PDA

View Full Version : Oxlade-Chamberlain

Dennis Bendtner
22-01-2012, 06:09 PM
Try your hardest to leave today's farce aside.

The Ox is a class act. Not much has been made of the weight of the pass for Van Persie. It was exceptional. You have to be good to do that. He has allied pace and technical ability.

He is a gem.

Anyway...bloody hell Wenger. Why. :banghead:

Marc Overmars
22-01-2012, 06:11 PM
Pacey, strong, eye for a pass, knows where the goal is.

Not Arsenal quality though, apparently.

Master Splinter
22-01-2012, 06:13 PM
You know he's brilliant.

Just like you knew Fabregas, Rooney and Wilshere were.

Boss
22-01-2012, 06:13 PM
Must be our first choice to start on the wings till Gervinho gets back at the very least.

No doubt we'll see Theo and Arshavin start next game though.

McNamara That Ghost...
22-01-2012, 06:15 PM
Glad he eventually got his chance, also very glad he actually took it - if he hadn't there's a decent chance he wouldn't have played again for a while.

Olivier's xmas twist
22-01-2012, 06:17 PM
Must be our first choice to start on the wings till Gervinho gets back at the very least.No doubt we'll see Theo and Arshavin start next game though.

you do know who our manager is

Master Splinter
22-01-2012, 06:19 PM
Gervinho and Oxface on the wings is potentially brilliant.

I wonder if we'll ever see it.

Dennis Bendtner
22-01-2012, 06:19 PM
You know he's brilliant.

Just like you knew Fabregas, Rooney and Wilshere were.

Yeah.

I'd say this was a rare occasion this season when someone was on the same page as Van Persie. Little point turning this into a Walcott/Gervais bashing thread, but it's obvious. He's going to be awesome.

Syn
22-01-2012, 06:33 PM
He will get a run of games now.

The first half was frustrating for him. Players were not finding him with passes and then blaming him for not being at the position where the pass was played. It was good he didn't get intimidated and picked up in the second half.

We have some truly outstanding young talent. Szczesny and Wilshere are among the best in the league already. We'll see if Oxlade gets there but the early signs are very good. As has been the case for a while now, while we trust Wenger's ability to find these gems, we don't trust his ability to get the best out of them.

Cripps_orig
22-01-2012, 06:34 PM
Wont play v Villa

Niall_Quinn
22-01-2012, 06:41 PM
We all know he'll get injured, probably taken out in training by Diaby. We'll find a way to fuck him up.

LDG
23-01-2012, 02:54 PM
Wonder whether he'll be a doubt, because of a "little calf" next week.

Niall_Quinn
23-01-2012, 03:24 PM
Wonder whether he'll be a doubt, because of a "little calf" next week.

Heard his triangle completion rate was low yesterday, the stupid fucker kept running with the ball towards the opposition goal. That made the triangles harder to complete and also meant we were often playing an isosceles formation when it should have been equilateral. At one point the whole shape was scalene as Ox and RvP threw discipline to the wind and got into the opposition box, stayed onside and scored. Ox caused our perimeter to be way off too, it should have been 6 feet but he often got pulled towards the opposition goal thereby extending it to a ridiculous 50 yards, even more on occasion. The lad has a lot to learn.

Plus he's injured, whether he likes it or not.

Boss
25-01-2012, 01:04 PM
Will probably be going to Euro 2012

http://www.setanta.com/ie/Articles/2012/01/25/Capello-set-to-call-on-Gunners-starlet/gnid-127633/

Niall_Quinn
25-01-2012, 01:09 PM
Will probably be going to Euro 2012

http://www.setanta.com/ie/Articles/2012/01/25/Capello-set-to-call-on-Gunners-starlet/gnid-127633/

Oh good, now we have another useful player that can get injured when he's not even playing for us. I guess we get Theo all to ourselves though.

Coney
25-01-2012, 01:12 PM
Heard his triangle completion rate was low yesterday, the stupid fucker kept running with the ball towards the opposition goal. That made the triangles harder to complete and also meant we were often playing an isosceles formation when it should have been equilateral. At one point the whole shape was scalene as Ox and RvP threw discipline to the wind and got into the opposition box, stayed onside and scored. Ox caused our perimeter to be way off too, it should have been 6 feet but he often got pulled towards the opposition goal thereby extending it to a ridiculous 50 yards, even more on occasion. The lad has a lot to learn.

Plus he's injured, whether he likes it or not.

:lol:

Syn
25-01-2012, 01:12 PM
Theo will feel like utter shit if Oxlade goes to the Euros and he doesn't. I wouldn't go as far as to say I hope it happens - because that'd be a horrible thing to wish for - but I really hope it happens.

Coney
25-01-2012, 01:13 PM
Theo will feel like utter shit if Oxlade goes to the Euros and he doesn't. I wouldn't go as far as to say I hope it happens - because that'd be a horrible thing to wish for - but I really hope it happens.

:good: If you can't take the heat...

.. then fuck off.

Fist of Lehmann
25-01-2012, 01:17 PM
Even when Gerbilho comes back I wouldn't mind having a look at OC in the middle, instead of Ramsey. When he came there was talk that he was could play centrally.
This is if Wilshere isn't back of course.

The only thing is that, with his style of play (fast/direct) he'd naturally play a bit more like a deep-lying forward than a forward thinking midfielder. A bit more like Man Utd play with Rooney.

With Ramsey looking leggy and Cesc before him, it's a long time since we had any real pace in that attacking mid position.

He'd need to work on his triangles though. Or turn them into straight lines e.g. Sczez -> OC -> Goal

Olivier's xmas twist
25-01-2012, 01:19 PM
:good: If you can't take the heat...

.. then fuck off.

:gp:

Özim
25-01-2012, 01:26 PM
Saw him last year before we signed him and was impressed with his ability, he's been brilliant for us when he's played...problem lies with Wenger barely playing him.

He can dribble, is pacy and intelligent on the ball he's going to be some player when he gets a manager who lets him play.

Kano
25-01-2012, 01:27 PM
great. first wilshere now chamberlain about to be ordained as the fucking saviour of the wank national team.

nothing better than piling all that pressure onto two potentially great players in their teens.

Marc Overmars
25-01-2012, 02:24 PM
I think England should absolutley take him, would be a good wildcard to have in the squad. Unpredictable player.

It would probably be at the expense of Theo though. Which would serve him right anyway for being shit.

Olivier's xmas twist
25-01-2012, 02:29 PM
Saw him last year before we signed him and was impressed with his ability, he's been brilliant for us when he's played...problem lies with Wenger barely playing him.

He can dribble, is pacy and intelligent on the ball he's going to be some player when he gets a manager who lets him play.

Yep He should be starting or playing every game from now till the end of the season Wenger has nothing to loose by playing him and has no exccuse not to now. The fans booing will see him play more games.

Niall_Quinn
25-01-2012, 03:15 PM

He'll feel like he plays then.

Coney
25-01-2012, 03:21 PM
Yep He should be starting or playing every game from now till the end of the season Wenger has nothing to loose by playing him and has no exccuse not to now. The fans booing will see him play more games.

He is pretty well guaranteed a massive cheer every time his name is called out at the start of the game or as sub. And a jeer every time Wenger pulls him off. We know this kid has spunk.

Grebbo
30-01-2012, 11:38 AM
Bored today so surfing youtube.

Chit chat with Ox: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U_2q6YrOBZ8

Q: If you could only have one item on a deserted island would it be an ipod or a football?
Ox: I'd have to think logically and say an ipod as a football would kill you quicker because of all the running around.

For some reason that made me laugh a lot.

Coney
30-01-2012, 12:06 PM
great. first wilshere now chamberlain about to be ordained as the fucking saviour of the wank national team.

nothing better than piling all that pressure onto two potentially great players in their teens.

Well, while Theo might find it a burdon, I reckon Ox and Ghelshire would react by being boosted. They are the kind who relish a challenge and will come out fighting to prove it, rather then fret over the best philosphical approach. Don't get me wrong - I like philosphy, but when they are on the pitch, I just want the ball in the fucking net.

Niall_Quinn
30-01-2012, 01:31 PM
Theo has a chance now to give Capello a headache (and I don't mean by writing another book). If he puts in the performances, if Wenger plays Ox too, if both strike up an understanding, then there's no reason why both shouldn't go. Fearsome pace to hit any opponent with on either side. But it's down to Wenger and Theo. Who are they up against? Lennon? Downing ( :haha: ) Milner? Johnson? If Theo could pull his brain out of his arse our two would be the best option for achieving something other than the traditional failure we've become used to. Trouble is Rooney is no RvP but the choice will still be built around him despite the fact he's let the team down so many times.