View Full Version : Cricket Thread

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22

Cripps_orig
21-11-2011, 01:37 PM
222-6 at Tea

Aussies need the crazy 88 runs

SA need fantastic 4 wickets

Game on

More importantly, Sachin goes home tomorrow as India take on WI in Mumbai.

100 100s coming up

Syn
21-11-2011, 01:43 PM
So it goes down to the last session of the last day of the last test to settle the series.The quality of cric has been sensational.

Cripps_orig
21-11-2011, 01:52 PM
The stadium is empty :haha:

Tests :rose:

IBK
21-11-2011, 01:58 PM
So it goes down to the last session of the last day of the last test to settle the series.The quality of cric has been sensational.

Especially the batting in the first game...

McNamara That Ghost...
21-11-2011, 02:01 PM
68 needed, 242-6 currently. Looking like this is Australia's.

Syn
21-11-2011, 02:27 PM
Especially the batting in the first game...

I'm not so sure it was bad batting. Morkel and Philander were bowling 3 unplayable balls an over.

And :scarf: Looks like the Aussies might get there.

Syn
21-11-2011, 02:38 PM
Haddin has a 50! Given the context of the game, I wonder if a wicketkeeper has ever played a more personally important innings, ever.

28 runs left, still 4 wickets remaining.

The floodlights come on. The sun is still shining, but it might be on its last legs.

Cripps_orig
21-11-2011, 02:39 PM
28 needed from 25 odd overs

In a limited over game, Batting side would be favourite here.

In Tests where it takes 30 odd overs to score 25 runs, its game on

Syn
21-11-2011, 02:40 PM
It is getting a wee bit dark now.

This would be cruel

McNamara That Ghost...
21-11-2011, 02:41 PM
287-7, Haddin goes!

Syn
21-11-2011, 02:43 PM
noooooo!

no!

fuck!

Cripps_orig
21-11-2011, 02:45 PM
noooooo!

no!

fuck!Aussie fan?

McNamara That Ghost...
21-11-2011, 02:48 PM
18 needed.

Cripps_orig
21-11-2011, 02:49 PM
8th down

Syn
21-11-2011, 02:50 PM
:faint:

Cripps_orig
21-11-2011, 02:52 PM
Commentators :lol:

Trying their hardest to convince the viewers that Tests arent dying

Whos this Cummins dude?

Syn
21-11-2011, 02:53 PM
Shouldn't have taken that third run. Johnsons set..should be keeping strike.

McNamara That Ghost...
21-11-2011, 02:55 PM
The pitch just exploded. Well I assume so given Philander's wide.

IBK
21-11-2011, 02:56 PM
OH FFFFFFFFFFFSSSS!

McNamara That Ghost...
21-11-2011, 02:58 PM
Nine needed. Cummins on strike though.

Syn
21-11-2011, 02:58 PM
I so wish Danny Morrison was commentating.

McNamara That Ghost...
21-11-2011, 03:00 PM
Steyn put one down! Tahir does his best to give the Aussies a boundary too.

McNamara That Ghost...
And he did. Five needed.

Syn
Has steyn dropped the series?

McNamara That Ghost...
21-11-2011, 03:01 PM
Tailenders. :bow:

They're brilliant.

Cripps_orig
21-11-2011, 03:01 PM
Steyn the new Gibbs?

McNamara That Ghost...
21-11-2011, 03:03 PM
Cummins is swinging from the hip.

Syn
21-11-2011, 03:05 PM
Tahir on. He's a good bowler.

Syn
21-11-2011, 03:06 PM
Googly inevitable here.

McNamara That Ghost...
21-11-2011, 03:07 PM
Tahir's delivery goes to review.

McNamara That Ghost...
21-11-2011, 03:08 PM
It'll stay not out though it would've hit the stumps.

Cripps_orig
21-11-2011, 03:08 PM
Wtf?

How is that not out?

Ball was hitting the wicket

An absolute shocker from DRS, Umpires etc

Cricket is well and truly dead

McNamara That Ghost...
21-11-2011, 03:09 PM
Ausssies win by two wickets. Series tied at 1-1. South Africa haven't won a Test series against the Aussies in South Africa for a long time.

IBK
CocK"!

Cripps_orig
Aussies win but that takes 2nd fiddle to an absoulte shocking decision by the umpires both on the field and off.

Syn
21-11-2011, 03:10 PM
Well done Australia.

Series tied 1-1.

Cricket is the real winner.

On we go to the main event in Bombay tomorrow. Virat kohli to hit a double hundred to cement his place in the squad to travel to Australia.

Marc Overmars
21-11-2011, 04:24 PM
They were talking on SSN earlier about 1 man and his dog turning up to watch this match between 2 big sides.

Maybe Ach was right about Tests?

Cripps_orig
21-11-2011, 04:27 PM
They were talking on SSN earlier about 1 man and his dog turning up to watch this match between 2 big sides.

No maybe about it

This was always going to be a close final day yet the stands were empty and this is between 2 top sides, not Pub Teamers like Zimbabwe, England or Bangladesh.

The commentator was a bit Comical Aliesque saying that Tests are far from dead when at the same time you can see empty stands.

Syn
21-11-2011, 05:00 PM

Right about what - that ODIs and Twenty 20s are better? No, it's just childish stuff that I'm not even sure he believes but it has been refreshing not to have to read it. Test Cricket is proper cricket; it is a much better test of technique and 99% of cricketers (including those who have, or do, play cricket to a decent level - like myself) know this. It's much more than it being 'longer', the red ball and wickets behave completely differently. There's not much to debate over this.

Right about the interest of Test Cricket dropping? This is more debatable but I don't think so. At the grassroots level (upto Country Cricket), interest has definitely dropped massively. At the international scene, I don't think there is much difference. There might be some logical foundation to the claim if it weren't for the fact that SA are almost as bad as West Indies when it comes to their management of cricket. Their stadiums are quite often empty - so if you're looking for a fall in interest over time, you're not going to find it. In any case, I'm not sure ticket sales are the best way to measure interest. A Test match runs for 5 days, each day starts from 10:30am (or 11) and finishes around 6pm. Due to the length of the game, it doesn't do any favours in that everyone needs to go to work or have other 1 or 2hr commitments throughout the day. Viewing figures on the box will be as high as ever.

Where shorter cricket is more successful is attracting new non-cricket fans to watch games. In the same way even non-football fans are excited when a penalty shoot-out is going on. But I think that effect is diminishing fast.

What does annoy me though are the commentators and pundits these days (particularly tend to be English) who feel the need to keep defending Test Cricket. The post-match analysis in the studio was littered with comments like "That's why Test Cricket is the purest form of the game" or "There's no real substitute for Test Cricket..." etc. There's nothing wrong in calling it a great game when it's a great game, but it reeks of desperation when they feel the need to keep bigging up the format. There is no need. Everyone watching knows it. I get a feeling they'll stop as soon as England go and get battered in 3 Tests in Asia against Pakistan, before they get battered in the Test series in Sri Lanka which they will have played by March. By the time the next Ashes comes around, they'll have gone down the rankings after those sub-continent series.

McNamara That Ghost...
21-11-2011, 05:32 PM
Plus it's a Monday and South African grounds aren't packed for most cricket anyway. There were a lot more people there on Saturday and Sunday, as you'd expect.

Cripps_orig
21-11-2011, 05:46 PM
Right about what - that ODIs and Twenty 20s are better? No, it's just childish stuff that I'm not even sure he believes but it has been refreshing not to have to read it. Test Cricket is proper cricket; it is a much better test of technique and 99% of cricketers (including those who have, or do, play cricket to a decent level - like myself) know this. It's much more than it being 'longer', the red ball and wickets behave completely differently. There's not much to debate over this.

Right about the interest of Test Cricket dropping? This is more debatable but I don't think so. At the grassroots level (upto Country Cricket), interest has definitely dropped massively. At the international scene, I don't think there is much difference. There might be some logical foundation to the claim if it weren't for the fact that SA are almost as bad as West Indies when it comes to their management of cricket. Their stadiums are quite often empty - so if you're looking for a fall in interest over time, you're not going to find it. In any case, I'm not sure ticket sales are the best way to measure interest. A Test match runs for 5 days, each day starts from 10:30am (or 11) and finishes around 6pm. Due to the length of the game, it doesn't do any favours in that everyone needs to go to work or have other 1 or 2hr commitments throughout the day. Viewing figures on the box will be as high as ever.

Where shorter cricket is more successful is attracting new non-cricket fans to watch games. In the same way even non-football fans are excited when a penalty shoot-out is going on. But I think that effect is diminishing fast.

What does annoy me though are the commentators and pundits these days (particularly tend to be English) who feel the need to keep defending Test Cricket. The post-match analysis in the studio was littered with comments like "That's why Test Cricket is the purest form of the game" or "There's no real substitute for Test Cricket..." etc. There's nothing wrong in calling it a great game when it's a great game, but it reeks of desperation when they feel the need to keep bigging up the format. There is no need. Everyone watching knows it. I get a feeling they'll stop as soon as England go and get battered in 3 Tests in Asia against Pakistan, before they get battered in the Test series in Sri Lanka which they will have played by March. By the time the next Ashes comes around, they'll have gone down the rankings after those sub-continent series.

Why is it childish? Its more entertaining and you get to see what Cricket is about ie taking wickets and scoring runs and we dont need 5 days to see it.

The interest in Tests have dropped rapidly at the same time the limited over cricket has come to the fore. There is a link there. Fans are more excited in seeing runs scored and wickets taken regularly rather than balls being left or blocked every other ball. There is no skill in that. Anyone who thinks that has no idea about cricket whatsoever.

The Test Championship scheduled for 2013 has been cancelled purely because no one is interested in it. They havent come out and said this is the reason because it would put the final nail in to the coffin but what reason have they given for cancelling it? I havent heard any.

As you say, to get more people in to the game, not just the crowd but playing, you need T20s for that. Ive asked this many a time on here which has never been answered so il ask one more time. Ask a kid whos just heard of Cricket and wants to get in to it, what would he rather watch/play? What do you think he would say? The old timers/purists need to realise that Tests are not at all entertaining anymore and not a crowd puller. You get the odd match here and there like today which is excellent but the last exciting Test was in 2005 so an exciting Test match every 6 years doesnt wash.

The fact they keep bigging up Tests pretty much confirms Tests are ona downward spiral. Dont get me wrong, Tests wont die out completely but they clearly come 3rd. When you have a 27 year old Malinga, one of the best in the world and at his peak retiring from Tests to concentrate on limited over games, its a damning indictment on where Tests stand

Cripps_orig
22-11-2011, 04:16 PM
WI 267-2

Top 4 all got half centuries

Ashwin with the 2 wickets

Cripps_orig
23-11-2011, 11:56 AM
575-9 at the end of day 2

Looks like a draw is best India can hope for.

Looks a great batting wicket. Expecting the 100 100s to happen within the next couple of days

Syn
23-11-2011, 02:56 PM
I fucking hate Bombay - everyone (apart from Tendulkar) and everything about it is tacky, backwards and wrong. They are bigoted subhuman filth and must be wiped out.

So naturally the Indians in charge put Tendulkar's potential milestone ahead of the team and prepared the kind of wicket that a decent side could score 1000 runs on. Per innings. When, not if, when Sachin gets his 100 tomorrow (or the next day), it'll be the most hollow and cheapest hundred of them all. And the moronic thing about it is - if they had known anything about Tendulkar, it's that he would've much preferred the 3-0 whitewash than a draw where everyone capable of holding a bat can get 50+.

Anyway, Varun Aaron is rapid and should play in Australia alongside the Indian Peter Crouch. Kohli will probably block his way to a ton and be in the frame too.

Marc Overmars
23-11-2011, 03:23 PM
Nothing wrong with Mumbai tbf. Good restaurants and GHEL bars.

Cripps_orig
23-11-2011, 03:32 PM
The series is won

The only thing every true Indian wants to see in this Test is the 100 100s. More important than anything else

Syn
23-11-2011, 03:40 PM
Yeah, if you're not Muslim and not poor, it's a friendly place. They have wannabe, tacky GHEL bars at Marine Drive - but it's like they're trying to catch up with the West but are still lagging way behind. The freshies with the collar up are good to laugh at. The only good thing about them is they play 90s music that you 'big fish, little fish' through ironically. I've got close (blood-wise) relatives in Mumbai that I never talk to and don't want to know - disgusting people. Just like the rest. Thankfully the apple fell far from the tree. #TMIandgeneralisingftwandollieisstillabender

Dehli's the best place in India - I wouldn't mind working there for a year or two trying to sort that shithole out.

Marc Overmars
23-11-2011, 04:03 PM
I did find it a bit disconcerting walking back to our hotel pissed, only to stumble past several slums. You can imagine the looks we must have got. Goa was where it was at though tbf. I think it combined Indian and GHEL culture well.

Need to revist India at some point tbh.

Syn
23-11-2011, 05:01 PM
Surprised you didn't get mugged. Forgot about Goa - actually that's the best place in India....mainly because it's not India - just beaches full of stoner 'musicians'/hippies.

McNamara That Ghost...
24-11-2011, 10:14 AM
India are 236-3. Tendulkar is on 50. Is today the day?

McNamara That Ghost...
24-11-2011, 11:14 AM
No is the answer. 281-3 at stumps. It could be early tomorrow morning though. :popcorn:

Syn
24-11-2011, 11:18 AM
Hope he gets out on 99. Mumbai deserves that. Tendulkar doesn't but he'll get there eventually anyway - and almost certainly in a more meaningful way than this.

I said yesterday that any decent batsman could score 50 on this wicket. So far the only dismissed Indian batsman who hasn't done that is Sehwag. Says a lot.

Syn
25-11-2011, 08:35 AM
He got out on 94:haha:

Cripps_orig
25-11-2011, 08:42 AM
FFS haven't WI read the script? No one cares about them in this Test. No one cares about any Indian player bar Sachin either. Disgusting behaviour from WI.

McNamara That Ghost...
25-11-2011, 12:09 PM
It's beginning to become an albatross on Sachin's neck. What the hell kind of shot was he trying to play?

Syn
25-11-2011, 12:34 PM
Square cut with Sehwag-esque technique. Didn't get over it at all.

Hope he gets there in Sydney. Arguably his best innings and the one that made him noticed was his second Test century in Sydney - which would've been 20 years ago. Incredible, if you think about it.

He looks in reasonable touch right now - as his series average would show. But he's not the classy shot-maker he once was. In the last few years, his style is quite boring. It's still unique, but boring. Someone like Kohli has a more appealing style of batting for the neutral.

I suspect this Australia tour will be the last for one of the 3 legends (Tendulkar, Dravid or Laxman)...I don't know who though.

Coney
25-11-2011, 01:09 PM
http://26.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_last8ah6Pi1qa7bd3o1_400.jpg

Syn
26-11-2011, 10:34 AM
Kohli. What a fucking player.

McNamara That Ghost...
26-11-2011, 11:20 AM
Brilliant finish. India need two to win, only one more delivery left. India are 241-8.

McNamara That Ghost...
26-11-2011, 11:21 AM
It's a draw! 242-9.

Syn
26-11-2011, 11:28 AM
Lost all respect for West Indies. Think of the time-wasting pub-teams used to do against us from the 60th minute and multiply it by 1000. They really have no pride at all.

Anyway, good series. Ashwin had a fantastic game.

Syn
26-11-2011, 12:44 PM
http://p.imgci.com/db/PICTURES/CMS/139400/139498.jpg

Smalltime cunt.

Syn
26-11-2011, 12:49 PM
In fact, so disgusted with the Windies that Sir Viv must go.

In comes another legend who has impacted his sport equally.

Cripps_orig
27-11-2011, 12:13 AM
Another drawn Test :sleep: Called it at the end of the WI first innings. Nevertheless its a Test India should have won and easily. To not be able to score 240 odd in over 60 overs pathetic. They can't complain about running out of time. How many of the balls they faced did they block or leave for no reason? Exactly. Just one shot from the hundreds of blocked/left shot would have gave them victory. Tests have truly died

Cripps_orig
28-11-2011, 02:54 PM
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/cricket/15899824.stm

Swann :doh:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/cricket/15909339.stm

Yuvraj :bow:

Ollie the Optimist
28-11-2011, 07:27 PM
why you annoyed at swann? is it cos he dispproves your theory that all cricketers dont like tests? jimmy anderson said the same thing about too much ODI cricket and not enough tests.

personally there is too much ODI, seven match series etc just get boring. should be a max of 5. each tour should be a minimum of three tests and 5 ODIs, and a t20 but would rather see there be a couple more test matches

Ollie the Optimist
28-11-2011, 07:51 PM
its kind of cricket related this, cook and strauss up for SPOTY also on list are Cavendish-cycling Clarke, Donald & McIlroy -golf Farah & Greene-athletics Khan-boxing Murray-tennis Strauss & Cook-cricket

imo it should be cook, including the ashes last year in tests alone he has scored 1500 runs, which is a staggering acheviement. strauss captained well and took the team to number one and wining the ashes but cook has just been supberb. no one else on that list stands out more then cook fro me

Cripps_orig
28-11-2011, 07:54 PM
Mo Farah for me

IBK
28-11-2011, 09:44 PM
its kind of cricket related this, cook and strauss up for SPOTY also on list are Cavendish-cycling Clarke, Donald & McIlroy -golf Farah & Greene-athletics Khan-boxing Murray-tennis Strauss & Cook-cricket

imo it should be cook, including the ashes last year in tests alone he has scored 1500 runs, which is a staggering acheviement. strauss captained well and took the team to number one and wining the ashes but cook has just been supberb. no one else on that list stands out more then cook fro me

Cavendish should walk this. Won't though.

Cripps_orig
28-11-2011, 09:58 PM
Who?

Ollie the Optimist
28-11-2011, 10:22 PM
Cavendish should walk this. Won't though.

he is deserving of it too. only reason i say cook is cos i dont follow cycling as much. i know he won the tour de france sprint jersey. still think either of those two would be very desreving

Syn
29-11-2011, 01:11 AM
Snowed under with work I was supposed to get on with, so naturally I started flicking through the channels and fortunately just seen an absolutely fantastic documentary shown on BBC Four on Basil D'Oliveira and the controversy of the South African tour in '68. It's called 'Not Cricket' (http://www.bbc.co.uk/bbcfour/documentaries/features/not-cricket.shtml) and is an absolutely superb account showing the power cricket (and sport in general) has on a wider scale. What a tragic waste of a promising - and what was likely to be - a record-breaking career. Cricketing hero alongside Sir Viv.

And for people (especially the uninformed kids that spout whatever garbage the Telegraph and the 'Barmy Army' are shouting) - this is why I am not full of respect for the English cricketing traditions. I love Test Cricket because I think it's a fantastic sport. The history that goes with it is massively significant but not of all it deserves respect. In fact, a lot of it doesn't deserve respect. People say 'It would be wonderful to get a ton and get your name on the Lord's honours board'...if I ever played a Test match at Lord's (and don't write me off just yet), I wouldn't be trilled at having my name listed alongside the names of some absolute twats. MCC was a shameful, pathetic boys club and so were many of the twats that played for England. Gubby Allen...twat. Colin Cowdrey...fat twat. Doug Insole...fat twat. John Arlott...legend. Fair play to England though for letting at least one deserving South African play for them.

Cripps_orig
29-11-2011, 02:58 PM
WI 211-9 in their 50 overs

India 102-5 off 22 overs

Sachin isnt playing so interest in the game is low

Syn
29-11-2011, 05:15 PM
India won. Just. Rohit Sharma hit 72.

Close game - poor cricket by both sides though.

Syn
02-12-2011, 03:25 PM
Kohli's playing well today if anyone wants to see some beautiful tekkers. India chasing a competitive 270, and are 84-3 atm.

Sehwag, after being dropped twice, gets caught on the boundary. What a failure.

Cripps_orig
02-12-2011, 06:28 PM
India won by 5

Kohli got a century

Sharma in the 90s

Cripps_orig
05-12-2011, 01:40 PM
WI 260-5 off their 50 overs

India 43-3 off 9 overs

Sehwag and Gambhir both out first ball

Kohli also gone for 20 odd

Syn
05-12-2011, 02:32 PM
India are getting utterly robbed in the 3rd ODI today. Umpire gave Kohli out for absolutely no reason - no chance in hell that was an lbw...Kohli went mental, started swearing at him and he might well get a ban for the next few games (should be ok to play in Australia, hopefully). Then an off-form Raina was given caught down leg-side when the ball was nowhere near the bat. Jadeja was just given out as well off a clear no ball but thankfully the umpires reversed the decision.

Cripps_orig
05-12-2011, 02:35 PM
105-6

Jadeja run out

Cripps_orig
05-12-2011, 05:04 PM
WI win by 16 runs

McNamara That Ghost...
08-12-2011, 10:30 AM
Fourth ODI is on now, India are 156-0. Sehwag is on 85, Gambhir is on 65.

McNamara That Ghost...
08-12-2011, 10:39 AM
176-1, Gambhir effectively ran out by Sehwag. Sehwag had only just got his century, too.

McNamara That Ghost...
08-12-2011, 11:51 AM
305-1 off 39.3 overs. :lol:

Syn
08-12-2011, 12:01 PM
Sehwag is on 187*...Really hope he doesn't break tendulkars record...sachin did it against an excellent south Africa team. If he just bats out the overs, he'll get there easily.

McNamara That Ghost...
08-12-2011, 12:03 PM
He's running everyone else out so I'd be surprised if he isn't still there.

Syn
08-12-2011, 12:09 PM
340-2...and now they're dealing in singles.

It's quite obvious what the priority is - and it's an individual record as opposed to the team world record. They should be trying to smash it about to all corners.

Pathetic stuff from India...forget individual records, the team comes first.

This will be the cheapest record since Lara's pathetic and selfish 400* (when he didn't declare and put himself before the team).

McNamara That Ghost...
08-12-2011, 12:11 PM
341-3, Jadeja goes. Went for the big one but wasn't balanced for it at all.

McNamara That Ghost...
08-12-2011, 12:12 PM
Sehwag has his double century.

Cripps_orig
08-12-2011, 12:15 PM
Just turned on and the first thing i see is Sehwag getting the boundary to get the highest score in ODI history

Me :bow: for perfect timing

Sehwag :bow:

Brilliant stuff.

Sehwag haters :haha: hope they stfu now cos they know f all abot cricket

McNamara That Ghost...
08-12-2011, 12:27 PM
Sehwag out for 219. 376-4.

Cripps_orig
08-12-2011, 12:28 PM
Sehwag out for 219

Every WI player shakes his hand. Thats the kind of respect he gets in the game of Cricket.

India should declare now. No one gives a fuck about the other 3 and a half overs left.

In fact, let him bowl 10 overs when India field.

Simply brilliant.

Some Pub Teamer called Kohli out there now :sleep:

Syn
08-12-2011, 12:28 PM
The ultimate flat-track bully departs for a selfish 219. Has there been a batsman who has held a major record with such poor technique? I doubt it.

The world's most stylish batsman in now.

Cripps_orig
08-12-2011, 12:38 PM
If any WI batsmen leaves or blocks a ball, he should be shot

McNamara That Ghost...
08-12-2011, 12:43 PM
India make 418-5. A repeat of that Australia vs South Africa game would be good viewing. Fairly unlikely though.

Cripps_orig
08-12-2011, 12:44 PM
418-5 off 50 overs

If WI lose by less than 100 runs then they'll have done well

Indias highest ever ODI score that is and only one man deserves all the credit

Syn
08-12-2011, 12:48 PM
Kohli 23* and finishes with the beautiful shot through extra-cover for 4.

Probably the best innings of the game.

West Indies will have 13 minutes less for Lunch because they went over the allotted time. I can't work if that is a punishment for being crap...I don't think they wasted much time - collecting the ball from the boundary every other ball takes time.

"The umpires will also be tired because they'd have had to signal 4's and 6's"...shut up commentator. :lol:

Sehwag says he didn't change his style of play when he was approaching 200...it's all there on TV you fat fuck :lol: Of course you changed your style, you selfish cunt. India would've walked the world record if he and Jadeja didn't slow down.

Cripps_orig
08-12-2011, 12:53 PM
Sehwags interview at the end :bow:

Proper team player, taking the risk to play shots so his team can have a good start and then continuing on through out

Syn
08-12-2011, 12:59 PM
Great hearing Robert Croft in the studio.

Was an excellent all-round cricketer. Very underrated.

Syn
08-12-2011, 01:10 PM
Didn't realise Sammy dropped an easy chance when Sehwag was on 170....

Just can't get through an innings without 3975847 chances, can he?

That's what separates the greats. If you get enough chances, anyone can just keep throwing the bat. But to play a chance-less innings requires skill.

Syn
08-12-2011, 01:14 PM
Liking Croft's tweed jacket.

Looking good, is Rob.

Iconic individual.

Cripps_orig
08-12-2011, 01:15 PM
Didnt realise Sehwag was the captain

Dhoni :wave:

WI innings has started

1 run off 2 balls :haha:

Cripps_orig
08-12-2011, 01:24 PM
13-1

Someone run out

Cripps_orig
08-12-2011, 01:54 PM
2nd wicket down

71-2 atm

Cripps_orig
08-12-2011, 02:01 PM
81-3

Sharma gets his first wicket at International level in his first over

Danger man Samuels gone

Cripps_orig
08-12-2011, 02:10 PM
90-4

Sharma again

Syn
08-12-2011, 02:11 PM
In a game with cheap thrills, pub-team bowling, and the ball flashing to the short boundary - this new leg-spinner Sharma is putting in a very classy performance. He has taken 2 wickets in his 2 overs of international cricket so far...and looks threatening with almost every ball. Quite similar to Anil Kumble in that he's tall for a traditional spinner and bowls quite quick too.

Cripps_orig
08-12-2011, 02:18 PM
100-5

Sharma with his 3rd

What a debut

Syn
08-12-2011, 02:19 PM
Haha bowled. He gets another one. He's bowling extremely well - though that was a rubbish shot by Pollard.

Cripps_orig
08-12-2011, 02:49 PM
140-6

Raina :bow:

Cripps_orig
08-12-2011, 02:56 PM
145-7

Cripps_orig
08-12-2011, 03:18 PM
168-8

Jadeja with the wicket

Cripps_orig
08-12-2011, 03:44 PM
201-9

Jadeja again

Boss
08-12-2011, 03:56 PM
Sehwag :bow: :bow: :bow:

Cripps_orig
08-12-2011, 04:16 PM
India win by 153 runs

Decent partnership at the end by WI pub teamers one who got 90 odd

Sehwag :bow:

Cripps_orig
09-12-2011, 02:18 PM
Test squad: AJ Strauss (Captain), James Anderson, Ian Bell, Ravi Bopara, Tim Bresnan, Stuart Broad, Alastair Cook, Steven Davies, Steven Finn (wkt), Eoin Morgan, Monty Panesar, Kevin Pietersen, Matt Prior (wkt), Graeme Swann, Chris Tremlett, Jonathan Trott

England squad v Pakistan

Panesar :bow:

Cripps_orig
11-12-2011, 11:51 AM
India 235-3 off 44 overs

They were 1-2

Rahane and Patel both out first ball. Sehwag not playing :doh:

Tiwary got 104 and is retired hurt

Kohli in the 80s

McNamara That Ghost...
12-12-2011, 10:10 AM
New Zealand won the second test against Australia by seven runs. Some finish to that one apparently. Highlights are on at 1:30.

Aussies. :haha:

Syn
12-12-2011, 03:20 PM
New Zealand won the second test against Australia by seven runs. Some finish to that one apparently. Highlights are on at 1:30.

Aussies. :haha:

Amazing match.

I watched days 3 and 4 but missed it last night :doh:

McNamara That Ghost...
13-12-2011, 01:08 PM
Finally got round to watch the highlights.

Very amusing when they brought up the poll of who would win the test. 82% had voted for the Aussies, 18% had voted for NZ. Tony Grieg chimes in saying of the NZ voters " yup they're going with their hearts, not their heads". :haha:

Syn
13-12-2011, 01:50 PM
Finally got round to watch the highlights.

Very amusing when they brought up the poll of who would win the test. 82% had voted for the Aussies, 18% had voted for NZ. Tony Grieg chimes in saying of the NZ voters " yup they're going with their hearts, not their heads". :haha:

:haha: :haha:

Still hasn't learned his lesson?

Although he's a bumbling idiot, I quite like him. At least he's entertaining.

Also - Sky Sports still have commentary from Richie Beneud :bow:

Syn
14-12-2011, 01:31 PM
Dravid gave the 'Bradman Oration' this year:

Rahul Dravid (http://www.espncricinfo.com/ci/content/player/28114.html) believes day-night Test cricket should be seriously considered in an effort to bring fans back to the longer form of the game. Dravid was in Canberra on Wednesday night to deliver the annual Bradman Oration, in which he also urged the ICC to scale back the number of meaningless one-day internationals and instead focus 50-over cricket on major tournaments like the World Cup.
The first foreign player to deliver the Bradman Oration, which has been held since 2000, Dravid spoke of charting a clear road-map for the three formats as one of the biggest challenges facing the game. He said it was clear that the three formats could not continue to be played in equal amounts, but that none should be allowed to die out.
"Cricket must find a middle path," Dravid said. "It must scale down this mad merry-go-round that teams and players find themselves in: heading off for two-Test tours and seven-match ODI series with a few Twenty20s thrown in."
Dravid described Test cricket as "the gold standard" and the form that the players most wanted to play, and T20 as the cricket that fans wanted to see. To encourage spectators back to Test grounds around the world is a challenge for cricket administrators, and Dravid said it was important to keep the fans in mind, hence the potential of day-night Test cricket.

"Test cricket deserves to be protected, it is what the world's best know they will be judged by," he said. "Where I come from, nation versus nation is what got people interested in cricket in the first place. When I hear the news that a country is playing without some of its best players, I always wonder, what do their fans think?

"People may not be able to turn up to watch Test cricket but everyone follows the scores. We may not fill 65,000 capacity stadiums for Test matches, but we must actively fight to get as many as we can in, to create a Test match environment that the players and the fans feed off. Anything but the sight of Tests played on empty grounds.
"For that, we have got to play Test cricket that people can watch. I don't think day-night Tests or a Test championship should be dismissed. In March of last year I played a day-night first-class game in Abu Dhabi for the MCC - and my experience from that was that day-night Tests is an idea seriously worth exploring. There may be some challenges in places where there is dew but the visibility and durability of the pink cricket ball was not an issue."
Dravid also said that a Test championship would encourage every team and player to deliver strong performances in every match, with context provided for every Test. At the moment, there is an ICC Test rankings table but the inaugural Test championship will not be held until 2017, when Dravid will be 44 years old.
The ICC had hoped to bring the championship forward to 2013 and use it to replace the Champions Trophy, but commitments to the broadcaster and sponsors meant that could not be done. Dravid said he was against the idea of scrapping ODIs altogether but believed that events like the World Cup and the Champions Trophy should be the focus, with other ODIs contributing to rankings for those events.
"Since about, I think 1985, people have been saying that there is too much meaningless one-day cricket," he said. "Maybe it's finally time to do something about it ... Anything makes more sense than seven-match ODI series."
More context for matches might also help draw crowds back to the game. Dravid said he had been surprised to see the lack of spectators at an ODI series featuring India this year and he described the sight of empty stands as "alarming".
"India played its first one-day international at home in November 1981 when I was nine," he said. "Between then and now we have played 277 one-dayers at home; the five-match series against England in October was the first time our grounds were not full for an ODI featuring the Indian team.
"The India v England ODI series had no context, because the two countries had played each other in four Tests and five ODIs just a few weeks before. When India and the West Indies played ODIs a month after that, the grounds were full but this time matches were played in smaller venues that didn't host too much international cricket. Maybe our clues are all there and we must remain vigilant."
Dravid said that even if fans were watching on television, the experience was not the same. And that, he argued, could have consequences in the long term.
"Whatever the reasons are - maybe it is too much cricket or too little by way of comfort for spectators. The fan has sent us a message and we must listen. This is not mere sentimentality. Empty stands do not make for good television. Bad television can lead to a fall in ratings, the fall in ratings will be felt by media planners and advertisers' looking elsewhere.
"If that happens, it is hard to see television rights around cricket being as sought after as they have always been in the last 15 years. And where does that leave everyone?"

http://www.espncricinfo.com/ci/content/current/story/545358.html

Dravid :bow:

Most underrated batsman (along with Kallis) of the modern game.

I would love test the idea of Day-Night Tests but I can't see it taking off. I get the feeling the red ball would do all sorts of shit under humid conditions under the floodlights.

Dennis Bendtner
18-12-2011, 07:16 PM
Syn :tiphat:

DSL here. What do you think of India's chances in Australia? I was looking forward to it (still am, to be fair) but both teams have borrowed Arsenal's med staff.

Johnson, Cummins, Marsh, Watson, Harris, Ishant Sharma, P. Kumar and Aaron are all either out or doubts for the first Test.

India's attack looks very tame now.

Cripps_orig
18-12-2011, 07:19 PM
SA destroy SL by an innings in their first test

Syn
18-12-2011, 07:35 PM
Syn :tiphat:

DSL here. What do you think of India's chances in Australia? I was looking forward to it (still am, to be fair) but both teams have borrowed Arsenal's med staff.

Johnson, Cummins, Marsh, Watson, Harris, Ishant Sharma, P. Kumar and Aaron are all either out or doubts for the first Test.

India's attack looks very tame now.

DSL :bow:

Hope all’s well.

Yeah, the injury to Aaron is a big shame. For the first time in...well, ever, India were looking as if they had 3 bowlers who could bowl 90mph+. Now it might only be Yadav who isn’t really as quick as Aaron but probably more accurate. It's important that Ishant is fit to play. I don't know what to expect from Zaheer...probably another injury a few overs in.

The batting line-up with the old guard nearing retirement still looks as strong as ever. But unless Ashwin/Ojha start turning the ball, it could be some really long days in the field. That’s the edge England have over the rest atm. If a key bowler is out, they get someone like Bresnan straight in. Whereas India have medium pace crud like Kumar or Sreesanth.

Should be a close contest between 2 well-matched sides. I’ve got a sneaky feeling Laxman will call it a day after this Test Series - he looks in good touch and it’d be a fitting way to go out.

Dennis Bendtner
18-12-2011, 07:43 PM
Likewise. :tiphat:

Can't disagree. I think Yadav looks really good, but you need depth. More reliant than ever on Zaheer Khan.

Apparently the medium pace backup filth for this tour is Vinay Kumar and Mithun. That's a lot worse than Sreesanth, to be honest. More than likely they will be needed, too.

Hopefully if VVS does bow out it's with something as epic as the 281. Well, doubt it, but he loves Aussie-bashing. Hard to see the series outcome really.

Ollie the Optimist
18-12-2011, 11:03 PM
the india aus test series will be close, given recent series in tests, both teams have been shit. aussies have made some big changes to their side and some look good but while they still use johnson and co they will win fuck all. india can win this if they give a shit, play and look like they did in england then they will be thrashed

Dennis Bendtner
19-12-2011, 04:16 PM
the india aus test series will be close, given recent series in tests, both teams have been shit. aussies have made some big changes to their side and some look good but while they still use johnson and co they will win fuck all. india can win this if they give a shit, play and look like they did in england then they will be thrashed

Well Johnson is out of the series, which is a start. Australia have been progressing positively actually. James Pattinson looks good along with Cummins. The next step is kicking Ponting the fuck out - did you know he averages 38 in his last 51 Tests? I was surprised. Then I lolled.

As said, the issue holding India back is injuries and a lack of depth in the bowling. It will probably tell in a four-match series. A draw would be good, but a bit disappointing given India ought to have won at least one of the last two tours there, against the Aussie killing machine rather than these lot.

Syn
20-12-2011, 02:58 AM
Think Kohli's just pipped ahead of Sharma in the battle for the no.6 spot. Scored nearly half the team's runs with a solid 132 in the tour match against a decent selected XI (including players who are/were in the Aussie team recently including Bollinger, Khawaja, Warner and Hughes).

In other news, Pakistan are beating Bangladesh as if they were their wives. They're one fast bowler short (which would've been Amir if he wasn't caught in the betting scandal) but otherwise reasonably strong. Should be a great contest vs England in a month's time.

Syn
21-12-2011, 05:05 AM
Bangladesh are in a struggle to save the match against Pakistan. It's day 5, two sessions left but Pakistan should wrap it up.

Harris and Shane Watson out of the boxing day Test against India.

India likely to be at full strength since I Sharma and Zaheer came through ok in the warm up came.

Sehwag lasted 20 balls in the 2 innings. I was then going to go into a rant about how he will struggle on bouncy Australian wickets but then checked he averages 59.50 in Test matches in Australia in 14 innings. No doubt the fat fuck will fail this time.

Dennis Bendtner
21-12-2011, 02:00 PM
The rant should be about seaming conditions, to be fair. I think his averages in South Africa and England are rock bottom. Pub team filth. Aussie wickets have been flat for a while, so he could be alright. They'll be wary of juicing them up too much given their own troubles against swing e.g. the New Zealand match.

On that subject.

Australia squad for first Test against India: Michael Clarke (capt), Ed Cowan, David Warner, Shaun Marsh, Ricky Ponting, Michael Hussey, Daniel Christian, Brad Haddin (wk), Peter Siddle, James Pattinson, Mitchell Starc, Nathan Lyon, Ben Hilfenhaus.

Who the fuck is Cowan tbf? Scored a hundred in the warm-ups. Not exactly young, so might be another Chris Rogers.

Good move bringing back Hilfenhaus.

Cripps_orig
26-12-2011, 01:31 AM
Aussies 68-2Rain stopped play. Yadav with both wickets

McNamara That Ghost...
26-12-2011, 11:15 AM
Australia closed on 277-6. Aussies were 205-3 at one point. :lol:

Cripps_orig
27-12-2011, 01:23 AM
333 all out

Zaheer with 4, Ashwin and Yadav with 3 each

Cripps_orig
27-12-2011, 01:37 AM
Zaheer got Mr Cricket first ball btw

:lol:

Syn
27-12-2011, 02:56 AM
Indians 42/1 in reply to Australia's 333. Gambhir is an absolute liability right now. And I've put money on Sehwag pissing away this good start and getting out before 50 on Ladbrokes.

Syn
27-12-2011, 03:38 AM
Jesus...Sehwag has been dropped 3 times and survived several close shaves. And he has made it to 58 so far. The jammy fat fuck.

Cripps_orig
27-12-2011, 11:26 AM
India 214-3 Sehwag got 60 odd :bow: Tendulkar was bowled on 73 in the last over of the day.

Dennis Bendtner
27-12-2011, 02:09 PM
Decided to make a go of it last night/this morning. Did quite well. Knackered, but a good day. Tendulkar was phenomenal. A technically textbook genius. All this 100th hundred stuff is unfortunately overshadowing all the good at the moment.

Tony Greig is a clown.

A solid lead is on the horizon if India see off the first hour with just the nightwatchman out. Come on cricket.

Syn
27-12-2011, 02:18 PM
Decent day. Tendulkar was indeed brilliant. Seemed to enjoy that glance over the slips. Dravid was surprisingly shaky and was very lucky not to be out. Not ony was he dropped but also bowled off a no-ball. Don know why Tony greig was going nuts over that...the Indians didn't complain about it - the umpire wanted to go upstairs.

Don't trust anyone after we are 5 down. Dhoni onwards are garbage. Up to dravid, laxman and kohli to add another 250 runs to the team total.

Dennis Bendtner
27-12-2011, 02:42 PM
They all have a bee in their bonnet about DRS. It helps if you know what it actually is. DRS isn't and never has involved checking no-balls...that's umpire common sense. They seem to think limiting technology should mean no technology at all, which would make run-outs a bit of a farce.

Cripps_orig
27-12-2011, 09:47 PM
Watching the highlights atm

What an innings by Sehwag. Unlucky to be out the way he was.

Dravid looks to be having a shocker

Cripps_orig
27-12-2011, 09:55 PM
Just seen the no ball wicket

Aussies :haha:

Syn
27-12-2011, 11:45 PM
Dravid's got bowled early here. 215/4 and now it looks like India might not even get to Aussies 333.

The commentators are having a full-on argument live on air. Tony Greig is going mental. THe other commentator called him on his pointless whining yesterday. "What were you moaning about yesterday? It was a no-ball. I don't know why you were moaning". "I wasn't moaning", "Yes you were" "You need to get your hearing aid switched on"... :lol:

Then the other commentator walked away and somebody came in quickly to replace him and apologised for the tension. Greig says: "He's been away for a while so you need to let him warm up".

:popcorn:

Just sack the old shit.

Syn
28-12-2011, 12:01 AM
Laxman goes for 2. This is a disaster.

edit: Kohli's in now and just hit a glorious cover drive. He's treating this like a one-day game which is probably the best way to go about it being one of the best ODI batsmen in the game right now. Almost a shot a ball right now. But even if he sticks around, he's going to run out of partners the way 'experience' is getting out.

Cripps_orig
28-12-2011, 02:11 AM
282 all out :doh:

Ashwin the only one to put up some resistance with 31

Everyone from Tendulkar down in the score card were awful

Hilfenhaus with 5 wickets

Cripps_orig
28-12-2011, 03:34 AM
Aussies 34-4

fakeyank
28-12-2011, 04:29 AM
Any of you know where to get links for this?

Syn
28-12-2011, 01:34 PM
I have access to Sky right now so I'm not relying on streams but usually I just google 'cricket streams' and something'll come up.

What an amazing day of cric. 15 wickets going down. If India can get the target to under 250 (i.e. if they can take the last two Aussie wickets for 20 runs), I will fancy their chances...otherwise it'll be very tough. The pitch is deteriorating fast.

Cripps_orig
28-12-2011, 02:50 PM
Aussies 179-8 at the close

Hussey still there on 79

Cripps_orig
28-12-2011, 04:34 PM
SA v SL 2nd Test going on as well

All SL atm

338 and 256-7

SA 168

SL lead by 426

Cripps_orig
28-12-2011, 04:40 PM
Watching highlights of Aus v Ind

Didnt realise Dravid dropped Hussey. Very easy as well. Hes had a shocker

McNamara That Ghost...
29-12-2011, 12:57 AM
I'm a bit drunk so I do suspect I will be up to watch this for a bit. India are 1 for 0, the target is 292. Unlikely Tendulkar wiill get his century in this one.

Syn
29-12-2011, 01:11 AM
India have blown it. A fucking 40+ 11th wicket partnership between 10 and 11...jesus christ. :doh:

Although India have been fucked over with 3 clear wickets being denied by the umpires. I'm as big a fan of DRS review as anyone else but it's stupid umpiring.

McNamara That Ghost...
29-12-2011, 01:17 AM
I don't think they have blown it, it only takes one good partnership to derail this Aussie attack.

McNamara That Ghost...
29-12-2011, 01:20 AM
Sorry. 17/1, Sehwag goes with a stupidly wild shot.

Syn
29-12-2011, 01:21 AM
Another fantastic shot by Sehwag.

"Well that's just the way he plays"...and it's fucking idiotic. The fat ugly mess.

Syn
29-12-2011, 01:31 AM
How are these commentators getting paid for this? Fucking idiots.

He had to stop the play because the fielder was mouthing something when the bowler was running up. If you don't want to bowler to run up all the way, ask your fielder to shut up.

This commentary is as biased as I can remember. Thankfully these bitter old fuckers will be in the coffin before long.

McNamara That Ghost...
29-12-2011, 01:34 AM
India are 24-1 at lunch.

And apart from Benaud, they're all idiots on Channel 9.

Syn
29-12-2011, 01:45 AM
True.

I don't mind our guy - Mark Nicholas. But don't know if he's on CHannel 9 or not.

In other news: http://www.espncricinfo.com/australia-v-india-2011/content/current/story/547221.html

Sehwag :haha:

What an embarassment.

Cripps_orig
29-12-2011, 02:22 AM
Aussies got 240

Sehwag gone for India. Gambhir at fault cos hes so slow and Sehwag had to compensate and score some runs asap

Cripps_orig
29-12-2011, 02:57 AM
54-2

Gambhir gone

Hes had a shocker

Tendulkar century to win it?

Cripps_orig
29-12-2011, 03:03 AM
58-3

Dravid gone

Cripps_orig
29-12-2011, 03:27 AM
69-5

Laxman gone for 1

Kohli gone first ball :doh:

Worst player in Indian history?

Cripps_orig
29-12-2011, 04:29 AM
Sachin went with the score on 81-6

Currently 117-6

Dhoni still there. Ashwin scoring more than a run a ball on 30

Cripps_orig
29-12-2011, 04:48 AM
Ashwin gone and with that all hope

Im off to sleep

McNamara That Ghost...
29-12-2011, 08:37 AM
India were bowled out for 169. Poor effort.

McNamara That Ghost...
29-12-2011, 08:38 AM
True.

I don't mind our guy - Mark Nicholas. But don't know if he's on CHannel 9 or not.

In other news: http://www.espncricinfo.com/australia-v-india-2011/content/current/story/547221.html

Sehwag :haha:

What an embarassment.

Yeah, he is on Channel 9. He loves Michael Clarke though, to a sickening degree.

Sehwag. :lol:

Me. :lol:

Cripps_orig
29-12-2011, 09:37 PM
SL won by 208 runs

First victory in 15 Tests :blink:

Cripps_orig
02-01-2012, 10:31 PM
2nd Test on tonight

Syn
02-01-2012, 11:15 PM
India win the toss in the second test and bat first. My dads in sydney and apparently is at the game, the jammy fuck.

India 0/1, sehwag gone.

(just practicing)

Syn
02-01-2012, 11:34 PM
Oops wrong man. Though sehwag will follow soon.

Fucking Indians. Disgraceful stuff. Cunts.

McNamara That Ghost...
02-01-2012, 11:39 PM
Listening to Tubs makes me feel ill.

Cripps_orig
03-01-2012, 12:23 AM
31-2

Dravid gone

Cripps_orig
03-01-2012, 01:37 AM
72-4 at lunch

Sehwag and Laxman both gone

Cripps_orig
03-01-2012, 02:45 AM
96-5

Kohli gone

Cripps_orig
03-01-2012, 03:18 AM
124-6

And the wait goes on

Sachin gone

Cripps_orig
03-01-2012, 03:18 AM
124-6

And the wait goes on

Sachin gone

Syn
03-01-2012, 04:16 AM
Ashwin has gone after a decent little partnership with Dhoni.

As much as I'd like to lay into the top order, I think the credit has to go to the bowlers. Once again they have bowled brilliantly. That Pattinson looks like he'll have an amazing career. The youth and energy of Australia is too much for the old Indian team. Dravid is approaching 39 ffs - India have to start getting the youngsters in. There is a lot of talent there.

Dennis Bendtner
03-01-2012, 12:08 PM
The famous Indian batting. :rose:

Dravid's 39-year old reflexes are being done in by pace. Gambhir and Kohli should fuck off to ODI cricket. Laxman is done.

In truth, it's been there for a while. It was negligence not to start the transition process earlier.

Syn, your dad's in Sydney? That is incredibly jammy. They were showing pics of NYE on the Channel 9 broadcast, looks great.

Cripps_orig
03-01-2012, 05:27 PM
India got 191

Aussies 116-3 having been on 30 odd for 3

Batting has cost us. End of the road for Gambhir, Laxman and Kohli. Sorry to say that Dravids time is at an end as well. Sehwag and Sachin cant do it all all the time

Cripps_orig
03-01-2012, 06:44 PM
SA 347-3 at the close v SL

Peterson and Kallis with centuries.

Kallis still there

Syn
03-01-2012, 06:47 PM
The famous Indian batting. :rose:Dravid's 39-year old reflexes are being done in by pace. Gambhir and Kohli should fuck off to ODI cricket. Laxman is done.In truth, it's been there for a while. It was negligence not to start the transition process earlier.Syn, your dad's in Sydney? That is incredibly jammy. They were showing pics of NYE on the Channel 9 broadcast, looks great. Yeah looked quite good. Thought the firework display in London was the best this year - but only watche it on the screen. I need to do the Aussie tour one day. Probably better going with the barmy army than the swarmy army. 2nd on the list after the Caribbean tour. Prolly be 60 by the time I can afford it/have time to do it though.

Cripps_orig
03-01-2012, 11:30 PM
2nd day has started

Olivier's xmas twist
04-01-2012, 10:43 AM
Clark ended the day on 251 not out

McNamara That Ghost...
04-01-2012, 11:02 AM
Speaking of 200's, Kallis made 224 for South Africa in the third test against Sri Lanka.

Cripps_orig
04-01-2012, 02:08 PM
Ponting also got a century

482-4

Syn
05-01-2012, 03:16 AM
Virat Kohli (http://www.espncricinfo.com/australia-v-india-2011/content/player/253802.html) has been fined 50% of his match fee after he was seen gesturing to the crowd with his middle finger on the second day. The level two charge was laid by the match referee Ranjan Madugalle on the third morning of the SCG Test.
Kohli went to the hearing along with manager Shivlal Yadav. He pleaded guilty, India's media manager GS Walia, said. Walia added that the matter was closed as far as the Indian team was concerned.
India had a long second day in the field, with Australia piling up 366 runs for the loss of one wicket. When Kohli was posted on the boundary, he said he had heard abuse worse than he ever had in his life. He posted on Twitter, "i agree cricketers dont have to retaliate. what when the crowd says the worst things about your mother and sister. the worst ive heard"
Kohli found a sympathiser in Kevin Pietersen, who replied to his tweet thus: "ha ha ha ha ha!!! Welcome to Australia buddy!!" To which Kohli replied: "never heard crap like that. EVER"
Pietersen went on to tell Kohli that the Australian crowds are such that they abuse even their own when they start losing. Kohli began the third day on a more positive Twitter note that said, "New day new beginning! :)"
According to a Cricket Australia spokesperson, since CA has kept keeping such records, the second day of this Test was the first time no spectator was evicted during a Test in Australia. There have been no formal complaints about crowd behaviour.

http://www.espncricinfo.com/australia-v-india-2011/content/current/story/548089.html

Australia declare on 659-4. :blink:

Clarke 329*, Hussey 150*

India :haha:

Embarrassing lack of aggression and firepower from the bowlers. They just had no pride at all. Not once was there a confrontation out in the middle. No short balls, no sledging, just constant half-volleys.

Cripps_orig
05-01-2012, 11:24 AM
India 114-2

Ollie the Optimist
05-01-2012, 02:41 PM
india :haha:

what a joke of team.

Syn
06-01-2012, 01:33 AM
India 200odd-3 in reply.

Laxman 41*, God 70*

30 more needed. :popcorn:

Tony Greig's winding up the Indian fans with his commentary as usual.

Cripps_orig
06-01-2012, 07:48 AM
India 400 all outAussies win by an innings and 68 runsMore importantly, Tendulkar got 80 but was out by Clarke :doh:

McNamara That Ghost...
06-01-2012, 11:42 AM
India. :doh:

Cripps_orig
10-01-2012, 11:34 PM
Bresnan out of the Pakistan series.

Who comes in?

Syn
13-01-2012, 09:15 AM
Oh India...

:haha: and :crying:

McNamara That Ghost...
13-01-2012, 09:33 AM
Warner is on 80. :lol:

India made 161. :haha: I forgot that the Perth test match is always a later start so it is still on of a reasonable hour in the morning over here.

GP
13-01-2012, 09:37 AM
India :haha:

Cuthbert :haha:

McNamara That Ghost...
13-01-2012, 09:38 AM
Warner is annhilating everyone on the field, including the birds. :lol:

McNamara That Ghost...
13-01-2012, 09:46 AM
Warner gets his century! 101, only off 69 balls. :bow:

McNamara That Ghost...
13-01-2012, 09:51 AM
India should have a wicket, off Cowan's glove. No DRS. :haha:

McNamara That Ghost...
13-01-2012, 10:02 AM
Australia close on 149/0.

Syn
13-01-2012, 01:28 PM
That is seriously embarrassing.

Rip everything up and start again IMO.

Dennis Bendtner
13-01-2012, 02:18 PM
It's pathetic. Never seen a team so devoid of fight. Lost count of how many times India's batsmen have made flat pitches look like minefields. I won't be watching until the ripping up process is underway. Successive away whitewashes might be unprecedented.

I'm fucking off to Pakistan tb...nah.

Syn
13-01-2012, 02:33 PM
I'm fucking off to Pakistan tb...nah.:haha:

Dennis Bendtner
13-01-2012, 11:10 PM
TEG, wherever you are, this anywhere near you?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/cricket/16549725.stm

I can't emphasise enough how cool this is. You and the freshies should have a net down there.

Cripps_orig
13-01-2012, 11:35 PM
DIdnt realise the test had started

Warner :bow:

Playing the way Cricket should be played.

More importantly, some Essex Pub Teamer has been caught match fixing or something

Cripps_orig
14-01-2012, 09:49 PM
Aussies got 369

Yadav with 5 wickets

India 88-4

Openers, Sachin and Laxman all gone

McNamara That Ghost...
14-01-2012, 11:51 PM
Any chance India can hold out for four hours of play so I might have a chance to see the conclusion in the morning?

Boss
15-01-2012, 03:58 AM
TEG, wherever you are, this anywhere near you?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/cricket/16549725.stm

I can't emphasise enough how cool this is. You and the freshies should have a net down there.

Just reached Dubai today, people don't really like playing sports here much though and cricket in particular due to the long time it takes and disgusting weather.

Would like to ask for a moment of silence to celebrate the death of the national cricket team... :rose:

McNamara That Ghost...
15-01-2012, 09:17 AM
Any chance India can hold out for four hours of play so I might have a chance to see the conclusion in the morning?

No, was the answer.

Syn
15-01-2012, 10:36 AM
No, was the answer. Highlight of the game - the emergence of the future best batsmen in the world. Kohli topped scored for India in both innings - in the second he was sure to get a century before wickets crumbling around him meant he had to score quick runs, and went last man for a lovely 75. India haven't been good but some of these Aussie bowlers have been amazing - must be said. Hilfenhaus and those 2 new guys - pattinson (though not in' this test) and someone else...,every ball is 90 mph and just wide of top of off.

Ollie the Optimist
15-01-2012, 02:31 PM
India what a shit team. worse then bangladesh and pakistan

Dennis Bendtner
15-01-2012, 08:23 PM
Not sure about 'amazing', to be honest. They just bowl consistently in the right area. I know that's what you're saying. In the past though you'd need a fair bit more to topple the Indians. Now, Sehwag, Laxman and Dhoni in particular can be quite easily worked out. Dravid's been bowled about five times. It's just a continuation of an overall decline.

Laxman is speculated to be retiring after the final Test. It won't happen, but all the seniors ought to be bowing out.

India. :rose:

See you in a few years.

Cripps_orig
15-01-2012, 08:24 PM
Tbf, no one gives a fuck about these Tests. All about Sachins 100 100s and when he gets it. When that happens, they can concentrate on Tests again but atm not important

Dennis Bendtner
15-01-2012, 08:41 PM
Poison like you must be exterminated.

I think Tendulkar should retire now. He can have a statistical irregularity like Bradman. Overall he's part of a declining unit. He is finding more and more weird and wonderful ways to get out, especially when he gets near.

Syn
15-01-2012, 08:47 PM
The 3 old legends are having a negative impact for sure. India in cricketing terms have a fuckload of talented youngsters and a fuckload of money and they've still fucked it up. It won't be long until they're dominating but we must observe the waiting period - i.e. The time it takes for dravid's reaction time to double...shouldn't be that long.

Dennis Bendtner
15-01-2012, 09:00 PM
It's a mess. Apparently this fat fuck is the head honcho.

http://sports.ndtv.com/ind-aus-2011/news/item/183998-india-vs-australia-we-will-beat-australia-at-home-says-srinivasan

How do you argue with reasoning like that? Anyway, that's why the waiting period might be longer than anticipated. Kohli is a positive, though. Got better with each innings.

Cripps_orig
16-01-2012, 06:33 PM
Dhoni suspended for the next Test

Cripps_orig
16-01-2012, 06:36 PM
Pakistan v England tomorrow morning

Cripps_orig
16-01-2012, 08:20 PM
http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/4063281/English-crickets-rife-with-fixing-Shock-claim-by-Derbyshires-Tony-Palladino.html

English Cricket :haha:

Will we see any jail time?

Doubt it. They arent pakistani

Syn
17-01-2012, 08:16 AM
England&SA 52-5 at lunch. Ajmal has taken 3 wickets. Dustbowls :bow:

McNamara That Ghost...
17-01-2012, 09:55 AM
94-7. :doh:

McNamara That Ghost...
17-01-2012, 10:45 AM
Prior and Swann have been rebuilding. :bow:

135-7 now.

McNamara That Ghost...
17-01-2012, 11:23 AM
151-8, Swann goes for 34.

McNamara That Ghost...
17-01-2012, 11:32 AM
Prior gets his fifty. :bow:

McNamara That Ghost...
17-01-2012, 11:56 AM
177-9 at the moment, Ajmal has six-for.

Cripps_orig
17-01-2012, 11:58 AM
Forgot about this

KP got 2 off 29 balls :lol:

End of his career tbh

Cook and Trott also back to normal

Pakistan :bow:

McNamara That Ghost...
17-01-2012, 12:11 PM
England all out for 192, Ajmal has seven-for. :bow:

Syn
17-01-2012, 12:57 PM
Decent recovery by England.

Syn
17-01-2012, 01:25 PM
Pakistan finish on 42/0 at close. Looking at their line-up, they don't seem to have anyone who can bat for a long time. Misbah and a few others can get quick-fire 50s but they aren't really Test players IMO.

But as usual with sub-continent pitches, there's not a lot for the seam bowlers. A lot depends on Swann.

Dennis Bendtner
17-01-2012, 02:36 PM
I would have said the opposite. Hafeez is their most flamboyant batsman. The rest are all bonafide blockers. Served them well in the last year, though - playing within their limitations. They ought to secure a good lead, and play Swann better than England did Ajmal. It's quite flat.

Cripps_orig
17-01-2012, 02:51 PM
Pakistan 42-0 at the close

Should get 300+

Ollie the Optimist
17-01-2012, 08:14 PM
apparently there is some controversy abut their spin bowler and his action when bowling doorsa. not sure of it myself but some people are quereing it

Cripps_orig
17-01-2012, 08:37 PM
Are these some people English?

Syn
17-01-2012, 08:44 PM
Are these some people English?

More than likely. Nationality is irrelevant in being picked for the national team, but if a bowler is releasing the ball a couple of minutes before the textbook 1 o'clock, then what the fuck has happened to the civilised game we used to love when Bradman used to score 423 against the same pub team over and over again for 20 years.

McNamara That Ghost...
18-01-2012, 08:40 AM
Pakistan are 138-2 at lunch. :doh:

McNamara That Ghost...
18-01-2012, 09:41 AM
176-3, Swann gets Hafeez out on 88. Hafeez reviewed it but to no avail.

Swann. :bow:

Syn
18-01-2012, 10:00 AM
Key partnership here.

McNamara That Ghost...
18-01-2012, 10:26 AM
Trott has a wicket! :haha:

202-4, Younus goes for 37.

McNamara That Ghost...
18-01-2012, 10:46 AM
Pakistan are 213-4 at tea.

McNamara That Ghost...
18-01-2012, 11:37 AM
231-5, Anderson gets Shafiq.

Syn
18-01-2012, 12:34 PM
DSL was right. These Pakistani players are ridiculously cautious. Sub-continent pitches usually allow for 3.2 rpo + over the course of the day but these guys are draviding the shit out of it. Sensible cricket from them though - plenty of time left in the game and they just need to keep wickets. A late strike here would really leave the game in the balance. Anything less than a 120 or so run lead and England will still fancy their chances.

Syn
18-01-2012, 12:48 PM
One thing that's quite surprising is the bowling speeds of the English pacers. They're clearly feeling the humidity. Tremlett, Anderson, Broad have all been around 125kph-135kph...they're usually up to around 150.

Syn
18-01-2012, 01:14 PM
Big wicket - Misbah goes with just 1 over to go in the day. Swann gets him for a well made 50 odd.

Big boost for England with only the tail remaining. 91 runs the lead.

McNamara That Ghost...
18-01-2012, 01:17 PM
288-7, Anderson gets another one!

McNamara That Ghost...
19-01-2012, 09:33 AM
Pakistan were bowled out for 338. England are 32-3 in reply. :doh: Pietersen went for a duck, Cook went for 5 and Strauss went for 6. :rolleyes:

McNamara That Ghost...
19-01-2012, 09:42 AM
35-4, Bell goes for 4. England can't play spin.

McNamara That Ghost...
19-01-2012, 10:42 AM
74-5, Morgan goes. :doh:

Cripps_orig
19-01-2012, 10:54 AM
England :lol:

What a joke of a Test nation they are

LDG
19-01-2012, 10:54 AM
Oh em gee :(

Syn
19-01-2012, 11:22 AM
England&SA can still win this. Get a 150 run lead and bowl them out. But this partnership is key.You heard it here first.