Corner, which I've just started. Same writer and city, made before The Wire and looks exclusively at the addicts in Baltimore. Bleaker and without the humour of The Wire. A lot the same actors too, although in vastly different roles.

I am invisible
29-10-2015, 02:48 PM
That's what I initially thought but getting out of that situation unscathed would be silly. Plus GP mentioned he dies in the comics so that probably confirms it.

Bah! I've not read the comics, but from what I've been told it sounds like the TV show goes it's own way when it wants to. It uses a lot of the same locations, characters, rival groups, etc, but when you think about it there's no strict, on-going storyline there that is gonna drastically change if someone lives when they shouldn't, or someone else dies in their place? According to the comics, Carol should have been dead long ago, Rick should have lost a hand, Tyrese should have been beheaded instead of Herschel, there's the whole Governer-Michonne thing that the skipped, Daryl shouldn't even exist! I've even heard people say that Carl isn't an annoying little prick in the comics, so I wouldn't use them as a strict guide for what's going to happen...

I am invisible
29-10-2015, 02:50 PM
The theory is Nicholas fell on top of him and it's him they're eating and Glenn will somehow escape.

There are apparently photo's of Glenn on set with a character that hasn't been introduced yet so who even knows.

Doesn't he still have that flare gun?

Niall_Quinn
30-10-2015, 12:37 AM
He's British but that shouldn't be an excuse but no, it doesn't get any better.

You won't be able to stop once you get past 4 episodes. It goes pretty far and wide into Baltimore across the five seasons.

A complimentary mini-series to watch after is The Corner, which I've just started. Same writer and city, made before The Wire and looks exclusively at the addicts in Baltimore. Bleaker and without the humour of The Wire. A lot the same actors too, although in vastly different roles.

Starting to binge now. It's slow. Very, very slow. And they use that slow to build every single character. Somehow they are doing it without cliffhangers. Wish they'd picked a different lead though. It's weird. Everyone else is top notch, Idris Elba is spectacular, Andre Royo is ridiculously good, but they go with this guy as a lead? Is he related to the director or something? Very distracting to what is otherwise absorbing.

Kano
30-10-2015, 08:09 AM
Starting to binge now. It's slow. Very, very slow. And they use that slow to build every single character. Somehow they are doing it without cliffhangers. Wish they'd picked a different lead though. It's weird. Everyone else is top notch, Idris Elba is spectacular, Andre Royo is ridiculously good, but they go with this guy as a lead? Is he related to the director or something? Very distracting to what is otherwise absorbing.
That's the beauty of David Simon's shows, all character, none of that typical weekly series tripe that exhausts itself very quickly. It's still TV drama of course but he at least acknowledges that people are full of contradictions and there isn't necessarily one clear cut solution or moral code.

Is it the accent that's still bugging you, West's acting, the character or just everything? McNulty's a fuck-up but probably the poster boy for the blurred lines shown throughout the show. He gets the job done no matter what the collateral cost, which happens at every level of command in the street and in his own police department. Some found the second series a bit jarring as it shifts focus to the white working class at the docks but it just adds to the themes and subtext that surround the show, bringing out the full character of the city around these people.

Letters
30-10-2015, 09:30 AM

'Cos of everyone going on about it on here I downloaded the first series, it's on the Sky Box Sets thingy.
Watched the first one last night. Quite good. Not sure it grabbed me like Breaking Bad did right from the start but it was enjoyable enough. Will probably watch another one and see how I get on with it.

GP
30-10-2015, 09:31 AM
Shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit

Fear the Walking Dead wasn't very good. It might get better, who knows?

Marc Overmars
30-10-2015, 10:06 AM
Class of 92: Out of Their League.

Quite entertaining. :lol:

Niall_Quinn
31-10-2015, 05:19 AM
Stayed up until 5am finishing off The Wire Season 1.

It's worse than heroin. And it didn't have the mushy American must-have ending. I'd pay for that alone.

Kano
03-11-2015, 09:07 PM
Finished the six episodes of The Corner. Nice companion piece to The Wire, charting how a family (also based on real people) become dragged down by drug addiction in Baltimore. A lot of familiar faces who would go onto appear in The Wire and more serious in tone but similarly very well written characters that you become attached to.

Might start digging back into Homicide Life On The Streets next.

Niall_Quinn
03-11-2015, 09:16 PM
Season 2 of The Wire is (almost) being ruined by that cunt who screeches through the opening credits. Fuck. Desperate stuff. Fortunately it doesn't take too long to get over it once the action starts. Lots more gratuitous sex and nudity this season, all gravy.

Kano
03-11-2015, 09:30 PM
Tom Waits? He's an acquired taste.

Shaqiri Is Boss
03-11-2015, 10:12 PM
Class of 92: Out of Their League.

Quite entertaining. :lol:

Yeah, not bad.

Not exactly sure what Nicky Butt does though. As relevant as Terry Cooke.

Kano
08-11-2015, 09:04 PM
Thought I'd give Sherlock a go. Big mistake. Annoying score that constantly pops up, no atmosphere, Cumberbatch just adding to his annoying real life, smug persona. No reason to give a damn about either of the characters, ropey performances and writing. It doesn't treat the audience with any intelligence either, especially with that ridiculous Sherlock Vision tripe. Feels like the typical wafer thin BBC drama without any substance. Pretty boring and totally forgettable.

Letters
08-11-2015, 09:09 PM
Peep Show back on Wednesday :patrice:
Last series :(
We've had a good run though.

Niall_Quinn
08-11-2015, 10:19 PM
Thought I'd give Sherlock a go. Big mistake. Annoying score that constantly pops up, no atmosphere, Cumberbatch just adding to his annoying real life, smug persona. No reason to give a damn about either of the characters, ropey performances and writing. It doesn't treat the audience with any intelligence either, especially with that ridiculous Sherlock Vision tripe. Feels like the typical wafer thin BBC drama without any substance. Pretty boring and totally forgettable.

I think you'll find you are wrong. Watch it again.

Kano
08-11-2015, 10:32 PM
It had 90 minutes to convince me to keep watching but fucked it up Wenger style.

Absolutely no way I'm watching that shit again.

Niall_Quinn
08-11-2015, 10:50 PM
It had 90 minutes to convince me to keep watching but fucked it up Wenger style.

Harsh. Very harsh.

Letters
12-11-2015, 09:27 AM
Peep Show :bow:

I am invisible
12-11-2015, 04:33 PM

Just be grateful you didn't get as far as the Moriarty episodes! Shit almighty, they were bad...

I am invisible
12-11-2015, 04:43 PM
Sat through a season and a bit of American Horror story with the missus now - still haven't got the first clue what is going on?!

I am invisible
12-11-2015, 04:45 PM
Last Panthers tonight (Sky Atlantic) - something new to watch at last!

Kano
12-11-2015, 06:24 PM
Just be grateful you didn't get as far as the Moriarty episodes! Shit almighty, they were bad...

I never would have made it that far after seeing that first episode. I shouldn't be surprised that such mediocre shit has been praised to the hilt but even people with a brain recommended I give it a go. Just the same ole. I've retreated to the safety of a Sopranos rewatch, as I only joined it about 3/4 seasons in last time.

GP
13-11-2015, 09:35 PM
I'm really in to QVC these days.

Not sure why.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=neBBqkH8cbU&

adzzzbatch
13-11-2015, 11:54 PM

Not sure why.

Thank you.

I enjoyed that, not sure why though....

Marc Overmars
14-11-2015, 12:04 AM
Ronaldo is on Wossy tomorrow. :lol:

Letters
14-11-2015, 08:08 AM

Not sure why.

Is it the tits? For me, it's the tits.

GP
14-11-2015, 08:38 AM
Thank you.

I enjoyed that, not sure why though....

Everyone loves a bargain.

Niall_Quinn
14-11-2015, 09:38 PM
Just finished watching the Wire. So I need a strong recommendation for something new. Has to be brilliantly scripted, have bulletproof character development and grip for the duration of the episode, every episode. Already seen Breaking bad so it can't be that. What do you have for me? Sorry to rush you but this is quite urgent.

GP
14-11-2015, 10:02 PM
Eastenders.

Niall_Quinn
14-11-2015, 10:23 PM
Eastenders.

Tried it about 30 years ago. Couldn't get into it.

McNamara That Ghost...
23-11-2015, 06:03 PM
Colours. :bow:

Kano
12-12-2015, 05:16 PM
What the hell is Colours?

Half a dozen episode away from finishing my Sopranos re-run which has been even better than the first time round. The Wire still just edges it but Gandofini and Edie Falco as Mr and Mrs Soprano are one of the best TV duos I've ever seen.

Might give Luther a go next. It better be good after that Sherlock fiasco last month.

Niall_Quinn
12-12-2015, 05:32 PM
Luther is fairly mainstream, watchable but not unmissable.

Kano
12-12-2015, 05:35 PM
That's the feeling I have from seeing trailers and snippets. But I do like Idris so I'll give one or two a shot.

Munchies
12-12-2015, 09:43 PM
Conor v Jose Aldo

The Wengerbabies
17-12-2015, 05:58 PM
Anyone watched The Man in the High Castle?

I think the concept is great but the plot was just, meh.

7/10

Kano
18-12-2015, 08:04 AM
Nope, couldn't bring myself to down to Luther.

Started on the highly rated Slings and Arrows, which is a lot smaller in scale to the usual big time, life and death scenarios put into these shows.

Globalgunner
18-12-2015, 08:43 AM
Dont know if you guys get Ray Donovan. I like it, 3rd season now. Angelina Jolies Dad plays a real scumbag in it.

Xhaka Can’t
18-12-2015, 10:04 AM
Dont know if you guys get Ray Donovan. I like it, 3rd season now. Angelina Jolies Dad plays a real scumbag in it.

Yeah that is a good show even though I detest the Boston accent.

And man, he truly is one of the greatest scumbags in TV history.

Ernesto
20-12-2015, 07:58 PM

It really is a good, well-written show. Glossy and cool to boot.

Ray Donovan and Fargo appear to be the only real "must-watch" dramas every year. (And I include Game of Thrones in that estimation)

GP
28-12-2015, 03:57 PM
Homeland

Master Splinter
28-12-2015, 04:13 PM

This smiley should be :carriemathison: tbh.

adzzzbatch
30-12-2015, 09:51 PM
2015 Wipe :bow:

Charlie Brooker :bow:

Letters
31-12-2015, 09:09 AM
Oh bother, forgot about that. iPlayer ahoy!

Marc Overmars
21-01-2016, 02:30 PM
Anyone have Netflix? Worth getting it for shows like Daredevil, House of Cards, Making a Murderer etc?

GP
21-01-2016, 03:01 PM
Yeah it's pretty good value.

Jessica Jones is another really good one.

WMUG
21-01-2016, 09:37 PM
Aaron Ramsey's on a league of their own tonight.

Niall_Quinn
21-01-2016, 09:37 PM
Anyone have Netflix? Worth getting it for shows like Daredevil, House of Cards, Making a Murderer etc?

Incredibly slow to launch new stuff. Get it, watch the good stuff, dump it.

Marc Overmars
26-01-2016, 04:34 PM
Enjoying Daredevil so far, it's a lot darker than I originally expected, makes a nice change from what we usually see in the Marvel Universe.

GP
29-01-2016, 02:31 PM
Has anyone seen Silicon Valley?

Holy shit it's funny.

GP
04-02-2016, 12:11 PM
One of the new Top Gear presenters will be...

Matt LeBlanc :lol:

Power n Glory
04-02-2016, 12:22 PM
Enjoying Daredevil so far, it's a lot darker than I originally expected, makes a nice change from what we usually see in the Marvel Universe.

Way too slow for me. Watched the whole series and it was ok in parts but I was disappointed. Didn't really like the fighting either. All the jumping, flips and flying fist shit just seemed flashy for no reason. WWE style elbow and fist drops on downed opponents just seemed like a waste of energy.

Marc Overmars
04-02-2016, 12:43 PM
I thought the pacing was ok actually, 13 episodes is the optimum amount I'd say for an attention grabbing beginning, middle and end. Nothing dragged too much for me. Didn't notice much about the fighting, anything derived from a comic is going to have some OTT elements to the combat.

Couple of episodes in to Jessica Jones right now. Quite good. :popcorn:

LDG
04-02-2016, 12:55 PM
Watching the X-Files as I didn't watch it the first time round.

Pretty cool, albeit very dated.

Power n Glory
04-02-2016, 12:55 PM
I thought the pacing was ok actually, 13 episodes is the optimum amount I'd say for an attention grabbing beginning, middle and end. Nothing dragged too much for me. Didn't notice much about the fighting, anything derived from a comic is going to have some OTT elements to the combat.

Couple of episodes in to Jessica Jones right now. Quite good. :popcorn:

I'm ok with comic style fighting but something bugged me about Daredevil and I love Hong Kong cinema. In fact, I think I preferred the action in Arrow. The action in Daredevil just seemed a bit off to me. It wasn't a long season either, just seemed a bit repetitive and predictable. It's put me off watching Jessica Jones but I'll give it a try because I've heard good things on that one too.

GP
04-02-2016, 01:02 PM

I'm watching it as well.

It's very early 90s but it's well written.

Gillian Anderson :bow:

Letters
04-02-2016, 01:02 PM
Watched the first Mr Robot episode. Looks quite good, will watch more.

Niall_Quinn
04-02-2016, 01:08 PM

Landmark TV and it's all true as well.

LDG
04-02-2016, 04:01 PM
I'm watching it as well.

It's very early 90s but it's well written.

Gillian Anderson :bow:

Duchovny is cool as fuck too. Some of his one-liners are awesome.

Coney
04-02-2016, 06:39 PM
Duchovny is cool as fuck too. Some of his one-liners are awesome.

Awesome??? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SarfTyngMCE

adzzzbatch
07-02-2016, 09:18 PM
Deutschland 83 :bow:

Letters
07-02-2016, 10:03 PM
Finished 'The Man In The High Castle'
Hmm.
Somewhat confusing ending.
Overall it was a #decent show but IMO it was a better idea than it was a show, they could have done so much more with it.

Niall_Quinn
07-02-2016, 10:08 PM
Finished 'The Man In The High Castle'
Hmm.
Somewhat confusing ending.
Overall it was a #decent show but IMO it was a better idea than it was a show, they could have done so much more with it.

Couldn't stick with it. They just didn't present a credible portrayal of what isn't a bad idea.

Letters
07-02-2016, 10:15 PM
It was a bit slow but I heard it built to a good climax but was a bit disappointed with it.

Niall_Quinn
07-02-2016, 10:36 PM
I'm on The Blacklist now. Pretty standard stuff but I like Spader and it passes the hours until work is finished.

Kano
08-02-2016, 10:05 PM
Not sure if it was the nostalgia that drove it but I really enjoyed that first X-Files reboot episode. Duchovny and Anderson still work well as partnership and are even better actors now twenty years on. All the old conspiracy theory stuff is dated because it is long since become Internet chatter but the actors still make the mystery of the puzzle work. I don't usually get into such formulaic stuff but I'll see where this goes.

McNamara That Ghost...
15-02-2016, 10:29 PM
Walking Dead. :o

GP
15-02-2016, 10:54 PM
:lol:

Been waiting for that scene for a while.

Kano
15-02-2016, 10:57 PM
The People v OJ Simpson, some big hitters in the mini-series. Oh and David Schwimmer. Travolta has well and truly fucked up his face too. All pretty much meh.

McNamara That Ghost...
15-02-2016, 11:02 PM

Been waiting for that scene for a while.

It was deserved.

I am invisible
16-02-2016, 03:46 PM

Got to love Daryl! Wipes out 8 guys with a rocket... "What a bunch of ass-holes..."

Marc Overmars
16-02-2016, 04:27 PM

Praise the lord, I hated that fucking kid!

Not Carl. That little mummy's boy.

GP
16-02-2016, 05:03 PM
From the comics...

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/0/40/2141545-w2.jpg

LDG
16-02-2016, 05:05 PM
Dudes! Spoilers! (not GP, who has done the good thing)

I'm still a season behind <_<

I am invisible
17-02-2016, 09:40 AM

:good:

Also, how come everyone still has such shocking haircuts, bearing in mind they've been living with a hairdresser for the last few months?

Marc Overmars
19-02-2016, 10:47 AM
Started watching Lucky Man. Not bad.

Though I'm sure they could have found someone better than James Nesbitt for that role. :lol:

Master Splinter
19-02-2016, 06:33 PM

Exactly right.

Letters
28-02-2016, 10:02 PM
Walking Dead :bow:

I'm actually up to date now.

The mid-season finale was awlsome. First one of the next lot was great too. Jesus :bow: :lol:

GP
28-02-2016, 10:05 PM
We should be meeting Negen soon.

Should be fun.

Kano
03-03-2016, 09:47 PM
7 years later I've finally come back to Breaking Bad season 2. Think I'll see it through this time.

Niall_Quinn
04-03-2016, 12:58 PM
House of Cards Season 4 on Netflix.

Abandon work!

Letters
05-03-2016, 10:24 AM
Alan Partridge - Mid Morning Matters

:lol: Best Partridge since KMKYWAP

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
05-03-2016, 07:11 PM
House of Cards Season 4 on Netflix.

Abandon work!

I'm going to get started on that this evening at some point

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
05-03-2016, 07:11 PM
7 years later I've finally come back to Breaking Bad season 2. Think I'll see it through this time.

Do it, you won't regret it....

GP
07-03-2016, 08:58 AM
Been watching this documentary on the US presidential election and let me tell you I would definitely vote for Frank Underwood.

Niall_Quinn
07-03-2016, 09:10 AM
Been watching this documentary on the US presidential election and let me tell you I would definitely vote for Frank Underwood.

It's fictional I'm afraid. Just like the real election.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
07-03-2016, 05:07 PM
It's fictional I'm afraid. Just like the real election.

Would rather have Frank Underwood than Trumpton or Clump

JaneEmily
07-03-2016, 05:43 PM
The Night Manager seems a bit decent to watch. Hugh whatshisface Laurie though annoys me. Just his accent grinds my gears. Tom Hiddleston has an odd walk in some scenes of the last episode like it's stuck between hench and like he has a broom shoved up his shirt.

Xhaka Can’t
07-03-2016, 08:30 PM
The Night Manager seems a bit decent to watch. Hugh whatshisface Laurie though annoys me. Just his accent grinds my gears. Tom Hiddleston has an odd walk in some scenes of the last episode like it's stuck between hench and like he has a broom shoved up his shirt.

I heard it was good from someone else today as well.

Thank dog for Catch Up!

GP
08-03-2016, 10:34 AM
TWD :popcorn:

So it looks like we meet Negan next week. If it follows the comics it's really going to kick off.

Letters
08-03-2016, 11:13 AM
(on the season 6 finale)

"I felt sick to my stomach when I read the script. It was the first day in the whole six years of working on The Walking Dead that I was late for work because I woke up in the middle of the night and I couldn’t get back to sleep. I was so angry and frustrated and I felt sick. And that was just after reading it."
- Andrew Lincoln.

JaneEmily
08-03-2016, 02:56 PM
Never watched TWD, not my cup of tea but interesting fact for you: Negen means Nine in Dutch :o

Letters
08-03-2016, 03:28 PM
Interesting use of the word 'interesting' ;)

Marc Overmars
08-03-2016, 04:13 PM
People gonna die.

Xhaka Can’t
08-03-2016, 04:24 PM
I watched S1:E1 of House of Cards last night. Can't believe it has taken me this long. Absolutely gripped already.

GP
08-03-2016, 04:50 PM
I watched S1:E1 of House of Cards last night. Can't believe it has taken me this long. Absolutely gripped already.

I'm surprised you were able to stop at 1. It's utterly compelling.

Master Splinter
08-03-2016, 06:43 PM
People gonna die.

Pretty much.

Early predictions?

Most of the b and c-teamers are fucked tbh. At least two main cast members will die, not including the original 4 of Rick, Daryl, Glenn or Carol. I'm thinking Michonne or Maggie and Abraham

GP has read the comics, so he can stay out of this.

Xhaka Can’t
08-03-2016, 07:11 PM
I'm surprised you were able to stop at 1. It's utterly compelling.

It was hard for sure.

I cannot believe the quality of some of the shows coming out of the US right now. This looks like setting an entirely new standard.

Marc Overmars
08-03-2016, 08:19 PM
Pretty much.

Early predictions?

Most of the b and c-teamers are fucked tbh. At least two main cast members will die, not including the original 4 of Rick, Daryl, Glenn or Carol. I'm thinking Michonne or Maggie and Abraham

GP has read the comics, so he can stay out of this.

I think Abraham is a shoe-in to be killed off. All this emo stuff with his love life is probably the clearest signal.

McNamara That Ghost...
08-03-2016, 09:18 PM
Finally finished off The Wire.

:(

Missing it already.

Niall_Quinn
08-03-2016, 09:21 PM
Finally finished off The Wire.

:(

Missing it already.

I spent about two weeks pretending to be the various characters to help with the withdrawal. It didn't help. So I re-watched Breaking Bad and that did the trick.

GP
08-03-2016, 09:28 PM
Omar comin'!

McNamara That Ghost...
08-03-2016, 09:46 PM
Omar listenin'.

McNamara That Ghost...
08-03-2016, 09:46 PM
I spent about two weeks pretending to be the various characters to help with the withdrawal. It didn't help. So I re-watched Breaking Bad and that did the trick.

I can't think of the Priest in Walking Dead without thinking Carver now.

Niall_Quinn
08-03-2016, 09:47 PM
I can't think of the Priest in Walking Dead without thinking Carver now.

I don't know who Carver is, but I agree.

McNamara That Ghost...
08-03-2016, 09:51 PM
Also, Michael Chiklis in Gotham. :bow:

Actually; just, Michael Chiklis will do. :bow:

Master Splinter
08-03-2016, 10:02 PM
Gotham :wacko:.

It's a mixture of the Burton films, the Nolan films, the 90s animated series and an extra helping of mental. It's all over the place tonally, plot-wise, thematically and performance-wise. It's utterly bonkers and it feels like eight different shows at once.

But like an extremely goofy 80s cartoon where stuff just happens, it's enjoyable.

Marc Overmars
08-03-2016, 10:13 PM
Gotham is on my to watch list.

So many bloody shows I need to get through. Almost finished Making a Murderer.

GP
08-03-2016, 10:27 PM
Gotham is on my to watch list.

So many bloody shows I need to get through. Almost finished Making a Murderer.

Making a Murderer drinking game.

Take a drink each time any member of the Avery family says 'yeah'

He's guilty as fuck, by the way.

GP
08-03-2016, 10:38 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CuH3tJPiP-U&ab_channel=GameofThrones

Thierrymon
09-03-2016, 06:04 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CuH3tJPiP-U&ab_channel=GameofThrones

Really looking forward to it.

JaneEmily
09-03-2016, 01:13 PM
I didn't like Gotham too much. Felt like it was trying too hard *shrugs*

You guys should watch a Belgian show called Cordon if you haven't. It's quite thrilling, it was on BBC4 few months back with English subtitles but it kept me on the edge of my seat.

McNamara That Ghost...
11-03-2016, 08:23 PM
I like Gotham, it feels a bit 'Beetlejuice' at times in tone granted but I love lore.

GoT; The Rains of Castamere is on Sky Atlantic tonight for a bit of Friday night entertainment. :haha:

Kano
11-03-2016, 09:43 PM
Better Call Saul I hear is worth a watch.

And Happy Valley?

Letters
11-03-2016, 10:48 PM
I watched the first Better Call Saul on a plane. It was ok but didn't grip me like Breaking Bad did.

adzzzbatch
11-03-2016, 10:54 PM
Better Call Saul I hear is worth a watch.

And Happy Valley?

There's nothing happy about Happy Valley, good show though Sarah Lancashire is great in it.

Kano
11-03-2016, 11:01 PM
I'm liking the Saul character in BB, so will give the series a few episodes.

Heard Lancaster is great in Happy Valley (she's always been a very good actress) and might give that a go soon too.

Letters
12-03-2016, 02:49 PM
Guest: "Can I use the toilet?"
Alan Partridge: "Why?...I mean yes, sure. Use the disabled one. He's only in on Wednesdays. They built the entire building round him, like he's some evil genius. He's not, he just knows a lot about jazz"

Mid Morning Matters :bow:

adzzzbatch
13-03-2016, 09:05 PM
Watch the 4th and final season of The Killing yesterday and today. Very grim but brilliant crime thriller, don't think the story arc was as good as it was in seasons 1 and 2, but I still found it to be great.

McNamara That Ghost...
14-03-2016, 11:00 PM
Carol. :bow:

GP
15-03-2016, 08:34 AM
Stone cold tbh

Letters
15-03-2016, 09:41 AM
She's my favourite :d

Marc Overmars
15-03-2016, 11:36 AM
Carol. :bow:

Pretty much.

Letters
15-03-2016, 11:42 AM
Also, Maccy...could you say what the spoiler is spoiling...I mean the show at least! Otherwise I don't know if it's something I don't want to ready.
Although I did see The Walking Dead last night so it's a moo point in this instance. :d

Kano
17-03-2016, 10:21 PM
Breaking Bad season 4 :bow:

Letters
18-03-2016, 05:33 PM
If I remember right Season 3 is a bit slow and then it really kicks off again in Season 4. Great show.

Kano
18-03-2016, 07:37 PM
The end of season four was brilliant. I heard season 5 is the best so will tear through that by next week. Can't believe I left it so long to come back to :doh:

Letters
23-03-2016, 11:18 AM
“The day we stop building snowmen is the day the Nazis have won…” - Alan Partridge

Mid Morning Matters :bow:

GP
23-03-2016, 11:34 AM
TWD

Poor Denise

Eugene :bow:

Sure knows how to bite a dick.

Letters
23-03-2016, 12:54 PM
Yeah :lol:

2 left in the series :popcorn:

GP
23-03-2016, 01:42 PM
the last episode will be 90 mins, apparently.

Negan :popcorn:

Kano
27-03-2016, 07:13 PM
Better Call Saul is a lot less twisty than Breaking Bad but once you get 4/5 episodes in (as with most series) it grabs you. Saul was a great BB character and he's just as entertaining here. Also great to see Mike's backstory fleshed out too.

Letters
27-03-2016, 08:51 PM
Mr Robot :wacko:

Not sure what to make of it really but it kept me entertained, looking forward to Season 2.

GP
27-03-2016, 09:22 PM
I don’t want no part of your tight ass white country club, you freak bitch!

Letters
29-03-2016, 07:25 AM
The Walking Dead :popcorn:
As always...Carol :bow:. And Daryl :unsure: Wasn't sure what happened at the end, was it him that was shot? It wasn't very clear? But then the bloke said 'you'll be ok'

Kano
29-03-2016, 07:28 AM
http://youtu.be/dNnj2lLTojE

GP
29-03-2016, 07:49 AM
The Walking Dead :popcorn:
As always...Carol :bow:. And Daryl :unsure: Wasn't sure what happened at the end, was it him that was shot? It wasn't very clear? But then the bloke said 'you'll be ok'

Daryl was shot, but wasn't killed. That scene wasn't very well done.

Finale next week. Shit is going down.

Letters
29-03-2016, 07:51 AM
:good:

I think they deliberately made it ambiguous. Looking forward to next week :popcorn:

I am invisible
30-03-2016, 10:16 AM
Daryl was shot, but wasn't killed. That scene wasn't very well done.

Finale next week. Shit is going down.

First rule of television: no one's dead until you see the body (and sometimes not even then!)

Marc Overmars
30-03-2016, 11:36 AM
Comic spoiler:

Apparently Negan kills Glenn in the comics, so I guess that's what will probably happen in the finale. Though I'm still thinking it could be Abraham.

I am invisible
01-04-2016, 03:41 PM
Comic spoiler:

Apparently Negan kills Glenn in the comics, so I guess that's what will probably happen in the finale. Though I'm still thinking it could be Abraham.

It wouldn't surprise me if they take it right to the brink and then kill someone else instead - I think they have too much fun teasing us with Glenn's potential demise to ever actually do it!

I suppose that's the beauty of the show though - the story is all about the situations and scenarios, so it almost doesn't matter who they choose to keep and who they kill off. They can afford to deviate from the script a little, if a particular character is popular, and not do any real damage to the overall narrative..

Letters
04-04-2016, 08:30 AM

Don't think it is a 90 minute one? My TV Guide doesn't think it is.

GP
04-04-2016, 08:54 AM

Don't think it is a 90 minute one? My TV Guide doesn't think it is.
It's probably 90 mins on american TV, where they have 2000 ad breaks.

GP
04-04-2016, 06:51 PM
God damn it

Letters
04-04-2016, 09:21 PM
TWD.

To quote The Onion, after 9/11. Holy f***ing shit!

GP
04-04-2016, 09:26 PM
TWD.

To quote The Onion, after 9/11. Holy f***ing shit!

Negan :bow:

Lucille :bow:

Marc Overmars
04-04-2016, 10:07 PM
Well that was fucked up.

McNamara That Ghost...
04-04-2016, 10:35 PM
A lot of tension but then fucked it up.

Niall_Quinn
04-04-2016, 11:18 PM
Really drawn out and crappy dialogue followed by a cheap cliffhanger. Shame.

Marc Overmars
05-04-2016, 07:18 AM
Really drawn out and crappy dialogue followed by a cheap cliffhanger. Shame.

I read the comic equivalent to that ending and the dialogue isn't really that much different.

Personally I think the cliffhanger is a good way to keep people hooked because it keeps you guessing, as a lot of people already know who dies, at least in the comics anyway. Whether they have followed it down to a tee remains to be seen.

Power n Glory
08-04-2016, 08:28 AM
Went in with no expectations and it certainly was a 'piss your pants' moment.

I heard about this moment a few years earlier from someone who read the comics. I have no problem with the cliffhanger because it does keep you guessing to an extent.

Kano
08-04-2016, 10:19 PM
First couple of episodes of True Detective are very good. Opening titles are one of the best I've seen in a long while. And McConaughey? Even a few years after his transformation it's hard to grasp how good an actor he is now.

Niall_Quinn
09-04-2016, 11:29 PM
Fear the Walking Dead :doh:

Why is it called that? Should be called Don't Fear the Walking Dead.

What do you do when you see a blood drenched killer with dead eyes feeding on a corpse? Obvious. You walk towards it and attract its attention. It's also smart to leave doors unlocked, split up and creep around in the dark and shine torches out of windows when you are trying to lay low.

Really crap and contrived shite. Gave up half way through episode 3.

Xhaka Can’t
09-04-2016, 11:54 PM
You should have watched episodes 1 and 2 first.

McNamara That Ghost...
10-04-2016, 04:55 PM
I've been going back through all GoT episodes in the lead up to this season.

Hardhome is next up. The last 20 minutes. :bow:

Master Splinter
10-04-2016, 06:16 PM
First couple of episodes of True Detective are very good. Opening titles are one of the best I've seen in a long while. And McConaughey? Even a few years after his transformation it's hard to grasp how good an actor he is now.

He was good in stuff like A Time To Kill and Amistad. Then, for some reason, he turned into Meg Ryan.

True Detective Season One :bow:.

Have you seen it yet, N_Q?

Letters
15-04-2016, 09:17 PM

New Stephen King time travelly thing about JFK. Impressed by the first episode.

Kano
15-04-2016, 09:22 PM
He was good in stuff like A Time To Kill and Amistad. Then, for some reason, he turned into Meg Ryan.

Lincoln Lawyer I didn't mind him in tbf but that was on the cusp of his transformation.

Two episodes to go and it's fair to say it's a bloody good first part of the anthology.

Horace and Pete up next once I get the final two out of the way. Then I'll give season two a crack, despite the shocking feedback I've heard.

Kano
16-04-2016, 11:09 PM
Final episode of TD feels like a bit of cop out, rushed really. Either they should've got to that point a bit earlier, or had at least one more episode. And after seven hours of brilliant bleakness, it avoids going into the heart of the evil that built up for so long.

Niall_Quinn
16-04-2016, 11:16 PM

I have started on episode #1 twice, and got disturbed twice. As I recall, it was slow going and, apart from the acting, didn't engage me. But that's how I see most first episodes from any series. Just got unlucky with it. I'd love to find something that was worth the watch. Better Caul Saul is the closest recently, but it's more of a bandage that an experience. Maybe 3 times will be the charm.

Kano
17-04-2016, 10:23 PM
Horace and Pete is different. Funny in places (Alan Alda mostly) and pretty dark too. Low budget as Louis CK financed it himself but a pretty strong cast with Edie Falco, Buscemi and Jessica Lange to name a few.

End of season two for Better Call Saul on Tuesday too. One of the best things on TV at the moment.

Heard The Americans is supposed to be pretty good too.

Niall_Quinn
19-04-2016, 11:40 AM
Finale of Better Caul Saul :-)

The way they wind it all up slowly over the episode. Great stuff.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
19-04-2016, 12:36 PM
I'm a terrible individual with Tv series, i go onto something else half way through.

Have three episodes left of Series 4 of House of Cards, half way through the first series of Better Call Saul

Am trying to stream episodes of series 2 of the Returned which appeared on E4 under my nose.

Kano
20-04-2016, 10:15 PM
Horace and Pete really is a grower. I've not seen anything like it before really, no concern about format or making it a sitcom style comedy. It's sad, funny, dark and rough round the edges, feeling like theatre at times. Each one is a difference length too. The third one is basically just Louis and Laurie Metcalf talking about their old relationship but it's brutally real and still funny in places, where it needs to be. The first ten minutes are just Metcalf talking about an experience, just one long shot, brilliantly acted. There was a zero promotion around this ten episode thing, no interviews or adverts, just a link appearing in the inbox of those registered to Louis CK's site out of the blue, where you pay between $2 and $5 an episode. Really bloody refreshing to see someone taking risks to do something different.

Thierrymon
25-04-2016, 12:45 AM
Game of Thrones in 10 mins :yippee:

McNamara That Ghost...
25-04-2016, 09:06 AM
Watched GoT, all I can say is:

:sick:

According to Sky Planner, next week's episode is called Homeward Bound - crossover show! :bow:

GP
26-04-2016, 08:36 AM
The night is dark and full of terrors.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
28-04-2016, 02:04 PM
Watched Latest Louis Theroux documentary on Iplayer last night, I went to bed depressed.....just the utter desolation of people with alcohol problems.

LDG
28-04-2016, 03:57 PM
Watched Latest Louis Theroux documentary on Iplayer last night, I went to bed depressed.....just the utter desolation of people with alcohol problems.

Just drink more :shrug:

Speaking of which, I might get out on Saturday after 8 weeks at home, without a cold pint. I'm climbing the fuckin walls.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
28-04-2016, 04:15 PM

Speaking of which, I might get out on Saturday after 8 weeks at home, without a cold pint. I'm climbing the fuckin walls.

:lol: you'd make a first rate AA counsellor

I'm out celebrating my mate getting a new job Friday, and then going to a garden BBQ on Saturday (which I'm immensely suspicious about as we haven't had a decent weekend of sunshine for about seven months).

Kano
28-04-2016, 05:27 PM

:pal: marriage

McNamara That Ghost...
02-05-2016, 08:27 AM
GoT. :bow: