Henry that is all

:good:

/thread

AKBapologist
09-01-2012, 09:38 PM
:bow:

hymppi
09-01-2012, 09:39 PM
it was amazing feeling when titi scored. what a legend.
(shit match, though.)

McNamara That Ghost...
09-01-2012, 09:39 PM
Henry. :bow:

I'll record the ITV highlights. Well, save for most of it.

PGFC
09-01-2012, 09:40 PM
We've re-defined "you couldn't make it up" marvellous.

TH12 :bow:

Fats
Wenger Out Henry In

Niall_Quinn
Need to change my pants.

Master Splinter
Song :bow:.

What an assist.

Wenger :bow:.

Great subs.

Clean sheet :bow:.

Syn
Can't remember the last goal that meant so much to Arsenal fans.

What a classic Henry moment.

Coney
Henry. :bow:

I'll record the ITV highlights. Well, save for most of it.

There were only 2 highlights.

1. Henry comes on.

2. Henry scores.

Kano
09-01-2012, 09:41 PM
what can you say about the guy?

at least this time round he'll get all the plaudits from the media (ala giggs, scholes etc) and stick him in against some lower table teams and he'll nab a few more.

and he scored THE henry goal tonight.

Niall_Quinn
09-01-2012, 09:42 PM

1. Henry comes on.

2. Henry scores.

:goodpost:

Coney
09-01-2012, 09:42 PM
Can't remember the last goal that meant so much to Arsenal fans.

What a classic Henry moment.

You couldn't write it better.

Team plays a bag of shite against another team also playing a bag of shite. Legend comes onto the pitch and scores a classic winning goal. Crowd goes wild. Credits and end of movie.

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
09-01-2012, 09:43 PM
Legend.

Cripps_orig
09-01-2012, 09:44 PM
You couldn't write it better.

Team plays a bag of shite against another team also playing a bag of shite. Legend comes onto the pitch and scores a classic winning goal. Crowd goes wild. Credits and end of movie.Goal 3?

IBK
09-01-2012, 09:44 PM

1. Henry comes on.

2. Henry scores.

Worth it though. :clap:

Coney
09-01-2012, 09:45 PM
Worth it though. :clap:

Oh yes.

Niall_Quinn
Apparently TH was leading the MOTM vote before he came on.

Olivier's xmas twist

/thread

excatly what more can you say tbf.

Coney
09-01-2012, 09:46 PM
what can you say about the guy?

at least this time round he'll get all the plaudits from the media (ala giggs, scholes etc) and stick him in against some lower table teams and he'll nab a few more.

and he scored THE henry goal tonight.

Giggs maybe. He's still got it.

Scholes? :pal:

Coney
09-01-2012, 09:46 PM
Apparently TH was leading the MOTM vote before he came on.

:lol: Love it.

Coney
09-01-2012, 09:47 PM
Will TH still be with us for the AC Milan tie?

Joker
An important win and Henry scored a great goal but the performance overall was shit. Against a Premiership team we'd have most likely lost today. If this is the sort of side that's going to be playing in the next round, Villa will fancy their chances.

Niall_Quinn
Savage laying into Chamakh. Even an arsehole is right sometimes (trust me on this)

Niall_Quinn
09-01-2012, 09:48 PM
An important win and Henry scored a great goal but the performance overall was shit. Against a Premiership team we'd have most likely lost today. If this is the sort of side that's going to be playing in the next round, Villa will fancy their chances.

OK, a landmark moment in Arsenal history and you are moaning. Says a fucking lot!

Cripps_orig
09-01-2012, 09:48 PM
An important win and Henry scored a great goal but the performance overall was shit. Against a Premiership team we'd have most likely lost today. If this is the sort of side that's going to be playing in the next round, Villa will fancy their chances.Pretty much

Coney
09-01-2012, 09:49 PM
Need to change my pants.

I've kept mine on, but they are going to be like cardboard in the morning.

Kano
09-01-2012, 09:49 PM
Giggs maybe. He's still got it.

Scholes? :pal:

you know what i mean though, those senior players in their last years getting pats on the back every week from the media and henry never did, something he more than deserves.

Cripps_orig
09-01-2012, 09:50 PM
Just seen the goal celebration again

Would have been better if Sjkshkjdhny ran out and celebrated as well, Monk in Mean Machine style

Niall_Quinn
I've kept mine on, but they are going to be like cardboard in the morning.

As usual.

Coney

Pretty much

You guys. :sulk:

Syn
Will TH still be with us for the AC Milan tie?

Wenger has already said he'll be in the squad. :lol:

Joker
09-01-2012, 09:51 PM
OK, a landmark moment in Arsenal history and you are moaning. Says a fucking lot!

I'm not moaning, but we can't be blinded by the emotion brought about be Henry's return. This was a dreadful team performance, and it's worrying that when a few first teamers are out, the performance deteriorates so much.

Niall_Quinn
Wenger has already said he'll be in the squad. :lol:

Plus he's already won MOTM.

Coney
As usual.

My wife is good with the smeg hammer.

Niall_Quinn
I'm not moaning, but we can't be blinded by the emotion brought about be Henry's return. This was a dreadful team performance, and it's worrying that when a few first teamers are out, the performance deteriorates so much.

Yes, for once we can be blinded.

Niall_Quinn
09-01-2012, 09:52 PM
My wife is good with the smeg hammer.
I know.

Coney
09-01-2012, 09:53 PM

But you said "Against a Premiership team we'd have most likely lost today." But then we would have played the full first team. Still, you've got to complain about something, eh? :rolleyes:

Master Splinter
09-01-2012, 09:53 PM
12 in 12 v Leeds for Henry.

:lol:

Coney
09-01-2012, 09:54 PM
I know.

I just wish she'd let me take my pants off first, though,

Kano
not that he needs it but this will keep rvp focused, which can only be a good thing.

Cripps_orig
Keown is very articulate for a neanderthal

AKBapologist
09-01-2012, 09:55 PM
12 in 12 v Leeds for Henry.

Wearing the #12 shirt with 12 minutes remaining in the year 2012...

Kano
Yes, for once we can be blinded.
i thought that was a huge part of being a fan. it's a pretty bland life without the passion.

Niall_Quinn
Keown is very articulate for a neanderthal

He punched up van Nistelroy, if that was the only thing he ever did he'd still be a legend.

Xhaka Can’t
09-01-2012, 09:56 PM

No shock tonight.

fakeyank
09-01-2012, 09:56 PM
Absolute crap match but what an end!! Henry!!! I have wet a lof of things since the goal (pussy included)

GB (I am covered this time) :pal:

Cripps_orig
09-01-2012, 09:57 PM
He punched up van Nistelroy, if that was the only thing he ever did he'd still be a legend.Agreed although RVN has more than made up for his Manc cuntery since he left

RVN :bow:

Niall_Quinn
09-01-2012, 09:57 PM
No shock tonight.

Stop teasing, be a gracious winner.

Master Splinter
09-01-2012, 09:58 PM
Michael Owen on Twitter: "Great couple of days for football fans. Scholes and Henry back in business. What a season this has been so far."

Unlike yourself, Mickey.

Coney
09-01-2012, 09:58 PM
Wearing the #12 shirt with 12 minutes remaining in the year 2012...

.. Leeds playing with 12 men (incl Clattenburg).

Cripps_orig
09-01-2012, 09:59 PM
Wearing the #12 shirt with 12 minutes remaining in the year 2012...Did he score on Dec 31st 2012 at 23:48? :unsure:

Niall_Quinn
09-01-2012, 10:00 PM
Did he score on Dec 31st 2012 at 22:48? :unsure:

Yes.

Coney
09-01-2012, 10:00 PM

He might do. Give it time....

Kano
09-01-2012, 10:01 PM

whats going on at 11pm?

Arsenal Fan
09-01-2012, 10:04 PM
MAGIC!!!!!

I hadn't been too engulfed in the prematch drama about his return - didn't realise how much it meant to me until he came one. Goosebumps. His goal, the stuff of dreams. So often the script is written but seldom it is played out.

Magic, just magic.

Cripps_orig
09-01-2012, 10:04 PM
whats going on at 11pm?You had to spoil it didnt you?:angry:

Olivier's xmas twist
09-01-2012, 10:10 PM

who cares we won end of. all the games. its thr 3rd round of the fa cup not the north london derby.

Marc Overmars
09-01-2012, 10:26 PM
We were shite, but that's to be expected when we put out a mostly 2nd string side.

Fuck it though.

Tonight is what football is all about, just raw emotion. What a comeback.

Thierry Henry. :bow:

Lots of homo.

Letters
09-01-2012, 10:47 PM
Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes!

To quote "When Harry Met Sally"

Fairytale stuff

Özim
09-01-2012, 10:48 PM
Great goal by a great player and it's great to see him back, shame he's only around for a short while.

Sad to see what a pub team we've become since he left though, I miss having a world class teams with players who can do stuff like Henry did tonight. Even now when he's getting on and unfit still seems better that nearly everything we have.

Also the guy really cares about winning unlike most of our lot these days, we were so great to watch when we had players like him.

Syn
09-01-2012, 10:51 PM
Just saw the goal again on ITV's highlights.

He always makes it look so easy. Why can't more people just sidefoot it in? I guess the first touch to set himself is the difference.

Letters
09-01-2012, 10:53 PM
I'm not moaning, but we can't be blinded by the emotion brought about be Henry's return.

Yes we can. Fucking shut up whining for once.
The time for picking the bones out of this is later in the week.
For now let's just enjoy a fantastic fairytale moment which doesn't come along very often but which sport throws up every so often.

Özim
09-01-2012, 10:53 PM
Pub team manager talking about Thierry the legend, he's right about one thing he is extra special!

dazthegooner
09-01-2012, 10:55 PM
Thought it was offside myself :ninja:

Olivier's xmas twist
09-01-2012, 10:56 PM
Great goal by a great player and it's great to see him back, shame he's only around for a short while.

Sad to see what a pub team we've become since he left though, I miss having a world class teams with players who can do stuff like Henry did tonight. Even now when he's getting on and unfit still seems better that nearly everything we have.

Also the guy really cares about winning unlike most of our lot these days, we were so great to watch when we had players like him.

well it help if there was most players were not over hyped average rubbish these days.

GP
09-01-2012, 11:00 PM
At the end of the day, something magical happened tonight. Something that only happens once in a lifetime.

Squilacci kept a clean sheet.

Syn
09-01-2012, 11:02 PM
Some good comments by Wenger post-match:

on what he said to Henry before he went on...
I just told him where he plays, because he can play on the flanks or through the middle. I told him to play through the middle. He did not know who was coming off. For the rest, you don't need to tell him too much. He has seen it all and done it all. You could see when he came on he had a presence on the pitch and if we could find him, he would be dangerous. He was sharp physically. He was already a legend here and now has added a bit more to the story.

on how he rose to the occasion...
Still you feel he has some pressure. Thierry is a proud guy, he does not want to disappoint people. He knows he will be compared to what he has done before. That is what champions are about. They always say 'I have no pressure', but they want to be seen as people who do well. It is a kind of a comeback and you know you want that to be a success as a player.

http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-archive/wenger-henry-s-goal-was-like-a-drream-

GP
09-01-2012, 11:04 PM
We need to re-sign him permanently, then he can retire an Arsenal player like he always should have.

Cripps_orig
09-01-2012, 11:10 PM
on what he said to Henry before he went on...I just told him where he plays, because he can play on the flanks or through the middle. I told him to play through the middle. He did not know who was coming off. For the rest, you don't need to tell him too much. He has seen it all and done it all. You could see when he came on he had a presence on the pitch and if we could find him, he would be dangerous. He was sharp physically. He was already a legend here and now has added a bit more to the story.

on whether he was surprised by Henry...
No, because already in training I have seen that he was sharp and ready to play. I would not put him on the pitch with what he has done here if he was not ready because that would be unfair. He is a special player. What is good for the young players at the club is that a guy who has done it all comes and prepares 100 per cent, warms up, is focused and motivated, and comes on with an immense desire to do well.

on how he rose to the occasion...
Still you feel he has some pressure. Thierry is a proud guy, he does not want to disappoint people. He knows he will be compared to what he has done before. That is what champions are about. They always say 'I have no pressure', but they want to be seen as people who do well. It is a kind of a comeback and you know you want that to be a success as a player.

on a happy dressing room…
It was very happy, the players were very happy when he decided to come back. He gives you other options offensively as well.

on Scholes and Henry returning...
It looks like the best transfer market is to get your best old players back.

on letting Henry leave in 2007...
You can accuse me of many things, but not that I kicked Thierry Henry (http://www.arsenal.com/first-team/players/thierry-henry) out, because he wanted to go. I explained that many times. I was always happy to get him back. Thierry is a guy who is very focussed, intelligent and very planned. In his head, it was always Barcelona, then the States. That is what he did.

on a 'dreamlike' goal...
Yes, it was a little bit of a dream, because it was a story about football you would tell some young children. Unfortunately it is not often like that in our game, but sometimes it happens.
on whether he's seen a more 'magical' goal…
When he got in that position I thought 'oh, that's your angle' but it was a bit too close. That's where he surprised me. He still didn't force the shot, he still made it look easy, where I would have expected him to take a very strong inside shot. He made it just look easy. At the start I thought he was too much on the left but he had that special finishing that he has shown tonight. That was the Thierry Henry (http://www.arsenal.com/first-team/players/thierry-henry) finishing.

on playing Henry with Van Persie…
I haven't decided yet. Robin will be back against Swansea. Will Thierry start or not? I don't know yet. He can play behind or in front of Robin or on the flank, Robin can play on the flank too, but I don't know yet what I will do. They can play together, of course, and they did play together.

on the rest of Henry's performance…
He did well. Straight away through his runs he made them [Leeds] drop a little bit deeper. Once he was caught offside, once the centre back intercepted the ball, but he has a kind of presence. His movement gives defenders a problem. After 10 minutes on the pitch he knows where to go.

on how long Henry will stay…
He has six and a half weeks, and we have not envisaged more. We can go to eight weeks but not longer.

on Francis Coquelin (http://www.arsenal.com/reserves-youth/players/francis-coquelin)…
He has a hamstring injury and he is out for a few weeks.

on whether he will bring in another defender…

I hope I can get Djourou back for Sunday and if we find a solution we will take it. No, at the moment we are not close [to a deal].

Most important bits were the last 2.

Coq out for the season then and no defender coming in

Olivier's xmas twist
09-01-2012, 11:12 PM
Most important bits were the last 2.

Coq out for the season then and no defender coming in

it will happen tbh he just bluffing

Dennis Bendtner
09-01-2012, 11:12 PM
You'd have to be a proper depressive not to crack a smile after the goal. If he'd ghelled it in, it would've been more subdued. We've seen that goal so many times before, though...226 at the last count. Magic.

Power n Glory
09-01-2012, 11:13 PM
I could cry! I should have been there for that one moment! Fucking magic. Was across the road because a mate of mine had a gig so wasn't watching on the TV and we missed our chance on getting tickets. But as we were outside smoking I heard a roar across the road. I thought it was a fight but when I looked I could see the tv screen and red shirts. I legged it across the road to see Henry tucking away his chance neatly into the corner on the replay. Unfuckingbelievable! Ran out of the pub to my mates across the road shouting King Henry.

What a legend!

McNamara That Ghost...
09-01-2012, 11:29 PM
Arsenal bring back Henry, United bring back Scholes, Everton bring back Donavon and Liverpool bring back racism

:haha:

Dennis Bendtner
09-01-2012, 11:29 PM
http://news.bbcimg.co.uk/media/images/57788000/jpg/_57788332_57788227.jpg

Decent Cesc impression.

Marc Overmars
09-01-2012, 11:30 PM
I keep rewinding the goal over and over. Just can't stop smiling when he goes mental celebrating, the guy is a Gooner through and through. :d

Losing the pace is expected but you just don't lose that touch of class. Some people have it, others don't and never will.

Cripps_orig
09-01-2012, 11:30 PM
http://news.bbcimg.co.uk/media/images/57788000/jpg/_57788332_57788227.jpg

Decent Cesc impression.Is that what cunts do?

GP
09-01-2012, 11:32 PM
I keep rewinding the goal over and over. Just can't stop smiling when he goes mental celebrating, the guy is a Gooner through and through. :d

Losing the pace is expected but you just don't lose that touch of class. Some people have it, others don't and never will.

Anyone else in our squad in that position isn't scoring, and I'm including RVP in that. It looked all so effortless for him, but we've seen since he left that that sort of class isn't easily replaced. What a man.

Ollie the Optimist
09-01-2012, 11:33 PM
how can people moan? we are through, and through with a moment of pure and utter magic that should leave every true gooner smiling and not giving a fuck about anything else

Letters
09-01-2012, 11:34 PM
Is that what cunts do?

No, they WUM on messageboards.

GP
09-01-2012, 11:35 PM
No, they WUM on messageboards.

http://i2.imageban.ru/out/2012/01/07/1bdca21612c1644110a2812c1e3d0b1f.jpg

Cripps_orig
09-01-2012, 11:37 PM
No, they WUM on messageboards.Harsh to call yourself one tbh. We do that for you enough

Olivier's xmas twist
09-01-2012, 11:40 PM
http://i2.imageban.ru/out/2012/01/07/1bdca21612c1644110a2812c1e3d0b1f.jpg

Syn
Anyone else in our squad in that position isn't scoring, and I'm including RVP in that. It looked all so effortless for him, but we've seen since he left that that sort of class isn't easily replaced. What a man.

Just shows the value of being so sure with your first touch and composed with the finish. There's nothing uncertain about what he's planning to do. Defenders know it, goalkeepers know it. But the precision is what sets him apart.

Even without Henry's precision, Walcott and Gervinho could score a lot of goals if they had Henry's confidence and composure. Control the ball, pick your spot, aim to hit it. None of this keep running to the byline and squaring shit. You have to back yourself. I hope that's what players like Walcott, Ramsey and Wilshere take from playing with Henry.

Olivier's xmas twist
Harsh to call yourself one tbh. We do that for you enough

:gp:

Marc Overmars
09-01-2012, 11:41 PM
On a side note, I love how Becks always comes to watch us. One of his lads is a Gooner.

The squad should learn a lot being in the presence of greats like Beckham and Henry.

Olivier's xmas twist
09-01-2012, 11:51 PM
damm you get excited easily

Cripps_orig
09-01-2012, 11:52 PM
On a side note, I love how Becks always comes to watch us. One of his lads is a Gooner.

The squad should learn a lot being in the presence of greats like Beckham and Henry.We should try get him

The one Manc player i never truly hated from that all conquering late 90s/early 00s team

Injury Time
09-01-2012, 11:52 PM

The squad should learn a lot being in the presence of greats like Beckham and Henry.
...and teach our CEO how to get a decent sponsorship deal?

Blew out the match as have interview part1 tomorrow :henrystare:

Power n Glory
10-01-2012, 12:15 AM
Just shows the value of being so sure with your first touch and composed with the finish. There's nothing uncertain about what he's planning to do. Defenders know it, goalkeepers know it. But the precision is what sets him apart.

Even without Henry's precision, Walcott and Gervinho could score a lot of goals if they had Henry's confidence and composure. Control the ball, pick your spot, aim to hit it. None of this keep running to the byline and squaring shit. You have to back yourself. I hope that's what players like Walcott, Ramsey and Wilshere take from playing with Henry.

His positioning and the run as well. Made the option simple for Song. Great touch and a cool finish. They need to release a new Henry DVD titled 'I am legend'. The man needs his own theme song. Walking legend.

Japan Shaking All Over
10-01-2012, 12:34 AM
You fucking what?

Woke up at 5am to check scores, 0:0 and Coq off injured.

Woke up again at to see that the Leg known as Thierry Henry had not only scored but had won us the game, cant wait to see this. . .

Two things havent changed I dont thinl

1) Henry still knows how to score and

2) Joker still posts like a tit (havent watched the game so he may be right about the performane but jeez geez I dont think I have ever seen you positive anything positive or at least something thst you havent taken a dig at something or somebody!)

The King is back all hail the king!

-Xs-
10-01-2012, 12:43 AM
Genuine strikers score goals. It beggars belief why we pursue with wankers like Chamakh when we've been crying out for another quality striker since the great man left in the first place!

Grebbo
10-01-2012, 02:09 AM
Henry

That is all.

Other than: full back positions are cursed, Arshavin played well and worked hard and Ramsey has a lot of the ball but doesn't really do much with it. When the fuck is Wilshere back?!!!

Alpha
10-01-2012, 09:10 AM
It was a good game to watch but not very exciting . Easy to understand that due to the fact was Leeds is a championship team and Arsenal had some inexperienced but very promising players such as Chamberlain , Yennaris , Miquel ..etc.. and plus how can you expect a great game when squillaci is on the pitch ? Isn't it being a bit naive ? But the introduction of Thierry Henry , his goal , his celebration , the reaction of the fans were the biggest moment of the game . It shows Henry hasn't lost his boots and his passion yet.It brought back all the good memories during his Arsenal time . It was really emotional . One of the games true Arsenal fans will remember for ever .

LDG
10-01-2012, 09:22 AM
Bloody brilliant.

Coney
10-01-2012, 09:22 AM

Exactly right, I think. This also applied to Bendtner. Our strikers are getting into scoring positions and snatching at it, or bottling it and passing. It is one of those success breeds success things, the reason why manu have performed so well. If we can get on a run of wins which includes several members of the team scoring, then we have a chance to get into the so-called winning mentality - the belief that having got the ball you can put it in the net so often that you are not worried about failure. This is why something like the CC or FA Cup can be significant. I'm with Wenger in thinking that the PL and CL are the main objectives - preferably winning them - but like a lot on GW, I think that getting a trophy under our belt would lift the team by giving them the confidence boost they need to translate that into scoring when they get the chances.

LDG
10-01-2012, 09:24 AM
Henry was 24 before he started finding the net regularly.

Coney
10-01-2012, 09:27 AM

Letters was 38 before he started... oh ... never mind.

Kano
10-01-2012, 10:18 AM

He scored about 25 in his first season as a 22 year old.

Olivier's xmas twist
10-01-2012, 11:18 AM
You fucking what?

Woke up at 5am to check scores, 0:0 and Coq off injured.

Woke up again at to see that the Leg known as Thierry Henry had not only scored but had won us the game, cant wait to see this. . .

Two things havent changed I dont thinl

1) Henry still knows how to score and

2) Joker still posts like a tit (havent watched the game so he may be right about the performane but jeez geez I dont think I have ever seen you positive anything positive or at least something thst you havent taken a dig at something or somebody!)

The King is back all hail the king!

A tit is more useful tbf

dazthegooner
10-01-2012, 11:24 AM
A tit is more useful tbf

:gp:

Flavs
10-01-2012, 11:25 AM
With 12 minutes remaining, Henry scores his 12th goal against Leeds in 12 appearances wearing the number 12 shirt in 2012

Flavs
10-01-2012, 11:27 AM
Still dont understand why we started with our erm starting midfield? Why didnt Rosicky and Benayoun come in and give Ramsey and Arteta a rest? Ramsey looks like he should be in Dubai with his feet yup tbh

Japan Shaking All Over
10-01-2012, 11:30 AM
A tit is more useful tbf

:goodposting:

See your point. . .can you imagine waking up after a night on the lash with a pair of 'Jokers' in your mouth. . .. now that would definitely be something to moan about!

LDG
10-01-2012, 11:32 AM
Still dont understand why we started with our erm starting midfield? Why didnt Rosicky and Benayoun come in and give Ramsey and Arteta a rest? Ramsey looks like he should be in Dubai with his feet yup tbh

Rosicky was sick wasn't he?

Not sure about benny.

Didn't see anything wrong with the midfield last night tbh. Though Arshy worked hard, as did AOC. Chamahk was non-existent.

Leeds set out to take a draw back to Elland Rd, and other than that spud on the wing, caused no problems at all. they sat deep and made it difficult, so I don't see why people are complaining about the performance. It wasn't brilliant, but it wasn't bad either.

Japan Shaking All Over
10-01-2012, 11:35 AM
Exactly right, I think. This also applied to Bendtner. Our strikers are getting into scoring positions and snatching at it, or bottling it and passing. It is one of those success breeds success things, the reason why manu have performed so well. If we can get on a run of wins which includes several members of the team scoring, then we have a chance to get into the so-called winning mentality - the belief that having got the ball you can put it in the net so often that you are not worried about failure. This is why something like the CC or FA Cup can be significant. I'm with Wenger in thinking that the PL and CL are the main objectives - preferably winning them - but like a lot on GW, I think that getting a trophy under our belt would lift the team by giving them the confidence boost they need to translate that into scoring when they get the chances.

Evem though I bleed optimism when it comes to all things Arsenal. . .I would like us to take the FAC seriously, we still need to consider ourselves a work in progress when it comes to the PL and CL so we shoild not be looking at the FAC the same way we did against Stoke a few moons ago. . .I'm not a hater but I would really love to see us win something!

dazthegooner
10-01-2012, 11:38 AM
Well they do say winning breeds success I mean it took what 3 year odd years for Fergie to win something and at one point there were romours they Manure were getting ready to sack him one FA cup win later the rest is history.

Japan Shaking All Over
10-01-2012, 11:39 AM
Rosicky was sick wasn't he?

Not sure about benny.

Didn't see anything wrong with the midfield last night tbh. Though Arshy worked hard, as did AOC. Chamahk was non-existent.

Leeds set out to take a draw back to Elland Rd, and other than that spud on the wing, caused no problems at all. they sat deep and made it difficult, so I don't see why people are complaining about the performance. It wasn't brilliant, but it wasn't bad either.

Haters hate. . .TBH I have been shockef to read some of the stuff I have read on a so called 'supporters' site. . .sure voice concern but wish ill. . .thats just ficking whack

Flavs
10-01-2012, 12:00 PM
On a side note, what the fuck was Nasri doing there? I did wonder if it was he who Thierry was aiming all the shirt punching at?

HighburyHero
10-01-2012, 12:13 PM
It was great to see the Legend that is Henry back, the goal was just magical.

As mentioned by others he truely loves playing for Arsenal and the reaction he got from the fans has been awsome.

Lets hope that his passion, commitment and skills rub off on some of the others who seem to just turn up for a payday.

Niall_Quinn
10-01-2012, 12:17 PM
On a side note, what the fuck was Nasri doing there? I did wonder if it was he who Thierry was aiming all the shirt punching at?

Whether it was or not, that's what I'm going with now. But at least the little lesbian cunt got and idea of what it's like to be a legend at a club rather than some mercenary fuck who will just fade, unmentioned into obscurity. He made his bed.

Coney
10-01-2012, 12:46 PM

Agreed. This is pretty much the same Leeds team that knocked manu out last year - we managed a draw and a win in the replay. They are good at digging in.

The main lack (again this comes up like a mantra) is not putting our chances away. Once we can get on a streak of pur players (other than RvP) getting more confidence and not snatching at things, we will start to see real progress. The basic team is OK, I think. Sure, you can tweek this and that but if we put even a slightly below average number of our chances away, we'd be up there and challenging. The 2% we are missing is that goal shooting confidence.

Coney
10-01-2012, 12:47 PM
at least the little lesbian cunt got and idea of what it's like to be a legend at a club rather than some mercenary fuck who will just fade, unmentioned into obscurity. He made his bed.

:gp: Exactly. He might have money but deep inside, he knows he is a cunt.

Fist of Lehmann
10-01-2012, 12:57 PM
Best moment of the season for me.

If, as an Arsenal fan you can't enjoy that, you seriously need to reassess your life.

And by reassess I mean end.

GP
10-01-2012, 01:01 PM
Best moment of the season for me.

If, as an Arsenal fan you can't enjoy that, you seriously need to reassess your life.

And by reassess I mean end.

Hump
10-01-2012, 01:11 PM
Can't be arsed to read through the whole thread but has anybody done "the closest the Dirty Leeds defence got to Henry all night was when they asked for his shirt at the end of the match" gag?

LDG
10-01-2012, 01:19 PM
Can't be arsed to read through the whole thread but has anybody done "the closest the Dirty Leeds defence got to Henry all night was when they asked for his shirt at the end of the match" gag?

Not yet, no.

How does it go?

Dennis Bendtner
10-01-2012, 01:26 PM
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/16483921.stm

Pretty good from Motty, tbf.

GP
10-01-2012, 01:28 PM
It should be mentioned that it was a great pass from Song to find Henry.

LDG
10-01-2012, 01:30 PM
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/16483921.stm

Pretty good from Motty, tbf.

Listened to that earlier :d

Crowd going mental.

:woohoo:

Power n Glory
10-01-2012, 01:32 PM
It should be mentioned that it was a great pass from Song to find Henry.

One of our best passers from the middle and he's only seen as a defensive player.

selassie
10-01-2012, 01:42 PM
One of our best passers from the middle and he's only seen as a defensive player.

Yup, Song is massively underrated on here, he's been our best Midfielder both defensively & offensively by a country mile this season.

LDG
10-01-2012, 01:44 PM
Got to agree with that.

Power n Glory
10-01-2012, 02:06 PM
Yup, Song is massively underrated on here, he's been our best Midfielder both defensively & offensively by a country mile this season.

As a reserve player I remember being told about his passing skills. He had glowing reviews from his spell at Charlton as well. He's more than a defensive player. Good to see that part of his game coming through. Doesn't get much credit for his technical skills and intelligence.

Olivier's xmas twist
10-01-2012, 04:27 PM
:goodposting:

See your point. . .can you imagine waking up after a night on the lash with a pair of 'Jokers' in your mouth. . .. now that would definitely be something to moan about!

fakeyank
10-01-2012, 04:34 PM
Whether it was or not, that's what I'm going with now. But at least the little lesbian cunt got and idea of what it's like to be a legend at a club rather than some mercenary fuck who will just fade, unmentioned into obscurity. He made his bed.

Thats what I was thinking. He is not getting into the City side, has tons of money, can and will never be a legend.. If Ade and he sat together, it'd have been nice for those cunts to see what it is to become a legend at a club. They may make the extra 30 million over players like Thierry, Bergkamp but they will be absolute nobodies when they are done. All they MIGHT ever hope to be remembered for is being a greedy cunt!

Letters
11-01-2012, 10:49 PM
OK...now I've recovered from my Henrygasm...

Overall I didn't think it was as bad a performance as some have made out. Arshavin in particular...well, he did work hard. It's worrying that we only have one player in the whole sodding squad who you can rely on to hit the target with any consistency. Two now with Henry, but that is a very temporary arrangement.

Arshavin, Gervinho and Chamakh should all be getting goals, we need the midfield to be chipping in too but it's just not happening. NONE of them can score goals with any regularity and it's becoming a real problem. The issue on Monday wasn't the overall performance which was OK, it was the god-awful finishing. In particular from Arshavin but Ramsey was culpable at times.

In past seasons we've been scoring plenty but been unable to stop them going in at the other end. This season I don't think our defence is looking that bad of late but unless RvP pops up with a goal we struggle to score. It cost us over Christmas and unless we get someone else who can take the burden off him we're not finishing in the top 4 this year.

Marc Overmars
11-01-2012, 11:00 PM
Goals since beating Wigan 0-4 at the start of December:

1 vs Olympiakos.
1 vs Everton.
0 vs Man City.
2 vs Villa.
1 vs Wolves.
1 vs QPR.
1 vs Fulham.
1 vs Leeds.

The goals have certainly dried up and it's no coincidence that it's happened at a time where RVP has not been as prolific. It does beg the question as to where the hell we'd be without his goals this season.

Cripps_orig
11-01-2012, 11:01 PM

1 vs Everton.
0 vs Man City.
2 vs Villa.
1 vs Wolves.
1 vs QPR.
1 vs Fulham.
1 vs Leeds.

The goals have certainly dried up and it's no coincidence that it's happened at a time where RVP has not been as prolific. It does beg the question as to where the hell we'd be without his goals this season.In the title race if you look at the last time RVP was injured for a length of time and we didnt have his goal ie first half of last season

Chamakh :bow:

Wengeritis has done its work well on him

fakeyank
11-01-2012, 11:02 PM
OK...now I've recovered from my Henrygasm...

Overall I didn't think it was as bad a performance as some have made out. Arshavin in particular...well, he did work hard. It's worrying that we only have one player in the whole sodding squad who you can rely on to hit the target with any consistency. Two now with Henry, but that is a very temporary arrangement.

Arshavin, Gervinho and Chamakh should all be getting goals, we need the midfield to be chipping in too but it's just not happening. NONE of them can score goals with any regularity and it's becoming a real problem. The issue on Monday wasn't the overall performance which was OK, it was the god-awful finishing. In particular from Arshavin but Ramsey was culpable at times.

In past seasons we've been scoring plenty but been unable to stop them going in at the other end. This season I don't think our defence is looking that bad of late but unless RvP pops up with a goal we struggle to score. It cost us over Christmas and unless we get someone else who can take the burden off him we're not finishing in the top 4 this year.

Agree.. part of the reason why we are so bad up front has to be coz no one is attacking the box.. not even RVP! Since RVP is so talented, he scores plenty but others like Chakma do not attack the box. If you see the Leeds game again, you will see Chakma in midfield doing god knows what! He was behind Ramsey and Arteta.. you are a freaking striker.. keep their CB's in check rather than go out and randomly just tap the ball back to a passer! Henry, as soon as he was on got offside... that had the Leeds defense on guard... I do not think Chakma has ever been offside playing for us!! I really would love to see how many times he has been offside coz I genuinely dont think its very many!!

Xhaka Can’t
11-01-2012, 11:02 PM

1 vs Everton.
0 vs Man City.
2 vs Villa.
1 vs Wolves.
1 vs QPR.
1 vs Fulham.
1 vs Leeds.

The goals have certainly dried up and it's no coincidence that it's happened at a time where RVP has not been as prolific. It does beg the question as to where the hell we'd be without his goals this season.

Sitting in front of our computers complaining about how shit we are.

Marc Overmars
11-01-2012, 11:05 PM
In the title race if you look at the last time RVP was injured for a length of time and we didnt have his goal ie first half of last season

Chamakh :bow:

Wengeritis has done its work well on him

That was a different Chamakh, his twin probably.

Fuck knows where he went.

Letters
11-01-2012, 11:08 PM
Agree.. part of the reason why we are so bad up front has to be coz no one is attacking the box.. not even RVP! Since RVP is so talented, he scores plenty but others like Chakma do not attack the box. If you see the Leeds game again, you will see Chakma in midfield doing god knows what! He was behind Ramsey and Arteta.. you are a freaking striker.. keep their CB's in check rather than go out and randomly just tap the ball back to a passer! Henry, as soon as he was on got offside... that had the Leeds defense on guard... I do not think Chakma has ever been offside playing for us!! I really would love to see how many times he has been offside coz I genuinely dont think its very many!!

Gervinho does run at defenders and has the skill to beat them. I like him. His decision making and shooting are bloody awful though.

Syn
11-01-2012, 11:09 PM
About relying on Van Persie for goals - I agree that we need other players to reduce that burden. But it's disappointing that we feel we need to buy.

Wenger bought 3 attacking players - Park, Gervinho and Oxlade. They were supposed to be getting goals. 2 he won't use (despite the youngest showing he has bags of talent). The other shits himself in front of goal. We have Chamakh who is an international striker, a proven goalscorer at the CL level, and he's managed to be totally shit. We have Arshavin is unrecognisable from the player he was when he joined. 6 years on, Walcott should be scoring regularly...and he's not just a midfielder - he's a wing forward and gets plenty of chances on goal but fucks up. Ramsey should be taking more responsibility.

Theoretically plenty in this squad should manage to get goals but only Van Persie does. It's very frustrating.

Cripps_orig
11-01-2012, 11:09 PM
That was a different Chamakh, his twin probably.

Fuck knows where he went.Fuck knows.

I havent lost all hope yet though. Hope he has a good ACON, gains some confidence and comes back and plays a part to the end of the season in our glorious run to the treble.

I think hes one of those players who needs a run of games to be at his best and hes not had one since that first half of the season and with Wenger refusing to play 2 up top and RVP being the best striker around and seemingly over the injury curse, its unlikely he'll get a run so we need a player who can come in and do a job and who doesnt need many games to be at his best.

fakeyank
11-01-2012, 11:18 PM
Fuck knows.

I havent lost all hope yet though. Hope he has a good ACON, gains some confidence and comes back and plays a part to the end of the season in our glorious run to the treble.

I think hes one of those players who needs a run of games to be at his best and hes not had one since that first half of the season and with Wenger refusing to play 2 up top and RVP being the best striker around and seemingly over the injury curse, its unlikely he'll get a run so we need a player who can come in and do a job and who doesnt need many games to be at his best.

2 up top I think is the best formation for us. Allah knows why AW is so blinkered not to use his best players!

Our attack would look:

OAC Arteta Song Gervinho

TH12 RVP

Olivier's xmas twist
11-01-2012, 11:19 PM
Fuck knows.

I agree with you here, but do we have the time for that. and if we go on and bought podolski in Jan then what happend to him.

Has Wenger ball really messed him up or is it just him, for me he has not recovered from the end of last season.

Cripps_orig
11-01-2012, 11:31 PM
2 up top I think is the best formation for us. Allah knows why AW is so blinkered not to use his best players!

Our attack would look:

OAC Arteta Song Gervinho

TH12 RVP

Whilst its good you agree with me on playing 2 up front, that 6 look piss poor. Song and RVP apart, the rest will get murdered.

We changed from 2 up top to one cos he wanted an extra midfielder to protect the cunt. The cunt has now fucked off so lets go back to what we know or if he insists on playing the one up top then buy players who can play wide up front or creatively in the middle.