PDA

View Full Version : The longer this continues the better

Transition Period
15-01-2012, 07:42 PM
Since the start of season I have said that the only way this club will move forward is for the board or Wenger (whoever is at fault for not spending the money) to get sacked.

The only way that will happen is if we do badly. In my book the more results like this the better for the club, in the long run. I said 2 years ago Wenger should go because it was obvious which way the club was heading and that was backwards. A lot of people disagreed but finally most of them are coming around the idea that we are going backwards. Results like this can only help.

Long may it continue. Another trophyless season and most importantly finish outside the top 4.

The stadium project is now complete so we should be able to compete in the transfer market (to a certain extent. I know competing with Man City is impossible). Instead the club are sitting on £115m in the bank and telling us that we can't compete while charging us highest season ticket prices in the world. Disgraceful.

We need a new manager, ideally a new board and new players.

Ollie the Optimist
15-01-2012, 10:45 PM
i see your point but then i genuinely cant get how fans can actually want their club to lose and do shit at any point

Coney
15-01-2012, 10:47 PM
i see your point but then i genuinely cant get how fans can actually want their club to lose and do shit at any point

:gp:

Cripps_orig
15-01-2012, 10:48 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yUpbOliTHJY

Xhaka Can’t
15-01-2012, 10:50 PM
It isn't a good post because it fails to grasp the rationale behind the OP. Nobody wants their club to lose, but lets not kid ourselves, unless the people running this Club receive a major shock, nothing will happen that will result in this Club actually winning anything in the forseeable future.

We either take major lumps now, or we continue to endure a slow and painful slide down the table.

Niall_Quinn
15-01-2012, 10:51 PM
It isn't a good post because it fails to grasp the rationale behind the OP. Nobody wants their club to lose, but lets not kid ourselves, unless the people running this Club receive a major shock, nothing will happen that will result in this Club actually winning anything in the forseeable future.

We either take major lumps now, or we continue to endure a slow and painful slide down the table.

So my idea about locking the board in a room and burning it is totally out then?

Xhaka Can’t
15-01-2012, 10:52 PM
So my idea about locking the board in a room and burning it is totally out then?

I'd prefer something a little less humane.

Niall_Quinn
15-01-2012, 10:55 PM
I'd prefer something a little less humane.

Fair point. I'd suggest taking their money away but I'm not into extremism.

Power n Glory
15-01-2012, 11:20 PM
The sad thing is, if we'd have won the Carling Cup last season, Wenger would have felt some sort of vindication for his belief in our youth policy and we'd have probably still insist on not buying. It really is sad and I can't see anything changing unless there is a huge shock to the system.

We can't even blame the transfers anymore. Wenger is just a washed up coach. Tactically, he's over the hill. It doesn't matter who he buys, he'll fuck it up some how. He'll play them out of position or won't even bother to play them.

Ernesto
16-01-2012, 12:55 PM
Wenger can't just keep shifting the goalposts all the time.

To go from "winning the Premiership=success" to "qualifying for the Champions League=success" shows just how complacent he's become.

I can't help but think that he'll try and put a positive spin on us finishing 5th (if we even do finish 5th) at the end of the season. Something to do with the money that City, ManUre, Sp*rs and Chelsea have spent in comparison to us, and this giving us ample reason for complaint. Moreover, it won't actually be a smoke-screen either. Wenger will believe the shite he's going to be spouting.

Kano
16-01-2012, 12:58 PM
yay. here's to more defeats.

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
16-01-2012, 02:30 PM
The sad thing is, if we'd have won the Carling Cup last season, Wenger would have felt some sort of vindication for his belief in our youth policy and we'd have probably still insist on not buying. It really is sad and I can't see anything changing unless there is a huge shock to the system.

We can't even blame the transfers anymore. Wenger is just a washed up coach. Tactically, he's over the hill. It doesn't matter who he buys, he'll fuck it up some how. He'll play them out of position or won't even bother to play them.

The man is a genius, and the problem with genius is that it can breed arrogance. I don't think that Wenger takes anyone's opinion seriously but his own. He knows best, and the fact that he went the season unbeaten playing the best football the country has ever seen, made a Champion's League final with a limited team and generally revolutionised English football means that every bad decision he makes is justified in his mind. Who are we to say anything? Who even is Alex Ferguson to say anything?

The problem with Wenger is that he seems to want to be right more than the team to be right. He's a fantastic manager but he's become consumed by himself.

Grebbo
16-01-2012, 05:09 PM
A couple of seasons outside top four and we'll probably see the back of him. How long is left on his contract?

What made Wenger great was his fitness and scouting influences on the club - and English football. We're not pioneers with either of those things now - the competition has caught up.

It really is as simple as that. He's not a motivator, tactician and certainly is no genius!