PDA

View Full Version : Bendtner! Can we call him back?

Ashburton2006
18-01-2012, 07:41 PM
With cham-crap away on ACN duty, and being piss poor anyway, could we notbring Bendy back? I am surprised that he went in the first place tbh, he offers more than Chamach! PS! I promise to be good Mr Letters now my ban is lifted!

Power n Glory
18-01-2012, 07:51 PM
Bendy won't play for us again.

Ollie the Optimist
18-01-2012, 07:52 PM
oh

Power n Glory
18-01-2012, 07:54 PM
oh

What's with the aggression? It's a legitimate question.

Bendy would be a much better option than Chamakh.

Olivier's xmas twist
18-01-2012, 07:55 PM
What's with the aggression? It's a legimate question.

No Ashbuton was being Ashburton.

Ashburton2006
18-01-2012, 07:57 PM
oh Give me a break man! I know that I have posted some bullshit in the past, but I am turning over a new leaf and post on the level!

Power n Glory
18-01-2012, 07:58 PM
No Ashbuton was being Ashburton.

How so? We have a striker problem and Bendy gets 10 - 15 goals a season. We should be able to recall him but he has burnt his bridges here.

Boss
18-01-2012, 08:03 PM
Could have been a decent option for us if nurtured in the right way.

Alas, Wenger :rose:

Olivier's xmas twist
18-01-2012, 08:05 PM
How so? We have a striker problem and Bendy gets 10 - 15 goals a season. We should be able to recall him but he has burnt his bridges here.

So we should call back the striker who has imsulted the club and says he will never play for us again, and you say Ashburton ain't wumming.

Syn
18-01-2012, 08:07 PM
Bendtner is awful. I can think of few things more frustrating than watching him blaze a sitter over the bar and then putting his hands on his head with the 'I can't believe I missed for the 3485795487th time' shocked look.

Chamakh and him are both useless for us. I genuinely would rather play Vermaelen up front than either of those two...but then again, Verm is quality.

Letters
18-01-2012, 08:08 PM
Could have been a decent option for us if nurtured in the right way.

Alas, Wenger :rose:

You're blaming Wenger for Bendtner being a fairly average player with delusions of grandeur.
The top clubs around Europe were hardly queuing up for him. Wenger gave him chances to back up all the talk and he never shone.

With regards to the original question, he's another pretty depressing option. Not sure we need any more strikers who can't put the ball in the net.

Power n Glory
18-01-2012, 08:08 PM
Could have been a decent option for us if nurtured in the right way.Alas, Wenger :rose: And not on the right wing!

Letters
18-01-2012, 08:12 PM
And not on the right wing!

That's a fair point actually. That was bonkers, I never understood why he'd come on late in a game when we were chucking ball after ball into the box and he would play out wide. He must have been told to. That said, he had enough chances in the middle too. He was flattered by that goal vs Spurs which of course endeared him to everyone but he rarely looked anywhere near as good as he seemed to think he was.

Boss
18-01-2012, 08:15 PM
You're blaming Wenger for Bendtner being a fairly average player with delusions of grandeur.
The top clubs around Europe were hardly queuing up for him. Wenger gave him chances to back up all the talk and he never shone.

With regards to the original question, he's another pretty depressing option. Not sure we need any more strikers who can't put the ball in the net.

This has been discussed to death enough on GW but Bendtner is a player with a record of around 1 goal every 2 starts for us (which is decent enough) despite making most of his appearances from a wing forward position, rarely been given an extended run in a team and plays for a team that takes no advantage of his 6"5 height. Not saying he'd single-handedly lead us to glory but a decent option in reserve and far better than Chamakh or Park. Highly unlikely he'll play for us again of course.

I'd rather have a player who is angry that he doesn't get to play than the likes of Chamakh / Park who are happy to sit on the bench collecting their 50k per week. He's also quite a bit of a GHEL as his off field performances this season for Sunderland have shown :bow: :bow:

Letters
18-01-2012, 08:16 PM
Is Wiki still down? How am I supposed to debate this without access to their inaccurate stats? :angry:

Ollie the Optimist
18-01-2012, 08:17 PM
bentner the man who says he is the greatest striker, fluffs so many chances. one on one v city, was through closest defender was on halfway line and misses. he is awful, stinks the place up and should never be allowed back

Boss
18-01-2012, 08:18 PM
http://soccernet.espn.go.com/player/_/id/71647/nicklas-bendtner?cc=4716

:tiphat:

Syn
18-01-2012, 08:18 PM
Is Wiki still down? How am I supposed to debate this without access to their inaccurate stats? :angry:

16 league games for Sunderland this season, 3 goals.

Vermaelen has played 12 league games and also has 3 goals.

Seriously - Vermaelen upfront would be a better option than Chamakh and Bendtner.

Power n Glory
18-01-2012, 08:24 PM

Seriously - Vermaelen upfront would be a better option than Chamakh and Bendtner.

:lol: that is better than Chamakh's record though.

Boss
18-01-2012, 08:25 PM

Funnily enough he's their highest scoring striker (Sessegnon and Larsson both have more) and second best creative player with 4 assists. Think that says a bit about the way Sunderland play / how garbage they are.

Not sure how he's been overall this season as I honestly haven't watched them play, could be utter shite but he's a player I have a lot of time for as I don't think he was given a fair run with us. The one time he did get a decent run in the team in his favoured position he did quite well iirc.

Letters
18-01-2012, 08:26 PM
http://soccernet.espn.go.com/player/_/id/71647/nicklas-bendtner?cc=4716

:tiphat:

Hmm. Have to say his stats not last season but the two before that aren't bad.
As Syn says his stats this year (admittedly in a poorer side. yes they are. stop it!) are pretty poor.
Just by watching him play I was never hugely impressed by him. He'd be an option if he were in our squad but IMO no better (or worse) than the ones we have.

Master Splinter
18-01-2012, 08:32 PM
Bendtner is lazier than Arshavin.

Bendtner is slower than Mido.

Bendtner has a worse first touch than Walcott.

Bendtner's finishing is worse than Heskey.

Bendtner makes Chamakh look aggressive.

Bendtner is quite simply awful.

There is no case to be made for him.

Olivier's xmas twist
18-01-2012, 08:36 PM
Bendtner is lazier than Arshavin.

Bendtner is slower than Mido.

Bendtner has a worse first touch than Walcott.

Bendtner's finishing is worse than Heskey.

Bendtner makes Chamakh look aggressive.

Bendtner is quite simply awful.

There is no case to be made for him.

:gp:

Cripps_orig
18-01-2012, 08:37 PM
I really hope not.

Chamakh pisses on him and quite comfortably

Dennis Bendtner
18-01-2012, 08:38 PM
Bendtner is a travesty of a player. We have enough of those.

GP
18-01-2012, 08:49 PM
Bendtner is, was and always will be, awful.

Syn
18-01-2012, 08:52 PM
Disgusting the way cretinous filth is treated on here.

Power n Glory
18-01-2012, 08:55 PM
He wasn't that bad. Against small teams and cup games he could at least score and put us through to the next round. But it's probably best that he isn't here. He'd probably being getting subbed on to play on the right wing if he was here. At least that option is eliminated.

Xhaka Can’t
18-01-2012, 09:06 PM
I really hope not.

Chamakh pisses on him and quite comfortably

Chamakh couldn't piss on Stephen Hawking.

Olivier's xmas twist
18-01-2012, 09:06 PM
He wasn't that bad. Against small teams and cup games he could at least score and put us through to the next round. But it's probably best that he isn't here. He'd probably being getting subbed on to play on the right wing if he was here. At least that option is eliminated.

He should be doing that anyways, its the fact he could not do it against the big boys the problem with him.

Power n Glory
18-01-2012, 09:13 PM
He should be doing that anyways, if the fact he could not do it against the big boys the problem with him.

We've got RVP for that. Point is, he was a decent back up striker and could at least score when coming off the bench. Park doesn't get games and Chamakh is terrible.

We're paying Henry a decent wage to be here. That's how bad our striking options are. Not sure why Wenger bought Park. He can't be that bad and he can't be much worse than Bendy and Champax.

Marc Overmars
18-01-2012, 09:37 PM
He pretty much kept our slim title chances alive at the back end of 09/10, chipping in with 6 or 7 goals I think it was in about 10 games. So that was the reason he probably deserved a better chance in a central role last year, rather than being stuck out on the right.

At times I felt Dennis was overlooked, but he did himself no favours at all. His stupid comments to the press about how good he can be etc just set himself up for a fall.

But he's not the answer, he's just another largely ineffective forward that we've accumulated in recent years.

Kano
18-01-2012, 09:44 PM
Bendy won't play for us again.

and he made it clear he never wants to again. would be no point forcing a player back midway through a loan to a job he doesn't want to do.

Niall_Quinn
18-01-2012, 09:57 PM
and he made it clear he never wants to again. would be no point forcing a player back midway through a loan to a job he doesn't want to do.

What do we do when Sunderland twig? Can we refuse to take him back? Will we have to pay the mackems compensation?

Cripps_orig
18-01-2012, 09:58 PM
What do we do when Sunderland twig? Can we refuse to take him back? Will we have to pay the mackems compensation?Wouldnt worry too much about that.

MONs in charge.

Hes managed Heskey......twice at 2 different clubs

fakeyank
18-01-2012, 10:32 PM
I'd take him back IF he is played through the middle. He is useless on the right or left. Wenger truly fucked his confidence up..

Wengeritis! :bow:

McNamara That Ghost...
18-01-2012, 11:08 PM
No let's keep calling him Dennis.

selassie
19-01-2012, 09:16 AM
Desperate times call for desperate measures...Bendy really isn't needed here though, he's a limited player, no use to us.

Offensively this is the worst set of strikers excluding RVP that we've had at the club for well over 10 years...Arsene has made an absolute pigs ear of this position, no two ways about it.

KSE Comedy Club
19-01-2012, 09:21 AM
Bendtner :lol:

Chamak's bad enough thanks, we dont need someone worse than him back here.

Fist of Lehmann
20-01-2012, 12:56 PM
I think he'd offer more goal threat than Chamakh, and as a consequence score more goals. At the moment throwing on the Moroccan when we're chasing a game achieves precisely nothing (except irritation).

As for the position thing. Having tall wingers allows you the tactic of swinging the ball to the far post where hopefully your winger is making a diagonal run against a smaller fullback. Plus Bendtner is actually a fairly accurate crosser of the ball.

Unfortunately Bendtner never really made the proper runs or had a decent crosser of the ball on the opposite side.

But even if you could put aside the fact that he wanted to leave and said he wouldn't play for us again, not to mention his extra-curricular stupidity, he still wouldn't be good enough to play for us. It's only a measure of our desperation for a forward.

Olivier's xmas twist
20-01-2012, 11:30 PM
We've got RVP for that. Point is, he was a decent back up striker and could at least score when coming off the bench. Park doesn't get games and Chamakh is terrible.

We're paying Henry a decent wage to be here. That's how bad our striking options are. Not sure why Wenger bought Park. He can't be that bad and he can't be much worse than Bendy and Champax.

Its obvious to sell shirts nothing more then a marketing tool.

Boss
21-01-2012, 07:17 AM
He won't sell shirts if he's not being played.

A lot of Koreans are pretty pissed that we're wasting the talents of probably their top player atm, especially given he has to go to the army in two years.

Özim
21-01-2012, 11:04 AM
Another bizarre decision by Wenger, why does he do this? Sign players and then pretty much never play them, he's just wasting money we could have spent elsewhere.

Same applies to Ox Chamberlain who is a real talent, if you're not going to play him why shell out big money for him, I'd love to see him play but the fact Wenger barely does is mystifying to me seeing as he spent so much money on him.

I think he's a good signing, but it's just plain odd to spend that money on someone you're not really going to play when it's clear the team needs an injection of talent.

Seems Wenger is always living in the future rather than the present, I remember when he came out with the phrase about the youngsters being his most talented team ever, he really got left with egg on his face then trouble is he never learns his lesson, what is it with him?

Olivier's xmas twist
21-01-2012, 11:30 AM
Another bizarre decision by Wenger, why does he do this? Sign players and then pretty much never play them, he's just wasting money we could have spent elsewhere.

Same applies to Ox Chamberlain who is a real talent, if you're not going to play him why shell out big money for him, I'd love to see him play but the fact Wenger barely does is mystifying to me seeing as he spent so much money on him.

I think he's a good signing, but it's just plain odd to spend that money on someone you're not really going to play when it's clear the team needs an injection of talent.

Seems Wenger is always living in the future rather than the present, I remember when he came out with the phrase about the youngsters being his most talented team ever, he really got left with egg on his face then trouble is he never learns his lesson, what is it with him?

Problem is other clubs where after him so had we not bought him he'd have gone to spuds/mancs or chavs then we'd all be moanig how cheap wenger is again etc.

these days youth cost a lot look at carrol/ henderson/wickham etc. regardless of when you play them their clubs want big moneys and won't be mugs like they used to be.

Özim
21-01-2012, 11:34 AM
Problem is other clubs where after him so had we not bought him he'd have gone to spuds/mancs or chavs then we'd all be moanig how cheap wenger is again etc.

these days youth cost a lot look at carrol/ henderson/wickham etc. regardless of when you play them their clubs want big moneys and won't be mugs like they used to be.
Irrelevant really, if he's not going to play him then signing him at this stage is pointless, if he goes to rivals and plays and does well that's the way it is......the problem is the fact Wenger won't play him really.

The way I see it we're not in a situation where we need to sign players for the future, we need them now...I personally think he's ready to get more games, it's the fact that Wenger doesn't that's odd.

We shouldn't be in the market for kids, we should be in the market for ready made players who can play for us regularly.

AKBapologist
21-01-2012, 12:11 PM
This is worse than jokers Owen Coyle thread.

Master Splinter
21-01-2012, 12:13 PM
This is worse than jokers Owen Coyle thread.

Harsh.

Niall_Quinn
21-01-2012, 04:13 PM
Irrelevant really, if he's not going to play him then signing him at this stage is pointless, if he goes to rivals and plays and does well that's the way it is......the problem is the fact Wenger won't play him really.

The way I see it we're not in a situation where we need to sign players for the future, we need them now...I personally think he's ready to get more games, it's the fact that Wenger doesn't that's odd.

We shouldn't be in the market for kids, we should be in the market for ready made players who can play for us regularly.

Maybe he's waiting for Capello to name his squad so we don't have another Theo on our hands.

Japan Shaking All Over
21-01-2012, 04:22 PM
Harsh.

Youre right, Joker's Owen Coyle thread was taking the piss. . .

Munchies
01-10-2013, 10:12 PM
:arry:

fakeyank
21-11-2013, 09:44 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U9_nDDa5oCA#t=134

:haha:

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
25-11-2013, 11:19 PM
Apparently Bendtner was arrested today. Full story in tomorrow's papers

:doh:

Ralpheroo72
25-11-2013, 11:24 PM
http://goonertalk.com/2013/11/26/bendtner-arrested-on-suspicion-of-criminal-damage/?utm_source=rss&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=bendtner-arrested-on-suspicion-of-criminal-damage

Xhaka Can’t
25-11-2013, 11:38 PM
Hopefully they deport him.

Xhaka Can’t
25-11-2013, 11:55 PM
Seriously though, I hope this doesn't put Real and Barca off.

Munchies
25-11-2013, 11:59 PM
FFS , please fuck off already you cunt.

Just when you think he cant get any worse

Shaqiri Is Boss
26-11-2013, 12:00 AM
Joke about how Munchies' post actually refers to Steve French.

Munchies
26-11-2013, 12:39 AM
Joke about how Munchies' post actually refers to Steve French.

How did you know that ?

http://replygif.net/i/512.gif

Jk.

JonasTC
26-11-2013, 08:13 AM
This guy....... Always plays the victim role and then goes out and keep proving himself wrong. Isnt there some law/rule when a football club can rip up his contract, when he gets into trouble with the law to often?

Zerlathon
26-11-2013, 08:41 AM
This guy....... Always plays the victim role and then goes out and keep proving himself wrong. Isnt there some law/rule when a football club can rip up his contract, when he gets into trouble with the law to often?

You would think that there could be something that would allow a Club to tear apart a contract if a Player gets in trouble with the law (as the Club could then argue that it could damage the public view of said Club) on a regular basis. Perhaps there is, but they would much rather try and get at least a little bit of cash for him (as according to him he's better than Ronaldo & Messi combined).

Letters
26-11-2013, 09:16 AM
This guy....... Always plays the victim role and then goes out and keep proving himself wrong.
I've never seen him and Cripps together, tbf.

Cripps :rose:

Marc Overmars
26-11-2013, 09:38 AM
Arrested and cautioned on suspicion of causing criminal damage. :doh:

Didn't the same thing happen when he was on loan at Sunderland as well?

Surely Wenget has to get rid of this waster in January.

PGFC
26-11-2013, 11:34 AM
It said 'Pull' not 'Pool' you idiot.

The Emirates Gallactico
26-11-2013, 11:38 AM
He's posted this excuse on his Instragram

http://instagram.com/p/hK_Utig_rY/#

http://instagram.com/p/hK_eD5g_rg/#

Apparently the door was stuck. :lol:

Munchies
26-11-2013, 12:05 PM
He's posted this excuse on his Instragram

http://instagram.com/p/hK_Utig_rY/#

http://instagram.com/p/hK_eD5g_rg/#

Apparently the door was stuck. :lol:

'Focus on tonights match' , we don't even need you.

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
26-11-2013, 12:55 PM

JonasTC
26-11-2013, 01:42 PM
Btw... His explanation that he was in bathing shorts and wanted to go swimming is so retarded when the survailance clearly shows him in his blazer jacket and pants/tuxedo or whatever its called :D

Fist of Lehmann
26-11-2013, 01:43 PM

What a pro.

I too will be focussing on tonight's match. I like to think I will contribute every bit as much as he does.

Xhaka Can’t
26-11-2013, 01:53 PM
What a pro.

I too will be focussing on tonight's match. I like to think I will contribute every bit as much as he does.

IBK
26-11-2013, 01:56 PM
Could this prick do any more to make us despise him?

Marc Overmars
26-11-2013, 02:05 PM
Could this prick do any more to make us despise him?

Imagine if ever cleared a goal bound shot off the line!

Oh wait..

Shaqiri Is Boss
26-11-2013, 02:06 PM
Imagine if ever cleared a goal bound shot off the line!

Oh wait..

:cloud9:

Özil's Panoramic View
26-11-2013, 02:41 PM
Has to be our most loathed player ever.

Dear god, why can't the Club get rid of this noxious cretin?

PGFC
26-11-2013, 02:43 PM
Hat-trick tonight then?

Munchies
26-11-2013, 02:48 PM
Imagine if he scored at the end against United when he missed the ball :haha:

Everyone , including me, would be okay with him

He's leaving soon, and may not have another chance now that Pods/Feo are coming back

Dein-machine
26-11-2013, 04:21 PM
Hope the judge is a proper Gooner - he'll get 10 years sharing a cell with Charlie Bronson - so what, he's fucked us for a decade

Master Splinter
26-11-2013, 05:33 PM
Hope the judge is a proper Gooner - he'll get 10 years sharing a cell with Charlie Bronson - so what, he's fucked us for a decade

Bendtner's favourite films are Once Upon A Time In The West and Death Wish 4 tbf.

GP
26-11-2013, 05:38 PM
Good films.

Transplanted Gooner
07-12-2013, 03:17 AM
Can't hear his name mentioned without an audio flashback to the Arsecast....

Oym Mick Bentnorrrrrr...... Oyyyym Deadleeeeeee

fakeyank
07-12-2013, 04:26 AM
Has to be our most loathed player ever.

Dear god, why can't the Club get rid of this noxious cretin?

You werent on GW when Ade was with us.. :coffee:

Grebbo
07-12-2013, 08:44 AM
:cloud9:

:lol:

We were so unlucky in both of those games :(