PDA

View Full Version : Match Reaction v Man Utd

Pages : [1] 2

Cripps_orig
22-01-2012, 05:56 PM
Wenger just fuck off.

We're dominating, the crowd are up, just scored and our best player is hauled off by a manager who has no clue

Killed the game and is personally responsible for the loss.

You Don't Know What You're Doing

RVPs reaction to the substitution said it all. Hes not staying.

4th is gone

gunnerrrrr
22-01-2012, 06:00 PM
RVP looks pissed...hes off

Djourou, Theo, Rosicky etc what the fcuk are they doing at this club...if these are good footballers according to Wenger...he can fcuk off.

Oxo....boy is ready now...our best player....long time since someone has played like he has at our club, the style.

Wenger - his time is up...he is just clueless...and collects £6m for it

topgun
22-01-2012, 06:00 PM
Sad,shambolic mess well done Wenger,.:censored:

Boss
22-01-2012, 06:01 PM
Wenger cost us the win. Hopefully the fans booing will make Kroenke realise he's clearly unfit for the job anymore.

Chamberlain MOTM on our side, very good performance. Mertesacker was good at the back too.

Fullbacks were poor, Yennaris a lot, lot better than Djourou tbf. Should be starting our games from now on.

Master Splinter
22-01-2012, 06:02 PM
Arsene WUMger to the fore.

The reaction of the crowd sums it all up.

Koscielny and Oxlade-Chamberlain didn't deserve to be on the losing side. Decent games from Mertesacker and Rosicky too.

Walcott and Arshavin should not even be in the third team.

The Bolton game could take it to a whole new level of disaster.

Niall_Quinn
Wenger has no excuses after that shocker. One of the worst decisions ever in the history of football. But the worst of it was we all knew it was going to happen. We now accept the worst case scenario as normal.

A point and maybe even three thrown down the shitter.

I think we lost RvP in that match too. Looking at him at the end he just couldn't believe what happened.

Newguy
Wenger just fuck off.

We're dominating, the crowd are up, just scored and our best player is hauled off by a manager who has no clue

Killed the game and is personally responsible for the loss.

You Don't Know What You're Doing

RVPs reaction to the substitution said it all. Hes not staying.

4th is gone

Agreed, I'm not even angry anymore. It's a crazy sub to make, on top of it all, Arshavin's lacklustre existence is led to their winner:censored:

RvP wont stay, not when decisions such as these are being made by your manager.

Marc Overmars
In terms of the match itself, we were shit as always. Couldn't deal with their pace and width.

Of course we rallied late on, but then Wenger decides to take off the one guy who Manc defenders had trouble dealing with.

A well earned. :doh:

McNamara That Ghost...
22-01-2012, 06:03 PM
Poisonous atmosphere created through stupidity = bad move.

Also, fuck.

KESSLER
Good: Ox, Kos, Rosicky

Bad: Walcott, Ramsey, Djourou, Arshavin, Wenger

Xhaka Can’t
You don't expect your Manager to just suck all the momentum out of your game - especially when you've just built it up.

That was unforgiveable - the worst Managerial decision I have ever witnessed in any sport I have ever followed.

Dennis Bendtner
Wenger's subs are robotic. Thought he might have snapped out of the habit by taking Djourou off early. No, same old. RVP was annoyed because he was actually playing with someone on his wavelength today. What a shame.

fakeyank
22-01-2012, 06:04 PM
Credit to Yennaris though. He stopped the leak on the right. He had a couple of good crosses in too. I like him better than Jenkinson!

Arsene Wenger, what do I say? He is a cunt

Oxo :bow:

RVP is definitely leaving. Not going to hold it against him either. Who would want to play for a manager and team like that?

Theo, Rosicky- They need to GTFO of this club. Completely useless.

Kos :bow:

cricketsi
22-01-2012, 06:05 PM
I guess we're not winning the league this year then.

Cripps_orig
Wenger cost us the win. Hopefully the fans booing will make Kroenke realise he's clearly unfit for the job anymore.

Chamberlain MOTM on our side, very good performance. Mertesacker was good at the back too.

Fullbacks were poor, Yennaris a lot, lot better than Djourou tbf. Should be starting our games from now on.This

Kudos to Yennaris. Did well

Olivier's xmas twist
Aside from AOC we deserved not a point from that game in the end the right team won, they wanted it more we gave up from when we 1st stepped on the pitch.

don't care about the loss there is no excuse now for Wenger to not reinvest in the squad if he don't then he should feck off in feb.

Elreactor
I was surprised by RVP´s reaction, obviously it was about AOC being substituted right? or was there something else, some complaining to the ref maybe? If it was for the sub it´s not encouraging at all. Everyone knows it was a pointless sub, including RVP, and he also knows something´s going wrong with AW.

Besides, how´s the situation with Arshavin and the rest of the squad, any known issues?

Shocking result.

Niall_Quinn
22-01-2012, 06:06 PM
Fuck off Evra you cunt. Catch some fucking horrible disease and die you bag of shit.

Cripps_orig
22-01-2012, 06:07 PM
Im expecting a mysterious injury to be used for Ox for him to be taken off....

Dont expect him to play v Villa

fakeyank
22-01-2012, 06:07 PM
Fuck off Evra you cunt. Catch some fucking horrible disease and die you bag of shit.

:lol:

Why? What happ?

Niall_Quinn
22-01-2012, 06:08 PM

Why? What happ?

Nothing, why does something have to happen?

Marc Overmars
22-01-2012, 06:09 PM

He was probably taken off because some scientific computer program told Wenger Ox was lacking fitness.

Globalgunner
22-01-2012, 06:10 PM

That will be an obvious stitch up. Even Oxlain couldnt believe he was being subbed. You could see it in his face.

alexander
22-01-2012, 06:11 PM
the only positive I can take from today is with the Manc teams winning, Spurs winning the league is less realistic.

fcuking hell we are shit.

Niall_Quinn
Quite surprising that Park didn't swing the game for us. It was a no pressure situation, nothing riding on the result and he's had enough time on the pitch to sort himself out now. Shocking let down.

Joker
Wenger completely fucked up with the substitution, but it's not wholly surprising, because the evidence of the last 6 years suggests Wenger is not tactically a great manager (not in the same league as Mourinho) He seemed to have a good eye for scouting talent (and was lucky to inherit the core of a great side) but that's disappeared now, and now he's simply a mediocre manager, no better than Owen Coyle IMO. I know some Pro-Wenger fans on this board have laughed at me for saying this, but I doubt Coyle would have taken Oxlade off today.

Power n Glory
There one threat was down the flanks and we didn't deal with it. I have no respect for Wenger. Dumb manager. This is the type of shit I'm talking about and have been arguing about for weeks. That decision was stupid. No excuses for it and most of you called that decision before half time.

Ernesto

Good post. And to continue with the antiManure stance, is it any f***in wonder, Martin Tyler, that Rooney doesn't receive hasn't received a yellow card all season after he makes a blatant dive in the box and Dean just waves play on? That fat dirty Scouser has it too good at a club like ManYoo, but he's just too f***in thick to realise it.

As far as we go- useless. With or without good performances from Koscielny, Rosicky and Oxlade-Chamberlain today, we're awful when pitted against the top teams. Is Wenger going to correct it? Seemingly not, cos he's been given the opportunity to time and time again, season after season. Can another manager come in and revolutionise our style of play again such that we're not just playing on the counter-attack even at home? That's the question.

fakeyank
22-01-2012, 06:12 PM
Nothing, why does something have to happen?

No, I thought the hate was out of place... its all cool though

McNamara That Ghost...
22-01-2012, 06:12 PM
Wenger completely fucked up with the substitution, but it's not wholly surprising, because the evidence of the last 6 years suggests Wenger is not tactically a great manager (not in the same league as Mourinho) He seemed to have a good eye for scouting talent (and was lucky to inherit the core of a great side) but that's disappeared now, and now he's simply a mediocre manager, no better than Owen Coyle IMO. I know some Pro-Wenger fans on this board have laughed at me for saying this, but I doubt Coyle would have taken Oxlade off today.

It's not even a tactical mess-up, it was just illogical. Utterly baffling.

Cripps_orig
22-01-2012, 06:13 PM
Quite surprising that Park didn't swing the game for us. It was a no pressure situation, nothing riding on the result and he's had enough time on the pitch to sort himself out now. Shocking let down.Did he even do anything when he came on?

alexander

there cant be too many Wenger lovers left can there?

Niall_Quinn
He was probably taken off because some scientific computer program told Wenger Ox was lacking fitness.

Yes! Created by Microsoft FFS, we were talking about that earlier in the week. Of course a piece of shit from Microsoft is going to analyse the game and decide Ox is the weak link and Arshavin will improve things. Even Wenger must have heard of Microsoft!

fakeyank
Good post. And to continue with the antiManure stance, is it any f***in wonder, Martin Tyler, that Rooney doesn't receive hasn't received a yellow card all season after he makes a blatant dive in the box and Dean just waves play on? That fat dirty Scouser has it too good at a club like ManYoo, but he's just too f***in thick to realise it.

As far as we go- useless. With or without good performances from Koscielny, Rosicky and Oxlade-Chamberlain today, we're awful when pitted against the top teams. Is Wenger going to correct it? Seemingly not, cos he's been given the opportunity to time and time again, season after season. Can another manager come in and revolutionise our style of play again such that we're not just playing on the counter-attack even at home? That's the question.

What game were you watching? :unsure:

McNamara That Ghost...
Gary Neville is tearing in to Arshavin. :bow:

Olivier's xmas twist
gary nevellie telling Arshaving to go back to russia lMAO

Niall_Quinn
22-01-2012, 06:14 PM
Did he even do anything when he came on?

No, fuck all, and he had several minutes to adapt to English football, grab the game and transform it. Fucking waster.

Cripps_orig
22-01-2012, 06:14 PM
Neville is spot on and im an Arshavin fan

Ive given up on him.

Hes a talented player but he doesnt give a fuck and we can do without that.

gunsofashburtongrove
22-01-2012, 06:15 PM
Fullbacks who started on both sides were poor (Yenaris looked good though), that and not taking chances were the primary reason for losing. The 2t CBs and Ox played really well, Ramsey looked good at running into positions in the box, poor with passing and finishing. Theo looked better than in the last few games and put in an effort.
Interesting facts-RVP uncharacteristically missed what was a sitter by his standards, but scored a very good one. Our best passers seem to be Song and Kos sadly two defensive players

Niall_Quinn
22-01-2012, 06:15 PM

Yeah, Coyle is a useless cunt, okay? Can we please stop it with the Coyle shit now?

Olivier's xmas twist
22-01-2012, 06:16 PM
Neville is spot on and im an Arshavin fan

Ive given up on him.

Hes a talented player but he doesnt give a fuck and we can do without that.

whos fault is that.

Joker
It's not even a tactical mess-up, it was just illogical. Utterly baffling.

You're right and Wenger's supposed to be "Le Prof", the most intelligent manager in the Premiership, with a University degree. It doesn't take a degree to know that was a ridiculous decision.

Master Splinter
Ju had some good touches and cleanly layed the ball off.

Which means he's better than every forward we have apart from RVP.

Seriously though, in the four minutes he's played this season, he looks decent. Sadly, he will disappear into the ether for another six months now.

Syn
22-01-2012, 06:17 PM
I’m sure before the game started Wenger was planning to take Oxlade off after around 60 minutes. I can understand him thinking that before the game because we’ve seen ourselves that Oxlade sometimes did tire in the second half of the Carling Cup games he played in. As a manager you have to react to what is happening on the pitch. Oxlade wasn’t tiring. In fact he was full of confidence and getting better as the half went on. But this OCD condition to make his pre-determined substitutions blinded him of what was happening on the pitch.

I still think Wenger is a very smart man. His choices are backed with sound logic. The problem is that his assumptions are wrong. That is why managers with a fraction of his intelligence are out-smarting him.

Ernesto
22-01-2012, 06:19 PM
I thought Rosicky did OK-ish, Fakeyank, from a neutral stand-point (i.e. I don't hate him, but I don't adore him either). The way we've gotta think of it is thus...we had no creative central midfielder apart from him today and he did a job when asked upon. Didn't put a foot wrong and passed the ball with perfection (i.e. I can't recall any mislaid passes from Tomas today)

That is my stand-alone perspective on Rosicky's performance today and today only. Otherwise, I'm with the general consensus that he is surplus to requirements.

alexander
You're right and Wenger's supposed to be "Le Prof", the most intelligent manager in the Premiership, with a University degree. It doesn't take a degree to know that was a ridiculous decision.

to be honest, pundits, fans, every man and his bloody dog can see the arsenal problems. Its been bought up over and over in the media, but Wenger just wont listen. He wont change now.

fakeyank
Yeah, Coyle is a useless cunt, okay? Can we please stop it with the Coyle shit now?

Coyle, useless cunt > Wenger, utterly useless cunt

Elreactor
22-01-2012, 06:20 PM
No, I thought the hate was out of place... its all cool though

It´s not hate, it´s just the reaction Evra generates. With that cuntish face of his, who wouldn´t want to pick a hammer re-shape it?

Niall_Quinn
22-01-2012, 06:20 PM
Well we're finishing behind the shit stains from the rioting sewer up the road so whatever else has been said it all amounts to a cataclysm of biblical proportions. I going to kill myself now. Fucking shit fuck piss fuck cunt shit.

alexander
22-01-2012, 06:21 PM
Well we're finishing behind the shit stains from the rioting sewer up the road so whatever else has been said it all amounts to a cataclysm of biblical proportions. I going to kill myself now. Fucking shit fuck piss fuck cunt shit.

Annoyed?

Olivier's xmas twist
the players cofidence looks shot to bits.

Cripps_orig
whos fault is that.The boards :lol:

alexander
22-01-2012, 06:22 PM
fans giving wenger grief on 606

Niall_Quinn
22-01-2012, 06:23 PM
I thought Rosicky did OK-ish, Fakeyank, from a neutral stand-point (i.e. I don't hate him, but I don't adore him either). The way we've gotta think of it is thus...we had no creative central midfielder apart from him today and he did a job when asked upon. Didn't put a foot wrong and passed the ball with perfection (i.e. I can't recall any mislaid passes from Tomas today)

That is my stand-alone perspective on Rosicky's performance today and today only. Otherwise, I'm with the general consensus that he is surplus to requirements.

Stand alone is actually quiet a good way to describe Rosicky' performance today. In th second lf he was just wandering around the middle being bypassed by the play. Like a slightly better version of Chamakh but still a useless cunt nonetheless. He ran out of gas, so Wenger subbed Ox. Fucking genius.

Dennis Bendtner
Might be wrong, but I'm not sure the reaction would've been so severe if it was Benayoun coming on. Actually, I guess it was more about Oxo going off than anything. But yeah, like Syn says, it's the pre-determined robotic nature of it which grates. At least Benayoun could've been put on for defensive work.

notwist
Even Wenger must know he's lost the plot. It's sad for him but just plain embarrassing for the club. Will he please please PLEASE call it a day at the end of this season.

Ernesto
22-01-2012, 06:24 PM

What's really embarrassing is our now apparent inability to launch any sort of stirring comeback like the said shit stains put together today. Yes, the 94th minute capitulation is something that we are more than capable of, but we're so damn predictable in the league now.

McNamara That Ghost...
22-01-2012, 06:25 PM
I’m sure before the game started Wenger was planning to take Oxlade off after around 60 minutes. I can understand him thinking that before the game because we’ve seen ourselves that Oxlade sometimes did tire in the second half of the Carling Cup games he played in. As a manager you have to react to what is happening on the pitch. Oxlade wasn’t tiring. In fact he was full of confidence and getting better as the half went on. But this OCD condition to make his pre-determined substitutions blinded him of what was happening on the pitch.

I still think Wenger is a very smart man. His choices are backed with sound logic. The problem is that his assumptions are wrong. That is why managers with a fraction of his intelligence are out-smarting him.

I don't agree there is logic here - if it was a substitution that was to suggest he'd be happy with the point then ok, bring him off for a more defensive player; that would show logic but Arshavin coming on is neither here nor there in that respect.

Cripps_orig
22-01-2012, 06:26 PM
And for months Wenger has been saying not to count us out cos all the big teams have to come to the Emirates

That went well :lol:

Niall_Quinn
22-01-2012, 06:26 PM
Watching Defoe miss isn't as funny as it was earlier.

Olivier's xmas twist
22-01-2012, 06:27 PM
The boards :lol:

Daniele
22-01-2012, 06:28 PM
does not anybody see how Theo Walcott is crap? on a scale of crapness 10 out of 10. deserves to be staying on the bench or getting sold. defo.

Harry
Why can't Wenger see the problems with this team, everyone can see it the same problem for six years. It's beyond stupidity now I fully believe that RvP will leave us and I don't blame him.

It's been a catalog of errors for 6 years, I think enough is enough.

Elreactor

That sounds right, the clock just triggered AOCs sub and Wenger couldn´t bother to recalculate. But he won´t be leaving, so we´ll have more seasons with MUtd games to see the day he actually manages to outplay (and more importantly, outscore) them.

Niall_Quinn

Though watching twitch crying is a tonic.

Master Splinter
22-01-2012, 06:29 PM
Has MO got enough razorblades to go around?

McNamara That Ghost...
22-01-2012, 06:30 PM

I exhausted my laughing of it in preparation for this.

Cripps_orig
Is MO the new Alias?

Marc Overmars
Has MO got enough razorblades to go around?

Niall_Quinn
22-01-2012, 06:31 PM
Where's Wenger. He should Haul his fucking arse in front of the cameras right now and explain himself.

Olivier's xmas twist
Where's Wenger. He should Haul his fucking arse in front of the cameras right now and explain himself.

he ran away

Ernesto
I think it's far too easy to read something into RvP's reaction at the end of the game, and his instinctive response to The Ox being substituted.

He could just have been disappointed by his own miss of an open goal. Good finish may have made up for it later, but this miss still plays on a striker's mind.

Awesome player, but not beyond criticism himself. He's bound to leave at the end of the season- we all suspected as much, but in my opinion, today's behaviour isn't the first sign of cracks emerging.

Marc Overmars
22-01-2012, 06:32 PM

Handing in his resignation to PHW hopefully.

Cripps_orig
Where's Wenger. He should Haul his fucking arse in front of the cameras right now and explain himself.Hopefully getting a bollocking from RVP

Niall_Quinn

I'm using pencils and a spoon. I want it to be slow and agonising. Like everything else connected to Arsenal.

Olivier's xmas twist
22-01-2012, 06:33 PM
Handing in his resignation to PHW hopefully.

Press confrence at 7

Marc Overmars
22-01-2012, 06:33 PM
I think it's far too easy to read something into RvP's reaction at the end of the game, and his instinctive response to The Ox being substituted.

He could just have been disappointed by his own miss of an open goal. Good finish may have made up for it later, but this miss still plays on a striker's mind.

Awesome player, but not beyond criticism himself. He's bound to leave at the end of the season- we all suspected as much, but in my opinion, today's behaviour isn't the first sign of cracks emerging.

He is arguably the worlds top striker (excluding Messi and Ronaldo as they're freaks), if he knows what's good for him he will leave.

Boss
22-01-2012, 06:34 PM
Thought Rosicky played reasonably well today, personally. Was ineffective in the first half (then again, so was most of the team) but helped contribute to us playing a high tempo pressing game in the second and was one of the passes that led to VP's goal (iirc it was Koscielny>Rosicky>Oxo>VP). He seems to have gotten some of his spark back from when he first joined us, and is always willing to have a shot.

Quite disappointed in Ramsey, on the other hand...

Dennis Bendtner
22-01-2012, 06:34 PM
Going to be quite an uncomfortable answer to the sub question.

Hope he doesn't dig out something up there with the Arshavin benching for the Cup semi-final reason.

Niall_Quinn
22-01-2012, 06:35 PM
Press confrence at 7

Oh cool, are we buying players :popcorn:

McNamara That Ghost...
Going to be quite an uncomfortable answer to the sub question.

Hope he doesn't dig out something up there with the Arshavin benching for the Cup semi-final reason.

Wanted to prove we could win without him. :bow:

Good call Wenger. Good call.

Master Splinter
What's next for Arsene WUMger? I can see him taking off RVP just as he's about to complete his hat-trick from the pelanty spot to salvage a 3-3 against Bolton in the final minute.

It will be Squillaci coming on.

And Ramsey will send the pelanty kick to Dave Whelan's house.

alexander
22-01-2012, 06:36 PM
Oh cool, are we buying players :popcorn:

no, they will kill what we have got.

Xhaka Can’t
Even Wenger must know he's lost the plot. It's sad for him but just plain embarrassing for the club. Will he please please PLEASE call it a day at the end of this season.

He has lost the plot and he doesn't know it because if you know you've lost the plot, you haven't lost the plot.

gunnerrrrr
has arsene been out yet wit comments? if not i bet something has kicked off in our dressing room

Boss
22-01-2012, 06:37 PM
OptaJoe on Twitter: "3 - Arsenal have lost three consecutive Premier League games for the first time since April 2007. Barren."

Bolton away next, well that should be fun.

Olivier's xmas twist
22-01-2012, 06:37 PM
What's next for Arsene WUMger? I can see him taking off RVP just as he's about to complete his hat-trick from the pelanty spot to salvage a 3-3 against Bolton in the final minute.

It will be Squillaci coming on.

And Ramsey will send the pelanty kick to Dave Whelan's house.

he will take of theo when he scores a hatrick against the spuds in a few weeks.

Elreactor
22-01-2012, 06:40 PM
Bolton away next, well that should be fun.

Arsenal will win 2-0, Wenger will praise his players for having the strength to come back stronger than before and all that bs. It´d be better to lose, that and the following game, if one thinks long term. Changes usually end up coming when one´s desperate after all.

Marc Overmars
22-01-2012, 06:41 PM
You know something has seriously fucked up when every single member of GW are singing from the same sheet.

Cripps_orig
Wenger interview on

Boss
Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger on seeing his decision to take off Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain for Andrey Arshavin being booed by Gunners fans: "In last 15 to 20 minutes we had players who have given everything, players like Oxlade-Chamberlain and he was playing on the left and it didn't work out. You do not need to agree with it (the decision), you can understand that. I dont know how many thousands of substitutions I have made over the years, the fans do not always agree with them. I make decisions and I stand up for them.

GTFO

Olivier's xmas twist
wenger admits he cost us

Cripps_orig
22-01-2012, 06:42 PM
Wenger says there was a tactical mistake but doesnt elaborate when asked what it was

topgun
Hopefully getting a bollocking from RVPWell thats exactly what should be happening.

alexander
Arsenal will win 2-0, Wenger will praise his players for having the strength to come back stronger than before and all that bs. It´d be better to lose, that and the following game, if one thinks long term. Changes usually end up coming when one´s desperate after all.

The night is darkest before the dawn.

gunnerrrrr
wenger admitted to a tactical mistake...lol

McNamara That Ghost...
GTFO

Didn't work out? Yeah I could see how that assist might count against him. :wacko:

gunnerrrrr
22-01-2012, 06:43 PM
shit...looks like things have kicked off...lol

Dennis Bendtner
Wenger says there was a tactical mistake but doesnt elaborate when asked what it was

Prolly starting Djourou at right-back.

Syn
I don't agree there is logic here - if it was a substitution that was to suggest he'd be happy with the point then ok, bring him off for a more defensive player; that would show logic but Arshavin coming on is neither here nor there in that respect.

That's what I mean about his assumptions being wrong. He believes that Arshavin is still a top player that was capable of producing a match-winning moment. He probably believed that Oxlade was about to tire. But what happens on the pitch doesn't correspond to what he assumes. I mean it's logical to pack only t-shirts when you go on holiday to Estonia in Winter if you believe the weather is going to be brilliant. Empirical evidence would suggest it's stupid though. That's what I mean when I say Wenger is a smart guy - he might be smart with his theory, but doesn't put enough weight on considering what is actually happening.

Cripps_orig
22-01-2012, 06:44 PM
On Ox sub - He was sick on sunday and he was feeling his calf

And there it is, the mysterious injury :lol:

Also his reaction to Arshavin question pretty much confirms the Russian is gone

Also the full backs are 10 days away so its difficult to buy players for 10 days

Just go Wenger

Please

Marc Overmars
You can't make this shit up. :doh:

Niall_Quinn
Fucking hell, I thought he was going to take the blame but he's palming it off on one of the players.

Ox was sick and was about to have an injury. You could clearly see that in the way he was playing.

Wenger IS blaming Arshavin but won't come out and say it.

Trying to wriggle out of spending money. No players coming in by th sound of it.

Encouraging us to get inspired by this massive swirling cauldron of shit we are immersed in. Not likely.

McNamara That Ghost...
22-01-2012, 06:46 PM
That's what I mean about his assumptions being wrong. He believes that Arshavin is still a top player that was capable of producing a match-winning moment. He probably believed that Oxlade was about to tire. But what happens on the pitch doesn't correspond to what he assumes. I mean it's logical to pack only t-shirts when you go on holiday to Estonia in Winter if you believe the weather is going to be brilliant. Empirical evidence would suggest it's stupid though. That's what I mean when I say Wenger is a smart guy - he might be smart with his theory, but doesn't put enough weight on considering what is actually happening.

Logic would say an 18 year old guy who has just provided an assist against the current champions to level it up, will probably find a way to combat any tiredness. I find it illogical to rely on assumptions. And I'd say what you're arguing, isn't someone being smart - smartness would take all of it in to consideration.

Elreactor

PhDs :bow:

You´re the real "Le Prof".

Syn
Wenger: "People pay for their tickets and are free to express their emotions. It doesn't mean they are right always."

:popcorn:

Man, what is he doing.

Marc Overmars
Shame on Ox for running his heart out and providing a good assist.

The cunt shouldn't have deviated from the effective passing in triangles plan.

Olivier's xmas twist
22-01-2012, 06:47 PM
Wenger: "People pay for their tickets and are free to express their emotions. It doesn't mean they are right always."

Man, what is he doing.

player might as well go out with a bang right ?

McNamara That Ghost...
22-01-2012, 06:49 PM
player might as well go out with a bang right ?

:good: Mario Balotelli likes this.

Syn
22-01-2012, 06:50 PM
Logic would say an 18 year old guy who has just provided an assist against the current champions to level it up, will probably find a way to combat any tiredness. I find it illogical to rely on assumptions. And I'd say what you're arguing, isn't someone being smart - smartness would take all of it in to consideration.

I think we're both saying the same thing here but quibbling on definition of 'logic'. I know what logic is and I think Wenger has it. It obviously doesn't excuse him for not looking at what is happening on the pitch because reacting to what is happening is the key role of a manager.

Joker
22-01-2012, 06:50 PM
How can Wenger say Oxlade Chamberlain on the left wasn't "working out"? He was the best player for us today and made the goal :lol:

gunnerrrrr
22-01-2012, 06:51 PM
Wenger must be thinking - "WHY ALWAYS ME?"

Mr. Lahey
22-01-2012, 06:52 PM
and people still defend this guy? the nerve of him to say something like that. he needs a fucking reality check!

McNamara That Ghost...
22-01-2012, 06:53 PM
I think we're both saying the same thing here but quibbling on definition of 'logic'. I know what logic is and I think Wenger has it. It obviously doesn't excuse him for not looking at what is happening on the pitch because reacting to what is happening is the key role of a manager.

You're making it seem like there is a patent rationality for what he does, I'm not sure that's the case. I'm not quibbling over the definition of logic, I'm saying his logic, isn't logic.

Olivier's xmas twist
22-01-2012, 06:53 PM
:good: Mario Balotelli likes this.

the only way i can descibe aw behaviour tbh, i thought he be more honest and humble i was wrong, hold may hands up.

FY,Zimm, TEG, Ach all right about the guy oh and Png. can't blame the board no more or even think he is protecting the board, just can stick up for the man no more.

Niall_Quinn
22-01-2012, 06:56 PM
Ah well, REVENGE! That'll learn 'em.

Cripps_orig
22-01-2012, 06:56 PM
18 points off relegation places, 18 points off top spot

I wonder whats more likely

Olivier's xmas twist
22-01-2012, 06:57 PM
18 points off relegation places, 18 points off top spot

I wonder whats more likely

you've always said we are midtable you have be proved right, i mean stats don't lie lol

Olivier's xmas twist
22-01-2012, 06:58 PM
Ah well, REVENGE! That'll learn 'em.

Djorou chatting shite in the papers, i said he'd fuck up 1st and he did.

fakeyank
22-01-2012, 07:00 PM
the only way i can descibe aw behaviour tbh, i thought he be more honest and humble i was wrong, hold may hands up.

FY,Zimm, TEG, Ach all right about the guy oh and Png. can't blame the board no more or even think he is protecting the board, just can stick up for the man no more.

Welcome home Charlie :wave:

Syn
22-01-2012, 07:01 PM
You're making it seem like there is a patent rationality for what he does, I'm not sure that's the case. I'm not quibbling over the definition of logic, I'm saying his logic, isn't logic.

Agreed. I am saying that he doesn't do stuff without thinking (probably too much) about it. If it's over the decision to rest Van Persie, he might not even ask the player, but he'll look at his GPS tracking toy stats and decide. As expected, in his post-match interview, he believed that Oxlade "had started to fatigue". If you believe that, you believe taking him off for a top attacking talent (which he thinks Arshavin is) is the right thing to do. Logic can be totally separate from being right. Your logic could be flawless and you could be making the wrong choices every time. We all agree that it's not sensible to stick to pre-conceived notions about players and have pre-meditated tactics.

Niall_Quinn
22-01-2012, 07:08 PM
Agreed. I am saying that he doesn't do stuff without thinking (probably too much) about it. If it's over the decision to rest Van Persie, he might not even ask the player, but he'll look at his GPS tracking toy stats and decide. As expected, in his post-match interview, he believed that Oxlade "had started to fatigue". If you believe that, you believe taking him off for a top attacking talent (which he thinks Arshavin is) is the right thing to do. Logic can be totally separate from being right. Your logic could be flawless and you could be making the wrong choices every time. We all agree that it's not sensible to stick to pre-conceived notions about players and have pre-meditated tactics.

Unfortunately Arshavin is still statistically effective in some areas, but you have to wonder if they even bother recording other data (like his tendency to complete dump the full back in shit). However Walcott must be in the red on every category. I can't see how even an automated, machine based method for team selection could get so confused as to be starting Walcott, ever using Arshavin or subbing Ox in that last game. It must be very fucked up software or the same algorithms the bankers used to make their loans.

Niall_Quinn
22-01-2012, 07:09 PM
Whatever it fucking is it doesn't work.

We need to get back to actually watching the players and using brains and ears and eyes to figure out whether they are playing well or are absolute shite who shouldn't even be at the club.

Arsenal Royal
22-01-2012, 07:09 PM
I'm still :fury:!!!!

22.01.2012, the day when

a) Arsenal lost to ManU
b) Arsenal lost v Persie (who could blame him wanting to leave at the end of the season?) :cry:
c) Arsenal fans lost their faith in Arsene Wenger

Syn
22-01-2012, 07:14 PM
Unfortunately Arshavin is still statistically effective in some areas, but you have to wonder if they even bother recording other data (like his tendency to complete dump the full back in shit). However Walcott must be in the red on every category. I can't see how even an automated, machine based method for team selection could get so confused as to be starting Walcott, ever using Arshavin or subbing Ox in that last game. It must be very fucked up software or the same algorithms the bankers used to make their loans.

Once a player has his trust, it takes forever for him to lose it. Used to be the case not long ago with Almunia. Once Wenger has it in his head that a player is good, game over for squad competition.

Olivier's xmas twist
22-01-2012, 07:16 PM
Welcome home Charlie :wave:

just angry mate, got a fecking headache now. i just give up with the man, no wumming being serious.

McNamara That Ghost...
22-01-2012, 07:16 PM

If he does think so much about it, how come he always arrives at the same destination? When does it stop being logic and just become insanity as Einstein said? I don't see the logic in persuing with someone who has proven to be poor for so long. To me, it is possibly governed by something else - maybe it could be to give him as many minutes as possible as a means of advertising him for a sale. I mean, I am searching there but it is surely extremely tenuous logic to think "this time it's gonna happen!" when everything else points to the opposite being true, if he really is that smart. I'd say he's intelligent but not always smart.

Xhaka Can’t
22-01-2012, 07:19 PM

Nah, they're wrong. Well wrong. They act as if it is some Board v Wenger thing, when it isn't. People such as myself have wanted Wenger gone for a long time now, but realise it will not happen as long as he continues to meet their financial objectives. They (Board/Wenger) never take risk when it comes to spending money on transfers, but seem to have forgotten about the risks inherent in not adequately maintaining the squad.

Wenger has been the right man to make money but is the wrong man to manage a team to success - many have seen this for a long time - infact I know I've wanted Wenger sacked for longer than two and perhaps 3 of the people you have quoted. But 3 of the people quoted haven't a clue of or choose not to understand the dynamics and objectives of the people with power and managerial responsibility at this Club.

I'd have chosen for Wenger to walk and would still like that. But if for at least the last 2.5 years this Board were interested in arresting the decline in this Club, they should have sacked Wenger.

Niall_Quinn
22-01-2012, 07:24 PM
Nah, they're wrong. Well wrong. They act as if it is some Board v Wenger thing, when it isn't. People such as myself have wanted Wenger gone for a long time now, but realise it will not happen as long as he continues to meet their financial objectives. They (Board/Wenger) never take risk when it comes to spending money on transfers, but seem to have forgotten about the risks inherent in not adequately maintaining the squad.

Wenger has been the right man to make money but is the wrong man to manage a team to success - many have seen this for a long time - infact I know I've wanted Wenger sacked for longer than two and perhaps 3 of the people you have quoted. But 3 of the people quoted haven't a clue of or choose not to understand the dynamics and objectives of the people with power and managerial responsibility at this Club.

I'd have chosen for Wenger to walk and would still like that. But if for at least the last 2.5 years this Board were interested in arresting the decline in this Club, they should have sacked Wenger.

It's all Wenger. The board is powerless in this because all they do is make the decisions. So what can they do realistically? They've watched us tumble down the league, they've watched the team decline to the point we get outplayed by Swansea. I feel sorry for them. £500million is one thing but hardly compensation for what's happened to the club. I see it as the fans and the board in this together against the evil Wenger who has total control of everything. Nothing can change until Wenger releases us from his death grip.

Joker
22-01-2012, 07:30 PM
It's all Wenger. The board is powerless in this because all they do is make the decisions. So what can they do realistically? They've watched us tumble down the league, they've watched the team decline to the point we get outplayed by Swansea. I feel sorry for them. £500million is one thing but hardly compensation for what's happened to the club. I see it as the fans and the board in this together against the evil Wenger who has total control of everything. Nothing can change until Wenger releases us from his death grip.

If Wenger was opposed to the board not investing sufficiently in the squad, and wanted more money which the board weren't willing to provide, why didn't he leave then? Ultimately, the objectives of the board and Wenger are completely aligned to each other. There is no principle/agent problem here, they are "bottom line" obsessed and treat this club simply as a business, forgetting that we're a football club first and foremost.

Özim
22-01-2012, 07:31 PM
The pr*ck does it again I see, nice one :good:

Wenger is a clueless manager who should have been sacked a long time ago, tactically inept, unable to spend money effectively, unable to motivate and the list goes on, at this stage he's a very average manager with no pride in his job (managing a football team).....lucky the board only give a sh*t about hard cash.

fakeyank
22-01-2012, 07:31 PM

:gp:

Even though its sarcastic, you have finally hit the nail on the head!

Niall_Quinn
22-01-2012, 07:33 PM

Even though its sarcastic, you have finally hit the nail on the head!

They'll be weeping into their caviare tonight. Not that I think it's good for them to be laughing after a result like that. But if you were them, wouldn't you laugh?

us :pal:

Syn
22-01-2012, 07:34 PM
If he does think so much about it, how come he always arrives at the same destination? When does it stop being logic and just become insanity as Einstein said? I don't see the logic in persuing with someone who has proven to be poor for so long. To me, it is possibly governed by something else - maybe it could be to give him as many minutes as possible as a means of advertising him for a sale. I mean, I am searching there but it is surely extremely tenuous logic to think "this time it's gonna happen!" when everything else points to the opposite being true, if he really is that smart. I'd say he's intelligent but not always smart.

I agree with it all. 'Smart' was not the right word but otherwise I hope I wasn't confusing. Many fans say in frustration that Wenger is thick, an idiot and so on. I think it's quite clear that Wenger is intelligent (which makes it more frustrating). He doesn't need to use big words to prove it but you can tell by the way he talks and how he describes things that he's got the capacity to take in far more than other managers like McCarthy and Warnock. Ask him about what happening in Ukraine and he might give you a decent summary. Ask McCarthy and he'll say I don't have a crane, I am a fucking clueless forklift driver that's somehow stumbled into a job as a football manager. (I know there's a difference in being knowledgeable and intelligent but still...). We had always been a team that played greater than the sum of our parts. We might not have needed star players but the teamwork and understanding was there to out-perform other teams. Right now we are playing at a level far below the sum of our parts. Even pub team managers like McCarthy don't let this much talent go to waste.

As I said after the Swansea game, I just don't know what to make of Wenger right now. Whether or not he's being logical but wrong, there is nothing logical about 'Arsene Wenger'. I just don't understand what's going on at the club. There appears to be very little direction.

Olivier's xmas twist
22-01-2012, 07:34 PM

I don't doubt the board are as much to blame and really should have sacked the man 2 seasons ago. So failure is down to them. I have backed Wenger even when the man had made silly mistakes. I don't think we have money at the club, but hate the way AW defends the board for what ever reason he does.

No one can deny he has done wonders and moving into a new stadium was brilliant and he had made the club money but tactially wise we need a new man with new i deas.

Wenger won't get a new no 2 or a defensive or attacking coach which we need. He is still stuck in the invincible area. Im not silly to think him going means we will win things won't happen till the board show ambition i know that. just pissed off with seeing the same mistakes over and over again. i could have written the script for that game today.

I think AW has taken the club as far as he can and imo he himself needs the chance to show the world he is a good manager but else where.

Olivier's xmas twist
22-01-2012, 07:36 PM

of course the baord have to take the blame the should have sacked this muppet ages ago, but i suppose they make him money and they don't want to give him a big pay off.

Niall_Quinn
I don't doubt the board are as much to blame and really should have sacked the man 2 seasons ago. So failure is down to them. I have backed Wenger even when the man had made silly mistakes. I don't think we have money at the club, but hate the way AW defends the board for what ever reason he does.

No one can deny he has done wonders and moving into a new stadium was brilliant and he had made the club money but tactially wise we need a new man with new i deas.

Wenger won't get a new no 2 or a defensive or attacking coach which we need. He is still stuck in the invincible area. Im not silly to think him going means we will win things won't happen till the board show ambition i know that. just pissed off with seeing the same mistakes over and over again. i could have written the script for that game today.

I think AW has taken the club as far as he can and imo he himself needs the chance to show the world he is a good manager but else where.

Just about everyone wants Wenger gone, but not in the middle of a season and not without a serious replacement lined up and and (in reality) not without the board and Kroenke fucked out of it too.

Özim

It's not a board v Wenger thing at all, we all know the board are moneygrabbers to be honest and I've wanted them out for a long time personally, I agree they should have sacked the muppet and the fact they haven't is driven by their greed...however on the other side of the coin is Wenger who has also prioritised money over football (borderline criminal for a football manager IMO), he saves and scrimps and is avert to risk, he picks up cheap journeyman and kids and treats his players like china dolls, there's no discipline, very little tactics and little motivation and the same mistakes happen over and over again....that's ignoring illogical decisions like today.

They're both to blame, but it's Wenger's team on the pitch and frankly it's inadequate due to him spending on too many kids and journeyman and never investing in quality even when available. He should have been sacked for sure, he hasn't but the way he does things is amateurish.

Olivier's xmas twist
22-01-2012, 07:38 PM
Just about everyone wants Wenger gone, but not in the middle of a season and not without a serious replacement lined up and and (in reality) not without the board and Kroenke fucked out of it too.

:gp: agree 100%, it would be silly for him to go now, but i prefer it if the board went too.

Power n Glory
22-01-2012, 07:38 PM
Nah, they're wrong. Well wrong. They act as if it is some Board v Wenger thing, when it isn't. People such as myself have wanted Wenger gone for a long time now, but realise it will not happen as long as he continues to meet their financial objectives. They (Board/Wenger) never take risk when it comes to spending money on transfers, but seem to have forgotten about the risks inherent in not adequately maintaining the squad.Wenger has been the right man to make money but is the wrong man to manage a team to success - many have seen this for a long time - infact I know I've wanted Wenger sacked for longer than two and perhaps 3 of the people you have quoted. But 3 of the people quoted haven't a clue of or choose not to understand the dynamics and objectives of the people with power and managerial responsibility at this Club.I'd have chosen for Wenger to walk and would still like that. But if for at least the last 2.5 years this Board were interested in arresting the decline in this Club, they should have sacked Wenger. I hear you, but over the past few days I've been arguing about these sort of decision that cost us. The Board sitting back and watching as the ship sinks is a disgrace. But I can't accept this argument about Wenger's hands being tied as if it's having an effect on his tactical decisions. This is a prime example of bad management. No idea what possessed him to made that decision but he did and it has cost us. The fans and captain could see that was a total cock up and I hope someone on the Board is watching and questioning such tactical decisions and thinking the same thing as we are.

Olivier's xmas twist
22-01-2012, 07:39 PM
It's not a board v Wenger thing at all, we all know the board are moneygrabbers to be honest and I've wanted them out for a long time personally, I agree they should have sacked the muppet and the fact they haven't is driven by their greed...however on the other side of the coin is Wenger who has also prioritised money over football (borderline criminal for a football manager IMO), he saves and scrimps and is avert to risk, he picks up cheap journeyman and kids and treats his players like china dolls, there's no discipline, very little tactics and little motivation and the same mistakes happen over and over again....that's ignoring illogical decisions like today.

They're both to blame, but it's Wenger's team on the pitch and frankly it's inadequate due to him spending on too many kids and journeyman and never investing in quality even when available. He should have been sacked for sure, he hasn't but the way he does things is amateurish.

I can't even disagree with that.

Syn
22-01-2012, 07:43 PM
on the fans calls to spend some money…
Spending the money is not the target, to buy good players is the target. We need our players back. People are not conscious that we miss 10 players. When you see what we created in the second half without [those injured] players, it is important to get the players back.

I always wonder who interviews him for these questions because he's always very pushy on everything else he says (e.g. he asked about the fans' reaction to the substitution and then he asked separately on Van Persie's reaction...which were very awkward questions for Wenger to handle), but when it comes to this there is never a follow-up "Maybe people are conscious that we miss 10 players...maybe you're not conscious that we are always missing 10 players...what's up with that?"...or if there is, we never read about it.

Olivier's xmas twist
22-01-2012, 07:46 PM
I hear you, but over the past few days I've been arguing about these sort of decision that cost us. The Board sitting back and watching as the ship sinks is a disgrace. But I can't accept this argument about Wenger's hands being tied as if it's having an effect on his tactical decisions. This is a prime example of bad management. No idea what possessed him to made that decision but he did and it has cost us. The fans and captain could see that was a total cock up and I hope someone on the Board is watching and questioning such tactical decisions and thinking the same thing as we are.

TBF you were going on like anyone who was not anti wenger or against the board, blamed the board for everything. My point was if our board was ambitious they would have got in a top manager ages ago.

No arsenal fan would disagree that as a manager aw is lacking behind the rest or still stuck where he is. When it comes to upstairs business finacial matters there is more then we know that is going on. I mean half our team did not want to leave in the summer because AW was a bad manager or did not fight for the team.

Ashley cole said the reason he left was the board not the manager. Players can see the board has no ambiton and that is driving them away.

Olivier's xmas twist
22-01-2012, 07:50 PM
I always wonder who interviews him for these questions because he's always very pushy on everything else he says (e.g. he asked about the fans' reaction to the substitution and then he asked separately on Van Persie's reaction...which were very awkward questions for Wenger to handle), but when it comes to this there is never a follow-up "Maybe people are conscious that we miss 10 players...maybe you're not conscious that we are always missing 10 players...what's up with that?"...or if there is, we never read about it.

TBh the guy was grilling him lol and like always the more the guy grilled him the more defensive he became and stubborn. he indirectly addmited bring the young lad off was a mistake but could not saying.

When asked if Arshavin cost us he said to the guy "Ask him" in a kind of aggresive way. He mouth backed Arshaving while his eyes wanted to kill ashavin and even talking about the punk was making him angry.

He is still playing daddy to his players even when he knows they have done wrong.

LDG
22-01-2012, 07:53 PM
Fuckin cunts.Sick of it.

Syn
22-01-2012, 07:53 PM
TBh the guy was grilling him lol and like always the more the guy grilled him the more defensive he became and stubborn. he indirectly addmited bring the young lad off was a mistake but could not saying.

When asked if Arshavin cost us he said to the guy "Ask him" in a kind of aggresive way. He mouth backed Arshaving while his eyes wanted to kill ashavin and even talking about the punk was making him angry.

He is still playing daddy to his players even when he knows they have done wrong.

He's never asked about why we're always topping the injury list and whether he has considered it's an internal problem at the club as opposed to stupid pitches, new boots, rough tackles by opposition and so on.

Niall_Quinn
22-01-2012, 07:56 PM
Fuckin cunts.Sick of it.

Özim
22-01-2012, 07:57 PM
His interview was sh*t as usual, he gets defensive and plays the I know better card when it's clear he knows jack sh*t.

I'd love someone to interview him and give him hell and ask him all the questions we really want the answers to without letting him off the hook, someone like Jeremy Paxman.

Power n Glory
22-01-2012, 07:59 PM
TBF you were going on like anyone who was not anti wenger or against the board, blamed the board for everything. My point was if our board was ambitious they would have got in a top manager ages ago.

No arsenal fan would disagree that as a manager aw is lacking behind the rest or still stuck where he is. When it comes to upstairs business finacial matters there is more then we know that is going on. I mean half our team did not want to leave in the summer because AW was a bad manager or did not fight for the team.

Ashley cole said the reason he left was the board not the manager. Players can see the board has no ambiton and that is driving them away.

That hasn't been the argument for all on here. You as well. Too much emphasis has gone on the budget Wenger has to spend and players he has at his disposal. I've been saying he should be doing a lot better with the players he has and he doesn't take into consideration the oppoositons strengths and weakness or the individual players we have on our team.

The Ox has been under Wenger's nose for months now and he kept playing Arshavin. I said last week that Arshavin suited on the flanks and his lack of work there exposes us. Man Utd's major threats came from the flanks and he took off the Ox for Arshavin which made no sense attack wise and we were caught out on defence because of that decision.

I'm not arguing for the Board to sack him now because I din't think that would be the right decision, unless they have thought through who can replace him and will he have enough time to get in the players he needs to get us through this season. It here isn't much the Board can do that would have a positive effect on our season right now. I don't believe Wenger has funds being held back and even if he did, it's these sort of tactical errors that are costing us.

Boss
22-01-2012, 07:59 PM
I don't see how the board can be blamed when they know nothing (relatively) about football. Despite our disappointment at not winning a trophy for the last x years, you can't say we haven't come close at least once or twice and you can't say Wenger hasn't done a relatively decent job in terms of keeping us at the top of the European game (at least in terms of qualifying for the champions league). You can say that Wenger fucks up on a major level when it comes to preparing the squad to win a trophy - no better shown than in last year's CC final but I can't see why the board would sack someone that consistently gets top four and ensures fans are willing to pay the highest ticket prices in the league, when it's clear that financially we can't compete with Chelsea and Manchester City (theoretically meaning the highest we could finish is 3rd).

Of course the game isn't played on paper, and the richest clubs don't always win, but I don't see how the board can take any more than 20% of the blame as long as Wenger maintains top four. Sure, they could quibble about us signing players to try and push for a title, but they (should) know fuck all about football comparing to Wenger and if he tells them the squad is good enough they can't really argue. Wenger is the person who decides which players to buy and which players to sell, the man who decides how and for how long to play said players and the man who is responsible for motivating and organizing those players into a cohesive unit that can win things.

I would hope that he will be sacked if he falls too far below his objectives, which is CL football and if he drops out of the top four he must go. That said, I wouldn't be surprised if the board gave him 'another chance' to see if he could win that place back, given that's happened with a few other managers at top clubs.

Niall_Quinn
22-01-2012, 08:03 PM
The decision he made today can't be overlooked. He's made it worse by not holding his hands up. Admitting he's wrong is not something he usually does but he needed to do it today because for a moment all the fans, the players, the media, everyone was just thinking WTF? And Wenger was 100% alone (apart from the board of course who probably thought it was genius to hook Ox, save on a win bonus by turning it into a loss). It's all downhill for Wenger now. He's made himself look a fool and then tried to say everyone else is the fool. He could have even changed his mind when the boos started ringing out (what the fuck did he expect) and grabbed the 4th official and strangled him, or short of that said 15 was a mistake and fucking obviously change it to 14. Nobody could have argued with that.

notwist
22-01-2012, 08:03 PM
I know this is heresy, but it's got to the point where I almost want us to lose if it will hasten Wenger's departure. How weird is that? I just feel that if he scrapes by, if he keeps us in the top 6 (then next year it'll be the top 8) etc etc, this thing will go on for ever and the decline will never stop. One disastrous season (finishing low but obviously not relegated) is probably the best thing that could happen. I feel like a traitor saying this, but I honestly can't see any other way out of this terrible spiral of decline.

Niall_Quinn
22-01-2012, 08:05 PM
That hasn't been the argument for all on here. You as well. Too much emphasis has gone on the budget Wenger has to spend and players he has at his disposal. I've been saying he should be doing a lot better with the players he has and he doesn't take into consideration the oppoositons strengths and weakness or the individual players we have on our team.

The Ox has been under Wenger's nose for months now and he kept playing Arshavin. I said last week that Arshavin suited on the flanks and his lack of work there exposes us. Man Utd's major threats came from the flanks and he took off the Ox for Arshavin which made no sense attack wise and we were caught out on defence because of that decision.

I'm not arguing for the Board to sack him now because I din't think that would be the right decision, unless they have thought through who can replace him and will he have enough time to get in the players he needs to get us through this season. It here isn't much the Board can do that would have a positive effect on our season right now. I don't believe Wenger has funds being held back and even if he did, it's these sort of tactical errors that are costing us.

Do we even want those cunts to make the choice, wouldn't it be better if they all just fucked off? Who are they likely to get in? Not somebody like Mourinho, that's for sure.

Olivier's xmas twist
22-01-2012, 08:06 PM
His interview was sh*t as usual, he gets defensive and plays the I know better card when it's clear he knows jack sh*t.

I'd love someone to interview him and give him hell and ask him all the questions we really want the answers to without letting him off the hook, someone like Jeremy Paxman.

He'd just get more defensive and more stubborn. But i think he will spend this week i really do now, he knows if he wants top 4 he has too reagardless of what he says.

Dennis Bendtner
22-01-2012, 08:06 PM
The decision he made today can't be overlooked. He's made it worse by not holding his hands up. Admitting he's wrong is not something he usually does but he needed to do it today because for a moment all the fans, the players, the media, everyone was just thinking WTF? And Wenger was 100% alone (apart from the board of course who probably thought it was genius to hook Ox, save on a win bonus by turning it into a loss). It's all downhill for Wenger now. He's made himself look a fool and then tried to say everyone else is the fool. He could have even changed his mind when the boos started ringing out (what the fuck did he expect) and grabbed the 4th official and strangled him, or short of that said 15 was a mistake and fucking obviously change it to 14. Nobody could have argued with that.

You have a way with words.

Ernesto
22-01-2012, 08:07 PM
The board aren't responsible for making a telling substitution at the correct time in any game. The board aren't responsible for giving a rousing half-time team-talk, or pre-match team-talk for that matter. The board don't teach our players that once our 'keeper boots the ball out from a goal-kick, one of us in red and white must win it first and not wait motionlessly for the opposition to win back possession and us to just hope we win it back. The board don't inform us that set-plays and corners for that matter are, in fact, an outlet for goals and not just a means for our best player to practise his crossing ability.

See where I'm going with this?

Niall_Quinn
22-01-2012, 08:08 PM
I don't see how the board can be blamed when they know nothing (relatively) about football. Despite our disappointment at not winning a trophy for the last x years, you can't say we haven't come close at least once or twice and you can't say Wenger hasn't done a relatively decent job in terms of keeping us at the top of the European game (at least in terms of qualifying for the champions league). You can say that Wenger fucks up on a major level when it comes to preparing the squad to win a trophy - no better shown than in last year's CC final but I can't see why the board would sack someone that consistently gets top four and ensures fans are willing to pay the highest ticket prices in the league, when it's clear that financially we can't compete with Chelsea and Manchester City (theoretically meaning the highest we could finish is 3rd).

Of course the game isn't played on paper, and the richest clubs don't always win, but I don't see how the board can take any more than 20% of the blame as long as Wenger maintains top four. Sure, they could quibble about us signing players to try and push for a title, but they (should) know fuck all about football comparing to Wenger and if he tells them the squad is good enough they can't really argue. Wenger is the person who decides which players to buy and which players to sell, the man who decides how and for how long to play said players and the man who is responsible for motivating and organizing those players into a cohesive unit that can win things.

I would hope that he will be sacked if he falls too far below his objectives, which is CL football and if he drops out of the top four he must go. That said, I wouldn't be surprised if the board gave him 'another chance' to see if he could win that place back, given that's happened with a few other managers at top clubs.

PHW has already come out and said 4th would be "nice" but no woriies, they are milking the fans enough now to get by even without CL footie.

Olivier's xmas twist
22-01-2012, 08:10 PM
The board aren't responsible for making a telling substitution at the correct time in any game. The board aren't responsible for giving a rousing half-time team-talk, or pre-match team-talk for that matter. The board don't teach our players that once our 'keeper boots the ball out from a goal-kick, one of us in red and white must win it first and not wait motionlessly for the opposition to win back possession and us to just hope we win it back. The board don't inform us that set-plays and corners for that matter are, in fact, an outlet for goals and not just a means for our best player to practise his crossing ability.

No but there happy for us to be midtable PHW has said as much the board have no ambition and the manager is starting to fall into their ways. they should all clear off an give us back the club we love.

Power n Glory
22-01-2012, 08:10 PM
Do we even want those cunts to make the choice, wouldn't it be better if they all just fucked off? Who are they likely to get in? Not somebody like Mourinho, that's for sure. If he decided to walk today, it would leave us in trouble and desperate to find a stop gap. No, the Board have to looking now and planning to execute when the moment is right, hopefully in the summer. If they fuck up on that side of things and appoint some useless shit, then they deserve both barrels because that is one of the most important decisions they can make and they can't get it wrong. I just hope someone there knows about Football or someone that knows about football.

Niall_Quinn
22-01-2012, 08:13 PM

If it's Owen Coyle I'm going to find you.

Syn
22-01-2012, 08:13 PM

I genuinely don't think he knows he got it wrong. About the crowd booing, he said 'they're not always right' - I reckon he feels the negative reaction of the substitution is what had the negative impact as opposed to the substitution itself. But in either case, I agree that - whether he knows he was wrong or not - he needed to say he got it wrong.

We truly have gone full circle. Last time we lost to Man Utd, Wenger didn't have much support but we always felt the players weren't doing their bit. Looking at Van Persie's reaction today and that of the crowd, he's lost everyone. He must feel the loneliest man around right now. But all dedicated WUMs usually are.

Niall_Quinn
22-01-2012, 08:14 PM
If he decided to walk today, it would leave us in trouble and desperate to find a stop gap. No, the Board have to looking now and planning to execute when the moment is right, hopefully in the summer. If they fuck up on that side of things and appoint some useless shit, then they deserve both barrels because that is one of the most important decisions they can make and they can't get it wrong. I just hope someone there knows about Football or someone that knows about football.

Dein left, didn't he? Kicked out because he wanted to win shit.

Dennis Bendtner
22-01-2012, 08:15 PM
Would be interesting to see who the bookies would tout as a replacement.

Hope we haven't stooped low enough to be on the useless ghel merry-go-round. Curbishley, Steve Bruce...

fakeyank
22-01-2012, 08:17 PM

Top post!

Niall_Quinn
22-01-2012, 08:17 PM
I genuinely don't think he knows he got it wrong. About the crowd booing, he said 'they're not always right' - I reckon he feels the negative reaction of the substitution is what had the negative impact as opposed to the substitution itself. But in either case, I agree that - whether he knows he was wrong or not - he needed to say he got it wrong.

We truly have gone full circle. Last time we lost to Man Utd, Wenger didn't have much support but we always felt the players weren't doing their bit. Looking at Van Persie's reaction today and that of the crowd, he's lost everyone. He must feel the loneliest man around right now. But all dedicated WUMs usually are.

If that's the case we'd better start looking at the bottom of the table. At least we can set failure as a target. Fuck the Champions League, failure to get into the Championship should be our main objective.

Niall_Quinn
22-01-2012, 08:19 PM
Would be interesting to see who the bookies would tout as a replacement.

Hope we haven't stooped low enough to be on the useless ghel merry-go-round. Curbishley, Steve Bruce...

Doesn't Avram Grant usually advertise his services around this time?

Olivier's xmas twist
22-01-2012, 08:20 PM
If he decided to walk today, it would leave us in trouble and desperate to find a stop gap. No, the Board have to looking now and planning to execute when the moment is right, hopefully in the summer. If they fuck up on that side of things and appoint some useless shit, then they deserve both barrels because that is one of the most important decisions they can make and they can't get it wrong. I just hope someone there knows about Football or someone that knows about football.

Feck it keep him there till the summer, Stan needs to give him a 100 mill and tell him to go find players who can win us the CL. End of the day only way we wll be in it is if we win it.

you have 10 days AW spend that money ,man

Olivier's xmas twist
22-01-2012, 08:21 PM
Doesn't Avram Grant usually advertise his services around this time?

No thats Dowie

Marc Overmars
22-01-2012, 08:22 PM
Chesney has gone mental and quit Twitter seemingly.

Its just about time for me to grow up, delete twitter and focus on football! Thanks for all the support I have received here.

:rose:

Dennis Bendtner
22-01-2012, 08:23 PM
Ach wore him down at last :rose:

Harry
22-01-2012, 08:24 PM
Arsenal are so shit full stop I'm gonna support Liverpool now

fakeyank
I know this is heresy, but it's got to the point where I almost want us to lose if it will hasten Wenger's departure. How weird is that? I just feel that if he scrapes by, if he keeps us in the top 6 (then next year it'll be the top 8) etc etc, this thing will go on for ever and the decline will never stop. One disastrous season (finishing low but obviously not relegated) is probably the best thing that could happen. I feel like a traitor saying this, but I honestly can't see any other way out of this terrible spiral of decline.

I come from your school of thought. My belief is that time has gone when things will just 'fall into place'. Drastic events need to take place for us to see changes. Eg: 8-2 defeat... You will be called a 'bad fan', 'muppet' etc etc but our club is in a rut right now and we need some real changes!

Niall_Quinn
Here's what the Sun has to say about that outrageous dive by that cheating cunt Rooney.

United then started to dominate possession and Rooney was convinced he should have been awarded a penalty after a challenge from Alex Song. Referee Mike Dean was not impressed, despite the England striker's angry protests.

Surprised they couldn't fit in a few lines about Pires and Eduardo, just to contrast with St Wayne.

Olivier's xmas twist
22-01-2012, 08:25 PM

Ok then bye

Coney
22-01-2012, 08:26 PM
Of course, it could be the board not giving him money for Ba. He puts Arshavin on. They say "Oh - I see" and give him the dosh. ;)

But in reality, I think he has lost the confidence of the squad. That does not make him the world's worst manager but when confidence has gone, there is only one remedy.

Niall_Quinn
22-01-2012, 08:26 PM
Chesney has gone mental and quit Twitter seemingly.

:rose:

Good lad. Obviously he sneaks onto GW.

Coney
22-01-2012, 08:27 PM

:good: You can't beat loyalty.

fakeyank
22-01-2012, 08:27 PM

:haha: :haha:

Niall_Quinn
22-01-2012, 08:29 PM
More from the cunts at the Sun. Remember that fucked up lunge by Evra and the stupid antics he got up to holding his head as if he'd been hurt?

Rosicky joined him for a harsh challenge on Rooney from behind and in the final minute Evra saw yellow for a clash of heads.

Coney
22-01-2012, 08:30 PM
More from the cunts at the Sun. Remember that fucked up lunge by Evra and the stupid antics he got up to holding his head as if he'd been hurt?

The way the Sun talks, it's enough to make you want to support Liverpool.

Dennis Bendtner
22-01-2012, 08:32 PM
Bring on Euro 2012 tbf.

Harry
22-01-2012, 08:34 PM
Sorry lads my brother was on my iPad fucking scouse cunt!!!

Syn
22-01-2012, 08:37 PM
Bring on Euro 2012 tbf.

Oxlade to lead us to glory :bow:

21_GOONER_SALUTE
22-01-2012, 08:40 PM
On Ox sub - He was sick on sunday and he was feeling his calf

And there it is, the mysterious injury :lol:

It's sad to see what this man has turned into.
Using the Arsharvin example that was mentioned earlier , when questioned immediately after we lost that game on why he left our best player out he conviniently claimed he couldn't play Arsh because he wasnn't 100%- miraculously recovering 3days later to score 4 goals against Liverpool in a nothing game.
Let's not forget it was only 4/5 months later he told the truth and admitted the only reason he didn't play an in-form Arsh was to show the team they could win without him.... so I guess with a mind so warped I'm suprised he didn't claim Arry texted him "get that kid out the game or get cut"

Cripps_orig
22-01-2012, 08:50 PM
on the performance…
I am really disappointed because we had a difficult first half, a nervous first half. [It was] technically not at the level we want and we came back well with a fantastic fighting spirit in the second half. I thought we had the chances to win the game quite comfortably in the second half but you feel the Manchester United team is a bit more mature in every position than we are.

It was important not to make a mistake, either tactically or attention-wise, and especially on the flank. We were caught at a moment where we felt we were closer to winning the game. Having battled like we did and to come out without anything is very difficult to take.

on the substitution of Andrey Arshavin for Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain…
I can understand that the fans are upset about the substitution, especially when it doesn’t work, but I made the right decision at the start of the game [in starting Oxlade-Chamberlain]. He had started fatigue, stretched his calf and he was sick in the week.

People pay for their tickets and are free to express their emotions. We have to deal with that, not to dictate behaviour to people.

on Robin van Persie’s reaction…
I didn’t see [Robin van Persie’s reaction]. I don’t want to come out on every reaction. We lost the game now and I don’t think I have to explain what I will do. I have to stand up for the result and the substitutions I made.

on Welbeck’s winning goal…
We lose together and we win together, and now you want me to blame one player? I won’t do that. About the player, I am not completely sure. It could have happened if [Oxlade-Chamberlain] stayed on. Manchester United are very dangerous on the flanks.

on the race for a top-four spot…
It leaves us in a very difficult position because we couldn’t afford to lose. But there are also a lot of positives from this game. The way we responded in the second half is a positive thing. It’s difficult to have a reaction like that and come out with no points at all.

I feel the referee had a fair game overall and we had a nervous first half, we didn’t play enough. In the second half we played our game but unfortunately we were not rewarded. But we need to keep that spirit and play.

on the fans calls to spend some money…
Spending the money is not the target, to buy good players is the target. We need our players back. People are not conscious that we miss 10 players. When you see what we created in the second half without [those injured] players, it is important to get the players back.

Um what?

Flavs
22-01-2012, 08:51 PM
I thought we played really well and were a little unlucky. The service to RvP was outstanding, the way we constantly gave him the ball when he was already making his move was spot on. Djorou and Vermaelen did really well at full back and look fit and solid and what about Ramsey eh? I haven't seen a player distribute the ball that well in years. Stand out performances from Song and Theo though both worked hard, used the ball brilliantly and constantly troubled the United defence.

Great use of subs as well Oxlade-Chamberlain was struggling to have an impact on the game and Arshavin is a great player to throw on to make something happen late on, a real worker. Great response from the fans as well, Arshavin must really feel at home here.

:good:

Xhaka Can’t
22-01-2012, 08:51 PM

The Board continue to employ the person responsible for all the above.

McNamara That Ghost...
22-01-2012, 08:54 PM
Spending the money is not the target, to buy good players is the target. We need our players back. People are not conscious that we miss 10 players. When you see what we created in the second half without [those injured] players, it is important to get the players back. Um what?

Make sense. It's the target but shockingly, we missed.

Olivier's xmas twist
22-01-2012, 08:56 PM
Um what?

he means we need to find super quality, not just go and chauck money around.

Grebbo
22-01-2012, 08:57 PM
Wenger subbing our best player for Arshavin.

Wenger

:haha:

"But it's all the board's fault" - NQ

Let's hope the fans boo this cunt of a manager out of this once great club.

Flavs
22-01-2012, 08:58 PM
Dein left, didn't he? Kicked out because he wanted to win shit.

Cripps_orig
22-01-2012, 08:58 PM
Super quality like Park, Jenkinson, Gervinho?

Credit to Kos tbh for not being named in the bove list of players as he would have been not so long ago. Hes been pretty good recently and might be changing most peoples view on him, me included.

Hope it continues

Cripps_orig
22-01-2012, 08:59 PM
Speaking of cunts and our manager, i just realised, the first post was edited.

Why cant i call him a cunt and others can? :unsure:

Marc Overmars
22-01-2012, 08:59 PM
Not the first time he's responded to a question on transfers like that.

It would be easier to stomach if he didn't go and sign turd burglars after.

Niall_Quinn
22-01-2012, 09:03 PM
Speaking of cunts and our manager, i just realised, the first post was edited.

Why cant i call him a cunt and others can? :unsure:

I edited it because it's disrespectful, not to mention hypocritical.

LDG
22-01-2012, 09:04 PM
Thought rosicky was good :shrug:

Flavs
22-01-2012, 09:05 PM
I edited it because it's disrespectful, not to mention hypocritical.

Beat me to it, damn you NQ, damn you, you and your Ipad

Flavs

he was certainly better than Song and Ramsey who have both sucked ass for 4 or 5 games now

Cripps_orig
I edited it because it's disrespectful, not to mention hypocritical.Didnt realise i played for Barca

Marc Overmars
22-01-2012, 09:06 PM

He puts in a shift, you have to give him that.

But overall, he's pretty ineffective.

Niall_Quinn
22-01-2012, 09:07 PM

Well then maybe it's time for you to have a nice cup of shut the fuck up!

Flavs
22-01-2012, 09:07 PM
I tell you another thing I liked today as well, all that hugging and friendship in the tunnel beforehand, that shows really professionalism to me. Really proud there was none of that irritating shouting and being all wound up and "up for it" because we don't want that at Arsenal.

Niall_Quinn
22-01-2012, 09:08 PM
Beat me to it, damn you NQ, damn you, you and your Ipad

Wasn't me, it was my cousin.

Olivier's xmas twist
22-01-2012, 09:10 PM
Wasn't me, it was my cousin.

:bow: Cousins

Niall_Quinn
22-01-2012, 09:11 PM
I tell you another thing I liked today as well, all that hugging and friendship in the tunnel beforehand, that shows really professionalism to me. Really proud there was none of that irritating shouting and being all wound up and "up for it" because we don't want that at Arsenal.

Facebook friends no doubt.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5LVrh8bURrw

Flavs
22-01-2012, 09:13 PM
2 things i still dont understand.

1. Why did we lend Frimpong out? Did you watch him in the first half at Wolves? he was brilliant, up for it, driving forward while staying disciplined. yes he is a complete rim goblin but every team needs one of those. How can we have Benayoun now as the only back up midfielder??

2. Why did we sign Henry? we don't owe him anything so if its to help him be fit we aren't a fucking charity if its to help us all it did was give everyone an opportunity to say "is that the only signing we can make. A 35 year old has been"

If we dont cut loose some of the shit while reinforcing with new signings then Wenger and hopefully PHW have to go.

Syn
22-01-2012, 09:15 PM
BBC interview here:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/16674180.stm

"I've been a manager for 30 years and have made 50,000 substitutions. I don't have to justify every one," he said.

50,000 substitutions in 30 years? I call bullshit tbh. I hope the GPS system didn't come up with that.

Niall_Quinn
22-01-2012, 09:17 PM
2 things i still dont understand.

1. Why did we lend Frimpong out? Did you watch him in the first half at Wolves? he was brilliant, up for it, driving forward while staying disciplined. yes he is a complete rim goblin but every team needs one of those. How can we have Benayoun now as the only back up midfielder??

2. Why did we sign Henry? we don't owe him anything so if its to help him be fit we aren't a fucking charity if its to help us all it did was give everyone an opportunity to say "is that the only signing we can make. A 35 year old has been"

If we dont cut loose some of the shit while reinforcing with new signings then Wenger and hopefully PHW have to go.

1. So he can get a proper football education instead of being fucked up at our place, can become a great player and then be sold to Barca or City.
2. To distract the fans for a short period, hopefully long enough for the transfer window to slam shut. The last few results may have fucked that plan up though.

Cripps_orig
"I've been a manager for 30 years and have made 50,000 substitutions. I don't have to justify every one," he said.

Not everyone, no. He has to with this one though.

Flavs
BBC interview here:

50,000 substitutions in 30 years? I call bullshit tbh. I hope the GPS system didn't come up with that.

Doesn't matter if he is god himself, sometimes even the best have to admit hey fucked up

Niall_Quinn
22-01-2012, 09:19 PM
BBC interview here:

What he says is true, he doesn't have to justify them all. It's just the one substitution he's being asked to explain, fuck justify it would be wild to just hear the fucked up reasoning behind it.

Olivier's xmas twist
22-01-2012, 09:19 PM
BBC interview here:

Wenger is cracking up its not even funny anymore.

Olivier's xmas twist
22-01-2012, 09:21 PM
I think GW to send some delegates to the next AGM to face wenger. Imagine cripps 1 on 1 with wenger

Niall_Quinn
22-01-2012, 09:21 PM
Wenger is cracking up its not even funny anymore.

It is a bit funny.

Syn
22-01-2012, 09:22 PM
What he says is true, he doesn't have to justify them all. It's just the one substitution he's being asked to explain, fuck justify it would be wild to just hear the fucked up reasoning behind it.

He's already tried - he thought 'Oxlade on the left wasn't working' and that 'he had started fatigue, stretched his calf and he was sick in the week'.

Anyway we've been through it already. The only winner out of this is Oxlade - he'll be starting every game until he gets injured.

Syn
It is a bit funny.

Niall_Quinn
I think GW to send some delegates to the next AGM to face wenger. Imagine cripps 1 on 1 with wenger

I could go as special liaison to the board of directors.

Niall_Quinn
22-01-2012, 09:23 PM
He's already tried - he thought 'Oxlade on the left wasn't working' and that 'he had started fatigue, stretched his calf and he was sick in the week'.

Anyway we've been through it already. The only winner out of this is Oxlade - he'll be starting every game until he gets injured.

He was serious about that? I thought that was humour designed to fuel the tension.

Flavs
22-01-2012, 09:25 PM
You could see that even Fergie felt sorry for us today

Olivier's xmas twist

so expexcet him to have a set back on friday and be out for 2 months.

Olivier's xmas twist

he's donethat for the last years tbf. he got embarresed when we lost 8-2

Cripps_orig
22-01-2012, 09:26 PM
I will be very surprised if he plays v Aston Villa.

Wenger will want to prove a point

Flavs
22-01-2012, 09:26 PM
so expexcet him to have a set back on friday and be out for 2 months.

"He is 2-3 weeks away from a return"

Niall_Quinn
22-01-2012, 09:27 PM

If we'd have let him make the subs for us he wouldn't have changed a thing. He must have laughed his flabby old impotent bollocks off when he saw Ox being dragged off and a fat doughnut being rolled on.

Marc Overmars
22-01-2012, 09:28 PM

That's why he's all smiles and handshakes with Wenger now.

He's like his pet, the lovable little French scamp.

Xhaka Can’t
22-01-2012, 09:31 PM

Cripps would crap his pants.

Live on tv.

Cripps_orig
22-01-2012, 09:33 PM

Live on tv.Doubt it

Xhaka Can’t
22-01-2012, 09:34 PM
Doubt it

In the recorded highlights then.

Niall_Quinn
22-01-2012, 09:34 PM

Live on tv.

And that would be bad, why?

Xhaka Can’t
22-01-2012, 09:35 PM
And that would be bad, why?

It would be during the smellovision trials.

Olivier's xmas twist
22-01-2012, 09:36 PM
Loved how at HT they showed the in Wenger we trust banner and at full time they never LMAO.

also Souness commenting after game on how Arsenal's refusal to spend money will lead to them becoming a feeder club...."they are like a stone rolling down a hill gathering more and more moss"....brilliant. NQ has some competiton for his way with words

Niall_Quinn
22-01-2012, 09:36 PM

With that amount of bullshit in the room who's going to notice?

Flavs
22-01-2012, 09:37 PM

Would it be sponsored by ADIDAS??

*waits

Cripps_orig
Loved how at HT they showed the in Wenger we trust banner and at full time they never LMAOIt was removed and the fans laughed out of the stadium

Xhaka Can’t
With that amount of bullshit in the room who's going to notice?

I was talking about his breath.

Niall_Quinn
22-01-2012, 09:39 PM
Would it be sponsored by ADIDAS??

*waits

Got your sleeping bag with you just in case?

Flavs
22-01-2012, 09:40 PM
Got your sleeping bag with you just in case?

A dirty Indian Did a shit

lolsters

Niall_Quinn
22-01-2012, 09:41 PM
Loved how at HT they showed the in Wenger we trust banner and at full time they never LMAO.

also Souness commenting after game on how Arsenal's refusal to spend money will lead to them becoming a feeder club...."they are like a stone rolling down a hill gathering more and more moss"....brilliant. NQ has some competiton for his way with words

Souness is a cunt.

Syn
22-01-2012, 09:42 PM
Wenger also said: "You have an 18-year-old making his first start and a player who's captain of his country and they are querying the sub? Let's be serious."

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story/_/id/1012047/arsenal-boss-aresene-wenger-defends-chamberlain-substitution?cc=5739

Cripps_orig
22-01-2012, 09:43 PM
Wenger also said: "You have an 18-year-old making his first start and a player who's captain of his country and they are querying the sub? Let's be serious."

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story/_/id/1012047/arsenal-boss-aresene-wenger-defends-chamberlain-substitution?cc=5739

:popcorn:That was also on the BBC link you posted

Niall_Quinn
22-01-2012, 09:44 PM

I see we're pretty serious about keeping RvP then. Is it in the rules the captain has to keep a straight face when the manager is making a complete cock of himself?

All in all a great day, only good can come of this.

McNamara That Ghost...
22-01-2012, 09:44 PM
Aresene? ESPN. :lol: What a ramshackle operation.

Marc Overmars
22-01-2012, 09:45 PM

The 18 year old in one game looked far more of a threat than the national captain has all season.

I think it's time for you to be serious now, Wumger.

Boss
22-01-2012, 09:45 PM
50,000 subs in 30 years?

Someone's bad at math...

Niall_Quinn
22-01-2012, 09:46 PM
I wonder if we can destabilise Ox and shift him out the door before the 31st of the month?

Syn
That was also on the BBC link you posted

My bad. Usually Arsenal.com tend to put everything on their page. This time they've selective-quoted so I keep skimming over different reports.

Boss
The 18 year old in one game looked far more of a threat than the national captain has all season.

Tbfth, he's shown everyone on GW the heights you can reach if you take wumming to extreme levels.

Puts all the wums on here in the shade. In some cases, like Lolters, literally too.

Ralpheroo72
22-01-2012, 09:47 PM
If arry does get the england job, i think wenger would be awesome as manager of tottenham.

McNamara That Ghost...
22-01-2012, 09:47 PM

Wenger. :bow:

Officially announcing Project Youth is dead.

Marc Overmars
22-01-2012, 09:48 PM
Might watch MOTD 2 to see what Lee Dixon has to say.