PDA

View Full Version : Ignasi Miquel

Dicks and chicks
15-01-2012, 05:57 PM
I thought he had a very good game today v Swansea, anyone else share this view?

McNamara That Ghost...
15-01-2012, 06:05 PM
Attacking wise he was excellent but nobody had the sense to cover him when he did. Defensively he's doing as well as you can expect someone to do of that age and in the wrong position.

Niall_Quinn
15-01-2012, 06:12 PM
He's an Arsenal lad now so he'd better get used to the wrong position thing.

Olivier's xmas twist
15-01-2012, 06:15 PM
Played well only one of the few who did, he has a good future ahead of him.

McNamara That Ghost...
15-01-2012, 06:16 PM
He's an Arsenal lad now so he'd better get used to the wrong position thing.

He can pine to go back to Barca, they'll sort him out.

Dicks and chicks
16-01-2012, 06:10 PM
Another 2-3 good performances and Barca will buy him as he does have their DNA. On a serious note should be keep him at left back or loan him out for the rest of the season?

fakeyank
16-01-2012, 08:14 PM
I think he is better than Gibbs at LB. Since Mentos is out, I'd rather have him than anyone else.

Dicks and chicks
17-01-2012, 02:54 AM
I think he is better than Gibbs at LB. Since Mentos is out, I'd rather have him than anyone else.
yeah shame about Gibbs demise, i think Miquel is a good player coming thorough but can we continue to depend on him for the reason of the season with our on going full back injury crisis?

fakeyank
17-01-2012, 04:18 AM
yeah shame about Gibbs demise, i think Miquel is a good player coming thorough but can we continue to depend on him for the reason of the season with our on going full back injury crisis?

Hey, what other choice do we have? Not that AW will sign anyone of note.. might as well keep persisting with another Barca DNA!

Dicks and chicks
19-01-2012, 12:10 AM
Hey, what other choice do we have? Not that AW will sign anyone of note.. might as well keep persisting with another Barca DNA!
i fucking hate barca DNA, its my least favourite type of DNA.

Syn
19-01-2012, 12:12 AM
i fucking hate barca DNA, its my least favourite type of DNA.

:haha:

Harsh, top 5 at least.

Master Splinter
19-01-2012, 12:19 AM
Iggy MiGHEL is English.

He doesn't give a fuck about Barca.

If I'm wrong about this, GW's future Grand High Mod (I vote MO's face) can ban me a few years down the line when he moves there.

Dicks and chicks
19-01-2012, 01:22 AM
Iggy MiGHEL is English.

He doesn't give a fuck about Barca.

If I'm wrong about this, GW's future Grand High Mod (I vote MO's face) can ban me a few years down the line when he moves there.
it was his boyhood club :( I can see him moving back there as a replacement for Abidal. He played for a spanish 5th division side before he joined us

Dicks and chicks
07-01-2013, 08:34 PM
play him Wenger,he's better than what we have atm.

Cripps_orig
07-01-2013, 08:51 PM
Better than Kos but that doesn't say much

Dicks and chicks
07-01-2013, 08:54 PM
Better than Kos but that doesn't say much

he can't play centre back can he? (Miquel)

GP
07-01-2013, 08:56 PM
he can't play centre back can he? (Miquel)

He usually does.

Have you ever seen him play?

Kano
07-01-2013, 09:15 PM
it was his boyhood club :( I can see him moving back there as a replacement for Abidal. He played for a spanish 5th division side before he joined us

and rejected another offer from barca to return to them. i can't remember when but he had a dig at them a while back. i like the lad, he plays pretty well on most occasions but he rarely gets a look in.

Dicks and chicks
07-01-2013, 09:36 PM
He usually does.

hes a left back.

Dicks and chicks
07-01-2013, 09:36 PM
but he rarely gets a look in.
hes more consistent than our entire defence IMO.

Dicks and chicks
07-01-2013, 09:37 PM
He usually does.

actually you're right he is a centre back...WDF is wenger doing still playing Kos then, stick this guy at centre back ffs.

GP
07-01-2013, 09:50 PM
actually you're right he is a centre back...WDF is wenger doing still playing Kos then, stick this guy at centre back ffs.

Because Kos is actually very good.

Cripps_orig
08-01-2013, 01:19 PM

Pretty much. Kos for the most part has had a holocaust of a career. 2 good games at the back end of last season has convinced people he's decent but he's a bit shit.

Miquel deserves a chance

Gervinho's Forehead
08-01-2013, 01:22 PM

Cripps_orig
08-01-2013, 01:24 PM

Remember who you're replying to.

Dicks and chicks
08-01-2013, 02:19 PM
Miquel deserves a chance

:gp: He looked solid every time he was called upon, I much prefer him to what we have at centre back and left back he can't be any worse than what we already have there.

Gervinho's Forehead
08-01-2013, 02:40 PM
Remember who you're replying to.

Indeed, the king of the wums :bow:

Sorry Cripps.

Özim
08-01-2013, 03:54 PM
:lol: The guy is a calamity.

Master Splinter
08-01-2013, 08:52 PM
:lol: The guy is a calamity.

You haven't written he's not a great player, so it's fair to deduce that he is.

GP
08-01-2013, 08:54 PM

LDG
08-01-2013, 08:55 PM
I love kos.

One of my favourite players.

GP
08-01-2013, 08:56 PM
I love kos.

Good Post.

Özim
I did, you just did not see it.

Özim
I love kos.

Is it his Bambi like looks and style of play?

LDG
08-01-2013, 08:57 PM
Is it his Bambi like looks and style of play?

Nah. The fact he gives a shit, and is actually a very good player.

Özim
08-01-2013, 08:58 PM
Nah. The fact he gives a shit, and is actually a very good player.
The guy always has an mistake in him IMO, he's unreliable and more often than not makes a mistake that costs us a goal, that's not really good enough. A player should be able to keep his concentration up for the full 90 minutes.

We'll never have a solid defence with him in it IMO.

LDG
08-01-2013, 09:07 PM
The guy always has an mistake in him IMO, he's unreliable and more often than not makes a mistake that costs us a goal, that's not really good enough. A player should be able to keep his concentration up for the full 90 minutes.

We'll never have a solid defence with him in it IMO.

He was one of our best players last year, and if he get's another run in the team, he'll do it again.

He doesn't make lots of errors. He's been pretty unfortunate to be the last ditch man who try's to intercept a cross. An when you have to do that, you run the risl of OG's. Whoch is where he gets that mistake tag from.

Vermaelen's positional play and gung ho attitude cost us far more goals.

As a mobile CB for last ditch tackles, and reading of the game to intercept passes, as well as fantastic distribution, he's one of the best in the league.

People also forget that nearly every team in the league concedes hatfuls of goals. And that is because of the way the game is played now. Just look at goals concedes and you'll see what i mean.

Özim
08-01-2013, 09:19 PM
I've seen our defending in recent games and to be honest it's been nothing short of schoolboy defending, it's embarrassing and he's part and parcel of that.

I agree the defending in the PL hasn't been great this season, but it doesn't excuse the schoolboy errors we make all the time.

LDG
08-01-2013, 09:27 PM
I've seen our defending in recent games and to be honest it's been nothing short of schoolboy defending, it's embarrassing and he's part and parcel of that.

I agree the defending in the PL hasn't been great this season, but it doesn't excuse the schoolboy errors we make all the time.

Of course not. And for me, that is down to training. Not the ability of players.

We defend set pieces zonally. We don't hold a line. And that is just for starters.

I get that frustration and exasperation leads to blaming every small thing is minute detail, but kos is not a bad player.

You will always get mistakes. Every team makes them. But our problems lay in the coaching, not the players...

Globalgunner
09-01-2013, 09:21 AM
If I were to rank our CD`s I would actually rank Kos highest followed by Merts and Verm last. Merts would have been top, but he dose not make the most of his physical attributes and is painfully slow. Vermaelen really should be a midfielder, as a CB he is abysmal.

This isnt a salute of Kos` qualities tho. There are far better defenders playing for Norwich and Swansea.

Wenger doesnt know defence. Period.