PDA

View Full Version : Super Super Quality Transfer Speculation & Shit

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29

McNamara That Ghost...
07-03-2012, 11:08 PM
Podolski. :bow:

Hope he doesn't make the Euros now. :coffee:

Cripps_orig
07-03-2012, 11:13 PM
ARSENE WENGER is lining up a second move for West Brom's Peter Odemwingie.

Arsenal boss Wenger was put off by Brom's £8million asking price last summer as the Nigerian hitman is 30.

But Odemwingie has netted 10 goals this season and Gunners are desperate to beef up their scoring options.

Cologne's Lukas Podolski is another summer target.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/4176825/Arsenal-boss-Arsene-Wenger-targets-West-Brom-striker-Peter-Odemwingie.html

Marc Overmars
07-03-2012, 11:14 PM
And there it is, the WUMger transfer target to go with the Wenger target. :bow:

Master Splinter
07-03-2012, 11:14 PM
I'll believe when I see it on Goal.com.

Or when Podolski tells me he is gooner.

Syn
07-03-2012, 11:41 PM
http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2012/mar/07/lukas-podolski-arsenal-cologne-transfer?

The Guardian are saying that reports in Germany claim Arsenal have nearly finalised a £10.9m move...acting early to get him on the cheap because he's into his last of his contract - that part sounds like us. They also say he has been offered a 4 year contract worth £100k a week - that part doesn't sound like us.

I don't really know how good he is. He's someone we actually know of, so that's a start. Seen him play for Germany. Has a powerful shot. But it's strange he's playing for relegation battlers and not Bayern Munich or Dortmund or some top German club.

Meh, hope it happens and that we find out we have him before the Euros start. It was quite nice watching Rosicky score those crackers in the 2006 WC and not anticipating he'd hardly ever do that again in his career.

GunnerFan4Life
08-03-2012, 12:16 AM
David Ornstein ‏ @bbcsport_david Reply Retweet Favorite · Open
Arsenal are working on a deal to sign Podolski from Cologne. Reports of everything being agreed slightly premature but likely to happen #afc

BBC's most reliable source :bow:

Cripps_orig
08-03-2012, 12:18 AM
BBC :haha:

Having a 14 year old posting on twitter as their most reliable source, no wonder they are going to the shitter

Ollie the Optimist
08-03-2012, 12:20 AM
BBC :haha:

Having a 14 year old posting on twitter as their most reliable source, no wonder they are going to the shitter

still more reliable then the shit you post on here from goal.com

Cripps_orig
08-03-2012, 12:24 AM
still more reliable then the shit you post on here from goal.com:haha:

Japan Shaking All Over
08-03-2012, 12:30 AM
Based on his form this season and I will be well happy if we bring this guy in. . .thinking to theMilan game and the way we played in first half, we could have the core of a very good team Ches - Kos - Jack/Oxo - RvP add Poldolski and a couple more - use what we have already Merts - Sagna- Song (in form Rosicky/Theo)

But we need to keep up the drive every week, inconsistent mental strength is a big failing with us at the moment

Olivier's xmas twist
08-03-2012, 12:33 AM

:haha:

ollie :bow:

Olivier's xmas twist
08-03-2012, 12:34 AM
Based on his form this season and I will be well happy if we bring this guy in. . .thinking to theMilan game and the way we played in first half, we could have the core of a very good team Ches - Kos - Jack/Oxo - RvP add Poldolski and a couple more - use what we have already Merts - Sagna- Song (in form Rosicky/Theo)

But we need to keep up the drive every week, inconsistent mental strength is a big failing with us at the moment

We must not say things like that Because it means your not a fan and you support wenger and the board and what they do, some posters on here say.

Japan Shaking All Over
08-03-2012, 02:08 AM
We must not say things like that Because it means your not a fan and you support wenger and the board and what they do, some posters on here say.

Gotch ya!
what I meant to say. . .is that we are shit, no doubt we will be shitter with the addition of amother WUMget signing like Podolski. . .we need a more established goalie than Ches. . .Kos is a pud teamer who doesnt play for Belgium, Jack is a sicknote, Oxo though is great but RvP should be sold because he is an arrogant bottle job who cant put away split second decision chances EVERY time, especially when my mortgage is riding on it!

Ahh yeah Wenger should die in a train crash and (what else have I missed) I hope we lose to Spurs. . .

There you go! I am a true fan after all :doh:

hobson's choice
08-03-2012, 03:08 AM
Podolski, I hope not, small team type player to me.

Japan Shaking All Over
08-03-2012, 04:23 AM

You are joking right?

McNamara That Ghost...
08-03-2012, 09:29 AM

You wouldn't mind us getting Odemwingie though. :unsure:

hobson's choice
08-03-2012, 11:07 AM
Podolski is a loser who couldn't cut at real top club, just another B minus, fraud of a player.

GP
08-03-2012, 11:11 AM

:lol:

:gp:

GP
08-03-2012, 11:12 AM
Podolski is a loser who couldn't cut at real top club, just another B minus, fraud of a player.

Like Parker, for instance?

Marc Overmars
08-03-2012, 11:15 AM

Shouldn't be a problem then seeing as we're not a top club anymore.

Kano
08-03-2012, 11:26 AM

i'm sure the same was said about bergs and henry after such failure in italy

anyway, nothing like dismissing a player you've hardly seen play and getting in early with the scapegoat tag

such a maverick

hobson's choice
08-03-2012, 11:33 AM
i'm sure the same was said about bergs and henry after such failure in italy

anyway, nothing like dismissing a player you've hardly seen play and getting in early with the scapegoat tag

such a maverick

Except Henry was 19, and Dennis actually played great at Ajax, which at that time was actually a big club.

Syn
08-03-2012, 11:40 AM
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/

BBC are running it on their main sports page.

More updates. " Arsenal confirm to @bbcsport_david they have agreed a deal to sign Lukas Podolski from Cologne at the end of the season #afc"

Hopefully he's not a replacement for Van Persie but a signing of intent to convince him to stay. Tbh I don't know if he's any good or not but his record's not bad. Don't see the point of writing him off.

Kano
08-03-2012, 11:40 AM
Except Henry was 19, and Dennis actually played great at Ajax, which at that time was actually a big club.
podolski was 20 when he went to bayern and ajax won fuck all in the 80s outside of holland

Olivier's xmas twist
08-03-2012, 11:47 AM
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/

BBC are running it on their main sports page.

Hopefully he's not a replacement for Van Persie but a signing of intent to convince him to stay. Tbh I don't know if he's any good or not but his record's not bad. Don't see the point of writing him off.

its on Sky sports website.

Arsenal have reportedly agreed a deal to sign Cologne striker Lukas Podolski at the end of the season.Widespread reports emanating from Germany suggest the Gunners have lined up a swoop to bring Podolski (http://topics.skysports.com/Lukas+Podolski/?section=football)http://static.lingospot.com/spot/image/spacer.gif to the Emirates in the summer.
The fee is believed to be in the region of £10.9million, with Podolski expected to sign a four-year contract in North London.
The Gunners have been linked with a move for Podolski for the last few months as Arsene Wenger (http://topics.skysports.com/Arsene+Wenger/?section=football)http://static.lingospot.com/spot/image/spacer.gif looks to bolster his attacking options for next season.
Arsenal (http://topics.skysports.com/arsenal/?section=football)http://static.lingospot.com/spot/image/spacer.gif defender Per Mertesacker recently admitted his Germany team-mate has been asking him about life in the capital.
Very interested"He has been very interested in the last few weeks and sent me a text message or two," Mertesacker toldSky Germany.
"I just responded to him positively, we have a good club here and everyone here has a positive opinion of 'Poldi'."
Despite being only 26, Podolski has a wealth of experience having made 95 appearances for Germany and played in two World Cups.
Cologne (http://topics.skysports.com/cologne/?section=football)http://static.lingospot.com/spot/image/spacer.gif have refused to confirm that Podolski will be leaving the club this summer, but it seems increasingly likely his next destination is set to be Arsenal.

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11670/7579029/Arsenal-close-on-Podolski-deal

Olivier's xmas twist
08-03-2012, 11:48 AM

:doh: Let me guess because the mancs or spuds or barca or real don't want him he's a bad player :haha:

GP
08-03-2012, 11:49 AM

Yeah, you're right.

Best to stick with Chamakh I guess.

Marc Overmars
08-03-2012, 11:52 AM
Hopefully Merts works his magic on Goetze next.

Germans. :bow:

Olivier's xmas twist
08-03-2012, 11:53 AM
Yeah, you're right.

Don't forget we have Park Gev and Theo and vela and Nicky B who can all play there lol.

hobson's choice
08-03-2012, 11:58 AM
Yeah, you're right.

No I just want us to sign better quality, you guys are fooled by the name. Sorry if I don't want a player who could'nt demonstrate the mental toughness to fight for his place at a top club, instead pouts, and has a sense of entitlement. And eventually fukks off back to the pub team that he came from.

He's Sunderland, Fulham level player

Shaqiri Is Boss
08-03-2012, 12:03 PM
He's ours for £30m :trophy:

hobson's choice
08-03-2012, 12:03 PM
:doh: Let me guess because the mancs or spuds or barca or real don't want him he's a bad player :haha:

Pretty much in today's game, top clubs(excluding Spurs:lol:) aint going after you, then you are pretty much just slightly above average player.

Kano
08-03-2012, 12:14 PM
No I just want us to sign better quality, you guys are fooled by the name. Sorry if I don't want a player who could'nt demonstrate the mental toughness to fight for his place at a top club, instead pouts, and has a sense of entitlement. And eventually fukks off back to the pub team that he came from.

no one here can say either way right now because like you, we don't watch him every week but we are prepared to give him the benefit of the doubt as a potential new player for us.

when you say fight for his place, what do you mean?

Dog Toffee
08-03-2012, 12:22 PM
Class player, cant wait. Shame we didnt buy him last summer instead of the insane signings of Chmack and Park.

Coney
08-03-2012, 12:33 PM
Pretty much in today's game, top clubs(excluding Spurs:lol:) aint going after you, then you are pretty much just slightly above average player.

:haha: Oh dear.

KSE Comedy Club
08-03-2012, 12:33 PM
Hob's right.

We should have tried to sign messi instead.

KSE Comedy Club
08-03-2012, 12:36 PM
Pretty much in today's game, top clubs(excluding Spurs:lol:) aint going after you, then you are pretty much just slightly above average player.Seriously?!

:blink:

Japan Shaking All Over
08-03-2012, 12:56 PM

I bet you he is not. . . .and seeing that we have lost to both of those he might be able to help us out. . .I reckon we have a good player here. . .well I am least going to give him a chance to prove me wrong. . .I hope this is a start of a bout of in with the new out with the old

Olivier's xmas twist
08-03-2012, 01:02 PM

:doh:

1st off all he is a decent striker and will show it hat the Euro's
2nd he is better then all our attackers (not RVP)
3rd he scores goals and with the way we play will get a few for us.

If this is the start of dealings with Quality to follow then im happy.

GP
08-03-2012, 01:05 PM
HE's an upgrade on what we've got, for a decent price.

I'm happy to have him.

Coney
08-03-2012, 01:09 PM
Podolski. :bow:

Hope he doesn't make the Euros now. :coffee:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lukas_Podolski

Lukas Josef Podolski (German pronunciation: [ˈluːkas poˈdɔlski]); born Łukasz Podolski IPA: [ˈwukaʂ poˈdɔlski]) on 4 June 1985)

Let me make a useless point of correction to the Wiki page. They screwed up the Polish pronunciation of his name. It is true that a basic 'L' in Polish is pronounced as we pronounce 'W'. However when it has an angled line through it (which Wiki have actually done, correctly) then that kind of 'L' is pronounced just as we would.

GP
08-03-2012, 01:11 PM
Cool story bro

Marc Overmars
08-03-2012, 01:11 PM
He is tailor made to play on the left of our front 3. There won't be any square pegs in round holes with him, he will fit in fine. Unlike say Arshavin who never got to grips with the fact he wasn't playing behind the striker. Arshavin out, Podolski in is good business.

Whether he will score 20 goals or whatever remains to be seen, the fact is it looks like we've signed a decent striker with a pedigree behind him at least. Hopefully the first of a few signings this summer.

Dempsey next plz.

Fist of Lehmann
08-03-2012, 01:12 PM
...So Wookash is actually Lookash?

GP
08-03-2012, 01:12 PM
Happy to have signed Poldo. He'll get on well with Gibbo, Jenko and Chambo.

Power n Glory
08-03-2012, 01:30 PM
He is tailor made to play on the left of our front 3. There won't be any square pegs in round holes with him, he will fit in fine. Unlike say Arshavin who never got to grips with the fact he wasn't playing behind the striker. Arshavin out, Podolski in is good business.

Whether he will score 20 goals or whatever remains to be seen, the fact is it looks like we've signed a decent striker with a pedigree behind him at least. Hopefully the first of a few signings this summer.

Dempsey next plz.

I think he's either a replacement for Theo or RVP. I can't see him being on the bench and I doubt Wenger will ditch Gervinho, even though he should.

McNamara That Ghost...
08-03-2012, 01:31 PM
WUMger. :bow:

Wait until the end of the last transfer window, start before this one has even begun.

Japan Shaking All Over
08-03-2012, 01:35 PM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lukas_Podolski

Let me make a useless point of correction to the Wiki page. They screwed up the Polish pronunciation of his name. It is true that a basic 'L' in Polish is pronounced as we pronounce 'W'. However when it has an angled line through it (which Wiki have actually done, correctly) then that kind of 'L' is pronounced just as we would.

Hmmmmmm. . . .thanks for that Coney?
bored by any chance. . .or did Wiki heat up some hidden Polak ancestry inside your (beer)belly

Fist of Lehmann
08-03-2012, 01:36 PM
Tactically astute by Wenger there.
Doesn't want to get dicked like he did for Jones, Cazorla and/or Mata.

Gets in and out before anyone can react.
Arsene Ninjer :bow:

Japan Shaking All Over
08-03-2012, 01:37 PM
Happy to have signed Poldo. He'll get on well with Gibbo, Jenko and Chambo.

Breaking News

Poldo brought in to replace Nasbo

Olivier's xmas twist
08-03-2012, 01:39 PM
I think he's either a replacement for Theo or RVP. I can't see him being on the bench and I doubt Wenger will ditch Gervinho, even though he should.

And nor should he, don't see why he'd spend 10 mill on him just to get rid of him. Doubt he is a replacement for anybody all it may mean is Theo/Gev Dropping to the bench.

McNamara That Ghost...
08-03-2012, 01:42 PM
Or he is Arshavin's replacement.

Olivier's xmas twist
08-03-2012, 01:43 PM
Seems it could be.

Japan Shaking All Over
08-03-2012, 01:46 PM
Just watching ESPN, Gabby Marcotti saying Podolski is a huge gamble of a signing, considering the price and the fact that he had only a year left on the contract, and that he hasnt achieved on the big stage

Power n Glory
08-03-2012, 01:48 PM
Or he is Arshavin's replacement.

Do you honestly think Wenger will spend that sort of money on a player to sit out on the bench?

Kano
08-03-2012, 01:50 PM
Just watching ESPN, Gabby Marcotti saying Podolski is a huge gamble of a signing, considering the price and the fact that he had only a year left on the contract, and that he hasnt achieved on the big stage

i don't get the point of that criticism - he won't achieve on the big stage unless he gets another chance.

8 goals in 3 international tourns ain't too bad.

Marc Overmars
08-03-2012, 01:51 PM
He won't be on the bench. He will play on the left with Theo on the right. Maybe Oxlade will be groomed for CM as well and take over from Rosicky whenever he's sold.

Olivier's xmas twist
08-03-2012, 01:57 PM

Stopped reading there tbh.

Japan Shaking All Over
08-03-2012, 01:57 PM
He won't be on the bench. He will play on the left with Theo on the right. Maybe Oxlade will be groomed for CM as well and take over from Rosicky whenever he's sold.

Oxo looked very comfortable in the centre. . .there are times when I think we lack height in the middle but Song/Jack/Oxo wouldnt be bad
Although Oxo would have to share time with Arteta

Olivier's xmas twist
08-03-2012, 01:58 PM
Do you honestly think Wenger will spend that sort of money on a player to sit out on the bench?

Well he spent 15 mill on ox who was mostly on the bench. Diffrence is Lukas will start Theo or Gev won't.

Japan Shaking All Over
08-03-2012, 01:58 PM
Stopped reading there tbh.

Hahaha didnt miss much. . .

Olivier's xmas twist
08-03-2012, 01:59 PM

Depends if we don't buy anyone for that posistion tbh.

McNamara That Ghost...
08-03-2012, 02:00 PM

Arshavin was on the bench because he had been playing so poorly, surely? I mean, it took him long enough to get there. In any case, if we're ever going to get a competitive squad then it can't be as black and white as you put it.

Olivier's xmas twist
08-03-2012, 02:01 PM
Arshavin was on the bench because he had been playing so poorly, surely? I mean, it took him long enough to get there. In any case, if we're ever going to get a competitive squad then it can't be as black and white as you put it.

Yep its clear that AOC will replace Arshavin anyways, Lukas may replace Theo.

Power n Glory
08-03-2012, 02:02 PM
Oxo looked very comfortable in the centre. . .there are times when I think we lack height in the middle but Song/Jack/Oxo wouldnt be bad
Although Oxo would have to share time with Arteta

Centre is his natural position.

Japan Shaking All Over
08-03-2012, 02:13 PM

Jusy read his profile - 43 international goals, close to 100 caps, 26 years old. . .Id say he has to be quite good. . .although I could be wrong, that may mean shit

Olivier's xmas twist
08-03-2012, 02:20 PM
Hahaha didnt miss much. . .

Nope not really

Jusy read his profile - 43 international goals, close to 100 caps, 26 years old. . .Id say he has to be quite good. . .although I could be wrong, that may mean shit

Well its a decent signing tbh, even though most will moan he is not as good as Messi so we dhould not have got him, if he is bought with Gotze or Hazard id be happy if RVP stays.

Japan Shaking All Over
08-03-2012, 02:21 PM

Thanks, didnt know that for sure but considering that Wenger sticks everyone out on the wing at some stage or other. . .I was impressed with the way he handled it in the middle

Olivier's xmas twist
08-03-2012, 02:23 PM
Thanks, didnt know that for sure but considering that Wenger sticks everyone out on the wing at some stage or other. . .I was impressed with the way he handled it in the middle

For southampton he used to play as an ACM/FW. Where he was useful. he is exactly like Arshavin both play in the same place.

Power n Glory
08-03-2012, 02:36 PM

The kid has skills. He's gonna be a major player for us. Wenger did the same with JW. Games on the flank and then into the centre.

Japan Shaking All Over
08-03-2012, 02:44 PM
The kid has skills. He's gonna be a major player for us. Wenger did the same with JW. Games on the flank and then into the centre.

Messed a few up by doing so though!
however Oxo has looked good wherever he has played (few games granted)

Agree 100% the guy has skills and will do a job for us

Power n Glory
08-03-2012, 03:08 PM

Seriously, do you really think this isn't a first team signing?

Syn
08-03-2012, 03:27 PM

Who Oxo? He's only 18 so I don't think he has a settled position but for me he has all the makings of being a goalscoring wide man. And how badly we've missed one of them since Pires left. Seems to be a greedy little fucker - has a pot shot at every opportunity. Give him a chance to evolve into the Ronaldo role IMO.

But I'm not worried about where Podolski (if we get him), Oxlade etc. will fit in. If they're good enough, we'll find a way to make it work. And never underestimate the power of Arsenal injuries. The chances of having to worry about a good selection headache are slim at best. When we had Wiltord, Kanu, Henry, Bergkamp and others we weren't worried about an unhappy Wiltord. We're knocked out of all competitions early so there haven't been many extra games to think about but the season is long and tough enough that everyone can get games. We're struggling to name a team half the time.

server too busy!
08-03-2012, 05:10 PM
Everyone keeps seeming to avoid the fact that there will always be injuries. We are always complaining about a lack of squad depth, well we're moving closer to that. Give me Goetze and Vertonghen and I'll be a happy man!

Also does anyone think this could be a move towards a change in formation?

----------------Szchesney
Sagna-----Vermaelen----Koschielny----Gibbs
-------------------Song
Ox/Walcott-------------------------Gervinho
------------------Wilshere
-----------Rvp------------Podolski

Letters
08-03-2012, 05:20 PM
Give me Goetze and Vertonghen and I'll be a happy man!

And a straw?

McNamara That Ghost...
08-03-2012, 05:54 PM
Seriously, do you really think this isn't a first team signing?

I'm not sure you grasped what I was saying. Anyway, I think everyone will get their chances, for one reason or another. For instance, there is another ACoN next year and like STB mentioned, we will get injuries.

tpyo
08-03-2012, 06:50 PM
SWEET, we've signed someone! We should do all our business like this, setting it up before the window even opens!

Power n Glory
08-03-2012, 07:14 PM
Who Oxo? He's only 18 so I don't think he has a settled position but for me he has all the makings of being a goalscoring wide man. And how badly we've missed one of them since Pires left. Seems to be a greedy little fucker - has a pot shot at every opportunity. Give him a chance to evolve into the Ronaldo role IMO.

But I'm not worried about where Podolski (if we get him), Oxlade etc. will fit in. If they're good enough, we'll find a way to make it work. And never underestimate the power of Arsenal injuries. The chances of having to worry about a good selection headache are slim at best. When we had Wiltord, Kanu, Henry, Bergkamp and others we weren't worried about an unhappy Wiltord. We're knocked out of all competitions early so there haven't been many extra games to think about but the season is long and tough enough that everyone can get games. We're struggling to name a team half the time.

He has the talent to play on the flanks but like JW, Wenger has said he's more of centre player because of his vision and passing. Ox looks damn good on the wing and can dribble, but I think he played in the centre at Southhampton and Wenger has said before that is where he will play. But wherever he plays, he'll be impressive. If he adapts his game then he'll be able to play either position. Reminds of JW when he started out. Great on the flanks. Direct, low centre of gravity, pace and hard to get off the ball, but when he moved to the centre, we see a totally different animal. Really impressive how these kids can adapt their game.

selassie
08-03-2012, 08:29 PM
Podolski is a major signing for us IMHO and assuming it's true I'm very happy about this piece of business. I don't really care who he replaces, IMHO he's an upgrade on everyone in the offensive part of our squad with the obvious exception of RVP.

I do have a feeling we'll sell Theo though, I get the impression we could get pretty decent money from him from a PL rival and I just get the impression Arsene would be comfortable to let him go.

We will see...

Dog Toffee
08-03-2012, 09:00 PM
Theo wont go.

Hope Podolski isnt to replace RVP, they seem scarily similar players.

Cripps_orig
08-03-2012, 09:28 PM
Just got home and read we have agreed a deal for Podolski

Must be some record surely? We are the only team in the world who has done all our summer spending before the summer begins

Ollie the Optimist
08-03-2012, 09:46 PM
I'm not sure you grasped what I was saying. Anyway, I think everyone will get their chances, for one reason or another. For instance, there is another ACoN next year and like STB mentioned, we will get injuries.

what another acon next season? fucking joke

Cripps_orig
08-03-2012, 09:48 PM
what another acon next season? fucking jokeYes but then a 3 year break

Olivier's xmas twist
08-03-2012, 09:48 PM
what another acon next season? fucking joke

Not really its been known for the last 3 seasons. Its that they are moving it to Odd number years now and did not want to wait 3 years for the next one.

Ollie the Optimist
08-03-2012, 09:49 PM
Not really its been known for the last 3 seasons. Its that they are moving it to Odd number years now and did not want to wait 3 years for the next one.

must have missed it, still think its a joke

Olivier's xmas twist
08-03-2012, 09:53 PM
Yes but then a 3 year break

There is no 3 year break after next years one, its goes back to 2 years, 2015 is the one after that

Cripps_orig
08-03-2012, 09:54 PM
There is no 3 year break after next years one, its goes back to 2 years, 2015 is the one after thatI knew that.

Was just testing you,

After the Munain is shit shocker on the EL thread, i wanted to lift your confidence again

Olivier's xmas twist
08-03-2012, 09:56 PM
I knew that.

Was just testing you,

After the Munain is shit shocker on the EL thread, i wanted to lift your confidence again

Your the best, :haha:

GP
08-03-2012, 09:59 PM

They should just hold it every 4 years like the euros.

Olivier's xmas twist
08-03-2012, 10:00 PM
They should just hold it every 4 years like the euros.

Yep just like it used to be, not sure why its not.

Cripps_orig
08-03-2012, 10:00 PM
Your the best, :haha:Im only as good as my minions make me

Cripps_orig
08-03-2012, 10:02 PM
Yep just like it used to be, not sure why its not.Its never been held every 4 years...

Olivier's xmas twist
08-03-2012, 10:05 PM
Its never been held every 4 years...

Ah, thought it had.

McNamara That Ghost...
08-03-2012, 10:23 PM
Muniain. :cloud9:

Llorente. :cloud9:

Susaeta. :cloud9:

Martinez. :cloud9:

Transfer muppetry. :bow:

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
08-03-2012, 10:28 PM

Must be some record surely? We are the only team in the world who has done all our summer spending before the summer begins

isnt it club level renewal soon?

plus rvp needs to renew his contract?

perfect timing to release a false story.

Letters
08-03-2012, 10:57 PM
:yawn:

GP
08-03-2012, 11:00 PM
:yawn:

Aye

Dennis Bendtner
08-03-2012, 11:02 PM
Have to be a hell of a ruse to get the BBC confirming it.

Personally I am enjoying the German invasion. Germans. :bow:

We really could do with someone of Podolski's ilk to provide a goal threat. Whether he's the right man - we'll have to see. Some attributes (very good left foot shot, good pace) seem ideal. But there seem to be issues over consistency.

Cripps_orig
08-03-2012, 11:05 PM
Have to be a hell of a ruse to get the BBC confirming it.

Personally I am enjoying the German invasion. Germans. :bow:

We really could do with someone of Podolski's ilk to provide a goal threat. Whether he's the right man - we'll have to see. Some attributes (very good left foot shot, good pace) seem ideal. But there seem to be issues over consistency.70 odd years too late tbh

Ollie the Optimist
08-03-2012, 11:12 PM
isnt it club level renewal soon?

plus rvp needs to renew his contract?

perfect timing to release a false story.

most people would be happy we are actually trying to sign somoene in march rather then late in the summer. you moan club makes same mistakes etc, surely this is proof they are learning and actively trying to fix it

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
08-03-2012, 11:47 PM
most people would be happy we are actually trying to sign somoene in march rather then late in the summer. you moan club makes same mistakes etc, surely this is proof they are learning and actively trying to fix it

we havent signed ANYONE yet.

it's all the media spouting so and so.

all quotes the player has apparently said are to bild, the equivalent of the daily mail in this country.

so do you wonder why im a bit sceptical? how many times have we been in a position where we've got excited about a player potentially signing for it to all fall through.

even skysports have turned into a bad station, the equivalent of the sun newspaper now. at 11.30am today they had 'arsenal sign podolski' then an hour later 'arsenal looking to sign podolski' with the same quotes from mertesacker twitter had 36 hours earlier.

until its confirmed on arsenal.com then everythings only going to disappoint.

Marc Overmars
08-03-2012, 11:54 PM
There has been talk of Podolski signing for a while now, when we sign a player it's usually after a long saga. Although that didn't apply to the frenzy at the end of last summer of course when we plucked Arteta and co out of thin air.

I think there is some weight to the Podolski link anyway.

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
08-03-2012, 11:57 PM
lets hope so.

quality player, him on the left with walcott on the right. chamberlain in behind and mr handsome up top.

or we could change to a 4-4-2 but premiership football isn't suited to that formation anymore. a team that plays 4-4-2 gets dicked on, just look at spurs over the past 2 weeks.

Marc Overmars
08-03-2012, 11:59 PM
We need to sign some Spanish midfielders as well.

Trust us to sign the only Spanish CM who is a GHEL.

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
09-03-2012, 12:07 AM
where's baptista? i know he's brazilian but he was an absolute beast for sevilla :bow:

then turned remarkably shit.

wenger was gonna spend £18m on him :lol:

wenger knows :bow:

Cripps_orig
09-03-2012, 12:11 AM
Juventus want Song

Olivier's xmas twist
09-03-2012, 12:25 AM
Lukas Podolski turned down a four-year deal worth £40m from Russian club Anzhi Makhachkala in favour of joining Arsenal this summer.
Full story: Daily Express

Ex-Liverpool midfielder Dietmar Hamann has told talkSPORT he's not sure if Lukas Podolski has what it takes to make it at Arsenal.
Full story: talkSPORT

(http://www.talksport.co.uk/sports-news/football/premier-league/transfer-rumours/1615/91/exclusive-%E2%80%93-hamann-i%E2%80%99m-not-sure-if-podolski-right-player-arsenal)http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/gossip/

(http://www.talksport.co.uk/sports-news/football/premier-league/transfer-rumours/1615/91/exclusive-%E2%80%93-hamann-i%E2%80%99m-not-sure-if-podolski-right-player-arsenal)

Olivier's xmas twist
09-03-2012, 12:25 AM
Juventus want Song

Is that good or bad ? if they offered 15 -20 Mill we should take it.

Master Splinter
09-03-2012, 12:26 AM
Juventus want Song

They won't get what they want.

Master Splinter
09-03-2012, 12:27 AM
Hamann said Polders is shit?

Must Not Get.

Olivier's xmas twist
09-03-2012, 12:29 AM
Hamann said Polders is shit?

Must Not Get.

Yep.

McNamara That Ghost...
09-03-2012, 12:37 AM
where's baptista? i know he's brazilian but he was an absolute beast for sevilla :bow:

then turned remarkably shit.

wenger was gonna spend £18m on him :lol:

wenger knows :bow:

Real Madrid killed him.

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
09-03-2012, 12:39 AM
Real Madrid killed him.

thanks for the clarification.

i mean it wasnt like i was speaking with a hint of sarcasm at all :doh:

McNamara That Ghost...
09-03-2012, 12:50 AM
thanks for the clarification.

i mean it wasnt like i was speaking with a hint of sarcasm at all :doh:

Er, I daresay it is you that is misunderstanding here.

Maybe if you wish to complain about 'big man' posts towards you, you'd help yourself to stop them if you weren't so unbelievably touchy.

Japan Shaking All Over
09-03-2012, 12:59 AM

It kind of balances our other record of the only team to conclude business as summers ends

Letters
09-03-2012, 10:03 AM

we havent signed ANYONE yet.

it's all the media spouting so and so.

all quotes the player has apparently said are to bild, the equivalent of the daily mail in this country.

so do you wonder why im a bit sceptical? how many times have we been in a position where we've got excited about a player potentially signing for it to all fall through.

even skysports have turned into a bad station, the equivalent of the sun newspaper now. at 11.30am today they had 'arsenal sign podolski' then an hour later 'arsenal looking to sign podolski' with the same quotes from mertesacker twitter had 36 hours earlier.

until its confirmed on arsenal.com then everythings only going to disappoint.

This is all fine but I'll be sure to look out for how you react to speculation about any of our players departing.
Will that be scepticism too or will it be "We're doomed. Dooooooomed!"
My guess is the latter. We'll see...

Syn
09-03-2012, 01:43 PM
This is all fine but I'll be sure to look out for how you react to speculation about any of our players departing.

And what if he does big man, huh?

Open your eyes, Lettford.

Great modding. :haha:

Are your eyes open yet?!

ARE THEY?!!

Silly big man with his eyes shut.

LDG
09-03-2012, 03:13 PM

Are your eyes open yet?!

ARE THEY?!!

Big?

Lol.

Letters
09-03-2012, 03:14 PM

Are your eyes open yet?!

ARE THEY?!!

:upset:

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
09-03-2012, 07:35 PM

that doesnt make sense.

we are a selling club. we've always sold our best players. i expect us to keep selling players so have a right to comment on players leaving because stories of players departing have generally been quite true.

on the other hand we rarely buy top quality players and most of the stories linking us with players have been utter shite, so people have a right to question incoming deals and be rather sceptical.

Ollie the Optimist
09-03-2012, 08:47 PM
that doesnt make sense.

we are a selling club. we've always sold our best players. i expect us to keep selling players so have a right to comment on players leaving because stories of players departing have generally been quite true.

on the other hand we rarely buy top quality players and most of the stories linking us with players have been utter shite, so people have a right to question incoming deals and be rather sceptical.

that argument is very valid but there is a difference now. we have never done deals this early, yes i know its season ticket renewal time but surely the board arent that fucking stupid to lead us on get our money then go sorry was a lie, given the anger this season.

but however, you moaned about us making the same mistakes etc each year and every year at this time syaing maybe next season etc etc, but the club are clearly trying to sign a striker and a top class one at that. wenger has seen that he has to try something different, we did in the summer, albeit late but we signed three known players on deadline day and ones that in their short time have made a big difference. this club has failings we all know it, yet for us to keep moaning about it then moan when they try and sort it makes no sense.

i said wenger deserves praise for the last few games and league in february because he does. he does deserve critiscm too but not now, not in the league. this team was written off yet we could realisticly get third. massive achievement if we do, even fourth is given the start of the season. lets praise the club when it gets it right and moan when it doesnt. in the last few weeks in the league and performances the club have got it right and deserve praise

Power n Glory
09-03-2012, 08:55 PM
Nope, this isn't a done deal.

Cripps_orig
09-03-2012, 08:56 PM
What player signed on deadline day has made a big difference?

Olivier's xmas twist
10-03-2012, 12:16 AM
Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger is reported to be lining up a bid to sign Dynamo Kiev's Ukrainian international striker Andriy Yarmolenko, 22.
(http://www.uefa.com/uefaeuropaleague/season=2012/clubs/player=250000069/index.html)
Tottenham have joined Arsenal and Liverpool in the race to land Werder Bremen's 22-year-old midfielder Marko Marin, (http://www.werder.de/en/team/spieler/41450.php) according to German media reports.

Former Germany goalkeeper Jens Lehmann, 42, could be heading for a third Arsenal spell after being offered a temporary coaching role at Emirates Stadium.
Full story: Daily Mail (http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2112868/Jens-Lehmann-offered-Arsenal-return-coach.html#ixzz1of9KjIqI)

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/gossip/

(http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/gossip/)

Cripps_orig
10-03-2012, 01:04 AM

: (http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/gossip/)bow: mad Jens, see,s like we could have a of german in the team lol.What?

Master Splinter
10-03-2012, 04:37 AM
What?

Your Charlieglyphics-decoding skills :rose:.

Japan Shaking All Over
10-03-2012, 08:53 AM

: (http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/gossip/)bow: mad Jens, see,s like we could have a of german in the team lol.

Marin is decent.....
Charlie's comment is not.....;)

Olivier's xmas twist
10-03-2012, 08:59 AM
Marin is decent.....
Charlie's comment is not.....;)

:lol:

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
10-03-2012, 09:29 AM
that argument is very valid but there is a difference now. we have never done deals this early, yes i know its season ticket renewal time but surely the board arent that fucking stupid to lead us on get our money then go sorry was a lie, given the anger this season.

but however, you moaned about us making the same mistakes etc each year and every year at this time syaing maybe next season etc etc, but the club are clearly trying to sign a striker and a top class one at that. wenger has seen that he has to try something different, we did in the summer, albeit late but we signed three known players on deadline day and ones that in their short time have made a big difference. this club has failings we all know it, yet for us to keep moaning about it then moan when they try and sort it makes no sense.

i said wenger deserves praise for the last few games and league in february because he does. he does deserve critiscm too but not now, not in the league. this team was written off yet we could realisticly get third. massive achievement if we do, even fourth is given the start of the season. lets praise the club when it gets it right and moan when it doesnt. in the last few weeks in the league and performances the club have got it right and deserve praise

how have we gone from the podolski transfer to talking about praising the team in the league?

im fully aware we have been excellent in the league and havent said a bad word about our league performance for about a month now. all im saying is with this podolski transfer id rather wait until its confirmed on arsenal.com than get overexcited, only to be left disappointed like we have a number of times. its only rational to be rather cautious due to our past.

my gut feeling is the deal is probably done, but if i were to hype myself up im only going to hit rock bottom if it falls through.

Japan Shaking All Over
10-03-2012, 10:16 AM
how have we gone from the podolski transfer to talking about praising the team in the league?

im fully aware we have been excellent in the league and havent said a bad word about our league performance for about a month now. all im saying is with this podolski transfer id rather wait until its confirmed on arsenal.com than get overexcited, only to be left disappointed like we have a number of times. its only rational to be rather cautious due to our past.

my gut feeling is the deal is probably done, but if i were to hype myself up im only going to hit rock bottom if it falls through.

but if i were to hype myself up im only going to hit rock bottom if it falls through.

don't worry the bruising from countless falls.....usual helps soften the blow.....welcome to a GoonersParadise :d

Dog Toffee
10-03-2012, 01:10 PM
What player signed on deadline day has made a big difference?

Santos did when he was fit. Arteta has also.

Cripps_orig
10-03-2012, 01:19 PM
Arteta has sure made a difference in the passing sideways/backwards stat

And Santos has made a difference in our food budget

Syn
10-03-2012, 01:47 PM
Arteta has sure made a difference in the passing sideways/backwards stat

And Santos has made a difference in our food budget

Arteta has been a very important reason why we fuck up less towards the end of games. It's not all about throwing yourself 100mph into blocks and playing hollywood balls - and as a fan of Gilberto, you should be able to appreciate what Arteta brings to the team. I agree that he probably needs to take some more risks because I feel his passing range and vision is better than what he has shown for us. Certainly for Everton he was allowed to play with a bit more freedom and show that. But he has definitely made a difference. Missing quality players like Nasri, Fabregas and Wilshere will obviously make our midfield a lot weaker; but Arteta is one of the reasons we have been able to cope.

Santos' impact was typically shortened by injury but it's no coincidence that we played our best fluent football when we had fullbacks that were great in attack; Jenkinson and Santos. For all of Sagna's defensive capabilities (and tbf he has put in a goal and assist recently in key games) I think we miss out a lot in attack because he isn't as comfortable in attack.

I think 3 of those late signings; Mertesacker, Arteta and Santos were good. Maybe even Benayoun was a good move and I think he should've been given more chances. If we want to win the league, we obviously need better players around them but these 3 were worth buying regardless. At the time of the signings, I guess we weren't really worried about winning the league - that already looked impossible by that stage given how limited our squad options were. But the squad has done reasonably well to get us up to the position we're in now.

alexander
10-03-2012, 02:40 PM
Arteta has been a very important reason why we fuck up less towards the end of games. It's not all about throwing yourself 100mph into blocks and playing hollywood balls - and as a fan of Gilberto, you should be able to appreciate what Arteta brings to the team. I agree that he probably needs to take some more risks because I feel his passing range and vision is better than what he has shown for us. Certainly for Everton he was allowed to play with a bit more freedom and show that. But he has definitely made a difference. Missing quality players like Nasri, Fabregas and Wilshere will obviously make our midfield a lot weaker; but Arteta is one of the reasons we have been able to cope.

Santos' impact was typically shortened by injury but it's no coincidence that we played our best fluent football when we had fullbacks that were great in attack; Jenkinson and Santos. For all of Sagna's defensive capabilities (and tbf he has put in a goal and assist recently in key games) I think we miss out a lot in attack because he isn't as comfortable in attack.

I think 3 of those late signings; Mertesacker, Arteta and Santos were good. Maybe even Benayoun was a good move and I think he should've been given more chances. If we want to win the league, we obviously need better players around them but these 3 were worth buying regardless. At the time of the signings, I guess we weren't really worried about winning the league - that already looked impossible by that stage given how limited our squad options were. But the squad has done reasonably well to get us up to the position we're in now.

Agree with this really. Arteta and Merts are a calming influence, much better than Denilson and DJ will ever be. Santos, before his injury was really looking like a good signing, improving and offering good attacking options. The signing of Park, well, that was maybe a mistake.

Power n Glory
10-03-2012, 02:46 PM

I think we've wasted £10m on Arteta. I won't fault his effort and work rate, but what he'a doing could have been done by someone else in the squad. As long as he doesn't pick someone that is a lazy sod like Denilson, then we'd have been able to cope. Arteta isn't quick or that strong and his passing and awareness is pretty dodgy. He can often get caught napping. Wilshere was able to play that role because he had a good engine and was able to do it better because he'a quicker and has great awareness. Coquelin or Rosicky could have slotted into that position and then we spend the money a real playmaker. Or if we needed cover, buy a solid box to box player, but Arteta doesn't make much sense to me. Not in that position anyway. But he's doing an okay job, so I won't complain too much. The experience in the dressing room does help.

Syn
10-03-2012, 02:58 PM
I think we've wasted £10m on Arteta. I won't fault his effort and work rate, but what he'a doing could have been done by someone else in the squad. As long as he doesn't pick someone that is a lazy sod like Denilson, then we'd have been able to cope. Arteta isn't quick or that strong and his passing and awareness is pretty dodgy. He can often get caught napping. Wilshere was able to play that role because he had a good engine and was able to do it better because he'a quicker and has great awareness. Coquelin or Rosicky could have slotted into that position and then we spend the money a real playmaker. Or if we needed cover, buy a solid box to box player, but Arteta doesn't make much sense to me. Not in that position anyway. But he's doing an okay job, so I won't complain too much. The experience in the dressing room does help.

I'm not sure about the caught napping bit. At least, not much more than anyone else. Everyone makes mistakes but as far as I can see, he doesn't make many at all. And maybe he doesn't make mistakes because he doesn't take many risks but he has chipped in with a few goals and assists in the league so he's not bad on the attacking front. I think without an experienced player like him we'd have the danger of being even more inconsistent than have been.

Poor planning meant Arsenal were probably forced into that signing. He was needed and I think he has made a difference. But with Fabregas leaving, I was hoping that Arsenal would look to have a more dynamic midfield. Maybe they did plan to with Ramsey and Wilshere being box-to-box and Song sitting but obviously it hasn't worked out that way with Jack's injury.

But £10m doesn't buy you a lot these days. I think it was a good signing, personally. Obviously that, alone, wasn't going to be enough after losing 2 talented midfielders (and another one through injury).

Power n Glory
10-03-2012, 03:23 PM
I'm not sure about the caught napping bit. At least, not much more than anyone else. Everyone makes mistakes but as far as I can see, he doesn't make many at all. And maybe he doesn't make mistakes because he doesn't take many risks but he has chipped in with a few goals and assists in the league so he's not bad on the attacking front. I think without an experienced player like him we'd have the danger of being even more inconsistent than have been.

Poor planning meant Arsenal were probably forced into that signing. He was needed and I think he has made a difference. But with Fabregas leaving, I was hoping that Arsenal would look to have a more dynamic midfield. Maybe they did plan to with Ramsey and Wilshere being box-to-box and Song sitting but obviously it hasn't worked out that way with Jack's injury.

But £10m doesn't buy you a lot these days. I think it was a good signing, personally. Obviously that, alone, wasn't going to be enough after losing 2 talented midfielders (and another one through injury).

Yeah, Wenger did say that he had Ramsey and Arteta in mind. He says it here when referring to the RVP situation.

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11670/7583571/Arsenal-rule-out-RVP-exit

"We will not lose anybody to Manchester City, or to anybody else because we want to keep our players," stated Wenger.

"I can only let people talk. We want to keep Robin Van Persie, that is clear, we will do everything possible to extend his contract, that is clear.

"I was very adamant but at the end of the day, it (Nasri) was a difficult situation to manage," he continued. "We had the players and we felt that [Aaron] Ramsey and [Jack] Wilshere could work.

"Would we keep Robin even if he doesn't extend? Yes, of course. Our plan is just to keep Robin van Persie, even if we buy any player."

But at £10, there were options. We knew about the Nasri and Fabregas situation well in advance and Wenger could have moved for Sessegnon and played him as the more advanced attacking player. That would have been a good purchase. Finding a dynamic attacking midfield player would have been difficult, but a hard working solid central midfield player must have been around at that price. It was poor planning. I just wouldn't have bought a player like Arteta to play a battling role. Maybe Wenger has plans to push him forward when JW gets back.

Olivier's xmas twist
10-03-2012, 04:00 PM
Sessegnon :haha: is he really what we need and sure there is some much much better then him.

GP
10-03-2012, 04:12 PM
Sessegnon :haha: is he really what we need and sure there is some much much better then him.

He seems a pretty pointless player. Diving little sod, too.

Olivier's xmas twist
10-03-2012, 04:35 PM

Yep why anybody things he'd be class for us is strange.

Power n Glory
10-03-2012, 05:31 PM

If we're talking within the £10m price range then he was a good option. Watch him play. Watch his highlights or Youtube him. Look at the close control, power, dribbling skills, shooting and passing. Compare that to Ramsey or Arteta and I'd say Sessegnon is the player that handle himself better in the final third or when getting marked tightly. Some of you only look at the name of the player and what team he plays for and then start to make silly assumptions because you've never heard of him. Just weigh up his attributes and see how he handles himself. Been watching Ramsey play in the final third for months now and he hasn't got it because he lacks in a lot of areas. It's also funny that some of you are prepared to give Gervinho a chance even though you had never heard of him prior to joining Arsenal. Double standards.

Master Splinter
10-03-2012, 07:55 PM
http://www.thenational.ae/sport/football/manchester-city-strike-agreement-for-arsenals-robin-van-persie

I'm 101% certain that RVP would not go to Citeh. Can't wait for more brilliant articles like this.

Ollie the Optimist
10-03-2012, 08:47 PM
http://www.thenational.ae/sport/football/manchester-city-strike-agreement-for-arsenals-robin-van-persie

I'm 101% certain that RVP would not go to Citeh. Can't wait for more brilliant articles like this.

that article says his agent is darren dein and its not, its someone else so that wrong for a start.

also that paper is owned by the owner of city i believe, could be wrong on that but thats what i heard.

also robin wouldnt do that and its bollocks. if true, get the ****s for tapping up

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
10-03-2012, 09:22 PM

are we? says who? if arsene or anyone from the club has said so please direct me.

and im all for changing our ways, but i repeat, we have signed NOONE yet and its all pure speculation. podolski has just said he hasnt decided his future yet, go check the news.

so i know what id rather believe.

im being pessimistic and negative because as i said earlier, it saves me getting pissed off later if we fuck it up, like we seem to always do.

and your last paragraph :blink: i just said i have no criticism for our form in the league so why are you insinuating ive criticised us in the league? ive been praising us :blink:

Cripps_orig
11-03-2012, 12:21 AM
Arsenal are set to snatch Ajax's £10m-rated centre-back Jan Vertonghen , 24, from under Tottenham's noses.
Full story: Sunday Mirror

Bundesliga club Hannover are ready to offer Sunderland's on-loan Arsenal striker Nicklas Bendtner a chance to kickstart his career with a £4m move to Germany this summer.

Manager Alan Pardew has challenged Newcastle to show their Champions League credentials by beating Arsenal on Monday.
Full story: Newcastle Chronicle

Jack Wilshere has posted a video of his six-month-old son Archie on the internet, in which the youngster shows off some impressive ball skills.
Full story: MetroYay

Bye

Cant remember the last time we beat Newcastle

Oh

Japan Shaking All Over
11-03-2012, 01:09 AM
10 mil for Vertonghen = no brainer - TV5 to do his bit

Arsenal tapping power :bow:

Japan Shaking All Over
11-03-2012, 01:29 AM
Daliy Mirror Van Basten Interview

http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/transfer-news/Marco-Van-Basten-Exclusive-Arsenal-need-to-spend-65m-on-FOUR-players-to-keep-Robin-Van-Persie-article876433.html

4 players are;

1) Podolski
2) Goetze
3) Vertonghen
4) Javier Martinez

Big bucks to land all thoses but if we have the minerals and landed them all, I would be happy, covers every area on the field apart from GK (back-up to Sir Ches may be needed)

Stories has Podolski closer than the rest, Vertonghen value going down because of contract so could see that happening (would have to shed some excess we have at CB tho!) DJ bye bye? where does that leave Miquel? co he hasn't done bad when asked to fill in!

Goetze and Martinez would take more money and you know our adversion to doing that! but if we want to be taken seriously then what choice do we have (@SWAYR yes, I know this sounds like the same old shit that has been said before......but you tell me how else to word it!!!)

Goetze is quality but where does he fit in in a fully fit squad......would hi and Jack be battling it out?

Martinez sounds like a an enforcer type similar to what M'Villa was being billed as last year......not sure how serious this name is.....but a bit of steel in the middle would not go amiss.

The bottom line is that all of these signings would added quality to what we have in the squad/would allow us to cut off some of the dross that occupies our bench. The time for sentiment is over.....we need to get rid of the guys that were playing first team football last year and went out on loan this.....Denilson/Vela/Bendtner....thoses out on loan as part of their developement can come back....Ryu

Those that are still there some can go, some can stay......Diaby/Yossi (thanks a lot) bye bye - Rosicky would keep

BUT this can only happen if we bring in the talent......that has been said before and CAN be said again

Olivier's xmas twist
11-03-2012, 10:59 AM
10 mil for Vertonghen = no brainer - TV5 to do his bit

Arsenal tapping power :bow:

Good sigining tbh he can play LB too. He an TV 5 will be a solid partnership at the back.

Cripps_orig
11-03-2012, 11:01 AM
Good sigining tbh he can play LB too.We thought the same about Vermaelen tbh

Olivier's xmas twist
11-03-2012, 11:12 AM
Daliy Mirror Van Basten Interview

http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/transfer-news/Marco-Van-Basten-Exclusive-Arsenal-need-to-spend-65m-on-FOUR-players-to-keep-Robin-Van-Persie-article876433.html

4 players are;

1) Podolski
2) Goetze
3) Vertonghen
4) Javier Martinez

Big bucks to land all thoses but if we have the minerals and landed them all, I would be happy, covers every area on the field apart from GK (back-up to Sir Ches may be needed)

Stories has Podolski closer than the rest, Vertonghen value going down because of contract so could see that happening (would have to shed some excess we have at CB tho!) DJ bye bye? where does that leave Miquel? co he hasn't done bad when asked to fill in!

Goetze and Martinez would take more money and you know our adversion to doing that! but if we want to be taken seriously then what choice do we have (@SWAYR yes, I know this sounds like the same old shit that has been said before......but you tell me how else to word it!!!)

Goetze is quality but where does he fit in in a fully fit squad......would hi and Jack be battling it out?

Martinez sounds like a an enforcer type similar to what M'Villa was being billed as last year......not sure how serious this name is.....but a bit of steel in the middle would not go amiss.

The bottom line is that all of these signings would added quality to what we have in the squad/would allow us to cut off some of the dross that occupies our bench. The time for sentiment is over.....we need to get rid of the guys that were playing first team football last year and went out on loan this.....Denilson/Vela/Bendtner....thoses out on loan as part of their developement can come back....Ryu

Those that are still there some can go, some can stay......Diaby/Yossi (thanks a lot) bye bye - Rosicky would keep

BUT this can only happen if we bring in the talent......that has been said before and CAN be said again

Olivier's xmas twist
11-03-2012, 11:14 AM
We thought the same about Vermaelen tbh

We'll he looked good when he came here tbf and looked like out best defender not sure why he looks so poor this season.

Cripps_orig
11-03-2012, 11:15 AM
We'll he looked good when he came here tbf and looked like out best defender not sure why he looks so poor this season.He was injured all last season so we couldnt see it fully then but Wengeritis has done its work well

Coney
11-03-2012, 09:21 PM
Hmmmmmm. . . .thanks for that Coney?
bored by any chance. . .or did Wiki heat up some hidden Polak ancestry inside your (beer)belly

Bored is correct. :good:

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
11-03-2012, 10:22 PM
out:

chamakh, squillaci, arshavin, denilson, bendtner

in:

podolski, gotze, vertonghen

i can dream i guess.

Ollie the Optimist
11-03-2012, 10:56 PM
out:

chamakh, squillaci, arshavin, denilson, bendtner

in:

podolski, gotze, vertonghen

i can dream i guess.

do we actually need this guy? we have merts, kos and tv5 as defenders with miquel who looks good imo as backup, sagna santos gibbs and jenkison as full backs with yarrnis too. think it would be a waste of money when we can spend it elsewhere

Cripps_orig
11-03-2012, 11:00 PM
Yes

We need quality defenders and hes better than most of who you named there

Dennis Bendtner
11-03-2012, 11:04 PM
Managing to sell all unwanted players would be an accomplishment in itself. Probably another set of loans. I think Almunia and Bendtner's contracts are up, but there's work to do on the rest. Maybe there's one of those permanent deal agreements for Arshavin's loan. Hope Chamakh's stock is still reasonable in France or summink, but his wages will be high. Squid and Denilson, fucking hell.

Olivier's xmas twist
11-03-2012, 11:52 PM
do we actually need this guy? we have merts, kos and tv5 as defenders with miquel who looks good imo as backup, sagna santos gibbs and jenkison as full backs with yarrnis too. think it would be a waste of money when we can spend it elsewhere

Yes it would not hurt to have 4 quality CB's tbh and he can play LB too. Id rather have him over Djorou tbh. Although with Bartley coming back who knows.

Cripps_orig
12-03-2012, 12:05 AM
Arsenal striker Robin van Persie has accepted proposed wages of £210,000 a week to move to Manchester City, although a transfer fee has yet to be agreed between the two clubs. The deal would make the 28-year-old the Premier League's highest-earning player once City sell Carlos Tevez.
Full story: the Sunday Times (subscription required)

Bye

Cripps_orig
12-03-2012, 12:37 AM
Germany forward Lukas Podolski has insisted that his proposed £10.9m transfer from Cologne to Arsenal is far from a done deal.
Full story: Metro

Twitter :lol:

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
12-03-2012, 12:38 AM

yep. we need someone who can play everywhere across the back.

look at our fullback situation this situation. never ending injuries.

gibbs is never fit. jenkinsons shite.

sagna will get injured at some point and we never have all cb's fit.

plus he's class.

Cripps_orig
12-03-2012, 01:57 AM
ARSENE WENGER wants to sign Montpellier's Younes Belhanda.

The Arsenal chief rarely concedes he is interested in specific players.

But he has revealed he wants the £15million-rated Moroccan midfielder, 22.

And the player, who has two years left on his contract, has insisted he wants to move to the Premier League next season.

Wenger said: "I know Younes well and like him a lot.

"But I don't want to cause problems. Only Montpellier can decide where he goes to.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/4187838/Arsene-Wenger-in-for-Younes-Belhanda.html

Can see this happening

African playing in France, a bit shit, no ones heard of him. Ticks all the boxes

Japan Shaking All Over
12-03-2012, 02:00 AM

I get what you're saying and to be honest we would be crowding things a bit but for a reasonable price I would say yes, he has the versatility that we could use, heaps of experience for his age. DJ would have to go would feel sorry for Miquel but we need a strong squad, a bench of winners, not saying Miquel isnt and his time may come, just looking excellence to replace players like Squid and DJ!

GP
12-03-2012, 09:07 AM
jenkinsons shite.

Open your eyes

Syn
12-03-2012, 09:31 AM
Nothing wrong with jenko tbf. Played our best football of the season with him charging down the right. Works his bollocks off too and a gooner - can see him developing into a bit of a fans favourite.

GP
12-03-2012, 09:32 AM
Sexy haircut, too.

Marc Overmars
12-03-2012, 09:44 AM
Yeah, a GHELcut for GHELkinson.

GP
12-03-2012, 09:53 AM
All joking aside, I've been massively impressed by him. I feel confident when he plays, which is more than I can say for Gibbs.

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
12-03-2012, 10:13 AM
yeah he's alright i guess.

still a bit of a reliability. but he'll only get better.

still need to sign vertonghen.

GP
12-03-2012, 11:12 AM
Tomas Rosicky has signed a new contract :scarf:

dazthegooner
12-03-2012, 11:14 AM
Yep http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-archive/rosicky-signs-new-contract-at-arsenal

Xhaka Can’t
12-03-2012, 11:25 AM
Let's hope we see plenty more of the play he has served up over the past few weeks.

GP
12-03-2012, 11:31 AM
Let's hope we see plenty more of the play he has served up over the past few weeks.

Nah, he's got his contract, he'll be injured next week.

Olivier's xmas twist
12-03-2012, 01:26 PM
http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/4187838/Arsene-Wenger-in-for-Younes-Belhanda.html

Can see this happening

African playing in France, a bit shit, no ones heard of him. Ticks all the boxes

Feck that, one shit Moroccan is enough thanks.

Japan Shaking All Over
12-03-2012, 01:54 PM
Tomas Rosicky has signed a new contract :scarf:

Just like a new signing. . . .with rumours of Podolski. . to add, the wheels of Wengers waiting period finally grind into motion? ?

Master Splinter
12-03-2012, 05:10 PM

Open your eyes

What a big man you are.

Munchies
12-03-2012, 05:38 PM
Feck that, one shit Moroccan is enough thanks.

He also looks like Chakma's clone .

McNamara That Ghost...
12-03-2012, 06:40 PM
Villa have reached an agreement to sign Brett Holmann from AZ. :unsure:

Cripps_orig
12-03-2012, 06:45 PM
Long-time Arsenal and Real Madrid target Yann M'Vila will be leaving Rennes this summer, according to manager Frederic Antonetti.

The promising defensive midfielder, who has been heavily linked with both clubs in the past, is now set to be the subject of an intense bidding war come the the end of the campaign.

"Yann M'Vila won't be a Stade Rennais player next season," Antonetti revealed to Radio Monte Carlo.

The 21-year-old, who has three years to run on his contract, has been capped 18 times by France, becoming national coach Laurent Blanc's most used player during his tenure in charge of Les Bleus.

Rennes, currently fifth in Ligue 1, play their last match of the season on May 20 before France kick off their Euro 2012 campaign against England on June 11.

M'Vila had previously stated in November that he felt ready to leave the club but wanted to wait until after the summer tournament in Poland and Ukraine to take the next step in his career.

His Rennes team-mate, Kader Mangane, also told Goal.com in that month that the youngster "will join Real Madrid or Arsenal next summer".

The midfielder has made 33 appearances in all competitions for his club so far this term, scoring once in the Europa League.

http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/3274/ligue-1/2012/03/12/2962724/arsenal-real-madrid-target-yann-mvila-will-leave-rennes-this

Marc Overmars
12-03-2012, 06:51 PM
Think we need a creative midfielder rather than a defensive one. Coq is an able deputy for Song.

Maestro
12-03-2012, 07:47 PM
http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/sport/football/lukas-podolski-grabs-wrong-sort-of-attention-but-gunners-will-test-his-character-7562448.html

looks like someone is doing their best to leave

Olivier's xmas twist
12-03-2012, 07:55 PM
http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/sport/football/lukas-podolski-grabs-wrong-sort-of-attention-but-gunners-will-test-his-character-7562448.html

What a Ghgl :lol:

Özim
12-03-2012, 08:45 PM

Good player and would be a very good signing however he says:

He said: “If I want to win titles, I have to leave my home and never come back.”

Why the f*ck is he coming to us, he's not going to win any titles whilst ******* is still here?

Olivier's xmas twist
12-03-2012, 08:50 PM
Good player and would be a very good signing however he says:

Why the f*ck is he coming to us, he's not going to win any titles whilst ******* is still here?

Same old Zimm even when we try to sign Quality to fucking moan.

Özim
12-03-2012, 08:57 PM
Same old Zimm even when we try to sign Quality to fucking moan.
a) We haven't signed him yet
b) I'm not moaning, would welcome him
c) ******* is still here, that's bad, that's very bad for our chances of winning anything

Olivier's xmas twist
12-03-2012, 09:08 PM
a) We haven't signed him yet
b) I'm not moaning, would welcome him
c) ******* is still here, that's bad, that's very bad for our chances of winning anything

Fair points but just be happy if we sign him lol.

Cripps_orig
13-03-2012, 12:05 AM
Arsenal have joined Newcastle in the race to sign £5m-rated French midfielder Benjamin Corgne, 24, after Gunners scout Gilles Grimandi watched him again on Saturday.

Rennes manager Frederic Antonetti says 21-year-old French midfielder Yann M'Vila, who has been linked with Arsenal, will leave the club at the end of the season.
Full story: Goal.com

Meanwhile, Dalglish wants the FA to throw the book at Arsenal counterpart Arsene Wenger, who recently labelled Liverpool striker Luis Suarez a diver.
Full story: Daily Mirror

No thanks to the Pub Teamers

Dalglish :haha:

Olivier's xmas twist
13-03-2012, 12:08 AM
No thanks to the Pub Teamers

Seems like the King is loosing the plot, still then entertainment he brings is gold ?

Ollie the Optimist
13-03-2012, 12:12 AM
dalglish makes wenger look like a good loser. what a bitter ****

Master Splinter
13-03-2012, 12:54 AM

The Old Hag™ will have a breakdown soon.

What an embarrassment.

Olivier's xmas twist
14-03-2012, 12:29 AM
NDREY ARSHAVIN wants to return to Arsenal this summer after his loan at Zenit St Petersburg.
He said: "I want to come back. My family are comfortable in London. But every footballer wants to play."

Yet top Russian TV pundit Gennadi Orlov said: "He slows the Zenit team down and has a weight problem."

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/4158639/Football-transfer-gossip-news.html

Dog Toffee
14-03-2012, 10:16 AM

our most successful ever manager?

Flavs
14-03-2012, 10:18 AM
Podolski is having a medical at London Colney according to the media

Olivier's xmas twist
14-03-2012, 10:19 AM

The star said he passed it yeserday in Germany.

Olivier's xmas twist
14-03-2012, 10:22 AM
Arsenal chairman Peter Hill-Wood believes Robin van Persie is settled at the club and would not be lured away by the offer of a lucrative contract, while he has also insisted there is money to spend in the transfer market if the 'right person' can be found.

Lukas Podolski has emerged as a possible summer signing for the Gunners and fresh reports on Wednesday suggest the Cologne striker has undergone a medical in Germany that was overseen by officials from the London club.

The pursuit of Podolski has been viewed as an attempt to bolster Arsenal's attacking options rather than as a potential replacement for Van Persie, whose future has been the subject of intense speculation in recent months.

The Dutchman's current deal at the Emirates Stadium is due to expire in June 2013 and he has put contract talks on hold until the end of this season.

Van Persie has been in such spectacular form this season that a number of other clubs are sure to be following his situation with interest, but Hill-Wood is confident he will not be going anywhere.

While Arsenal are believed to be ready to offer Van Persie a massive pay hike, Hill-Wood does not think he is obsessed with financial rewards and is more concerned about having a successful career at the club he loves.

"I think Robin and his family are very happy in London and I don't think he is solely motivated by money as some players are," Hill-Wood said in the Daily Star.

Not silly prices

As well as Podolski, Arsenal have been linked with a move for his £30million-rated German compatriot Mario Gotze, from Borussia Dortmund.

Reports have claimed that Arsenal are ready to not only push through a move for Podolski but also break their transfer record to land Gotze.

Hill-Wood says there are funds available to Wenger, although the club will only spend if they feel it is a good deal.

"If we find the right person for the right position we are happy to buy," said Hill-Wood.

"We have got enough to pay anything but silly prices."

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11670/7595026/Hill-Wood-RVP-is-happy
Interesting.

Flavs
14-03-2012, 10:23 AM
The star said.

Stopped reading there tbh

Kano
14-03-2012, 10:57 AM

why would he have a medical now, when he could easily fall to pieces in the next few months?

LDG
14-03-2012, 11:12 AM
why would he have a medical now, when he could easily fall to pieces in the next few months?

Our luck with injuries is exemplary :sulk:

I should imagine the deal is done, and we're double checking it all through.

I'm sure he'd have a proper medical before signing officially.

In fact, it's probably a bloody good idea. Because if anything shows up, we can ditch it and move on quickly.

Seems like we're trying to get business done early, efficiently and ready for the next campaign. Good news.

KSE Comedy Club
14-03-2012, 12:44 PM
How is it possible to do a medical and tie a deal up early when the window isn't open and podolski is under contract?

I assume because they know he wants to leave they are more willing to get a deal done early too rather than drag it out all summer?

McNamara That Ghost...
14-03-2012, 12:55 PM
How is it possible to do a medical and tie a deal up early when the window isn't open and podolski is under contract?

I assume because they know he wants to leave they are more willing to get a deal done early too rather than drag it out all summer?

It'll just be tied in to a pre-contract agreement, no point leaving things to chance.

Fist of Lehmann
14-03-2012, 12:57 PM
With FC Colon's permission we can pretty much do everything other than transfer his registration outside the window. As I understand it.

Coney
14-03-2012, 01:06 PM
It'll just be tied in to a pre-contract agreement, no point leaving things to chance.

Except that a pre-contract agreement is itself a contract. Maybe the rules are worded so that it has to be an actual transfer contract and not a pre-nup. Time for the lawyers to earn a shit load of money arguing about it?

Marc Overmars
14-03-2012, 01:10 PM
We can sign anyone we want now, they just obviously can't be registered as an Arsenal player until July 1st. These type of deals aren't common because most players do not want to discuss their future while they still have an obligation to perform for their current club.

McNamara That Ghost...
14-03-2012, 01:14 PM
Except that a pre-contract agreement is itself a contract. Maybe the rules are worded so that it has to be an actual transfer contract and not a pre-nup. Time for the lawyers to earn a shit load of money arguing about it?

Indeed but if the two clubs agree on it, then it makes little difference as to how it would contradict rules of tapping someone up.

Cripps_orig
15-03-2012, 12:03 AM
Liverpool, Arsenal and Tottenham are all chasing Fulham playmaker Moussa Dembele, with the Belgian star impressing for the Cottagers so far this season.

According to reports in Germany, Hamburg are set to beat Arsenal, Man Utd and Juventus to the signature of FC Basel's 19-year-old midfielder Granit Xhaka.
Full story: Footy Latest

yay

Japan Shaking All Over
15-03-2012, 01:12 AM
yay

Dembale has put in good performances this year. . , but Dempsey is the only one I would really welcome from Fulham

Master Splinter
15-03-2012, 05:57 AM
The Dempsey Bandwagon :bow:.

Marc Overmars
15-03-2012, 08:14 AM
Dempsey only has a year left on his deal as well. We need to make a move now.

Kano
15-03-2012, 08:35 AM
with wilshere, diaby, rosicky, the ox and ramsey in there, i can’t see us buying him. would love us to go for the demps though.

Coney
15-03-2012, 09:11 AM
According to reports in Germany, Hamburg are set to beat Arsenal, Man Utd and Juventus to the signature of FC Basel's 19-year-old midfielder Granit Xhaka.
Full story: Footy Latest

yay

Here we go already. "According to reports... " etc. :blah: :blah: :blah: :blah: :blah: :blah: :blah:

And I bet the doomsayers will use this to prove that the world is at an end, we will never buy any players ever, we will lose all matches, even the ones we win, etc.

LDG
15-03-2012, 09:29 AM
I think we should sign Dempsey. I know it's not really on anyone's radar right now, so thought I'd put it out there. Thoughts?

GP
15-03-2012, 09:31 AM
I think we should sign Dempsey. I know it's not really on anyone's radar right now, so thought I'd put it out there. Thoughts?

Great idea.

Master Splinter
15-03-2012, 02:09 PM
with wilshere, diaby, rosicky, the ox and ramsey in there, i can’t see us buying him. would love us to go for the demps though.

Dempsey is a forward though?

He's often Fulham's main striker. He would be effective in all forward positions.

LDG
15-03-2012, 02:26 PM

He's often Fulham's main striker. He would be effective in all forward positions.

And some Alex Song positions too.

PGFC
15-03-2012, 02:53 PM

I'm surprised he's not already an Arsenal player, he's certainly wasted at Fulham, though He's probably too old now at 29 for AW to actively pursue ##

Kano
15-03-2012, 03:25 PM

with a 433 i couldn't see him being used upfront in the middle or wanting to play occasionally from the bench behind another striker like RVP

Cripps_orig
16-03-2012, 12:06 AM
Juventus are thought to have set aside £30m for a big summer signing, with strikers Robin Van Persie and Luis Suarez rumoured to be on their wanted list.

Fulham have opened talks with playmaker Moussa Dembele in attempt to prevent interest from Tottenham, Liverpool and Arsenal.
Full story: Daily Mail

£30m? :lol: Havent Juve done their homework? Im sure if they negotiated they can get the price down to £20m knowing Wenger.

No thanks to Dembele

Olivier's xmas twist
16-03-2012, 12:07 AM
£30m? :lol: Havent Juve done their homework? Im sure if they negotiated they can get the price down to £20m knowing Wenger.

No thanks to Dembele

So Sureaz would cost 10 Mill lol.

Cripps_orig
16-03-2012, 12:08 AM
I think they have £30m for one of them, not both

Jens' Face
16-03-2012, 04:45 AM
http://www.yanksarecoming.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/12/clintcrazy.jpg http://campaign2012.washingtonexaminer.com/sites/default/files/styles/blog_listing_full/public/houston_superbowl.jpg

Japan Shaking All Over
16-03-2012, 06:17 AM
:tumbleweed: hmmmmmm

Syn
16-03-2012, 09:46 AM
Classic jay eff. Always backing the team in white.

Cripps_orig
17-03-2012, 12:11 AM
Italian giants Juventus have set aside a £30m transfer war chest to acquire a world-class striker, with Liverpool's Luis Suarez and Arsenal's Robin van Persie topping their wanted list.

Alessandro del Piero's agent says the 37-year-old striker could be set for a summer move away from Juventus, with Arsenal reportedly interested.
Full story: Sky Sports

Arsenal striker Park Chu-Young, 26, will not have to join the South Korean army to complete his compulsory military service.

Del Piero :bow:

Cripps_orig
17-03-2012, 12:29 AM
Nuri Sahin available on loan in the summer apparently

Worth a shot

Japan Shaking All Over
17-03-2012, 03:31 AM
Nuri Sahin available on loan in the summer apparently

Worth a shot

Agree. . .earlier rather than later as this guy has played a grand total of one game for Real Maureen. . .loan with eye to buy

Dennis Bendtner
17-03-2012, 11:43 AM
I saw Podolski talking about a potential move to Lazio on SSN today.

Mass suicide?

Coney
17-03-2012, 11:45 AM

Mass suicide?

His agent probably hasn't finished negotiating for his cut yet.

Dog Toffee
17-03-2012, 01:34 PM

If Wenger signed a 37 Y.O Del Pero I'd officially join the Wenger Out bandwagon. Luckily though, its probably the most stupid transfer rumour Ive ever heard.

Cripps_orig
17-03-2012, 01:38 PM
Still better than all of our strikers bar RVP tbh

Dog Toffee
17-03-2012, 01:56 PM
We dont need other strikers.

Cripps_orig
17-03-2012, 01:57 PM
We only have one decent one in RVP

So yeah we do

Ollie the Optimist
17-03-2012, 04:22 PM

Mass suicide?

he also gave one of the worst denaials ever about the medical with us. he said something like you have no photos to prove it and i cant deny it 100%

Japan Shaking All Over
17-03-2012, 04:37 PM
he also gave one of the worst denaials ever about the medical with us. he said something like you have no photos to prove it and i cant deny it 100%

Starting to think SWAYR's way was right

Dog Toffee
17-03-2012, 05:18 PM
http://i.qkme.me/2hpg.jpg

hobson's choice
17-03-2012, 05:28 PM

Mass suicide?

I hope it's true

Cripps_orig
17-03-2012, 05:31 PM
Lazio bit or mass suicide?

If the Lazio bit then hope not. The guy is fucking quality as seen over the years and hes within our price range. Biggest Must Get since Sol Campbell

Olivier's xmas twist
17-03-2012, 05:49 PM
We dont need other strikers.

:wacko:

What Arsenal team you been watching.

Marc Overmars
18-03-2012, 11:12 AM
Ajax centre-back Jan Vertonghen has signalled his desire to join Arsenal this summer.

The highly-rated Belgian has just one year to run on his contract and Ajax are expected to demand a fee in the region of £10million for his services.

Arsene Wenger is a keen admirer of the 24-year-old defender with Tottenham and Newcastle also interested.

Vertonghen, who is a close friend of Thomas Vermaelen, was at the Emirates for Arsenal's Champions League tie against AC Milan earlier this month.

'Arsenal are a magnificent club and I hear a lot of good things about English football,' Vertonghen said.

'If a club of Arsenal's calibre can reach agreement with Ajax, then I will gladly go over.

'I have instructed my agent carefully. 'He knows which clubs I want to join, and Arsenal are one of them.'

Vertonghen added: 'I haven't signed anything with them yet.

'But I went to watch them against Milan, together with my Ajax teammate Siem de Jong, after Vermaelen invited us. We had a few days off and profited from them.'

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2116655/Jan-Vertonghen-I-want-join-Arsenal.html#ixzz1pSwlfQ7P

Sign him up.

Cripps_orig
18-03-2012, 11:19 AM
Italian legend Alessandro del Piero looks set to leave Juventus when his contract expires this summer, with Arsenal and QPR reportedly interested. The 37-year-old has spent 20 years at Juve scoring more than 200 goals in 700 appearances.
Full story: Footie-online.co.uk

Arsenal have added Birmingham's 19-year-old goalkeeper Jack Butland to their wanted list. Butland is currently on loan at League Two side Cheltenham.

Germany striker Lukas Podolski has given a further indication that he is far from certain to sign for Arsenal in the summer. The 26-year-old Cologne forward has hinted he would be interested in a move to Lazio.

Arsenal or Tottenham face missing out on the Champions League if Chelsea win it this season while finishing outside the top four - because Uefa have ruled only four English teams will play in the tournament next season.
Full story: Daily Star Sunday

Pub Teamer can fuck off

Need to get Podolski asap

Oh

Olivier's xmas twist
18-03-2012, 12:31 PM
Sign him up.
deffo, him and a good back up to sir ches and may a LB then our defensive issues should be ok.

McNamara That Ghost...
18-03-2012, 01:46 PM
Sign him up.

A 'come and get me plea' that actually reads as a 'come and get me' plea? :wacko:

Japan Shaking All Over
18-03-2012, 01:47 PM

Pub Teamer can fuck off

Need to get Podolski asap

Oh

need to get the two main rumours signed, Podolski, Vertonghen

Master Splinter
18-03-2012, 06:46 PM
Our defenders are forming their own tapping-up network.

Koscielny will do his work on Giroud next.

Ollie the Optimist
18-03-2012, 08:22 PM
according to colgne press, podolski deal will be announced officaly tomorrow

Grebbo
18-03-2012, 08:23 PM
Do we need another centre back? I can't see the point of this Ajax dude.

KSE Comedy Club
18-03-2012, 08:36 PM
according to colgne press, podolski deal will be announced officaly tomorrow:pray:

Syn
18-03-2012, 08:36 PM

He is needed in the sense that any good player would be needed, but I agree - there are plenty of other areas to piss £10m and £80k wages on before we get to the CB position. Buying a midfield would be quite handy.

KSE Comedy Club
18-03-2012, 08:40 PM
He is needed in the sense that any good player would be needed, but I agree - there are plenty of other areas to piss £10m and £80k wages on before we get to the CB position. Buying a midfield would be quite handy.i assume he would be bought to replace squishy?

But yeh, let's buy a quality cm first.

Olivier's xmas twist
18-03-2012, 08:47 PM

Yes we do, its more or less likely him or TV5 will be 1st choice LB next season anyways if we got him.

McNamara That Ghost...
18-03-2012, 09:00 PM

Possibly not but then, it's another player in ahead of Squillaci. And Djourou.