PDA

View Full Version : Stephen Lawrence Pair Guilty

Letters
03-01-2012, 02:53 PM
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-16347953

Two men have been convicted of the racist murder of black London teenager Stephen Lawrence 18 years after the attack.

Gary Dobson, 36, and David Norris, 35, were found guilty by an Old Baily jury after a trial based on new forensic.

Scientists found a tiny blood stain on Dobson's jacket that could only have come from Mr Lawrence.

As he was led away, he told the jury they had condemned an "innocent man". Sentencing will be on Wednesday.

Flavs
03-01-2012, 02:56 PM
and it only took 18 years

British legal system :bow:

Coney
03-01-2012, 03:18 PM
At least they weren't protected by the double-jeopardy rule.

Lock the scum up and throw away the key.

Letters
03-01-2012, 03:28 PM
From the bits and pieces I heard in the paper the evidence against them doesn't seem that strong.

Chrissie
03-01-2012, 03:34 PM
Good verdict imo. For once you have got to hand it to the Daily Mail, but only this once...

http://bit.ly/t9KKh5

ps: Can you change me back to Chrissie please ta

Flavs
03-01-2012, 03:43 PM
From the bits and pieces I heard in the paper the evidence against them doesn't seem that strong.

blood on his clothes that came from the victim seems pretty conclusive to be honest

Letters
03-01-2012, 03:48 PM
Wasn't there all kinds of claim and counter-claim that the samples had been contaminated or something?
I dunno.
I don't think it's an open and shut case, if it was they'd have been convicted the first time, non?

GP
03-01-2012, 04:04 PM
This that coloured fella?

Chrissie
03-01-2012, 04:05 PM
Wasn't there all kinds of claim and counter-claim that the samples had been contaminated or something?
I dunno.
I don't think it's an open and shut case, if it was they'd have been convicted the first time, non?

There was a forensic review of the case and there have been significant scientific advances since 1993.

Chrissie
03-01-2012, 04:05 PM

:lol:

Letters
03-01-2012, 04:06 PM
There was a forensic review of the case and there have been significant scientific advances since 1993.

Although looking at Jurassic Park and Terra Nova you wouldn't think so.

Olivier's xmas twist
03-01-2012, 04:09 PM

Hansen what you doing on GW

LDG
03-01-2012, 04:40 PM
Although looking at Jurassic Park and Terra Nova you wouldn't think so.

Fuck Dinosaurs, we got Dolly The Sheep.

And Frimpong.

Letters
03-01-2012, 04:42 PM
And iPads, tbf. Not that I can see the point of them really.

GP
03-01-2012, 04:49 PM

If you enjoy wasting time and spending a lot of money, an ipad will be right up your street.

LDG
03-01-2012, 04:50 PM
If you enjoy wasting time and spending a lot of money, an ipad will be right up your street.

I'll spend mine on my Dinosaur theme park idea thanks.

McNamara That Ghost...
03-01-2012, 04:51 PM
I'll spend mine on my Dinosaur theme park idea thanks.

Coney Island. :bow:

Letters
03-01-2012, 04:52 PM
Sounds shit.

LDG
03-01-2012, 04:54 PM
Coney Island. :bow:

Punasaurus Rex :bow:

Letters
03-01-2012, 04:58 PM
Triceracunt.

Niall_Quinn
03-01-2012, 05:01 PM

Nor could I until I got one for an Xmas pressie and sat in my comfy chair yesterday watching the game with the iPad and GW open. Much better than a desktop or laptop which means you have to move from the TV to the computer to have a whinge. Now I can whine in realtime as I watch the game. Great stuff. Pluss it has an app that allows you top shake it and roll dice - something I have been missing for a long time. Now I can roll dice wherever I go and it only costs 37p per minute or is completely free if there is a hotspot. Can't argue with that!

Letters
03-01-2012, 05:03 PM
Can you lend it to FY next time he comes to a game? The live moaning he posts will be hilarious.

Niall_Quinn
03-01-2012, 05:14 PM
Can you lend it to FY next time he comes to a game? The live moaning he posts will be hilarious.

Doesn't it cost £600 per minute to connect to the WiFi hotspots at the Emirates?

Letters
03-01-2012, 05:29 PM
It's free in Club level.
Free with every bazillion pound a year season ticket.

:trophy:

LDG
03-01-2012, 05:31 PM
Anyway. Back on topic :rolleyes:

My Dinosaur theme park idea only needs a little bit of backing. Anyone know where I can get One Billion Dollars? I had thought about nicking trainers from kids on the street and flogging them on??

Cripps_orig
03-01-2012, 05:33 PM
Not really followed this. Got bored of it 18 years ago tbh.

Question

This may have been answered already but i cba looking for it but if this blood that was found on the guys clothes is the reason they are sent down then why has it been found now and not 18 years ago?

Legal system :doh:

Sooner we take over the better tbh. Need to save this country

Xhaka Can’t
03-01-2012, 07:48 PM
Nor could I until I got one for an Xmas pressie and sat in my comfy chair yesterday watching the game with the iPad and GW open. Much better than a desktop or laptop which means you have to move from the TV to the computer to have a whinge. Now I can whine in realtime as I watch the game. Great stuff. Pluss it has an app that allows you top shake it and roll dice - something I have been missing for a long time. Now I can roll dice wherever I go and it only costs 37p per minute or is completely free if there is a hotspot. Can't argue with that!

:haha:

Xhaka Can’t
03-01-2012, 07:49 PM

A smartphone and tapatalk is all you need.

Maestro
03-01-2012, 08:20 PM

Oh I so agree NQ, until you get one ...:lol: :haha: :faint:

Killed me with the 'realtime whine' & 'roll dice wherever I go' must be trademarked ASAP

That was some funny true G shit, arguably one of the funniest posts ever to me ..considering the context. Don't do that again, my ribs can't take it.

PS. Post sent from my iPad ....coz 'Now I can roll dice wherever I go' :haha:

Olivier's xmas twist
03-01-2012, 10:05 PM

Question

This may have been answered already but i cba looking for it but if this blood that was found on the guys clothes is the reason they are sent down then why has it been found now and not 18 years ago?Legal system :doh:

It was, but Norris dad owned that area more or less and had the police in his pocket so they got away with it.

Niall_Quinn
03-01-2012, 10:12 PM

Question

This may have been answered already but i cba looking for it but if this blood that was found on the guys clothes is the reason they are sent down then why has it been found now and not 18 years ago?

Legal system :doh:

Total exaggeration as usual from you - he only thought up the dinosaur theme park today, so where you get the 18 years shit from is a mystery.

Flavs
04-01-2012, 09:25 AM

You're right what we really need is an effigy burning

Flavs
04-01-2012, 09:27 AM
Total exaggeration as usual from you - he only thought up the dinosaur theme park today, so where you get the 18 years shit from is a mystery.

DNA resequencing ideas are usually judged on 18 years by all mad science experts

Xhaka Can’t
04-01-2012, 09:49 AM
:haha:

Letters
04-01-2012, 09:51 AM
:lol:

Tony Tuesdays
04-01-2012, 12:25 PM
Dobson gets 15yrs 2 months
Norris gets 14 yrs 3 months

That's the minimum before parole consideration. Hopefully they'll serve much longer.

Some kind of justice is served.

Xhaka Can’t
04-01-2012, 12:27 PM
Impressive sentencing by the judge as they were juveniles at the time of the murder.

Tony Tuesdays
04-01-2012, 12:33 PM
In light of the gravity of the case the judge couldn't give any less really.
It would've been a joke had it been a lower sentence.

Letters
04-01-2012, 12:33 PM
It's only after 10 years we'll get some idea of what their sentence is like.

Tony Tuesdays
04-01-2012, 12:35 PM
With any luck they'll get an idea of what their sentence is like within days of entering the prison. :)

LDG
04-01-2012, 12:41 PM
If I had it my way, they'd be put in the raptor enclosure.

Niall_Quinn
04-01-2012, 12:47 PM
If I had it my way, they'd be put in the raptor enclosure.

Doubt you'll get your funding for the project tbh, I tried raising a bit of quick cash for you in another thread but was informed a decent fund raising effort must be spread over 10 years.

On a less serious note, Suarez gets instantly hammered for doing fuck all but it takes 18 years to bring these cunts to book. I guess the fucked up argument goes if we can nail speech criminals like Suarez then thick, racist, dog shit will turn over a new leaf and refrain from committing ACTUAL harm on the basis of skin colour. That will definitely work.

Flavs
04-01-2012, 12:47 PM
hopefully they will be dead in 3 months

Coney
04-01-2012, 12:51 PM
Dobson gets 15yrs 2 months
Norris gets 14 yrs 3 months

That's the minimum before parole consideration. Hopefully they'll serve much longer.

Some kind of justice is served.

If they insist on saying they were not guilty, it will be more difficult to get parole.

Also, the life sentence they have means that if they do eventually get parole, if they step one foot out of line, they will be straight back in automatically. The 'life' aspect hangs over a person even if they have been released - the parole aspect means that you don't have to serve the full remaining part of your sentence if you behave. If you got, say, a 10 year sentence and were parolled after 6 years, for the next 4 years you can be returned back to prison if you break any condition of your parole which would include any form of offending. So for these two c*nts, if they were to get out after the 14/15 years it would probably be only if they accepted their guilt - which they seem not to want to do atm - and they would have the police, press and others watching them to make a mistake and get them back in again.

Coney
04-01-2012, 12:53 PM
hopefully they will be dead in 3 months

Just spread the rumour that they were nonces. :good:

Flavs
04-01-2012, 12:55 PM
Just spread the rumour that they were nonces. :good:

yeah i can tell all my prison friends

:rolleyes:

Coney
04-01-2012, 01:00 PM
yeah i can tell all my prison friends

:rolleyes:

Your face is criminal.

Tony Tuesdays
04-01-2012, 01:04 PM
As Neville Lawrence said we can only hope they spill the beans as to who their accomplices were.
What are the chances? Not alot I guess, but one can hope.

LDG
04-01-2012, 01:05 PM
As Neville Lawrence said we can only hope they spill the beans as to who their accomplices were.

Depends how much they are "probed" inside I guess.

LDG
04-01-2012, 01:06 PM
Andy by probed. I obviously mean, anally ravaged by Big Suzy and his gang of Girls.

Coney
04-01-2012, 01:07 PM

To do that, they would have to accept their guilt before splitting on their mates. They might well do that to try and prepare for their eventual parole. The longer they claim not guilty, the longer they will stay in. I'd like them to crack and do that though as it will probably mean that others get tried for their part in it, they lose all credibility with their 'mates' and if they do get out, someone might just be waiting for them....

Olivier's xmas twist
04-01-2012, 08:38 PM

Well the others will be pissing their pants, not knowing what these lot will do, i think they will squeal, the pressure will be too much for them.