PDA

View Full Version : HENRY REMINDED ME THAT WE ARE A SHADOW OF OUR FORMAL SELF

Aida
17-01-2012, 10:46 PM
It was near the end the game when Henry was surrounded by song and i think Djourou. In the old days Henry would of had Ashley Cole and Pirès at least in a counter attack , we would of had a nice counter attack. Just when was Henry running to start a counter attack gave me a flash back of the invincible days, It made me remember how weak we actually are currently. We don't even play good football like we use to, I don't think we warrant that reputation as the one of the footballing team in the world when we have a welsh team in Swansea out playing us in every sense of the word. Song and Djourou had oo idea what to do so they passed the ball back instead of forward. What worries me is that i don't think Wenger will buy new players because his getting more deluded by age.

Xhaka Can’t
17-01-2012, 11:24 PM
A Welsh team in Swansea?

Fancy that.

Aida
18-01-2012, 12:17 AM
A Welsh team in Swansea?

Fancy that.

They are a Welsh team in Swansea that plays in England division did you not no that ?

Xhaka Can’t
18-01-2012, 09:27 AM
I understand and share your frustration, I just didn't think that was relevant to the overall point you are trying to make. And I was drinking.

I think the scale of decline will have been not as big o a surprise to Henry as we might think. The decline in the quality if the first team and depth if the squad was well underway before he left.

When you look at the way the squad has deteriorated to less than the bare bones you would expect for a top 4 side, the biggest surprise is that we managed to maintain our position for as long as we did.

Kano
18-01-2012, 10:04 AM
Arsenal chairman Peter Hill-Wood insists it would not be a disaster if the Gunners missed out on qualifying for the UEFA Champions League this season.

Defeat at Swansea on Sunday has left the North Londoners fifth in the Premier League and four points adrift of nearest rivals Chelsea.

They host champions Manchester United on Sunday knowing they cannot afford to drop any more points if they want to stay in contention for a European spot.

Defeat at the Emirates could see them drop into seventh place if other results do not go their way.

The Gunners have qualified for the Champions League in all of Arsene Wenger's full seasons in charge.

But after showing uneven form this season, Hill-Wood is preparing for the eventuality of Arsenal not booking a spot in Europe's top club competition.

"We are hanging on in there, no more," he told the Daily Star of the club's current position.

"From a financial point of view, not qualifying for the Champions League is quite a blow.

"We have been planning for not qualifying every year, so it's not a disaster, but it would be nice if we could."

oh dear

LDG
18-01-2012, 10:07 AM
:haha:

What a cunt.

Flavs
18-01-2012, 10:13 AM

What a cunt.

:gp:

Kano
18-01-2012, 10:14 AM
it would be nice, you know, like having a cup of tea or something.

LDG
18-01-2012, 10:18 AM
Or: "It would be nice...but we've got our bonus this year already from the sale of Nasri and Fabregas. A Little more by way of dividends would be "nice", but we don't want to be greedy".

Fist of Lehmann
18-01-2012, 12:46 PM
That's another thing that's really starting to grind my goat.

Last summer we were told that we didn't spend our transfer surplus because we were holding it back for January.

Come January, not a fucking dickie bird.

Fats
18-01-2012, 12:52 PM
They will get what they got from Champions League qualification from the sale of RVP.

Tally Ho

Niall_Quinn
18-01-2012, 12:55 PM
What happened to the money from the Nasri and Cesc deals? I wonder? That's our reserve kitty if we finish outside the top 4, I suppose. So no panic, the balance sheet will be fine. Now these guys have their money, what's their incentive? If the club goes down, why do they care? Hard to explain what the fuck Kroenke is up to though. He's the one who will get screwed if we become a regular mid-table outfit.

Cripps_orig
18-01-2012, 12:59 PM
What happened to the money from the Nasri and Cesc deals? I wonder? That's our reserve kitty if we finish outside the top 4, I suppose. So no panic, the balance sheet will be fine. Now these guys have their money, what's their incentive? If the club goes down, why do they care? Hard to explain what the fuck Kroenke is up to though. He's the one who will get screwed if we become a regular mid-table outfit.Nothing.

Its still there waiting to be spent which Wenger refuses to do

Niall_Quinn
18-01-2012, 01:01 PM
Nothing.

Its still there waiting to be spent which Wenger refuses to do

And PHW is kicking Wenger all around the stadium shouting, "Spend some money, you cunt!" Or not.

Fats
18-01-2012, 01:05 PM
Im with Crisps on this one. Im sure money is available, Wenger just wont spend it.

He never has though, He inherited a decent team when he came and only added a few players every season.

He has never bought loads of players at any one time. Thing is he has bought some exceptional players, but look at the bucket loads of dross he has bought too. He must be scared to buy after losing 10 million pounds on Francis Jeffers.

Fist of Lehmann
18-01-2012, 01:06 PM
Anyone heard the rumours of another ticket price increase in the offing?

It's almost like they're actually trying to kick us in the teeth.

(If true)

LDG
18-01-2012, 01:08 PM
Anyone heard the rumours of another ticket price increase in the offing?

It's almost like they're actually trying to kick us in the teeth.

(If true)

Where's that from?

Marc Overmars
18-01-2012, 01:10 PM
I'll laugh if they charge CL ticket prices if we're in the Europa League next season.

Fist of Lehmann
18-01-2012, 01:11 PM
Where's that from?

:haha:No more than vague 'heard it from a bloke' rumours (Arsenal Fans Forum). Wondered if anyone else caught wind of it.

Can't quite believe they would do this though.

Would they?

LDG
18-01-2012, 01:14 PM
No more than vague 'heard it from a bloke' rumours (Arsenal Fans Forum). Wondered if anyone else caught wind of it.

Would they?

They probably would. As long as there are tourists from the far east, they'll be happy enough.

We'll just buy in a load of Japanese "stars" and play them each week. Garunteed sell out.

Niall_Quinn
18-01-2012, 01:14 PM
No more than vague 'heard it from a bloke' rumours (Arsenal Fans Forum). Wondered if anyone else caught wind of it.

Would they?

Only greedy, arrogant, utterly selfish bastards would do that.

Anyone know how much the prices are going up by?

Fats
18-01-2012, 01:15 PM
Thas one way of getting the season ticket waiting list down.:rolleyes:

We are run by buffoons

Cripps_orig
18-01-2012, 01:15 PM
I'll laugh if they charge CL ticket prices if we're in the Europa League next season.Its a big if

Xhaka Can’t
18-01-2012, 01:16 PM
I'll laugh if they charge CL ticket prices if we're in the Europa League next season.

They will if we qualify, certainly in the case of Season Ticket holders who will be using the Cup Coupons for Europa games.

dazthegooner
18-01-2012, 01:19 PM
Didn't the board say that they will be freezing ticket prices next season?

Xhaka Can’t
18-01-2012, 01:25 PM

http://www.epltalk.com/media/2011/04/peter-hill-wood.jpg

Niall_Quinn
18-01-2012, 01:28 PM

Exactly. It's just a question of finding out by how much now.

dazthegooner
18-01-2012, 01:30 PM
http://www.epltalk.com/media/2011/04/peter-hill-wood.jpg

What and you DONT trust this man? ;)

Fist of Lehmann
18-01-2012, 01:31 PM
Not that I know of.

Gazidis did promise a full review of the pricing structure. What that review will conclude though, who knows.

I'm pretty certain they would like to but are unsure if and how much they'd get away with.

Niall_Quinn
18-01-2012, 01:32 PM
What and you DONT trust this man? ;)

Not since I bought that bridge from him.

LDG
18-01-2012, 01:33 PM
...anyway, I'm off to go and get an engraved brick.

dazthegooner
18-01-2012, 01:33 PM
Not since I bought that bridge from him.

A bridge too far was it?

topgun
18-01-2012, 01:37 PM
Im with Crisps on this one. Im sure money is available, Wenger just wont spend it.

He never has though, He inherited a decent team when he came and only added a few players every season.

He has never bought loads of players at any one time. Thing is he has bought some exceptional players, but look at the bucket loads of dross he has bought too. He must be scared to buy after losing 10 million pounds on Francis Jeffers.
More to the point do you trust him with any transfer money I know I dont.:oldboy:

Cripps_orig
18-01-2012, 01:41 PM
More to the point do you trust him with any transfer money I know I dont.:oldboy:Which brings us to a new point.

Do we write this season off, wait for the summer, hope Wenger leaves or is pushed and give the cash to a new manager or do we give it to Wenger now to buy more pointless french african players who we dont need?

Niall_Quinn
18-01-2012, 01:46 PM
A bridge too far was it?

He said it was a bridge over troubled waters, never mentioned the bit about swimming.

Niall_Quinn
18-01-2012, 01:46 PM
Which brings us to a new point.

Do we write this season off, wait for the summer, hope Wenger leaves or is pushed and give the cash to a new manager or do we give it to Wenger now to buy more pointless french african players who we dont need?

Which brings us to your new face.

Kano
18-01-2012, 01:56 PM

i want him and his name on my shirt

http://www.footballpress.net/?action=read&idsel=97018

LDG
18-01-2012, 01:57 PM

Fist of Lehmann
18-01-2012, 02:04 PM

I can see the tie-in movie right now: "Bend it Like Banana"

Olivier's xmas twist
18-01-2012, 02:24 PM

what do you think the board/wenger have been doing, they have written this season off already that much is clear

Olivier's xmas twist
18-01-2012, 02:25 PM

Stopped readin there.

Flavs
18-01-2012, 02:48 PM
i want him and his name on my shirt

http://www.footballpress.net/?action=read&idsel=97018

Is he coming by boat?

Niall_Quinn
18-01-2012, 02:50 PM
Is he coming by boat?

Wonder what the fans should throw on the pitch to show their support?

Oh no!

Aida
18-01-2012, 02:50 PM
I understand and share your frustration, I just didn't think that was relevant to the overall point you are trying to make. And I was drinking.

I think the scale of decline will have been not as big o a surprise to Henry as we might think. The decline in the quality if the first team and depth if the squad was well underway before he left.

When you look at the way the squad has deteriorated to less than the bare bones you would expect for a top 4 side, the biggest surprise is that we managed to maintain our position for as long as we did.

i agree 100% how on earth have we maintained being in the top four when you have Liverpool who buy players, Even though they still fail lol

the point i was trying to make was welsh teams aint suppose to out perform us, Let alone beat us.

Fats
18-01-2012, 04:08 PM
Stopped readin there.

Understandable:d

Olivier's xmas twist
18-01-2012, 06:50 PM
What happened to the money from the Nasri and Cesc deals? I wonder? That's our reserve kitty if we finish outside the top 4, I suppose. So no panic, the balance sheet will be fine. Now these guys have their money, what's their incentive? If the club goes down, why do they care? Hard to explain what the fuck Kroenke is up to though. He's the one who will get screwed if we become a regular mid-table outfit.

we should have 90 mill to spend, when PHW says we only have 30 mill to spend, which won't get you anyhting these days, unless were buy 60 french african kids

Globalgunner
18-01-2012, 07:48 PM
The club is managed by muppets and managed by a narcississt. A perfect storm for mediocrity

Joker
18-01-2012, 07:49 PM
PHW is such a tosser, he keeps disrespecting the fans and acting as if we owe him something.

Globalgunner
18-01-2012, 08:22 PM
The club is managed by muppets and managed (coached) by a narcississt.

Of course know thats what i meant. Still means we are stuffed with Wenger at the helm