PDA

View Full Version : Chelsea/Man City/Emirates - Arsenal related

gunnerrrrr
01-02-2012, 10:56 PM
Regardless of the money Chelsea and Man City have and spend. Regardless of Man Utd and their ability to pay someone like Rooney £250k.....

The dream was sold to all of us Gooners that the move to the Emirates would make us a global top top tier football club. We would buy the better players, see worldclass flowing football and win trophies.

After watching todays game, i have to ask myself what the fuck really happened in the last 7 years?

We are now down to small levels of debt, the clubs income is at a good level, we have future commercial opportunities to increase revenue yet we languish in 7th in the league, trophy-less for over 7 years with the same failing (albeit getting worse) each year.

Wenger seems very happy to collect his £6m each year, plus bonuses ala Harry Rednapp for player transfers, Peter "the cunt" HillWood stays in close contact with his banker to ensure he has more money than he can count, and we now have a rich American who looks and acts like Wenger.

If someone had told me 7 years ago that moving to a better stadium meant watching the shit we have seen for the last few seasons whilst alienating our best players i would have told them to fcuk off.

Additionally the money that City/Chelsea spend is irrelevant, they can only sign so many footballers, so why are we stuck with over hyped youngsters, and average footballers.

On top of this all we have a manager who is now verging onto incompetent/clueless and the real possibility of our only worldclass footballer leaving the club.

However according to that A grade muppet Gadiaz or whatever the prik is called, Manchester City should be jealous of our position.

I guess that prat never watched us in the early 2000s....that was a team/club that City should be jealous of, as should you you stupid, clueless mong.

Niall_Quinn
01-02-2012, 10:59 PM
We all keep asking the same question, maybe because the answer is something we just don't want to hear. But the answer is self-evident based on the facts. The club has been looted by a small group of men who used to play with each other's willies in the dorm.

Gubby Allen
01-02-2012, 11:00 PM
I think they're the programme notes for Saturdays' game, that you've got hold of.

Xhaka Can’t
01-02-2012, 11:04 PM
£500m happened.

Niall_Quinn
01-02-2012, 11:06 PM
£500m happened.

£50 was handed back for the ground staff bonus -to share.

Xhaka Can’t
01-02-2012, 11:08 PM
£50 was handed back for the ground staff bonus -to share.

Only because Hill-Wad doesn't carry twenties.

gunnerrrrr
01-02-2012, 11:10 PM
Staying at highbury would make no diffence to what we spent, we be worse off.

you really think so?

Think about it...we missed out on Alonso by a few million, we sold players like Ade, Toure, Vieria even for the money...where has the Cesc and Nasri money gone?

David Dein may still be at the club, maybe Wenger wouldnt feel that he was a chartered account and he would concentrate on football again.

Who knows how many transfer we turned down over our haggling....

It is funny, i recall reading an article when we bought Reyes and at that time all the major clubs wanted him. The article pointed to our true arising as a super power and as such we could attract the best....we cant even keep onto out best players now....we hold onto the Rosickys of this world however with ease.

Niall_Quinn
01-02-2012, 11:13 PM
Only because Hill-Wad doesn't carry twenties.

Oh, that's right. He asked them to go and get change. Then he fined them £20 for time taken to pop to the newsagent.

Olivier's xmas twist
01-02-2012, 11:15 PM
you really think so?

Think about it...we missed out on Alonso by a few million, we sold players like Ade, Toure, Vieria even for the money...where has the Cesc and Nasri money gone?

David Dein may still be at the club, maybe Wenger wouldnt feel that he was a chartered account and he would concentrate on football again.

Who knows how many transfer we turned down over our haggling....

It is funny, i recall reading an article when we bought Reyes and at that time all the major clubs wanted him. The article pointed to our true arising as a super power and as such we could attract the best....we cant even keep onto out best players now....we hold onto the Rosickys of this world however with ease.

we'd have not have spent even if we stayed because of project youth, or the board would have found away to save money.

Marc Overmars
01-02-2012, 11:16 PM
The way the club operates in the transfer market is nothing short of a disgrace. How Wenger declines to add to his squad just beggers belief, is he really a top manager? Looking like a fraud at the moment.

I get the need to be self-sufficient, I get the need to develop younger players, that's admirable. However that's all just a component of what makes a successful club, not the be all and end all.

How's about spending some of that money we seem to make every time our figures are released?

Better yet, spending some of the fucking money the club makes from selling it's best assets every year.

Every club (apart from City and Chelsea) live within their means, yet we're so far within our means we can't even see the light of day anymore. No one is asking to spend 50m on x, y and z, just show some balls and spend the money you generate and smugly like to boast about.

Cunts.

LDG
01-02-2012, 11:39 PM
The stadium move was a good one. We needed it, but what we supposed we were getting out of it, has never materialised.

Gazidis going on about City....and Wenger talking about being unable to compete with that level of spending is now farcical. Basically because we can't even compete on the pitch with fucking Fulham, Bolton, Wolves, Blackburn and fucking Swansea. They can forget City and the other big guns. We're now 7th in the league.

KSE Comedy Club
01-02-2012, 11:55 PM
we'd have not have spent even if we stayed because of project youth, or the board would have found away to save money.Project youth only started to help the move though.

Coney
02-02-2012, 01:22 PM
Project youth only started to help the move though.

When will they realise that we have actually now moved so it's time to get back to things like winning trophies.

Letters
02-02-2012, 01:29 PM
Project youth wasn't the unmitigated disaster some make out. We had some teams which were very close to winning the title or other trophies. We just needed to mix the youth with a bit of experience and we'd have a few trophies to show for it.
It's frustrating how close we came and how little extra investment would have yielded very different results.