PDA

View Full Version : Transfer targets in January

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Cripps_orig
06-12-2011, 10:34 PM
After todays shocker which confirmed what we all knew that we need players, the question is what positions?

We have no fit full back at the club atm. We have very dodgy cover for SirChesney. Need a creative midfielder in the Goetze/Hazard mould. A striker to take pressure and to cover for RVP when hes out with injury.

4 or 5 players at least

McNamara That Ghost...
06-12-2011, 10:37 PM
Goetze and Jason Roberts.

Cripps_orig
06-12-2011, 10:38 PM
Goetze and Jason Roberts.No chance. Far too good for us and will be too expensive

Goetze might come though

Marc Overmars
06-12-2011, 10:42 PM
Wenger will buy no player mentioned in this thread.

milla
06-12-2011, 10:43 PM
Right now, I think Hazard is much better suit for us, we desperately need someone (special) to deputy Gervinho & Feo on the wing. Will only take Goetze if Wenger plans to use him as an upgrade of Welsh Lumpard. :coffee:

Cripps_orig
06-12-2011, 10:45 PM
Im worried about the Full Back situation tbh

God knows how long Sagna is out for still and Jenkinson isnt good enough.

On the other side, we have perma crock Gibbs and now Santos seems to be injured.

GP
06-12-2011, 10:50 PM
I think the most pressing priority is a back-up striker, a new face for MO and another fullback.

Letters
06-12-2011, 10:52 PM
a new face for MO.

We don't have that kind of money.

milla
06-12-2011, 10:54 PM
We don't have that kind of money.

Sell the ring then, call off the wedding and get a new face for MO. :sulk:

Joker
06-12-2011, 11:05 PM
We need a left back, another striker, a goalkeeper and probably a wide player because Arshavin is offering nothing at the moment, and I'm still not convinced by Benayoun despite his great goal today.

However, it's obvious that Wenger won't sign anyone, because he trusts that this squad of players is good enough to finish 4th and has enough endurance to cope with performing in 3 competitions concurrently (League, FA Cup, Champions League) He'll be proved wrong in the summer, but as long as the money keeps rolling in no one on the board is going to give a shit.

Xhaka Can’t
06-12-2011, 11:31 PM
Holy fuck, what is it like being so miserable all the time? Do you actually get enjoyment when your misery is 'validated' after a setback - however non consequential it may be?

Joker
06-12-2011, 11:34 PM
It's not misery, simply trepidation about what will happen if Wenger doesn't make the necessary reinforcements in January.

Ollie the Optimist
06-12-2011, 11:42 PM
Im worried about the Full Back situation tbh

God knows how long Sagna is out for still and Jenkinson isnt good enough.

On the other side, we have perma crock Gibbs and now Santos seems to be injured.

jesus. jenkison is good enough, he has played well when he has been picked. he is young, new to the club and was in conferenece a year ago and so far has been briliant. give him a chance ffs

Cripps_orig
06-12-2011, 11:50 PM
jesus. jenkison is good enough, he has played well when he has been picked. he is young, new to the club and was in conferenece a year ago and so far has been briliant. give him a chance ffshe's injured anyway so still need another RB and LB

BOBN
07-12-2011, 10:15 AM
Right now, I think Hazard is much better suit for us, we desperately need someone (special) to deputy Gervinho & Feo on the wing. Will only take Goetze if Wenger plans to use him as an upgrade of Welsh Lumpard. :coffee:

Not true, goetze can and does play wide.

Harzard, for now, is an overrated player

LDG
07-12-2011, 10:20 AM
An attacking midfielder and a top class striker.

And a new medical team.

milla
07-12-2011, 10:38 AM
Not true, goetze can and does play wide.

Harzard, for now, is an overrated player

Goetze does play wide but only wide on the right not left. We have Feo and Chambo there but only Gerv on the left side. Harzard is overrated but there is no doubt of his massive talent. :coffee:

milla
07-12-2011, 10:39 AM
An attacking midfielder and a top class striker.

And a new medical team.

Bentley, Heskey and Dr Singh FTW. :coffee:

BOBN
07-12-2011, 10:57 AM
Goetze does play wide but only wide on the right not left. We have Feo and Chambo there but only Gerv on the left side. Harzard is overrated but there is no doubt of his massive talent. :coffee:
I can agree with that, just dont want another nasri - all technique, no penetration, no balls. Gotze has a big player mentality. hes german for petes sake, they strut around like theyre top players even when theyre not.

Grebbo
07-12-2011, 11:10 AM
We urgently need a back up GK, striker and first choice left back.

It takes Wenger about 3 years to react to needing to make a new signing so don't expect anything in January.

milla
07-12-2011, 11:29 AM
I can agree with that, just dont want another nasri - all technique, no penetration, no balls. Gotze has a big player mentality. hes german for petes sake, they strut around like theyre top players even when theyre not.

If look at how they play Nasri is much similar to Goetze than Hazard. Hazard (similar to Gerv) is a real wide forward with raw pace and Gotze (Rosicky) is typical Wenger's CAM playing on the flanks. :coffee:

Olivier's xmas twist
07-12-2011, 11:34 AM
he's injured anyway so still need another RB and LB

We don't need a RB Jenko is fine and Sagna will be back come feb anyway. Its LB what we need.

We need a top striker, wenger needs to break the bank tbh. Id say go for Gotze now His club are out of Europe all together.

Coney
07-12-2011, 12:18 PM
Wenger will buy no player mentioned in this thread.

Great.

Diaby Diaby Diaby Diaby Diaby Diaby Diaby Diaby Diaby Diaby Diaby Diaby Diaby Diaby Diaby Diaby Diaby Diaby

BOBN
07-12-2011, 02:05 PM
If look at how they play Nasri is much similar to Goetze than Hazard. Hazard (similar to Gerv) is a real wide forward with raw pace and Gotze (Rosicky) is typical Wenger's CAM playing on the flanks. :coffee:
personally id buy gotze for CAM only then buy a wide forward who can play central when RVP is out because no good centre forward will come to be a RVP reserve. someone similar to suarez in style (said we should buy him at the time but it didnt happen).

I dont see hazard as a natural wide player.

milla
07-12-2011, 03:17 PM
personally id buy gotze for CAM only then buy a wide forward who can play central when RVP is out because no good centre forward will come to be a RVP reserve. someone similar to suarez in style (said we should buy him at the time but it didnt happen).

I dont see hazard as a natural wide player.

Err.. Hazard is wide forward, he always start from wide area and will drift in and out. Exactly like Gerv but different style (pretty in the eye LOL). Goetze can never be cover for RVP, he is too small. :coffee:

milla
07-12-2011, 03:17 PM
Great.

Diaby Diaby Diaby Diaby Diaby Diaby Diaby Diaby Diaby Diaby Diaby Diaby Diaby Diaby Diaby Diaby Diaby Diaby

He is already in our book, numpty! :coffee:

Master Splinter
07-12-2011, 04:05 PM
Hazard is pretty assisty tbf.

His creativity would only improve under Wenger.

He's going to Real Madrid though, so stop setting yourselves up for despair.

Cripps_orig
07-12-2011, 04:06 PM
Hazard is pretty assisty tbf.

His creativity would only improve under Wenger.

He's going to Real Madrid though, so stop setting yourselves up for despair.Best way to go to Spain is to come to us first tbh

Coney
07-12-2011, 06:02 PM
He is already in our book, numpty! :coffee:

I know. It was a joke. Not a great one, I'll admit. Not perfect in it's logic. But a joke. :(

Master Splinter
07-12-2011, 06:41 PM
a joke. Not great. Not perfect. a joke. :(

Excellent description of your face.

Cripps_orig
07-12-2011, 08:02 PM
Shaqiri :pray:

Coney
07-12-2011, 08:17 PM
Excellent description of your face.

I wondered why my wife was always laughing. :(

tigerthesmurf85
07-12-2011, 08:30 PM
Goetze/Hazard/Reus/Granero 1 of them in that order of preference.

Podolski/Soldado/Llorente 1 of them in that order of preference.

A full-back would be good too.

tigerthesmurf85
07-12-2011, 08:31 PM
Goetze/Hazard/Reus/Granero 1 of them in that order of preference.

Podolski/Soldado/Llorente 1 of them in that order of preference.

A full-back would be good too.

Or Shaqiri!!

Cripps_orig
07-12-2011, 08:38 PM
Van Der Wiel for a right back

tigerthesmurf85
07-12-2011, 08:38 PM
Van Der Wiel for a right back

Can he play left-back as well?

milla
07-12-2011, 09:48 PM
Lille is out of CL, 5 points behind leader in the league. If Wenger wants Hazard, there will be no better time to get him than this Jan transfer. :coffee:

Özim
07-12-2011, 10:21 PM
Lille is out of CL, 5 points behind leader in the league. If Wenger wants Hazard, there will be no better time to get him than this Jan transfer. :coffee:
Hazard won't be coming dude, too many obstacles in the way of this deal.

milla
07-12-2011, 10:31 PM
Hazard won't be coming dude, too many obstacles in the way of this deal.

The only obstacle is Wenger, if he says yes, we will get him. The same way he did with Nasri and Arshavin. :coffee:

Özim
07-12-2011, 10:32 PM
The only obstacle is Wenger, if he says yes, we will get him. The same way he did with Nasri and Arshavin. :coffee:
The price and the likes of Real are the other obstacles of course.

milla
07-12-2011, 10:33 PM

Reyes wouldnt be a bad idea. Perfect cover on either side of the flanks, bags of experience and still only 28. :coffee:

Özim
07-12-2011, 10:35 PM
Yup I agree, quality player, 20 years of age and plays for a Swiss side....perfect signing.

McNamara That Ghost...
07-12-2011, 10:50 PM
Yeah but a Swiss side that are still in the Champions League, whereas he couldn't play for us in it. One for the summer, maybe.

Olivier's xmas twist
08-12-2011, 12:04 PM

Rather have Gotze tbh,

Olivier's xmas twist
08-12-2011, 12:05 PM
Yup I agree, quality player, 20 years of age and plays for a Swiss side....perfect signing.

When were the swiss known for having quality or have i misread that.

Cripps_orig
08-12-2011, 12:18 PM
Rather have Gotze tbh,Shaqiri is just as good and cheaper

Olivier's xmas twist
08-12-2011, 12:20 PM
Shaqiri is just as good and cheaper

Get both lol

Cripps_orig
08-12-2011, 12:21 PM
We should but we wont get either cos both are too well known, neither are French or African, they dont play in France and most importantly, Wenger is a mong when it comes to getting quality players

Coney
08-12-2011, 12:30 PM
Yeah but a Swiss side that are still in the Champions League, whereas he couldn't play for us in it. One for the summer, maybe.

Doesn't matter - if he is that good and we wait till summer, he will be gone. There are a lot of good players who are Cl cup-tied for this season but I don't think that should stop us in January. Given how long players seem to need to bed in, I think we have to hope people like RvP remain fit enough for our CL games and newbies focus on the PL.

McNamara That Ghost...
08-12-2011, 12:38 PM
Doesn't matter - if he is that good and we wait till summer, he will be gone. There are a lot of good players who are Cl cup-tied for this season but I don't think that should stop us in January. Given how long players seem to need to bed in, I think we have to hope people like RvP remain fit enough for our CL games and newbies focus on the PL.

It might not 'stop' us trying to get him but it might stop him from joining.

Olivier's xmas twist
08-12-2011, 12:39 PM

he might want to play in the CL this season though, our best chance would be the summer.

Cripps_orig
08-12-2011, 12:41 PM
Fortunately for Arsenal, (if we are interested which we probably arent for the reasons i give above) Shaqiri wont be playing at Euro 2012 so his price wont rocket.

For some reason, i can see Hamburg getting him. They have a knack of getting quality young players

Coney
08-12-2011, 01:19 PM
It might not 'stop' us trying to get him but it might stop him from joining.

True. :doh:

tigerthesmurf85
08-12-2011, 05:34 PM
Goetze available for £30m apparently. How much would Shaqiri cost?

Cripps_orig
08-12-2011, 05:35 PM
Goetze available for £30m apparently. How much would Shaqiri cost?

Way less

£10m id say

tigerthesmurf85
08-12-2011, 05:36 PM
Way less

£10m id say

That little? I'm not so sure. I'd say at least £15m. Either way, he's a brilliant player and I've been very impressed with him every time I've seen him. Same can be said of Goetze though.

selassie
12-12-2011, 11:10 AM
There seems to be a lot of talk about Goetze, I can only see us getting him if we pay full whack and aggressively pursuit him which we won't so I can't see him coming here.

I think someone like Marvin Martin who we were heavily linked with in the summer seems a more realistic target, he'll be cheaper, he's french, less coveted, basically a typical Wenger signing.

Not sure what's happening with other positions but I think we could do with a new Experienced backup keeper & a top quality Forward to cover for RVP.

Dog Toffee
12-12-2011, 12:33 PM
We only need a decent striker. But considering Wenger brought in Park and Chamakh in the summer, and we have Fatshavin, he wont buy one.

Therefore we wont be getting anyone.

AKBapologist
12-12-2011, 01:09 PM
I think it would actually be cheaper to genetically clone RVP than replace him with anything on the world market. We could clone Henry too.

Would have to wait a couple of decades for them to come good mind...

Marc Overmars
12-12-2011, 01:25 PM
We should just get Henry on loan for a month or 2 if we're not going to buy tbh.

Shaqiri Is Boss
12-12-2011, 01:31 PM
Van Persie please.

McNamara That Ghost...
12-12-2011, 01:34 PM
I think this should be the designated transfer muppet thread for January. The other one should be closed really.

Cripps_orig
12-12-2011, 02:08 PM
Everton want Henry :lol:

We should get Iker Muniain

Dog Toffee
12-12-2011, 04:05 PM
Van Persie please.

This x 1000. We need to be putting all our effort and money into keeping VP. If we lose him I honestly think Wenger will quit too, and maybe rightly so as all his hard work seems to be wasted on losing our best players too greed.

LDG
12-12-2011, 04:22 PM
You want to sell RVP to the bin dippers?

Cripps_orig
12-12-2011, 04:35 PM
http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2896/premier-league/2011/12/12/2799227/arsenal-manager-arsene-wenger-rules-out-january-move-for

Wenger wont be buying any midfielders then in january

Goetze :rose:

Wenger :doh:

Cripps_orig
13-12-2011, 02:02 AM
Arsenal are believed to be preparing to make a move for Real Madrid striker Karim Benzema. Full story: footylatest.com:lol: no chance

Dog Toffee
13-12-2011, 08:00 AM
You want to sell RVP to the bin dippers?

Binndhippers? No, its spelt Abu Dhabi

McNamara That Ghost...
13-12-2011, 08:39 AM
Binndhippers? No, its spelt Abu Dhabi

You quoted a Liverpool fan initially. :doh:

Master Splinter
13-12-2011, 10:03 AM
RVP to Barcelona or Real Madrid as well according to most papers.

Swap deal with Ronaldo, Higuain, Benzema, Alonso + £120m sounds fair tbh.

Marc Overmars
13-12-2011, 10:07 AM
Get RVP signed up ASAP, ideally before the end of the season. Break the bank if we have to, just get it done.

Master Splinter
13-12-2011, 10:11 AM
Although if he did move elsewhere, I would gain some pleasure from learning he's out for the season the day after signing.

Would be all kinds of funny.

Kano
13-12-2011, 10:15 AM
Get RVP signed up ASAP, ideally before the end of the season. Break the bank if we have to, just get it done.

not as simple as that, he holds all the cards now. no matter what we offer, it can be topped elsewhere.

he'll leave in the summer and head off to italy or spain, def not in the uk.

Marc Overmars
13-12-2011, 10:19 AM
If he leaves then we might as well give up.

Japan Shaking All Over
13-12-2011, 10:19 AM
The only PL team RvP would whore himself out to is us. . . .I say he stays!

Olivier's xmas twist
13-12-2011, 10:21 AM

Or try and win something and he might just stay.

Master Splinter
13-12-2011, 10:22 AM
If he leaves then we might as well give up.

Remember we have Chamakh, Park, Walcott, Gervinho and Freeman.

Don't forget Arshavin, Benayoun, Diaby and Eastmond can play there too.

What do we do with all these players?

Niall_Quinn
13-12-2011, 12:51 PM
Remember we have Chamakh, Park, Walcott, Gervinho and Freeman.

Don't forget Arshavin, Benayoun, Diaby and Eastmond can play there too.

What do we do with all these players?

Sell them and use the money to pay RvP.

gunsofashburtongrove
13-12-2011, 01:57 PM
We'll try to sell more than we buy. If we do buy we will buy a versatile forward. Podolski, Kalou all look like possibilities.

LDG
13-12-2011, 02:07 PM
http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-archive/-we-can-afford-to-buy-if-we-want-to-buy-

Arsène Wenger says Arsenal's financial situation puts them in a strong position to buy should he wish to add to his squad in January.

The transfer window opens at the end of this month, shortly before Gervinho and Marouane Chamakh head off on international duty at the Africa Cup of Nations.

Speaking at a supporters Q&A at Emirates Stadium last week, Wenger admitted that the fitness levels of his squad would influence his movements in the transfer market. But if he does decide to recruit, he has the funds to do so.

"We lose players like Chamakh and Gervinho to the Africa Cup of Nations, so hopefully touch wood we do not get any injuries to our strikers," he said. "But if an opportunity turns up in that department then we will buy.

"The situation, I must say, is a bit special. Economically the whole environment has changed and people suffer more. The clubs will suffer more financially and it's much more difficult.

"Maybe we will have some opportunities because we are in a good financial situation."

:haha:

Marc Overmars
13-12-2011, 02:13 PM
He always makes it sound as if signing players is the hardest job in the world.

Yet when his head was on the block in August, he had no trouble then...

fakeyank
13-12-2011, 02:23 PM
He always makes it sound as if signing players is the hardest job in the world.

Yet when his head was on the block in August, he had no trouble then...

It was the board who made the signings, obviously :rolleyes:

Syn
13-12-2011, 02:26 PM
But that was only after the waiting period was observed tbf to him.

And then with new signings, you must go through the adaptation period.

And don't forget as well yknow that we as well have Santos to come back from injury and he can also play up front.

One thing's for sure,the sacking period has taken a long time.

Fist of Lehmann
13-12-2011, 02:27 PM
Wasn't he in some kind of conference in Europe when we signed the last-minute 5?

Do you reckon he texted his negotiations?

"arteta offer a paycut lol"

Syn
13-12-2011, 02:28 PM
Wasn't he in some kind of conference in Europe when we signed the last-minute 5?

:lol:

Letters
13-12-2011, 02:28 PM
It was the board who made the signings, obviously :rolleyes:

It was both.

We're lightweight enough up front, if Gervinho's off for a month he surely has to sign someone.

fakeyank
13-12-2011, 03:03 PM

Cripps_orig
13-12-2011, 03:14 PM
It was both.

We're lightweight enough up front, if Gervinho's off for a month he surely has to sign someone.It will kill Park

Olivier's xmas twist
13-12-2011, 03:17 PM
It will kill Park

LMAO

Niall_Quinn
13-12-2011, 03:29 PM
http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-archive/-we-can-afford-to-buy-if-we-want-to-buy-

Let me guess, we have £35mill to spend... yawn. We run the risk of this moderate resurgence being completely derailed should we pick up a few (more) key injuries. We still don't have the necessary strength in depth in key areas, particularly up front. If we want to build on the last few months then we have to buy and we have to buy quality. But we won't. Wenger has an almost unbelievable blind spot when it comes to Chamakh. He seems to think this guy is an option when everything Chamakh does proves beyond doubt he's no option at all and in reality his presence means we're a man short. I don't think we necessarily need a big name, just a solid an proven goalscorer who will give us a threat up front should RvP get injured. Then we get rid of Chamakh (for free if need be) add Park and we have a couple of emergency strikers that might be the difference between sustaining the recovery or collapsing backwards. I really hope they don't fuck around this transfer window - but they will.

Shaqiri Is Boss
13-12-2011, 03:41 PM
Let me guess, we have £35mill to spend...

I have just the player you need!

http://img.metro.co.uk/i/pix/2011/03/02/article-1299057562579-0D59091F000005DC-146445_636x355.jpg

Syn
13-12-2011, 03:51 PM
All sarcasm/snarky comments aside, I would love it if we signed Carroll for £35m. The money doesn't really matter...£15m, £80m whatever - if you have the budget to sign a player and he's the player you want, then get him. No questions are asked now of Rooney's £30m. Or even Alex Chamberlain's £12m or whatever it was. He'd probably get more game time than he is at Liverpool. Very underrated striker.

Make it so, Arsene.

Cripps_orig
13-12-2011, 03:52 PM
I have just the player you need!

http://img.metro.co.uk/i/pix/2011/03/02/article-1299057562579-0D59091F000005DC-146445_636x355.jpg

What do we do with the other £34m?

Shaqiri Is Boss
13-12-2011, 04:01 PM
What do we do with the other £34m?
Secure Van Persie for the next 5 years?

Or lottery tickets.

Fist of Lehmann
13-12-2011, 04:08 PM
Secure Van Persie for the next 5 years?

Or lottery tickets.Suarez pls.

Shaqiri Is Boss
13-12-2011, 04:10 PM
Suarez pls.

You may as well bid for him.

He'll be gone by 2013, imo.

fakeyank
13-12-2011, 04:21 PM
All sarcasm/snarky comments aside, I would love it if we signed Carroll for £35m. The money doesn't really matter...£15m, £80m whatever - if you have the budget to sign a player and he's the player you want, then get him. No questions are asked now of Rooney's £30m. Or even Alex Chamberlain's £12m or whatever it was. He'd probably get more game time than he is at Liverpool. Very underrated striker.

Make it so, Arsene.

A lot of people questioned AOC's move.. I still question it! Not because I dont rate him.. boy is a gem but at 12 million quid, he was very expensive not to be used in the games. He is 100 times more effective offensively than Theo and Gervinho combined. I will not bring Arshavin because he is just a fat fuck and absolutely clueless and a huge liability.

LDG
13-12-2011, 04:27 PM
A lot of people questioned AOC's move.. I still question it! Not because I dont rate him.. boy is a gem but at 12 million quid, he was very expensive not to be used in the games. He is 100 times more effective offensively than Theo and Gervinho combined. I will not bring Arshavin because he is just a fat fuck and absolutely clueless and a huge liability.

He hasn't cost us 12 million quid though.

Dunno how many times it's been said, but the money is based on appearances, and certain milestones. He's probs only cost us about 5mil so far.

fakeyank
13-12-2011, 04:32 PM
He hasn't cost us 12 million quid though.

Dunno how many times it's been said, but the money is based on appearances, and certain milestones. He's probs only cost us about 5mil so far.

We really dont know the amount we have paid so far. As for the total amount, I have read 15 million quid as being the final amount. Even in terms of paying based on appearances and milestones, 15 million quid for a player from league 1 was a lot for him not to be starting... we couldve used a lot of that money to buy an established
international.

Syn
13-12-2011, 04:42 PM
We really dont know the amount we have paid so far. As for the total amount, I have read 15 million quid as being the final amount. Even in terms of paying based on appearances and milestones, 15 million quid for a player from league 1 was a lot for him not to be starting... we couldve used a lot of that money to buy an established
international.

But apparently there's still a fuckload of money to spend because the board are supplying money but Wenger's not spending, right? So what difference does it make whether we signed AOC?

Anyway, he'll obviously start featuring regularly quite soon - probably when Gerv goes away in Jan.

Kano
13-12-2011, 04:51 PM
You may as well bid for him.

He'll be gone by 2013, imo.

spot on. your lot will be in a similar position, 4-6th still and his star will continue to rise. he'll be off to madrid i reckon, the perfect match.

Kano
13-12-2011, 04:52 PM
He is 100 times more effective offensively than Theo and Gervinho combined.

er, no he isn't.

Fist of Lehmann
13-12-2011, 05:15 PM
The kind of player you're talking about, an international winger who would come straight into the side and perform to a level over and above Walcott would cost in excess of £15m and be on a fair whack of wages.

We're talking about names like Gotze, Shaqira or Podolski. £20m barest minimum.

The Ox Chamber has cost us a fraction of that on both counts and represents a potentially large sell-on profit. It might seem wrongheaded to reduce everything to bald economic considerations but those are the realities of how the club is being run atm.

I've heard murmurings of the club being 'ready' to spend big in the near future, but we've heard similar murmurings before. It's hard not be sceptical.

As for playing Foxy Chambermaid instead of Walcott, my overriding impression is that Wenger plays Theo because he has paid the dues of his seniority. It's not his way to drop a player who he feels has earnt his chance.

Besides which, why change a winning team? It's not as if Walcott is playing terribly, not in every match anyway.

Not only that but I think Hideous Theo needs to improve his defensive work, something Normal Theo has improved notably this season.

Syn
13-12-2011, 05:21 PM
Not only that but I think Hideous Theo needs to improve his defensive work, something Normal Theo has improved notably this season.

Well that's blatantly the main reason. Whatever you think of Theo and Gerv's attacking abilities they sprint back (Theo more than Gerv from what I've seen) to help out the fullbacks. Oxlade might be more threatening or capable of more in attack (which is debatable...we have no idea if he can be consistently dangerous) but nothing should disrupt the defensive work-ethic of the team.

Say what you want about Van Persie having to deal with all the pressure of scoring goals, it's nice for the striker to know that one goal will probably do it.

Master Splinter
13-12-2011, 06:57 PM
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2073569/Alexander-Hleb-released-Wolfsburg.html

Hleb :haha:.

He'll be assisting the passer who assisted the winger who assisted the striker for Doncaster soon.

Syn
13-12-2011, 07:02 PM
We must sign him. Offer him Chamakh's wages. He has seen the error of his ways - everybody deserves a second chance. We must bring Aliak back home.

Xhaka Can’t
13-12-2011, 07:29 PM
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2073569/Alexander-Hleb-released-Wolfsburg.html

He'll be assisting the passer who assisted the winger who assisted the striker for Doncaster soon.

However, persistent injuries have hindered his progress...

Sign him up!

fakeyank
13-12-2011, 07:46 PM
The kind of player you're talking about, an international winger who would come straight into the side and perform to a level over and above Walcott would cost in excess of £15m and be on a fair whack of wages.

We're talking about names like Gotze, Shaqira or Podolski. £20m barest minimum.

The Ox Chamber has cost us a fraction of that on both counts and represents a potentially large sell-on profit. It might seem wrongheaded to reduce everything to bald economic considerations but those are the realities of how the club is being run atm.

I've heard murmurings of the club being 'ready' to spend big in the near future, but we've heard similar murmurings before. It's hard not be sceptical.

As for playing Foxy Chambermaid instead of Walcott, my overriding impression is that Wenger plays Theo because he has paid the dues of his seniority. It's not his way to drop a player who he feels has earnt his chance.

Besides which, why change a winning team? It's not as if Walcott is playing terribly, not in every match anyway.

Its not the fact that OAC is not starting, its the fact that he does not even get on when we need pace. Why is he not ahead of Arshavin, Rosicky, Chakma from the bench?

fakeyank
13-12-2011, 07:48 PM
We must sign him. Offer him Chamakh's wages. He has seen the error of his ways - everybody deserves a second chance. We must bring Aliadiere back home.

:gp:

Coney
13-12-2011, 09:11 PM
We must sign him. Offer him Chamakh's wages. He has seen the error of his ways - everybody deserves a second chance. We must bring Cygan back home.

Cripps_orig
13-12-2011, 09:16 PM
Arsenal target Lucas Biglia is open to a move to England, with Arsene Wenger ready to make a January bid for the Anderlecht man.

Biglia has been linked with a move to Manchester United but it appears Arsenal are eager to approach the midfielder before the champions firm up their interest.

Arsene Wenger is keen to add more options in midfield and sees Biglia as the ideal signing, with the Argentina international valued at around £9m.

Anderlecht want to keep Biglia, but sources in Belgium suggest the 25-year-old would welcome the chance to make a name for himself in the Premier League.

His contract expires in 2015 and that puts Anderlecht in a strong position but Arsenal will not give up in their pursuit of the highly-rated defensive midfielder, who has six caps for his country.

http://www.talksport.co.uk/sports-news/football/premier-league/transfer-rumours/1373/22/arsenal-get-biglia-boost-anderlecht-ace-open-switch

Cripps_orig
13-12-2011, 09:23 PM
spot on. your lot will be in a similar position, 4-6th still and his star will continue to rise. he'll be off to madrid i reckon, the perfect match.Quality player for a quality team, i agree

Would have loved him here from Ajax but it would have killed Bendtner

Master Splinter
13-12-2011, 09:45 PM
Biglia :bow:.

Shaqiri Is Boss
13-12-2011, 09:50 PM
Quality player for a quality team, i agree

Would have loved him here from Ajax but it would have killed Bendtner

At least Madrid will offer money for a player rather than get in the players' heads so they can force millions off the price. Like another certain Spanish club.

Master Splinter
13-12-2011, 09:51 PM
Malaga are twats, yes.

Cripps_orig
14-12-2011, 02:05 AM
Chelsea are ready to cut their losses on out-of-form striker Fernando Torres and will accept an offer of £20m for the Spaniard in January. Their valuation represents a loss of £30m on the fee they paid Liverpool in January of this year. Full story: Daily MailAC Milan's Taye Taiwo has emerged as the potential answer to Arsenal's full-back shortage. Full story: MetroA taunt of "Thursday night, Channel 5" - a reference to Manchester City's elimination from the Champions League - from Ashley Cole sparked a confrontation between Chelsea and City players in the tunnel after the Blues' 2-1 win on Monday. Full story: Daily MirrorCheeky bid for Torres? Taiwo has been pretty good whenever I've seen him. Cole :bow: what a legend

Flavs
14-12-2011, 08:39 AM
I need a new striker, if i had picked helguson instead of Bothroyd i would have been better. Also in hinesight Torres was a gamble that didnt work.

Flavs
14-12-2011, 08:44 AM

Was awesome in Germany the first time, good for us and then disappeared up his own arse and is now just a never was

Olivier's xmas twist
14-12-2011, 10:53 AM
TOTTENHAM boss Harry Redknapp is plotting a sensational move for Manchester City outcast Carlos Tevez.
Spurs have made enquiries about a £20million offer for the Argie rebel which could reunite him with on-loan City star Emmanuel Adebayor at White Hart Lane.

A source close to the talks said: "People at Tottenham reckon a deal like this could be bigger than anything since they signed Jurgen Klinsmann.

"There's definite interest. The big stumbling block could be whether or not City are prepared to do business with a team now regarded as one of their rivals for the title."

City want Tevez out after a string of run-ins with boss Roberto Mancini but the Italian is adamant only a permanent deal will do.

The striker's £198,000-a-week wages would shatter Spurs' pay structure.

But the insider added: "There are some who reckon Tevez signing would pretty much guarantee Champions League football and that it would be worth the investment."

AC Milan want Tevez on an initial loan deal and vice-president Adriano Galliani said: "We know we have the player's agreement but we hope he'll not agree with other clubs."

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/3997125/Transfer-news-Tottenham-want-Carlos-Tevez.html

Sign him up Arsene tbh

dazthegooner
14-12-2011, 10:58 AM
Can't see the spuds breaking thier wage structure for anyone and besides cant seen man citey selling to another preimer league club.

Flavs
14-12-2011, 11:53 AM
here did this to save you all some typing

Breaking News!!!

Arsenal to sign (Insert Player name)

(player name) has been singled out as the key transfer target for Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger in the upcoming transfer Window. We have learned from (insert random “source”) that Wenger will move for (player name) as soon as the window opens as he looks to strengthen his squad due the poor form of (insert player name) and the injury concerns over (insert players names)

With a transfer budget of some (insert random number) Wenger will be looking to push forward after the (insert last time Arsenal lost result) and as they look to secure a win in (random trophy) after not winning a trophy for (insert random number)

(player name, age and nationality) will move to the Emirates and look to continue (insert random satistic)

Niall_Quinn
14-12-2011, 12:23 PM
Was awesome in Germany the first time, good for us and then disappeared up his own arse and is now just a never was

I wonder what the spirit in the treatment room is like though, quite a lot of full backs in there - maybe some support for Jack wouldn't be a bad thing. Diaby doesn't count, I bet the others hang their tracksuits on him by now.

LDG
14-12-2011, 12:50 PM

I'm not inserting anything in anything you have presented :sulk:

Unai Tea
14-12-2011, 01:17 PM

Breaking News!!!

Arsenal to sign Lil' Jimmy

Lil' Jimmy has been singled out as the key transfer target for Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger in the upcoming transfer Window. We have learned from Aliens just passing through our solar system that Wenger will move for Lil' Jimmy as soon as the window opens as he looks to strengthen his squad due the poor form of Nickle-ass Bendtner and the injury concerns over Julie Fleeting and Rachel Yankey

With a transfer budget of some three vietnamese dong Wenger will be looking to push forward after the greasy greek turds beat arsenal in a meaningless champions league group stage match and as they look to secure a win in the Davis Cup after not winning a trophy for 3.14

Lil' Jimmy, 9, from the mean streets of Spunky Puddle, Ohio will move to the Emirates and look to continue demonstrating to all that the surface area of an average-sized brick is 79 cm squared

I love madlibs!

Coney
14-12-2011, 01:24 PM
I'm not inserting anything in anything you have presented :sulk:

It wasn't him anyway - there's only one spelling mistake.

Flavs
14-12-2011, 01:43 PM
Breaking News!!!

Arsenal to sign Lil' Jimmy

Lil' Jimmy has been singled out as the key transfer target for Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger in the upcoming transfer Window. We have learned from Aliens just passing through our solar system that Wenger will move for Lil' Jimmy as soon as the window opens as he looks to strengthen his squad due the poor form of Nickle-ass Bendtner and the injury concerns over Julie Fleeting and Rachel Yankey

With a transfer budget of some three vietnamese dong Wenger will be looking to push forward after the greasy greek turds beat arsenal in a meaningless champions league group stage match and as they look to secure a win in the Davis Cup after not winning a trophy for 3.14

Lil' Jimmy, 9, from the mean streets of Spunky Puddle, Ohio will move to the Emirates and look to continue demonstrating to all that the surface area of an average-sized brick is 79 cm squared

I love madlibs!

There is always one

Fist of Lehmann
14-12-2011, 02:14 PM
Its not the fact that OAC is not starting, its the fact that he does not even get on when we need pace. Why is he not ahead of Arshavin, Rosicky, Chakma from the bench?Adaptation period :good:. He will be, given time, he is just very young and very new at the moment - still learning what it takes to play at this level, learning his role, integrating himself into our style of play.

Tactically Chamakh and Rosicky are very different substitutions, Chamakh is purportedly a centre forward, while Rosicky is much more of a ship-steadying sub. The Arshavin comparison is the only pertinent one there and as one of the most experienced, high profile senior players for club and country, much more should be asked/expected of Arshavin than of Chamberlain.

If Arshavin played anywhere near to the level he is capable of then there would be no question of his worth. In light of the Russian's dwindling confidence, busting him down to third choice behind a kid would pretty much consign him to expensive write-off.

Flavs
14-12-2011, 02:18 PM
In light of the Russian's dwindling confidence, busting him down to third choice behind a kid would pretty much consign him to expensive write-off.

I think his lack of application already means we are there

Marc Overmars
14-12-2011, 02:22 PM
Arshavin has undoubtedly been a flop.

Time to cut our losses. Or even make a cheeky profit by selling him to Anzhi.

Fist of Lehmann
14-12-2011, 02:24 PM
I think his lack of application already means we are thereI think so too unfortunately. A buggering shame really because a flying Arshavin in this team should have been a huge, game-changing asset.

Instead we have mincing Arshavin.

But in Wenger's position I would only drop him off the bench if he was definitely off in the January window. If it's only next summer...well...the season is long and we'll probably need everyone.

Flavs
14-12-2011, 02:26 PM
I think so. A buggering shame really because a flying Arshavin in this team should have been a huge, game-changing asset.

Instead we have mincing Arshavin.

Hleb mark II

or maybe Reyes mark III

fakeyank
14-12-2011, 03:46 PM
Hleb mark II

or maybe Reyes mark III

Or Gillette Mak 4

Flavs
14-12-2011, 03:49 PM
Or Gillette Mak 4

Now you are just being silly

Master Splinter
14-12-2011, 04:39 PM
Diaby doesn't count, I bet the others hang their tracksuits on him by now.

mickymcg
14-12-2011, 06:21 PM
of course we would all love us to sign any one of Goetze,hazard or the fella from basle, but that probably aint going to happen , realistically the most likely players we can get are other premiership players playing for lower clubs, out of them i'd like us to go for baines and Agbonlahoir, Baines is a no brainer, good left back can get forward and can take an excellant free kick although he may be a bit expensive, Agbonlahoir can play up front or on the left side of a front 3 and surely he would fancy a move , he was as good as Young, Lennon and Walcott a year or 2 ago and now seems to be left behind, i believe he would improve greatly by playing with better players than he does currently,
anyone else fancy him at Arsenal

Master Splinter
14-12-2011, 06:46 PM
Agbonlahor wouldn't be a bad signing as a useful squad striker/winger.

Being English means he'd cost £20m more than he's worth though.

tigerthesmurf85
15-12-2011, 09:12 AM
http://www.insidefutbol.com/2011/12/14/wolfsburg-keen-on-arsenal-schemer-tomas-rosicky/54428/ please!

tigerthesmurf85
15-12-2011, 09:14 AM
of course we would all love us to sign any one of Goetze,hazard or the fella from basle, but that probably aint going to happen , realistically the most likely players we can get are other premiership players playing for lower clubs, out of them i'd like us to go for baines and Agbonlahoir, Baines is a no brainer, good left back can get forward and can take an excellant free kick although he may be a bit expensive, Agbonlahoir can play up front or on the left side of a front 3 and surely he would fancy a move , he was as good as Young, Lennon and Walcott a year or 2 ago and now seems to be left behind, i believe he would improve greatly by playing with better players than he does currently,
anyone else fancy him at Arsenal

I agree. Agbonlahor would fit in well with our style of play. I'd still like to see another striker signed as. Maybe Podolski. Sell Rosicky which leaves us with Gervinho, Podolski, Agbonlahor and Walcott. I'd be happy with that. Oh obvioiusly Gotze would be my first choice but as you said that's pretty unlikely.

tigerthesmurf85
15-12-2011, 09:15 AM
Also I'd like Arshavin to leave. Agree with Baines, but can you see us having 3 left-backs at the club?

Niall_Quinn
15-12-2011, 10:02 AM
Also I'd like Arshavin to leave. Agree with Baines, but can you see us having 3 left-backs at the club?

I can see us having 3 injured LBs - not sure about 3 fit ones though.

Fist of Lehmann
15-12-2011, 12:32 PM
I don't like Agbonlahor's face.

He looks like one of those animals off of Creature Comforts.

Olivier's xmas twist
15-12-2011, 01:21 PM
I can see us having 3 injured LBs - not sure about 3 fit ones though.

Don't worry we not pay the extra needed for baines tbf.

McNamara That Ghost...
15-12-2011, 09:30 PM
Landon Donovan will re-sign for Everton in January. I guess it'll be until March again, not sure if he would go back before our game at Everton away or not though. Hope so.

Olivier's xmas twist
15-12-2011, 10:08 PM
Really think we should resign Henry for a short while, imagine the buzz around the place.

McNamara That Ghost...
15-12-2011, 10:21 PM
Really think we should resign Henry for a short while, imagine the buzz around the place.

That rumour with Rosicky has never been proven.

Master Splinter
16-12-2011, 12:07 AM
Podolski rumours gathering pace.

:popcorn:

Just like Hazard, Cahill and M'Vila in the summer, this means we're definitely getting him.

The only way he'd be a success though is if we convinced him that everyone at Arsenal's German.

Cripps_orig
16-12-2011, 12:09 AM
Newcastle manager Alan Pardew has admitted that he may lose Cheick Tiote in the January transfer window with Chelsea and Arsenal believed to be interested. Full story: Daily MailArsenal will watch Germany striker Lukas Podolski as Arsene Wenger weighs up a £15m January move. Full story: Daily MailArsenal youngster Francis Coquelin wants to make his mark at Emirates Stadiumdespite interest from French club Lille. Full story: talkSPORTTiotes a bit shit. Podolski is a Must Get. Keep Coq, get rid of Frimpong

Cripps_orig
16-12-2011, 12:28 AM
Podolski rumours gathering pace.:popcorn:Just like Hazard, Cahill and M'Vila in the summer, this means we're definitely getting him.The only way he'd be a success though is if we convinced him that everyone at Arsenal's German. They would have been had they won the war. Fucking Hitler. Knew it would effect us sooner or later

Coney
16-12-2011, 12:41 AM
They would have been had they won the war. Fucking Hitler. Knew it would effect us sooner or later

But Hitler wasn't German. :sulk:

Japan Shaking All Over
16-12-2011, 03:30 AM
Podolsk is showing the kind of form that should make us show serious interest. . .and hope the rumours are true. . .15 mil sounds cheap. . .

Flavs
16-12-2011, 07:03 AM
Clint Dempsey please

kthxbai

Master Splinter
16-12-2011, 07:25 AM
But Hitler wasn't German. :sulk:

Neither is Podolski!

Fucking traitors.

Master Splinter
16-12-2011, 07:28 AM
Clint Dempsey please

I thought we wanted to get rid of our bottling image?

Coney
16-12-2011, 08:16 AM
Neither is Podolski!

Or Wenger.

But the Queen is.

McNamara That Ghost...
16-12-2011, 10:11 AM
Podolski. :bow:

It's on!

Olivier's xmas twist
16-12-2011, 10:13 AM
Wenger has deny's intrest in Podolski say SSN on the yellow

LDG
16-12-2011, 10:14 AM
I don't like Agbonlahor's face.

He looks like one of those animals off of Creature Comforts.

Cripps_orig
16-12-2011, 03:46 PM
http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2896/premier-league/2011/12/16/2805498/arsene-wenger-reveals-arsenal-had-agreement-to-sign

Is there anyone he hasnt nearly signed? :lol:

Marc Overmars
16-12-2011, 03:51 PM
He also said the other day he had lunch with Ronaldo and his agent back in 2003, put a deal on the table with Lisbon, but United managed to sneak in as they were playing Lisbon in a friendly and did a deal there and then.

Funny how things turn out. Wonder if he'd be the beast he is today if he had been a Wenger player.

Cripps_orig
16-12-2011, 03:59 PM

No chance.

Wengeritis is lethal. Just look at Arshavin

Cripps_orig
16-12-2011, 04:29 PM
Le Havre starlet Jeremy Balmy has hinted at a move to Arsenal claiming that Robin van Persie is his idol.

Speaking exclusively to Goal.com on Friday, the 17-year-old striker suggested Arsene Wenger's men may have stolen a march on their rivals after claiming that the Dutch striker is his ideal footballing marker.

"If I had to pick just one [player I'd aspire to be], it would be [Robin] van Persie or [Lionel]
Messi. I like the way they play."

Balmy went on to discuss his future, which has become a source of great speculation in recent times after reportedly garnering the interest of Arsenal, Tottenham and Valencia.

However, he affirmed his desire to develop his game further and use Ligue 1 as a stepping stone to future success before considering a move abroad.

"My parents are involved in it so I do not know, but yes, there were offers everywhere," he admitted. "For now, I'm just focusing on my game at Le Havre and my progress. I do not care about external stresses.

"I will first overcome Ligue 2, then move to Ligue 1 and then look abroad."

Balmy also spoke about a potential transfer to AC Milan in his early teens, but opted to remain with Le Havre, which he feels was the right decision in hindsight.

"I chose Le Havre for their policy of growth and training," he continued. "I heard about this offer from Milan by my parents, but I think I made the right choice for my game."

http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2896/premier-league/2011/12/16/2805624/arsenal-and-tottenham-target-jeremy-balmy-i-want-to-emulate

Thats our striker cover for RVP sorted

yay

Arsenal Royal
16-12-2011, 06:51 PM
Wenger has deny's intrest in Podolski say SSN on the yellow

Thank god!!!!!! :pray:

Master Splinter
16-12-2011, 06:56 PM
Balmy should be good for the cold, wet nights up at Stoke.

Sorry.

Xhaka Can’t
16-12-2011, 10:02 PM

No chance.

Wengeritis is lethal. Just look at Arshavin

And Van Persie.

Master Splinter
16-12-2011, 10:23 PM
And Van Persie.

And Szczesny.

And Koscielny.

And Sagna.

And Wilshere.

And Song.

Where can I get some of this Wengeritis? Sounds like some good-ass shit.

Ollie the Optimist
16-12-2011, 10:44 PM
And Szczesny.

And Koscielny.

And Sagna.

And Wilshere.

And Song.

biggest person with wengeritis, was a certain theirry henry. he turned out awful

Cripps_orig
16-12-2011, 10:46 PM
Koscielny :lol: I do find it hilarious how a couple of good games makes people think a player has come good :lol: GW :bow:

Ollie the Optimist
16-12-2011, 10:48 PM
Koscielny :lol: I do find it hilarious how a couple of good games makes people think a player has come good :lol: GW :bow:

funny how most of the media and pundits etc think he has been one of the best defenders this season. :rolleyes:

Joker
16-12-2011, 10:49 PM
And Szczesny.

And Koscielny.

And Sagna.

And Wilshere.

And Song.

Or Squillaci

And Chamakh

And Bischoff

And Fabianski

And Park

And Denilson

And Diaby

Ollie the Optimist
16-12-2011, 10:53 PM
Or Squillaci

And Chamakh

And Bischoff

And Fabianski

And Park

And Denilson

And Diaby

and you can name a fuckload of players that every manger has failed with. fergie had djemba djemba for just one

Niall_Quinn
16-12-2011, 11:53 PM
Or Squillaci

And Chamakh

And Bischoff

And Fabianski

And Park

And Denilson

And Diaby

Park? Already? He's hardly played yet.

Cripps_orig
17-12-2011, 12:24 AM
Or SquillaciAnd ChamakhAnd BischoffAnd FabianskiAnd ParkAnd DenilsonAnd Diaby Game, set and match I sayJoker :bow: wengeritis :bow:

Özim
17-12-2011, 12:13 PM
Park? Already? He's hardly played yet.
Based on the fact he's hardly played and is only going to be around for another season and a half it doesn't bode well. Very strange signing considering he's just been sat doing nothing for 4 almost months, another one of those weird decisions by Wenger, a bit like Bischoff.

Xhaka Can’t
17-12-2011, 12:41 PM
I expect the plan is to use him during ACON and for the FA Cup.

We really need better than that imo.

Marc Overmars
17-12-2011, 12:49 PM
It wouldn't be so bad if Fat Fuck manned up.

Xhaka Can’t
17-12-2011, 12:56 PM
That isn't going to happen.

Hopefully he'll be out the door Jan 1st.

Master Splinter
17-12-2011, 02:15 PM
Or Squillaci

And Chamakh

And Bischoff

And Fabianski

And Park

And Denilson

And Diaby

We could play this game all day and I think you'd find there's far more successes than failures, especially as we've never spent the absurd amounts on players that numerous other clubs have.

But then again, it's hard to take posters who think RVP and Koscielny are rubbish seriously.

Niall_Quinn
17-12-2011, 02:51 PM
What I want to know is how we've ended up with seriously rubbish players like RvP and Kos!

Coney
17-12-2011, 03:05 PM
What I want to know is how we've ended up with seriously rubbish players like RvP and Kos!

Because Bendtner and Cygan moved on to much better teams like Sunderland.

Mr. Lahey
17-12-2011, 03:52 PM
Anyone who thinks Kos is rubbish can take the shit tornado right back to oz.

Hes been quality and dosent get enough credit during our solid run. Song has been quality as well. Current form, I think this is the best hes ever played for us.

Dog Toffee
17-12-2011, 03:56 PM
Game, set and match I sayJoker :bow: wengeritis :bow:

Your 'glass half empty' guys arent you. Focus on the points that support your argument and ignore the rest.

Joker
17-12-2011, 03:56 PM
We could play this game all day and I think you'd find there's far more successes than failures, especially as we've never spent the absurd amounts on players that numerous other clubs have.

But then again, it's hard to take posters who think RVP and Koscielny are rubbish seriously.

We didn't need to spend "absurd" amounts of money on players; there are good players available on the market at reasonable prices, like Sagna and Vermaelen. Unfortunately, the board and Wenger are so obsessed about profit that they weren't prepared to fork out an extra £5-10M for players who would have made an enormous difference over the last few years, like Alonso.

This is the reason why there's been so many failures, you pay peanuts, and you get monkeys.

Master Splinter
18-12-2011, 01:40 PM
Lescott should be concentrating on getting a new face rather than talking about other teams' players:

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11661/7382264/Lescott-would-welcome-RVP-bid

GP
18-12-2011, 02:09 PM
there are good players available on the market at reasonable prices, like Sagna . you pay peanuts, and you get monkeys.

Racist.

Syn
18-12-2011, 03:02 PM

Cripps_orig
19-12-2011, 12:17 AM
Ederzito has emerged as a summer transfer target for Arsenal. The Guinea-born striker currently plays for Portuguese side Academica. Full story: MetroWho?

AKBapologist
19-12-2011, 09:15 AM
Massimo Taibi
Diego Forlan Juan
Sebastian Veron
Liam Miller
Kleberson
Eric Djemba Djemba
David Bellion

Nuf said tbh.

Cripps_orig
19-12-2011, 09:23 AM
Massimo Taibi Diego Forlan Juan Sebastian Veron Liam Miller Kleberson Eric Djemba Djemba David BellionNuf said tbh.You want these to be your Arsenal targets next month? :unsure:

McNamara That Ghost...
19-12-2011, 09:35 AM
Ederzito has emerged as a summer transfer target for Arsenal. The Guinea-born striker currently plays for Portuguese side Academica. Full story: Metro
Who?

Is he the love child of Eder, Zico and Tostao?

Flavs
19-12-2011, 09:38 AM
Arshavin out, anyone who can move in

Olivier's xmas twist
19-12-2011, 10:59 AM
Arshavin out, anyone who can move in

:bow: Flavs, Poster of the year tbh

Flavs
19-12-2011, 11:01 AM
We could stick Letters out there and he would be more affective

Japan Shaking All Over
19-12-2011, 11:37 AM
We could stick Letters out there and he would be more affective

More effective and we wouldnt have to think too hard about a new nickname cos 'Fat Twat' would work for him as well. . . .ooops!

Flavs
19-12-2011, 12:07 PM
More effective and we wouldnt have to think too hard about a new nickname cos 'Fat Twat' would work for him as well. . . .ooops!

That's totally inappropriate

Flavs
19-12-2011, 12:29 PM
I wonder if Citeh would lend us Wayne Bridge for a few months as cover?

McNamara That Ghost...
19-12-2011, 12:32 PM

Haven't they damaged our squad enough as it is?

Flavs
19-12-2011, 12:38 PM
Haven't they damaged our squad enough as it is?

Yeah you're right we should stick with ....erm....oh shit we don't have anyone.

A must get.

McNamara That Ghost...
19-12-2011, 12:49 PM
Yeah you're right we should stick with ....erm....oh shit we don't have anyone.

A must get.

That's eminently preferable to Bridge.

On a broader note though, I don't really subscribe to the idea that we should get players in because we have injuries.

Flavs
19-12-2011, 12:51 PM
That's why a loan would suffice. He can play immediately, can play at either right or left back and is an experienced international.

The rate we are going we are going to have the youth team defence playing soon.

Dog Toffee
19-12-2011, 12:51 PM
Neither does Wenger which shows at least 2 people have foresight.

Imagine if we'd have bought a keeper in to replace Alminia, Chesney would have buggered off to one of our rivals and made us look stupid.

McNamara That Ghost...
19-12-2011, 12:54 PM
That's why a loan would suffice. He can play immediately, can play at either right or left back and is an experienced international.

The rate we are going we are going to have the youth team defence playing soon.

He's experienced at being shit. And what if he gets injured? I know that's not a situation you can take in to consideration every time you sign someone but given on this occasion he'd solely be brought in because people are injured, it seems really shortsighted.

Flavs
19-12-2011, 12:56 PM
a loan a loan a loan a bloody short term loan a loan a loan

McNamara That Ghost...
19-12-2011, 12:59 PM
a loan a loan a loan a bloody short term loan a loan a loan

I'm not sure that really makes any difference. If it's going to be so short term, well then that reinforces the sense even more that's it is a waste of time.

And you didn't answer what we would then do, if he got injured.

Flavs
19-12-2011, 01:08 PM
I'm not sure that really makes any difference. If it's going to be so short term, well then that reinforces the sense even more that's it is a waste of time.

And you didn't answer what we would then do, if he got injured.

send him back if he gets injured, we borrow him for 3 months until some of our full backs are back fit and then pack him back off to Citeh. We could go the whole hog and borrow him and Onuaha

Grebbo
19-12-2011, 01:16 PM
I don't think spending £15million on Ox was a great idea given that he's seemingly behind Arshavin and Chamakh when needing to chase a game.

I'm sure he'll be a good player one day but we really needed established quality in the summer - and still do now.

I'm sure January will be another disappointing window.

KSE Comedy Club
19-12-2011, 01:16 PM
WTF would we want wayne bridge for?!?

Miquel is better, look how well he did yesterday.

McNamara That Ghost...
19-12-2011, 01:23 PM
send him back if he gets injured, we borrow him for 3 months until some of our full backs are back fit and then pack him back off to Citeh. We could go the whole hog and borrow him and Onuaha

Dangerous though it is to be trusted, we could well be next month that we have fullbacks er back according to the official site. I think getting in someone so poor in just because we've accrued injuries is a bad idea. I can't see how it would benefit us any more than you presumably thinking going with what we have at the moment would hinder us.

Flavs
19-12-2011, 01:24 PM
See that child who sits alone on their bed looking woefully out of the window while the other children play outside. That's what being an Arsenal fan in the transfer window is like.

McNamara That Ghost...
19-12-2011, 01:25 PM
See that child who sits alone on their bed looking woefully out of the window while the other children play outside. That's what being an Arsenal fan in the transfer window is like.

Not when getting fourth is in danger it isn't. Well, I suppose it is given how they turned out but we sign people at least.

Flavs
19-12-2011, 01:26 PM
Dangerous though it is to be trusted, we could well be next month that we have fullbacks er back according to the official site. I think getting in someone so poor in just because we've accrued injuries is a bad idea. I can't see how it would benefit us any more than you presumably thinking going with what we have at the moment would hinder us.

I guess the concerm springs from the way that Mertesacker pulled up yesterday. If he gets injured that leaves us with a back four of Miguel, Vermaelen, Squillaci and Kos and no spares :faint:

McNamara That Ghost...
19-12-2011, 01:27 PM
I guess the concerm springs from the way that Mertesacker pulled up yesterday. If he gets injured that leaves us with a back four of Miguel, Vermaelen, Squillaci and Kos and no spares :faint:

And that's a fairly shit situation. It has to be coped with though; injuries happen. However if we're buying someone because they are better than what we have, then I have no problem with that.

Japan Shaking All Over
19-12-2011, 02:10 PM
That's totally inappropriate

Maybe. . .but nothing meant by it. . .we all love Letters thats a fact・

Kaiser
19-12-2011, 02:12 PM
We're probably scouting all over Europe, as expected, but that obviously won't immediately translate into a transfer. We can talk about Podolski (probs off to Schalke), Reus (probs to Bayern or Dortmund) or Ederitzo (Porto want him , and I've never heard of him, but he's on a free so probably more likely), but let's just hope AW earns his money by spending money.

I thought Taiwo on loan could've been a possibility but AC won't want to help the side they're facing in the CL. As it's obvious Gibbs will be on his summer holidays from January. Right now, we need a full-back, cellotape to stop Diaby, Gibbs etc falling apart, and a striker. Possibly a creative midfielder too as we rely too much on Theo and Gervinho to support RVP. Ramsey and co aren't creative enough through the middle of the pitch.

Japan Shaking All Over
19-12-2011, 02:19 PM
Get a decent amount of German football over and the two Germans Podolski and Reus have bwen looking very good in games and wouls be great additions. . .a little too high profile though so we'd be lucky to see them!

Marc Overmars
19-12-2011, 02:27 PM
+1 on the Germans.

Germans. :bow:

GP
19-12-2011, 02:58 PM
Typical Germans :bow:

Grebbo
19-12-2011, 03:12 PM

Paedo.

LDG
19-12-2011, 04:59 PM

Joker
20-12-2011, 11:34 PM
http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/Arsenal-transfer-gossip-Wayne-Bridge-Manchester-City-defender-set-to-join-on-loan-article844930.html

Hope this isn't true, Bridge is truly shite.

Olivier's xmas twist
20-12-2011, 11:39 PM

:bow: Flavs putting the ideal in wengers head

http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/Arsenal-transfer-gossip-Wayne-Bridge-Manchester-City-defender-set-to-join-on-loan-article844930.html

Hope this isn't true, Bridge is truly shite.

Don't see the problem if its a loan, were not going to buy a LB lets be honset, so thoughts of getting Baines etc should be put out of peoples heads.

Marc Overmars
20-12-2011, 11:41 PM
Must get

Flavs
21-12-2011, 09:00 AM
:bow: Flavs putting the ideal in wengers head

Don't see the problem if its a loan, were not going to buy a LB lets be honset, so thoughts of getting Baines etc should be put out of peoples heads.
Me :bow:

Winding up the press since back in the day

Özim
21-12-2011, 09:56 AM
I'd say we need a full back and a decent 2nd striker.

Talk is Wenger is waiting on Gibbs to see if he needs to find a replacement, he shouldn't waste his time waiting as this guy is more suited to testing wheelchairs than being a footballer, not only that but he's not even that good one the rare occasions he does play.

Wenger should stop waiting on this crock, get rid of him and bring someone who can be truly be part of the squad in.

Syn
21-12-2011, 03:37 PM
Just watching some La Liga highlights and Guillem Balligay has said Reyes is available in January - asking fee is around 3.5m euros and there's talk of Sevilla being interested. If we can offload Arshavin, we can offer Reyes around half his wages, and he'll be a better option than Arshavin. Plays on the left so would cover for Gervinho.

lol

hymppi
21-12-2011, 04:17 PM
I'd say we need a full back and a decent 2nd striker.

Talk is Wenger is waiting on Gibbs to see if he needs to find a replacement, he shouldn't waste his time waiting as this guy is more suited to testing wheelchairs than being a footballer, not only that but he's not even that good one the rare occasions he does play.

Wenger should stop waiting on this crock, get rid of him and bring someone who can be truly be part of the squad in.

i'd say we wait on this crock.
from my point of view gibbs started to show up just before he got hit by a bus load of arsenal karma.
we do need someone to cover up, so a loan deal would be just fine. don't rate bridge, though.

Master Splinter
21-12-2011, 04:18 PM
Reyes :haha:.

What an absolute waste.

hymppi
21-12-2011, 04:23 PM
Reyes :haha:.

What an absolute waste.
i knew he was to be nothing right after i got the jersey with his name on it...

Master Splinter
21-12-2011, 04:25 PM

Do you have a Theo one too? :ninja:

hymppi
21-12-2011, 04:29 PM
Do you have a Theo one too? :ninja:
nope.
but i do have master splinter...

Master Splinter
21-12-2011, 04:31 PM
nope.
but i do have master splinter...

Rats.

Grebbo
21-12-2011, 06:01 PM

I had Suker and Beast shirts.

Cripps_orig
21-12-2011, 11:32 PM
Demba Ba and Al Habsi

Cripps_orig
22-12-2011, 12:07 AM
Arsenal's Robin van Persie has revealed that he only watches his own club and Barcelona matches on TV, because he believes they are the only sides who play "beautiful football".
Full story: Metro

So it begins

Grebbo
22-12-2011, 04:28 PM
The more I look at our squad the more I think we URGENTLY need a few quality players. I'm not talking about dream signings or fantasy football - just signings we desperately need to prevent another collapse:

Keeper. Chesney is now as important to us as RVP as we have no-one who can come in for him.

LB. Gibbs is perma crock and shit and Santos has looked far from convincing.

Attacker: Gervinho and RVP have no competition. We can't ever afford to rest RVP, ever! It's a recipe for disaster given his injury record.

Midfield: Ramsey needs some competition.

LDG
22-12-2011, 04:41 PM
You can go too far and disrupt the balance of the side though.

I thought Rosicky and Benny solved so many problems when they came on last night. Granted, they're not going to win us the CL or puncture City's hymen, but in a game that required experience and calmness, they shone. We're not winning the league, and we'll be fighting for fourth, but these types of players get you there.

We are desperate for a striker to cover RVP. Granted.

We do need some back up at fullback if injuries continue to persist....but a loan deal would work here.

And if we're flogging Arshavin and/or Champax, we need another couple of bodies.

I'd be careful of wishing for too many, needlessly. There is a balance and workrate about this lot we haven't seen in years. We need to let it flourish. Add wilshire, sagna and santos back into the mix, and we look good for top four IMO.

tigerthesmurf85
22-12-2011, 05:49 PM
I wouldn't mind seeing full-backs come in both on the left and the right. A loan would be best. Could only think of Wayne Bridge who would be available, which doesn't inspire much confidence. Any idea who we could get?

Dennis Bendtner
22-12-2011, 06:09 PM
I don't think we'll sign a full-back. Continuing with ze internal solutions seems more likely. The loan thing seems like lip service, as there'll be hardly anyone around. Wayne Bridge...do me a favour, love.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/blog/2011/sep/09/manchester-city-wayne-bridge

Does anyone know who plays left-back for the reserves? I don't think Miquel does.

Very surprised if we sign a striker. It would be great, though.

tigerthesmurf85
22-12-2011, 06:23 PM
Not sure who does to be honest. In our last reserve game we played with..... 4 centre-backs. In any case I'd rather Miquel or Vermaelen than an untried reserve at the moment

Cripps_orig
23-12-2011, 12:45 AM
Real Madrid star Kaka is considering his future once again in a move that will reignite interest from Arsenal and Chelsea. Full story: talkSPORTManchester United are aiming to beat Arsenal to the signing of Anderlecht and Argentina midfielder Lucas Biglia. Full story: Daily MailArsenal will offload Marouane Chamakh back to France next month and may make a shock swoop for Wigan forward Hugo Rodallega. Full story: MetroKaka would be awesome. Biglia and Rodallega can fuck off

Master Splinter
23-12-2011, 08:07 AM
Biglia :(.

hymppi
23-12-2011, 12:00 PM
Kaka would be awesome. Biglia and Rodallega can fuck off
i don't think kaka could handle the stokes of premier league.

KSE Comedy Club
23-12-2011, 01:38 PM
Chavs have opened talks with Bolton for Cahill.

GP
23-12-2011, 03:22 PM
AVB :haha:

Cripps_orig
23-12-2011, 04:13 PM
We should get Cahill. Not as good as Merte or Verm but better than the rest.

fari
23-12-2011, 04:15 PM
Kaka would be awesome. Biglia and Rodallega can fuck off

is kaka cup tied? i agree that he would be awesome but i can't see us shelling out for him...a loan deal perhaps

Master Splinter
23-12-2011, 04:42 PM
AVB :haha:

He's even worse than Luiz.

KSE Comedy Club
23-12-2011, 08:47 PM
Gibbs now out for another month for groin surgery.

Yay.

milla
23-12-2011, 10:34 PM
Gibbs now out for another month for groin surgery.

Yay.

Send him to the butcher already. :coffee:

Cripps_orig
24-12-2011, 01:17 AM
Arsene Wenger is contemplating re-signing striker Thierry Henry for Arsenal on loan from New York Red Bulls. Full story: Daily MirrorThe Gunners are also ready to step up their interest in Brazil's 19-year-old midfielder Casemiro as his club Sao Paulo are reportedly ready to cash in with a £10m deal. Full story: talkSPORTNo thanls to Henry. Never heard of Casemiro

Kaiser
24-12-2011, 11:44 AM
I've heard he's similar to Sandro in style. Don't really need another young deep-lying midfielder, we already have Song, Frimpong, Coquelin, Arteta and Diaby can play there when alive. Need to get some competition for Ramsey tbh.