PDA

View Full Version : Super Super Quality Transfer Speculation & Shit

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29

GP
06-08-2012, 08:12 AM
Where has Rondon gone?

Rubin Kazan

I_Killed_Kenny
06-08-2012, 08:15 AM
so if reports that had said we arent finished shopping at malaga were correct then that only leave isco (dont know much about him but names been mentioned) and toulalan i would say

Flavs
06-08-2012, 08:31 AM
Rubin Kazan

Why?

GP
06-08-2012, 08:33 AM
Why?

He likes the local bakery?

:shrug:

Flavs
06-08-2012, 08:36 AM
Fair play then yopu just cant beat a pain au chocolat on the AM

dazthegooner
06-08-2012, 09:14 AM
Why?

Probably pay more than even Citey!

Seymour Butts
06-08-2012, 10:33 AM
http://www.ibtimes.com/sportsnet/soccer/arsenal-transfer-news-latest-nuri-sahin-santi_673.htm

Master Splinter
07-08-2012, 02:12 AM
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/19075878

So West Ham end their interest in Carroll.

Liverpool :haha:.

GP
07-08-2012, 08:01 AM
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/19075878

So West Ham end their interest in Carroll.

Liverpool :haha:.

Newcastle retain an active interest in Carroll but will not pay over the odds for the man they sold for £35m in 2011

That's actually hilarious.

McNamara That Ghost...
07-08-2012, 08:04 AM
And by not pay over the odds they mean £1 million is their limit.

LDG
07-08-2012, 08:42 AM
Have we not signed anyone yet? :angry:

Also.

Have we not sold anyone yet? :angry:

dazthegooner
07-08-2012, 10:51 AM
Yes :good:

No :(

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
07-08-2012, 06:50 PM
rumours circulating that llorente has told bilbao he wants to leave.

i have this horrible feeling he'll end up at spurs.

McNamara That Ghost...
07-08-2012, 06:52 PM
FL week. :pray:

Levy is worse for trying to haggle prices than us, it'd take most of the month for the Spuds to get him.

Marc Overmars
07-08-2012, 07:11 PM
rumours circulating that llorente has told bilbao he wants to leave.

i have this horrible feeling he'll end up at spurs.

We need to sell RVP quickly so we can get Llorente in.

Make it happen, Ivan.

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
07-08-2012, 07:30 PM
We need to sell RVP quickly so we can get Llorente in.

Make it happen, Ivan.

you know what now cazorla has come maybe it isn't such a bad idea? i mean rvp has 2 more seasons in him max. or he might get injured. why not sell him for £15m, invest in a younger, fresher alternative like llorente.

signing a player like cazorla really has changed the whole perspective. we rely less on 1 man now.

----------arteta-----song----------

theo------- cazorla --------podolski

------------- llorente-------------

subs: giroud, ox, gervinho, jack still to come back

:wacko:

McNamara That Ghost...
07-08-2012, 07:32 PM
The only problem dealing with Bilbao is I can't help but feel you'd have to heavily compensate them, given their Basque only policy. It'd be awesome if he came though.

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
07-08-2012, 07:34 PM
yeah i mean im not saying we should deffo go down that route, but if we sold rvp, id give less of a fuck now tbh.

McNamara That Ghost...
07-08-2012, 07:35 PM
Me too. It'd run and run though, for any club trying to get him but then Giroud and Poldi would be enough for the first weeks of the season - Tottenham barely have anyone.

KSE Comedy Club
07-08-2012, 07:38 PM
Current rumour is that we've agreed a fee with FC twenty for Robert Rosales.

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
07-08-2012, 07:40 PM
@maccy

more than enough tbh. if rvp leaves then giroud is number 1 with podolski number 2. cazorla in behind as the creative AM.

if rvp stays then podolski plays mainly on the wing, giroud has to fight for his place and cazorla plays in the creative AM role.

thats a pretty good attack either way.

dont think ive been this happy about our club for a number of years. been smiling all day.

watch how theo announces he's leaving to put a downer on things.

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
07-08-2012, 07:41 PM
although we need some defensive signings.

McNamara That Ghost...
07-08-2012, 07:49 PM
@maccy

more than enough tbh. if rvp leaves then giroud is number 1 with podolski number 2. cazorla in behind as the creative AM.

if rvp stays then podolski plays mainly on the wing, giroud has to fight for his place and cazorla plays in the creative AM role.

thats a pretty good attack either way.

dont think ive been this happy about our club for a number of years. been smiling all day.

watch how theo announces he's leaving to put a downer on things.

Yeah, I agree.

GP
07-08-2012, 07:52 PM
Sunderland have bid £12m for Fletcher from Wolves :lol:

They can have Bendtner for that.

Master Splinter
07-08-2012, 08:08 PM
I can't see us buying Giroud AND Llorente. Wenger has also said Podolski would be playing centrally. Although it could have been WUMger controlling him. If we go all-out attack though with loads of strikers, I'm all for it.

If we do sign another striker, it'll probably be a young, cheaper option who could play across the front three.

Marc Overmars
07-08-2012, 09:49 PM
Any half decent back up striker would be fine, as it would increase the likelihood of never seeing Chakma take the field for us again.

Kyle?
07-08-2012, 10:07 PM
Any half decent back up striker would be fine, as it would increase the likelihood of never seeing Chakma take the field for us again.

Are we still in for Niang?

Cripps_orig
08-08-2012, 12:45 AM
Arsenal are considering a move for Celtic's South Korean midfielder Ki Sung-yeung after the 23-year-old impressed the club's scouts.
Full story: Daily Mail

Arsenal's talks over signing Nuri Sahin on loan from Real Madrid have stalled, with Liverpool, Tottenham and Manchester United said to be looking at the 23-year-old midfielder.
Full story: Metro

Hope hes as good as our other South Korean tbh

Once again, taking ages to get a player has cost us the player by the looks of it

Cripps_orig
08-08-2012, 12:54 AM
MANCHESTER CITY and Arsenal are both eyeing Senegal’s Olympics star Cheikhou Kouyate.

The midfielder, 22, also had a superb season at Anderlecht.Must get

Japan Shaking All Over
08-08-2012, 12:56 AM
Are we still in for Niang?

We would like to think we are but AC have entered the picture Wenger was trying to load the deal with add ons and AC are more willing to pay up front but this could be a late deal as we are obviously interested and he knows it.

With regards to RvP the guy wanted out and cited our lack of ambition as the reason, if someone stumps up 15-20 mil even UTD I say take it especially if we look to use the money on Llorente. If that be the case I would cate who he joined, our attack would be quality.

The only risk we maybe taking is loading the sqiad with non PL experience, although their qiality should make it less of a problem than the likes of Chamakh and Gervs have shown.

I would splaff the wall if we lined up the way one poster wrote a few posts back but having RvP leading the line aint so baf either. . .

Japan Shaking All Over
08-08-2012, 01:03 AM
Must get

Dont know anythimg about this guy

Cripps_orig
08-08-2012, 01:03 AM
Dont know anythimg about this guy

Perfect Wenger signing then

Japan Shaking All Over
08-08-2012, 01:09 AM
Perfect Wenger signing then

Ahhh I see, bring him in, with just enough time to say goodbye before he heads off to ANC

I_Killed_Kenny
08-08-2012, 06:45 AM
Lyon LB ally sissokho is up for grabs it seems. We shud definately go in for him. And whatever happened to milo?

4-3-3
08-08-2012, 10:28 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CWeeJ4R6YU8
he is not that bad - must get

I_Killed_Kenny
08-08-2012, 05:05 PM
Sky sports say matias suarez move to cska broke down, replacement for rvp?

AKBapologist
08-08-2012, 07:47 PM
Theo walcott is apparently very happy at arsenal and will extend his contract.

If so :bow: -

ghel policy > project youth

Shaqiri Is Boss
08-08-2012, 08:06 PM
I guess he was a little disappointed we were the only ones interested.

Still, Adam Johnson is better than nothing I guess...

McNamara That Ghost...
08-08-2012, 08:13 PM
My analysis team. :bow:

AKBapologist
08-08-2012, 09:45 PM
Still, Adam Johnson is better than nothing I guess...
When did that happen? Link?

AKBapologist
08-08-2012, 09:48 PM
“@barcastuff Vilanova "Song rumours? As coach I prefer not to talk aboutt players of other clubs, that'd be a lack of respect"

Shaqiri Is Boss
08-08-2012, 09:57 PM
When did that happen? Link?
Not yet. If ever. There is mean to be tentative interest, possibly only a loan, and seeing as we have no one else then who knows... they can sod off if they try to use him to get Agger though.

Then again, I'm still waiting for the Nathan Dyer links....

Kano
08-08-2012, 10:08 PM
Not yet. If ever. There is mean to be tentative interest, possibly only a loan, and seeing as we have no one else then who knows... they can sod off if they try to use him to get Agger though.

Then again, I'm still waiting for the Nathan Dyer links....
could be a good move it it happens but still quite a gamble - you lose nothing if its a loan but at a time when you need more certainties to bolster the team, you have to hope he wouldn't be the only wide player to join you

AKBapologist
08-08-2012, 10:26 PM
I rate Adam Johnson tbh. Massive step up from no goals/no assists downing tbh, and probably better than walcott in the wide role tbh.

Kano
08-08-2012, 10:33 PM
johnson is still just potential rather than someone that has proven he can deliver across a season. i think he looks like a very good player but there are still quite a few questions to be answered.

it looks like walcott has stepped up to the plate, which will be confirmed either way this season.

Asthmatic Kitty
08-08-2012, 11:36 PM
lucas moura signs for PSG.

Man U :haha:

Japan Shaking All Over
09-08-2012, 12:24 AM
“@barcastuff Vilanova "Song rumours? As coach I prefer not to talk aboutt players of other clubs, that'd be a lack of respect"

In my experience, at Barca its not the coach's comments that other clubs have to worry, its eveey other Tom Dick and Harry associated with cesspool of a club

Japan Shaking All Over
09-08-2012, 12:26 AM
lucas moura signs for PSG.

Man U :haha:

Taking bets on PSG to be the next on to do a Malaga

Master Splinter
09-08-2012, 03:25 AM
Taking bets on PSG to be the next on to do a Malaga

Lavezzi to Arsenal next season :pray:.

GP
09-08-2012, 07:57 AM
In my experience, at Barca its not the coach's comments that other clubs have to worry, its eveey other Tom Dick and Harry associated with cesspool of a club

Yep, just wish Real/Barca would piss off.

bignev
09-08-2012, 08:57 AM
johnson is still just potential rather than someone that has proven he can deliver across a season. i think he looks like a very good player but there are still quite a few questions to be answered.

it looks like walcott has stepped up to the plate, which will be confirmed either way this season.

Johnson doesn't get much game time at City but he always seems to score or get an assist when he does get onto the pitch.

I would love him at Arsenal.

LDG
09-08-2012, 09:05 AM
Adam Johnson :haha:

No thanks.

Kano
09-08-2012, 09:09 AM
Johnson doesn't get much game time at City but he always seems to score or get an assist when he does get onto the pitch.

I would love him at Arsenal.

very little pressure as a sub. starting every week in the premier is a different kettle of fish.

Joker
09-08-2012, 09:59 AM
Theo walcott is apparently very happy at arsenal and will extend his contract.

If so :bow: -

ghel policy > project youth

Hope Arseblog eats humble pie having insinuated all summer that Walcott wanted to leave for money, or that he was fearful of losing his place to AOC which is why he wanted out.

Cripps_orig
09-08-2012, 10:03 AM
Johnson :lol:

No point getting him. We just let Vela go.

He was our +1 dude

KSE Comedy Club
09-08-2012, 10:50 AM
Hope Arseblog eats humble pie having insinuated all summer that Walcott wanted to leave for money, or that he was fearful of losing his place to AOC which is why he wanted out.

He hasnt insinuated that at all.

He has repeatedly said that Walcott may be thinking of leaving because he now has decent competition for his spot in AOC and that its a bit of a pisstake in him holding us to ransom over contract negotiations - which it is.

Kano
09-08-2012, 11:09 AM

yes because thats the important thing isn't it. that an internet blog about arsenal admits something publicly. if not, it could stop theo from signing. he may have read it and stuff.

Cripps_orig
09-08-2012, 11:10 AM
Arseblog is shit tbh

The GW blog was much better

bignev
09-08-2012, 01:12 PM

Can you stop with the constant Arseblog insults?

It's so tiresome.

bignev
09-08-2012, 01:14 PM
very little pressure as a sub. starting every week in the premier is a different kettle of fish.

Well he seems to be consistently performing when he has a chance, which is all he can do.

He at least deserves a run in the first team to prove himself. I would love him to come to us.

Japan Shaking All Over
10-08-2012, 01:10 AM
Van Der Weil making noises about wanting out of Ajax

No definite links, just an article on justarsenal

http://justarsenal.com/arsenal-target-van-der-wiel-keen-to-leave-ajax-and-we-need-him/15222

Good player but sounds like a cock, linking birthday with contract extensions but such is the state of things

Cripps_orig
10-08-2012, 01:12 AM
Some Niang dude to join Milan apparently instead of us

We are after some Korean dude as well

I_Killed_Kenny
10-08-2012, 08:10 AM
The sun have inter wanting nigel de jong for 7m and the mail has juve want kolarov for 6m. if thats the case we should defo join the market, definately for de jong at least

I_Killed_Kenny
10-08-2012, 08:43 AM
According to reports in Greece, Olympiakos are in talks with Arsenal defender Sebastien Squillaci after agreeing a deal with the Premier League. Squillaci is discussing a three-year deal, with Olympiakos looking for an experienced centre-half to replace Olof Mellberg, who has joined Villarreal.
by @skysportsbucko 8:50 AM

I_Killed_Kenny
10-08-2012, 01:57 PM
vela has definately left now. clear out is going ok so far

GP
10-08-2012, 02:30 PM
Goodbye Mr. Chips :wave:

LDG
10-08-2012, 02:39 PM
Goodbye Mr. Chips :wave:

:crying:

Marc Overmars
10-08-2012, 03:46 PM
West Ham have signed Alou Diarra.

Fat Sam cloggers. :bow:

Japan Shaking All Over
10-08-2012, 03:56 PM
According to reports in Greece, Olympiakos are in talks with Arsenal defender Sebastien Squillaci after agreeing a deal with the Premier League. Squillaci is discussing a three-year deal, with Olympiakos looking for an experienced centre-half to replace Olof Mellberg, who has joined Villarreal.
by @skysportsbucko 8:50 AM

Mellberg is still alive? . . .must be about 70-12 by now?

Master Splinter
10-08-2012, 04:31 PM
West Ham have signed Alou Diarra.

Fat Sam cloggers. :bow:

Diarra is a very good player tbf.

I'm concerned they may actually have a good season. Fat Sam will hopefully play all his GHELs and the fancy foreigners he's bought struggle to adapt.

Kyle?
10-08-2012, 05:10 PM
What are west ham playing at? With Gold and Sullivan, and fat sham, i felt certain they would have made a bid for Kevin Davies by now, and other silly overpriced crap players.

Japan Shaking All Over
11-08-2012, 04:37 PM
Now the last time I read something on WhatCultire, I though wjatva crovk of shit but they are now running this article and it may be kak but thought I would go ahead and post it. . .
http://whatculture.com/sport/arsenal-transfer-news-alex-song-agrees-barcelona-move.php

KSE Comedy Club
11-08-2012, 05:05 PM
Apparantly, bendtner has a choice of 3 clubs who want him, he and his father just need to make a decision and he'll be gone in the next two weeks. Fee around £6m.

Xhaka Can’t
11-08-2012, 05:12 PM
He needs to hurry up the fuck and piss off.

Cripps_orig
12-08-2012, 12:44 AM
Arsenal are looking at Malaga midfielder Isco, with the financially troubled Spanish club wanting a fee of around £8m for the 20-year-old.

Liverpool are still interested in signing Theo Walcott, with Brendan Rodgers keen to add pace and width to his squad.

Who?

£50m+ and hes theirs. Theo isnt worth that but if Liverpool can spend over £20m+ for both Downing and Henderson, lot of money on Allen and of course £35m on Carroll, 4 players who are terrible then they can spend even more for a player who pisses on them all

Japan Shaking All Over
12-08-2012, 01:50 AM
He needs to hurry up the fuck and piss off.

This.
The way he tals its liking theyre queuing at the door!

Japan Shaking All Over
12-08-2012, 02:38 PM
Who?

£50m+ and hes theirs. Theo isnt worth that but if Liverpool can spend over £20m+ for both Downing and Henderson, lot of money on Allen and of course £35m on Carroll, 4 players who are terrible then they can spend even more for a player who pisses on them all

The noise about Song and Barca will see us linked with a few CMs and Isco is quality and mosy impotantly cheap.
however I dont think he is the immediate fix to a Songless Arsenal, I expect more developments in the Sahin story, renewed interest in MVila whose chairman has come out with the claim that a concrete bid has come from the PL or DeJong, Rodwell going ro Citeh will make him surplus

Ollie the Optimist
13-08-2012, 10:44 AM
llorente has annouced he is not signing a new deal with athletic. not sure if we are interested or not but if we do sell rvp, then this could be a goer

I_Killed_Kenny
13-08-2012, 10:50 AM
Rennes say theyve recieved a concrete offer from a prem team for Mvilla. reports seem to actually think its spurs and not us!

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
13-08-2012, 11:06 AM
was wenger predicting the barca-song link and thats why we were so heavily linked with mvila earlier in the summer? we have so many midfielders i doubt he was planning to buy mvila to play alongside song.

also silvestre is training with us again... :doh:

Ollie the Optimist
13-08-2012, 11:11 AM
was wenger predicting the barca-song link and thats why we were so heavily linked with mvila earlier in the summer? we have so many midfielders i doubt he was planning to buy mvila to play alongside song.

also silvestre is training with us again... :doh:

we wont sign silvestre, we jsut helping out an ex player. another thing that just makes us a classy club

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
13-08-2012, 11:16 AM
llorente has annouced he is not signing a new deal with athletic. not sure if we are interested or not but if we do sell rvp, then this could be a goer

apparently he has one year left on his contract. top clubs can get him for relatively cheap this summer.

KSE Comedy Club
13-08-2012, 11:21 AM
Rumours from italy are that we are currently discussing a swap deal with Bendtner going there and us getting phillipe mexes in return.

http://www.metro.co.uk/sport/football/908364-arsenal-may-swap-nicklas-bendtner-for-ac-milan-defender-philippe-mexes

I_Killed_Kenny
13-08-2012, 11:23 AM
saw that and cant see that being likely. mexes is shite! cumbersome oaf IMO.

Ollie the Optimist
13-08-2012, 11:23 AM
Rumours from italy are that we are currently discussing a swap deal with Bendtner going there and us getting phillipe mexes in return.

what an absoutly shit deal for us if true

Marc Overmars
13-08-2012, 11:26 AM
Mexes?

Fuck no.

Rather take De Rossi if we're dealing with Roma.

KSE Comedy Club
13-08-2012, 11:26 AM
Yup.

Fortunately I would like to think that Bould would tell wenger to get fucked if he thought it was a good idea.

Japan Shaking All Over
13-08-2012, 11:29 AM

Juve are at the front of the queue at the mo!

We wont show any more striker interest till RvP is sorted out

McNamara That Ghost...
13-08-2012, 11:32 AM
Mexes?

Fuck no.

Rather take De Rossi if we're dealing with Roma.

Mexes is at Milan. In any case though, I hate swap deals so no thanks.

Japan Shaking All Over
13-08-2012, 11:32 AM
Rennes say theyve recieved a concrete offer from a prem team for Mvilla. reports seem to actually think its spurs and not us!

Sounds like its Spurs and they have bid around 10mil which we should definitely match if not go a touch higher . .I can see if Song goes to Barca we take Tello and bring in MVila or Sahin

Japan Shaking All Over
13-08-2012, 11:35 AM
what an absoutly shit deal for us if true

Should remember what we are offering too. . .like for like by the sounds of it. . .we dont need another CB

Marc Overmars
13-08-2012, 11:37 AM
Mexes is at Milan.

Oh yeah. Sorry I was still living in 2011.

Grebbo
13-08-2012, 11:54 AM

We've already signed RVP's replacement. I thought that was obvious??

bignev
13-08-2012, 12:01 PM
Barca bid 12m for Song according to Sky Sports.

I hope we fax back a picture of the troll face

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
13-08-2012, 12:47 PM
ryo's gone for a season long loan at wigan.

great loan. they try and play attractive football so he'll fit in well under an improving, expansive manager.

probably moses' replacement.

Asthmatic Kitty
13-08-2012, 12:47 PM
Alex Song has insisted he is happy at Arsenal amid claims he could be set to leave the club.

Reports from Spain claim Barcelona have made a €15million (£11.7million) bid for him, whilst Russian giants Zenit St Petersburg are also believed to be keen.

Song has two years left on his current deal at the Emirates, but Sky Sports understands he would like to extend that agreement.

The Cameroon international has now told Sky Sports that he has heard of interest in him, but insists he remains happy in North London.

"I am not going to lie if I said there is no interest but I am at Arsenal and I am happy at Arsenal," he told Sky Sports.

"Barcelona are the best team in the world, and speculation will always continue until the window closes."

Song is now considering his options, but it is understood he would like to talk with Arsenal about an extension before he would look to leave.

In the last few years, Song, who joined Arsenal back in 2005 from Bastia, has emerged as one of the best defensive midfielders in the Premier League.

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11670/7987275/Song-happy-amid-sale-talk

not sure what to make of that to be honest.

Marc Overmars
13-08-2012, 12:55 PM
Barca bid 12m for Song according to Sky Sports.

I hope we fax back a picture of the troll face

12m? They can do one.

Marc Overmars
13-08-2012, 12:56 PM
http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11670/7987275/Song-happy-amid-sale-talk

not sure what to make of that to be honest.

I don't get the impression he's hankering for a move, which is why I'd be disappointed if we decide to sell him.

selassie
13-08-2012, 12:57 PM
Rumours that we're the club who have offered for M'Vila as a replacement for Barca bound Song.

Not sure what to make of it TBH....

Fist of Lehmann
13-08-2012, 01:05 PM
Rumours that we're the club who have offered for M'Vila as a replacement for Barca bound Song.

Not sure what to make of that sentence TBH.

Unai Tea
13-08-2012, 01:15 PM
Why would we sell Song if he doesn't particularly want to go himself?

Big ass offer? £30m-£40m? - No
Wenger likes selling players in their prime? - No
Wenger promotes squad instability? - No
Song is shite? - No
We have a cheaper replacement who is equally as good already in the squad? - No
We can buy in a far cheaper replacement who is equally as good? - No

Selling Song makes no sense for us. Iniesta and the rest of the tap-up boys tried their best to turn Song's head but he's just not that interested. End of story as they need him to agitate for a move.

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
13-08-2012, 01:29 PM
if song goes he'll be back at bolton within 3 years.

Cripps_orig
13-08-2012, 01:35 PM
Oh yeah. Sorry I was still living in 2011.

Wish we all were

Olympics to look forward to next year :bow:

McNamara That Ghost...
13-08-2012, 01:35 PM

I don't think Song will go so we're apparently going mental. Usmanov must've left a brown envelope outside the entrance.

Ollie the Optimist
13-08-2012, 01:40 PM
We've already signed RVP's replacement. I thought that was obvious??

apart from the wenger quote saying we have not replaced rvp, we have added to the squad with the plan he is staying :good:

Ollie the Optimist
13-08-2012, 01:43 PM
Selling Song makes no sense for us. Iniesta and the rest of the tap-up boys tried their best to turn Song's head but he's just not that interested. End of story as they need him to agitate for a move.

if we get a decent offer 15million plus, and we sign mvila then it is a good deal for us. we get a proper dm in. we have replaced songs creativitiy with cazorla. however if song stays then also a good deal. am not fussed tbh whether he stays or goes

Unai Tea
13-08-2012, 01:53 PM
if we get a decent offer 15million plus, and we sign mvila then it is a good deal for us. we get a proper dm in. we have replaced songs creativitiy with cazorla. however if song stays then also a good deal. am not fussed tbh whether he stays or goes

I disagree. I think selling Song is a terrible idea, even if that means we directly replace him with M'Vila or that big chap that plays for Celtic. By all means add M'Vila or another competent DM, that does nothing but promote competition and provide greater flexibility. But not at the cost of selling another decent player.

Ollie the Optimist
13-08-2012, 01:56 PM
I disagree. I think selling Song is a terrible idea, even if that means we directly replace him with M'Vila or that big chap that plays for Celtic. By all means add M'Vila or another competent DM, that does nothing but promote competition and provide greater flexibility. But not at the cost of selling another decent player.

he was too prone to brain farts last season. he is a good player and i would like him to stay but not if what i said above happens. unless its the end for rosicky/ramsey etc and he replaces tehm in midfield as a creative and we sign a dm. not fussed if he goes if we do get a good replacement in or if he stays

Unai Tea
13-08-2012, 02:03 PM
he was too prone to brain farts last season. he is a good player and i would like him to stay but not if what i said above happens. unless its the end for rosicky/ramsey etc and he replaces tehm in midfield as a creative and we sign a dm. not fussed if he goes if we do get a good replacement in or if he stays

He's never been a perfect player but he has some very good qualities and is relatively positionally flexible. I think he was trying to do too much last year as we didn't have the creativity we needed to have to win. He supplied some of that but obviously there's a price for that. If we have that creativity in midfield, through Cazorla or Wilshere or whomever, Song won't need to push forward in the same way. And I'm not convinced that M'vila is much different from Song. Nigel De Jong knows his place and if we wanted a proper destroyer protecting the back four, he should be our target. He's better and cheaper than M'vila....unless we want a DM with skillz....but then we already have that in Song.

AKBapologist
13-08-2012, 02:08 PM
What the hell's wrong with you?

Mvila isn't coming, wenger probably think's he's shit. And even if he was, it wouldn't be as songs replacement.

Just as we're getting great competition for places you want to get rid of the only person who DM'ed for us to any standard last year? A step backwards tbh. You used to talk sense.

GP
13-08-2012, 02:09 PM
What the hell's wrong with you?

Mvila isn't coming, wenger probably think's he's shit. And even if he was, it wouldn't be as songs replacement.

Just as we're getting great competition for places you want to get rid of the only person who DM'ed for us to any standard last year? A step backwards tbh. You used to talk sense.

The only player who DMd for us last year was Arteta.

AKBapologist
13-08-2012, 02:51 PM
The only player who DMd for us last year was Arteta.

More tackles and interceptions than Arteta iirc. Don't get me wrong, a solid DM is a must get, but asking to sell a solid performer from last season is bonkers if you care about not taking yet another a step back.

Marc Overmars
13-08-2012, 02:58 PM
Song is a very good all round midfielder, we could do a lot worse. It would be madness to sell him, it's all well and good talking about who we could replace him with, but then the same applies to every member of the team. Why stop at Song? Lets flog a few others as well, think of all the money we'd have to buy replacements.

The reason we win sod all is because there's no stability and it eventually rubs off on the players who start to think, 'well if he's fucking off then I might consider it as well'.

GP
13-08-2012, 03:02 PM
More tackles and interceptions than Arteta iirc. Don't get me wrong, a solid DM is a must get, but asking to sell a solid performer from last season is bonkers if you care about not taking yet another a step back.

I'm not advocating selling Song at all, I'm just saying people need to stop thinking of him as a DM, which he certainly isn't.

AKBapologist
13-08-2012, 03:07 PM
I'm not advocating selling Song at all, I'm just saying people need to stop thinking of him as a DM, which he certainly isn't.

He's a center back (Wenger), DM (Statistions) or the next Yaya Toure (Song) depending on who you ask tbh.

Grebbo
13-08-2012, 03:14 PM
apart from the wenger quote saying we have not replaced rvp, we have added to the squad with the plan he is staying :good:

You believe a word of what Wenger says??

As for Song, he's good but we can do better. If Wenger has found a better replacement then why not sell Song?

AKBapologist
13-08-2012, 03:16 PM

As for Song, he's good but we can do better. If Wenger has found a better replacement then why not sell Song?

Strength in depth? Consistancy? He want's to stay/happy at the club?

GP
13-08-2012, 03:17 PM
we should sell him to the olympic closing ceremony they could use a decent song haha lol

Grebbo
13-08-2012, 03:21 PM
Strength in depth? Consistancy? He want's to stay/happy at the club?

We've got a fuck load of CM's now. If Wenger thinks he can buy better then we should sell him, if not we should keep him. Don't think it's any more complicated than that.

Song's a bit of a jack of all trades and a master of none. He's not good enough defensively to be a pure DM and he's not good enough offensively to be an attacking CM. He's a good all round player but good players don't win you the league - great players do.

Unai Tea
13-08-2012, 03:25 PM

Because Song is one of our better midfielders. If he can be replaced as a frontline player, which may not prove to be so simple, then sell the crappiest midfielder we have (Ramsey or Arshavin). The overall quality of the midfield will improve.

For instance, if we found a player better than Sczeczny then we should dump Fabianski because 'GK better than Sczeczny' + Sczeczny > 'GK better than Sczeczny' + Fabianski.

So unless you're suggesting Song is our worst first team midfielder, selling him makes no sense.

Marc Overmars
13-08-2012, 03:29 PM
Been linked with this Isco chap again today.

Malaga's meltdown. :bow:

GP
13-08-2012, 03:31 PM
We should definitely sign him, and I say this having never seen him play.

Unai Tea
13-08-2012, 03:37 PM
We should definitely sign him, and I say this having never seen him play.

I like him as a player. Mainly I like that his name is very similar to 'Cisco which is an abbreviated from of San Francisco. San Francisco is a pretty cool place. Must get.

GP
13-08-2012, 03:38 PM
I like him as a player. Mainly I like that his name is very similar to 'Cisco which is an abbreviated from of San Francisco. San Francisco is a pretty cool place. Must get.

All the gays live there.

Well, not all of them, but they want to.

selassie
13-08-2012, 03:38 PM

Song is a far superior player to M'Vila. Song isn't bad defensively, is more mobile than M'Vila and offers more creativity, we would be a weaker team if we replaced him with M'Vila IMHO.

M'Vila is a good player but still very much a "work in progress" and he would offer virtually nothing going forward.

If we fix up the defensive side of our game and that is a team effort then we'll be good to go with Song and co. next season.

Unai Tea
13-08-2012, 04:09 PM
All the gays live there.

Well, not all of them, but they want to.

'All your gayses are belong to us' - 'Cisco

GunnerFan4Life
13-08-2012, 08:42 PM
In the past hour Sky Sports News are reporting that Arsenal could be in the hunt for Belgian and Olympiacos striker Kevin Mirallas.

I wrote this last week but now Sky Sports are reporting it, a deal could well be on the move.

Arsenal could reportedly sign him for £8m as that's supposedly his release clause.

Twitter.

GunnerFan4Life
13-08-2012, 08:54 PM
http://news.arseblog.com/2012/08/belgian-striker-claims-arsenal-contact/

Who knows

McNamara That Ghost...
13-08-2012, 10:26 PM
I would have thought we could just offer cheese on toast for a player based in Greece.

Cripps_orig
13-08-2012, 10:31 PM
In the past hour Sky Sports News are reporting that Arsenal could be in the hunt for Belgian and Olympiacos striker Kevin Mirallas.

I wrote this last week but now Sky Sports are reporting it, a deal could well be on the move.

Arsenal could reportedly sign him for £8m as that's supposedly his release clause.

Twitter.

You also said Llorente was coming to Arsenal tbf

hobson's choice
13-08-2012, 10:43 PM
We've got a fuck load of CM's now. If Wenger thinks he can buy better then we should sell him, if not we should keep him. Don't think it's any more complicated than that.

Song's a bit of a jack of all trades and a master of none. He's not good enough defensively to be a pure DM and he's not good enough offensively to be an attacking CM. He's a good all round player but good players don't win you the league - great players do.

Song is exactly what Denilson was supposed to be, an in between CM, not pure ACM or DM, but can do a little of both at a very good level. No way we should sell him, he's a good player, who actually provides something worthwhile.

Honestly the perfect scenario, will be to get a pure DM, and have a midfield of Song, Carzola, and DM or whatever. If we can't get one, hopefully Coquelin can develop into that player soon.

Cripps_orig
13-08-2012, 11:08 PM
Manchester United manager Sir Alex Ferguson has spoken directly to his Arsenal counterpart Arsene Wenger to try and ensure a new £20m bid for striker Robin van Persie, 29, is a success.
Full story: Daily Mail

Inter Milan have joined Chelsea and Liverpool in expressing an interest in signing Arsenal winger Theo Walcott. The 23-year-old is out of contract next summer.
Full story: Daily Star

Real Madrid midfielder Nuri Sahin will decide on his future this week after Arsenal and Liverpool are two of a number of clubs to make loan offers for the 23-year-old.

Will Wenger bend over for Fergie as he does for Barca? :popcorn:

Need Theo to sign asap ffs

Sahin would be excellent for us. A trio of him, Song and Cazorla :bow:

fari
13-08-2012, 11:26 PM

http://www.metro.co.uk/sport/football/908364-arsenal-may-swap-nicklas-bendtner-for-ac-milan-defender-philippe-mexes

i rate mexes as only a tad bit better than squid. not sure about this one

fari
13-08-2012, 11:28 PM
Song is exactly what Denilson was supposed to be, an in between CM, not pure ACM or DM, but can do a little of both at a very good level. No way we should sell him, he's a good player, who actually provides something worthwhile.

Honestly the perfect scenario, will be to get a pure DM, and have a midfield of Song, Carzola, and DM or whatever. If we can't get one, hopefully Coquelin can develop into that player soon.

i have high hopes for him this season. i pray this is a flamini-esque season for him (without the leaving at the end of the season part:lol:)

Cripps_orig
13-08-2012, 11:42 PM
ARSENAL are leading a four-way chase for Celtic’s Olympic hero Ki Sung-Yueng.
Atletico Madrid, QPR and Fulham are all in the hunt for the South Korea midfielder — making their interest known to Parkhead powerbrokers.
SunSport can reveal Hoops chiefs are now anticipating a concrete £8.5million offer from Gunners boss Arsene Wenger.
It’s understood Emirates chief scout Steve Rowley has the playmaker at the top of his list of targets.
Ki was outstanding for his country at the London Games, netting the winning penalty that knocked Team GB out as South Korea won bronze.
His hugely impressive performances have only increased the prospect of the 23-year-old leaving Parkhead this summer.
Neil Lennon is in no hurry to sell any of his first-team stars — especially ahead of next week’s Champions League qualifier with Swedish outfit Helsingborgs.
It’s unlikely any deal will be done before then but Lennon accepts letting Ki go at a hefty profit would be good business.
Celts paid out just £2m for him to FC Seoul three years ago and now stand to rake in around FOUR TIMES that amount.
Meanwhile, Celts kid Dylan McGeouch says he has no idea what happened to him when he was knocked out in the friendly clash with Real Madrid in Philadelphia.
The 19-year-old, who’ll need surgery to fix a jaw broken in a collision with Nuri Sahan, said: “I didn’t know anything about it.
“The first thing I knew I was coming round and was surrounded by a lot of medical people.”

Read more: http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/4486398/Wenger-steps-up-hunt-for-7m-Celt.html#ixzz23TNF4LZA

Sahin :bow:

Must Get if he breaks jaws

Cripps_orig
14-08-2012, 11:13 AM
Olympiakos striker Kevin Mirallas has revealed that his agent is in talks with Arsenal, with the two clubs battling over the fee for such a deal.

The forward has been in impressive form since joining from Saint-Etienne two years ago and the Greek club are not prepared to compromise on their asking price.

Reports had previously linked the 24-year-old with a move to the Emirates Stadium and Mirallas has now confirmed that there has been contact between the two clubs, but insists that he would be content to remain where he is if the deal is not finalised.

"There is still a chance I will move to the Premier League," Mirallas told Belgian newspaper Het Nieuwsblad. "My agent is having talks with Arsenal, those rumours are true.

"Only Olympiakos is in the way. They want €8 million [£6m] and not a penny less. But if the move doesn't come through, I am happy to stay in Athens."

Mirallas featured for Olympiakos in their 3-1 victory against Arsenal in the Champions League last season and has scored 34 goals in 52 appearances for the club.

The Gunners open their Premier League campaign at home against Sunderland on August 18.

http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2896/premier-league/2012/08/14/3306283/olympiakos-striker-mirallas-reveals-arsenal-talks

Another offensive player? I guess we are playing the "we will score one more than you" tactic. Wont be boring..hopefully

Also just offer them £6m ffs

I_Killed_Kenny
14-08-2012, 11:28 AM
you know the deal will fall through cos we a re 50p short and wenger is unwilling to budge!

Marc Overmars
14-08-2012, 11:33 AM
Chakma out, Mirallas in hopefully.

Cripps_orig
14-08-2012, 11:37 AM
Keep Chamakh

Sell Park

Unai Tea
14-08-2012, 11:38 AM
Keep Chamakh

Sell Park

Get rid of both.

I_Killed_Kenny
14-08-2012, 01:07 PM
in the lancashire telegraph or whatever its called:

Blackburn Rovers look set to cool their interest in Huddersfield hot-shot Jordan Rhodes - after enquiring about the availabilty of Arsenal striker Marouane Chamakh.

Make it so arsene!!!!

Cripps_orig
14-08-2012, 08:18 PM
Why havent we gone after a RB this summer?

We only have one recognized RB in Sagna.

Unai Tea
14-08-2012, 08:35 PM
Why havent we gone after a RB this summer?

We only have one recognized RB in Sagna.

I think they plan on rolling with a pool of Coq, Yennaris, Jenkinson and the gay lion as backups.

Cripps_orig
14-08-2012, 11:09 PM
Arsenal are set to allow Robin van Persie, 29, to `oin Manchester United in a £22m deal.
Full story: the Qun

But other seports suggest Arsenal want at least £25m from Manchester United for Van Persie.
Full story: Evening Standard

Tottenham and Arsenal will have to pay £28m to sign Spain international Fernando Llorente, according to Athletic Bilbao president Josu Urrutia.
Full story: talkSPORT

Bye

£22m or £25m, who cares, it wont be spent on the team

Must Get

In other news, Sahin is destined for Liverpool and Mirallas is a target for Everton as we sit on our backsides and not do a thing to sign either of these players we are after

Ollie the Optimist
14-08-2012, 11:21 PM
Bye

£22m or £25m, who cares, it wont be spent on the team

Must Get

In other news, im going to make shit up so that the club look bad and i have an excuse to moan about something

:good:

Cripps_orig
14-08-2012, 11:25 PM
Liverpool have sent managing director Ian Ayre to Spain to secure deals for Barcelona winger Cristian Tello, 21, and Real Madrid midfielder Nuri Sahin, 23.

Everton are set to use some of the funds from the sale of Jack Rodwell, 21, to Manchester City by signing Kevin Mirallas, 24, from Olympiacos for £6m.
Full story: The Times (subscription required)

Ollie :doh:

Ollie the Optimist
14-08-2012, 11:29 PM
Ollie :doh:

it was more how you said that we are sitting there doing nothing while others sign those players. which you just made up because you have no idea what the club is doing behind the scenes

Cripps_orig
14-08-2012, 11:31 PM
it was more how you said that we are sitting there doing nothing while others sign those players. which you just made up because you have no idea what the club is doing behind the scenes

Neither do you. So one of is right. History would suggest its me. Lets hope its you :good:

Japan Shaking All Over
15-08-2012, 02:43 AM
I think you are both right!

I think it is fair to say that we have done a bit of groundwork with the names mentioned, by the sounds of it we have been talking the most to Real abiut Sahin, its just we are looking at the buy clause, Tello sounds like any possible Song deal and Miralles sounds like has had alot of contact with us.

However that does not mean another club cannot sneak in and take that all away from us and I agree that we need to get things done sooner rather than later however our duture business may depend on our departures. . .

GP
15-08-2012, 07:58 AM
Andrey Arshavin ‏@AndrArshavin23
Дорогие НАШИ болельщики! начинается новый этап в истории сборной . Мы сделаем нашу работу на поле так, как делаете Вы! Мы вместе! Андрей.

Interesting...

Japan Shaking All Over
15-08-2012, 09:22 AM
Nice work GP

saw in the Mirror gossip column that Villa could be letting Makoun go to Rennes

Could this mean MVila is on the move? And to who. . .I can see us getting rid of Song and bringing MVila in. . .RvP wont be here at weekend to

4-3-3
15-08-2012, 10:35 AM
http://www.marca.com/2012/08/15/futbol/equipos/athletic/1345020864.html

again linked with llorente

Marc Overmars
15-08-2012, 10:46 AM
We can dream.

GP
15-08-2012, 10:52 AM
Дорогие НАШИ болельщики! начинается новый этап в истории сборной . Мы сделаем нашу работу на поле так, как делаете Вы! Мы вместе! Андрей.

Interesting...

Dear fans! begins a new stage in the history of the team. We will do our work in the field as you do! We are together! Andrew.

So... he's staying?

Fist of Lehmann
15-08-2012, 10:55 AM

Interesting...Maybe my Russian is a little rusty, but that sounds like Communist propoganda.

Comrades! Now begins a glorious new era for Mother Arsenal!

McNamara That Ghost...
15-08-2012, 11:00 AM
Dear fans! begins a new stage in the history of the team. We will do our work in the field as you do! We are together! Andrew.

So... he's staying?

Or it's because he is playing for Russia tonight. Either way, it seems like gibberish. Speaking of which, Google translation of another Lllorente article on Marca:

Fernando Llorente darts hoped that Joshua commanded Urrutia in the press conference on Monday offered the president of the Athletic. The striker confirmed that he was not wrong when landing in Puerto Rico and found messages and information about the harsh words of its president. During the trip from Madrid to San Juan, Llorente was reading the newspaper, sleeping and spoke mainly with Cazorla and Queen.

The relationship between the club and player reference recent seasons have been tightening in recent months and have broken into the time when Llorente has taken the step to cancel the negotiating table and seek out a team not with aspirations to play but to win the Champions League.
A difficult situation

He still 9 of Athletic knows his situation is complicated. At the cracking of wanting to leave, Athletic has responded by refusing to negotiate and opening a scenario in which Llorente or convince a team that wants to pay 36 million of the clause, or face one year in San Mamés very hard to go free next summer. The latter option opens wide the doors to two Spanish league, Barcelona and Madrid first, then to sign him.

Thousands of miles of Bilbao, Fernando Llorente has found support in the selection of their peers. Athletic striker is one of those players within the group has a soft spot. Since arriving connected well with everyone.

And for the coaching staff is also an important player by far not to play at Euro and that their participation in the selection has never been sustained. In fact, the Euro became more fixed as the striker to be on the list. But as it turned out, was also the one with less options they hold.

This Wednesday, at the Juan Ramon Loubriel in Bayamon, is sure to have minutes. Moreover, Del Bosque, an expert in handling psychological situations, you can give gallons of owner, aware that at present it is best that Llorente has everything you head focused on what happens in the grass. At least on the days you are with the selection. With two rams in the call, the coach will distribute minute between 19 and Torres. The Chelsea, if he plays, will stay only a hundred match with the Spanish.

Llorente has felt these days in Puerto Rico the heat of all that make up the Spanish team. He would not talk too much about it, but your idea is clear: he wants to fight to be crowned champions in Spain or outside, and being in a team fight for the Champions League.

He knows that if it does not now the Athletic-which in turn stands to lose much money, his year will be hard. But it has taken a decision with all the consequences that could would pose.

Llorente's darts. :bow:

Meeting Cazorla and the Queen. :bow:

KSE Comedy Club
15-08-2012, 11:02 AM
http://www.marca.com/2012/08/15/futbol/equipos/athletic/1345020864.html

again linked with llorente

Translation:

Confirmation that Fernando Llorente will not renew its contract with the Athletic has spread like wildfire among the European clubs interested in striker hunt Rioja, and all are positioning themselves to take the coveted prize. And which side Arsenal in pole position on the starting grid for the race to sign the international red and white.

In the open bid for Juventus ready to offer 16 million euros by Llorente as confirmed La Gazzetta dello Sport's front page yesterday, Arsenal has been quick to bet on the auction to get a striker who will supply the march Van Persie, who earlier this summer announced his decision not to renew his contract, which expires in 2013.

Arsenal coach Arsene Wenger is resigned to losing the striker who scored 30 goals last season for the London club, and has no doubt that Fernando Llorente, who scored 29 goals last season, would be the ideal substitute to replace Dutch striker.

Its strength spiker, his virtue to play with his back to goal and his skill with the ball at his feet, are credited to the Rioja qualities as a striker able to succeed in the Premier League.

Arsenal hopes to use much of the amount you get from the sale of Van Persie, 25.6 million euros in the international recruitment of Rincón de Soto. Although I know that the club will not let you escape from Bilbao for less than 36 million euros, the price marking its clause, as made clear Josu Urrutia.

The London club sounded as hard as Llorente fate late last May. On that occasion it was even ensure that the offer Athletic striker told a news conference at a downtown hotel Bilbao to announce his departure to Arsenal, a rumor spread like wildfire through social networks, to the extent to which Llorente Arsenal became a trending topic worldwide.

However, at that time, the player had not revealed anything about his intentions for the future and everyone hoped that renewed. Until yesterday, when the castle collapsed.

Damn, I wish they built that castle better.

Fist of Lehmann
15-08-2012, 11:11 AM
The London club sounded as hard as Llorente
Sounds like we're both pretty keen.

LDG
15-08-2012, 11:12 AM
:lol:

LDG
15-08-2012, 11:34 AM
Anyway, look at WUMget getting 'Arry all jealous this summer :lol:

Asthmatic Kitty
15-08-2012, 11:39 AM
I do like a good Rioja

Marc Overmars
15-08-2012, 11:49 AM
Kevin Mirallas off to Everton today, according to SSN.

I_Killed_Kenny
15-08-2012, 12:17 PM
fair dues. wasnt exactly wetting myself over this possible signing. but we do need to bring in another striker if RVP leaves thats for sure. and that does seem like it will happen. lewondowski is the one I want but unlikely so it may end up being someone like Remy. This is just my thought, no sauce

server too busy!
15-08-2012, 12:36 PM
Ah man Mirallas reminded me a bit of Suarez, would've liked him here.

LDG
15-08-2012, 01:01 PM
Ah man Mirallas reminded me a bit of Suarez, would've liked him here.

What, racist and only converts one in ten chances?

Shaqiri Is Boss
15-08-2012, 01:03 PM
What, racist and only converts one in ten chances?

Don't forget he's partial to a bit of neck meat.

Japan Shaking All Over
15-08-2012, 01:19 PM
Not sure who it will be (my choice is Llorente and MVila) but if we lose RvP and Song I can see us addressing the spaces they leave before the end of the transfer window. . .and we will be receiving enough money to go for the two above

I_Killed_Kenny
15-08-2012, 01:28 PM
sky sports say that the caen player niang is going to have a 3 day medical at everton. wtf! whats going on with him. came to us for trial. then ac who seemed like they were going to sign him and now everton. very wierd.

Cripps_orig
15-08-2012, 01:34 PM
This is Arsenal.

We take ages to sign a player. Sometimes we dont sign them at all and other clubs nick them. Looks like the case for Niang and Mirallas

Wenger :doh:

I_Killed_Kenny
15-08-2012, 01:55 PM
more meant the fact that us and AC looked at him, we had a bid rejected. AC wanted him, so why has he ended up having a trial at everton. miralles - meh

McNamara That Ghost...
15-08-2012, 01:58 PM
Anyway, look at WUMget getting 'Arry all jealous this summer :lol:

Doubt it, 'Arry is the Fantasy Football Ambassador for Sky Sports this season. :haha:

Marc Overmars
15-08-2012, 01:59 PM
Maybe AC and ourselves realised Niang is shite?

LDG
15-08-2012, 02:02 PM
Doubt it, 'Arry is the Fantasy Football Ambassador for Sky Sports this season. :haha:

Someone needs to tell him it's not real money :lol:

I dread to think how chronic his twitch will be when he finds out :arry:

Cripps_orig
15-08-2012, 02:02 PM
Maybe AC and ourselves realised Niang is shite?

Probably is but never stopped us before tbh

McNamara That Ghost...
15-08-2012, 02:07 PM
Someone needs to tell him it's not real money :lol:

I dread to think how chronic his twitch will be when he finds out :arry:

Any excuse for him to get his car window down.

Marc Overmars
15-08-2012, 02:10 PM
A deadline day without several car window interviews with Twitchy won't be the same.

LDG
15-08-2012, 03:50 PM
I know this is so soon after the January Transfer thread....but seeing as our cheif scout has said it, thought I'd make a new thread to bung all this guff in.

Giles Grimandi says:

Arsenal are keeping a close eye on Montpellier striker Olivier Giroud, according to club scout Gilles Grimandi.

The 25-year-old Montpellier striker, who has bagged 15 goals in 20 games this season, is one of several possible summer targets being tracked by the Gunners ahead of possible transfer action this summer.

Confirming that Arsene Wenger’s team are monitoring a host of targets in Europe and South America Grimandi told French website Le 10 Sport:
“We look at a lot of interesting players, and we are following Giroud.

“We’re following his progress, it’s impossible not to look at the way he’s progressed in the last two years.

“Now we must try to assess the scope for improvement. I think he has the potential for the best clubs in Europe.

“That’s one of the players that we’re currently looking at, but there’s also between 20-30 other players from Europe and South America that we’re keeping an eye on.”

That was a good opener to the thread :o

LDG
15-08-2012, 03:52 PM
No chance, Girard and Nicolin have already said that unless an offer of 25mil Euro's or more comes in he wont be sold. Plus Monty are stioll chasing the league 1 title and pushing onto the champs league so its even more unlikely

And Falvs reply :lol:

Falvs :rose:

Syn
15-08-2012, 03:53 PM
With that sort of track record, you are more than qualified to start a twitter account.

You can call yourself ITK_LDG_FFS and get about 7 billion followers.

Who are we signing next? (after Diaby and Wilshere)

LDG
15-08-2012, 03:56 PM
With that sort of track record, you are more than qualified to start a twitter account.

You can call yourself ITK_LDG_FFS and get about 7 billion followers.

Who are we signing next? (after Diaby and Wilshere)

Sahin :ninja:

KSE Comedy Club
15-08-2012, 05:54 PM
Nah, he's off to pool apparently.

Marc Overmars
15-08-2012, 07:37 PM
Bilbao have sold Javi Martinez to Bayern apparently, for 30m.

The sort of price we'd be looking at if we did go in for Llorente.

Grebbo
15-08-2012, 07:42 PM
Was Martinez in the lat year of his contract?

Marc Overmars
15-08-2012, 07:46 PM
Don't think so, Bayern have paid his release clause.

Grebbo
15-08-2012, 07:50 PM
So Llorente will probably go for closer to half of that amount. Think he'll go to Juve anyway.

KSE Comedy Club
15-08-2012, 08:54 PM
I actually think well be looking to add in other areas now.

My best guess would be:

RVP out and Sahin in.
Song out and MVila in.

And maybe a small punt on Dempsey.

McNamara That Ghost...
15-08-2012, 08:57 PM
I'm going all out muppet now.

Come on Falcao. :bow:

GP
15-08-2012, 08:58 PM
Messi :bow:

Master Splinter
15-08-2012, 08:59 PM
If we rely on Giroud and Podolski for the whole season, there is an exceptional probability it will end in disaster.

Not buying a midfielder to replace Song would be as well of course negligent as well you know.

I almost forgot we had Chamakh and Frimpong.

McNamara That Ghost...
15-08-2012, 09:00 PM
Messi :bow:

I'll sell all my monitors for his 200 million euros buy out clause.

And MS, Chakma has got this, don't worry.

Ollie the Optimist
15-08-2012, 09:00 PM
given that wenger has told song he can and sold rvp. i bet there are more to come in, there is no way he would get rid without some replacements in mind.

also if you believe he has replaced them as he said today, then you are an idiot. why the fuck would he tell the world he is looking for a striker and watch them ramp up the price

Joker
15-08-2012, 09:01 PM
If we rely on Giroud and Podolski for the whole season, there is an exceptional probability it will end in disaster.

Not buying a midfielder to replace Song would be as well of course negligent as well you know.

I almost forgot we had Chamakh and Frimpong.

We are going to rely on Giroud and Podolski for the whole season, it'll be classic Wenger WUMming.

However, I don't think he'll take it so far as to not sign a replacement for Song.

Marc Overmars
15-08-2012, 09:04 PM
We won't be signing a striker. A midfielder probably but that's it.

Podolski and Giroud are the main guys now.

Master Splinter
15-08-2012, 09:04 PM
However, I don't think he'll take it so far as to not sign a replacement for Song.

http://www.nationalturk.com/en/wp-content/uploads/2010/04/Arsene-wenger-smiles-nationalturk.jpg

Cripps_orig
15-08-2012, 09:07 PM
Giroud isnt top class

Jury is very much out on him

McNamara That Ghost...
15-08-2012, 09:09 PM
Giroud isnt top class

Jury is very much out on him

And Benzema.

:tiphat:

Marc Overmars
15-08-2012, 09:10 PM
also if you believe he has replaced them as he said today, then you are an idiot. why the fuck would he tell the world he is looking for a striker and watch them ramp up the price

Ollie, every club knows we've just sold the best striker in the league and have a nice wad of cash to spend. It makes no difference what Wenger says about his intentions to replace him or not, clubs will look to milk us if we go in for their players. So I believe what Wenger said tonight is probably his true feelings because he has no reason to lie.

McNamara That Ghost...
15-08-2012, 09:12 PM
The thing that really sucks the big one...Man Utd know they can get our players now. And obviously, our players know they can go there.

Cripps_orig
15-08-2012, 09:13 PM
Sir Jack as Scholes replacement next summer?

Ox to replace Giggs?

McNamara That Ghost...
15-08-2012, 09:14 PM
Those two will be there when they're 100.

That's next season I think.

Marc Overmars
15-08-2012, 09:14 PM
Well the countdown to Vermaelen's departure started tonight, maybe Fergie fancies replacing Rio next year.

cheesy bites
15-08-2012, 09:15 PM
Cavani and Hulk are coming in. Tiote is coming to replace Song. I'm also going to go home to a bed with 3 blonde stunners each with a pint of beer for me.

Master Splinter
15-08-2012, 09:17 PM
As long as Koscielny doesn't get the armband, it's ok.

Ollie the Optimist
15-08-2012, 09:18 PM
i dont think united know they can get our players because rvp was a very different case. he forced the move with that statement, in releasing it it made sure he had to be sold and had to be gone this season. though the club made sure they got a lot of money for him, he was in last year of contract so 24million or nothing, there was only going to be one winner. given previous experiences with players kept against their wills, ade and cesc, who didnt perform and didnt want to be there, we had to sell. plus united will spend 69million on this deal with wages and fees etc, they cant do that every year. this is a one of case and one that ultimately we will win

Master Splinter
15-08-2012, 09:19 PM
Cavani and Hulk are coming in. Tiote is coming to replace Song. I'm also going to go home to a bed with 3 blonde stunners each with a pint of beer for me.

Not sure if all those outcomes are particularly desirable.

Cripps_orig
15-08-2012, 09:20 PM

Those players coming in would be awesome for us. You coming in the blondes would be awesome for you

cheesy bites
15-08-2012, 09:21 PM
Not sure if all those outcomes are particularly desirable.

I never said I'd make you watch

Marc Overmars
15-08-2012, 09:21 PM
i dont think united know they can get our players because rvp was a very different case. he forced the move with that statement, in releasing it it made sure he had to be sold and had to be gone this season. though the club made sure they got a lot of money for him, he was in last year of contract so 24million or nothing, there was only going to be one winner. given previous experiences with players kept against their wills, ade and cesc, who didnt perform and didnt want to be there, we had to sell. plus united will spend 69million on this deal with wages and fees etc, they cant do that every year. this is a one of case and one that ultimately we will win

Of course they know they can buy from us. Hell, they even did it last year with Nasri. Unsuccessfully of course but there's no doubt we would have sold to them had they paid up before City.

McNamara That Ghost...
15-08-2012, 09:22 PM

Everyhing you've said is everything another player can and will do that wants out enough, all it will take is another season without a trophy, sorry, another season without a Champions League or Premier League trophy.

cheesy bites
15-08-2012, 09:22 PM
Jack Wilshere isn't actually injured. Wenger just doesn't want Jack to hurt him like everyone else has, so he's locked him in the caretaker's cupboard.

Master Splinter
15-08-2012, 09:24 PM
I never said I'd make you watch

That would be preferable to buying Tiote.

Ollie the Optimist
15-08-2012, 09:24 PM
Everyhing you've said is everything another player can and will do that wants out enough, all it will take is another season without a trophy, sorry, another season without a Champions League or Premier League trophy.

true but if they ahve years left on their contract we are in better posistion to tell united to fuck off. 24million or nothing in a year. no brianiner

McNamara That Ghost...
15-08-2012, 09:29 PM
true but if they ahve years left on their contract we are in better posistion to tell united to fuck off. 24million or nothing in a year. no brianiner

Well I thought the same about Song and he has three years left. We won't be in a position to tell them to fuck off because in all likelihood we'll still need the money to balance out what we might have already spent. FFP is a bit shit really.

And don't you think it's possible other players that might want to leave will just bide the time on the contract they currently have anyway? If players want to leave, they will. Spuds played tough with Modric but in the end he left, they played tough with Berbatov and in the end he left - it's the same scenario for us.

cheesy bites
15-08-2012, 09:31 PM
That would be preferable to buying Tiote.

Really? I rate Tiote, maybe not that highly but he would be an improvement over Song IMO.

Master Splinter
No Brian Iner?

A new GW meme is born.

Charlie's spirit once again lives on :bow:.

Marc Overmars
Tiote. :lol:

What a clogger.

Master Splinter
15-08-2012, 09:37 PM
Really? I rate Tiote, maybe not that highly but he would be an improvement over Song IMO.

Defensively he's better, but he doesn't offer much else.

I don't think Wenger would ever buy just a destroyer in the midfield. The way we play necessitates someone who is comfortable in possession and with keeping the ball moving quickly. If we became a more rigid and pragmatic team, he'd be useful, but under Wenger someone like him would be odd.

Ollie the Optimist
15-08-2012, 09:47 PM
juventus have signed llorente for 27 million accorinding to @youngunsblog

sack wenger, blow up the emirates etc etc

McNamara That Ghost...
15-08-2012, 09:51 PM
Oh god. :(

Cripps_orig
15-08-2012, 09:52 PM
Chamakh is RVPs replacement

Boss
15-08-2012, 09:54 PM
Llorente is quite overrated on here, he's hardly been prolific in a far weaker league.

Time for us to re-sign the main man, the legend, the beauty that is Thierry Henry.

Master Splinter
15-08-2012, 09:56 PM
I think you missed the bit where Maccy went all-out muppet.

Anyway, I think Grant Holt Week (also known as GH Week) starts now.

KSE Comedy Club
15-08-2012, 09:57 PM
The mirror is saying that javier Hernandez could be coming our way.

Cripps_orig
15-08-2012, 09:57 PM
Hes got 15-20 goals for a shite club that wont create many chances

With us, we're a shite club but we do create chances

Cripps_orig
15-08-2012, 09:58 PM
The mirror is saying that javier Hernandez could be coming our way.

Forgot about him

Wouldnt mind him

GP
15-08-2012, 09:59 PM
I think you missed the bit where Maccy went all-out muppet.

Anyway, I think Grant Holt Week (also known as GH Week) starts now.

If we sign Holt I will stop Posting

as GP and only use one of my other accounts.

Master Splinter
15-08-2012, 10:00 PM
If we sign Holt I will stop Posting

as GP and only use one of my other accounts.

I prefer your Ach account anyway.

KSE Comedy Club
15-08-2012, 10:02 PM
Forgot about him

Wouldnt mind him
He seemed fairly good from what I remember of him.

Ultimately not gonna happen though as he wants to stay at utd.

GP
15-08-2012, 10:02 PM
I prefer your Ach account anyway.

No one does

KSE Comedy Club
15-08-2012, 10:14 PM
Spanish media are claiming that llorente to juve is false.

Juventus have only bid £12.5m and Bilbao want closer to £20m.

They also claim that they still expect him to sign for arsenal.

:popcorn:

Marc Overmars
15-08-2012, 10:17 PM
If we sign Llorente I will change my name to 'iamafuckwad' for a week.

McNamara That Ghost...
15-08-2012, 10:18 PM
Llorente is quite overrated on here, he's hardly been prolific in a far weaker league.

Time for us to re-sign the main man, the legend, the beauty that is Thierry Henry.

He has scored decent amounts in fairness and it really isn't a far weaker league.

In any case, FL week is back on!

Just after Falcao joins.

And Walters.

KSE Comedy Club
15-08-2012, 10:18 PM

Now now, MO, stay calm, don't do anything hasty.

GP
15-08-2012, 10:19 PM

If we sign Llorente I'll stop posting from my Joker and MS accounts.

Marc Overmars
15-08-2012, 10:25 PM
Now now, MO, stay calm, don't do anything hasty.

I'd seriously rate Wenget if he went out and got him, but it won't happen. He's bound to have a few clubs after him as well given he's essentially pulled an RVP on Bilbao.

cheesy bites
15-08-2012, 10:38 PM
Has everyone forgotten that Emile Heskey is a free ag...fuck it I can't even finish the joke. This is a sad time to be a gooner :crying:

Japan Shaking All Over
15-08-2012, 10:39 PM
RvP and Song go, we must get in replacements with the striker being lower in priority. . .Wenger said before that we are not desperate for a CM but with Alex gone that can no longer be the case. . .can see us getting MVila

Robin going means we do need another striker, Llorente would be great but would Wenger be crazy to include Hernadez in any deal for RvP? Think not but cant see SAF going for it. . .bit late now as we have held out for so long. . .20+ should go straight on Llorente

Grebbo
15-08-2012, 11:22 PM
It's a pity we missed out on Sahin - excellent player. Liverpool have done very well to get him.

KSE Comedy Club
15-08-2012, 11:30 PM
It's a pity we missed out on Sahin - excellent player. Liverpool have done very well to get him.

They haven't got him yet.

It's still all up in the air.

Grebbo
15-08-2012, 11:30 PM
Nah it's a done deal

KSE Comedy Club
16-08-2012, 12:31 AM
Ah well, seems as though pool will announce the deal tomorrow.

So, who's next on the list :shrug:

fakeyank
16-08-2012, 01:47 AM
Yo Momma

Master Splinter
16-08-2012, 01:47 AM
So, who's next on the list :shrug:

http://www.footballviews.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/Grant-Holt-2012.jpg

http://i.telegraph.co.uk/multimedia/archive/01730/stoke_1730548c.jpg

Double swoop tbh.

Japan Shaking All Over
16-08-2012, 02:39 AM
They haven't got him yet.

It's still all up in the air.

Reading around and he does seem off to 'pool
That sucks, thought this guy would be ideal for us, talk was that Real did not want to put a biy option in the contract but they seem to have done just that for the scousers. . .other talk is that we didnt want yo pay as much of his wages as they are willing to do, which sounds about right

Our CL place was not enough to convince him, bit of a bummer but talk about a vuy who is shit at making decisions! First signs a lifers deal to sit on the bench at Real and then picks Liverpool (sorry Suarez mate!)

hobson's choice
16-08-2012, 03:35 AM
Our CL place was not enough to convince him, bit of a bummer but talk about a vuy who is shit at making decisions! First signs a lifers deal to sit on the bench at Real and then picks Liverpool (sorry Suarez mate!)

Basically, dude seems like an idiot.

Marc Overmars
16-08-2012, 07:34 AM
It might have been a case of Real Madrid not wanting to loan him to another club in the CL.

Hopefully we have another target or 2 in mind anyway.

AKBapologist
16-08-2012, 07:40 AM
Mirallas confirmed he's off to everton, as they could garrentee playing time.

I_Killed_Kenny
16-08-2012, 07:48 AM
tbh i think we can forget about signing a striker. Pods, giroud will be the main 2. Then i can see him convincing theo to stay by saying he is back up striker. and then he has played gervinho through the middle a bit during preseason so he has options up front. Not to mention, chamack and arshavin if they dont move. I have given up on thoughts of a striker coming in

McNamara That Ghost...
16-08-2012, 08:25 AM
Mirallas confirmed he's off to everton, as they could garrentee playing time.

From the quotes SSN show, he doesn't know if he'll be playing in England or Greece next season, yet.

Power n Glory
16-08-2012, 08:38 AM
Wenger was never going to spend over £10m on a striker like Giroud to play back up to RVP. It confirms early suspicions and you've now got to wonder what Gaz and Wenger said to RVP during that meeting. The fact that we sold to the highest bidder and paid no attention to the fact that we just sold our top scorer, last season's Prem top scorer, PFA Player of the Year to the team that finished just above us in the league is shocking. It confirms that this club has no ambition and I'm pretty sure RVP got that impression from his meeting. If Man United manage to win the league this year....:fury: