PDA

View Full Version : What will you be watching on TV tonight?

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18

Thierrymon
02-05-2016, 10:17 AM
GoT. :bow:

:dance:

:cheer:

Next week :cold:

GP
02-05-2016, 06:51 PM
:faint:

Niall_Quinn
02-05-2016, 11:08 PM
Well, that was a good episode of GoT. New season has started quite well.

Master Splinter
05-05-2016, 06:37 PM
Peaky Blinders series 3 :bow:.

Paddy Considine :bow:.

McNamara That Ghost...
09-05-2016, 05:27 PM
GoT Season 6 episode 3:

Olly. :haha:

GP
09-05-2016, 09:06 PM
LOLly

McNamara That Ghost...
10-05-2016, 06:13 AM
The Young Ned scenes...something big is to be revealed. :popcorn:

I am invisible
10-05-2016, 10:20 AM
The Young Ned scenes...something big is to be revealed. :popcorn:

Theories have been going around for years on that - I reckon a lot of people (think they) know what it's going to be...

Kano
12-05-2016, 06:15 PM
Tried The Americans, which is very highly rated and now four seasons in but couldn't settle with it. Good idea but too episodic and pretty lame script.

House of Cards didn't fare much better. Pretty hammy writing and although Spacey was good to watch, it's just too obviously lined up for my liking.

Transparent or back to Mad Men, some years after I watched the first few episodes when it started off.

McNamara That Ghost...
16-05-2016, 05:19 PM
GoT Season 6, episode 4.

Reunions. :bow:

Khaleesi. :bow:

Kano
16-05-2016, 10:11 PM
Borgen - not overly impressed with the first episode. A Danish soap opera mostly.

McNamara That Ghost...
23-05-2016, 07:13 AM
GoT Season Six Episode 5.

Amazing.

The last 20 minutes. :bow:

:crying:

GP
23-05-2016, 07:24 PM
Hold the door :(

McNamara That Ghost...
23-05-2016, 07:39 PM
I'll watch again in a bit.

I really want the "Hodor" - Hodor shirt.

Bran is a bit powerful tbf, even though he is still the same kid from Season 1 that just doesn't list to what he is told.

Also, Tormund is hilarious.

GP
23-05-2016, 07:59 PM
I'll watch again in a bit.

I really want the "Hodor" - Hodor shirt.

Bran is a bit powerful tbf, even though he is still the same kid from Season 1 that just doesn't list to what he is told.

Also, Tormund is hilarious.

https://i.imgur.com/nSwJUB1.jpg?1

McNamara That Ghost...
23-05-2016, 08:18 PM
:haha:

Oh what he'd love to do with his Giantsbane.

Thierrymon
23-05-2016, 08:55 PM
Dammit Bran, you fcuked everything up! RIP Summer and Hold the Door

Niall_Quinn
23-05-2016, 09:09 PM
I really thought Bran was going to die - and then they ruined it :fury:

Kano
23-05-2016, 10:22 PM
Gomorra, very bloody impressive first episode. Looks like it's going to be very good.

I am invisible
24-05-2016, 07:37 AM
I really thought Bran was going to die - and then they ruined it :fury:

Maybe he'll lose a few fingers in the snow?

Power n Glory
24-05-2016, 10:14 AM
Dammit Bran, you fcuked everything up! RIP Summer and Hold the Door

The little shit hasn't learned has he? Does he have to lose more limbs before he stops snooping around and eavesdropping on others? :doh:

Niall_Quinn
24-05-2016, 11:01 AM
His whole story arc is dull as hell. Every time it cuts to that group the kettle goes on.

I am invisible
24-05-2016, 11:18 AM
Dull, but unfortunately essential...

I am invisible
24-05-2016, 11:20 AM
The little shit hasn't learned has he? Does he have to lose more limbs before he stops snooping around and eavesdropping on others? :doh:

Maybe he'll finally learn when he ends up as a tree?*

*A tree with stupid hair.

Thierrymon
25-05-2016, 11:44 PM
His whole story arc is dull as hell. Every time it cuts to that group the kettle goes on.

That is me with the Daenerys storyline. That one has been awful since season 2.

Niall_Quinn
26-05-2016, 12:12 AM
That is me with the Daenerys storyline. That one has been awful since season 2.

Agreed. A meagre 2 full frontals in 3 entire seasons is taking the piss.

Letters
26-05-2016, 08:12 AM
I hear Banshee is quite good and has lots of tits, bottoms and even front bottoms in.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
26-05-2016, 10:40 AM
I hear Banshee is quite good and has lots of tits, bottoms and even front bottoms in.

Bottoms and Front Bottoms????

Mrs L must be a lucky lady when you talk dirty to her

I'm going to go ahead and guess you lost your virginity late in life

McNamara That Ghost...
27-05-2016, 08:12 PM
Khaleesi is on Graham Norton tonight. :bow:

Marc Overmars
29-05-2016, 07:51 PM
Top Gear.

Hmm.

LDG
29-05-2016, 07:51 PM
Top Gear.

Hmm.

It's a bit shit.

Kano
29-05-2016, 08:04 PM
There's no Jeremy Clarkson in it now right? Surely it must have improved because of that alone.

GP
29-05-2016, 08:59 PM
Thought it was alright.

Niall_Quinn
29-05-2016, 09:18 PM
It's a bit shit.

It had become a bit shit anyway. Thought they might change the format but all they've really done is tweak what they already had. Viewing figures will slowly decline I'd think. That would have probably happened anyway. No Richard Hammonds was quite nice, but then they went and ruined it by using a Chris Evans.

McNamara That Ghost...
30-05-2016, 04:35 PM
Thought it was alright, guess we'll see how it really fares when 'The Grand Tour' is on.

Also, GoT Season 6, Episode 6.

Mad King flashback. :faint:

Also, I get the feeling Bran is going to be fucking it up far more than he already has been.

Thierrymon
06-06-2016, 01:09 AM
GOT spoilers: The chicken better run for the hills!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KtCsmSMRiC0

McNamara That Ghost...
06-06-2016, 07:41 PM
GoT Season Six, Episode 7.

Survive dammit Arya. :(

I am invisible
07-06-2016, 07:54 AM
Much as I enjoy GoT, they really need to just focus on just 1 or 2 storylines per episode and go into them in a bit more detail - this 'one minute here, two minutes there' approach across 4 or 5 different story arcs is starting to feel kind of bitty and unsatisfying?!

I am invisible
07-06-2016, 07:55 AM
Hound though! :bow:

About time they got back to him...

Letters
07-06-2016, 11:30 AM
Banshee :bow:

Near the end of the first series.

The albino :o

:lol:

Has some Breaking Bad qualities in that it's quite dark at times and funny at others.

I am invisible
07-06-2016, 12:24 PM
Banshee :bow:

Near the end of the first series.

The albino :o

Has some Breaking Bad qualities in that it's quite dark at times and funny at others.

Finished the first series over the weekend - series 2 tonight!

Letters
07-06-2016, 12:25 PM

Gratuitous tits :bow:

I am invisible
07-06-2016, 02:54 PM
Gratuitous tits :bow:

Although also lots of gratuitous male arse, which is, of course, outrageous! Treating men like objects, etc...

Kano
09-06-2016, 09:03 PM
Bloody first great season of Gomorrah, best thing on TV right now without doubt. Onto season two.

I am invisible
15-06-2016, 05:16 PM
Outcast... not digging on it so far. I'll give it another couple of tries, but never been a huge fan of the possession / exorcism theme anyway, so it's got its work cut out...

Thierrymon
20-06-2016, 10:42 AM
Game of Thrones :bow:

Jon Snow falling for a trap you were already warned about. :doh:

Letters
20-06-2016, 11:01 AM

How're you getting on? Finished series 2 at the weekend.
Was impressed.
Bits of it are ridiculous and unrealistic but it's entertaining.

McNamara That Ghost...
20-06-2016, 07:12 PM
Game of Thrones :bow:

Jon Snow falling for a trap you were already warned about. :doh:

GOT Season 6, episode 9.I quite enjoyed that.

The dragons and the giant cleaning house. :cloud9: In two seperate places of course.

Wun-wun. :(. What a fucking hero.

GP
20-06-2016, 08:25 PM
That was incredible. Probably the most brutal and visceral battle scene since the beach landing in Saving Private Ryan.

I am invisible
20-06-2016, 08:53 PM
Why can't they do that every episode: just stick to a couple of story threads - so much better!

I want a dragon! Then all those bastards who step in front of me in the street will learn...

I am invisible
20-06-2016, 08:54 PM
I kind of feel like the big winner not watching the football tonight...

I am invisible
20-06-2016, 09:18 PM
How're you getting on? Finished series 2 at the weekend.
Was impressed.
Bits of it are ridiculous and unrealistic but it's entertaining.
Only 4 or 5 episodes into series 2 - the Euros have well and truly got in the way! Need to stop sneaking matches on when missus invisible is putting mini invisible to bed...

Letters
20-06-2016, 09:41 PM

Niall_Quinn
20-06-2016, 11:18 PM
Pretty crazy episode of GoT. Rare TV, engrossing from 1st minute to last. Particularly the last.

McNamara That Ghost...
22-06-2016, 08:36 PM
I think it has to be all kicking off next week.

Try not to fuck it up Bran.

GP
22-06-2016, 08:38 PM
We need a Yara Greyjoy/Khaleesi hookup.

McNamara That Ghost...
22-06-2016, 08:48 PM
I'm up for anything.

Will Tormund get Brienne?

McNamara That Ghost...
27-06-2016, 07:42 AM
GoT Season 6 episode 10.

Bloody hell Cersei. :lol:

What an episode.

Thierrymon
27-06-2016, 10:25 AM
Excellent episode (dare I say even better than last weeks). The extra music throughout the episode was great.

Love how Cersei has basically become the Mad King/Queen. Just need to Jaime kill her now and the story can start all over again!

Jon's parents finally revealed. The only thing I thought was undercooked was Arya killing the Freys. I feel that could have been more epic.

Hopefully all the money they are going to save on the cast (so many people died) can go towards topping these last two episodes.

I would like to know where Varys keeps his teleportation device. Dude is a fucking wizard.

McNamara That Ghost...
27-06-2016, 07:00 PM
Cersei will be portrayed as the Mad Queen but she knew exactly what she was doing. Not sure she planned for Tommen's reaction perhaps though. Comment on Redcafe: "Now we know why it's called King's Landing". :haha:

Surprised there were no Whitewalkers but I guess that will be for next season.

Thierrymon
27-06-2016, 10:41 PM
Wouldn't be surprised if the name was intentional. Kind of like how Jon's direwolf is called Ghost.

Well played GRRM.

I am invisible
28-06-2016, 07:59 AM
I know the show and the books want you to hate her, but how can you not love Cesei! Excellent OTT solution to a problem.

Good episode, made even better by minimal Braning. Those northern monkeys love a good 'king in the north' chant, don't they?

Glad they've finally confirmed the easiest-guessed secret in television - who's going to turn out to be the third 'head' of the dragon though? My money's on Tyrion.

What's the deal with Arya now? Is she officially one of the Faceless Men, or did she leave them? If she left, can she just take a new face whenever she wants, even if she's not part of the order? That one could do with a bit more explaining...

GP
28-06-2016, 09:11 AM
Lyanna Mormont :lol:

What a fucking badass

Letters
28-06-2016, 09:17 AM
Is GoT really that good?
I mean, it has tits in it but so does Banshee.
I watched the first episode of GoT and didn't really "get" it but I've heard you have to give it a chance.
I think maybe I'm too far behind now.

GP
28-06-2016, 09:19 AM
GoT is world class television. I don't even care about the tits.

Letters
28-06-2016, 09:20 AM
Hmm. Might give it a another go.

Letters
28-06-2016, 09:20 AM
Wait...like Rooney is World Class? Or really?

GP
28-06-2016, 09:22 AM
No, not Rooney World Class.

Like Bendtner World Class.

Letters
28-06-2016, 09:25 AM
Whoa! That good? I may have to give it another try then.
And it does have tits.

GP
28-06-2016, 09:38 AM
It does.

Willys, too.

Niall_Quinn
28-06-2016, 09:55 AM
Does it have front bottoms?

Letters
28-06-2016, 10:03 AM
:lol: That's a bit of a deal breaker, if not.

Thierrymon
28-06-2016, 10:57 AM
There is the occasional vagina thrown in for good measure.

Niall_Quinn
28-06-2016, 11:23 AM
There is the occasional vagina thrown in for good measure.

Sounds a bit gash.

I am invisible
28-06-2016, 07:52 PM
Is GoT really that good?
I watched the first episode of GoT and didn't really "get" it but I've heard you have to give it a chance.
What's not to like! Tits, and dragons, violence and tits, and more extreme violence, and tits... it's all good!

McNamara That Ghost...
28-06-2016, 07:57 PM
I know the show and the books want you to hate her, but how can you not love Cesei! Excellent OTT solution to a problem.

Good episode, made even better by minimal Braning. Those northern monkeys love a good 'king in the north' chant, don't they?

Glad they've finally confirmed the easiest-guessed secret in television - who's going to turn out to be the third 'head' of the dragon though? My money's on Tyrion.

What's the deal with Arya now? Is she officially one of the Faceless Men, or did she leave them? If she left, can she just take a new face whenever she wants, even if she's not part of the order? That one could do with a bit more explaining...

Don't know about Arya - perhaps and thinking back to when she was first in the House of Black and White for her first mission given a story of who she is - perhaps being Arya is the story now? I'm sure he has the ability of any Faceless Men so can only see that as making sense.

McNamara That Ghost...
28-06-2016, 07:59 PM
Is GoT really that good?

Nah there's only 59 episodes to catch up on.

It's a a tough watch at the beginning because there's so much backstory to try and get your head around - during the first season they regularly have conversations with characters that never occured in the books I believe to help fill in the gaps.

I think it's phenomenal though - I'm obsessed and without question my favourite TV series ever.

GP
28-06-2016, 08:41 PM
Agree with Maccy on this one.

It's every bit as good as the hype suggests.

Power n Glory
28-06-2016, 08:54 PM
Nah there's only 59 episodes to catch up on.

It's a a tough watch at the beginning because there's so much backstory to try and get your head around - during the first season they regularly have conversations with characters that never occured in the books I believe to help fill in the gaps.

I think it's phenomenal though - I'm obsessed and without question my favourite TV series ever.

Probably my favourite too. Smart drama and some of the battles are the sort of thing you'd only expect to see in cinema.

Game of Thrones, The Wire, Sopranos and Mad Men. My 10/10 shows.

Marc Overmars
28-06-2016, 09:38 PM
Tempted to give GoT another go, only ever seen the pilot. Probably will watch it again once I'm done with Breaking Bad.

I am invisible
29-06-2016, 06:33 AM
I actually think the show would be a much better watch on box sets? Much as I love it, I do find the number of characters and story arcs that they try to juggle in a single episode a little frustrating at times (especially at the start of new seasons), and when you've only got one episode a week to go on, then it can feel like it's taking its sweet time about getting anywhere. If you could reel off 2 or 3 saved episodes in one sitting though, I think it would really come into its own...

Marc Overmars
29-06-2016, 07:05 AM
Is there an end in sight to GoT? Or will it be running for a few more series yet? If I'm going to binge watch something I like to work my way through from start to finish, rather than binge watch then finish with TV pace.

Letters
29-06-2016, 07:10 AM
Aye, that's what happened to us with Walking Dead, we watched it all quite quickly but have now caught up. It is kinda frustrating having to wait now.

GP
29-06-2016, 07:41 AM
Is there an end in sight to GoT? Or will it be running for a few more series yet? If I'm going to binge watch something I like to work my way through from start to finish, rather than binge watch then finish with TV pace.

Two more seasons apparently

I am invisible
29-06-2016, 10:29 AM
Aye, that's what happened to us with Walking Dead, we watched it all quite quickly but have now caught up. It is kinda frustrating having to wait now.

I find The Walking Dead works a bit better when you're watching it week-to-week - they tend to focus on no more than a couple of characters / story threads at any given time, and each episode feels like a fairly satisfying, standalone watch in its own right, because they'll have little self-contained side-stories each week (e.g. a run for supplies), with the main storline continuing to run alongside it in the background.

GoT, on the other hand, is all about the "slow-burn" narrative of the main storyline - there are no self-contained side-stories along the way - and it has a habit of using whole episodes (particularly the early episodes of any given season) for scene-setting, and manoeuvring characters into position for their big series finale. Worth it when it all comes together, but you sometimes feel a bit cheated when nothing much has happened and you have to wait a week for the next installment...

McNamara That Ghost...
29-06-2016, 07:13 PM
I don't agree with the assessment on what GoT is tbf. No self-contained side-stories, I don't understand that?

Not ever felt cheated by an episode of it, though maybe because I love politicking which seems to be what is occuring when people say "nothing happened".

McNamara That Ghost...
29-06-2016, 07:15 PM

Only 13 episodes left though I have read.

:(

Although hopefully Telltale pull their fingers out and put out Season 2 of the game.

I am invisible
30-06-2016, 11:54 AM
I don't agree with the assessment on what GoT is tbf. No self-contained side-stories, I don't understand that?

Not ever felt cheated by an episode of it, though maybe because I love politicking which seems to be what is occuring when people say "nothing happened".

Ah mate, I love the politicking! I just think they try to follow too many different characters in a single episode at times. In one of the early episodes in this latest season I counted 6 different story threads going on at one point (can't remember the exact combo out of Daenerys/Tyrion, Jon/Sansa, Bran + chums, Arya, events Kings Landing, Brienne/Pod, Jaime/The Freys, Sam/Gilly, The Greyjoys, Sandor, Dorne, etc, etc), and when you think that there's only something like 45 minutes per episode (once you take out ad breaks) then they couldn't have had more than about 7 minutes to devote to each one? To be fair, that does seem to natutally sort itslef out as each season goes on, as several of the stories start to merge, but I'd just prefer it in those early episodes is they concentrated on half the number of characters one week, and the other half the next, so you have a bit more time with each group to really get your teeth into it.

Self-contained side-stories, for me, are events that begin and end in a single episode (or maybe happen across a two-parter). For example, in the Walking Dead, a side-story might be something like what happens on a run for supplies, or some of the characters crossing paths with another group whilst on the road, but underneath it all you still have the main storyline (or the "slow-burn narrative") running, which would be something like the build up to the big confrontation with the Governor or Negan. The way Game of Thrones works is closer to something like 24, where the events of each episode are one, long, seamless continuation - I actually love those kind of shows, but, as I said, I just wish GoT wouldn't try to do cover quite so much ground in 45 minutes at times...

I am invisible
30-06-2016, 12:00 PM

Only 13 episodes left though I have read.

:(

Although hopefully Telltale pull their fingers out and put out Season 2 of the game.

I wouldn't put it past them trying to wrap the whole thing up in a feature film (or at least a straight-to-TV film)...

McNamara That Ghost...
30-06-2016, 07:59 PM
Ah mate, I love the politicking! I just think they try to follow too many different characters in a single episode at times. In one of the early episodes in this latest season I counted 6 different story threads going on at one point (can't remember the exact combo out of Daenerys/Tyrion, Jon/Sansa, Bran + chums, Arya, events Kings Landing, Brienne/Pod, Jaime/The Freys, Sam/Gilly, The Greyjoys, Sandor, Dorne, etc, etc), and when you think that there's only something like 45 minutes per episode (once you take out ad breaks) then they couldn't have had more than about 7 minutes to devote to each one? To be fair, that does seem to natutally sort itslef out as each season goes on, as several of the stories start to merge, but I'd just prefer it in those early episodes is they concentrated on half the number of characters one week, and the other half the next, so you have a bit more time with each group to really get your teeth into it.

Self-contained side-stories, for me, are events that begin and end in a single episode (or maybe happen across a two-parter). For example, in the Walking Dead, a side-story might be something like what happens on a run for supplies, or some of the characters crossing paths with another group whilst on the road, but underneath it all you still have the main storyline (or the "slow-burn narrative") running, which would be something like the build up to the big confrontation with the Governor or Negan. The way Game of Thrones works is closer to something like 24, where the events of each episode are one, long, seamless continuation - I actually love those kind of shows, but, as I said, I just wish GoT wouldn't try to do cover quite so much ground in 45 minutes at times...

It's more than 45 minutes for most episodes to be a bit pedantic. :geek: More in the 50's (though less for some this season because allegedly the cut the Dorne storyline right down). I don't have a problem with it at all, plus it is nothing new really! Were there any less strands in the previous seasons?

What you say about doing half one episode and half on another - it isn't quite like that but they don't sandwich in every character in every episode - Bran was only in...half I think?

I can't see what you've described in the second paragraph is different from one to the other. Where is (and I guess this will need spoiler tags in reply) the long, seamless continuation? How can that be the case when you have so many characters as you point out in so many different locations?

The desires of Arya for instance are very different from say those of Littlefinger.

Plus for GoT, the long, seamless continual storyline is the one that most within the show aren't away are actually happening. You said earlier that GoT has these episodes of slow burn leading to the big finale...and yet you say TWD has the main storyline as a slow burn leading to the big, final confrontation? I don't get it!

McNamara That Ghost...
30-06-2016, 08:00 PM
I wouldn't put it past them trying to wrap the whole thing up in a feature film (or at least a straight-to-TV film)...

Nah it won't happen from these writers. It wouldn't surprise me if HBO try and whore it out for someone to make a film though.

GP
30-06-2016, 08:02 PM
I'd love to see a film about Robert's rebellion, tbh.

McNamara That Ghost...
30-06-2016, 08:06 PM
I want to see the full version of the play from this season.

Tormund and Brienne's rom-com. :bow:

Letters
04-07-2016, 02:41 PM
Well. That went well. :lol:

BBC TV and radio presenter Chris Evans has announced he is stepping down from Top Gear after one series.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-36707266

GP
04-07-2016, 02:51 PM
I thought it was alright.

Hope LeBlanc stays.

Niall_Quinn
04-07-2016, 02:58 PM
I thought it was alright.

Hope LeBlanc stays.

LeBlanc was okay. Evans a turd as expected, and the rest of them a bunch of non-entities. It was Clarkson that made the show. People mostly tuned in to see him make an arse of himself. The actual car bits had become stale a long time ago. They did a bunch of £100K+ cars on Sunday. All of them sitting there pulling faces, listen to the engine sound! Been there, seen it 100K+ times. It's old. The Clarkson, May, Hammond road trip specials were worth the watch. I think this is the format for the new Amazon show. Hopefully.

Kano
04-07-2016, 02:59 PM
Well. That went well. :lol:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-36707266

There is some historic sexual assault claim being investigated which is probably just as big a reason for him stepping down.

Niall_Quinn
04-07-2016, 03:00 PM
There is some historic sexual assault claim being investigated which is probably just as big a reason for him stepping down.

I guess they must have caught another MP paedo. Hopefully they don't run out of celebs or they'll be after the rest of us for cover.

GP
04-07-2016, 03:26 PM
It begins...

http://i.imgur.com/9UoiW6o.jpg

Kano
05-07-2016, 09:07 PM
Hopefully not another two year wait before the next season of Gomorrah.

The one thing that stops it becoming an absolute classic is it remains one note all the way through. A little levity occasionally wouldn't go amiss. It's bleak as hell and there was some dark hearted shit in the last episode of the second season.

Marc Overmars
05-07-2016, 09:21 PM
Just made a start on Peaky Blinders. Really good so far.

Letters
06-07-2016, 08:46 AM
Finished Season 3 of Banshee.
The tits have stopped, but it's still very good.
I've heard Season 4 is not as good.

alexander
10-07-2016, 10:56 AM
Never been too much of a TV watcher, but I did binge watch on GoT, and bloody loved it. Recently got NowTV box, never had pay TV before just because of not watching much and being very mean with money. Watched My Mad Fat Diary and enjoyed that, probably helped that it had a brilliant soundtrack and Rae was 16 in 1996, same as me, and I listened to masses of music back then. Good times.

Just started watching The Strain, see how that looks.

Kano
11-07-2016, 10:26 PM
Tried Happy Valley, not convinced by the first episode. Massive plot contrivance shoved straight into the middle and a lot of the main characters seem too one dimensional. Sarah Lancashire is pretty damn good in it, head and shoulders above everyone else. She really should be doing more films, even just from the UK.

Thierrymon
12-07-2016, 03:03 AM
Been watching a show called the Kettering Incident. Really interesting mystery story so far.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sc-z0AqLvTY

McNamara That Ghost...
12-07-2016, 06:55 PM
Forces of Nature. :bow:

Only Connect. :bow:

GP
13-07-2016, 04:11 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yJYKpJ7ur9M&feature=youtu.be

Thierrymon
15-07-2016, 10:26 AM
Anyone watched Mr Robot? Watched the first couple of episodes of season 1 and it seems pretty good.

Letters
15-07-2016, 10:37 AM
Yeah. Season 1 was good. Couple of good twists.
Season 2 is just coming out.

Kano
15-07-2016, 11:38 AM
Anyone watched Mr Robot? Watched the first couple of episodes of season 1 and it seems pretty good.

Nice idea but the voice over done my head in and I didn't like the plotting - didn't follow up after the first episode.

The positive thing about it is it encourages a younger audience to stop and think about the larger world around them.

Kano
24-07-2016, 02:52 PM
Watched the Horizons doc One Night In 2012, looking back at how Danny Boyle and his team put it all together with the help of 9000 volunteers. What an amazing opening ceremony and Olympics that was. Makes your hair stand on end again seeing it again four years on. Check it out on BBC iPlayer.

Letters
24-07-2016, 03:16 PM
Ooh! Thanks, will check that out. It was a fantastic ceremony.
I think we were all somewhat surprised that it all went so well.

Kano
24-07-2016, 03:28 PM
They go into the scepticism that most of us had beforehand, especially given the cost post-2008. Boyle and everyone involved proved us all wrong in the end. Must've been amazing to have been part of the volunteer group working together to get things ready.

Rio is working on only a tenth of the London budget for their opening ceremony, given the political and financial problems in the country that's a sensible thing to do. The director is Fernando Meirelles, who made City of God. Hopefully they'll bring a lot of the carnival vibe into the opening.

Shaqiri Is Boss
24-07-2016, 03:33 PM
I was sceptical of the Olympics, especially after the whole Beckham on the London Bus thing. Glad I was wrong. Loved the opening ceremony.

The closing ceremony, however, was exactly what I was expecting the opening ceremony to be.

Kano
24-07-2016, 03:47 PM
I can't remember a thing about the closing ceremony tbf. Although they did spend about £80m on the opening, so they probably had about 10p left over for the end.

Kano
24-07-2016, 04:22 PM
Might watch the ceremony again later actually, the whole thing is on YT. Skip past the athletes entrance and the talking bit and it's a couple of hours long.

Letters
24-07-2016, 04:49 PM
I can't remember a thing about the closing ceremony tbf.
Ditto :lol:

Although they're never much good tbf.

Letters
24-07-2016, 08:37 PM
Ooh! Thanks, will check that out. It was a fantastic ceremony.
I think we were all somewhat surprised that it all went so well.

Watched it. Very interesting programme, gave a real insight into how it all came together and it did capture the sense of pessism about how it would go. We really do, as a country, underestimate ourselves.

Marc Overmars
24-07-2016, 09:14 PM
Yeah I watched that doc as well. Good stuff.

It was a pretty amazing ceremony. Can't believe it's been 4 years already, all the years of build up and excitement just for 2 weeks and it's gone. Hope we get the games again in my lifetime, London was absolutely rocking for that fortnight.

GP
24-07-2016, 09:24 PM
Bojack Horseman :bow:

Kano
24-07-2016, 09:47 PM
Watched the ceremony again (minus the athletes entrance). Still bloody amazing to watch.

Britain :bow:

Thierrymon
24-07-2016, 10:10 PM
Stranger Things is a really good watch if you have netflix.

Letters
25-07-2016, 08:21 AM
Wayward Pines :bow:

About half way through the first season, absolutely brilliant so far.

Marc Overmars
27-07-2016, 11:19 AM
Bojack Horseman :bow:

Just made a start on this. Pretty funny. :lol:

Kano
28-07-2016, 03:58 PM
I'd never taken the time to watch any Bill Burr before now but he's very funny guy.

Letters
28-07-2016, 07:10 PM
Wayward Pines :bow:

About half way through the first season, absolutely brilliant so far.

Finished season 1.
Brilliant concept, I know there are at least 2 more seasons, I'm not sure how they can sustain the story. Once you've got to the big reveal and find out what the hell is going on I'm not sure what else there is but will have a look at season 2 to find out.

Kano
28-07-2016, 09:06 PM
Slowly working my way through Twin Peaks ahead of next years third series. Not seen it since it first aired and just as strange and beguiling as it was back then.

McNamara That Ghost...
10-08-2016, 07:48 PM
The Wire Season Six?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-37038421

Marc Overmars
15-08-2016, 09:48 AM
Friday Night Dinner. :haha:

Letters
15-08-2016, 09:54 AM
Yeah, maybe I should give that another try. Watched the first series and then gave up on it a bit. I've heard the new series is very good.

Maestro
15-08-2016, 05:47 PM
The Get Down on Netflix, then start series 2 of Mr Robot

Marc Overmars
18-08-2016, 11:53 AM
Really impressed with Stranger Things. :bow:

Love the 80's sci-fi vibe.

Letters
29-08-2016, 09:17 PM
Making A Murderer :wacko:

3 episodes in, not sure what to believe right now! Gripping.

GP
29-08-2016, 09:57 PM
Making A Murderer :wacko:

3 episodes in, not sure what to believe right now! Gripping.

I flip-flopped about 30 times throughout the series tbh.

Kano
30-08-2016, 09:19 PM
I'm giving that a go now, just done the first episode. Off to a solid start. Quite a lot of names and people thrown into the mix in the first which gets a bit confusing but intrigued to see where they take the next 9 episodes. There's a season 2 to come I've heard.

Marc Overmars
31-08-2016, 10:47 AM
Finished Stranger Things.

Loved it. The only shame about these Netflix Originals is how quickly you can binge through them because you're then left waiting a year for a new series!

Kano
31-08-2016, 10:51 AM
Next season will probably be a longer run because it proved to be such a hit. They tend to keep first seasons shorter so they don't spunk too much money on a potential flop.

Wasn't that blown away myself, my other half loved it. Bit too reliant on recreating the old 80's movies instead of standing on its own two feet. Hopefully might grow and develop in the second season.

Letters
31-08-2016, 09:46 PM
Finished Stranger Things.

Loved it. The only shame about these Netflix Originals is how quickly you can binge through them because you're then left waiting a year for a new series!

Just seen the first episode. Very good :clap:

Marc Overmars
01-09-2016, 10:15 AM
Officially renewed for a second series. :bow:

On relying too much on 80's pop culture; I don't think it's pretended to be anything else really, the nod to the past is why it's gained popularity so quickly. Now they have the audience I'm sure they'll be able to expand in their own right, the mythology of various elements in the show has barely been explored for example.

Kano
01-09-2016, 10:26 AM
You're dead right, they've been upfront about it. I read they pitched the show to Netflix by jamming together clips from ET, Stand By Me etc into a 5 minute trailer. And as you say, people have loved the nostalgic aspect of that.

For me it was hard not to think of those films, maybe because I watch too many films and I kept wanting for more. One reference that did bug me and was too much of a rip-off was from Under The Skin. When Eleven goes into that black space with the water, seeing as that film came out in 2013 and used the exact same style, that was too much. Again, that wasn't a huge film and it's a reference most people won't have noticed in the main. But I didn't not like it, it was just it never really got going for me either. Season 2 will have to develop on its own two feet and I'll go back and give that a bash.

Letters
04-09-2016, 08:26 AM
Friday Night Dinner. :haha:

Watched most of this series now. Very good :d

Just seen "The Funeral". The bit at the end with the coffin and the dog :haha:

Power n Glory
05-09-2016, 08:00 AM
Making a start on Mr Robot. I've heard good things.

Also, I've been watching Vice Principals. Walton Goggins is fast becoming one of my favorite actors. Was great in Justified and Hateful Eight.

Letters
05-09-2016, 11:31 AM
Still haven't started season 2 of Mr Robot but was impressed by season 1

I am invisible
05-09-2016, 11:40 AM
Making a start on Mr Robot. I've heard good things.

Also, I've been watching Vice Principals. Walton Goggins is fast becoming one of my favorite actors. Was great in Justified and Hateful Eight.

He is a glorious psychopath in Vice Principals! Did you catch his occasional cameos in Sons of Anarachy? He's certainly putting himself a crazy CV together.

I'm enjoying Mr Robot - don't know if I'd go as far as saying it's the greatest show ever ever, the way some people go on about it, but it's very good, and worth a watch for the sound score alone...

Power n Glory
05-09-2016, 11:47 AM
He is a glorious psychopath in Vice Principals! Did you catch his occasional cameos in Sons of Anarachy? He's certainly putting himself a crazy CV together.

I'm enjoying Mr Robot - don't know if I'd go as far as saying it's the greatest show ever ever, the way some people go on about it, but it's very good, and worth a watch for the sound score alone...

I didn't expect much from Vice Principals but it's got my attention.

I'm going to add Sons of Anarchy to my to watch list. I've heard plenty about it but never got into it. You should check out Justified if you haven't already. Underrated show.

I am invisible
05-09-2016, 03:03 PM
I didn't expect much from Vice Principals but it's got my attention.

I'm going to add Sons of Anarchy to my to watch list. I've heard plenty about it but never got into it. You should check out Justified if you haven't already. Underrated show.

I think we watched the first season of Justified, and then stopped for some reason? Can't think why now, becuase we were both enjoying it?! Maybe Sky took it off their box sets or something (just like they've just done with the last season of Banshee, the f--kers)...

Power n Glory
05-09-2016, 03:17 PM
I think we watched the first season of Justified, and then stopped for some reason? Can't think why now, becuase we were both enjoying it?! Maybe Sky took it off their box sets or something (just like they've just done with the last season of Banshee, the f--kers)...

It's worth checking out the rest of the series. It gets better and they tweak the shows format slightly. Less episodic and more of a consistent story running throughout the story. Banshee was good but yet to see the final season. I caught ep 1 of the final season but skeptical of how they'll end the series.

LDG
05-09-2016, 09:00 PM
Cold Feet :bow:

Letters
05-09-2016, 09:01 PM
Never watched it back in the day. Probably should try some of the old series before this one.

LDG
05-09-2016, 09:06 PM
It's a bit wet in places, but the cast just works so well together.

Jimmy Nesbit is just perfect in it, as they all are tbf.

Niall_Quinn
08-09-2016, 10:17 PM
Russians spacewalking - and it's LIVE!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OlzeBNep6Pw

GP
08-09-2016, 10:36 PM
Fake, the earth is up side down.

Letters
19-09-2016, 08:36 PM
Stranger Things :bow:

Whoa this is brilliant. About half way through.

The 80s :bow:

Letters
22-09-2016, 06:15 PM
GBBO :rose:

http://newsthump.com/2016/09/22/eggs-and-flour-announce-they-are-to-leave-great-british-bake-off/

Letters
25-09-2016, 08:44 PM
Stranger Things :bow:

Fantastic :dance:
Thoroughly enjoyed it

Kano
26-09-2016, 07:20 PM
Going through The Beatles anthology that was on TV about 20 years, still in the pre-US years, good stuff.

None this actually happened of course.

Letters
26-09-2016, 07:26 PM
Watched it all at the time, haven't seen it since.
If you're interested in The Beatles I can recommend their biography by Hunter Davies. Very detailed and gives a lot of insight into their backgrounds and history.

Letters
26-09-2016, 07:27 PM
Also...Red Dwarf. Actually think the new series is pretty good. Enjoyed the first episode anyway.

Globalgunner
26-09-2016, 07:30 PM
Will be watching Trump v Clinton. Mephistopheles v Maleficent. Guaranteed box office

Letters
26-09-2016, 07:31 PM
Urgh. Might if it was on at a reasonable time.
But I'd still have to watch Trump for ages :sick:

Kano
26-09-2016, 07:32 PM
Watched it all at the time, haven't seen it since.
If you're interested in The Beatles I can recommend their biography by Hunter Davies. Very detailed and gives a lot of insight into their backgrounds and history.

Always have been a big fan, but not really listened to their stuff for a very long time. The new doc has got me back into them. Will look at book on Amazon cheers, always love a good music read.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
26-09-2016, 09:23 PM
Urgh. Might if it was on at a reasonable time.
But I'd still have to watch Trump for ages :sick:

Trump is my guiltiest of pleasures, appropriately like his name it's akin to letting rip when no one else is around

He's pure entertainment, what makes him even more so is that despite his clear incoherence and half wittedness he still manages to be a demagogue.

Of course he's not actually stupid, he's just ignorant....his sole contribution in politics to this point has been to donate to campaigns....and what's more he's fully aware he's ignorant and knows he hasn't had to do anything about it.

He's arrogant enough not to care if he's elected president, he believes the positional is ceremonial and that he will go around like a movie star whilst other people do the graft.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
26-09-2016, 09:31 PM
I don't have any more time for Hilary Clinton than NQ does on the other hand, her and her husband are essentially political racketeers looking for donations to their favourite charity....themselves. He has the glib and superficial charm that all sociopaths have, but Hilary lacks as much in the way of charisma as she does moral fibre.

Both sides have picked terrible candidates, the difference is Trump is stratospherically awful and his elections could have profoundly bad global consequences....yes I know he won't have any real decision making when it comes to policy but essentially any diplomatic threads between America with both its allies and it's foes could be irreparably severed by having this irresponsible parasite in office.

Whilst I think it's a profound shame that the democrats couldn't come up with a better candidate than Clinton (no Bernie Sanders doesn't count, I like the guy but he's about as presidential as me) it's obvious to me that this woman as contemptuous as I am of her is the only sane choice.

Letters
26-09-2016, 09:33 PM
I used to find him quite entertaining but now I just find him bloody scary because there is a real danger he could actually become president and that scares the hell out of me.

:upset:

Niall_Quinn
26-09-2016, 09:35 PM
Both sides have picked terrible candidates, the difference is Trump is stratospherically awful and his elections could have profoundly bad global consequences....yes I know he won't have any real decision making when it comes to policy but essentially any diplomatic threads between America with both its allies and it's foes could be irreparably severed by having this irresponsible parasite in office.

Nonsense. It was the American people who picked these shining examples of leadership. Just as we do in our own fine and upstanding democracy.

Fantasy aside, this could be very funny TV. Looking forward to it more than a footie match.

Niall_Quinn
26-09-2016, 09:38 PM
I used to find him quite entertaining but now I just find him bloody scary because there is a real danger he could actually become president and that scares the hell out of me.

Which bit scares you? Do you think he might hand the global economy to crooked banksters so they can pillage the planet? Or maybe trump up evidence against a foreign nation and then go and murder a good part of their population? Or hand control of our food over to Monsanto? Or sabre rattle and provoke the Chinese and Russians? Or fund uprisings across the globe? Or write in policies that allow big business to blanket the planet in polluted filth?

It would be real scary if he did shit like that.

Niall_Quinn
26-09-2016, 09:42 PM
Watched the pilot of that thing with Jack Bauer in it, Designated something or other.

Paint by numbers, monotonous predictability but I suppose I'll watch it in the hope it can't help itself and turns into the next instalment of 24.

Kano
26-09-2016, 09:43 PM

He could never do any of the things he's waffled on about anyway. He's just the most extreme version of any other politician that promises a bunch of stuff but can never deliver. Power doesn't work like that because there are too many people involved and too many concessions made to placate those around them desperate for a piece of the pie. The guy has been boring for quite a while now, he needs to find a new act.

Letters
26-09-2016, 09:54 PM
The guy has been boring for quite a while now, he needs to find a new act.
Sounds like some of the GW posters. :d

Niall_Quinn
26-09-2016, 10:03 PM
Sounds like some of the GW posters. :d

Init.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
27-09-2016, 08:17 AM
Watched Trumpton vs HRC debate (not live as that would be ridiculous)

It shows the depth to which political discourse has fallen

Trump looked as out of place on that stage as David James did about ten years ago when he played up front for Manchester City

I've always felt he has a point worth making when it comes to free trade deals, but I'd trust him to re negotiate those deals about as much as I'd trust Ian Watkins to babysit my nephew.

Clinton was Clinton, I think the event played into her hands and she knew she didn't have to give much of a performance just stay calm and allow Trump to look unbalanced.

However we might well see a clamour for change that runs so deep that Americans will take the chance with a thin skinned, unbalanced crook over a more conventional political crook.

Niall_Quinn
27-09-2016, 08:30 AM
You can expect childishness from Trump but he actually ended up perched on the high ground, not through his own efforts but due to the Clinton creature digging so deeply. I'd assume anyone who saw that spectacle now has a clue, or at least a nagging doubt, about what politics is and how it works.

Letters
27-09-2016, 08:36 AM
Apart from you, obviously.

Niall_Quinn
27-09-2016, 08:50 AM
Apart from you, obviously.

In case you thought I was referring to you, I wan't. I was referring to the average American voter. It wouldn't dawn on me to assume you'd have a clue about any topic you blunder into.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
27-09-2016, 08:53 AM
what does he have the high ground on? Apart from free trade movements

His answer to accusations of tax malfeasance was "because i'm smart", his response to issues of cyber crime and cyber terrorism is talking about how good his ten year old is with computers.

The problem with wanting politics different from usual is that it's often advocated by the worst kind of people - Trump, Corbyn, Farage, Le Pen.

Is mainstream politics corrupt, stale, plagued by special interests? Absolutely. But don't think you are going to win me over by telling me what the problem is because i already know, and don't think you are going to win me over by offering only a handful of dust.

Letters
27-09-2016, 09:03 AM
In case you thought I was referring to you, I wan't. I was referring to the average American voter. It wouldn't dawn on me to assume you'd have a clue about any topic you blunder into.

Is the truce over then? :lol:

Niall_Quinn
27-09-2016, 09:21 AM
what does he have the high ground on? Apart from free trade movements

His answer to accusations of tax malfeasance was "because i'm smart", his response to issues of cyber crime and cyber terrorism is talking about how good his ten year old is with computers.

The problem with wanting politics different from usual is that it's often advocated by the worst kind of people - Trump, Corbyn, Farage, Le Pen.

Is mainstream politics corrupt, stale, plagued by special interests? Absolutely. But don't think you are going to win me over by telling me what the problem is because i already know, and don't think you are going to win me over by offering only a handful of dust.

I'm not talking policies, the policies of both candidates are clear enough. Self enrichment. And high ground is a relative term. Trump may be in the sewer but Clinton can go much deeper and she did. The hypocrisy of this woman stuns the brain. I almost felt sorry for her at some points because even she has to know how ridiculous her position has become. A criminal preaching law and order. A racketeer lecturing on the economy. A proven incompetent (to put a kind face on it) explaining the virtues of security. Politics has always been an ugly business but rarely, if ever, have we seen a candidate as gruesome as Clinton stake a claim for front row at the trough. Trump may be no alternative at all, but the prospect of a deviant as extreme as Clinton opening the door for her menagerie of serpents to slither into office should be an alarm call for anyone who doesn't want to see this species slide deeper into the shitter. But, as always, we'll have to wait for the inevitable consequences until some bright spark pipes up with that tired old stock phrase, "Never again."

Niall_Quinn
27-09-2016, 09:23 AM
Is the truce over then? :lol:

A truce has at least two parties bound by it. Over the last week all you have done is initiate sniping contests. Nobody has been running around the place saying Letters this or Letters that. So what's provoking it is unknown.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
27-09-2016, 09:45 AM
I'm not talking policies, the policies of both candidates are clear enough. Self enrichment. And high ground is a relative term. Trump may be in the sewer but Clinton can go much deeper and she did. The hypocrisy of this woman stuns the brain. I almost felt sorry for her at some points because even she has to know how ridiculous her position has become. A criminal preaching law and order. A racketeer lecturing on the economy. A proven incompetent (to put a kind face on it) explaining the virtues of security. Politics has always been an ugly business but rarely, if ever, have we seen a candidate as gruesome as Clinton stake a claim for front row at the trough. Trump may be no alternative at all, but the prospect of a deviant as extreme as Clinton opening the door for her menagerie of serpents to slither into office should be an alarm call for anyone who doesn't want to see this species slide deeper into the shitter. But, as always, we'll have to wait for the inevitable consequences until some bright spark pipes up with that tired old stock phrase, "Never again."

I think whilst we agree that they are both low, i think we disagree on their respective positions in the sewer

As i started earlier Clinton and Clinton exist for the purpose of self-enrichment so on that level they occupy the same festering quagmire that Trump inhabits

The difference to me is the damage they can do to their countries, i don't think America is especially thriving but in my view Obama has been better for the American people than any Republican president or the former Clinton.....and Clinton offers a continuation of that and to boot ordinary American citizens like my family might find themselves financially better off on a minimum wage and may not end up bankrupt through pharmaceutical costs like they run the risk of at the moment (my aunt who died over there from MS was always living on a thin line because of the costs of medication, even though she was on her husband's health insurance plan)

Trump offers the biggest self-marketing tour the world has ever seen, a project of self-aggrandisement based on making the lives of individuals harder because they look or sound different, whatever i think of Clinton's honesty (not a lot) i think this guy will codify fabrications, double standards and contradictions.
And will look to be Reagan on steroids by giving away pointless tax give-aways to people that need it the least.

GP
27-09-2016, 11:00 AM

http://i.imgur.com/mernZrB.gif

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
27-09-2016, 11:25 AM
what's more scary is that is his come to bed face

Letters
27-09-2016, 11:40 AM
:sick:

Kano
27-09-2016, 01:10 PM
what's more scary is that is his come face

Probably more accurate

Globalgunner
27-09-2016, 05:50 PM
Trump showing how slow he is on his toes missed a lot of opportunities for a takedown. Clinton is a walking catalogue of bad decisions. Asking her what she would do to protect America from cyberterrorism was a golden gate a mile wide for him. He should have simply said. "I would not employ people to sensitive jobs like the presidency who have been branded by the FBI extremely careless with official documents". I was surprised Clinton actually answered it though only in her usual obfuscations. She could have taken the 5th on that one.

Niall_Quinn
27-09-2016, 06:15 PM
Trump showing how slow he is on his toes missed a lot of opportunities for a takedown. Clinton is a walking catalogue of bad decisions. Asking her what she would do to protect America from cyberterrorism was a golden gate a mile wide for him. He should have simply said. "I would not employ people to sensitive jobs like the presidency who have been branded by the FBI extremely careless with official documents". I was surprised Clinton actually answered it though only in her usual obfuscations. She could have taken the 5th on that one.

Deliberate. Not quite sure what the tactics are but there's no way he is going to let her away with that level of hypocrisy without a plan for exposing her. Not unless he has the shittiest team ever assembled. The Dems did a great job of lowering expectations so Trump was on a loser from the start. No way can you beat up on an old hag who is on death's door - according to the media. But that trick only gets one use, next time he can hit her and hit her hard.

Niall_Quinn
27-09-2016, 06:16 PM
Serious question here for people who have been keeping up. Do you think Alex Jones is working for the Dems? Please, don't answer if you don't have a fucking clue what you are talking about.

GP
27-09-2016, 06:25 PM
Serious question here for people who have been keeping up. Do you think Alex Jones is working for the Dems? Please, don't answer if you don't have a fucking clue what you are talking about.

No idea but she does a wonderful job on The One Show.

Letters
27-09-2016, 07:05 PM
Walking In The Air :bow:

LDG
27-09-2016, 08:30 PM
Walking In The Air :bow:

The Snowman? :unsure:

Letters
28-09-2016, 06:32 AM
No. See. 'Cos he said Alex Jones so I...oh never mind.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
28-09-2016, 08:07 AM

No I think he's working for himself. It's been said of him countless times in interviews that when the camera stops rolling the ranting and the raving also stops.
This is what I mean by huxters and Charletans.....people who whip people up into a frenzy and misdirect their anger. And why? In Jones case it's a livelihood.

Niall_Quinn
28-09-2016, 08:30 AM
No I think he's working for himself. It's been said of him countless times in interviews that when the camera stops rolling the ranting and the raving also stops.
This is what I mean by huxters and Charletans.....people who whip people up into a frenzy and misdirect their anger. And why? In Jones case it's a livelihood.

His antics couldn't do more to attract the opposite outcome. And a lot of people are tuning in, more than the average cable channel now.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
28-09-2016, 10:17 AM
It seems absurd to think he's an agent of any one party, most republicans think he's just a big a waste of space

He's the logical extension of right wing talk radio, and of the American paranoid mentality itself. He's a snake oil salesman sustaining himself off the credulity of naive but angry people.

And believe me people adhere to his nonsense, just takes a mind set like my cousin who spouts off stuff about FEMA camps etc

His audience will largely be the same, white men without a college education who feel displaced.

Kano
04-10-2016, 07:33 PM
Almost done with The Beatles Anthology which seems to go on forever, seems to cover a lot of the same ground in the first few episodes. The consistent level of musicianship is ridiculous for that 8 year period given the high output.

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/d9/b0/0c/d9b00c8bf09908a170f2115e8db19b52.jpg

Steve Jobs :lol:

Marc Overmars
12-10-2016, 09:39 AM
There's a 2nd series of Planet Earth coming out.

Attenborough. :bow:

GP
12-10-2016, 10:35 AM
the Walking Dead starts again next Sunday.

Can't wait to see who got Lucille'd

Letters
12-10-2016, 10:53 AM
:popcorn: I knew it was soon.
The only problem is now we've caught up we can't binge watch any more and have to watch it week by week with the rest of you saps.

GP
12-10-2016, 10:56 AM
Have you seen the spin-off, Fear The Walking Dead?

If not, don't bother.

GP
12-10-2016, 11:01 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EW_N5-ceitk

:sick:

Niall_Quinn
12-10-2016, 12:21 PM

If not, don't bother.

Any suggestions for those who have accidentally watched it?

GP
12-10-2016, 12:22 PM
Any suggestions for those who have accidentally watched it?

Seppuku

McNamara That Ghost...
12-10-2016, 07:10 PM
I liked it tbf.

Letters
12-10-2016, 08:52 PM

If not, don't bother.

No and thanks for the heads up respectively :tiphat:

adzzzbatch
15-10-2016, 09:18 PM
I've just finished re-watching the whole of TNG :geek:

GP
15-10-2016, 09:33 PM
There...are...four...lights!

adzzzbatch
15-10-2016, 09:35 PM
Picard :bow:

Niall_Quinn
15-10-2016, 10:07 PM
I've just finished re-watching the whole of TNG :geek:

Try Enterprise again - it's not nearly as bad as the whiners made out. And it has Jolene Blalock in it which makes it watchable by default. I would make double sure to catch every contaminant on every away mission if I was on that ship.

Kano
16-10-2016, 08:25 PM
Doubt I'll finish it tonight but starting Adam Curtis new film on BBC iplayer, HyperNormalisation.

Kano
16-10-2016, 11:12 PM
Excellent as always. Of course it's only one persons opinion, like any documentary, but as usual Curtis knits together one hell of a case.

Letters
17-10-2016, 07:59 PM
"National Treasure"

Wow. Very good mini series based on all the Yewtree stuff.

Ronnie Coltrane :bow:

Julie Walters :bow:

GP
17-10-2016, 08:00 PM
Love Ronnie Coltrane.

Not as good as The Two Robbies though.

Kano
17-10-2016, 08:41 PM
Heard good things about that too.

Letters
17-10-2016, 09:18 PM
It's very good and it doesn't quite go where I thought it would, the ending wasn't what I was expecting.
Worth a look.
Must try and find Cracker and educate MrsL on some of that, checked Sky Boxsets and it's not there, maybe on Amazon or Netfix.

LDG
18-10-2016, 07:32 PM
"National Treasure"

Watched the first two episodes and got bored to fuck.

Kano
18-10-2016, 09:53 PM
Very good start to National Treasure.

It had the look and feel of Utopia and sure enough when I looked it up, same director (of the better first series) and guy who did the score.

Letters
19-10-2016, 06:30 AM
:lol: Well, I liked it.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
19-10-2016, 09:00 AM
"National Treasure"

Ah yes, i saw an advert for this a month or so ago and meant to watch it but forgot about it in truth.

Nothing Robbie Coltrane will ever do, will top Cracker in my opinion though.

Letters
19-10-2016, 02:33 PM
It wasn't as good as Cracker but it was very well written and acted and it didn't quite go where I thought it would.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
20-10-2016, 08:26 AM
I am about half way through the second episode, it's really grim, I just decided that's enough for tonight and went to bed.

Most depressing thing I've watched since Requiem for a Dream.

GP
20-10-2016, 08:39 AM
Jennifer Connelly :bow:

Letters
20-10-2016, 08:42 AM
Most depressing thing I've watched since Requiem for a Dream.

:lol: That's a film you don't want to watch if you're already feeling down.

On our first date, as it was raining, MrsL and me went to see a film. Wasn't sure what to see so we settled on "Never Let Me Go" which I picked on the basis that Kiera Knightly.
Not a "first date" film. And they all die unhappily ever after... :ilt:

Kano
20-10-2016, 10:33 PM
Never Let Me Go is a good film.

National Treasure is one of the best things I've seen this year, in film or TV. Great writing, fantastic score and not a single misstep in any of the performances. Coltrane and Riseborough were excellent. I know Walters has been up for a couple of Oscars in her lifetime but I always get the feeling she isn't appreciated as much as she should be, like Judi Dench for example, when she is every bit her equal.

Letters
20-10-2016, 10:48 PM
:good:

And yes, it is a good film. Just not a great one for a first date.

GP
21-10-2016, 07:30 PM
Black Mirror :bow:

adzzzbatch
21-10-2016, 08:38 PM
How the fuck did Chris Kamara get on HIGNFY? :wacko:

adzzzbatch
21-10-2016, 08:39 PM
Never Let Me Go is a good film.

National Treasure is one of the best things I've seen this year, in film or TV. Great writing, fantastic score and not a single misstep in any of the performances. Coltrane and Riseborough were excellent. I know Walters has been up for a couple of Oscars in her lifetime but I always get the feeling she isn't appreciated as much as she should be, like Judi Dench for example, when she is every bit her equal.

Got it on the TiVo; I'm looking forward to it when I'm in the mood.

Thierrymon
21-10-2016, 09:12 PM
Anyone been watching Westworld? Really enjoyed it so far.

Letters
21-10-2016, 09:52 PM
Anyone been watching Westworld? Really enjoyed it so far.

I watched the first episode. Haven't watched any more but been recording it. Quite enjoyed the first episode, not sure it really grabbed me like some other shows have though. Will watch the 2nd one some time and see how it goes.

Letters
21-10-2016, 09:52 PM
Black Mirror :bow:

Ah yes, I must watch that.

Niall_Quinn
21-10-2016, 10:03 PM
Got it on the TiVo; I'm looking forward to it when I'm in the mood.

Got one and a half episodes through before giving up. The adverts on channel 4 are fucking shocking and destroy the very notion of entertainment. Cunts basically.

Even so, despite it being wonderfully acted out, it was way too predictable for me.

Kano
22-10-2016, 12:06 AM
Black Mirror got off to a solid start, the story was ok and the world well realised. Dallas Bryce (Ron) Howard was the best thing about it, she really put her all into that character.

McNamara That Ghost...
23-10-2016, 07:00 AM
Walking Dead is simulcast tonight at 2:30 on Fox.

This is going to be grim.

Marc Overmars
23-10-2016, 09:19 AM
Won't get a chance to watch it until tomorrow night. Will have to try and stay off social media to avoid spoilers.

Kano
23-10-2016, 08:19 PM
Good start to The Young Pope. Jude Law is great as always, well written and directed by Sorrentino. Think I'll see this one through.

Kano
23-10-2016, 10:01 PM
The second Black Mirror episode Playtest is brilliant.

GP
23-10-2016, 10:36 PM
I've seen 1-4 and they are all great so far.

Niall_Quinn
24-10-2016, 01:58 AM
Walking Dead is simulcast tonight at 2:30 on Fox.

This is going to be grim.

Gave up on it. Fucking ads. Will watch it tomorrow on pirate stream.

Xhaka Can’t
24-10-2016, 06:50 AM
Watching TV in Canada is impossible with all the ads.

Marc Overmars
24-10-2016, 08:20 AM
9.20am and Walking Dead already spoiled for me.

Great.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
24-10-2016, 09:44 AM
Got one and a half episodes through before giving up. The adverts on channel 4 are fucking shocking and destroy the very notion of entertainment. Cunts basically.

Even so, despite it being wonderfully acted out, it was way too predictable for me.

That is another reason why i haven't resumed watching it, you can't get away from it on More 4 a standard four minutes of mind numbing adverts every twenty minutes or so.....it's makes me feel more desolate than the program i'm watching.

McNamara That Ghost...
24-10-2016, 01:33 PM
I only record programmes now. Rarely watch them live so I can skip the ads.

For the episode though, at least we finally found out what happened. Thought the episode was a bit shit though.

Niall_Quinn
24-10-2016, 01:50 PM
I only record programmes now. Rarely watch them live so I can skip the ads.

For the episode though, at least we finally found out what happened. Thought the episode was a bit shit though.

Anything that's hyped to this degree will ultimately be a let-down. In the end I got bored of the Negan character prattling on. Drawing this encounter out over two episodes seemed a bit much. He made his point, then he made it again and then he came back for another crack to make it again. Yeah, we get the point already! Didn't find him that menacing either, maybe because of the ham acting. The earlier episodes where the zombie hoards seemed inescapable were far more dramatic and menacing. That's been lost since the zombies became fodder.

I'd also forgotten how they all got there in the first place and what the Maggie thing was all about. Why did she need to go off somewhere at the end? Can't remember, not sure I care that much. It all smacked of trying to keep alive a show over 7 seasons that could probably have been concluded in 4. I'll watch it but if they intend to take this to season 8 and 9 then I wonder how they are going to keep the audience engaged. Haven't read the comics so maybe the answers lie there, but the moody relationship stuff interspersed by extreme violence loses its effect the 100th time around.

Maybe actually building a new society and recovery is where they'll go? But they've kind of done that to death too with the various safe havens they've found which turned out to be not so safe after all.

Game of Thrones and Better Call Saul are the two I'm waiting for. This will do as a filler until then.

Niall_Quinn
24-10-2016, 01:54 PM
That is another reason why i haven't resumed watching it, you can't get away from it on More 4 a standard four minutes of mind numbing adverts every twenty minutes or so.....it's makes me feel more desolate than the program i'm watching.

I can understand they have to have ads because that's how they are funded. Better than having to pay them for mostly a bag of shit like we have to pay the BBC. But why can't they have the ads at the beginning and the end and then maybe (perhaps) one break in the middle? Surely they realise that with more and more people watching uninterrupted services like Netflix this current ad soaked format is going to seem more and more unbearable? I certainly won't be watching anything else there. Not with so many pirate options available, and the quality is often just as good if not better.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
24-10-2016, 01:59 PM
I can understand they have to have ads because that's how they are funded. Better than having to pay them for mostly a bag of shit like we have to pay the BBC. But why can't they have the ads at the beginning and the end and then maybe (perhaps) one break in the middle? Surely they realise that with more and more people watching uninterrupted services like Netflix this current ad soaked format is going to seem more and more unbearable? I certainly won't be watching anything else there. Not with so many pirate options available, and the quality is often just as good if not better.

Well if you had ads at the end, what is going to compel you to keep watching once the program is over?. Seems to me one of the whole points of adverts is coercion, no one ever watches them out of choice.

Niall_Quinn
24-10-2016, 02:05 PM
Well if you had ads at the end, what is going to compel you to keep watching once the program is over?. Seems to me one of the whole points of adverts is coercion, no one ever watches them out of choice.

Well the ads at the end are for the losers who are tuning in for the X Factor or Strictly Come Baking or whatever. So I mean one set of ads at the start and maybe one in the middle. But pointless talking about it because advertisers still think if they shout loud enough and often enough everyone will want their stupid product. And for a lot of people that's probably true. Must be or they wouldn't keep making those GoCompare adverts.

So people are the problem. Get rid of them and we'll be rid of ads too.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
24-10-2016, 06:53 PM
So people are the problem.

I'm glad there is someone out there besides myself who accepts this

GP
24-10-2016, 07:06 PM
Jesus fucking christ...

Letters
24-10-2016, 08:24 PM
Jesus fucking christ...

Innit :o

Glen :rose: :upset:

Letters
24-10-2016, 08:26 PM
9.20am and Walking Dead already spoiled for me.

Great.

Amazingly managed to get through the day without that happening, I guess not many people will have stayed up for the simulcast but I recorded it and we just watched it when MrsL got home from work.

Wow. :o

Really enjoyed it.

I thought that Negan was going to make Rick go through with it with the hatchet :sick:. When the first guy died I thought "Oh, that's OK, no-one I care much about (as evidenced by the fact I can't actually remember his name any more). Not Glen though :crying:

Letters
24-10-2016, 08:30 PM
Addendum, I do agree with NQ about them spinning it out - although it is based on the comics so they're not just making it up as they go along. But I'm still enjoying it.