PDA

View Full Version : Francis Coquelin

LDG
10-01-2012, 12:47 PM
http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-archive/coquelin-signs-new-long-term-contract

Francis Coquelin (http://www.goonersweb.co.uk/reserves-youth/players/francis-coquelin) has signed a new long-term contract with the Club.

Since returning from a successful year long loan spell with French Ligue 1 side Lorient in the summer, the France youth international has featured 12 times for Arsène Wenger’s side.

Demonstrating his versatility with a string of fine performances in both holding midfield and defence, Coquelin has established himself as a valuable addition to the first team squad this term, putting in a man of the match performance against Tottenham in October and providing excellent cover in both full-back positions.

The youngster, who made his Arsenal debut in the Carling Cup victory over Sheffield United in September 2008 aged 17, has now racked up a total of 16 games at senior level.

As well as being a regular for the Reserves in recent seasons, he was an integral part of the FA Youth Cup-winning side of 2009 and a key member of the France team to win the European Under-19 Championships a year later.

Everyone at Arsenal looks forward to Francis' continued contribution to the Club in the years to come.

That's a nice one to get tied up.

Good player.

Coney
10-01-2012, 12:48 PM
Waited till he was injured first, though. ;)

selassie
10-01-2012, 01:28 PM
Good news. I really rate this kid, I think he'll make it here too.

Power n Glory
10-01-2012, 01:33 PM
From when he first arrived at the club, you could see he had talent. The loan spell was good for him and he's even better now. Glad he's on board.

GP
10-01-2012, 01:34 PM
I love the Coq

Syn
10-01-2012, 01:34 PM
Yeah, definitely looks like a good player. Should be interesting to see where his position is in the long term. Seems like a jack of all trades type. Maybe a box-to-box CM role would suit him. We should have some very strong players in midfield soon.

Marc Overmars
10-01-2012, 01:39 PM
The new Flamini

Syn
10-01-2012, 01:42 PM
The new Flamini

We should be careful not to piss him off by playing him at LB and we should be fine.

So far so good.

gunsofashburtongrove
10-01-2012, 02:00 PM
Very good player coming of the bench and as replacement, potential to be a regular starter and be one of our main men. 12 appearances already this season which is great the injury being the only negative this season. Great news that he has signed long term

Master Splinter
10-01-2012, 05:49 PM
He'll never reach his potential because of injuries, like 90% of our players.

Mindless Pessimism tbf.

I'm glad the Coq has extended though.

Coney
10-01-2012, 07:51 PM
He'll never reach his potential because of injuries, like 90% of our players.

Mindless Pessimism tbf.

I'm glad the Coq has extended though.

Coq has had some decent performances and can hold his head erect.

Cripps_orig
10-01-2012, 07:52 PM
Wenger Youth Project :bow:

Master Splinter
10-01-2012, 08:16 PM
Coq has had some decent performances and can hold his head erect.

Agreed.

Coq has worked long and hard to get where he is.

He is 2% away from first-team insemination.

Coney
10-01-2012, 08:43 PM
Agreed.

Coq has worked long and hard to get where he is.

He is 2% away from first-team insemination.

I thought he hadn't warmed up enough at the beginning but the stiffness seemed to wear off. If we progress further in the FA Cup I'm sure he'll be good for the semi.

Syn
10-01-2012, 08:49 PM
Penis.

GP
10-01-2012, 08:57 PM
Biscuit.

Sirjackofwilshere
10-01-2012, 09:07 PM
lol Nah, i was really excited with him after his performances in a couple of the FA youth cup matches in 08/09. He will become an awesome player.I see him as a box to box mid....over the moon hes signed a new contract.

-Xs-
10-01-2012, 09:51 PM
A solid performer, if not a touch excitable

Niall_Quinn
10-01-2012, 11:12 PM
Good guy to stick in when we need to come from behind. Good ball control, doesn't shoot on sight but that's not such a bad thing. Good stamina, love it when he thrusts through the middle, never knows when he's licked, stays solid when others wilt, has the ability to penetrate effectively but also knows when to vary the pace. Shame he's had to withdraw for a while but he'll be back spraying balls around in no time.

fakeyank
10-01-2012, 11:17 PM
Good guy to stick in when we need to come from behind. Good ball control, doesn't shoot on sight but that's not such a bad thing. Good stamina, love it when he thrusts through the middle, never knows when he's licked, stays solid when others wilt, has the ability to penetrate effectively but also knows when to vary the pace. Shame he's had to withdraw for a while but he'll be back spraying balls around in no time.

Are you talking about Chamakh here? :unsure:

Marc Overmars
10-01-2012, 11:26 PM
Should become a good understudy to Song over the next few years.

That's if our fullbacks come back alive.

Flavs
11-01-2012, 08:48 AM
The new Flamini

Better than him already tbf

Hope the hamstring injury isnt serious, last thing we need is a limp Coq

Coney
11-01-2012, 09:16 AM
Can he bend it like Beckham?