PDA

View Full Version : Super Super Quality Transfer Speculation & Shit

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29

McNamara That Ghost...
15-06-2012, 02:16 PM
Crouch and Owen. :bow:

fakeyank
15-06-2012, 03:04 PM
Why would we want to get Kalou in? Waste of a player to get..

Master Splinter
15-06-2012, 03:52 PM
Why would we want to get Kalou in? Waste of a player to get..

Kalou will sign, alongside N'Zonzi and Rodallega.

fakeyank
15-06-2012, 11:16 PM
Walcott did a good job today to bring up his transfer value.. in fact everyone on the shop window is doing pretty good- Bendy, Arshavin, Theo and partly RVP. RVP doesnt need to do a lot though.. last season was good enough!

Cripps_orig
15-06-2012, 11:27 PM
Arsenal are leading the chase to sign Real Madrid's 22-year-old star Joselu.
Full story: talkSPORT

What position does he play?

Japan Shaking All Over
15-06-2012, 11:41 PM
Forward. . .scored for fun for the 'B' team

he sounds like the kind of player we should have got instead of Park. . .although if we get rid of him we will be looking at other options, will Campbell come in next year?

I would say Giourd signing, Robin staying will see us set for strikers, additional attackers will be midfield if any

Cripps_orig
15-06-2012, 11:43 PM
Campbell :lol:

Forgot about him

hobson's choice
16-06-2012, 12:48 AM
22 and still on the B

Cripps_orig
16-06-2012, 01:04 AM
Tbf, look whos in front of him

hobson's choice
16-06-2012, 01:42 AM
But if that's the case, why didn't get loaned out, loads of club in Spain need players on the cheap.

AKBapologist
16-06-2012, 02:13 PM
Some random transfer news
Bentner of to Swansea
Sqillachi allowed to move on a free to some random French club
MVila deal is more or less off -
Giroud deal is more or less done
Arshavin going back to old club
Dzagoev interested in moving to the epl

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

Japan Shaking All Over
16-06-2012, 02:35 PM
If the all those are true and the last one is us then I would say bot a bad bit of business.

I have a feeling Dzagoev could be wishful thinking and tbh I havent seen anything of him, not even his euro performances. However he is young, apparantly talented and coming to the end of his contract so could be looking at bargain price time - perfect Wenger territory and if Arshavin goes then we will be looking. . . .although Dempsey ticks the right boxes apart from age

hobson's choice
16-06-2012, 02:54 PM
I want M'Villa or another really good DM. With a proper DM, it gives us the ability to do so much.

Bergkampwonderland10
16-06-2012, 07:00 PM
Giroud will get plenty of game time I reckon. Last year was a minor miracle in that RVP stayed fit for every game, there were plenty of times though when he looked a little jaded but because we had no back up, we just ran him into the ground.

A viable alternative is what we've needed for the best part of 2 years now and hopefully this guy is it.

Precisely.

Cripps_orig
16-06-2012, 11:05 PM
Arsenal finally admit they will sell forward Robin van Persie, 28, for £30m - and Gunners winger Theo Walcott, 23, could follow him out of the door.
Full story: Sunday Mirror

Striker Daniel Sturridge, 22, wants to quit Chelsea after his Euro 2012 snub, with Arsenal, Manchester City, Tottenham and Liverpool all interested.
Full story: Sunday Mirror

Arsenal target Alan Dzagoev, a 21-year-old Russia striker, has admitted he is open to the idea of a move from CSKA Moscow.

Bye

No thanks

Keep Arshavin and get Dzagoev

Niall_Quinn
16-06-2012, 11:15 PM
Bye

No thanks

Keep Arshavin and get Dzagoev

RvP has been asked not to speak about the situation so Steve Stammers has taken it upon himself to make shit up anyway. Not a single quote or source mentioned in that article, I could just have easily written it. A **** like Madonna can sue if they get her tit size wrong, why can't clubs sue these ****ish journalists for making shit up that potentially destabilises football clubs? Could be City ringing up the Mirror will BS stories for all we know, wouldn't be a bad tactic. Next step is to get the fans to turn on the player and then it all moves along on rails. The whole Cesc thing was conducted through the media too with those greasy ****s at Barca flapping their gobs every day in the most blatant example of tapping up short of anything Harry Redknapp has ever done in the transfer market. This **** Stammers writes as if he's somehow got the inside track and he's recounting facts. Stupid ****. A feeble excuse for a journalist if there's even such a thing these days.

Cripps_orig
16-06-2012, 11:38 PM
http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/4377393/Theo-Walcott-contract-quit-threat-if-Arsenal-sell-Robin-van-Persie.html

Makes sense

Niall_Quinn
17-06-2012, 12:27 AM
http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/4377393/Theo-Walcott-contract-quit-threat-if-Arsenal-sell-Robin-van-Persie.html

Makes sense

"Real boss Jose Mourinho also likes Walcott but Juve are favourites to grab both, who are close pals."

Favourites :haha:

Neither player has said a word but the journos somehow know who's the favourite.

Niall_Quinn
17-06-2012, 12:30 AM
Journos making up stories doesn't remove the fact that Gazidis should be sacked though. This guy has been fucking up for quite some time now, unless it's his job to actually encourage the contract mess.

hobson's choice
17-06-2012, 12:39 AM
Walcott playing outside of England, lol

AKBapologist
17-06-2012, 09:50 AM
http://m.mirror.co.uk/article?id=887137/
Yann practically begs to join us.

4-3-3
17-06-2012, 11:43 AM
http://m.mirror.co.uk/article?id=887137/
Yann practically begs to join us.

When reading between the lines,i think the deal is done and dusted.for a professional athlete to come out and give that kinde of interview, while knowing how in demand he is.

this quote from him 2 weeks ago'''
''My present at the moment is France 'After the Euros we will see what happens with my future. There are many options open and I still don't know what will happen.
'We will have to talk about everything in a relaxed way but I don't think my signing for another club will depend on what happens in the Euros.'
if not the he need to be shot in his crazy hair.
wellcome to the arse Yann

Niall_Quinn
17-06-2012, 02:40 PM
Just as likely he has instructions from his agent to whore himself out to the media to generate increased interest. Don't overlook the fact Euro 2012 is a shop window.

Ollie the Optimist
17-06-2012, 03:11 PM
Arshavin to Russian fans in the airport: "It's not our problem we didn't meet your expectations. It's your problem".

i dont want him at ours any more. i dont care if he played well for two games, taht attiude is all thats wrong with football.

Cripps_orig
17-06-2012, 03:12 PM
Didnt realise you were there

Ollie the Optimist
17-06-2012, 03:19 PM
Didnt realise you were there

its from guardian and the times

GP
17-06-2012, 03:23 PM
its from guardian and the times

I won't believe it until I see it on a reputable source, such as caughtoffside, The Onion or goal.com

Cripps_orig
17-06-2012, 03:24 PM
its from guardian and the timesLink?

Xhaka Can’t
17-06-2012, 03:42 PM
Link?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x8RKCmkOyB4

Ollie the Optimist
17-06-2012, 03:45 PM
Link?

RT @Oliverkaytimes RT @arturpetrosyan: Arshavin to Russian fans in the airport: "It's not our problem we didn't meet your expectations. It's your problem".

Cripps_orig
17-06-2012, 03:47 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x8RKCmkOyB4:blink:

Good film but wtf?

Cripps_orig
17-06-2012, 03:48 PM
RT @Oliverkaytimes RT @arturpetrosyan: Arshavin to Russian fans in the airport: "It's not our problem we didn't meet your expectations. It's your problem".Yeah thats not a link

Xhaka Can’t
17-06-2012, 03:59 PM
:blink:

Good film but wtf?

Got Guardian and Guardians mixed up tbh.

Master Splinter
17-06-2012, 04:26 PM
Arshavin played well for two games? :lol:

More like he played well in one, was hit and miss in the second and useless in the third.

Seems to mirror his Arsenal career.

Or maybe it was Advocaat playing him in the wrong position again?

Or not motivating him.

Advocaat out.

Heard Advocaat didn't share a drink with Santos after the game. What a classless clown.

I bet he earns 7 million Abramodollars too.

4-3-3
17-06-2012, 09:02 PM
http://www.thefootballnetwork.net/main/s378/st178030.htm
exodus

McNamara That Ghost...
17-06-2012, 09:21 PM
By Eduardo

What's he up to? :unsure:

4-3-3
17-06-2012, 09:53 PM

project youth:tumbleweed:

Coney
17-06-2012, 09:56 PM
http://www.thefootballnetwork.net/main/s378/st178030.htm
exodus

The club are looking to sell Andre Arshavin, Nicklas Bendtner, Carlos Vela, Denilson, Sebastion Squillaci and possibly Marouane Chamakh and Ju Young Park.

Abu Diaby may finally see his injury plagued stay at Arsenal finally end, several clubs in France and Turkey are said to be interested.

Not all bad news, if true.

Cripps_orig
17-06-2012, 10:13 PM
Keep Arshavin

Sell the rest

Xhaka Can’t
17-06-2012, 10:19 PM
Keep Arshavin

Sell the rest

Or he could eat them.

Ollie the Optimist
17-06-2012, 10:21 PM
M'VILA: "I don't know what the future holds to me, but I hope that I'll be wearing Arsenal's shirt as soon as possible"

sounds good to me

Cripps_orig
17-06-2012, 10:22 PM
M'VILA: "I don't know what the future holds to me, but I hope that I'll be wearing Inter Milan's shirt as soon as possible"

Doesnt sound too good to me

Niall_Quinn
17-06-2012, 10:52 PM
The club are looking to sell Andre Arshavin, Nicklas Bendtner, Carlos Vela, Denilson, Sebastion Squillaci and possibly Marouane Chamakh and Ju Young Park.

WTF do they mean possibly? The only possibly is why we would possibly want to keep him.

Cripps_orig
17-06-2012, 11:16 PM
France and Rennes midfielder Yann M'Vila, 21, admits he is interested in a move to Arsenal as Gunners manager Arsene Wenger looks to do business early in the transfer window.

West Ham are looking for a cut-price deal with a 'buy-back clause' for Joselu, the 22-year-old Real Madrid striker who has caught Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger's eye.
Full story: Mirror

yay

Looks like West Ham will beat us to him

Master Splinter
18-06-2012, 03:26 AM

Failing at spelling.

Master Splinter
18-06-2012, 03:29 AM
WTF do they mean possibly? The only possibly is why we would possibly want to keep him.

Moroccan shirt sales are even bigger business than the Japanese shirt sales that Park brought in.

Perhaps we are also keeping him until he can convince his son to follow in Giroud's footsteps.

mastermind84
18-06-2012, 03:54 AM
Arshavin played well for two games? :lol:

More like he played well in one, was hit and miss in the second and useless in the third.

Seems to mirror his Arsenal career.

Or maybe it was Advocaat playing him in the wrong position again?

Or not motivating him.

Advocaat out.

Heard Advocaat didn't share a drink with Santos after the game. What a classless clown.

I bet he earns 7 million Abramodollars too.
yeah, this is pretty much it. The Arshavin fun boys got quiet fast after he reverted back to type.

He is useless and should never play for Arsenal again.

GP
18-06-2012, 08:35 AM
I'm hearing the Daily Star's chief football writer Danny Fullbrook has died. 40 years old.

AKBapologist
18-06-2012, 03:35 PM
Ssn claims Giroud deal is done. Will be made official after the euros.

Cripps_orig
18-06-2012, 03:36 PM
RVP :wave:

McNamara That Ghost...
18-06-2012, 03:37 PM
Dick Law. :bow:

Welcome again Giroud.

McNamara That Ghost...
18-06-2012, 03:38 PM
I'm hearing the Daily Star's chief football writer Danny Fullbrook has died. 40 years old.

Wasn't aware he had been suffering with cancer until today, he looked ok when he had been on Sunday Supplement (though very ocassionally).

Marc Overmars
18-06-2012, 03:43 PM
Giroud. :bow:

What a beautiful man.

Ollie the Optimist
18-06-2012, 03:52 PM
two top strikers for 20 million with m'vila added in there (i hope) for an extra 17million. spent a lot, got a lot. someone seems to have learnt. this is good

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
18-06-2012, 03:59 PM
i think the most important thing is preparing early on for a possible departure of rvp and not leaving it last minute like last summer. it looks like we're doing that which is good news. just need to buy a DM and maybe a versatile defender, then get rid of 6/7 players and we should be good to go.

Ollie the Optimist
18-06-2012, 04:00 PM
i think the most important thing is preparing early on for a possible departure of rvp and not leaving it last minute like last summer. it looks like we're doing that which is good news. just need to buy a DM and maybe a versatile defender, then get rid of 6/7 players and we should be good to go.

i think mvila is done, or pretty much done so hopefully thats the dm, a cheap good defender would be great but i owuldnt be worried to much if we promoted miquel as i think he would be good enough for us

Boss
18-06-2012, 04:05 PM
No one will want RVP after the shocker he's had at the Euros so looks like we'll be keeping him.

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
18-06-2012, 04:09 PM
No one will want RVP after the shocker he's had at the Euros so looks like we'll be keeping him.

you'll be saying that with tongue in cheek but tbh its actually better for us. he now realises how it feels to have pressure on you and the fans/media being on your back constantly, which the dutch people have been during the euro's. if he moves away from us he'll have to experience that at a new club especially if it doesn't work out relatively quickly at the club. at arsenal he can go 10 games without scoring and we'll still cheer his name on. he feels at home with us. but if he leaves for another club then it could spell the end of his career as noone will be as loyal as we are. its a big risk to take.

having a bad tournament could work in our favour.

Joker
18-06-2012, 04:10 PM
Yeah RVP has fucked up any chance of a move to a top club by playing like a Stoke City player in the Euros. In fact if someone is stupid enough to come in with a £30M bid, we should bite their hands off and use the money to strengthen the team in all areas, not just up front. He's on the decline now, and while he bailed us out last season by getting us into 3rd place, we can't be sentimental and should flog him if the right offer comes in.

Özim
18-06-2012, 04:11 PM
at arsenal he can go 10 games without scoring and we'll still cheer his name on. he feels at home with us.
I'll raise you 3 years on the treatment table.

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
18-06-2012, 04:14 PM
I'll raise you 3 years on the treatment table.

3? you're being too kind

Özim
18-06-2012, 04:17 PM
3? you're being too kind
Trick is not to give away all your injuries too early.

Marc Overmars
18-06-2012, 04:17 PM
Hopefully we can tie up M'Vila, then I think we're pretty much good to go, anyone else will probably be a bonus signing.

I'm hoping we can find buyers for Dennis Bendtner, Denilson, Fat Fuck, Chakma, Park etc. That would really be the cherry on top and represent a good turnover of players.

Net spend. :bow:

Cripps_orig
18-06-2012, 04:29 PM
Giroud whilst an underwhelming signing is a signing that isnt a kid or French African so a step in the right direction

Wont play much if RVP stays/stays fit but lets see how he does in the ridiculously named Capital One Cup

fakeyank
18-06-2012, 04:34 PM
If we tie up RVP, this will be one of the best transfer window for Arsenal in ages!!

Cripps_orig
18-06-2012, 04:38 PM
We need more

Much more

A keeper, a right back for cover, could do with a CB as we only have 3 decent ones and a LB cos Gibbs nor Santos impress, an attacking midfielder cos we dont really have one.

Niall_Quinn
18-06-2012, 04:47 PM
you'll be saying that with tongue in cheek but tbh its actually better for us. he now realises how it feels to have pressure on you and the fans/media being on your back constantly, which the dutch people have been during the euro's. if he moves away from us he'll have to experience that at a new club especially if it doesn't work out relatively quickly at the club. at arsenal he can go 10 games without scoring and we'll still cheer his name on. he feels at home with us. but if he leaves for another club then it could spell the end of his career as noone will be as loyal as we are. its a big risk to take.

having a bad tournament could work in our favour.

Or summarised, we supposedly offered £130K a week, City are supposedly offering £250K a week. That's over £6mill a year additional to make up for any booing that might arise from the glory hunters at the gypo camp. Two explanations for this sudden desire to recruit strikers, either RvP is gone or Stan is getting serious about what happens on the pitch. I'd guess the chances are 90% former, 1% latter, 9% something else entirely.

Niall_Quinn
18-06-2012, 04:53 PM
Yeah RVP has fucked up any chance of a move to a top club by playing like a Stoke City player in the Euros. In fact if someone is stupid enough to come in with a £30M bid, we should bite their hands off and use the money to strengthen the team in all areas, not just up front. He's on the decline now, and while he bailed us out last season by getting us into 3rd place, we can't be sentimental and should flog him if the right offer comes in.

Yep, of course he's fucked it up. 3 games in an unbalanced Dutch side is more than enough to conclude his last 50 games for Arsenal were mere flukes. I agree, he's rapidly gone downhill in the last few weeks. In fact he's a terrible player, awful. A pretender who has managed to con most people based solely on being top scorer in the PL and winning all the awards. There's only a few people here who weren't conned by his perpetual goalscoring antics. And even if RvP stays and continues to score goals at Arsenal it still doesn't mean he's a decent player. He'll have to put in a good few more seasons winning the golden boot before he deserves any credit from bitter little tossers who made themselves a laughing stock and are now desperately trying to vindicate themselves.

Coney
18-06-2012, 04:56 PM
Moroccan shirt sales are even bigger business than the Japanese shirt sales that Park brought in.

Morrocan sales were very big in the 1970s as well, but it wasn't shirts. :good:

McNamara That Ghost...
18-06-2012, 04:59 PM
Wont play much if RVP stays/stays fit but lets see how he does in the ridiculously named Capital One Cup

King of the COC. :bow:

Coney
18-06-2012, 05:02 PM
King of the COC. :bow:

:tiphat:

Bergkampwonderland10
18-06-2012, 05:56 PM

Perhaps we are also keeping him until he can convince his son to follow in Giroud's footsteps.

Park brought in Japanese shirt sales? There's me thinking he was South Korean. :dunce:

Cripps_orig
18-06-2012, 05:57 PM
Park brought in Japanese shirt sales? There's me thinking he was South Korean. :dunce:He is

MS :haha:

Bergkampwonderland10
18-06-2012, 06:02 PM
Just to recap...
Podolski confirmed 11million
Likely signings...Giroud 12million and M'Vila 17million

And we are trying to sell (or give away)
Arshavin
Bendtner
Vela
Denilson
Fabianski
Park
Chamakh
Squillacci

Anyone else?

Waiting on Van Persie, Walcott and Song to re-sign as they enter their final year right?
Not much has changed over the past 2 weeks has it? When did the window open again?

The signings I would like to make...would include...
Modric
Lewandowski
and Vertonghen
:mwah:

Cripps_orig
18-06-2012, 06:04 PM
Modric is a nothing player

Lewandowski is a bit shit

Vertonghen is Spuds bound

Bergkampwonderland10
18-06-2012, 06:11 PM
In a nutshell :)

Lewandowski is a bit shit

Vertonghen is Spuds bound

Kano
18-06-2012, 09:12 PM
i can never quite tell when you are being serious.

anyway, i used to wander what the fuss was about modric. now stats in isolation can be misleading sometimes but this fairly comprehensive set gives a good idea of what luka is all about:

Chances Created (Key Passes):
1: Mata @ 3pg (102 total)
2: Silva @ 2.9pg (104)
3: Modric @ 2.7pg (96)

This is an incredibly impressive position for a deep-lying playmaker. In fact, he is the only deep-lying player in the top 10 for chances created. You have to go down to Danny Murphy and Mikel Arteta at 2.1pg each (11 and 12 best) before you find someone who isn’t an advanced playmaker, winger, or striker. Simply put, he is creating almost as many chances from a deep-lying position as Mata and Silva are in free roles. He creates more chances than players like Bale, Valencia, Nani, RVP, Nasri, Lampard, etc.

Passes Per Game:
1: Arteta @ 76 (90% accuracy)
2: Toure @ 75 (90%)
3: Carrick @ 73 (90%)
4: Modric @ 70 (87%)

This may not be terribly remarkable or unexpected by itself, but let’s look at passes of 25+ yards among outfield players.

Long Passes:
1: Ashley Williams @ 8.8pg (70% accuracy)
2: Modric @ 7.6pg (83%)
[...]
7: Carrick @ 6pg (82%)
9: Toure @ 5.5pg (81%)

This begins to tell us that Modric is more ambitious and incisive with his passing than his competitors. We can take it one step further and look at # of long passes as a percentage of total pass attempts:

Modric: 329/2534 (12%)
Carrick: 218/2192 (9%)
Toure: 216/2419 (8%)
Arteta: 172/2229 (7%)

So ultimately, Modric attempts and completes a comparable amount of total passes to his competitors, but creates significantly more chances. This, when combined with his significantly higher volume of long passes per game and ratio of long passes to total passes, suggests that Modric is the most incisive and creative deep-lying passer in the country by a pretty comfortable distance.

Obviously players like Toure and Carrick have other qualities and are different types of players, but they—along with Arteta—are really the only deep-lying players that even come close to holding a candle to Modric’s creativity. If I try to compare him to players like Danny Murphy or Joe Allen or w/e it’s just not worth the time.

Simply put, he is the best at what he does in the league. I mean shit, I didn’t even talk about dribbles per game. He’s the only deep-lying midfielder on the first PAGE of that stat.

Cripps_orig
18-06-2012, 09:16 PM
Im serious about that

Rarely scores or assists and for an attacking midfielder, thats a bit shit

Kano
18-06-2012, 09:18 PM
i'm not sure it's as simple as that.

Özim
18-06-2012, 09:21 PM
Park brought in Japanese shirt sales? There's me thinking he was South Korean. :dunce:
:lol:

Cripps_orig
18-06-2012, 09:23 PM
It really is

Football is a simple game made complicated by endless stats about worthless shite

So many people on here over-think things going on about tactics and strategies and god knows what else.

Put the ball in the back of the net, simples

And Modric doesnt do that or isnt directly involved in any of that enough times for him to be rated as highly as he is

Özim
18-06-2012, 09:23 PM
He assists the assister and that counts double!

Kano
18-06-2012, 09:26 PM
It really is

Football is a simple game made complicated by endless stats about worthless shite

So many people on here over-think things going on about tactics and strategies and god knows what else.

Put the ball in the back of the net, simples

And Modric doesnt do that or isnt directly involved in any of that enough times for him to be rated as highly as he is
i don't think any of that is complicated - it just highlights that he is a deep lying midfielder that really makes his domestic or international side tick. i know for sure that spurs lose a hell of a lot when he is not playing.

i don't think he is worth the reported transfer fees but then again who really is.

Cripps_orig
18-06-2012, 09:29 PM
i don't think any of that is complicated - it just highlights that he is a deep lying midfielder that really makes his domestic or international side tick. i know for sure that spurs lose a hell of a lot when he is not playing.

i don't think he is worth the reported transfer fees but then again who really is.He isnt deep lying when he plays for Spurs. Hes played as their creative midfielder with Parker holding and Lennon and Bale flopping on the wings. Doesnt do much to justify his hype

Cripps_orig
18-06-2012, 09:30 PM
Lol, so you never actually played football then? A well organised team of eight could beat the shit out of eleven disorganised. If you've ever player against even a semi pro you know how much more there is to it than just kicking the ball around.I think you have misunderstood me

Kano
18-06-2012, 09:31 PM
He isnt deep lying when he plays for Spurs. Hes played as their creative midfielder with Parker holding and Lennon and Bale flopping on the wings. Doesnt do much to justify his hype
those stats might say something different about his position

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
18-06-2012, 11:17 PM
Just to recap...
Podolski confirmed 11million
Likely signings...Giroud 12million and M'Vila 17million

And we are trying to sell (or give away)
Arshavin
Bendtner
Vela
Denilson
Fabianski
Park
Chamakh
Squillacci

Anyone else?

Waiting on Van Persie, Walcott and Song to re-sign as they enter their final year right?
Not much has changed over the past 2 weeks has it? When did the window open again?

The signings I would like to make...would include...
Modric
Lewandowski
and Vertonghen
:mwah:

cant see much problem in selling bendtner because he's actually decent. maybe if wenger played him in the right position half the time we'd actually get something out of him like denmark have. he'll easily find a club.

some idiot in brazil will make a bid for denilson so i think he'll fuck off.

someone stupid enough in france will think chamakh is still technically good enough to contribute so i think we can find a club for him.

arshavin will easily find a new club.

vela's on fire in spain so no problems there either.

someone with the brain cells of a hamster will make some sort of move for squillaci, most probable destination is france.

i think we'll be able to get rid but wages might provide a sticky. lets pray for the best :pray:

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
18-06-2012, 11:23 PM
i can never quite tell when you are being serious.

anyway, i used to wander what the fuss was about modric. now stats in isolation can be misleading sometimes but this fairly comprehensive set gives a good idea of what luka is all about:

out of curiosity, what does 'chances created' technically mean and how do they calculate it? it seems quite ambiguous and wishy washy. not sure what counts as a 'chance'.

Cripps_orig
18-06-2012, 11:26 PM
He assists the assister and that counts double!

Pretty much

Modric is a poor mans Hleb. Hleb did nothing Modric isnt doing right now. He rarely scored or assisted for us but im sure his stats would have been impressive in that list TT posted.

Kano
19-06-2012, 07:29 AM
out of curiosity, what does 'chances created' technically mean and how do they calculate it? it seems quite ambiguous and wishy washy. not sure what counts as a 'chance'.

no idea - i'm sure you can find it somewhere through opta

Flavs
19-06-2012, 07:45 AM
Modric is awesome to be fair, anyone who thinks not is looking into their own rectum. Funny that none of the commentators noticed he was injured for the last 20 minutes last night and couldnt run though.

Anyhoo i understand we are not only signing Giroud but also keeping Chamakh? WUMger :bow:

Going to use a new 4-2-4 tactic next season with 3 target men and the Podster :bow:

Marc Overmars
19-06-2012, 09:11 AM
Lille reject a 4m bid from Newcastle for Debuchy.

4m. :lol:

Is WUMger advising them?

Japan Shaking All Over
19-06-2012, 09:21 AM
What side does he play?

Does anyone think we will bring in cover for Sagna?

Marc Overmars
19-06-2012, 10:05 AM
Wigan reject a bid from Chelsea for Victor Moses. :unsure:

Edinburgh Gooner
19-06-2012, 10:40 AM
Apparently, according to the Daily Fail, Giroud will sign a 4 year contract worth £45k a week. Ok, the article is written by a "Sportsmail Reporter".

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2161234/Olivier-Giroud-set-complete-Arsenal-deal.html

McNamara That Ghost...
19-06-2012, 11:06 AM
Wigan reject a bid from Chelsea for Victor Moses. :unsure:

http://www.espn.co.uk/football/sport/story/156309.html

Has he fallen out with Sky or something? Possibly just senility and phoned the wrong number.

As for that Mail link, £45k? Are we taking the piss?

Coney
19-06-2012, 11:07 AM
Apparently, according to the Daily Fail, Giroud will sign a 4 year contract worth £45k a week. Ok, the article is written by a "Sportsmail Reporter".

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2161234/Olivier-Giroud-set-complete-Arsenal-deal.html

Also on Daily Heil sports page....

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/euro2012/article-2161082/Euro-2012-Nicklas-Bendtner-fined-80k-banned-UEFA-showing-pants.html

Daily Heil pointing out UEFA failing to deal with racism. Oh the irony.

Özim
19-06-2012, 11:53 AM

Shhhhh don't anyone tell him even our sh*ttest reserves earn more than that!

Power n Glory
19-06-2012, 12:56 PM
Probably a clause in his contract to bump up his pay a year later.

Japan Shaking All Over
19-06-2012, 01:07 PM

Has he fallen out with Sky or something? Possibly just senility and phoned the wrong number.

New?

Özim
19-06-2012, 01:30 PM
Quite pleased we're getting this Giroud guy, of course sod's law suggests he'll probably turn up and not be able to hit a barn door, but at least this time we did try and sign someone who appears to have some sort of ability to shoot and some sort of goalscoring record.

Munchies
19-06-2012, 05:13 PM

Good thing it's 45k imo, if he shows he's worth more through his performances, then he'll get a raise in the Summer.

Or we'll end up with players like Chamakh, who I heard is on 60k !

Young Guns 11
19-06-2012, 05:54 PM
"quote" from M'Vila in goal.com:

I want to go to Arsenal. I know that they are interested in me and I am interested in them. We will see how things will evolve," he said following the win over Ukraine on Friday.

:popcorn:

GP
19-06-2012, 06:08 PM
Good thing it's 45k imo, if he shows he's worth more through his performances, then he'll get a raise in the Summer.

Or we'll end up with players like Chamakh, who I heard is on 60k !

Chamakh was a free transfer so that's pretty standard.

Bergkampwonderland10
19-06-2012, 06:31 PM
Pretty much

Modric is a poor mans Hleb. Hleb did nothing Modric isnt doing right now. He rarely scored or assisted for us but im sure his stats would have been impressive in that list TT posted.

Seriously Cripps?

To be fair, I seem to remember Wenger being linked with Modric before Spuds picked him up (though can't seem to find source right now)...Modric at 26 is now looking the player he's been hyped to be - and I agree he has been a bit over-hyped...watching him now in the Euros and a few odd games for Spurs he looks like an excellent playmaker and probably hitting his peak right about now. If he moves to Real Madrid or Man U he will have a field day. Describing him as the 'poor man's Hleb' was pretty funny - there is not a player I dislike more (based on footballing ability) than Alexander Hleb - he drove me potty and I never want to see him near our club again.:censored:

Master Splinter
19-06-2012, 06:34 PM
The Moses bid was probably Di Matteo saying "Can I have one too, boss? Please."

Then they gave him the catalogue of the N-listers.

More likely though, it's Whelan making stuff up again.

Munchies
19-06-2012, 08:31 PM
He was probably their best player last season, and against us at the Emirates. I'd have to say £4 million is actually a good price for him though.

Kano
19-06-2012, 08:49 PM
Then they gave him the catalogue of the N-listers.

racist

AKBapologist
20-06-2012, 07:51 AM
Apparently we're in talks for Ben Afra, Chavs are sniffing around but the player believes he'd get more game time with us.

Flavs
20-06-2012, 07:54 AM
Apparently we're in talks for Ben Afra, Chavs are sniffing around but the player believes he'd get more game time with us.

Kano
20-06-2012, 08:08 AM

hot off the sports mole!

http://www.sportsmole.co.uk/football/newcastle-united/transfer-talk/news/chelsea-to-fight-arsenal-for-ben-arfa_31547.html

Flavs
20-06-2012, 09:06 AM
We're negotiating with another player who is at the Euro's eh. Seems highly unlikely, plus unless he has a stupid contract clause Newcastle would want 15-20mil and we arent going to do that

Marc Overmars
20-06-2012, 09:23 AM
Should have signed Ben Arfa years ago.

No chance we'll sign him now unless we pay something silly.

Flavs
20-06-2012, 09:26 AM
Just seen the original story is from L'equipe so forget it

Marc Overmars
20-06-2012, 09:29 AM
Dids has signed a 2 year deal with Shanghai.

Worth 9.5m. :wacko:

Flavs
20-06-2012, 09:35 AM

Isnt that about £400k a week???

Young Guns 11
20-06-2012, 09:51 AM

Thought it was a 2 and a half year contract?

Japan Shaking All Over
20-06-2012, 09:57 AM
Should have signed Ben Arfa years ago.

No chance we'll sign him now unless we pay something silly.

Werent we after him around the same time we plumped for Nasbo?

has proven himself in the PL but if its game rime he is after then he might as well stay up north

Cripps_orig
20-06-2012, 10:16 AM
Barcelona want a new defender and have Arsenal's Thomas Vermaelen, 26, Manchester City's Vincent Kompany, 26, and Chelsea's David Luiz, 25, on their hit-list if they are unable to sign their No.1 target, Athletic Bilbao's Javi Martinez, 23.
Full story: Daily Mirror

They can have Djourou

Master Splinter
20-06-2012, 11:15 AM
John Cross :bow:.

Marc Overmars
20-06-2012, 11:23 AM
West Ham sign Mohamed Diame.

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
20-06-2012, 11:26 AM
ben arfa has a shocking attitude and would piss off after 2 seasons of winning nothing here.

no thanks.

Master Splinter
Fat Sam is going to stock up on so much shit.

Crooknapp is jealous.

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
West Ham sign Mohamed Diame.

thats a shame, i was hoping he'd go liverpool and drag them further towards the relegation zone.

Shaqiri Is Boss
20-06-2012, 11:27 AM
No doubt West Ham have "beaten Liverpool to his signature".

Master Splinter
20-06-2012, 11:28 AM
Snubbed by Diame.

Liverpool :haha:.

Shaqiri Is Boss
20-06-2012, 11:34 AM
Could be worse, he could have accepted.

Flavs
20-06-2012, 11:45 AM
ben arfa has a shocking attitude and would piss off after 2 seasons of winning nothing here.

no thanks.
He sounds perfect for us

McNamara That Ghost...
20-06-2012, 11:48 AM
Ben Arfa and Diaby.

:popcorn:

Master Splinter
20-06-2012, 12:02 PM
Diaby's Bitch :lol:.

He's the French Quaresma. A streaky player. Not really something we need.

Japan Shaking All Over
20-06-2012, 12:12 PM

Streaky bacon Theo :bow:

Cripps_orig
20-06-2012, 12:28 PM
Ben Arfa :bow:

Better than anyone we have atm so Must Get

Scored the GOTS last season as well

Cripps_orig
20-06-2012, 08:25 PM
Marvin Martin has joined Lille for €10m

We can cross him off the list

hobson's choice
21-06-2012, 12:56 AM

Not even close, he's actually good.

Ralpheroo72
21-06-2012, 03:06 AM
Flamini released by AC Milan. Galliani said that talks around a 2 year deal had broken down, and they were now looking at alternatives. Story on Skysports. Looks like Milan will sign Aquilani.

fakeyank
21-06-2012, 07:28 AM
Flamini released by AC Milan. Galliani said that talks around a 2 year deal had broken down, and they were now looking at alternatives. Story on Skysports. Looks like Milan will sign Aquilani.

If we dont pay up for M'Villa, I dont think it'd be a bad idea to get him for free. If he wants higher wages after his bench time, he can obviously fuck off but I think he will be an able back up.

Niall_Quinn
21-06-2012, 10:46 AM
If we dont pay up for M'Villa, I dont think it'd be a bad idea to get him for free. If he wants higher wages after his bench time, he can obviously fuck off but I think he will be an able back up.

Offer him a position in the boot room cleaning shit up and if he does well at that we'll see where it goes.

Master Splinter
21-06-2012, 01:39 PM
We should sign Hargreaves and Flamini instead of M'Vila.

Value tbh.

Japan Shaking All Over
21-06-2012, 01:43 PM
We should sign Hargreaves and Flamini instead of M'Vila.

Value tbh.

we can fuse them together and then we will have Harmini.....OK OK :getcoat:

Marc Overmars
21-06-2012, 02:45 PM
Pogrebnyak off to Reading. :blink:

For some reason I always thought Fulham had signed him permanently.

Fist of Lehmann
21-06-2012, 03:24 PM
Pogrebnyak off to Reading. :blink:

For some reason I always thought Fulham had signed him permanently.Didn't want to sign for Fulham, Sky Sports understands. Why Reading though? Weird.

I always thought (and by always I mean since January) he looked like a bit of a brute, reminded me of the Russian out of Rocky IV.

GP
21-06-2012, 03:41 PM
It's because Reading is such a nice place to live

haha lol jk

McNamara That Ghost...
21-06-2012, 04:20 PM
Reading have a Russian owner now don't they?

Fist of Lehmann
21-06-2012, 04:41 PM
Reading have a Russian owner now don't they?Ah yeah, the guy married to that pants model.

Makes sense now.

McNamara That Ghost...
21-06-2012, 04:51 PM
Pants Model. :rose:

Former GW alumni.

Cripps_orig
21-06-2012, 06:42 PM
Seedorf available on a free.

Old but quality. Better than all of our CM options as well

And we are guaranteed to win the CL during his time here

Japan Shaking All Over
22-06-2012, 02:42 AM
Unless he thinks he's won it enough already. . .may not be worth the wage demands tbh

Kano
22-06-2012, 06:56 AM
almost there...

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11095/7834002/Giroud-deal-90-per-cent-complete

Flavs
22-06-2012, 08:51 AM
almost there...

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11095/7834002/Giroud-deal-90-per-cent-complete

So unless we have:

Already agreed deals to sell Bendtner, Park and Chamakh

or

Are going to start playing a true 4-4-2 again

then RvP is out of here

Unai Tea
22-06-2012, 09:07 AM
So unless we have:

Already agreed deals to sell Bendtner, Park and Chamakh

or

Are going to start playing a true 4-4-2 again

then RvP is out of here

Surely that's the small team mentality we're all hoping to move away from? Why can't we have three good strikers on our team? Especially when at least two of them are relatively flexible in terms of formation. Who's to say we can't tweak our formation from time to time depending on the opponent or player availability?

First it's 'we must have someone to ease the burden on RVP' and then as soon as we sign two high calibre players to ease the burden it's, 'well RVP is off then because there's now competition for places'. Odd.

Why don't we wait and see what develops? Surely the primary motivation for RVP is to win and more importantly, see Arsenal win or at the very least show the ambition, i.e. £££, that gives them the chance to win? How else are we to convince him that we are a club at least trying to move away from 7 trophy-less years by building on what was a team of promise last year?

And Bendtner is going, one way or the other. Same with Chamakh. Sell or loaned at the very worst. Park will be fighting North Korea soon I thought so he's out of the picture anyway.

Boss
22-06-2012, 09:09 AM
Andrei Arshavin should be deported according to Zenit St Petersburg owner Valery Golubev, after comments made by the Russia captain regarding their exit from Euro 2012.

There was outrage after Russia lost 1-0 to Greece, knocking them out of the competition, and Arshavin didn't help matters by stating that: "If you have had high expectations for our team here, then it's your problem, not ours."

Golubev asked reporters: "How can a citizen of Russia treat the honour of his country like that?

"He should be deported."

Russia started the tournament with a brilliant 4-1 drubbing of the Czech Republic on the opening day, and many had tipped the Russians to be quiet underdogs, but they threw away a 1-0 lead against Poland before losing to Greece.

However the 31-year-old was apologetic and realised they should have gone further in the tournament.

Arshavin told reporters: "The result has disappointed us and, of course, all our fans. We understand that.

"As team captain, on behalf of our players and myself personally, I would like to apologise for our performance and the result that we had.

"It's not right to shy away [from criticism]. That's why I took this moment to say something on this subject. I will do it only once and will not talk about this any further."

http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/3284/euro-2012/2012/06/21/3191760/arshavin-should-be-deported-says-zenit-st-petersburg-owner

Looks like we're stuck with Arshavin... :lol:

Flavs
22-06-2012, 09:34 AM
I would tbf

http://img834.imageshack.us/img834/5531/oliviergiroud2.jpg

Flavs
22-06-2012, 09:36 AM
Who's to say we can't tweak our formation from time to time depending on the opponent or player availability?

Arsene Wenger

Boss
22-06-2012, 09:38 AM
Sao Paulo loanee Denilson looks set to be heading back to Arsenal after the club president admitted they are unable to afford his transfer fee.

The 24-year-old midfielder joined the Brazilian club on a season-long loan last summer after failing to hold down a regular starting role under Arsene Wenger.
Now the Morumbi club president, Juvenal Juvencio, is keen on keeping the midfielder at the club for another season, albeit only on loan.

"Denilson won't stay," Juvencio told UOL. "Arsenal want €6million (£4.9million) for him, but we won't pay that so we expect him to leave soon.

"Of course we will try to get the loan deal extended for another year, but it won't be easy."

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11095/7834100/?

Not sure why we're trying to make a profit on a player that has done fuck all in his time here and has probably regressed. :doh:

Just flog him ffs.

Cripps_orig
22-06-2012, 09:46 AM
The last season he was here, he was pretty shit

Decent squad player before that tbh

Marc Overmars
22-06-2012, 09:51 AM
He'll be like a new signing, no need for M'Vila.

KSE Comedy Club
22-06-2012, 10:25 AM

Not sure why we're trying to make a profit on a player that has done fuck all in his time here and has probably regressed. :doh:

Just flog him ffs.

Its just a minor hitch.

He'll be sold this window, its just a bit of a mexican stand-off.

Coney
22-06-2012, 11:40 AM

Just flog him ffs.

A bit harsh. Surely a slap should be enough?

Özim
22-06-2012, 11:55 AM
4.9 million for Denilson.....really?

Looks like we're stuck with him, surely flogging him cheap and getting him off our payroll has got to be worthwhile.

Coney
22-06-2012, 12:00 PM
We'll have to wait until the haggling is over. If we were showing that we were thinking of selling him, I think we have to get rid of him one way or the other. Once a player knows you don't really want him you don't want him hanging around.

Özim
22-06-2012, 12:19 PM
We'll have to wait until the haggling is over. If we were showing that we were thinking of selling him, I think we have to get rid of him one way or the other. Once a player knows you don't really want him you don't want him hanging around.
Wasn't he the one that said he had to leave to win stuff though :lol:

Cripps_orig
22-06-2012, 12:21 PM
Wasn't he the one that said he had to leave to win stuff though :lol:Well hes right tbh.

Arsenal arent winning anything for a while

Özim
22-06-2012, 12:31 PM
Well hes right tbh.

Arsenal arent winning anything for a while
True but he won't be winning anything either as no top club with a chance of winning anything will touch him.

Coney
22-06-2012, 01:01 PM
Wasn't he the one that said he had to leave to win stuff though :lol:

Didn't know that. Well, fuck him then.

Japan Shaking All Over
22-06-2012, 01:28 PM
Story has us bidding for Czech RB Selassie

http://whatculture.com/sport/arsenal-transfer-news-wenger-makes-6-5-million-bid-for-czech-fullback.php

Cripps_orig
22-06-2012, 01:31 PM
Story has us bidding for Czech RB Selassie

http://whatculture.com/sport/arsenal-transfer-news-wenger-makes-6-5-million-bid-for-czech-fullback.phpHes joined Werder Bremen

Whatculture :pal:

Japan Shaking All Over
22-06-2012, 03:09 PM
Yup you're right

http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/news/czech-defender-gebre-selassie-joins-bremen-131056344--sow.html

Master Splinter
22-06-2012, 06:11 PM
whatculture :lol:.

It's no goal.com or tribalfootball.com tbh.

Niall_Quinn
22-06-2012, 06:28 PM
4.9 million for Denilson.....really?

Looks like we're stuck with him, surely flogging him cheap and getting him off our payroll has got to be worthwhile.

Our board is such a fucking bunch of cheapskates. Surely we can afford £4.9mill? That's nothing these days, we'd make it back on his wages in less then 2 years.

Bergkampwonderland10
22-06-2012, 06:53 PM
13millionGBP very well spent if you ask me ;) :mwah::loveblush:

I would tbf

Arsenal Royal
23-06-2012, 02:42 PM
I would tbf

:gp:

I just fell of my chair!

Niall_Quinn
23-06-2012, 04:33 PM
What's he doing appearing on the cover of a gay mag? Seems a bit gay to me.

Master Splinter
23-06-2012, 05:05 PM
He's no Arteta or Pires.

Yet.

Cripps_orig
23-06-2012, 05:16 PM
Arteta is an ugly fuck tbh

Boss
23-06-2012, 05:33 PM
http://sportwitness.ning.com/forum/topics/olivier-giroud-gives-the-arsenal-game-away-by-following-their-acc

:lol: :scarf:

McNamara That Ghost...
23-06-2012, 06:44 PM
If you want to act like dicks all the time, find another forum to do it on or at the very least keep it away from Arsenal debate.

Niall_Quinn
23-06-2012, 06:58 PM
If you want to act like dicks all the time, find another forum to do it on or at the very least keep it away from Arsenal debate.

That's better. Kinda hard to know where people stand when they silently censor stuff. But being open about it makes things a lot clearer for everyone. So I get you, unless you favour homosexuality then don't speak.

Boss
23-06-2012, 06:59 PM
Maccy :bow: :bow:

No nonsense defending right there.

GW's very own Puyol :bow: :bow:

Bergkampwonderland10
23-06-2012, 07:11 PM
If you could choose one goalkeeper to add to our ranks this summer with the departure of Almunia and probably Fabianski - who would you go for?
Man Utd, managed to get some good competition with Lindegaard and De Gea battling it out...think we need someone for Szez to improve.

My Top 3 choices in no particular order...
Vorm
Handanovic
Begovic

Cripps_orig
23-06-2012, 07:13 PM
Handanovic or Akinfeev

Bergkampwonderland10
23-06-2012, 07:15 PM
Handanovic or Akinfeev

How's Akinfeev done recently - heard good stuff about him a few seasons ago and then loss of form and haven't really followed since.

Niall_Quinn
23-06-2012, 07:19 PM
Don't we already have some kid who's meant to be half decent?

Cripps_orig
23-06-2012, 07:21 PM
How's Akinfeev done recently - heard good stuff about him a few seasons ago and then loss of form and haven't really followed since.

Hes been injured the past year :lol:

Perfect Arsenal player

He was in the Russian squad this summer but not fully fit

Cripps_orig

Who?

Bergkampwonderland10
Martinez? Not sure he's quite ready yet - one for the future though by all accounts - isn;t he Argentinian, 19 yrs old?

Cripps_orig
23-06-2012, 09:04 PM
Hopefully we can end this Mvila to Arsenal talk.

Hes shit

Özil's Panoramic View
23-06-2012, 09:07 PM
Hopefully we can end this Mvila to Arsenal talk.

Hes shit

judging by the Euro's, all our intl players including RVP are sh**. Hence, M'vila will be right @ home here

Cripps_orig
23-06-2012, 09:09 PM
judging by the Euro's, all our intl players including RVP are sh**. Hence, M'vila will be right @ home here

You make a good point

Welcome to Arsenal, Mvila. Its where shit feels at home

Munchies
23-06-2012, 09:21 PM
Man Utd, Man City to pounce as Arsenal's Van Persie spotted in Manchester (http://www.tribalfootball.com/articles/man-utd-man-city-pounce-arsenals-van-persie-spotted-manchester-3257501)

Marc Overmars
23-06-2012, 09:22 PM
Bye.

Cripps_orig
23-06-2012, 09:23 PM
:wave:

AKBapologist
23-06-2012, 09:29 PM
Watched m'vila, really comfortable on the ball, great range of passing, never got dispossed, sat deep and gave cover to center halves, stats similar to most Spanish players at 21 and most importantly of all Ach thinks he's shit.

Sign him up Arsene, must get.

Marc Overmars
23-06-2012, 09:32 PM
Ash. :bow:

Master Splinter
23-06-2012, 09:51 PM
Watched m'vila, really comfortable on the ball, great range of passing, never got dispossed, sat deep and gave cover to center halves, stats similar to most Spanish players at 21 and most importantly of all Ach thinks he's shit.

Sign him up Arsene, must get.

Agree with all that. He's completely calm and composed on the ball. His passing is effortless.

Actually, I don't agree with the HTC Tapatalk 2 nonsense.

AKBapologist
23-06-2012, 10:16 PM
Agree with all that. He's completely calm and composed on the ball. His passing is effortless.

Actually, I don't agree with the HTC Tapatalk 2 nonsense.

Yeah, I should really change that.

sent from a fone

fakeyank
24-06-2012, 01:26 AM
We really need to sort out if RVP is going to stay with us or not by end of this month. No point haggling till the end of the transfer window... AW has covered the striking options and if he left, I wouldnt be too disappointed. Ideally we can keep a hold of a world class talent like him but if he doesnt want to stay on when we look like rebuilding a team capable of challenging for trophies, he can leave!

Xhaka Can’t
24-06-2012, 01:48 AM
He is world class - but this is a real tough position for us - and him. While the past 18 months have been something else, he has overall been unreliable, enduring a string of injuries. This coupled with his age and the length of contract he is likely to want could present problems for us and for other teams. I would not be surprised if one of the major stumbling blocks affecting negotiations is the length of contract. I reckon he could be looking for something in the region of 4-5 years while the Club may be thinking of a 2 year extension -3 years tops.

I can't think of many other teams thinking beyond 3 years either. Clubs may have been persuaded to take the risk of a longer contract with the likelihood that he would not be producing the goods towards the latter end of it, but the chances of Clubs taking that risk will not have been enhanced with his performances in the European Championships.

While I think it is important for our preparations that the situation gets resolved now, I am relaxed whatever the outcome.

Ralpheroo72
24-06-2012, 03:14 AM
After watching that dire Spain v France game, the one thing that annoys me is, that we missed out on Xabi Alonso. He was immense, both defensively and offensively. He sits in front of the Central Defenders so well, would have been great for us, and our back 4.

Niall_Quinn
24-06-2012, 03:29 AM
He is world class - but this is a real tough position for us - and him. While the past 18 months have been something else, he has overall been unreliable, enduring a string of injuries. This coupled with his age and the length of contract he is likely to want could present problems for us and for other teams. I would not be surprised if one of the major stumbling blocks affecting negotiations is the length of contract. I reckon he could be looking for something in the region of 4-5 years while the Club may be thinking of a 2 year extension -3 years tops.

I can't think of many other teams thinking beyond 3 years either. Clubs may have been persuaded to take the risk of a longer contract with the likelihood that he would not be producing the goods towards the latter end of it, but the chances of Clubs taking that risk will not have been enhanced with his performances in the European Championships.

While I think it is important for our preparations that the situation gets resolved now, I am relaxed whatever the outcome.

This is why City are a horrible possibility, because they could be the only possibility. They'd sign him up for 4 years even if they only intended to keep him for one. What's it to them if they lose a fortune? How many times have they already done this with big signings? And forget FFP. That stunt they pulled sponsoring themselves could be rolled out year after year. I think you're right, normal teams would have to think hard before signing him but I don't think a comedy club like City would hesitate.

Niall_Quinn
24-06-2012, 03:31 AM
After watching that dire Spain v France game, the one thing that annoys me is, that we missed out on Xabi Alonso. He was immense, both defensively and offensively. He sits in front of the Central Defenders so well, would have been great for us, and our back 4.

Agreed, a massive loss and for the sake of £2mill if the stories are correct. Still, we'd have missed out on seeing Denilson play if Alonso had come here.

Marc Overmars
24-06-2012, 09:15 AM
Whatever happens with RVP, at least we're safe in the knowledge that we won't be scrapping around late in the window to sign replacments. As galling as it would be to lose yet another key player, arguably the most important player we've ever stood to lose, all we can do is go about our business regardless and hope it is enough to keep him.

We've obviously anticipated his departure by signing Podolski and now Giroud, so we're prepared this time at least.

I'm not really bothered anymore, I'm pretty sick of getting pent up about losing players every damn summer. Whilst I understand why RVP might want to leave, I also have no interest in players that don't see Arsenal as their future. Couple that with the fact we're a selling club as well, it just makes player departures inevitable.

Joker
24-06-2012, 09:58 AM
http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/3284/euro-2012/2012/06/23/3194924/wenger-perfect-van-persies-lack-of-goals-for-netherlands-is-down-

In mind of growing criticism from the Dutch media, Wenger has jumped to his Gunners captain’s defence, and blamed the striker's colleagues for not supplying the required ammunition throughout the campaign.

“Robin deserves more credit than he gets in Holland,” he told De Telegraaf.

“Robin van Persie was the best striker during the tournament. He’s much better than strikers from other countries and he’s also better than [Klaas-Jan] Huntelaar.

“You’ve got two types of strikers. You’ve got the ‘striker-striker’, who only plays in the box and waits for the ball. And you’ve got more footballing strikers, like Van Persie, and in the even more extreme Karim Benzema at France.

“Van Persie makes sure that a team plays football all the time. I’ve analysed his performances during the group phase. If you watch really closely, you will see that he made some brilliant technical actions and runs.

“On crucial moments he didn’t get the ball. That he couldn’t score at a few moments had to do with tiredness. But still he’s the most perfect striker.

“If you want to reach a really high level as a team, you must line up Van Persie. He’s an example for every striker. He’s an exceptional football player and more than just a striker.

“I understand that he wants to prove himself with the Oranje as he does at Arsenal. The Dutch fans ask me why he scores so much for Arsenal and not for Oranje. That has to do with everything around him."

:lol: Wenger doesn't half talk some utter crap. Most pundits and fans have said RVP had a shocker of a tournament, yet Wenger thinks he was the best striker, despite scoring one goal and stinking the place up. No wonder we don't win anything, when we have such a myopic manager who will defend his players to the hilt, and fail to see when they're underperforming. This explains why he persisted with turds like Eboue, Denilson, Squillaci, Chamakh, Diaby etc for so long. In his mind they're top quality players. While fans see Denilson being outplayed by midfielders from Sunderland, Wenger sees a top quality performance.

Then he comes up with those ridiculous Wengerisms like "striker-striker" to add to other gems like waiting period, wanting period, lacking a little bit sharpness etc etc.

Xhaka Can’t
24-06-2012, 10:03 AM
http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/3284/euro-2012/2012/06/23/3194924/wenger-perfect-van-persies-lack-of-goals-for-netherlands-is-down-

This explains why he persisted with turds like Eboue, Denilson, Squillaci, Chamakh, Diaby etc for so long.

But it doesn't explain why we persist with you.

Joker
24-06-2012, 10:13 AM
That's better. Kinda hard to know where people stand when they silently censor stuff. But being open about it makes things a lot clearer for everyone. So I get you, unless you favour homosexuality then don't speak.

It's not about "favouring" homosexuality, just respecting it to as not to make a fuss over someone posing for a gay magazine.

Niall_Quinn
24-06-2012, 10:17 AM

:lol: Wenger doesn't half talk some utter crap. Most pundits and fans have said RVP had a shocker of a tournament, yet Wenger thinks he was the best striker, despite scoring one goal and stinking the place up. No wonder we don't win anything, when we have such a myopic manager who will defend his players to the hilt, and fail to see when they're underperforming. This explains why he persisted with turds like Eboue, Denilson, Squillaci, Chamakh, Diaby etc for so long. In his mind they're top quality players. While fans see Denilson being outplayed by midfielders from Sunderland, Wenger sees a top quality performance.

Then he comes up with those ridiculous Wengerisms like "striker-striker" to add to other gems like waiting period, wanting period, lacking a little bit sharpness etc etc.

Whilst its true football pundits (like the devilishly insightful Alan Shearer) have a far better understanding and knowledge of the game than a peripheral figure like Wenger, there will be those who ignore tossers who sequence sound bites between drinks and the bitter little cocks who would say anything just because they made themselves look like a **** in front of strangers on an Internet forum... And instead listen to a manager with decades of experience under his belt.

Joker
24-06-2012, 10:19 AM
Whilst its true football pundits (like the devilishly insightful Alan Shearer) have a far better understanding and knowledge of the game than a peripheral figure like Wenger, there will be those who ignore tossers who sequence sound bites between drinks and the bitter little cocks who would say anything just because they made themselves look like a **** in front of strangers on an Internet forum... And instead listen to a manager with decades of experience under his belt.

So what he's got decades of experience under his belt? It doesn't mean everything he says is true (as we've found out to our cost). So you really think RVP was the best striker in the Euros then?

Niall_Quinn
24-06-2012, 10:30 AM
So what he's got decades of experience under his belt? It doesn't mean everything he says is true (as we've found out to our cost). So you really think RVP was the best striker in the Euros then?

Yes, van Persie is the best striker there by a distance, but he didn't have a great tournament by his standards. The fact Wenger is sticking up for him when RvP has had to be silent by agreement is a good thing, especially with him having to listen to noisy ****s like Huntelar who talked the talked until he bored everyone to death and then fell on his arse when he tried to walk. What you're seeing here is RvP respecting us by keeping his mouth shut as agreed and Wenger defending our club and the players as he always does because he loves the fuck out of the club. Unlike other ****s I could mention who can't wait to stick the knife in at every opportunity.

Cripps_orig
24-06-2012, 10:31 AM
Wenger blaming other for RVPs shitness :lol:

RVP had the service in the Denmark and he had plenty of chances then and he fucked up.

Who do you blame for that, Wenger?

Joker
24-06-2012, 10:36 AM
Yes, van Persie is the best striker there by a distance, but he didn't have a great tournament by his standards. The fact Wenger is sticking up for him when RvP has had to be silent by agreement is a good thing, especially with him having to listen to noisy ****s like Huntelar who talked the talked until he bored everyone to death and then fell on his arse when he tried to walk. What you're seeing here is RvP respecting us by keeping his mouth shut as agreed and Wenger defending our club and the players as he always does because he loves the fuck out of the club. Unlike other ****s I could mention who can't wait to stick the knife in at every opportunity.

Wenger said, "“Robin van Persie was the best striker during the tournament." which suggests he's talking about performances during the tournament itself, rather than talking generally. Even you've admitted that he didn't have a great tournament, ergo my original point that Wenger is talking crap stands.

Bergkampwonderland10
24-06-2012, 10:53 AM
During the qualifying round - think Van Persie, Gomez and Lewandowski definitely stood out...whilst the other two got service from their team-mates...Van Persie got none unfortunately. I see what Wenger was trying to say - Van Persie did play very well- didn't do too much wrong (a couple of wayward shots apart) but there was hardly anyone playing the ball through to him that often.

Anyways from one striker to the next...loved this quote today...after Giroud posed for Gay Magazine tetu...
"‎"I would be delighted if my gesture can help change the mentality of some people involved in football." Olivier Giroud.
It's been long awaited for a footballer to speak out against homophobic fans.

Power n Glory
24-06-2012, 10:55 AM
Just as silly as the Theo and Messi comparison. Wenger isn't helping his players when he makes such statements. RVP is probably a little embarrassed by this statement because he himself knows he hasn't played well. This stupid statement just draws more attention to his bad performance and puts the spotlight firmly on RVP. He doesn't want to hear this shit.

Bergkampwonderland10
24-06-2012, 11:01 AM
Let's all be friends again :)

Power n Glory
24-06-2012, 11:02 AM
There is a perfectly good discussion to be bad here about RVP, the best striker in the Euros, what makes a good striker and whether Wenger is right or wrong but you're on some bitching contest. Just keep it about football. Jeez!

Xhaka Can’t
24-06-2012, 11:05 AM
Of the strikers at the tournament, he is in the top 3. But he wasn't the top striker in it - not by a margin.

Does that make sense?

Xhaka Can’t
24-06-2012, 11:11 AM
PnG has a point.

Cripps_orig
24-06-2012, 11:12 AM
During the qualifying round - think Van Persie, Gomez and Lewandowski definitely stood out...whilst the other two got service from their team-mates...Van Persie got none unfortunately. I see what Wenger was trying to say - Van Persie did play very well- didn't do too much wrong (a couple of wayward shots apart) but there was hardly anyone playing the ball through to him that often.

Anyways from one striker to the next...loved this quote today...after Giroud posed for Gay Magazine tetu...
"‎"I would be delighted if my gesture can help change the mentality of some people involved in football." Olivier Giroud.

He got the service v Denmark..

That was the match which really started their downfall

4-3-3
24-06-2012, 11:13 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X5DVox8gyMo&feature=youtu.be

wenger need to sort out defending , it cant be worse.

Boss
24-06-2012, 11:17 AM
A lack of service is not a criticism you could level at the Dutch in the Euros to be fair, Van Persie had at least one obvious goalscoring chance every game that you would have expected him to put away but for whatever reason didn't. And like the rest he was quite horrific against the Danes.

That said, as long as he's decent for us it doesn't really matter as all our players (and ex-players) have been fairly garbage at the Euros.

Power n Glory
24-06-2012, 11:17 AM
It's been a very poor Euros to be fair and there haven't been many great performances. But as far as strikers, would it be fair to put Cesc and Ronaldo in the frame that Wenger describes in regards to unconventional strikers? They've been way better than RVP in this tournement.

Cripps_orig
24-06-2012, 11:18 AM
It's been a very poor Euros to be fair and there haven't been many great performances. But as far as strikers, would it be fair to put Cesc and Ronaldo in the frame that Wenger describes in regards to unconventional strikers? They've been way better than RVP in this tournement.Its been a great Euros :blink:

Power n Glory
24-06-2012, 11:23 AM
Its been a great Euros :blink:

It's been a mixed bag. Maybe poor is harsh, but there have been some snooze fests and poor performances from top teams. The Dutch, England, Spain, France even Russia...disappointing football.

McNamara That Ghost...
Please stop being idiots.

Niall_Quinn

____ ___ ____ ____ _____ __ __ _ ___ ______ ____

My criticism isn't of GW or the mods here, it's criticism of people who believe in freedom, liberty and justice for all those who agree with them.

Joker
24-06-2012, 11:25 AM
A lack of service is not a criticism you could level at the Dutch in the Euros to be fair, Van Persie had at least one obvious goalscoring chance every game that you would have expected him to put away but for whatever reason didn't. And like the rest he was quite horrific against the Danes.

That said, as long as he's decent for us it doesn't really matter as all our players (and ex-players) have been fairly garbage at the Euros.

Yes he did have a number of chances against Denmark, and in the first half against Germany had an extremely clear cut opening early on. In the Portugal match he was playing deeper but even then had a fine chance when put through on goal by Sneijder near the end of the match. In International football you're not going to get the amount of openings you get against mediocre teams in the Premiership. The sign of a top striker is being able to deliver when it matters, and to be efficient in front of goal. Gomez has shown that in this tournament, by converting a high percentage of his chances.

And the excuse about "tiredness" is a bit of nonsense as well. I know RVP had to play most of the games this season because of a lack of squad depth, but players like Ronaldo, Gomez, etc also played full seasons and they don't seem that tired.

Niall_Quinn
24-06-2012, 11:28 AM
Wenger said, "“Robin van Persie was the best striker during the tournament." which suggests he's talking about performances during the tournament itself, rather than talking generally. Even you've admitted that he didn't have a great tournament, ergo my original point that Wenger is talking crap stands.

That's his opinion. You can disagree with it by all means, but what you;re actually doing is finding a way to carry on your season long campaign against both Wenger and RvP. It's ridiculous and you are 100% transparent.

Power n Glory
24-06-2012, 11:28 AM
Ronaldo is a beast. A long season, a ton of goals and still running the show for Portugal. No signs of fatigue at all. He needs to be drug tested. :lol:

Cripps_orig
24-06-2012, 11:30 AM
Ronaldo is a beast. A long season, a ton of goals and still running the show for Portugal. No signs of fatigue at all. He needs to be drug tested. :lol:That would be Messi tbh

Hes the one who has a history of taking performance enhancing medication

Niall_Quinn
24-06-2012, 11:32 AM
Just as silly as the Theo and Messi comparison. Wenger isn't helping his players when he makes such statements. RVP is probably a little embarrassed by this statement because he himself knows he hasn't played well. This stupid statement just draws more attention to his bad performance and puts the spotlight firmly on RVP. He doesn't want to hear this shit.

RvP has agreed not to talk and he's stuck to his word. Can you imagine the bitching and recriminations going on behind the scenes in Dutch football? Plenty of snakes to stick the knife in and it's twice as bad when you're gagged although I think RvP will come out of this looking a lot better than the silly whiners who can sure talk but didn't deliver on the pitch. You might be right, it might not be the best move for Wenger to try and fight RvPs battles for him, but considering RvP has his hands tied behind his back maybe Wenger just feels somebody had to do it. Personally I'm pleased to see our manager sticking up for our players, particularly our captain and the best player we had last season.

Power n Glory
24-06-2012, 11:32 AM
That's his opinion. You can disagree with it by all means, but what you;re actually doing is finding a way to carry on your season long campaign against both Wenger and RvP. It's ridiculous and you are 100% transparent.

Even so, but you know what Wenger said is bullshit about him being the best striker. Look at Cesc. He's not a strikers striker, as Wenger defines, but he's been far better and more clinical than RVP, but that goes unrecognised because he's not being judged as a striker even though that's the role he's playing. Wenger is being a little tricky with his definition of a striker here to make RVP look better.

Niall_Quinn
24-06-2012, 11:37 AM
It's been a mixed bag. Maybe poor is harsh, but there have been some snooze fests and poor performances from top teams. The Dutch, England, Spain, France even Russia...disappointing football.

The negativity of the teams is horrible. I liked Croatia, good attitude and shame they went out against a surprisingly negative Spanish team. Somebody was saying earlier the players aren't as good as they used to be. I think it's the managers at fault and their win at the cost of the game itself mentality. Which in turn could be the fault of the overbearing expectations from the media hacks and sponsors and corporations and all the other hangers-on. Is winning about the glory of lifting a trophy or the joy of getting the best sponsorship deals? This tournament will be remembered more for the negative football unless things change dramatically in the final few games.

Xhaka Can’t
24-06-2012, 11:37 AM
Its been a great Euros :blink:

It has been much better than the last couple of WCs, but it has been far from great, yet better than very poor.

AKBapologist
24-06-2012, 11:38 AM
Even so, but you know what Wenger said is bullshit about him being the best striker. Look at Cesc. He's not a strikers striker, as Wenger defines, but he's been far better and more clinical than RVP, but that goes unrecognised because he's not being judged as a striker even though that's the role he's playing. Wenger is being a little tricky with his definition of a striker here to make RVP look better.

What Wenger said is clearly bullshit. A 5 year old could figure not only that it was exactly that, but why he said it.

Would you expect him to shit on his captain in public?

And why can't I treat posters on here with the same mindless contempt they show to Wenger? I mean, if that's what passes for opinion and free speech on here.

sent from a fone

Niall_Quinn
24-06-2012, 11:39 AM

I think you're arguing this with genuine intent whereas others aren't being as honest, so there's a disconnect.

Power n Glory
24-06-2012, 11:47 AM
RvP has agreed not to talk and he's stuck to his word. Can you imagine the bitching and recriminations going on behind the scenes in Dutch football? Plenty of snakes to stick the knife in and it's twice as bad when you're gagged although I think RvP will come out of this looking a lot better than the silly whiners who can sure talk but didn't deliver on the pitch. You might be right, it might not be the best move for Wenger to try and fight RvPs battles for him, but considering RvP has his hands tied behind his back maybe Wenger just feels somebody had to do it. Personally I'm pleased to see our manager sticking up for our players, particularly our captain and the best player we had last season.

All players have bad tournaments and most players just deal with the media criticism and let their football do the taking next season. Has Wenger launched a massive defence for Theo after heavy criticism or when he was dropped for England? Chesney had a howler of a tournament, would it be wise for Wenger to defend him? No. Do it in private and let the shit storm blow over withouth drawing more attention to it with silly comparisons. I can understand defending a player, but don't say something stupid about him being the best striker. Would have made more sense to just say the criticism is harsh and it's a team effort. All the players and coach need to analyse what went wrong. That would make more sense.

Marc Overmars
24-06-2012, 12:30 PM
RVP is widely regarded as a national failure.

He should do the right thing and retire from international football and commit to a cause that really appreciates him.

Us.

Özim
24-06-2012, 12:46 PM
Think the Euro's has been great myself with Portugal and Germany being the stand out teams for me, both have terrific attacks.

Özim
24-06-2012, 12:48 PM
The negativity of the teams is horrible. I liked Croatia, good attitude and shame they went out against a surprisingly negative Spanish team. Somebody was saying earlier the players aren't as good as they used to be. I think it's the managers at fault and their win at the cost of the game itself mentality. Which in turn could be the fault of the overbearing expectations from the media hacks and sponsors and corporations and all the other hangers-on. Is winning about the glory of lifting a trophy or the joy of getting the best sponsorship deals? This tournament will be remembered more for the negative football unless things change dramatically in the final few games.
You liked Croatia, a team that barely got out of their own half against Spain?

Funny how you didn't see them as negative when they barely created a chance all match. Croatia were OK before that but against Spain they were inadequate and that has nothing to do with Spain being poor.

Özim
24-06-2012, 12:49 PM
All players have bad tournaments and most players just deal with the media criticism and let their football do the taking next season. Has Wenger launched a massive defence for Theo after heavy criticism or when he was dropped for England? Chesney had a howler of a tournament, would it be wise for Wenger to defend him? No. Do it in private and let the shit storm blow over withouth drawing more attention to it with silly comparisons. I can understand defending a player, but don't say something stupid about him being the best striker. Would have made more sense to just say the criticism is harsh and it's a team effort. All the players and coach need to analyse what went wrong. That would make more sense.
Wenger is known for making a complete fool out of himself in the press to be honest, some of his comments over the years are totally laughable and it's embarrassing that a man who is supposedly as intelligent as he is comes out with stuff like this.

There's not a lot of manager's out there that come out with the sheer amount of nonsense he does, he doesn't even seem to know which players are coming and going most of the time, last season he made the comment about how we can't be considered a big club if we sell two of our best players......low and behold we did and he was made to look like a tool, at the same time some still defended him.

AKBapologist
24-06-2012, 01:22 PM
Where as when SAF says Ashley Young doesn't dive, we still get a parade of twits on here who think his farts smell of roses.

Managers are known to publicly defend there players, get over it.

sent from a fone

mastermind84
24-06-2012, 02:12 PM

This story was BS. ARsenal were never in for Xabi Alons to the depth everyone has decided to believe.

mastermind84
24-06-2012, 02:17 PM
It's been a very poor Euros to be fair and there haven't been many great performances. But as far as strikers, would it be fair to put Cesc and Ronaldo in the frame that Wenger describes in regards to unconventional strikers? They've been way better than RVP in this tournement.
I agree, this tournament has been terrible bar a couple of matches. People are lowering their standards of what makes a good tournament just like they are lowering their standards of what makes a world class player.

Özim
24-06-2012, 03:18 PM
I agree, this tournament has been terrible bar a couple of matches. People are lowering their standards of what makes a good tournament just like they are lowering their standards of what makes a world class player.
I disagree, the 2010 World Cup was sh*t, but these Euros have been enjoyable. You can only rate something by how much you've enjoyed it and I've enjoyed it a lot.

Letters
24-06-2012, 03:33 PM
I've thoroughly enjoyed it

Bergkampwonderland10
24-06-2012, 03:49 PM
I don't understand. Am I missing something?
____ ___ ____ ____ _____ __ __ _ ___ ______ ____

My criticism isn't of GW or the mods here, it's criticism of people who believe in freedom, liberty and justice for all those who agree with them.

Xhaka Can’t
24-06-2012, 04:44 PM
Wenger is known for making a complete fool out of himself in the press to be honest, some of his comments over the years are totally laughable and it's embarrassing that a man who is supposedly as intelligent as he is comes out with stuff like this.

There's not a lot of manager's out there that come out with the sheer amount of nonsense he does, he doesn't even seem to know which players are coming and going most of the time, last season he made the comment about how we can't be considered a big club if we sell two of our best players......low and behold we did and he was made to look like a tool, at the same time some still defended him.

All the managers come out with shit - it seems to be in the job description. "We're Stoke, we don't complain", "He was wearing a leather jacket", Disabled people deserve it because they did something in a past life", Alex Ferguson whinging about how hard done by United are....it goes on. Pick a Manager, they've said stupid things - often they have to.

But Wenger is French and he says things with a funny accent in one of the six languages he can speak. So that must make him stupid.

Özim
24-06-2012, 05:00 PM
All the managers come out with shit - it seems to be in the job description. "We're Stoke, we don't complain", "He was wearing a leather jacket", Disabled people deserve it because they did something in a past life", Alex Ferguson whinging about how hard done by United are....it goes on. Pick a Manager, they've said stupid things - often they have to.

But Wenger is French and he says things with a funny accent in one of the six languages he can speak. So that must make him stupid.
They don't spout as much nonsense a him sorry, he takes it to the extreme and comes out with some really daft ideas.

So he's French so what, his nationality has nothing to do with it, it's the fact he makes a fool of himself most of the time that's the problem. Speaking six languages doesn't make any difference, it doesn't change the fact he spouts nonsense consistently.

If you want to bring up the languages though, he speaks 3 fluently, English (because he's been here for years), French (because he is French) and German (because he was brought up in Alsace where they speak German as well as French).

He learnt some Japanese whilst in Japan naturally and knows a little Spanish and Italian though isn't fluent in those.

Niall_Quinn
24-06-2012, 05:41 PM
Fair cop. Wenger is stupid and he's not fluent in six languages (the ignoramus only speaks three well and merely gets by in three more) The press thinks he's a **** and he says more stupid things than all the other managers combined. He's an idiot for defending his player, he doesn't know as much about footie as the pundits, he's a bumbling idiot and RvP is a shit striker.

Apart from the last bit there's a whole thread devoted to these pearls. RvP stuff can be directed to Joker's pretender thread. We just need an "Arsenal are shit and we hate them" thread and everything is covered.

Ollie the Optimist
24-06-2012, 05:55 PM
Fair cop. Wenger is stupid and he's not fluent in six languages (the ignoramus only speaks three well and merely gets by in three more)

:haha:

Xhaka Can’t
24-06-2012, 06:01 PM
They don't spout as much nonsense a him sorry, he takes it to the extreme and comes out with some really daft ideas.

So he's French so what, his nationality has nothing to do with it, it's the fact he makes a fool of himself most of the time that's the problem. Speaking six languages doesn't make any difference, it doesn't change the fact he spouts nonsense consistently.

If you want to bring up the languages though, he speaks 3 fluently, English (because he's been here for years), French (because he is French) and German (because he was brought up in Alsace where they speak German as well as French).

He learnt some Japanese whilst in Japan naturally and knows a little Spanish and Italian though isn't fluent in those.

:haha: You only think he comes out with more shit because he has a higher profile than 95% of other managers and you follow the team (allegedly).

Yeah, he is a stupid fucker - £6m a year, a load of trophies (I'll save you the bother of stating when they were won) a driving force behind a new stadium and a guy who contributed greatly to the way just about all teams in the EPL care for and train their players.

Özim
24-06-2012, 06:07 PM
Fair cop. Wenger is stupid and he's not fluent in six languages (the ignoramus only speaks three well and merely gets by in three more) The press thinks he's a **** and he says more stupid things than all the other managers combined. He's an idiot for defending his player, he doesn't know as much about footie as the pundits, he's a bumbling idiot and RvP is a shit striker.

Apart from the last bit there's a whole thread devoted to these pearls. RvP stuff can be directed to Joker's pretender thread. We just need an "Arsenal are shit and we hate them" thread and everything is covered.
I didn't bring up the language thing, but the fact is the three he's fluent in are due to living in places where these are used, if you live somewhere for a long time and can't learn the language then you're a bit of a plank to be honest.

As for the stupid comments well yeah, yes he does...from the more points for goals, to the waiting period sh*t, the the super super quality nonsense (when he clearly doesn't sign players of super super quality all the time), to not wanting to kill the young players, to the great spirit and togetherness sh*t (when his players are actually fighting and can't wait to leave) and of course the best group of players I've ever had cr*p...I can't think of another manager that comes out with som many stupid comments....let's not forget he doesn't even learn from his mistakes....I've lost count the amount of times he's said certain players were definitely not leaving only for them to leave a month or two later.

IMO he's very very overrated and a man living on past glories....the fact he can't reproduce success says all it needs to.