PDA

View Full Version : Super Super Quality Transfer Speculation & Shit

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 28 29

Marc Overmars
29-08-2012, 10:58 AM
Every player is replaceable but we're not going to get sufficient quality in within 48 hours, so there's little point in selling.

McNamara That Ghost...
29-08-2012, 10:59 AM
Indeed and with the tax for an English player we'd make that money back anyway, probably. Plus he wouldn't be the only one sold next summer in any case, unless the new TV deals mean we won't have to operate in that way. :pray:

Xhaka Can’t
29-08-2012, 10:59 AM
we rely on technical footballers and unfortunately theo isn't one. as you say- comfortability, technical prowess and intelligence is something we require from all our players and you could argue theo has none of that. everytime he gets the ball i get the feeling he doesn't really know what he's going to do with it. for example when nani gets the ball, you can see he's instantly thinking 'ill take this defender on and cross the ball to the far post'. there's a degree of coordination in his play instead of instant panic. when becks receives the ball, he's already scanned the pitch to see who's free so he can play a 30 yard pass to his teammate. there's that sense of organised thinking once again. unfortunately i dont get that feeling with theo. its almost as if he thinks 'ive just got the ball so ill run into space and see what happens'. there's no systematic plan of attack or conviction in his play. if he takes a defender on he quickly panics and looks up, hoping he can pass to a teammate. does he really know how to take a defender on? how to turn a defender inside out? how to leave him on his arse? the top wingers in the league do but theo's game is all over the place. there's been plenty of times ive seen him try take players on and bottle it, simply to turn around and play a 2 yard pass to a teammate. that tells me he doesn't really know what he wants to do with the ball and that there's no structured thought process to his attacks.

i bet deep down he wishes he went to united. i knoq its all opinion but i think he would have thrived under fergie because fergie's a manager who wouldn't take half hearted performances. he would have bulked theo up more like he done with ronaldo and had a more hands on approach to his play. wenger is very much a manager that likes to sit back and let the player learn himself. it worked with song, van persie and koscielny, but it hasn't with theo. theo needs a manager to help him when he makes the wrong decisions, a manager to guide him properly. he needs to stay behind in training sessions with one of the youth team defenders and practise his dribbling. it's a shame cause by now i expected him to become a world beater but i don't mind if he leaves. adios amigo.

:gp:

Sent from my HTC One S using Tapatalk 2

Boss
29-08-2012, 11:00 AM
Zenit to buy Hulk for 50M euros

http://m.espn.go.com/soccer/story?storyId=1145519&leagueTag=ENG.1&lang=EN&leagueTag=ENG.1&top

4-3-3
29-08-2012, 11:03 AM
And if he doesn't live up to wages then we can sell him without the pressure. We can go one or two seasons with him earning £100k. It's not as if we won't be able to sell him off after either. He's not a Denilson or Bendtner.

Gareth bale has just signed a contract last week, 5yrs -75k/week.. its the same opening offer arsenal presented to theos people and they rejected it. sell him asap. he is not a half a player bale is.go get sinclair for 6mil and we are ready to go..he dont want to stay at arsenal any more.

Power n Glory
29-08-2012, 11:04 AM
we rely on technical footballers and unfortunately theo isn't one. as you say- comfortability, technical prowess and intelligence is something we require from all our players and you could argue theo has none of that. everytime he gets the ball i get the feeling he doesn't really know what he's going to do with it. for example when nani gets the ball, you can see he's instantly thinking 'ill take this defender on and cross the ball to the far post'. there's a degree of coordination in his play instead of instant panic. when becks receives the ball, he's already scanned the pitch to see who's free so he can play a 30 yard pass to his teammate. there's that sense of organised thinking once again. unfortunately i dont get that feeling with theo. its almost as if he thinks 'ive just got the ball so ill run into space and see what happens'. there's no systematic plan of attack or conviction in his play. if he takes a defender on he quickly panics and looks up, hoping he can pass to a teammate. does he really know how to take a defender on? how to turn a defender inside out? how to leave him on his arse? the top wingers in the league do but theo's game is all over the place. there's been plenty of times ive seen him try take players on and bottle it, simply to turn around and play a 2 yard pass to a teammate. that tells me he doesn't really know what he wants to do with the ball and that there's no structured thought process to his attacks.

i bet deep down he wishes he went to united. i knoq its all opinion but i think he would have thrived under fergie because fergie's a manager who wouldn't take half hearted performances. he would have bulked theo up more like he done with ronaldo and had a more hands on approach to his play. wenger is very much a manager that likes to sit back and let the player learn himself. it worked with song, van persie and koscielny, but it hasn't with theo. theo needs a manager to help him when he makes the wrong decisions, a manager to guide him properly. he needs to stay behind in training sessions with one of the youth team defenders and practise his dribbling. it's a shame cause by now i expected him to become a world beater but i don't mind if he leaves. adios amigo.

I agree with some of that. But I've never seen a player turn from an average dribbler to a great one. Theo is a rubbish at beating his man and he's all about quick and sudden movement. He never varies his tempo like how you see Robben do and then suddenly go for pace to take his man. He can't do it and it's down to the fact that he has a strikers instinct. Around the box, that sudden and quick touch and movement will easily scare and beat centre backs but when doubled teamed, he has nothing. Wenger should stick to his original plan and play him as a striker. A striker only needs an inch on a defender to make room for his shot.

Joker
29-08-2012, 11:14 AM
None of the strategizing here matters. We are a player trading and revenue generating entity with the sole objective of delivering growth in the value of shares.

This. And it's the main reason some fans are getting disillusioned with the owners of our club. What they regard as "success" in the transfer window and the season as a whole is totally detached with what the fans want. And no, the fans don't want us to spend £100M on Messi, it's simply to make better use of our resources, replenish the squad and for once, not to make a profit at the end of the transfer window.

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
29-08-2012, 11:14 AM
I agree with some of that. But I've never seen a player turn from an average dribbler to a great one. Theo is a rubbish at beating his man and he's all about quick and sudden movement. He never varies his tempo like how you see Robben do and then suddenly go for pace to take his man. He can't do it and it's down to the fact that he has a strikers instinct. Around the box, that sudden and quick touch and movement will easily scare and beat centre backs but when doubled teamed, he has nothing. Wenger should stick to his original plan and play him as a striker. A striker only needs an inch on a defender to make room for his shot.

yeah agreed. with theo it's all about space, if you can get him in behind the full back he'll have a field day but now teams shut up shop knowing theo will have a shite game. the problem i have with theo playing up top is that defenders will get tight on him just like they do now, and he'll be completely ineffective as usual. or they'll play a deep line so there's no space in behind. they started doing it to van persie last season by having one centre half and a defensive midfielder tightly marking him everytime he touched the ball and it completely neutralised our attack. if theo played as a striker we would be relying on theo to show a degree of intelligence and open up space on his own, and if the last 6 years have proved anything, it's that he can do neither. what do we do then? play him as a wing back?

Power n Glory
29-08-2012, 11:20 AM
This. And it's the main reason some fans are getting disillusioned with the owners of our club. What they regard as "success" in the transfer window and the season as a whole is totally detached with what the fans want. And no, the fans don't want us to spend £100M on Messi, it's simply to make better use of our resources, replenish the squad and for once, not to make a profit at the end of the transfer window.

Have you read Arseblog today?

It's about the Theo situation.

http://arseblog.com/

The thing is though, Arsenal under Kroenke have shown that they won’t be led by nose or emotionally blackmailed. They will do what they think is the best thing for the club regardless of how it appears in the papers or what the fan reaction might be. Now, I certainly think they could add something of a velvet glove to the iron fist at times, and Kroenke’s continued silence about the direction of the club is a frustration, but should Arsenal allow themselves to be held to ransom by any player? If they wouldn’t countenance it from someone like Robin van Persie I seriously doubt Theo Walcott will be any more successful.

What bollocks is this? With or without Kronke, we've always operated like this and have never bowed to player pressure on contracts. Whose paying this guy to suck Kronke and co off? It's disgusting.

LDG
29-08-2012, 11:22 AM

Pretty much.

Nicely put :good:

Power n Glory
29-08-2012, 11:28 AM
yeah agreed. with theo it's all about space, if you can get him in behind the full back he'll have a field day but now teams shut up shop knowing theo will have a shite game. the problem i have with theo playing up top is that defenders will get tight on him just like they do now, and he'll be completely ineffective as usual. or they'll play a deep line so there's no space in behind. they started doing it to van persie last season by having one centre half and a defensive midfielder tightly marking him everytime he touched the ball and it completely neutralised our attack. if theo played as a striker we would be relying on theo to show a degree of intelligence and open up space on his own, and if the last 6 years have proved anything, it's that he can do neither. what do we do then? play him as a wing back?

He's inteliigent off the ball and if defenders get too close, they could give away fouls in dangerous areas. Also, it's never down to the striker to just create space with his movement, we actually need some service and threats come from wide areas and the centre, which is the problem we're having now.

Niall_Quinn
29-08-2012, 11:45 AM
None of the strategizing here matters. We are a player trading and revenue generating entity with the sole objective of delivering growth in the value of shares.

If offloading Carzola right now went towards achieving that objective, we'd do it.

Correct. It hasn't been about the football for a long, long time. The patterns here suggest intent rather than a series of unfortunate accidents. Wenger will somehow drag another season out of whatever pieces fall once the latest round of profit taking has been concluded.

What's most amazing in terms of these "players" is the apparent freedom of players to leave whenever they please (like it was a standard job) but our inability to get rid of shits who can't do their job. If Chamakh was an accountant he'd have been sacked, because I'm sure he'd make a shit accountant. If he was a bin man he'd be sacked, because I'm sure he'd make a terrible bin man. But he can just sit here and do fuck all and take the money. How has it all become so lopsided in favour of the little whore who strut about pretending to be football players? I suppose you have to factor the insanity of this situation into the decisions made by the board. But it's ever so convenient for them, isn't it. They can flog the silver and cry at the same time.

Niall_Quinn
29-08-2012, 11:49 AM

Agreed. Theo is at his best when he doesn't have time to think. The second he's able to think it all goes to shit. He must be the thickest footballer in the game, so thick he'd be more effective if he was lobotomised.

Joker
29-08-2012, 11:59 AM
Have you read Arseblog today?

It's about the Theo situation.

http://arseblog.com/

What bollocks is this? With or without Kronke, we've always operated like this and have never bowed to player pressure on contracts. Whose paying this guy to suck Kronke and co off? It's disgusting.

:haha: Arseblog has become such a sycophant for the board. He never questions any of the decisions being made by the club hierarchy. When Usmanov came out with that statement after RVP said he wouldn't sign a new contract, his next blog focused purely on anti-Usmanov propaganda, and didn't make a single remark about the validity, or otherwise, of his criticisms of the current board. With regards to our transfer business, he seems completely satisfied that we're losing first team players every summer, which means we have to work to simply maintain squad numbers, rather than replenishing and supplementing the squad with additional quality which is what we should do. It's always player greed according to him, that's the only reason all these players are leaving. He may be happy with us winning the balance sheet trophy, but most of the fans aren't.

Power n Glory
29-08-2012, 12:04 PM
Agreed. Theo is at his best when he doesn't have time to think. The second he's able to think it all goes to shit. He must be the thickest footballer in the game, so thick he'd be more effective if he was lobotomised.

You know the best players don't think about what they're doing, it's just instinct and a split second decision. You should check out player interviews when they talk about great moments.

Niall_Quinn
29-08-2012, 12:09 PM
You know the best players don't think about what they're doing, it's just instinct and a split second decision. You should check out player interviews when they talk about great moments.

Agreed. But for the other 89.9 minutes the great players have a fair idea what's happening on the pitch.

Power n Glory
29-08-2012, 12:13 PM
Agreed. But for the other 89.9 minutes the great players have a fair idea what's happening on the pitch.

The kid comes alive in the final third and that's where he does his best work.

KSE Comedy Club
29-08-2012, 12:23 PM

Which isn't very often.

KSE Comedy Club
29-08-2012, 12:24 PM
And if he doesn't live up to wages then we can sell him without the pressure. We can go one or two seasons with him earning £100k. It's not as if we won't be able to sell him off after either. He's not a Denilson or Bendtner.

I think that probably the best option we have right now tbh.

Unless by some miracle we have someone lined up.

KSE Comedy Club
29-08-2012, 12:30 PM
Also, there is this on twitter, someone has posted a pic of the arsenal shop website this morning.

In the drop down list of player names for the back of the shirt, Cabaye 17 is clearly visible in it.

Looks like a geniuine pic too.

Can some on the pc try and find the link and post it as I can't get it work on the iPad.

Xhaka Can’t
29-08-2012, 12:33 PM
Got as far as Rooney and gave up looking.

KSE Comedy Club
29-08-2012, 12:34 PM
Got as far as Rooney and gave up looking.
:lol:

Xhaka Can’t
29-08-2012, 12:36 PM
Nah mate, it aint there.

Marc Overmars
29-08-2012, 12:38 PM
I would have Cabaye here. Technically good and he's a niggly little bastard as well. We'd have to pay some serious bucks for him though which I don't see happening.

I reckon it will be M'Vila or nowt.

Joker
29-08-2012, 12:47 PM
http://p.twimg.com/A1dt9VqCIAAEmsb.jpg:large

Xhaka Can’t
29-08-2012, 12:50 PM
The Arsenal shop kit builder looks nothing like that.

Marc Overmars
29-08-2012, 12:51 PM
Probably WUMger messing around in the offices.

toothless gibbon
29-08-2012, 01:00 PM
yes it does.

Bergkampwonderland10
29-08-2012, 01:02 PM
Well he should come alive in the final third as he's not a defender. To be fair...on his day he looks awesome...give him a bit of confidence and he's away...but I think a lot of people are pointing out his inconsistency which even he himself admits he has. Don't want to lose him....but if he doesn't want to sign a new contract on 75k or 100k whatever...then there are others who will.

LDG
29-08-2012, 01:19 PM
Also, there is this on twitter, someone has posted a pic of the arsenal shop website this morning.

In the drop down list of player names for the back of the shirt, Cabaye 17 is clearly visible in it.

Looks like a geniuine pic too.

Can some on the pc try and find the link and post it as I can't get it work on the iPad.

It's where "Benders 52" is in the drop-down menu at this moment....

Japan Shaking All Over
29-08-2012, 01:44 PM
Why did Scott Sinclair's deal fall through?

Jimmy Valmer
29-08-2012, 01:59 PM
Valuation?

If Theo is off then Sinclair would be a good replacement.

Jimmy Valmer
29-08-2012, 02:02 PM
I would have Cabaye here. Technically good and he's a niggly little bastard as well. We'd have to pay some serious bucks for him though which I don't see happening.

I reckon it will be M'Vila or nowt.

Dunno man, I fink this Cabaye link has some legs.

For me he is the best central midfielder in the PL outside the top 4 bar Gerrard and Fellaini so he would be a welcome addition.

Grebbo
29-08-2012, 02:08 PM
Why did Scott Sinclair's deal fall through?

I think it was because Chelsea have a sell on clause % and Swansea wanted City to pay it and not them.

Grebbo
29-08-2012, 02:09 PM
We have no chance of buying Cabaye with 2 days of the window remaining.

The Ogg Monster
29-08-2012, 02:15 PM

No, players interviews prove they just dont think, period.

fakeyank
29-08-2012, 02:18 PM
We are getting Cabaye? :lol:

Our club actually got cabbage... got mistaken for a player. Once we have made profit in the transfer window.. we dont buy players any more! :cool:

LDG
29-08-2012, 02:28 PM
We are getting Cabaye? :lol:

Our club actually got cabbage... got mistaken for a player. Once we have made profit in the transfer window.. we dont buy players any more! :cool:

Love your sig mate :haha:

Classic AW :bow:

Niall_Quinn
29-08-2012, 02:34 PM
All those other clubs, Utd, City, the Chavs, can look at our books and keep on dreaming. Undoubtedly we are the best investment in world football. The absolute, undisputed champions - year after year. All those other also-rans will be forever in our shadow. We are the epitome of the modern game. A club that will be talked about in board meetings for years to come.

Xhaka Can’t
29-08-2012, 02:40 PM
yes it does.

It does not.

http://img.tapatalk.com/5e743359-29fe-ad7a.jpg

LDG
29-08-2012, 02:47 PM
Nice office

Marc Overmars
29-08-2012, 02:49 PM
This takes you to where the supposed Cabaye screenshot was taken.

http://arsenaldirect.arsenal.com/home-kit/adult-201214-ss-home-shirt/invt/479302r/

GP
29-08-2012, 02:50 PM
This takes you to where the supposed Cabaye screenshot was taken.

http://arsenaldirect.arsenal.com/home-kit/adult-201214-ss-home-shirt/invt/479302r/

It's fake.
Unless we've signed these guys too...

https://twitter.com/NUFCrumours/status/240793079509032960/photo/1/large

fakeyank
29-08-2012, 02:56 PM
It's fake.

Its on twatter, so got to be true

Also, AMCanden for being terribly wrong about Theo :pal: :lol:

Olivier's xmas twist
29-08-2012, 02:59 PM
Carzolas body language already suggests that he may have made a mistake signing for us. We will kill him, just as we have killed Wilshire.

Id not read too much into that

Where did all this Theo going shit start from?

I cant find it anywhere on BBC, Sky Sports and most Importantly Goal.com

Twitter

Olivier's xmas twist
29-08-2012, 02:59 PM
Its on twatter, so got to be true

Also, AMCanden for being terribly wrong about Theo :pal: :lol:

You mean AFC Camden.

GP
29-08-2012, 03:01 PM
You mean AFC Camden.

AFCamden

I_Killed_Kenny
29-08-2012, 03:02 PM
It's fake.

billy the fish!!!! fucking legend!

Olivier's xmas twist
29-08-2012, 03:05 PM
AFCamden

LOL.

LDG
29-08-2012, 03:21 PM
:haha:

Olivier's xmas twist
29-08-2012, 03:26 PM
Dembele passes medical at spuds.

AKBapologist
29-08-2012, 03:50 PM
EXCLUSIVE: Arsenal have agreed a €8.5million deal to sign Shakhtar Donetsk striker Dentinho. More on http://t.co/xA2BRn5F soon -- Ivo Kfouri (@IvoKfouriLANCE)

sent from a fone

Olivier's xmas twist
29-08-2012, 03:52 PM
Bayern Munich have announced they have agreed a contract with Athletic Bilbao's Spanish star Javi Martinez.

sky sports website.

McNamara That Ghost...
29-08-2012, 04:01 PM
Hurry up 11pm on Friday.

fakeyank
29-08-2012, 04:21 PM
EXCLUSIVE: Arsenal have agreed a €8.5million deal to sign Shakhtar Donetsk striker Dentinho. More on http://t.co/xA2BRn5F soon -- Ivo Kfouri (@IvoKfouriLANCE)

sent from a fone

English please.. Ktnx

LDG
29-08-2012, 04:25 PM
Big bust up on Twatter about who knows what :haha:

This is getting fuckin stupid.

And people wonder why Arsenal try and do business behind closed doors :lol:

4-3-3
29-08-2012, 04:27 PM
English please.. Ktnx

Maybe arsenal kiev.

Marc Overmars
29-08-2012, 04:33 PM

sent from a fone

No idea who he is but if this means getting rid of Chakma and Park, good stuff.

Marc Overmars
29-08-2012, 04:53 PM
QPR are in talks with Real Madrid to sign Granero. :wacko:

I_Killed_Kenny
29-08-2012, 04:57 PM
[QUOTE=LDG;184564]Big bust up on Twatter about who knows what :haha:

And people wonder why Arsenal try and do business behind closed doors :lol:[/QUO

A twatfight! brilliant! Who's twat is bigger than who's

Asthmatic Kitty
29-08-2012, 04:57 PM

sent from a fone

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/d/dc/Dentinho1.jpeg

I_Killed_Kenny
29-08-2012, 04:58 PM

They are takin the piss now! Why dont they sign some of our players ffs

4-3-3
29-08-2012, 04:59 PM

we have bn linked with the kid for the past 3yrs i think .

http://arsenalanalysis.blogspot.dk/2008/01/brazilian-wonder-kid-dentinho-arsenal.html

Asthmatic Kitty
29-08-2012, 05:00 PM
new article

http://gossip.ladyarse.com/2012/08/29/brazilian-reporter-arsenal-agree-deal-for-striker-could-be-fake/

McNamara That Ghost...

He looks like Pepe and Cashley's love child.

McNamara That Ghost...

They're insane.

Ollie the Optimist
29-08-2012, 05:06 PM
Big bust up on Twatter about who knows what :haha:

And people wonder why Arsenal try and do business behind closed doors :lol:

think it was about who was more crediable with infomation, and one of them who has been saying we will sign mvila the whole summer said something about a contact who left arsenal three years ago and he didnt know

Marc Overmars
29-08-2012, 05:07 PM
They're insane.

I hope there's another 4 year plan film on the way.

McNamara That Ghost...
29-08-2012, 05:09 PM
Year 4: Find buyers before administration kicks in.

Seymour Butts
29-08-2012, 05:11 PM

Dont know much about him but do recall both us and Mancs being linked with him previously. Also remember Real Madrid being linked with him at same time

Marc Overmars
29-08-2012, 05:13 PM
QPR's wage bill must be absolutley huge with all these high profile signings.

Cripps_orig
29-08-2012, 05:31 PM
Twitter
And from that, people think Theos off?

Wtf?

KSE Comedy Club
29-08-2012, 05:37 PM
Ssn saying theo is staying for now after agreeing a short term deal.

It's on the iPhone app by the way.

Cripps_orig
29-08-2012, 05:39 PM
Twitter :haha:

Cant believe the clueless on here actually believed that off Twitter :haha:

Bergkampwonderland10
29-08-2012, 05:39 PM
He looks like Pepe and Cashley's love child.
lol!

Shaqiri Is Boss
29-08-2012, 05:40 PM
To be fair I think The Times were the first ones to report it.

Not that that necessarily makes it true.

Marc Overmars
29-08-2012, 05:41 PM

Cant believe the clueless on here actually believed that off Twitter :haha:

He has rejected the clubs first offer of a contract though, that's what the comotion is about. Just a case of whether the club is prepared to give him what he wants, or accept the inevitable Friday night bid from City...

Marc Overmars
29-08-2012, 05:42 PM
https://p.twimg.com/A1aG_iyCAAAotQI.jpg:large

Olivier's xmas twist
29-08-2012, 05:43 PM
And from that, people think Theos off?

Wtf?

Yes can you effing belive it AFC Camden getting to em again.

Olivier's xmas twist
29-08-2012, 05:44 PM

Yep seen this. Guess he will be sold in Jan.

Olivier's xmas twist
29-08-2012, 05:47 PM
Javi Martines joins Bayern on 5 year deal

Rooney rules out leaving the mancs

Barton having medical atMarseille.

http://www1.skysports.com/transfer-centre/clockwatch

Cripps_orig
29-08-2012, 05:47 PM
He has rejected the clubs first offer of a contract though, that's what the comotion is about. Just a case of whether the club is prepared to give him what he wants, or accept the inevitable Friday night bid from City...

What was the first offer? I doubt anyone actually knows but history suggests its a bit shit cos well Board and Wenger are tight ****s

Good on Theo for sticking to his guns.

He deserves £100k a week. Dont think anyone on here would dispute that unless they want to be a WUM. His quality and talent cant be questioned.

Of course we dont even know if he has asked for that much and history suggests he hasnt as hes a level headed guy who has never been gotten too big for his boots like a certain billy big bollocked **** who left.

Hope Theo stays

Cripps_orig
29-08-2012, 05:49 PM
Yes can you effing belive it AFC Camden getting to em again.

AFCamden :haha:

Has he ever been right?

You'd think people on here would wise up

Cripps_orig
29-08-2012, 05:54 PM
Don't remember Theo bagging too many goals last season to be fair...and his assist rate was only so high because Van Persie hit a purple patch. In fact has Walcott ever got more than 9 goals in one season? I am a fan of his (on his day especially) but it's pretty unforgivable the way he and his agents (his dad) have behaved after everything we've done for him...like Song, and Hleb he's perhaps been given the most leeway by Wenger of any player in the top half of the premiership. He wants out simple. No pat on the back for that I'm afraid - doesn't matter where he goes. 75k-80k is more than fair when you consider Arteta took a pay cut to play for us last season from 80-70K and I'm pretty sure Arteta was the slightly more important player. I reckon Theo is about to hit a peak...a bit like Aaron Lennon did for Spurs that season...he was pretty dismal at Leeds and then suddenly hit 24/25yrs old and became consistently good. 12million is what we paid Southhampton for him so anything less than 18million would be a disastrous sale imo. But looks like yet again we have no choice. Sign Sinclair, Navas, Dempsey, Tiote and we'll have an improved team imo.

Hes got in to double figures the last 2 seasons ....:blink:

And maybe RVPs goal record was so high cos he had Theo laying them on a plate for him. Ridiculous argument that is.

Get Sinclair and sell Theo and we have an improved? Theo is at least 78 million times better and thats being kind on Sinclair

Marc Overmars
29-08-2012, 05:54 PM
What was the first offer? I doubt anyone actually knows but history suggests its a bit shit cos well Board and Wenger are tight ****s

Good on Theo for sticking to his guns.

He deserves £100k a week. Dont think anyone on here would dispute that unless they want to be a WUM. His quality and talent cant be questioned.

Of course we dont even know if he has asked for that much and history suggests he hasnt as hes a level headed guy who has never been gotten too big for his boots like a certain billy big bollocked **** who left.

Hope Theo stays

Offer was reportedly 75k but he wants 100. I'd just give him what he wants and be done with it, not worth haggling with the window about to close and season underway. Seems like he wants to stay which is refreshing to know, down to the club now to do the right thing.

Cripps_orig
29-08-2012, 05:55 PM
Offer was reportedly 75k but he wants 100. I'd just give him what he wants and be done with it, not worth haggling with the window about to close and season underway. Seems like he wants to stay which is refreshing to know, down to the club now to do the right thing.

Pretty much

Its as simple as that

Olivier's xmas twist
29-08-2012, 05:56 PM
Sky Sports Italia are claiming that Dimitar Berbatov has rejected Fiorentina, and a late bid from Fulham, to agree a move to Juventus. Fiorentina are now being linked with Nicklas Bendtner

Sky Sports Italia

Cripps_orig
29-08-2012, 05:57 PM
Swap with Jovetic

AKBapologist
29-08-2012, 06:02 PM
If things stay as they are this transfer window will be worse than the last. I can already see Cazorla getting ready to fuck of to city the moment the gets a wink from mancini.

What the fuck is the point.

sent from a fone

GP
29-08-2012, 06:05 PM
Man up

Olivier's xmas twist
29-08-2012, 06:11 PM

As much as id not care if he left, it would be silly to sell now so late witth no chance of a replacment. Lets hop the statement the club as put out is true and not something else to mug of the fans and him sold come friday deadline.

Olivier's xmas twist
29-08-2012, 06:20 PM
Man up

:gp:

When did AKB turn into Joker.

KSE Comedy Club
29-08-2012, 06:38 PM
Let's all stop being depressed for a moment and try and lighten the mood.

Everyone try and predict who we will sign by 11pm Friday.

I reckon:
Mvila
Dempsey
Nappy bang mbia.

AKBapologist
29-08-2012, 06:48 PM
10'ner bet says none of that lot will sign.

sent from a fone

Master Splinter
29-08-2012, 06:49 PM
Sebastien Frey
Steven N'Zonzi
Salomon Kalou
Radamel Falcao García Zárate

I_Killed_Kenny
29-08-2012, 06:52 PM
No one
No one
No one

AKBapologist
29-08-2012, 06:54 PM
Messi
Ronaldo
Zidane
:shrugs:

sent from a fone

Marc Overmars
Sebastien Frey. :lol:

Can't believe he's only 32.

GP
Frankcesc Lampregas

Olivier's xmas twist
29-08-2012, 07:07 PM
Brazilian number one Julio Cesar has agreed a four-year deal at Loftus Road. #QPR
by OfficialQPR via twitter 7:56 PM

AKBapologist
29-08-2012, 07:09 PM
Wtf?

sent from a fone

Olivier's xmas twist
29-08-2012, 07:12 PM
Arsenal have been backed to sign Athletic Bilbao striker Fernando Llorente as speculation continues that the Gunners will bring in another forward before Friday's transfer deadline.

Arsenal have signed Olivier Giroud and Lukas Podolski this summer, but manager Arsene Wenger recently saw last season's top scorer Robin van Persie quit the club to join Manchester United.

Llorente has been on Arsenal's radar for some time, although the Gunners face competition from a number of clubs should they firm up their interest in the 27-year-old, with Chelsea, Juventus, Manchester City, and Tottenham all thought to be keen.

But bookmakers Sky Bet on Wednesday evening reported plenty of support for Arsenal to win the race to sign Llorente and as a result slashed his odds from 7/1 to 7/2 to be an Arsenal player before the summer transfer window closes.

The Spain international has just one year left on his current deal at San Mames, and his agent last week stated that two Premier League clubs - one from London and one from Manchester - had expressed an interest in signing the striker.

Athletic Bilbao insist a deal will only happen should Llorente's €36million buy-out clause be met.

"We have always said that a player can only leave the club on two conditions. Either the club no longer wants the player or another club pays their buy-out clause, and neither of those conditions have been met," Bilbao president Josu Urrutia told Canal Plus.

And he insisted: "We have not held negotiations for Llorente. We have said what we think and the rumours are of no interest to us."

Wenger has already confirmed he is interested in signing a defender and a midfielder before the transfer deadline.

The summer transfer window closes at 23:00 BST on Friday.

http://www.crunchsports.com/category/Soccer/Arsenal-FC-backed-to-sign-Fernando-Llorente-before-transfer-deadline-201208290043/

Marc Overmars
29-08-2012, 07:31 PM
Crunch Sports. :lol:

What the hell?

Olivier's xmas twist
29-08-2012, 07:41 PM

What the hell?

I know :lol: but had to post it.

Niall_Quinn
29-08-2012, 07:51 PM

What the hell?

Crunch is usually very accurate and often breaks the news well before anyone else. I know the bloke who runs it, decent guy.

AKBapologist
29-08-2012, 07:55 PM
Break what news? That sky bet have reduced the odds of llorente to arsenal?

Not even worth linking tbh.

sent from a fone

GP
29-08-2012, 07:59 PM

What the hell?

Better than goal.com

Grebbo
29-08-2012, 08:08 PM
Crunch is usually very accurate and often breaks the news well before anyone else. I know the bloke who runs it, decent guy.

Is his name Captain?

Llorente.... neeeeeeever gonna happen

Xhaka Can’t
29-08-2012, 08:15 PM
Is his name Captain?

Ba-dum, tish!

KSE Comedy Club
29-08-2012, 09:21 PM
Twitter now saying that we are closer than ever to signing cabaye and mvila is a backup plan.

Cripps_orig
29-08-2012, 09:22 PM
Looks like no Cabaye

Mvila is an outside bet

Marc Overmars
29-08-2012, 09:29 PM
Twitter now saying that we are closer than ever to signing cabaye and mvila is a backup plan.

Get both and sell Diaby.

Niall_Quinn
29-08-2012, 09:52 PM
Is his name Captain?

Llorente.... neeeeeeever gonna happen

Yes, it's happening. If Captain Crunch says so then it's a cert.

Niall_Quinn
29-08-2012, 09:52 PM
Get both and sell Diaby.

Buy neither, kill Diaby and spend all the money on rent boys for the fag board.

Xhaka Can’t
29-08-2012, 09:58 PM
Rhodes to Blackeye for £8m.

Dennis Bendtner
29-08-2012, 10:02 PM
Stoke offer £5m for Charlie Adam. :lol:

Fat fuck.

Japan Shaking All Over
29-08-2012, 10:13 PM
Sebastien Frey. :lol:

Can't believe he's only 32.

Yeah and we've been linked with him every year of those 32

Japan Shaking All Over
29-08-2012, 10:16 PM

He's all heart. . .

Olivier's xmas twist
29-08-2012, 10:18 PM
He's all heart. . .

AKBapologist
29-08-2012, 10:36 PM
John Cross reckons are signing no body else this week...

sent from a fone

hobson's choice
29-08-2012, 10:36 PM
Swansea getting Pablo Hernandez, that's a very good signing for them.

And what in the hell is going at QPR

Olivier's xmas twist
29-08-2012, 10:39 PM

sent from a fone

John Cross chats rubbish.

Marc Overmars
29-08-2012, 10:41 PM

sent from a fone

Wouldn't surprise me.

KSE Comedy Club
29-08-2012, 10:57 PM

sent from a fone
He claims to have inside knowledge of the club all the time when really he hasn't got a fucking clue and just guesses.

Last info I heard after the Walcott info leak is that the club are on media lockdown as they don't want any of their discussions made public.

Olivier's xmas twist
29-08-2012, 11:01 PM
Manchester City's Edin Dzeko, 26, has emerged as a shock transfer target for Arsenal, as a potential makeweight in a deal taking Theo Walcott the other way.

Full story: The Metro

http://www.metro.co.uk/sport/football/910021-edin-dzeko-emerges-as-potential-makeweight-in-theo-walcott-city-deal#ixzz24x4g9o3E

Olivier's xmas twist
29-08-2012, 11:04 PM
Juventus and Fiorentina have confirmed Dimitar Berbatov has rejected moves to the club amid reports he is poised to join Fulham.

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/12691/8032163/Berbatov-snubs-Italian-duo

AKBapologist
29-08-2012, 11:07 PM
Old.

Wenger et all were watching the next gen series. Reminds me of the season he spent transfer deadline day at a reserve's match.

"Super super quality"

Just when you thought he had changed.

sent from a fone

KSE Comedy Club
29-08-2012, 11:09 PM
Full story: The Metro

http://www.metro.co.uk/sport/football/910021-edin-dzeko-emerges-as-potential-makeweight-in-theo-walcott-city-deal#ixzz24x4g9o3E
That story's a bit behind isn't it?

KSE Comedy Club
29-08-2012, 11:10 PM
Old.

Wenger et all were watching the next gen series. Reminds me of the season he spent transfer deadline day at a reserve's match.

"Super super quality"

sent from a fone

They weren't there all day you know.

KSE Comedy Club
29-08-2012, 11:12 PM
Whatever happens, we are still 2 players short - minimum.

I expect us to at the very least, get in 2 new signings.

It is pathetic mismanagement if we don't.

KSE Comedy Club
29-08-2012, 11:22 PM
Apparently our chief scout Steve Rowley has asked for all the scouting reports on clint dempsey.

We are expected to make a deadline day bid.

Could be Dempsey and Cabaye/Mvila in on deadline day.

Cripps_orig
29-08-2012, 11:23 PM
Apparently our chief scout Steve Rowley has asked for all the scouting reports on clint dempsey.

We are expected to make a deadline day bid.

Could be Dempsey and Cabaye/Mvila in on deadline day.
Link?

KSE Comedy Club
29-08-2012, 11:24 PM

sent from a fone

Its also Gary Jacob saying it.

But reading further tweets from Jacob, he goes on to say that he's not heard anything and he's not convinced we'll buy :rolleyes:

I wouldn't be surprised if we signed no one else, in fact I'll be pretty fucked off, but I'm not gonna listen to these twats who really don't have any fucking clue what business we are or aren't doing.

KSE Comedy Club
29-08-2012, 11:28 PM
Link?

I can't mate. It's more twitter bollocks and rumour.

The only tiny bit of credibility it has is that it's been posted by an unofficial arsenal news type account :shrug:

It's been posted by @northbanklower.

His bio says he's a season ticker holder with solid AFC contacts. He is not an ITK type but likes to get news to gooners before it hits the press, bullshit free.

So again :shrug:

Cripps_orig
29-08-2012, 11:29 PM
Oh in that case

Although i know someone whos only reason for creating a Twit account was so he can see all the transfer shit on and during the run to deadline day

KSE Comedy Club
29-08-2012, 11:35 PM
Oh in that case

Although i know someone whos only reason for creating a Twit account was so he can see all the transfer shit on and during the run to deadline dayYeh I know.

He has a website though,

Wearethenorthbank.com.

Oh really, who is that?

KSE Comedy Club
29-08-2012, 11:39 PM
Here's the website

http://wearethenorthbank.com/

It does say they have Sources within the club and on fleet street.

Japan Shaking All Over
30-08-2012, 12:01 AM

That it may be but worth a look, regular football would see this guy score goals. . .would be fine playing up front and would have buried the chance Giourd had against Sunderland!

Not that I dislike Giourd, his attempt gainst Stoke was something only RVP would have tried!

AKBapologist
30-08-2012, 01:38 AM
http://www.dailystar.co.uk/football/view/269731/Kevin-Miralles-two-hot-to-handle-/
Sigh

sent from a fone

Ralpheroo72
30-08-2012, 02:33 AM
http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/4511012/Arsenal-Frank-McLintock-fury-at-club.html

Picture puts it into perspective

Bergkampwonderland10
30-08-2012, 06:43 AM
http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/4511012/Arsenal-Frank-McLintock-fury-at-club.html

And that team won...? One common denominator, they all wanted to piss off for more money!!! Good riddance to all of them!

Marc Overmars
30-08-2012, 07:24 AM
Spurs in talks with Loic Remy.

LDG
30-08-2012, 08:20 AM
Officially pissed off now. Our summer business started so well too.

KSE Comedy Club
30-08-2012, 08:41 AM
There is still time but the lack of any real news is fucking worrying.

There is no excuse for not buying anyone else, we are at least 2 players down from the start of the summer.

Shit needs to be sorted out.

RomfordPele
30-08-2012, 09:07 AM
Frustrating to see berbatov linked to fulham. Quality, quality player.

Grebbo
30-08-2012, 09:18 AM

Whilst we are a fucked up club but I did find this quote a little odd:

“Maybe times have changed in the last three or four years and we’re the also-rans fighting for fourth place behind United, City and Chelsea.

Well yes Frank, that's exactly what has happened. It's not rocket science. Arsenal is like owning a Jaguar and suddenly your neighbours buy Ferraris and Lamborghini's - you're not going to win a race against them.

Letters
30-08-2012, 09:18 AM
And that team won...? One common denominator, they all wanted to piss off for more money!!! Good riddance to all of them!That team didn't win anything but maybe it would have had it been supplemented with a few quality players rather than dismantled and sold off piece by piece.

Syn
30-08-2012, 09:25 AM
Unless we sign Cabage or M'Vila or someone soon, I'm kicking off. I've had enough. I need more options on the bench on PES or I'm not going to win anything.

Olivier's xmas twist
30-08-2012, 09:25 AM

Dunno

Old.

"Super super quality"

sent from a fone

Yesterday was not deadline day so its hardly the same and this is not the thread for this.

Olivier's xmas twist
30-08-2012, 09:27 AM
Whilst we are a fucked up club but I did find this quote a little odd:

Well yes Frank, that's exactly what has happened. It's not rocket science. Arsenal is like owning a Jaguar and suddenly your neighbours buy Ferraris and Lamborghini's - you're not going to win a race against them.

Im sure his words were twisted by the loverly people at the sun. But im guessing most of what he felt though.

Letters
30-08-2012, 09:28 AM
Unless we sign Cabage or M'Vila or someone soon, I'm kicking off. I've had enough. I need more options on the bench on PES or I'm not going to win anything.Get back to work <_<

selassie
30-08-2012, 09:32 AM
I think we're done transfer wise. No more business, we're not linked to anybody, or at least anybody of any note and I think we've left it too late now to sign a player of the quality we really need, we need starters, not "projects" or "veterans"

I actually feel really deflated, why do they always do this to us? :crying:

4-3-3
30-08-2012, 09:37 AM
http://www.footballcourier.com/news/story/1438639/stoke-city-potters-ponder-bendtner-loan.html

:lol: tgstel

Olivier's xmas twist
30-08-2012, 09:44 AM
There is still time but the lack of any real news is fucking worrying.

There is no excuse for not buying anyone else, we are at least 2 players down from the start of the summer.

Shit needs to be sorted out.

Totally agree, Id just rather We were told no one was coming in, instead of the BS from Wenger about players may come in etc. And its clever cause he'll say well id said may not definate.

But im off tommrow so i'll enjoy DLD regardless. Ill be watching SS all day lol.

McNamara That Ghost...
30-08-2012, 09:45 AM
We are in little bit dead/alive period.

Olivier's xmas twist
30-08-2012, 09:46 AM
Sky Sports understands Juventus are turning their attentions to Arsenal's Nicklas Bendtner after missing out on Dimitar Berbatov.
by skysportspeteo 10:41 AM

Olivier's xmas twist
30-08-2012, 09:46 AM
We are in little bit dead/alive period.

Wating period :bow:

Olivier's xmas twist
30-08-2012, 09:49 AM
French daily L'Equipe also claims Hugo Lloris is stalling over a move to Tottenham as he is worried about his losing his spot with the French national team.
by skysportspeteo

Reports in France claim Marseille's Stephane Mbia has travelled to London to undergo a medical at Queens Park Rangers as Joey Barton is poised to make the move in the opposite direction.
by skysportspeteo

Joker
30-08-2012, 09:54 AM
I don't think anyone's coming in either. The profit motive has to be respected, you know.

Dennis Bendtner
30-08-2012, 09:58 AM
Sky Sports understands Juventus are turning their attentions to Arsenal's Nicklas Bendtner after missing out on Dimitar Berbatov.
by skysportspeteo 10:41 AM

Getting rid of Bender, Park, Chamakh and Squillaci would be like new signings. But this Bender to Italy talk seems largely guff.

Olivier's xmas twist
30-08-2012, 09:59 AM
Sky Sports sources understand Manchester City and Swansea have agreed a fee of £6.2million for Scott Sinclair, with the winger set to have a medical with Roberto Mancini's side later today. We will bring you more on this story shortly.

GP
30-08-2012, 10:02 AM
Bendtner has rejected a move to Spartak Moscow.

Just piss off you dick!

McNamara That Ghost...
30-08-2012, 10:03 AM
Somehow Citeh have managed to zoom up to the £30 million spent mark. And on players that bring down the overall strength I'd say, well maybe not Nastasic, he has to be better than Savic.

Marc Overmars
30-08-2012, 10:05 AM
So are we signing anyone then? Or might it kill Diaby.

LDG
30-08-2012, 10:08 AM
Bendtner has rejected a move to Spartak Moscow.

Just piss off you dick!

How long does he have left on his contract?

I bet it's another 5 years or something retarded.

Dennis Bendtner
30-08-2012, 10:08 AM
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/19416223

6th. Sign someone you tight fucks!

LDG
30-08-2012, 10:09 AM
So are we signing anyone then? Or might it kill Diaby.

DO NOT FORGET, AS WELL YOU KNOW!! :angry:

Dennis Bendtner
30-08-2012, 10:12 AM

Signed long-term in 2009. Apparently up in 2014 :lol:. Same boat as Denilson. Now both probably on loan deals til they expire. Useless shits.

Japan Shaking All Over
30-08-2012, 10:12 AM
Fuck. . .started reading a few pages back that nothings happening, linked with no one and was thinking surely by the time I get to the last page that would have changed

Ummm nope!

GP
30-08-2012, 10:13 AM
Shit will get real tomorrow.

Believe.

Olivier's xmas twist
30-08-2012, 10:14 AM

Long Contracts :haha:

We tie up the wrong players ffs.

Marc Overmars
30-08-2012, 10:16 AM
Cabaye or M'Vila otherwise I'm going to cut myself.

Syn
30-08-2012, 10:17 AM
Cabaye or M'Vila otherwise I'm going to cut myself.

Ditto.

McNamara That Ghost...
30-08-2012, 10:19 AM
Hopefully we lose 8-2 in training and it kicks us in to gear.

Arsenal. :bow:

Antidote to Jim White's excitement.

Olivier's xmas twist
30-08-2012, 10:19 AM
Think M'Villa could happen tbh.

Dennis Bendtner
30-08-2012, 10:20 AM
Thing is there is very little noise. WUMger and Gazidis were at the NextGen game yesterday ffs. Ready to unveil Yennaris as our new signing. I doubt Dharmesh or anyone else will even bother standing outside the Emirates tomorrow.

Olivier's xmas twist
30-08-2012, 10:20 AM
Hopefully we lose 8-2 in training and it kicks us in to gear.

Arsenal. :bow:

Antidote to Jim White's excitement.

Arsenal fans know we probs won't sign anyone but will still be glued to deadline day like we will.

:bow: Gooners

Olivier's xmas twist
30-08-2012, 10:21 AM
T I doubt Dharmesh or anyone else will even bother standing outside the Emirates tomorrow.

They never do tbf, can't remember the last time they did.

KSE Comedy Club
30-08-2012, 10:22 AM
It was mentioned on twitter that the club were in media lockdown after the theo talks were leaked. Guess that why were not hearing anything :shrug:

:pray:

Marc Overmars
30-08-2012, 10:22 AM
Llorente time as well tbf.

KSE Comedy Club
30-08-2012, 10:23 AM

Last summer when we signed arteta on DLD.

And when we signed arshavin.

GP
Bryan Swanson on the snow :bow:

KSE Comedy Club
Think M'Villa could happen tbh.

Last thing tomorrow, £10-12m :coffee:

McNamara That Ghost...
30-08-2012, 10:24 AM
Arsenal fans know we probs won't sign anyone but will still be glued to deadline day like we will.

:bow: Gooners

Football. :lol:

Alwful climax.

Dennis Bendtner
30-08-2012, 10:25 AM

You can't have missed these freaks?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1r0KYwx54-U

Olivier's xmas twist
30-08-2012, 10:27 AM
Juventus and Fiorentina have confirmed Dimitar Berbatov has rejected moves to the club amid reports he is poised to join Fulham.
Fiorentina (http://topics.skysports.com/fiorentina/?section=football)http://static.lingospot.com/spot/image/spacer.gif were in pole position to land Berbatov (http://topics.skysports.com/Dimitar+Berbatov/?section=football)http://static.lingospot.com/spot/image/spacer.gif after agreeing a deal with Manchester United (http://topics.skysports.com/Manchester+United/?section=football)http://static.lingospot.com/spot/image/spacer.gif earlier on Wednesday.
The Bulgarian flew out to Italy for talks and a medical at Fiorentina but failed to turn up at Florence after Juventus (http://topics.skysports.com/juventus/?section=football)http://static.lingospot.com/spot/image/spacer.gif hijacked the move for Berbatov.

However, in another twist Berbatov has snubbed a switch to Italian champions after an apparent last-minute move by Fulham. (http://topics.skysports.com/fulham/?section=football)http://static.lingospot.com/spot/image/spacer.gif
Fiorentina have issused a withering statement hitting out Berbatov's conduct following his snub to the Viola.
"ACF Fiorentina announce that the transfer for Dimitar Berbatov definitively collapsed after an agreement with Manchester United had been concluded (with shared exchange of contracts, the first instalment paid and the financial guarantees for the second instalment ratified) and after reaching a verbal agreement with the player over his contract," read a club statement.
"During today the English club had allowed their player the written permission to come to Florence for a medical and to sign his contract.
"The player got on the flight with his agent and on tickets paid for by Fiorentina. He never arrived in Florence.
Outlandish & arrogant"This was down to outlandish and arrogant behaviour of other clubs, who have nothing to do with fair play and sporting ethics that go even beyond the confines of fairness.
"As for the player, apart from his characteristics and his value on the field, at this stage we are happy he didn't come to Fiorentina. He did not deserve our city, to wear our jersey or the values that represent it."
Juventus sporting director, Beppe Marotta, claims Berbatov opted against the move to Juventus as he wants to stay in England for family reasons.
"It hasn't been a refusal. Berbatov prefers remaining in England due to family reasons," Marotta told Sky Sport Italia. "We have contacted him after we knew he refused the Fiorentina move.
"I reject the allegations from Fiorentina. We entered into the business over Berbatov when we heard that he had refused Fiorentina, and in the meantime there was a proposal by Fulham.
"I've spoken with Man Utd's chief officer. We knew their decision to sell Berbatov and we started a normal move.
"We wanted to take advantage from this occasion. The aim is to improve ourselves."
It seems Berbatov is now due to hold talks with Fulham with Martin Jol a big fan of the forward having worked with him during his time in charge of Tottenham.

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11866/8032163/Berbatov-snubs-Italian-duo

Olivier's xmas twist
30-08-2012, 10:30 AM
You can't have missed these freaks?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1r0KYwx54-U

Arsenal Fans :bow:

Ollie and ACH :bow:

Marc Overmars
30-08-2012, 10:32 AM
Berbatov would be quite a signing for Fulham. I still think he's class, great tekkers.

LDG
30-08-2012, 10:32 AM
Ins:

Podolski 11m
Giroud 10m
Cazorla 16m

Total: 37m

Outs:

Vela 4m
Ozyacup 0.5m
Bartley 1m
RVP 24m
Song 15m
Lansbury 1m

Total: 45.5m

Expect us to bit 8.5 million on somebody :popcorn:

http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSqSUDrWMY-tvBEZXNPi-5rNlQcp2KrkJYFPJwXDvQLwEOiIa26

Japan Shaking All Over
30-08-2012, 10:33 AM
Last thing tomorrow, £10-12m :coffee:

Can defo see that happening!
Cabaye less so

Japan Shaking All Over
30-08-2012, 10:38 AM
Ins:

Podolski 11m
Giroud 10m
Cazorla 16m

Outs:

Vela 4m
Ozyacup 0.5m
Bartley 1m
RVP 24mu
Song 15m
Lansbury 1m

http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSqSUDrWMY-tvBEZXNPi-5rNlQcp2KrkJYFPJwXDvQLwEOiIa26

Out of everything this is what gets my goat up the most. . .its not so much that we potentially could lose three first teamers in RvP, Song, Theo maybe, if they dont want to be around then feck off, its not the medsage it sends either, dont care what any Mutha thinks cos we can rectify that by buying in quality. . ,thats an equally strong message

Its were making a feckin profit, this season if any we shoukd be biting the bullet, showing intent, saying we wont be left behind further and that if we have to spunk a bit of cash, if we have to go without then we will, fuck there are a few more deoartures lined up by the looks, we could get close to 15-20mil prof. . .we got two days and we still havent replaced the ones that have left, will leave with bodies let only better quality

LDG
30-08-2012, 10:47 AM
Looking like Chamakh is going to be loan out.

http://www.metro.co.uk/sport/football/910146-marouane-chamakh-to-be-loaned-out-by-arsenal-to-malaga-or-besiktas

from @younggunsblog

This guy seems a decent reporter tbf. Nothing too wild.

Says we're quite quiet at the moment. More about the players going out, than coming in.

@AFCamden saying we've been making enquiries, but nothing firm.

All in all.

:ilt:

Olivier's xmas twist
30-08-2012, 11:10 AM
Out of everything this is what gets my goat up the most. . .its not so much that we potentially could lose three first teamers in RvP, Song, Theo maybe, if they dont want to be around then feck off, its not the medsage it sends either, dont care what any Mutha thinks cos we can rectify that by buying in quality. . ,thats an equally strong message

Its were making a feckin profit, this season if any we shoukd be biting the bullet, showing intent, saying we wont be left behind further and that if we have to spunk a bit of cash, if we have to go without then we will, fuck there are a few more deoartures lined up by the looks, we could get close to 15-20mil prof. . .we got two days and we still havent replaced the ones that have left, will leave with bodies let only better quality

Spot on, where is this We'll well compete from Gazidis, where is this exciting player he promised the fans. just seems like more and more lies.

Worse thing about it is the lies, if the club actually let the fans really know what is going off we'd all be much happier.

Olivier's xmas twist
30-08-2012, 11:14 AM
Reports in Italy claim AC Milan are closing in on the signing of Manchester City midfielder Nigel de Jong with the Dutchman ready to leave the Etihad.
by skysportspeteo 11:38 AM

Joker
30-08-2012, 11:15 AM
I also can't understand why we have to make a profit every transfer window. If that's the case our finances are fucked up more than the club's letting on.

Olivier's xmas twist
30-08-2012, 11:17 AM
Looking like Chamakh is going to be loan out.

http://www.metro.co.uk/sport/football/910146-marouane-chamakh-to-be-loaned-out-by-arsenal-to-malaga-or-besiktas

from @younggunsblog

This guy seems a decent reporter tbf. Nothing too wild.

Says we're quite quiet at the moment. More about the players going out, than coming in.

@AFCamden saying we've been making enquiries, but nothing firm.

All in all.

:ilt:
seems very dull indeed tbh.

Knew we'd not Sell Shitmackh before tommrow tbh or Squid.

I_Killed_Kenny
30-08-2012, 11:18 AM
I also can't understand why we have to make a profit every transfer window. If that's the case our finances are fucked up more than the club's letting on.

This.

Why cant we have a splurge every 2 years. not asking each season to make a loss, but every other season have a splash on some top players and the season afte have a quiet window. Who knows, we may have won something if we actually went for it once in a while! speculate to accumalate

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
30-08-2012, 11:21 AM
Ins:

Podolski 11m
Giroud 10m
Cazorla 16m

Outs:

Vela 4m
Ozyacup 0.5m
Bartley 1m
RVP 24m
Song 15m
Lansbury 1m

we completed and sold the queensland road development site in june. thats another £25m.

Marc Overmars
30-08-2012, 11:23 AM
QPR are set to sign Stephane Mbia. :rolleyes:

LDG
30-08-2012, 11:27 AM
we completed and sold the queensland road development site in june. thats another £25m.

I was being little bit simplistic, tbf.

I can't really say what we have to spend, it's far too complicated.

It's all fucked up anyway. The rich get richer, we plough our money in, and what happens on the pitch is of secondary consideration to everything else.

server too busy!
30-08-2012, 11:28 AM
I know our wage bill is something that is detrimental to our ability to sign players but we keep getting rid of the big earners, that has to start counting for something in these transfer windows. We're also in the process of getting rid of a lot of deadwood so again their wages are off the wage bill.

Make some signings motherfuckers! DF, DM and ST!!!

Joker
30-08-2012, 11:29 AM
Apparently we have 17 non homegrown players at the moment, the maximum allowed. Someone's going to have leave if we're looking to add anyone.

Japan Shaking All Over
30-08-2012, 11:29 AM
Some Gtegoey van der Weil rumours flying around. . .would be welcome

server too busy!
30-08-2012, 11:30 AM
Apparently we have 17 non homegrown players at the moment, the maximum allowed. Someone's going to have leave if we're looking to add anyone.

Squillaci, Chamakh, Bendtner, Arshavin and Park should all help in that department

Olivier's xmas twist
30-08-2012, 11:30 AM

You could be on to something, maybe we don't have as much money as they seem to tell us, which where they need to be honest. Or the board and the manager are a bunch of greedy mofo's who see that profit as a way to put that money in their pockets.

This.

Why cant we have a splurge every 2 years. not asking each season to make a loss, but every other season have a splash on some top players and the season afte have a quiet window. Who knows, we may have won something if we actually went for it once in a while! speculate to accumalate

You don't need to spend big to win things, we deffo did not need to splash out millions ot beat brum in the CC final. With the teams we have had over the last 7 years we should have easily won the CC or fa cup and even the league once or twice.

Niall_Quinn
30-08-2012, 11:32 AM

Kroenke will not have bought without knowing he can make a return on his investment. He saw the way the previous shareholders milked the club and exited at the optimum moment, he says he's not going to change anything and why would he? So we continue to use the team as a profit generator and share price inflater. Wenger's ability to keep us in the CL, the huge prices being extracted from the fans and the annual raping of the team, plus the fact the various commercial deals have margins that can be improved significantly tells us Kroenke has got his maths right and will do very well when he takes his profits. He will need to ensure the bubble he is creating doesn't pop before he cashes in, of course.

Olivier's xmas twist
30-08-2012, 11:34 AM
Sky Sport Italia are reporting that Manchester City have agreed terms with Brazil international defender Maicon to make the move to the Etihad Stadium from Inter Milan.
by Rob Parrish 12:31 PM

LDG
30-08-2012, 11:34 AM
You could be on to something, maybe we don't have as much money as they seem to tell us, which where they need to be honest. Or the board and the manager are a bunch of greedy mofo's who see that profit as a way to put that money in their pockets.

Dude, that profit does not go into their pockets, else they would have to declare a dividend, which to mind knowledge hasn't happened in a while.

As N_Q and others keep on saying, it's the share price they are driving up, and at some point all of them will get their pay day.

People need to stop equating profit with cash.

Fuck me, even the media do it. It's ridiculous.

Olivier's xmas twist
30-08-2012, 11:37 AM
Arsenal Launch £13m Bid to Make French Forward Fourth and Final Summer Signing as Wenger Pursues Marseille Striker Loic Remy

http://www.caughtoffside.com/2012/08/30/arsenal-launch-13m-bid-to-make-french-forward-fourth-and-final-summer-signing-as-wenger-pursues-marseille-striker-loic-remy/

Yeah i know caught offside

Olivier's xmas twist
30-08-2012, 11:39 AM
Dude, that profit does not go into their pockets, else they would have to declare a dividend, which to mind knowledge hasn't happened in a while.

As N_Q and others keep on saying, it's the share price they are driving up, and at some point all of them will get their pay day.

People need to stop equating profit with cash.

Fuck me, even the media do it. It's ridiculous.

Sorry, the share price thats what meant just could not find the right wording.

Marc Overmars
30-08-2012, 11:42 AM
Arsenal Launch £13m Bid to Make French Forward Fourth and Final Summer Signing as Wenger Pursues Marseille Striker Loic Remy

http://www.caughtoffside.com/2012/08/30/arsenal-launch-13m-bid-to-make-french-forward-fourth-and-final-summer-signing-as-wenger-pursues-marseille-striker-loic-remy/

He's Spurs bound.

They've got one over us again.

LDG
30-08-2012, 11:42 AM
Please mummy. Make them stop saying "slams shut".

:banghead:

McNamara That Ghost...
30-08-2012, 11:44 AM

Caught Offside. :lol:

Awful Inzaghi tribute site.

Olivier's xmas twist
30-08-2012, 11:49 AM
He's Spurs bound.

They've got one over us again.

Right now yes but untill they sign him or agree a deal alot can change between now and the end of thw window.

LDG
30-08-2012, 11:51 AM
According to the twatters, terms between Juve and Bender have been agreed.

Just the deal to be done with Arsenal now.

:mrburns:

LDG
30-08-2012, 11:53 AM
Swnasea to sign Pablo Hernandez :lol:

Olivier's xmas twist
30-08-2012, 11:54 AM
AFCAMDEN ‏@AFCAMDEN

It's not ideal, but I think it is best to remain calm until the window shuts. Arsenal are active and have enquired for numerous players.

AFCAMDEN AFCAMDEN ‏@AFCAMDEN

Enquiries can turn to bids and then deals in a matter of hours around deadline day. Pressure to buy and sell. Example: Mikel Arteta #AFC

Xhaka Can’t

Oh for the love of god, please let this happen.

Dennis Bendtner
James Olley ‏@JamesOlley
Park, Chamakh and Bendtner all not at #afc training ground today. Park left with "two big suitcases" apparently. Suggests exits are close.

:pray: Chamakh and Bendtner in the suitcases

selassie
Totally agree, Id just rather We were told no one was coming in, instead of the BS from Wenger about players may come in etc. And its clever cause he'll say well id said may not definate.

But im off tommrow so i'll enjoy DLD regardless. Ill be watching SS all day lol.

Me too, Wenger will probably come out with stuff like he was close to signing 3 players on deadline day or some mumbo jumbo like that.

The way Arsenal talks about making a transfer is like it's some sort of "complexed scientific experiment".

McNamara That Ghost...
30-08-2012, 11:55 AM
Swnasea to sign Pablo Hernandez :lol:

Valencia exodus. :pray:

Soldado. :pray:

Olivier's xmas twist
30-08-2012, 11:56 AM
Me too, Wenger will probably come out with stuff like he was close to signing 3 players on deadline day or some mumbo jumbo like that.

The way Arsenal talks about making a transfer is like it's some sort of "complexed scientific experiment".

Yep

LDG
30-08-2012, 11:56 AM
James Olley ‏@JamesOlley
Park, Chamakh and Bendtner all not at #afc training ground today. Park left with "two big suitcases" apparently. Suggests exits are close.

Bergkampwonderland10
30-08-2012, 11:57 AM
That team didn't win anything but maybe it would have had it been supplemented with a few quality players rather than dismantled and sold off piece by piece.
Agreed...but they didn't share that vision did they? It's not as if Wenger woke up one morning and said 'hey I'm going to dismantle the team I've worked so patiently to build'...Not one of them showed the sort of loyalty Wenger showed to them...not one. Adebayor couldn't wait to leave once he'd been taught to actually shoot at the goal, Toure couldn't be professional enough to work with Gallas, Clichy missed Toure and Adebayor, Cesc cried and cried, Nasri cried over Cesc and Van Persie and Song...well what can I say there? Footballer's today...that's what the article should have been about.

McNamara That Ghost...
30-08-2012, 11:58 AM
James Olley ‏@JamesOlley

How in the hell do you get Chamakh in to a box?

Niall_Quinn
30-08-2012, 12:01 PM
All the talk of these seven figure targets from this club or that. We're already suffering the newcomers "bedding-in", what's required is a solid pro who can hit the ground running, like Arteta. Dempsey is the player who fits the bill, the obvious choice. Like Alonso before him. All these other names are potentially the next Gervinho in waiting, more likely that than the next Thierry Henry. We know what we will get with Dempsey and he'll also give us the option to transit away from this silly Barca-lite style we insist on playing (badly) to something more suited to the league we are playing in. MVilla, Llorente, any of the other unrealistic names - even if we signed them are we ready to say, let's give them time, as the points ebb away? We must be patient, patient, seven, eight years patient. Let's just be smart for a change. Pick up the phone to Dempsey now, give him what he wants and get him suited up for the next match - FFS. He might do very well paired with Giroud and give the latter a bit of support while he gets up to speed.

And if those wasters Chamakh, Bendtner, Park, Denilson, etc, etc, are still her come Saturday morning then that's a scandal. A massive scandal. I don't get it, why don't we just pay somebody to take them? Get them off the wage bill so when Ox looks at Theo and Jack knocks on the door we can pay them what;s required to keep them - for a change. Those are the players we should be thinking about now. Give it one to two years and we're back in the Cesc, RvP, Theo, Nasri zone again. Free up the cash now, get the deadbeats out the door. And don't bring any more in.

Bergkampwonderland10
30-08-2012, 12:03 PM
All the talk of these seven figure targets from this club or that. We're already suffering the newcomers "bedding-in", what's required is a solid pro who can hit the ground running, like Arteta. Dempsey is the player who fits the bill, the obvious choice. Like Alonso before him. All these other names are potentially the next Gervinho in waiting, more likely that than the next Thierry Henry. We know what we will get with Dempsey and he'll also give us the option to transit away from this silly Barca-lite style we insist on playing (badly) to something more suited to the league we are playing in. MVilla, Llorente, any of the other unrealistic names - even if we signed them are we ready to say, let's give them time, as the points ebb away? We must be patient, patient, seven, eight years patient. Let's just be smart for a change. Pick up the phone to Dempsey now, give him what he wants and get him suited up for the next match - FFS. He might do very well paired with Giroud and give the latter a bit of support while he gets up to speed.

And if those wasters Chamakh, Bendtner, Park, Denilson, etc, etc, are still her come Saturday morning then that's a scandal. A massive scandal. I don't get it, why don't we just pay somebody to take them? Get them off the wage bill so when Ox looks at Theo and Jack knocks on the door we can pay them what;s required to keep them - for a change. Those are the players we should be thinking about now. Give it one to two years and we're back in the Cesc, RvP, Theo, Nasri zone again. Free up the cash now, get the deadbeats out the door. And don't bring any more in.

I am just hoping this happens...in fact I've been hoping this happens before the summer....if it means waiting til tomorrow then fine...but for the love of god please get Dempsey in an Arsenal shirt.

Niall_Quinn
30-08-2012, 12:03 PM
How in the hell do you get Chamakh in to a box?

Repaint it on the halfway line.

Dennis Bendtner
30-08-2012, 12:05 PM
If those outgoings were all permanent, it probably calls for a party. Yeah, in the grand scheme of things it's lame and we need more players, but the freeloaders pissing off for good? It would be phenomenal.

But don't forget we still as well have Squillaci :doh:

Olivier's xmas twist
30-08-2012, 12:07 PM
Repaint it on the halfway line.

Olivier's xmas twist
30-08-2012, 12:08 PM
If those outgoings were all permanent, it probably calls for a party. Yeah, in the grand scheme of things it's lame and we need more players, but the freeloaders pissing off for good? It would be phenomenal.

But don't forget we still as well have Squillaci :doh:

Chamakh was a free don't see how we loose anything if we just terminate his contract tbh. and squid too.

Cripps_orig
30-08-2012, 12:09 PM
Paying others to take our players?

Terminating contracts?

GW has gone mental

Olivier's xmas twist
30-08-2012, 12:11 PM
Paying others to take our players?

Terminating contracts?

GW has gone mental

Gone ?

Olivier's xmas twist
30-08-2012, 12:12 PM
QPR agree a fee with madrid over Granero. SSN

GP
30-08-2012, 12:13 PM
Chamakh was a free don't see how we loose anything if we just terminate his contract tbh. and squid too.

You can't just terminate his contract.

Dennis Bendtner
30-08-2012, 12:14 PM
Arsenal.com ‏@Arsenal
Wenger on transfers: 'We are active but we don't want to bring average players in'

Arsenal.com ‏@Arsenal
Wenger on Bendtner: 'There is a chance he is leaving. Where is not decided at the moment'

Arsenal.com ‏@Arsenal
Wenger on Chamakh: 'Again, we haven't made an agreement with any club'

Arsenal.com ‏@Arsenal
Wenger on Walcott: 'Theo has one year to go. We want to extend his contract. I think Theo loves the club'

Arsenal.com ‏@Arsenal
Wenger on Walcott: 'He is not obsessed by money, there is just a little difference [in the negotiations]'

KSE Comedy Club
30-08-2012, 12:15 PM
AFCAMDEN AFCAMDEN ‏@AFCAMDEN

Enquiries can turn to bids and then deals in a matter of hours around deadline day. Pressure to buy and sell. Example: Mikel Arteta #AFC

:lol:Thats right though tbf.

Olivier's xmas twist
30-08-2012, 12:15 PM
Berbatov having Medical at Fulham, Time to gt on the phone and get Dempsey now.

Syn
30-08-2012, 12:16 PM
This is so shit. All of it. :suicide:

Olivier's xmas twist

Ok try and agree a mutual termination.

GP
Berbatov having Medical at Fulham, Time to gt on the phone and get Dempsey now.

Dempsey is a decent player but I don't get the obsession with him.

Niall_Quinn
30-08-2012, 12:17 PM

You can if you pay him up or make a convincing case for breach of contract - which is what Chamakh has done each time he has taken to the field. But obviously paying him up is exactly what we should be trying to avoid. If we took half that hit by paying a club to take him we'd be better off. Our fault he's on stupid money and nobody else will take sub a sub-standard lump of shit on those kid of wages. The guy must have no shame but to extract ourselves from this arrangement our stupidity is going to cost us one way or the other. Get it over and done with and save some money in the long run.

Olivier's xmas twist
Arsenal.com ‏@Arsenal
Wenger on transfers: 'We are active but we don't want to bring average players in'

:haha: Too late.

Marc Overmars

From Llorente, to Berbatov, to Bendtner.

Juve. :lol:

Niall_Quinn
30-08-2012, 12:18 PM

Wow, now we're not even prepared to do that. Looks like nobody is coming then.

Olivier's xmas twist
30-08-2012, 12:18 PM
You can if you pay him up or make a convincing case for breach of contract - which is what Chamakh has done each time he has taken to the field. But obviously paying him up is exactly what we should be trying to avoid. If we took half that hit by paying a club to take him we'd be better off. Our fault he's on stupid money and nobody else will take sub a sub-standard lump of shit on those kid of wages. The guy must have no shame but to extract ourselves from this arrangement our stupidity is going to cost us one way or the other. Get it over and done with and save some money in the long run.

Oh NQ your posts are the best.

Bergkampwonderland10
30-08-2012, 12:22 PM
From Llorente, to Berbatov, to Bendtner.

Juve. :lol:
Bendtner in Italy...Juve almost done deal...please be true..
http://twitter.com/Paolo_Bandini

KSE Comedy Club
30-08-2012, 12:22 PM
I definitely think we will see another player or two coming in tomorrow.

There is deffo a media lockdown in place as SSN haven't mentioned anything about us today even though it looks like Chakma, bendy and park are all on the way out.

Niall_Quinn
30-08-2012, 12:23 PM
Bendtner in Italy...Juve almost done deal...please be true..
http://twitter.com/Paolo_Bandini

I hope we have a good lawyer on this one and all necessary disclaimers are watertight.

Marc Overmars
30-08-2012, 12:24 PM
I think we'll probably need another striker if Chakma and Park leave as expected.

Unless we want to bank on Giroud not getting injured.