McNamara That Ghost...
25-11-2012, 05:44 PM
Kobayashi spins out!

McNamara That Ghost...
25-11-2012, 05:46 PM
Di Resta crashes out! It'll surely finish under a Safety Car. :haha:

McNamara That Ghost...
25-11-2012, 05:49 PM
Button wins! Congrats to him. Alonso second, Massa third. Webber, Hulkenberg follow.

Vettel wins the World Championship for the third year in a row! Many congrats to him. Many commiserations to Alonso, he was awlsome all season long but just couldn't get enough wins early on in the season.

What a ridiculous race.

GP
25-11-2012, 05:51 PM
Mental race again.

Sad for Hamilton, he had that one sewn up. He probably won't be in a winning position for quite some time now.

McNamara That Ghost...
25-11-2012, 05:54 PM
Yeah happened so many times for Hamilton this season.

Also, with Hamilton's non-finish that means Raikkonen finishes third in the Championship. Very good return for him.

GP
25-11-2012, 05:54 PM
That's how you make a comeback.

LOLmacher :lol:

McNamara That Ghost...
25-11-2012, 05:57 PM
Shoemaker. :wave:

For good this time hopefully.

GP
25-11-2012, 05:59 PM
Good riddance :wave:

McNamara That Ghost...
25-11-2012, 06:01 PM
Massa is getting a massage during the interview.

GP
25-11-2012, 06:02 PM
Massa was crying his eyes out, bless him.

He's driven really well in the 2nd half of the season, to be fair to him.

Marc Overmars
25-11-2012, 06:03 PM
Does Germans :bow: not apply to F1 then?

GP
25-11-2012, 06:04 PM
Does Germans :bow: not apply to F1 then?

No, only Germans in football are awesome.

McNamara That Ghost...
25-11-2012, 06:05 PM
Yup, his points make Ferrari finished second in the Constructors'. He was way down the table a few races ago.

Master Splinter
25-11-2012, 06:51 PM
No, only Germans in football are awesome.

What's wrong with Ralph?

Also, tennis Germans are awlsome too.

Graf :bow:.

Becker :bow:.

Alexander Popp :bow:.

GP
25-11-2012, 07:00 PM
What's wrong with Ralph?

Never heard of him.

Master Splinter
25-11-2012, 07:10 PM
Never heard of him.

Fuck. I was watching some of those Simpson's clips.

Niall_Quinn
26-11-2012, 01:36 AM
Classless Vettel can't just enjoy his lucky victory he also has to have a dig at the competition by saying he doesn't need to cheat to win. Strange because Red Bull has pretty much cornered the market on dirty tricks when it comes to designing the cars. Obnoxious little shit. That was a good race today and everyone conducted themselves well except the winner. Ferrari even squashed the yellow flag controversy on live TV. Heaven only knows what Vettel would be like if he lost. Hopefully we'll find out next year.

GP
26-11-2012, 10:09 AM
He is quite easy to dislike.

And I'm not convinced about the legality of that red bull either, much like the mid-90s Benetton.

GP
28-11-2012, 08:50 AM
http://img72.imageshack.us/img72/3916/lewismerc.gif

GP
28-11-2012, 11:16 AM
Valteri Bottas will race for Williams next year, leaving Bruno Senna out on his arse. Again.

Shaqiri Is Boss
28-11-2012, 09:52 PM
Ferrari are evaluating footage which apparently shows Vettel making an illegal overtake, which if proven would give Alonso the title by a point. :popcorn:

Ollie the Optimist
28-11-2012, 09:55 PM
as SIB says, here is the article from bbd

Ferrari want to establish whether there is enough evidence to lodge a protest that, if successful, could overturn the result of the world championship.
Ferrari are "evaluating footage" that appears to show Red Bull's Sebastian Vettel making an illegal overtaking move in Sunday's Brazilian Grand Prix.
Fernando Alonso lost the title by three points to Vettel after finishing second for Ferrari and the German seventh.
Governing body the FIA refused to confirm whether it was investigating.
Red Bull could not be reached.
The footage, from Vettel's on-board camera, appears to show the German passing Toro Rosso's Jean-Eric Vergne in a yellow 'caution' zone.
If that is the case, and any protest was upheld, it could mean Vettel would have 20 seconds added to his total race time. That would demote him to eighth place and make Alonso world champion by one point.
Alonso has posted a cryptic message on the social networking site Twitter that appears to be a reference to the situation.
He wrote in Spanish: "I don't believe in miracles. I make my miracles out of the correct rules."
Alonso is believed to be pushing Ferrari to make an official protest to the FIA.
However, the governing body does not need a protest from Ferrari to investigate further. In fact, its own rules appear to oblige it to do so.
Article 179b of the international sporting code says: "If, in events forming part of an FIA championship, a new element is discovered, whether or not the stewards of the meeting have already given a ruling, these stewards of the meeting or, failing this, those designated by the FIA must meet… summoning the party or parties concerned to hear any relevant explanations and to judge in the light of the facts and elements brought before them."
It adds: "The period during which an appeal in review may be brought expires on 30 November of the year during which the decision that is liable to review has been handed down, if that decision is likely to have an effect on the result of a championship."
That appears to give the FIA until Friday to resolve the situation one way or another.
A yellow zone - indicated by yellow flags and flashing trackside yellow lights - indicates that drivers must proceed with caution and overtaking is strictly forbidden.
If a driver is caught overtaking in a yellow-flag zone, the punishment is either to drive through the pits at restricted speed if the race is still under way, or 20 seconds added to a driver's race time if the incident takes place close to the end of the race or is investigated after the race.
The footage in question was not shown on the main global 'world feed' during the race as it was showing repeats of the start at the time.
However, it has since emerged on the video sharing site YouTube after audience members recorded it from extra channels of in-car footage, which was broadcasting from Vettel's on-board camera at the time.
The video - broadcast on the BBC's in-car channel - is embedded at the top of this article.
Drivers are also alerted to caution zones by an indicator on their car's dashboard display as they pass through the relevant area.
If there is any discrepancy between a driver's dashboard and the trackside indicators, the flags and lights take precedence - the display is meant solely as a further driver aid.
The footage clearly shows Vettel passing a flashing yellow light in Turn Two and another at the exit of Turn Three, after which he overtakes Vergne down the straight, completing the move before reaching a flashing green light, indicating the end of the yellow zone, before Turn Four.
The yellow flag indicator in his cockpit is on the whole time.
The rules dictate that the 'yellow' zone ends only when the driver passes the first 'green' indicator.
Play media

Vettel's road to glory in 2012
However, on the footage from Vettel's car it is not possible to see clearly the marshals' post that is situated on the inside of the track at the exit of the pit lane - after the yellow light at Turn Three.
It is possible that the marshal there was waving a green flag. If he was, the pass on Vergne would be legal and the result would stand.
A green flag is waved at that post as Vettel passes the Marussia of Charles Pic on lap three, but it is not clear whether it was still being waved on lap four.
The likelihood of any protest being lodged or of any action being taken depends on whether Ferrari or the FIA can establish whether there was a green flag waving at that marshals' post at that time.
If there was, the case will be closed and no further action will be taken. If there was not a green flag, it is highly likely that the case will go before the FIA Court of Appeal.
Under a strict interpretation of the rules, it would seem to have little option in that scenario to impose a penalty. But it may well feel it has to evaluate how much of an effect on the result of the race a drive-through penalty for Vettel at the time would have had.
BBC Sport asked the FIA:
- If the stewards of the Brazilian Grand Prix had investigated the incident in question during the race.
- If there was a green flag waved on lap four at the marshals' post on the inside of the track after the exit of Turn Three.
- If the FIA was now investigating the incident.
The FIA declined to comment.

GP
28-11-2012, 10:17 PM
He made about 3 passes under yellow flags, none of which were shown by the FOM world feed, Sky had to rustle up their own replay for one of them.

They all seemed to be swept under the carpet at the time. Surely it's too late to do anything now.

McNamara That Ghost...
28-11-2012, 10:32 PM
That'd be a horrible way to win it, although Alonso wouldn't have done anything wrong I suppose.

GP
28-11-2012, 10:35 PM
Rules is rules, I suppose.

McNamara That Ghost...
28-11-2012, 10:37 PM
Yup. Although it doesn't reflect well on the FIA how long it would have taken to decide the World Championship result.

GP
28-11-2012, 10:39 PM
I'd laugh quite a lot if the result was changed, but I really can't see it happening.

Anyway, I think Toro Rosso ownership is a much more serious issue.

Can you imagine one person being allowed to own 2 premier league teams, with the lesser team rolling over for the senior team every time?

McNamara That Ghost...
28-11-2012, 10:45 PM
Well unless you have a Ricciardo playing for you, then you'll try to wipe out the other teams star player.

GP
28-11-2012, 11:53 PM
There's always one who doesn't read the memo.

GP
18-12-2012, 02:18 PM
Four Brits on the grid next year as Max Chilton takes the 2nd Marussia seat.

GP
21-12-2012, 02:01 PM
Suzi Perry will replace Jake Humphrey as BBC presenter next year.

LDG
21-12-2012, 02:40 PM
Suzi Perry will replace Jake Humphrey as BBC presenter next year.

She's the wrong side of good looking now, unfortunately.

I still would, mind.

PGFC
21-12-2012, 04:01 PM
She's filth, you just know she'd ask for anal :good:

McNamara That Ghost...
22-01-2013, 06:02 PM
Mercedes want to replace Ross Brawn apparently.

Poor old Lewis.

GP
22-01-2013, 06:35 PM
Yeah, all a bit odd, this.

They apparently want Paddy Lowe from McLaren, but I'm not sure why he'd want to go there.

Niall_Quinn
22-01-2013, 11:45 PM
Yeah, all a bit odd, this.

They apparently want Paddy Lowe from McLaren, but I'm not sure why he'd want to go there.

I wonder if Braun had anything to do with the Schumacher comeback and is now paying the price? No question about the guy's talent, so probably political.

GP
23-01-2013, 12:13 AM
Brawn is obviously being forced out. I just can't see any place for him.

The last 3 years have been a disaster for Merc, so he has to take at least some of the blame.

GP
25-01-2013, 01:57 PM
Timo Glock has been booted out of Marussia. He will drive for BWM in the DTM.