PDA

View Full Version : What will you be watching on TV tonight?

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18

GP
24-10-2016, 08:31 PM
Pretty accurate to the comics as well.

https://images.moviepilot.com/images/c_limit,h_1000,q_auto,w_710/pxfleqbonfdb4ibf5kz2/sorry-this-is-kinda-scarring-even-in-drawing-form.jpg

GP
24-10-2016, 08:32 PM
Also:

Abraham doesn't die here in the comic, so when he got the bat, I though Glenn was safe. Shows what I know.

Letters
24-10-2016, 08:42 PM
I guess they did that to keep people who read the comics guessing.

Marc Overmars
24-10-2016, 09:45 PM
Just watched it. :yikes:

Pretty good. Interesting to see how Rick comes back from this.

Marc Overmars
24-10-2016, 09:51 PM
I guess they did that to keep people who read the comics guessing.

Yeah I had a feeling it would go the way it did. I haven't read the comics but I understand the show has followed it fairly well, so they have to do some things to keep people guessing.

Kano
24-10-2016, 09:53 PM
The Theroux Savile doc is worth a watch, reflects back on his first doc 16 years ago and asks why he didn't pick up on the obvious signs then.

GP
24-10-2016, 09:59 PM
The Theroux Savile doc is worth a watch, reflects back on his first doc 16 years ago and asks why he didn't pick up on the obvious signs then.

Watching it now.

Staggering that he was allowed to get away with it. Rewarded, even.

Letters
24-10-2016, 10:02 PM

Yeah, I saw that.

Looking back...how the hell didn't he get caught? Some of the footage, in the light of all the accusations, is so creepy.
It's like one of his victims said, "It's so obvious, why didn't you (meaning Theroux) see it"
And the obvious answer, as he said is it's like a quiz: it's obvious when you know the answer.

Kano
24-10-2016, 10:57 PM
Yeah, I saw that.

Looking back...how the hell didn't he get caught? Some of the footage, in the light of all the accusations, is so creepy.
It's like one of his victims said, "It's so obvious, why didn't you (meaning Theroux) see it"
And the obvious answer, as he said is it's like a quiz: it's obvious when you know the answer.

That example sums it up perfectly. Quite revealing seeing the collateral damage caused amongst those that worked with him on charities, feeling as if their memories have been robbed after decades of commitment. His assistant living in deep denial over the allegations, as it would probably bring her career and life's work crashing down around her ears too. Obviously the victims stories are just horrific. He had a forceful charisma that ensured he kept his secrets pretty much to himself and fooled so many for so long, his years of media work keeping the real Savile hidden away. That small bit of film where he talks like a small time gangster about the 60's and not getting arrested for beating some people down was very illuminating - as Theroux said, possibly the only moment on film where we get a glimpse of what he was really like.

Power n Glory
25-10-2016, 08:04 AM
Just watched it. :yikes:

Pretty good. Interesting to see how Rick comes back from this.

I was broken at the end of that episode. They did a great job directing that episode. Felt a mix of emotions watching. Dread, fear, excitement, disgust.... they really delivered.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
25-10-2016, 08:16 AM
Yeah, I saw that.

People turned a blind eye to it, that's why

People on the bottom rungs of the ladder knew what he was doing and didn't want to complain because they knew their bosses would ignore them and their jobs would be in danger

People higher up knew how much money he could raise for charity and he often made it clear that he would stop all that if there was any investigation into his conduct.

And some people are taken in by people like Saville so completely that they can't see the truth when it's staring them in the face.

Manipulative, bullying sociopath who genuinely believed he could do whatever the hell he liked. Other people's feelings didn't matter to him.

Policemen have come forward to say they caught Cyril Smith in compromising positions. He was pulled over once (dodgy break light or something) and they found loads of indecent images of children in his boot....and before they were able to make the arrest Smith dialled a number in nearby phone box, and the PC was radioed to say he had to let Smith go.

Niall_Quinn
25-10-2016, 09:55 AM
People turned a blind eye to it, that's why

People on the bottom rungs of the ladder knew what he was doing and didn't want to complain because they knew their bosses would ignore them and their jobs would be in danger

People higher up knew how much money he could raise for charity and he often made it clear that he would stop all that if there was any investigation into his conduct.

And some people are taken in by people like Saville so completely that they can't see the truth when it's staring them in the face.

Manipulative, bullying sociopath who genuinely believed he could do whatever the hell he liked. Other people's feelings didn't matter to him.

Policemen have come forward to say they caught Cyril Smith in compromising positions. He was pulled over once (dodgy break light or something) and they found loads of indecent images of children in his boot....and before they were able to make the arrest Smith dialled a number in nearby phone box, and the PC was radioed to say he had to let Smith go.

Conspiracy theories. What really happened is that everyone just made innocent mistakes. Over and over and over and over again. Queens, princes, prime ministers, senior civil servants, judges, doctors, lawyers, police, journalists, all of them just got very, very unlucky in missing what has been under their noses for decades.

Letters
25-10-2016, 11:05 AM
http://newsthump.com/2016/10/25/therapists-prepare-to-spend-entire-week-talking-about-the-walking-dead/

(Contains minor Walking Dead spoiler)

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
25-10-2016, 11:25 AM
Conspiracy theories. What really happened is that everyone just made innocent mistakes. Over and over and over and over again. Queens, princes, prime ministers, senior civil servants, judges, doctors, lawyers, police, journalists, all of them just got very, very unlucky in missing what has been under their noses for decades.

Ha, the thing is conspiracy theories aren't binary. Not everything is a conspiracy or a cover up, yet it is apparent that there are some things that are.

Saville seems to be as I say a case of people not wanting to know the truth because a) the charity money he raised and b) too ghastly to contemplate

The real conspiracy seems to live with Cyril Smith who was given a knighthood, and it sounds like from testimony of people who have come forward that he had them over a barrel and knew too much about other people, so despite the resentment was able to go about what he did in the most brazen way possible.

I would like to see people in special branch who are still alive prosecuted for Smith.

And no I don't believe a thorough enough investigation has been done to establish what BBC bosses at the time knew about Saville, it's pretty grotesque to think they could have known anything about him and yet allowed him to present programs like Jim'll Fix it.

Niall_Quinn
25-10-2016, 11:46 AM
Conspiracies are the norm, not the exception. Conspiracy theories arise from the other side of the coin, the extreme secrecy we have allowed to prevail in our governments and corporations. Government is the greatest conspiracy of all. A minority with one agenda in private and another in public, engineering on behalf of another minority at the expense of the majority. This isn't the best of conspiracy theories because it's blatant, everyday and therefore a bit boring. The real trouble with the more outlandish conspiracy theories is the requirement for gosh moments. Wow, REALLY!!!!? Rather than, wow, tell me something I didn't already know.

McNamara That Ghost...
25-10-2016, 07:50 PM
Supergirl, The Flash and Arrow all back this week.

:bow:

Letters
25-10-2016, 08:15 PM
Not everything is a conspiracy or a cover up.
:lol: I don't think you and NQ are going to see eye to eye, you know.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
27-10-2016, 06:19 PM
Try Enterprise again - it's not nearly as bad as the whiners made out. And it has Jolene Blalock in it which makes it watchable by default. I would make double sure to catch every contaminant on every away mission if I was on that ship.

I never thought it was terrible, just wholly unremarkable

I actually prefer it to Voyager but wow I really hated Voyager

DS9 clearly the best, episode i would recommend to anyone is called "In the Pale Moonlight"

The idea of how far one is willing to go to betray their principles and ideals and whether the ends justify the means.

Either that or "Duet"

Kano
27-10-2016, 07:50 PM
Unbelievable. Luther. Garbage.

Twenty minutes into the first episode and his 'intuition' collars the killer because she didn't yawn after he did :lol: Has to be one of the most ridiculous theories I've ever heard in a police show.

Letters
28-10-2016, 08:32 AM
I never thought it was terrible, just wholly unremarkable

I actually prefer it to Voyager but wow I really hated Voyager

DS9 clearly the best, episode i would recommend to anyone is called "In the Pale Moonlight"

The idea of how far one is willing to go to betray their principles and ideals and whether the ends justify the means.

Either that or "Duet"

More of a TNG man, myself :cool:

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
28-10-2016, 09:10 AM

TNG is good, it's just a little too preachy at times

Jean Luc Picard has an inspiring moral speech up his sleeve for every single occasion.

It's like Aaron Sorkin was part of the script team.

Also what is it with making him french?....Patrick Stewart is a very good actor but he's about as convincing a frenchman as i am a leprechaun. French people don't drink Earl Grey Tea!!!!

GP
28-10-2016, 09:25 AM
Earl Grey is fucking gross.

Like drinking pot pourri.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
28-10-2016, 09:32 AM
I try and avoid anything other than Assam

Power n Glory
28-10-2016, 10:14 AM
TNG is good, it's just a little too preachy at times

Jean Luc Picard has an inspiring moral speech up his sleeve for every single occasion.

It's like Aaron Sorkin was part of the script team.

Also what is it with making him french?....Patrick Stewart is a very good actor but he's about as convincing a frenchman as i am a leprechaun. French people don't drink Earl Grey Tea!!!!

Was he supposed to be French? I thought it was just a name like Matt Le Blanc!

Either way, it's set in the future. I'm sure it could have all been explained. In Starship Troopers, the main characters were supposed to be from Argentina Buenos Aires.

Not a Star Trek guy but would watch a eps of TNG sometimes. A new series for TV could be interesting. But I'm more of a Battlestar Galatica remake fan. Worth a watch if you haven't seen them.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
28-10-2016, 11:46 AM
Was he supposed to be French? I thought it was just a name like Matt Le Blanc!

Either way, it's set in the future. I'm sure it could have all been explained. In Starship Troopers, the main characters were supposed to be from Argentina Buenos Aires.

Not a Star Trek guy but would watch a eps of TNG sometimes. A new series for TV could be interesting. But I'm more of a Battlestar Galatica remake fan. Worth a watch if you haven't seen them.

No he was definitely French, he had a brother and a nephew in France (also with remarkably English accents), there is also an episode where Picard has hallucination where he sees his mother and refers to her as "Ma mere" and occasionally swears in French.

Ha I forgot that about Starship Troopers.

I've heard good things about the Battlestar Galactica remake, one day will have to get round to giving it a watch. I think Paramount are going to do their own streaming service which will include a new Star Trek franchise.

GP
28-10-2016, 12:58 PM
I really enjoyed BSG.

Lost it's way towards the end but still #decent

GP
28-10-2016, 12:58 PM

More of a T 'n A man myself.

Power n Glory
28-10-2016, 01:00 PM
No he was definitely French, he had a brother and a nephew in France (also with remarkably English accents), there is also an episode where Picard has hallucination where he sees his mother and refers to her as "Ma mere" and occasionally swears in French.

Ha I forgot that about Starship Troopers.

I've heard good things about the Battlestar Galactica remake, one day will have to get round to giving it a watch. I think Paramount are going to do their own streaming service which will include a new Star Trek franchise.

It's the distant future. They could all have English accents in France. Maybe the English invaded after Brexit and war broke out. :lol: It's a world with an Intergalactic Federation. Aliens speak English, man! Anything is possible. :lol:

Battlestar is worth watching. It's a great series.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
28-10-2016, 01:07 PM
It's the distant future. They could all have English accents in France. Maybe the English invaded after Brexit and war broke out. :lol: It's a world with an Intergalactic Federation. Aliens speak English, man! Anything is possible. :lol:

Battlestar is worth watching. It's a great series.

No self-respecting Englishman should claim to be French!!!!!

They originally cast a French Canadian to play Janeway in terrible Voyager, but in early filming she just turned out to be so wooden and awful plus she said she didn't want the commitment so they mutually parted and cast the woman who now plays a Russian in Orange is the New Black (which i have watched and is pretty good despite the main character just being totally awful and annoying).

GP
28-10-2016, 01:23 PM
I liked Voyager.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
28-10-2016, 01:36 PM
I liked Voyager.

No ones perfect

Letters
29-10-2016, 11:16 AM
No ones perfect

As evidenced by your grammar in that post. :cool:

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
29-10-2016, 12:33 PM
As evidenced by your grammar in that post. :cool:

My technical English is apalling, it's a sad reflection on how English is taught in schools

Niall_Quinn
01-11-2016, 01:27 AM
Walking Dead Episode 2

WTF?

That's an hour of my life I'm not getting back.

Letters
01-11-2016, 06:27 AM
Walking Dead Episode 2

WTF?

FYI, all hours of your life are hours you're not getting back. That's how time works.

Power n Glory
01-11-2016, 08:54 AM
FYI, all hours of your life are hours you're not getting back. That's how time works.

:lol:

Power n Glory
01-11-2016, 08:55 AM
Finished off watching The Night Of. Worth watching. Very good crime drama.

Power n Glory
02-11-2016, 09:52 AM
Walking Dead Episode 2

WTF?

It was pretty shit. Can't lie.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
02-11-2016, 10:25 AM
Never watched anything Walking Dead related, doesn't interest me.

Only Zombie film I've ever watched is Night of the Living Dead

Marc Overmars
02-11-2016, 11:13 AM
It was pretty shit. Can't lie.

Yeah it wasn't great. They've done this a lot in the past, where they follow up a highly charged and emotional episode with something at completely the other end of the spectrum.

Power n Glory
02-11-2016, 11:28 AM
Yeah it wasn't great. They've done this a lot in the past, where they follow up a highly charged and emotional episode with something at completely the other end of the spectrum.

They really need to cut it out. I get there are new plots and characters they need to introduce but if they’re going shift tempo, at least make it a good episode with some sort of development. It was always going to be hard to follow up with the last episode but a complete detour with a boring episode just hurts the series.

Niall_Quinn
02-11-2016, 11:51 AM
They really need to cut it out. I get there are new plots and characters they need to introduce but if they’re going shift tempo, at least make it a good episode with some sort of development. It was always going to be hard to follow up with the last episode but a complete detour with a boring episode just hurts the series.

Tbf they are constrained by the comic book plot so they are a bit fucked when it comes to episodes like these. In the end though it's getting dull. Only so much you can do with the even bigger baddie/ goodie story arc and they have played it to death. Fairly obvious where it is going, all the goodies team up against the baddies and we eventually reach the scene where Rick gets payback against Negan. But hasn't this happened before? Yes I know it's a zombie apocalypse setting so realism in relative, but there was more realism in the early series and now it has tripped off towards a fantasy plot. And the zombies are pretty irrelevant now, they turn up and get chopped up with a yawn. That scene where Risk is thrown outside the trailer to fight off the zombie hordes, in the earlier seasons he wouldn't have stood a chance.

Niall_Quinn
02-11-2016, 11:52 AM
When is GoT back? And Better Caul Saul? And House of Cards? That's when TV starts again.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
02-11-2016, 12:36 PM
When is GoT back? And Better Caul Saul? And House of Cards? That's when TV starts again.

House of Cards usually comes out February/March time

No idea about the others, probably at some point next year.....still half way through the first series with Better Call Saul, i really liked it but got waylaid into watching something else and never went back to it.

Power n Glory
02-11-2016, 02:03 PM
Tbf they are constrained by the comic book plot so they are a bit fucked when it comes to episodes like these. In the end though it's getting dull. Only so much you can do with the even bigger baddie/ goodie story arc and they have played it to death. Fairly obvious where it is going, all the goodies team up against the baddies and we eventually reach the scene where Rick gets payback against Negan. But hasn't this happened before? Yes I know it's a zombie apocalypse setting so realism in relative, but there was more realism in the early series and now it has tripped off towards a fantasy plot. And the zombies are pretty irrelevant now, they turn up and get chopped up with a yawn. That scene where Risk is thrown outside the trailer to fight off the zombie hordes, in the earlier seasons he wouldn't have stood a chance.

To a degree, they are constrained by the comics, but yesterdays episode was just garbage. Not just the plot or intro of new characters and surroundings, it's more to do with script and directing. It went from hot to cold too quickly and they should have dealt with the aftermath of ep 1 and focused on Rick's camp. Or at least switch between the two camps and not focus fully on Carol and Stickman Sol.

But you're right about it getting old. Seen it all before. Only so much they can drag this 'losing our humanity' story out. I didn't even mind series 2 when it changed pace because I could see the build up and conflict. But not sure where else they can go from here.

Kano
05-11-2016, 02:15 PM
The Young Pope. Second episode in and Jude Law is bloody brilliant.

Kano
06-11-2016, 08:54 PM
Weiner documentary showing in a minute on BBC4, not overly political, more a character profile of a guy you want to root for but he does everything imaginable to make it impossible. Probably been chosen by Storyville as not out too long ago and of course Weiner's wife's direct links to the Clinton campaign.

Marc Overmars
06-11-2016, 09:04 PM
Planet Earth II. :cloud9:

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
07-11-2016, 06:08 PM

Not seen the original, I've spoken to people who have seen both and think they are amazing

I don't tend to watch much TV, been watching Black Mirror from the beginning on Netflix....it seems abundantly clear that Charlie Brooker like myself does not hold human beings in high esteem.

McNamara That Ghost...
07-11-2016, 09:00 PM

The Iguana section.

:(
:crying:
:yikes:

Respectively.

GP
07-11-2016, 09:11 PM
Things I didn't expect to hear on The Walking Dead:

A Town Called Malice.

Kano
07-11-2016, 10:23 PM
Atlanta. Very good and very funny.

Blink 1nce Quince 2wice
09-11-2016, 12:03 AM
Cadillac Records.

Power n Glory
09-11-2016, 07:19 AM
Atlanta. Very good and very funny.

Heck of a show.

Kano
09-11-2016, 09:40 PM
The Young Pope is proving to be one of the best things on TV this year. Both critical and respectful of the church. Great script, direction, acting and that extra edge of surrealism sets off brilliantly against the setting and religious context.

Thierrymon
10-11-2016, 02:37 AM

Not airing over here until 2017 :wwf::thumbsdown:

I think Planet Earth is my favourite documentary series.

Here is Ozzy Man doing is own commentary for the iguana scene.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TfBNG5KD1oU

Marc Overmars
10-11-2016, 09:55 AM
It really is awesome.

I had the box set with me at uni. Spent many days hungover watching it. :lol:

Letters
13-11-2016, 10:51 PM
Black Mirror :bow:

Seen the first episode now, the one where they rate each other.
Brooker :bow:

GP
13-11-2016, 11:33 PM

Bryce Dallas Howard :bow:

McNamara That Ghost...
15-11-2016, 08:33 PM
Walking Dead Sesaon 7 Episode 4.

Unrelenting misery.

GP
15-11-2016, 08:40 PM
I don't like pussy Rick.

Marc Overmars
15-11-2016, 09:21 PM
I'm guessing all the communities Negan has control over will have to unite to take him down.

Niall_Quinn
18-11-2016, 10:49 AM
The Grand Tour - pretty lame really. Top Gear in a tent but trying not to be Top Gear. Thought they might try something different but all they have done is call the same thing something different.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
18-11-2016, 12:04 PM

I've just watched that one too

You'd be pretty fucked in that kind of world wouldn't you? :lol:

That said....so would I

Yeah Black Mirror is good, it's like the Outer Limits without taking itself as seriously

Letters
18-11-2016, 01:01 PM
You'd be pretty fucked in that kind of world wouldn't you? :lol:

<_<

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
18-11-2016, 03:42 PM
<_<

Watching the third episode.

Just a bit of advice for you all out there....if you are going to have a hand shandy over some porn on your laptop, cover up your webcam. It'll save you a world of trouble.

Letters
18-11-2016, 05:06 PM
No spoilers! Haven't seen any more yet.
This weekend will try to catch up with it.

Kano
18-11-2016, 05:16 PM
Haven't seen the last one yet but 4 and 1 were probably the weakest of the bunch so far.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
18-11-2016, 05:56 PM
The one I was the least keen on out of all the ones I've seen was the horror computer game one

Just felt unoriginal and didn't feel it had anything particularly to say.

Marc Overmars
18-11-2016, 10:19 PM
The Grand Tour - pretty lame really. Top Gear in a tent but trying not to be Top Gear. Thought they might try something different but all they have done is call the same thing something different.

Top Gear with plenty of shiny new bells and whistles, essentially.

GP
18-11-2016, 10:37 PM
I don't think it was even as good as Top Gear, which itself had become stale.

The car bits were standard Top Gear, but the 'studio' parts were really forced. Shame.

Kano
18-11-2016, 10:47 PM
John Pilger's next doc The Coming War on China will be worth watching on December 5th.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
19-11-2016, 12:09 AM
John Pilger's next doc The Coming War on China will be worth watching on December 5th.

are you and NQ the same person?

adzzzbatch
19-11-2016, 12:43 AM
The last 2 new episodes of South Part and Undatable. Bridgit Mendler :loveblush:

Kano
19-11-2016, 01:28 AM

If I had any idea what you're talking about I'd write something other than this sentence.

Niall_Quinn
19-11-2016, 12:09 PM

If you look at things more closely it's far more likely you and I are the same person. That's what I'd bet on if I had to. And of course this is the sort of double bluff I'd run if you and I really were the same person. Might not work on everyone but it would definitely work on Letters.

McNamara That Ghost...
19-11-2016, 09:11 PM
Watched it a million times before but...

Hardhome. :bow:

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
19-11-2016, 10:01 PM
If you look at things more closely it's far more likely you and I are the same person. That's what I'd bet on if I had to. And of course this is the sort of double bluff I'd run if you and I really were the same person. Might not work on everyone but it would definitely work on Letters.

No we aren't the same person, we are two compartmentalised personalities locked in a battle for supremacy in the same host. That's a very different thing entirely.

McNamara That Ghost...
20-11-2016, 10:29 PM
Planet Earth II, Episode 3.

The Draco Lizards waving yellow flags. :haha:

The SC was ready.

The Spider Monkey kid and its dad. :loveblush:

Marc Overmars
20-11-2016, 11:40 PM

Deserts next week. :popcorn:

Niall_Quinn
26-11-2016, 10:06 PM
Switched episode 2 of the Grand Tour off after 20 mins. Embarrassingly awful. The stuff in the studio is painful, cringeworthy. This is a program about 3 sad old men trying to relive the past and failing miserably. Pastures beckon.

GP
26-11-2016, 10:14 PM
Switched episode 2 of the Grand Tour off after 20 mins. Embarrassingly awful. The stuff in the studio is painful, cringeworthy. This is a program about 3 sad old men trying to relive the past and failing miserably. Pastures beckon.

Yep, I thought this episode was really boring.

It's just Top Gear, but with a much bigger budget. They have some how made it worse.

Letters
29-11-2016, 04:41 PM
I'm A Celebrity :bow:

Wayne Bridge isn't a dick. Who knew?

Kano
29-11-2016, 04:44 PM
He never gets forgiven for that goal.

Ever.

Letters
29-11-2016, 04:46 PM
And nor should he :lol:

But he actually seems like a surprisingly nice bloke. I assumed all footballers were utter arses but he really doesn't seem to be.

Marc Overmars
29-11-2016, 04:56 PM
He never gets forgiven for that goal.

Ever.

Easily one of the most gut wrenching goals I've seen us concede.

On par with Giggs in the Cup.

Letters
29-11-2016, 05:13 PM
You're too young to remember Gazza in '91 :upset:
First really big game I went to :crying:

McNamara That Ghost...
29-11-2016, 10:43 PM
Belletti. :sick:

Kano
29-11-2016, 10:56 PM
Atlanta :bow:

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
30-11-2016, 10:47 AM
Finished watching Black Mirror last night, the last episode and the third episode are both really good. The rest to be honest are mediocre at best.

Letters
30-11-2016, 10:59 AM
Saw the second one. Game test one.
Dark...
Haven't seen the rest yet.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
30-11-2016, 11:17 AM
Saw the second one. Game test one.
Dark...
Haven't seen the rest yet.

The Game Test one wasn't that great, thought it was a bit unoriginal.

Power n Glory
30-11-2016, 11:18 AM
Humans Season 2. So far so good.

Letters
30-11-2016, 11:27 AM
Agreed :good:

Gemma Chan :loveblush:

Power n Glory
30-11-2016, 11:46 AM
She's gorgeous. They all play their Synth roles really well.

Kano
30-11-2016, 12:14 PM
Agreed :good:

Gemma Chan :loveblush:

And Jack Whitehall, really?

This world makes no sense at all.

adzzzbatch
02-12-2016, 10:25 PM
WTF is HIGNFY for these days? :unsure:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-2z-AdzgKjY

Seems more and more like an extension of the BBC tory mouthpiece.

Kano
03-12-2016, 02:39 AM
https://youtu.be/i0MlLNqTpdU

Late to show but I gotta say, this clip is more than enough to convince me.

Letters
03-12-2016, 08:44 AM
WTF is HIGNFY for these days? :unsure:
Haven't watched it for years, never thought it was as good since Deaton left.

McNamara That Ghost...
05-12-2016, 10:46 PM
Walking Dead Seaosn 7 episode 7:

What was with Michonne doing the Omar whistle? :lol:

Kano
07-12-2016, 12:39 AM
The Coming War On China definitely needs to be watched if you haven't already.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
07-12-2016, 09:11 AM
The Coming War On China definitely needs to be watched if you haven't already.

Absolutely because i can't get enough of things by people who deny war crimes and for whom all the world's problems are occidental

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
07-12-2016, 09:12 AM
Watched the Planet Earth bit on Kangaroos, they are vicious buggers

Kano
07-12-2016, 09:40 AM
Absolutely because i can't get enough of things by people who deny war crimes and for whom all the world's problems are occidental

No it definitely exposes America's war crimes. So you don't have to worry about your strange bias in that regard.

Niall_Quinn
07-12-2016, 09:58 AM

Dude. The US has been, is and will continue to be the greatest threat to world peace since WWII. There's no credible way to dispute this given the evidence. This does not mean other nations don't do atrocious things. It's just they don't do them on a scale comparable to the US. It's perfectly legitimate to criticise the greatest threat to world peace since WWII. Doing so without also cataloguing China's (for example) crime sheet does not at all imply Russia has committed no crimes. It is also legitimate to criticise China without having to list US crimes. In fact Pilger does that, he sits in a room in China and discusses Chinese massacres of their own people.

Many of the Americans I know are great people and the US probably has the largest resistance movement to government anywhere on the planet. But the US government and secret government is, by their own definition, a war criminal of extreme stature. Do you deny this and, if so, how can you credibly deny it?

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
07-12-2016, 10:07 AM
No it definitely exposes America's war crimes. So you don't have to worry about your strange bias in that regard.

Ha Strange Bias says you, from a man plugging the work of Jon Pilger.

The thing is I have never pretended America aren't guilty of a lot of malfeasance, unlike Pilger i don't believe they are the beginning and end of all the problems in the world to subscribe to the intractable Noam Chomsky world view.

I am able to see both sides, I find it amusing the reverence given by American politicians to a clear war criminal in Henry Kissinger, it's hypocrisy over Cuba, the protracted Vietnam War which was totally about making money for private defence contractors, Iran-Contra.

Unlike Pilger though I don't equally see the Russians as victims of aggressive expansionist NATO, I don't deny the Serbians massacred Bosnians because the Nationalists all belonged to the Socialist party (although i will give Pilger credit there, he was consistent in his defence for atrocious war crimes committed by non-western states even though he had no dog in the Hunt as the West equally were prepared to ignore what was going on).

It's not about equivalence it's about having no time for people like Pilger who only has an axe to grind because Western Capitalism triumphed over Socialism, to the point where he has so much beef with American imperialism that he will forgive or ignore it where he sees it elsewhere.

Niall_Quinn
07-12-2016, 10:35 AM

The thing is I have never pretended America aren't guilty of a lot of malfeasance, unlike Pilger i don't believe they are the beginning and end of all the problems in the world to subscribe to the intractable Noam Chomsky world view.

I am able to see both sides, I find it amusing the reverence given by American politicians to a clear war criminal in Henry Kissinger, it's hypocrisy over Cuba, the protracted Vietnam War which was totally about making money for private defence contractors, Iran-Contra.

Unlike Pilger though I don't equally see the Russians as victims of aggressive expansionist NATO, I don't deny the Serbians massacred Bosnians because the Nationalists all belonged to the Socialist party (although i will give Pilger credit there, he was consistent in his defence for atrocious war crimes committed by non-western states even though he had no dog in the Hunt as the West equally were prepared to ignore what was going on).

It's not about equivalence it's about having no time for people like Pilger who only has an axe to grind because Western Capitalism triumphed over Socialism, to the point where he has so much beef with American imperialism that he will forgive or ignore it where he sees it elsewhere.

You forgot to call him a racist and an anti-Semite.

You really think his decades long career and the mileage he's slogged at the front (as opposed to sitting on his arse in air conditioned offices pontificating and avoiding advertising conflicts) is a protracted sulk at the fate of socialism?

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
07-12-2016, 10:38 AM
You forgot to call him a racist and an anti-Semite.

You really think his decades long career and the mileage he's slogged at the front (as opposed to sitting on his arse in air conditioned offices pontificating and avoiding advertising conflicts) is a protracted sulk at the fate of socialism?

No but i think that "protracted sulk" informs his work, and in my view stops him from being taken as seriously as he otherwise might be.

It's the same with Noam Chomsky, he has a brilliant mind in many ways but he is a prisoner of his own "first cause" assumptions.

GP
07-12-2016, 10:39 AM
Back on topic...

Made in Essex.

Brilliant TV. As good as it gets.

Niall_Quinn
07-12-2016, 10:58 AM
PSG 2-2 Ludo

Kano
07-12-2016, 11:21 AM

Everyone is biased, whether you realise that or not, and the ones that can't see or understand that are in more trouble than most. Balanced documentaries are an extremely rare event because the very reason they exist is to put forward a particular argument. I watch dozens a year on a multitude of topics and hardly ever come across a fair minded effort. That doesn't make them any weaker for that reason. And of course, they don't have to be fair and balanced, because the field is upon to anyone to provide a counter argument. So if somebody subscribes to one source or channel of information to assimilate an understanding of the world around them, then they will be all the poorer.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
07-12-2016, 11:40 AM
Everyone is biased, whether you realise that or not, and the ones that can't see or understand that are in more trouble than most. Balanced documentaries are an extremely rare event because the very reason they exist is to put forward a particular argument. I watch dozens a year on a multitude of topics and hardly ever come across a fair minded effort. That doesn't make them any weaker for that reason. And of course, they don't have to be fair and balanced, because the field is upon to anyone to provide a counter argument. So if somebody subscribes to one source or channel of information to assimilate an understanding of the world around them, then they will be all the poorer.

Thanks for that incredibly patronising lecture you've really opened my eyes :lol:

I tend to steer clear of contemporary political documentaries in general because I'm tired of picking grains of truth out of loads of horse shit.

Generally you find the truth of things only ever really becomes apparent many years after the event.

Kano
07-12-2016, 12:13 PM
Sounded like you needed it to be fair, given how even handed you presented yourself in the previous post.

A good documentary should only really be a source of provocation to look into a subject further or challenge an existing point of view. Then it's down to the individual to read and learn around that.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
07-12-2016, 12:35 PM
Sounded like you needed it to be fair, given how even handed you presented yourself in the previous post.

A good documentary should only really be a source of provocation to look into a subject further or challenge an existing point of view. Then it's down to the individual to read and learn around that.

Yes I needed it because I think Pilger is full of shit

It seems to me more that you've filled in the gaps in my opinions, that because I'm critical of Russia and China I'm somehow prepared to give the US a pass.

It's more that I think the argument that the only way to avoid World War Three is to allow the Russians to continue to use Bashar Al-Assad as a puppet dictator is nonsense.

That America is just as bad in different situations doesn't change that either. The US back the Saudis too often because of the amount of money the Al-Saud family has tied up in the US economy and the Saudis are one of the principles financiers of Islamist groups.

That's the US for you, tries to hold two conflicting interests.

Niall_Quinn
07-12-2016, 04:28 PM
Yes I needed it because I think Pilger is full of shit

It seems to me more that you've filled in the gaps in my opinions, that because I'm critical of Russia and China I'm somehow prepared to give the US a pass.

It's more that I think the argument that the only way to avoid World War Three is to allow the Russians to continue to use Bashar Al-Assad as a puppet dictator is nonsense.

That America is just as bad in different situations doesn't change that either. The US back the Saudis too often because of the amount of money the Al-Saud family has tied up in the US economy and the Saudis are one of the principles financiers of Islamist groups.

That's the US for you, tries to hold two conflicting interests.

There's something else here. You are on a hair trigger when it comes to criticism of the west. As I said before, criticism can and does exist outside the landscape of political correctness where the rules dictate we mention pros and cons, deeds and misdeeds in equal and equivalent measures. Ironically the latter seems more apologetic in that everything must be cast in a comparative context before it is considered sincere, your main argument I think. And yet where is the problem in pointing out an isolated incident and stating it's bad, illegal, inhumane, whatever? What's the underlying purpose of applying a Russia/ China label to everything? Is that not just as counterproductive as applying a Great Satan label? Have we all heard of the slaughters in Russia and China's pasts? I think so. Did the US kill 3 million Vietnamese?

A1: Yes.

A2: Yes, but... Russia...

Blink 1nce Quince 2wice
08-12-2016, 12:08 AM
We patronise each other all day don't we?

How did Eastenders turn into Politics?

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
08-12-2016, 09:58 AM
There's something else here. You are on a hair trigger when it comes to criticism of the west. As I said before, criticism can and does exist outside the landscape of political correctness where the rules dictate we mention pros and cons, deeds and misdeeds in equal and equivalent measures. Ironically the latter seems more apologetic in that everything must be cast in a comparative context before it is considered sincere, your main argument I think. And yet where is the problem in pointing out an isolated incident and stating it's bad, illegal, inhumane, whatever? What's the underlying purpose of applying a Russia/ China label to everything? Is that not just as counterproductive as applying a Great Satan label? Have we all heard of the slaughters in Russia and China's pasts? I think so. Did the US kill 3 million Vietnamese?

A1: Yes.

A2: Yes, but... Russia...

That's funny because that's the exact point i make about people like Pilger you point out atrocities committed in non western alligned gulf states, russia, china etc and it's "Yes but the United States".

I don't think i have made myself clearer, I have no time for people who seem to think the only problems in this world are Occidental.

And the difference is I don't and never have denied that Western states are guilty of atrocious acts, the way people like Pilger and Chomsky do with Non Western imperialists.

We had this discussion two weeks ago, you think living in the west is equivalent to living in any of these regimes i criticise I don't and I don't think people who lived in these states who now live in the west think so either. The west is as far from perfect as you can get, Guantanamo for example is an absolute mockery of the principle of justice, so are the historical examples of the US Clandestinely allowing US friendly dictators to take power in other countries.....but I do think it's relative and you don't.

GP
09-12-2016, 07:52 PM
The Grand Tour is boring.

It's not even as good as a Chris Evans Top Gear.

Niall_Quinn
09-12-2016, 08:43 PM
The Grand Tour is boring.

It's not even as good as a Chris Evans Top Gear.

Didn't bother tuning in last Sunday. Forgot it was on. They succeeded where the government failed and got a shitload of cash out of Amazon.

Kano
09-12-2016, 10:54 PM
Master of None is good, pretty funny.

Letters
10-12-2016, 10:15 PM
Walking Dead

FFS, Karl. Just shoot him! Shoot him in the head right now! Annoys me in shows when they do that.

GP
10-12-2016, 10:23 PM
Nah, Coral likes him now.

Kano
10-12-2016, 10:26 PM
Anyone seen Westworld? Hesitant to give it a go but it has a lot people raving about it.

Niall_Quinn
11-12-2016, 12:03 AM
Walking Dead

FFS, Karl. Just shoot him! Shoot him in the head right now! Annoys me in shows when they do that.

Gave up watching that too, boring as shit. This Negan bloke did it for me. Terrible script, terrible everything about him. The actor himself is not bad, but he has fuck all to work with. The guy who wrote the comics started out okay but then just carried it all on for too long.

Will leave TV for a bit now and wait for GoT to come back.

Letters
11-12-2016, 08:02 AM
Anyone seen Westworld? Hesitant to give it a go but it has a lot people raving about it.

Watched the first couple. It was good but didn't really grab me tbh, I haven't watched any more yet.

Marc Overmars
12-12-2016, 10:29 AM
Planet Earth II. :bow:

Finished now. :(

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
12-12-2016, 10:40 AM
Planet Earth II. :bow:

Finished now. :(

Because i rarely if ever watch television i missed it, but what i've seen of it has been worth watching. Might bag myself a copy on blu ray

Watched a bit of it last night, with the Hyenas and the Pidgeon eating Cat Fish.

LDG
12-12-2016, 11:04 AM
Just finished House of Cards S1.

Pretty good, though it's a bit fucking weird. Started S2, but hard to see how i's gonna get going. Starting to get bored.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
12-12-2016, 11:31 AM
Just finished House of Cards S1.

Pretty good, though it's a bit fucking weird. Started S2, but hard to see how i's gonna get going. Starting to get bored.

Perhaps you need to consider that this isn't the series for you then. I loved both the British and American House of Cards (think the American series is better), think Kevin Spacey is fantastic and am interested in American politics (without which i think this would be a bit of a long slog)

LDG
12-12-2016, 11:38 AM
Perhaps you need to consider that this isn't the series for you then. I loved both the British and American House of Cards (think the American series is better), think Kevin Spacey is fantastic and am interested in American politics (without which i think this would be a bit of a long slog)

Enjoyed the first season (wouldn't say it was mind blowing), and Spacey is excellent as always, so wouldn't say it wasn't for me.

I just don't see how it will get better, as it seems to me that it'll end up being the same plot over and over?

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
12-12-2016, 11:59 AM
Enjoyed the first season (wouldn't say it was mind blowing), and Spacey is excellent as always, so wouldn't say it wasn't for me.

I just don't see how it will get better, as it seems to me that it'll end up being the same plot over and over?

Well yes in a sense it's all part of one big plot rather than one individual plot narrative per season.....but yes scheming and blackmail are part of the order of the day as are the Shakespearian fourth wall breaking confidences to the audiences so that we are in on Frank's machinations.

Although that seems to get less and less as we go into series three and four

LDG
12-12-2016, 12:02 PM
Well yes in a sense it's all part of one big plot rather than one individual plot narrative per season.....but yes scheming and blackmail are part of the order of the day as are the Shakespearian fourth wall breaking confidences to the audiences so that we are in on Frank's machinations.

Although that seems to get less and less as we go into series three and four

They couldn't have cast a better actor to do that.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
12-12-2016, 12:36 PM

They couldn't have cast a better actor to do that.

True, Love Kevin Spacey (as an actor, not in the way he loves other men)

GP
12-12-2016, 08:39 PM
Negan :bow:

Letters
12-12-2016, 08:41 PM
Negan :bow:

Just shoot him! Shoot him in the head! Shoot him right now...why are you just standing there while he talks?
Oh...now you've lost the gun you muppet.

:doh:

McNamara That Ghost...
12-12-2016, 11:27 PM
On the Walking Dead:

Negan can bring out a bat to his face quicker than a bullet can reach him from 10 yards or so.

Kano
12-12-2016, 11:38 PM
Saw the first episode of The Night Of, pretty good start.

Letters
13-12-2016, 10:21 AM
On the Walking Dead
Wasn't it one of those ones like when a 'keeper makes a save and the commentator go on about how brilliant it was when actually it just hit him, or 'it' in this case.

Enjoyed the episode, looks like it'll all kick off after the mid-season break :popcorn:

Letters
15-12-2016, 06:47 AM
Black Mirror S3 Ep3

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/originals/54/ef/1c/54ef1cfe2dbd7e8d20f2044346feb75f.png

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
15-12-2016, 07:48 AM
Black Mirror S3 Ep3

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/originals/54/ef/1c/54ef1cfe2dbd7e8d20f2044346feb75f.png

Ah you finally got round to watching that one

Probably my favourite episode, Jerome Flynn is excellent

LDG
10-01-2017, 04:06 PM
Andrew Lincoln, aka Rick Grimes was born Andrew Clutterbuck :lol:

McNamara That Ghost...
10-01-2017, 06:48 PM
Mother dick.

GP
10-01-2017, 08:14 PM
Brooklyn Nine-Nine is genuinely really funny.

LDG
11-01-2017, 03:42 PM
Walking Dead S6 E3

(Yeah, I'm that far behind <_< )

GP
11-01-2017, 03:55 PM
Walking Dead S6 E3

(Yeah, I'm that far behind <_< )

Nicholas is a dumbass.

LDG
11-01-2017, 03:56 PM
Nicholas is a dumbass.

I would have jumped accross to those bushes.

Or thrown him in for being a pussy.

LDG
15-02-2017, 09:14 PM
Stranger Things.

Utterly brilliant.

Niall_Quinn
15-02-2017, 09:20 PM
DUDE - you missed the match!

LDG
15-02-2017, 09:33 PM
DUDE - you missed the match!

:trophy:

Letters
15-02-2017, 09:41 PM
Stranger Things.

Utterly brilliant.

Innit :good:

GP
05-03-2017, 09:19 PM
Top Gear is excellent.

Letters
07-03-2017, 09:09 PM
The Crown :bow:

John Lithgow is excellent as Churchill

Letters
07-03-2017, 09:10 PM
Also - The Walking Dead. Meh. Not as good as it was, suspect it will build to a good season finale

Niall_Quinn
07-03-2017, 09:48 PM
Arsenal Bayern highlights.

Niall_Quinn
25-03-2017, 10:44 PM
The Crown :bow:

John Lithgow is excellent as Churchill

Was very watchable. I was surprised.

Currently watching Iron Fist. It's so shit I can't help watching more, just to see how shit it can get. I really must start writing TV scripts, I could do it in between the morning shit and getting my third coffee.

Niall_Quinn
25-03-2017, 10:45 PM
Also - The Walking Dead. Meh. Not as good as it was, suspect it will build to a good season finale

So boring now. Are we supposed to care that these characters are traumatised in a post apocalyptic world? No shit Sherlock. That was another series that went to shit - mostly because that gay cunt who ruined Dr Who can't keep his fag arse fucking opinions to himself.

Letters
03-04-2017, 09:48 PM
TWD

MrsL "...how does the tiger know which ones to attack?". :lol: Good question

OKish end to a fairly disappointing series. Think it has run its course really.

GP
03-04-2017, 10:26 PM
TWD

MrsL "...how does the tiger know which ones to attack?". :lol: Good question

OKish end to a fairly disappointing series. Think it has run its course really.

https://i.imgur.com/dnbefeb.jpg

Power n Glory
04-04-2017, 07:52 AM
Homeland just keeps getting better.

Letters
04-04-2017, 08:12 AM
:lol: Takes away some of the magic.

Letters
04-04-2017, 08:13 AM
Prison Break

Bit late to the party but just getting in to this, about half way through the first season, very good so far.

Power n Glory
04-04-2017, 08:43 AM
I've been told the same thing but to stop watching after season 1.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
04-04-2017, 09:04 AM
I've been told the same thing but to stop watching after season 1.

i got to about half way through season 2......the advice to stop watching after season 1?.....yeah good advice.

Letters
04-04-2017, 09:25 AM
Yeah, I've heard it's not as good after the first series.

GP
04-04-2017, 09:33 AM
Prison Break descends into nonsense even faster than Lost.

GP
04-04-2017, 09:34 AM
Better Call Saul season 3 starts next week :popcorn:

Power n Glory
04-04-2017, 09:39 AM
Homeland had a similar issue to what I’ve heard about Prison Break. The whole concept and set up of the first series makes it hard to keep churning out series after series without it getting repetitive and trying to live up to the first series. I expected to Homeland to get cancelled after Season 3 but the show has evolved into something special.

Lost was a complete joke of a series. And I stuck with it until the end. Lesson learned and tend to avoid similar series that aren't going anywhere. Had to quit watching The Walking Dead. Recent series has been a train wreck.

Power n Glory
04-04-2017, 09:40 AM
Better Call Saul is fantastic. Surprised they've made a success of Breaking Bad spin off.

Letters
04-04-2017, 09:57 AM
Homeland had a similar issue to what I’ve heard about Prison Break. The whole concept and set up of the first series makes it hard to keep churning out series after series without it getting repetitive and trying to live up to the first series. I expected to Homeland to get cancelled after Season 3 but the show has evolved into something special.

Lost was a complete joke of a series. And I stuck with it until the end. Lesson learned and tend to avoid similar series that aren't going anywhere. Had to quit watching The Walking Dead. Recent series has been a train wreck.

The thing about Lost is that although it was, in some ways, a load of old nonsense which didn't go anywhere - there were some answers but overall it left more questions hanging that it answers.
But actually I don't think there was an episode I didn't enjoy so overall I don't feel I wasted my time sticking with it. I mean, I wasted my time in some senses but you could say that about watching any TV.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
04-04-2017, 10:06 AM
I'm terrible with commitment to tv shows even ones i really like

There was a French show called The Returned which i watched the first series of, absolutely brilliant.....had the same habbit with Lost to provide more questions than answers.....but it was great in that it allowed you to figure things out for yourself before revealing them. Beautifully filmed and very cerebral.

The second series went under the radar but never got round to watching it.

Same with Better Call Saul, i stopped watching about half way through the first series even though i thought it was excellent, in some ways even better than Breaking Bad (the episode that explains Mike's back story is absolutely brilliant). I just lose concentration move on to another series and forget to go back.

Power n Glory
04-04-2017, 10:13 AM
The thing about Lost is that although it was, in some ways, a load of old nonsense which didn't go anywhere - there were some answers but overall it left more questions hanging that it answers.
But actually I don't think there was an episode I didn't enjoy so overall I don't feel I wasted my time sticking with it. I mean, I wasted my time in some senses but you could say that about watching any TV.

You’re right. It was well done throughout. I enjoyed watching every episode up until the last 10 minutes where it lets the whole series down. If I felt they hadn’t been winging it the whole way, it’s a series I’d watch again and speak highly of but it never goes on my ‘must watch tv’ list. Shame really.

Side note - George Lucas praised the writers of the series. Relates to having to wing a saga. ;) Go figure.

http://www.slashfilm.com/lol-george-lucas-to-lost-producers-pretend-youve-planned-the-whole-thing-out-in-advance/

GP
04-04-2017, 10:13 AM
I've been re-watching Community, one of my favourite Sit-coms ever.

Well, up until season 4 anyway.

Letters
04-04-2017, 01:44 PM
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-39489377

Call The Midwife?! :haha:

Really?

:doh:

Niall_Quinn
04-04-2017, 02:02 PM
I'm terrible with commitment to tv shows even ones i really like

There was a French show called The Returned which i watched the first series of, absolutely brilliant.....had the same habbit with Lost to provide more questions than answers.....but it was great in that it allowed you to figure things out for yourself before revealing them. Beautifully filmed and very cerebral.

The second series went under the radar but never got round to watching it.

Same with Better Call Saul, i stopped watching about half way through the first series even though i thought it was excellent, in some ways even better than Breaking Bad (the episode that explains Mike's back story is absolutely brilliant). I just lose concentration move on to another series and forget to go back.

Better Caul Saul Series 3, April 11 I think. I'll watch that.

Maestro
04-04-2017, 06:35 PM
I've been re-watching Community, one of my favourite Sit-coms ever.

Well, up until season 4 anyway.

nothing to watch but I think I'll watch Community gain, loved it too. Ken Jeong is good in that and good cast all round

Maestro
04-04-2017, 06:54 PM

Homeland has a brilliant reference point/fall-back script guide .......world current political affairs, they simply cannot run out of relevant material content. Saul and Dar are brilliant though

GP
04-04-2017, 07:00 PM
nothing to watch but I think I'll watch Community gain, loved it too. Ken Jeong is good in that and good cast all round

Yep, it's really brilliant. Declines a lot after Donald Glover leaves though.

Power n Glory
04-04-2017, 07:59 PM
Homeland has a brilliant reference point/fall-back script guide .......world current political affairs, they simply cannot run out of relevant material content. Saul and Dar are brilliant though

It's evolved into a serious beast. The season based in Kabul was the turning point. You're right about the material. The Alex Jones/Trump arc is great. Brilliant performances from the cast. Dar, Saul, Quinn, Carey...

Maestro
05-04-2017, 09:03 AM
Trying out Betas now, easy watching but light and predictable com

Letters
05-04-2017, 09:04 AM
Enjoying the 3rd series of Broadchurch.

Maestro
05-04-2017, 09:05 AM
It's evolved into a serious beast. The season based in Kabul was the turning point. You're right about the material. The Alex Jones/Trump arc is great. Brilliant performances from the cast. Dar, Saul, Quinn, Carey...

In my opinion it's put all capitol hill drama's in the shade, has both the white house machinations in play plus the field intelligence grit on the go at full throttle

Maestro
05-04-2017, 09:09 AM
Yep, it's really brilliant. Declines a lot after Donald Glover leaves though.

it led me to watching a few Glover stand up shows I'd been blatantly ignoring

Talking about stand up, Chappelle has a couple of new specials out. The Age of Spin and Deep In The Heart of Texas ......and yes Chappelle is still mentally sick, love the guy and his work

Maestro
05-04-2017, 09:12 AM
Enjoying the 3rd series of Broadchurch.

What's it like,largely missed it

Letters
05-04-2017, 09:21 AM
What's it like,largely missed it

Kinda like the first two although this one is about a rape case.

Marc Overmars
05-04-2017, 09:29 AM
Prison Break

Bit late to the party but just getting in to this, about half way through the first season, very good so far.

The first series is genuinely one of the best I've ever seen of any show. All goes bonkers afterwards though, the same problem many of the big US shows around that time suffered from.

Maestro
06-04-2017, 06:56 PM
found some series called Badlands, gonna tuck into it. going in blind

Letters
21-04-2017, 11:14 AM
The first series is genuinely one of the best I've ever seen of any show. All goes bonkers afterwards though, the same problem many of the big US shows around that time suffered from.

Finished Season 1. Was brilliant. Just started Season 2, only seen one episode which was good, will stick with it for now.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
21-04-2017, 01:17 PM
Finished Season 1. Was brilliant. Just started Season 2, only seen one episode which was good, will stick with it for now.

It goes massively down hill half way through season 2.

Season 1 is I agree brilliant

Letters
22-04-2017, 09:54 AM
It goes massively down hill half way through season 2.

Season 1 is I agree brilliant

It's already getting a bit silly. The vet sewing the hand back on :lol: Give me a break!

GP
22-04-2017, 10:02 AM
Atlanta.

I only started watching it because Donald Glover but it's actually really good.

LDG
03-05-2017, 07:53 AM
Goliath :bow:

Brilliant show.

Letters
03-05-2017, 12:08 PM
Prison Break season 2 is getting a bit silly.
Sticking with it for now.

Power n Glory
04-05-2017, 08:38 AM
They've recently brought the series back on Fox.

McNamara That Ghost...
11-06-2017, 05:41 PM
GoT Season 7 episode lengths released.

The final 2 episodes (6 and 7) are 71 minutes and 81 minutes respectively. :lol:

GP
11-06-2017, 06:01 PM
I've seen movies shorter than that.

The Wengerbabies
14-06-2017, 10:37 AM
GoT Season 7 episode lengths released.

The final 2 episodes (6 and 7) are 71 minutes and 81 minutes respectively. :lol:

Just finished binging the first 6 seasons.

Can't wait for season 7

I hope Tyrion gets the Iron Throne in the end.

Letters
13-07-2017, 02:38 PM
Preacher.

Watched the first one and thought it was brilliant. MrsL wasn't so enamoured with it so haven't watched any more.

McNamara That Ghost...
17-07-2017, 08:27 PM
GoT Season 7 Episode 1.

The Hound. :bow:

What a man.

GP
17-07-2017, 08:31 PM
Ed :doh:

McNamara That Ghost...
17-07-2017, 08:37 PM
Which one?

GP
17-07-2017, 09:08 PM
The ginger one

Letters
18-07-2017, 09:05 AM
http://newsthump.com/2017/07/18/disappointment-with-ed-sheerans-game-of-thrones-cameo-as-he-didnt-get-his-cck-out-or-anything/

Thierrymon
24-07-2017, 08:41 AM
Great episode of GoT tonight :bow:

Letters
24-07-2017, 09:14 AM
"Broken"

Brilliant series by Jimmy McGoven. Sean Bean can really act :o.

Letters
24-07-2017, 09:15 AM
Prison Break season 2 is getting a bit silly.
Sticking with it for now.

Season 4 now. MrsL is sticking with it grimly even though we both agree it's getting ridiculous now and has been for some time.
There's way too much of people bumping in to each other, or finding each other with little or no explanation as to how they managed to.
I might put my foot down and say I don't want to watch it any more.

GP
24-07-2017, 09:21 AM
Watched a couple episodes of Doctor Who. Christopher Ecclestone one.

It's very, very silly. Does it get better?

Niall_Quinn
24-07-2017, 09:29 AM
Watched a couple episodes of Doctor Who. Christopher Ecclestone one.

It's very, very silly. Does it get better?

Thankfully yes. You have to stick with it though. Eventually it develops into the most enlightened, insightful and progressive TV you'll ever watch. But that's next season.

GP
24-07-2017, 10:19 AM
Sounds awful.

Letters
24-07-2017, 10:22 AM
I liked Matt Smith's Doctor.
And David Tennant.

Niall_Quinn
24-07-2017, 11:45 AM
Sounds awful.

Racist

Niall_Quinn
24-07-2017, 11:46 AM
I liked Matt Smith's Doctor.
And David Tennant.

In a totally homo way no doubt.

Letters
24-07-2017, 11:47 AM
Of course :loveblush:

McNamara That Ghost...
24-07-2017, 05:41 PM
Got Season 7 episode 2.

I am euphoric at the mere mention of a reunion or first time meeting.

Hot Pie. :bow:

Nymeria. :bow: The animal one that is.

Gazongas. :bow:

The greyscale scene though. :sick:

Thierrymon
24-07-2017, 10:22 PM
I agree, Missandei :drool:

GP
24-07-2017, 10:28 PM
Grey Worm's grey worm :lol:

Marc Overmars
24-07-2017, 10:38 PM
https://youtu.be/vgS2L7WPIO4

Also on Netflix I've just started watching Glow. Seems fun enough thus far.

GP
25-07-2017, 08:32 AM
I liked Glow. I'm a big fan of Marc Maron but seeing Allison Brie's boobies was a welcome bonus.

McNamara That Ghost...
31-07-2017, 05:57 PM
GoT Season 7 episode 3.

Olenna. :bow: What a way to go out.

Safe to say Bran has now drowned. He never listens.

Khaleesi and the Bastard of Winterfell meeting. :faint:

GP
04-08-2017, 03:21 PM
https://www.comedy.co.uk/images/library/comedies/other/red_dwarf_11.jpg

Xhaka Can’t
04-08-2017, 03:30 PM
I'm watching Ozark on Netflix.

Jason Bateman is really good in a serious role.

Thierrymon
07-08-2017, 07:48 AM
Game of Thrones Ep4 :respect::spicy:

GP
07-08-2017, 07:05 PM
Holy fucking shit :faint:

McNamara That Ghost...
07-08-2017, 07:36 PM
It was a bit good.

Drogon. :bow:

Telling that Ballista to fuck off with his tail. :haha:

GP
07-08-2017, 07:57 PM
Dickon :lol:

McNamara That Ghost...
07-08-2017, 08:17 PM
'Fewer'. :bow:

The formerly illiterate man is now the Grammar Nazi. :bow:

Niall_Quinn
09-08-2017, 08:13 PM
Icarus on Netflix. Very much worth the watch.

Thierrymon
14-08-2017, 10:13 AM
GoT Episode 5

Dickon :doh:

Gendry :bow: the second I saw the smithy wheel I knew he was coming back

Anyone catch what Littlefingers note said?

McNamara That Ghost...
14-08-2017, 07:53 PM
It's the note that Sansa wrote, under duress asking Robb to bend the knee. Cateyln instantly knew that was Cersei's words so I imagine Arya would too? Although it didn't seem to be that way for now.

Littlefinger needs to die with Arya donning Ned's face tbf, preferably being choked and being called a you're funny man over and over again.

Nothing fucks you harder than time. :bow:

Ser Davos. :bow:

Drogon's eye when Jon touched his face. :cloud9:

Thierrymon
14-08-2017, 10:02 PM
Ah ok. I am still wondering why Bran hasnt called littlefinger out on all his BS.

Niall_Quinn
14-08-2017, 10:58 PM
It kills me to admit anything is good, but the current season of GoT is probably, if I'm forced under duress to admit it, good. It may even be very good. In some ways, everything about it is polished, professional, on-point, attentive to detail. I don't even mind the fat bastard as much, although I'm still looking forward to him dying.

Only downside so far, there seems to have been a drift away from tits and minge. Disappointing, but somehow the show still manages to remain entertaining.

McNamara That Ghost...
15-08-2017, 06:27 AM
Ah ok. I am still wondering why Bran hasnt called littlefinger out on all his BS.

I think with Bran he has all the information (past, present and future) but he needs a trigger to access it. Only if he is prompted can he say, what he knows.

Thierrymon
21-08-2017, 06:53 AM
GoT episode 6 spoilers.

Well that takes the cake as the most nonsensical episode in the shows history. Still enjoyed the silliness of it though.

But, its looking like maybe Cleganebowl next week :pray:

McNamara That Ghost...
21-08-2017, 04:37 PM
Why nonsensical?

GoT S7 Ep6:

Viserion. :(

Viserion lives!

Niall_Quinn
21-08-2017, 05:51 PM
Great stuff. It hadn't dawned on me that Wenger could bring the dragon back.

Letters
24-08-2017, 11:49 AM
Hello, hello, what's all this shouting? We'll have no trouble here...

https://www.theguardian.com/tv-and-radio/2017/aug/24/welcome-back-league-of-gentlemen-you-work-of-utter-despicable-genius?CMP=fb_gu

:dance:

Thierrymon
28-08-2017, 04:30 AM
Well that was one hell of a finale for GoT. The writing definitely way better than in the mess of an episode last week. Gutted it's now over for 1-2 years.

Jon and Dany ## but also little bit :sick:

Cersei :bow: glad she survived the year (i didnt expect her to). Lena and Peter are best the actors remaining in the show imo. Their scene was really good.

Littlefinger ::haha:saw that coming but it was still great

McNamara That Ghost...
28-08-2017, 06:54 AM
GoT S7 Ep 7.My only regret of Littlefinger's demise is that Arya didn't wear Ned's face doing it. :lol:

The wall. :rose:

Cersei is a fucking loon. Now she has lost Jaime seemingly.

Aegon Targaryen. :bow:

Master Splinter
28-08-2017, 07:04 AM
Match Reaction:

Littlefinger :haha:.

A character as vile and prevalent as him probably deserved a more drawn-out punishment though.

McNamara That Ghost...
28-08-2017, 07:10 AM
Arya can wear his face now.

One last Littlefinger/Varys scene. :bow:

Master Splinter
28-08-2017, 07:20 AM
As well you know:

So Jon will be the kid's dad/cousin and Daenarys will be it's mum/great aunt.

School :rose:.

Master Splinter
28-08-2017, 07:22 AM
Arya can wear his face now.

One last Littlefinger/Varys scene. :bow:

She could have sorted out/fucked up the whole kingdom with those faces by now tbf.

Poor use of her abilities imo.

Master Splinter
28-08-2017, 07:28 AM
I must say also:

I was fully expecting the zombie dragon to turn all the water to ice so the army of the dead can just walk over it. I assume it doesn't have that ability then?

McNamara That Ghost...
28-08-2017, 07:34 AM
I think there's just too many of them to make it over or risk it. I guess when you've got a reanimated dragon this is probably the safest option.

Although the Night King did look to be saying fuck these slow fucks and is already riding down to Winterfell. Hold up buddy!

Master Splinter
28-08-2017, 07:37 AM
http://www.tvovermind.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/02/endingstory_web-1428705319.png

Thierrymon
28-08-2017, 07:39 AM
She could have sorted out/fucked up the whole kingdom with those faces by now tbf.

Poor use of her abilities imo.

The same could be said for Bran to an extent. I reckon he has been spending too much time using his 'vision' perving on hotties like Missandei. The ultimate vr porn.

Lucky bastard....

McNamara That Ghost...
28-08-2017, 07:41 AM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DG6ZX7fXUAALB8o.jpg

Thierrymon
28-08-2017, 08:10 AM
:haha::haha:

Did you make that?

McNamara That Ghost...
28-08-2017, 08:32 AM
No, sadly not. :lol:

Letters
28-08-2017, 04:46 PM
Struggled through to the end of Prison Break Season 4.
Gets quite silly, full of improbable coincidences and plot holes but reasonably enjoyable and gets quite good again towards the end.

Niall_Quinn
28-08-2017, 04:49 PM
Struggled through to the end of Prison Break Season 4.
Gets quite silly, full of improbable coincidences and plot holes but reasonably enjoyable and gets quite good again towards the end.

I already told you to stop watching at the end of Season 1. WTF didn't you do as instructed?