PDA

View Full Version : Super Super Quality Transfer Speculation & Shit

Pages : 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29

Dennis Bendtner
09-04-2012, 01:38 PM
Parkers quality though and exactly what we needed at the start of the season and with Wilshere still dead, we could have done with him now.

He can pass, shoot and do the defensive side as well

Oh well Wenger fucked up and we move on to look forward to his next fuck up

His defensive work is certainly good, but in what world can he pass or shoot? Or be anything like Wilshere?

The Cattermole comparison is more apt than that, lettuce be honest.

Cripps_orig
09-04-2012, 01:53 PM
Tbf Wilshere cant shoot either plus hes dead

Marc Overmars
09-04-2012, 02:08 PM
That would be good business, especially if we get rid of Arshavin

The names mentioned so far, tick a lot of the right boxes and are realistic
would not cost a packet either. . .

Poldolski
Vertongnen
Dempsey
Hoilet

Like those a lot, would definitely strengthen the squad, maybe a DM and if Im greedy another striker but I wonder if Campbell is going to be around next term

Poldolski, Vertongnen and Dempsey would make it a stunning summer tbh. Wouldn't mind Hoilett either for squad purposes.

Cripps_orig
09-04-2012, 02:10 PM
If we buy one of those 4, il eat my hat

Marc Overmars
09-04-2012, 02:13 PM

I think there are enough noises around to think Podolski is a goer.

The other 3 are obviously spoken about with the Football Manager hat on.

Ollie the Optimist
09-04-2012, 02:14 PM
I think there are enough noises around to think Podolski is a goer.

The other 3 are obviously spoken about with the Football Manager hat on.

by all accounts podoski is done. james olley broke that story and said it was completely sealed, announcment delayed as his club dont want to anger fans more as they had just lost a big game but the deal is done

Cripps_orig
09-04-2012, 02:15 PM
Podolski seems the most likely

The other 3 might be possible but only if we find 3 16 year old Pub teamers with the same name as those 3

Wenger buying quality players during summer? :lol:

Marc Overmars
09-04-2012, 02:20 PM
We could probably buy all those players with a modest net spend as well, providing we ship out all the deadwood to free up funds.

Olivier's xmas twist
09-04-2012, 02:27 PM
Oh come on

Parker is nothing like Cattermole. The latter can hardly be described a football player tbh

Parker :pal: most over hyped player ever.

Cripps_orig
09-04-2012, 02:30 PM
Parker :pal: most over hyped player ever.Yeah that debate was over ages ago :console:

Ollie the Optimist
09-04-2012, 02:31 PM
We could probably buy all those players with a modest net spend as well, providing we ship out all the deadwood to free up funds.

podolski is 10.8 million.

Olivier's xmas twist
09-04-2012, 02:35 PM

Well since Hoilett is on a free i think we can buy the rest and still have change.

McNamara That Ghost...
09-04-2012, 03:12 PM

The beanie hat?

Don't do it!

cricketsi
09-04-2012, 09:12 PM
Podolski seems the most likely

The other 3 might be possible but only if we find 3 16 year old Pub teamers with the same name as those 3

Wenger buying quality players during summer? :lol:

:lol: Indeed. Wenger's getting all his shopping done in Spring :bow:

Cripps_orig
09-04-2012, 09:15 PM
:lol: Indeed. Wenger's getting all his shopping done in Spring :bow:I did something similar about Arteta scoring before the City game and then he went and scored.

Hoping this has the same impact

cricketsi
09-04-2012, 09:17 PM
I did something similar about Arteta scoring before the City game and then he went and scored.

Hoping this has the same impact

Oh, I see... I hope you never leave GW :hug:

Olivier's xmas twist
09-04-2012, 09:24 PM
podolski is 10.8 million.

Let me guess Twiter.

Ollie the Optimist
09-04-2012, 09:57 PM
Let me guess Twiter.

nope journolist from evening standard. the one who broke the story.

Olivier's xmas twist
09-04-2012, 10:02 PM
nope journolist from evening standard. the one who broke the story.

Good bit of business then by us.

Olivier's xmas twist
09-04-2012, 11:12 PM
Manchester United manager Sir Alex Ferguson is ready to join the £3m chase for Birmingham's highly rated teenage goalkeeper Jack Butland. England Under-21 international Butland is currently on his second loan spell with Cheltenham and has also been regularly watched by Arsenal this season but has yet to make a first-team appearance for Birmingham.

Full story: Daily Mirror

Striker Carlos Vela wants to stay at Real Sociedad rather than go back to Arsenal. The on-loan Mexican striker, 23, is in Spain until the end of the season.

Full story: The Sun

Arsenal defender Thomas Vermalen believes the Gunners can challenge for Premier League honours next season but they will need more consistency if they are to win a first championship title since 2004.

Full story: The Guardian

Manchester City ace Samir Nasri has agreed to bet talk show host and Arsenal fan Piers Morgan £10,000 that he will get his hands on silverware before his former club Arsenal.

Full story: Metro

Mancs can have him, Vela can go, TV 5 is spot on, and Nasri's a ****.

The Wengerbabies
09-04-2012, 11:13 PM

Nasri may be a **** but he's just made an extra £10,000

Syn
09-04-2012, 11:16 PM

It goes to charity.

A support group for long-term chinless sufferers of wonky teeth.

Olivier's xmas twist
09-04-2012, 11:19 PM

Nope he has to win a trophy with city before we win a trophy, before he makes that money.

The Wengerbabies
09-04-2012, 11:22 PM
Nope he has to win a trophy with city before we win a trophy, before he makes that money.

I bet you £10,000 he does.

Cripps_orig
09-04-2012, 11:26 PM
It goes to charity.

A support group for long-term chinless sufferers of wonky teeth.Or Bangladesh as we like to call it

Syn
09-04-2012, 11:29 PM
A plan to prevent Man City from winning anything is to keep sending them players who are past it/have no bollocks. #youknowitmakessense

Marc Overmars
09-04-2012, 11:30 PM
Digusting how Samir is treated on here.

cricketsi
09-04-2012, 11:31 PM
A plan to prevent Man City from winning anything is to keep sending them players who are past it/have no bollocks. #youknowitmakessense

Even they're not stupid enough to buy Chamakh. I imagine some will suggest Wenger though.

Olivier's xmas twist
09-04-2012, 11:45 PM

Go on Goonersworld and you'll see how nice we are.

Japan Shaking All Over
10-04-2012, 12:34 AM

This. That. These. and Those.

WengerISaLizard
10-04-2012, 02:23 AM

http://i.imgur.com/TVwaJ.jpg

Özil's Panoramic View
10-04-2012, 02:38 AM

:haha::haha::haha:

fakeyank
10-04-2012, 06:14 AM
This. That. These. and Those.

:haha:

Disgusting how Charlie is treated on here :lol:

Japan Shaking All Over
10-04-2012, 08:26 AM

:whistle:

selassie
10-04-2012, 05:57 PM

:clap:

Olivier's xmas twist
10-04-2012, 05:59 PM

Well im not Arsenal's biggest fan tbf.

Cripps_orig
10-04-2012, 11:04 PM
AC Milan's Italian striker Stephan El Shaarawy, 19, is wanted by Arsenal and could be allowed out on loan next season.

Decent player

Master Splinter
10-04-2012, 11:07 PM
Decent player

Shit hair.

Must Not Get.

Marc Overmars
10-04-2012, 11:11 PM
El Shaarawy is Chamakh's son.

No thanks.

cricketsi
10-04-2012, 11:17 PM
Shit hair.

Must Not Get.

:gp: We're over our quota of greasy chav cuts until Chamakh pisses off.

Japan Shaking All Over
11-04-2012, 05:31 AM
Shit hair.

Must Not Get.

Hairism still alive and kicking in some parts

KSE Comedy Club
11-04-2012, 12:18 PM
Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger is monitoring Fulham's in-form United States striker Clint Dempsey, 29, who has a year left on his contract at Craven Cottage.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/arsenal/9196516/Arsenal-manager-Arsene-Wenger-is-monitoring-Fulham-forward-Clint-Dempsey.html

Robin van Persie is planning to snub a £200,000 a week offer from Manchester City and stay with Arsenal.

source: The Times.

Dempsey news will please a few on here.

Of course he will stay.

Cripps_orig
11-04-2012, 12:21 PM
Dempsey is a Must Get.

Scores and makes goals. Considering thats why we bought Arteta who bar a few moments has failed miserably on the whole, wouldnt mind giving the yank a go

RVP wont go to Man City. Doesnt mean he will stay though

The Ogg Monster
11-04-2012, 12:48 PM
Christ sake, Arteta has been absolutely class nearly all season, youre blind. And ugly.

Ollie the Optimist
11-04-2012, 01:00 PM
Dempsey is a Must Get.

Scores and makes goals. Considering thats why we bought Arteta who bar a few moments has failed miserably on the whole, wouldnt mind giving the yank a go

RVP wont go to Man City. Doesnt mean he will stay though

you're a fucking idiot.

LDG
11-04-2012, 01:00 PM

Cripps_orig
11-04-2012, 01:02 PM
you're a fucking idiot.I'm sure all the sideways passes etc has convinced you hes the best player ever but i'm a bit more older and wiser tbh

LDG
11-04-2012, 01:05 PM
I'm sure all the sideways passes etc has convinced you hes the best player ever but i'm a bit more older and wiser tbh

Or not.

The accuracy of his passes, given the variety he attempts, is nothing short of astonishing. In the Premier league this season, Arteta has completed a mammoth 1,792 passes- a tally only bettered by Yaya Toure. Considering the fact that he has a 90.5% accuracy with these passes, you could be forgiven for thinking that they were simple without much potency, which couldn’t be any further from the truth.

In the 25 games Arteta has played this season, he has created 54 chances at a rate of 2.2 per game- the second best in the Arsenal squad (behind van Persie with 2.4). More impressively, out of the top 10 passers in Europe, only Andrea Pirlo (3) and Xavi (2.4) have made more key passes per game than Mikel Arteta.

http://www.eplindex.com/12157/mikel-arteta-arsenals-pivotal-playmaker.html

Cripps_orig
11-04-2012, 01:11 PM
Ah stats.

Wasnt there a stat a while ago which showed Leon Britton was better than Xavi? :lol:

Denilson did exactly what Arteta has this season. Also managed to put in a few belters. Nevertheless he was widely vilified on here cos of how he played.

Arteta does it and hes praised :lol:

GW :bow:

Giving birth to hypocritical WUMs since 2006

The Ogg Monster
11-04-2012, 01:13 PM
But Arteta's so bloody fit though.

Syn
11-04-2012, 01:17 PM
Arteta's main contribution has been his defensive work rather than his passing. He has generally been very good at covering and intercepting the ball. I don't think comparisons to Denilson are fair at all - their job description might be the same because Arteta is also being played as a holding mid, but it's the quality at which he does his job. It's the art (pun very much intended) of knowing where to be and covering when others are out of position. Very rarely have we been stretched and the opposition has been allowed to pile through the middle - against good teams in this run of 8 wins in 9.

He has been doing a good job. Probably not an exceptional job because he's not naturally a holding midfielder. He is having to play that role because I don't think there is anyone else who could play the role as well as he is. Song and Ramsey wouldn't be able to resist charging forward. These days I don't think it's possible to have 2 box-to-box CMs unless they know exactly when the other ones going to go etc.

Niall_Quinn
11-04-2012, 01:17 PM
All our players are the worst in the league, stats or no stats. We also have the worst team, the worst manager but our board is pretty decent.

Cripps_orig
11-04-2012, 01:18 PM
All our players are the worst in the league, stats or no stats. We also have the worst team, the worst manager but our board is pretty decent.1 out of 3 aint bad

Grebbo
11-04-2012, 02:20 PM
What the hell is Wenger going to do this summer? Our squad is fucking huge. So many players out on loan, so many midfielders at the club.

This really is a case of finding SUPER SUPER QUALITY as we have loads of 'good' players and a fair bit of dross (Diaby/Park/Chamspack/Squid/DJ/Almunia etc etc).

Signing good players won't be enough to get ahead of Citeh and Manure. We're going to need great players (and big money) to do that.

Marc Overmars
11-04-2012, 03:23 PM
What the hell is Wenger going to do this summer? Our squad is fucking huge. So many players out on loan, so many midfielders at the club.

This really is a case of finding SUPER SUPER QUALITY as we have loads of 'good' players and a fair bit of dross (Diaby/Park/Chamspack/Squid/DJ/Almunia etc etc).

Signing good players won't be enough to get ahead of Citeh and Manure. We're going to need great players (and big money) to do that.

There is ample deadwood to clear out. I expect at least 4-5 players to go this summer.

Olivier's xmas twist
11-04-2012, 03:26 PM

Alumnia and Fabianski will be going for sure, then it seems vela and Denilson are staying whey they are, add to that Nicky B, Chamahk is on his way, even if we let him go on a free we don't loose anything tbh. So we should have some spce freed up tbh.

Syn
11-04-2012, 03:28 PM
I think maybe a couple of the first-teamers will go, too. Not Van Persie but, who knows - Ramsey or Gibbs or someone might want out. The Mertesacker back to Germany story sounds crazy enough to be true.

Master Splinter
11-04-2012, 04:30 PM
But Arteta's so bloody fit though.

:gp:

Olivier's xmas twist
11-04-2012, 04:54 PM
Ah stats.

Wasnt there a stat a while ago which showed Leon Britton was better than Xavi? :lol:

Denilson did exactly what Arteta has this season. Also managed to put in a few belters. Nevertheless he was widely vilified on here cos of how he played.

Arteta does it and hes praised :lol:

GW :bow:

Giving birth to hypocritical WUMs since 2006

No he never, Denilson has never shown heart or shown that he cares for this team like Mikel has, Denilson was lazy and thought ht was better then he is.

Arteta is miles ahead of him.

Cripps_orig
12-04-2012, 11:09 PM
Arsenal are likely to bid for Ajax pair Jan Vertonghen and Christian Eriksen after Arsene Wenger was assured by the club's board that funds will be made available to him for a significant bid.
Full story: Caught Offside

The Gunners are also thought to be interested in Valencia defender Adil Rami, who is also allegedly wanted by AC Milan.
Full story: Inside Futbol

All 3 would be awesome

Olivier's xmas twist
12-04-2012, 11:17 PM
Caught Offside :lol:

Cripps_orig
12-04-2012, 11:21 PM
I know :lol:

We already have Vertonghen signed up

Twitter said so

Japan Shaking All Over
13-04-2012, 12:48 AM

Yeah but Charlie mate, dont you just hope. . .its a little bit true?

Olivier's xmas twist
13-04-2012, 01:03 PM
Yeah but Charlie mate, dont you just hope. . .its a little bit true?

Oh i hope its a lot true, but im skeptical about that site, but as it seems to be said on other decent sites COS might be right for once lets hope so.

McNamara That Ghost...
13-04-2012, 01:15 PM

Inzaghi tribute site? :unsure:

Globalgunner
13-04-2012, 01:37 PM
No, thats Bornoffside.com

McNamara That Ghost...
13-04-2012, 01:40 PM
:lol:

Japan Shaking All Over
13-04-2012, 02:25 PM
Oh i hope its a lot true, but im skeptical about that site, but as it seems to be said on other decent sites COS might be right for once lets hope so.

What do you recommend as a decent site?

GP
13-04-2012, 02:26 PM

goal.com haha lol jk

Olivier's xmas twist
13-04-2012, 03:25 PM

BBC or Sky sports tbh, not saying they are the best, but most on thier is accurate.

However i always wait to i see something on the yellow on SSN before id even think it could be true.

LDG
13-04-2012, 03:35 PM
Wenger - We will spend our money wiselyArsène Wenger says he will endeavour to spend the Club’s money in “an intelligent way” when the transfer window opens this summer.

The Frenchman was responding to comments from former Gunner Sol Campbell, who claimed that his old club must “push the boat out” when they make new signings.

Wenger says he will continue to try to find the right players to ensure his side can challenge for major honours next season.

“What has not changed at all is our policy that we will be as ambitious as ever and spend the money we have available, if possible in an intelligent and wise way,” he said.

“We have always spent money because we are ambitious for top-class players and if you look at the history of our last 15 years, we have always had top-class players. Sol Campbell is one of them.”

Wenger accepts that the likes of Manchester City and Chelsea can outbid Arsenal for a player, but says that should not act as a barrier to future success.

“It does not mean you cannot win the title,” he said. “There are two basic trophies for me that are the sign of the quality of a team; they are the Premier League and the Champions League.

“The Champions League is prestigious and it is half league and half cup. That means that at the end, the teams who wins must show real quality.

“All the rest, they are trophies of course and they are important, but they do not really reflect the deep quality of a team. The championship does, and we want to win it.

“Our ambition is intact, to win the championship. It depends on how we finish the season to decide how much we need to buy to have a chance to win the championship next season.”

http://redgunners.files.wordpress.com/2011/02/arsenewengersmiling.jpg

Cripps_orig
13-04-2012, 11:04 PM
Tottenham's Gareth Bale is reportedly a £30m target for Barcelona, on a summer shopping list that also includes Arsenal striker Robin van Persie and Athletic Bilbao midfielder Javi Martinez.

So it begins

cricketsi
14-04-2012, 12:20 AM
So it begins

The dismantling of the spuds' squad? :good:

Cripps_orig
14-04-2012, 12:21 AM
The dismantling of the spuds' squad? :good:Fuck Spuds

I was talking about Bilbaos squad

Olivier's xmas twist
14-04-2012, 12:25 AM

Not really worried about RVP to Barca Rumor at least he is not begging to go there like that other fella was.

Japan Shaking All Over
14-04-2012, 01:23 AM

Not really worried about RVP to Barca Rumor at least he is not begging to go there like that other fella was.

A good run at the end and a strong sign of intent towards squad building will see RvP stay. . .

Ach's Bibaos comment :haha:

Cripps_orig
14-04-2012, 11:06 PM
Arsenal chairman Peter Hill-Wood says it would be "perfect" if Arsene Wenger stayed at the Emirates Stadium beyond the end of his current contract, which has just over two years to run.
Full story: Sunday Mirror

yay

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
14-04-2012, 11:25 PM
it bloody wouldn't

Cripps_orig
14-04-2012, 11:25 PM
Perfect for PHW and other board members

Not so much for anyone else

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
14-04-2012, 11:33 PM
klopp :bow:

a real master with a youth project :bow:

Olivier's xmas twist
14-04-2012, 11:46 PM
Peter HillWum :bow:

Cripps_orig
16-04-2012, 11:18 PM
Inter Milan want to sign Arsenal target Yann M'Vila as they prepare to lure Laurent Blanc into becoming their new manager this summer. The Rennes midfielder, 21, is expected to play a key role for Blanc's French side at Euro 2012 but Arsenal remain favourites to sign M'Vila, who they tried to buy last summer.
Metro

yay

Olivier's xmas twist
17-04-2012, 08:01 AM
Feck off Milan

Cripps_orig
17-04-2012, 11:54 PM
Manchester City are chasing Le Havre's French teenager Jules Ntcham, 16, who has been compared to Marcel Desailly. Inter Milan, Juventus and Arsenal are also interested.
Full story: Daily Telegraph

Newcastle midfielder Yohan Cabaye has told Lille's Belgian forward Eden Hazard, 21, to choose Arsenal over Tottenham.

City can have him

Cabaye is spot on

Japan Shaking All Over
18-04-2012, 10:32 AM
City can have him

Cabaye is spot on

Cabaye is spot on

so are you.....yay! then we can get rid of Theo :wink:

Cripps_orig
18-04-2012, 10:54 AM
Salomon Kalou has attracted interest from a dozen leading clubs in England and on the Continent, including Liverpool and Arsenal, while his Chelsea future remains up in the air, Goal.com has learned.

The Ivory Coast international can leave Stamford Bridge on a free transfer at the end of the season when his contract expires.

17% Sources have told Goal.com that Kalou wants to stay in the Premier League, where his admirers include Liverpool and Arsenal, but his contract talks are also being closely monitored by clubs from Italy, Spain and Turkey.

"More than 12 leading clubs are closely monitoring his contract talks," one insider said.

Kalou, who is available to be selected in the Champions League semi-final first leg against Barcelona on Wednesday night, has been given a new lease of life at Chelsea under Roberto Di Matteo after being sidelined by previous manager Andre Villas-Boas for rejecting the new four-year deal, believed to be on the same £80,000-a-week terms as his current agreement, that he was offered last September.

He was selected in the starting XI for the first two games under the Portuguese back in August but then made only two more starts for Chelsea in the next seven months.

Since being recalled to the team by Di Matteo, who picked him for the opening match of his tenure, a 3-0 FA Cup win at Birmingham City on March 6, Kalou has been involved in all eight of Chelsea’s Premier League and FA Cup matches. He also featured for all but eight minutes of the two-legged Champions League quarter-final triumph over Benfica.

It is believed that the forward and his agent, Jan de Visser, will sit down with Chelsea officials within the next few weeks to discuss an improved contract.

Kalou has been publicly coy about his future but, after scoring the winner in the 1-0 win over Benfica last month, said he is keen to remain at Chelsea.

"I enjoy being here," he said. "There is no reason why I don’t want to stay. Robbie has come in and given me the chance to play more and I’m very happy with that.

"I never think there is no way I shouldn’t have a future at the club."

http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2914/champions-league/2012/04/18/3043018/arsenal-liverpool-among-12-leading-clubs-targeting-chelsea

Wouldnt mind him for squad depth purposes but not as a starter

Niall_Quinn
18-04-2012, 11:14 AM
We should start a new thread, "Shittiest Rag in the World Award 2012/13" Toilet paper and chip wrapper operations could be graded on the number of stories they get wrong and then given a mark for artistic license. Winner gets the honour of every GW member wiping their arse with it during the 2013 season. Competition closes on the last day of the transfer window. The Sun is disqualified, only hamster bedding operations that occasionally get a story correct (whether by design or accident) are allowed to enter.

Also, if the world ends in Dec 2012, winner should be declared the day before.

Japan Shaking All Over
18-04-2012, 11:14 AM
Can see him staying!
If he doesn't we could look at him, but he is a perfect candidate for a classic Wumger Panic Buy - WPB :bow:

Niall_Quinn
18-04-2012, 11:28 AM
Can see him staying!
If he doesn't we could look at him, but he is a perfect candidate for a classic Wumger Panic Buy - WPB :bow:

Kalou being linked with us a summer tradition. Why would we want a clapped out, defective nobody in the team when we have Chamakh filling that role. And in a few years Song will be able to play there too.

Syn
18-04-2012, 11:57 AM
Kalou is really, really bad. But yeah I can see us buying him the week of deadline day for £3m. Need attacking players though - preferably ones that are going to play.

I would like Arsenal to sign a shameless goal-poacher who'll sit on the bench. 6'4. Aryan race. i.e. that guy Fulham have got.

Olivier's xmas twist
18-04-2012, 01:05 PM
Kalou is really, really bad. But yeah I can see us buying him the week of deadline day for £3m. Need attacking players though - preferably ones that are going to play.

I would like Arsenal to sign a shameless goal-poacher who'll sit on the bench. 6'4. Aryan race. i.e. that guy Fulham have got.

Hes on a free this summer.

Shaqiri Is Boss
18-04-2012, 01:06 PM
Hes on a free this summer.
I can see us buying him on deadline day for £6m.

Syn
18-04-2012, 01:07 PM

Olivier's xmas twist
18-04-2012, 01:10 PM
I can see us buying him on deadline day for £6m.

Dennis Bendtner
18-04-2012, 01:24 PM
Kalou is clearly a must not get but Wenger's previous interest is enough not to completely rule it out. Even for free, he is a waste of time. Proper players please.

And if he's rejected £80k a week :haha:

Unless he's off to PSG or Anzhi or something. But anyway, do not want.

Master Splinter
18-04-2012, 04:27 PM
Kalou will be signed.

Alongside Trabelsi, Inler and Odemwinge.

Marc Overmars
18-04-2012, 04:40 PM
Kalou will be signed.

Alongside Trabelsi, Inler and Odemwinge.

Don't forget Appiah.

GP
18-04-2012, 04:58 PM
Do not forget Patrick Kluivert can also play there.

Cripps_orig
19-04-2012, 01:23 AM
Arsenal and Manchester United are both in the hunt for Colombian starlet Luis Muriel.

The 21-year-old striker has been in impressive form for struggling Lecce, scoring seven goals this season despite the club's battle against relegation from Serie A.
His displays this term have alerted a number of big clubs from across Europe and it is understood that Arsenal and United are among them.
Muriel is currently on loan at Lecce from Udinese, who signed him from Colombian side Deportivo Cali, and it is unclear whether or not they want to sell.
The Premier League pair can expect to face stiff competition from CSKA Moscow, however, who are lining up a summer bid for the Colombia Under-20 international, according to Russian newspaper Lifesports.

http://www.talksport.co.uk/sports-news/football/premier-league/transfer-rumours/120418/arsenal-and-man-united-tracking-colombian-striker-170088

WilshereourGHEL
19-04-2012, 07:08 AM
http://www.talksport.co.uk/sports-news/football/premier-league/transfer-rumours/120418/arsenal-and-man-united-tracking-colombian-striker-170088

would rather take our chances with joel campbell then buy any striker tbh

Cripps_orig
19-04-2012, 11:07 PM
Arsenal are tracking versatile Mapou Yanga-Mbiwa, who is the 22-year-old captain of Montpellier.

Manchester United and Arsenal target Luis Muriel, a 21-year-old Colombian forward, will not leave Udinese for another year at least according to his agent.
Full story: talkSPORT

No thanks

Cripps_orig
19-04-2012, 11:08 PM
would rather take our chances with joel campbell then buy any striker tbh:blink:

Are you Wenger in disguise?

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
19-04-2012, 11:52 PM
:blink:

he is the best poster on the forum this season

Japan Shaking All Over
20-04-2012, 12:39 AM
he is the best poster on the forum this season

Cranking up the WUM rating with that post. . .but at the same time leaving yourself open to the same accusation that you level at others. . .not reading posts correctly!

(I cant 100% say with certainty that no-one has said it but I am still waiting to see the post or posts which declare AW to be the best manager in the PL this season). . .z z z

hobson's choice
20-04-2012, 03:52 AM

Tim Vickery has always said that Colombians tend to get complacent once they get the money, although Falcao is doing the business.

Syn
20-04-2012, 09:11 AM
"The offer from Zenit was good in every sense. If I had stayed in London then I am convinced that my chance to make the final squad for Russia would have passed.

"I suffered different problems at Arsenal. I lost the confidence of the coach. I wasn't sure why. But I wasn't getting the chances to play.

"I'm now with Zenit - and again after the Euros.

"After the Euros, I will study my future, think about it. And I would like to talk to Wenger before I make any decision."

http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/transfer-news/Arsenal-Andrey-Arshavin-claims-Arsene-Wenger-lost-faith-him-him-hinst-at-permanent-Zenit-mobve-article892764.html

It's because you are a fat, lazy nutcase bruv.

Japan Shaking All Over
20-04-2012, 09:54 AM

It's because you are a fat, lazy nutcase bruv.

"After the Euros, I will study my future, think about it. And I would like to talk to Wenger before I make any decision."

It's been decided mate! :pray:

RomfordPele
20-04-2012, 01:14 PM
It's been decided mate! :pray:

If he can find his form I'd have him back in a heartbeat.

I'm more concerned if we hang on to proven shite, like Djourou and Chamakh.

Olivier's xmas twist
20-04-2012, 01:38 PM

He is never finding his good form tbh, just can't see it and in truth we should never have him back.

fakeyank
20-04-2012, 03:38 PM

I think he can be very effective if played behind the striker. AW is going to play him on the wings so there is no point in getting him because he is not going to track back or last the 90 mins. Play him in his natural position and we have a winner. Whats AW going to do? We know he will waste no time in doing the wrong thing.. just like he has done with Eduardo, Bendy, Vela, Arshavin, Rosicky (on wings), Eboue etc etc..

WUMger :bow:

RomfordPele
20-04-2012, 03:46 PM
He is never finding his good form tbh, just can't see it and in truth we should never have him back.

Many said the same about Rosicky. You might well be right, but never say never: Arshavin was world class and that doesn't just disappear overnight.

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
20-04-2012, 07:39 PM

best post you've ever made

Cripps_orig
20-04-2012, 11:18 PM
Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger has given Robin van Persie a 72-hour deadline to resolve his future and sign a new deal with the Gunners.

Serie A league leaders Juventus have set their sights on capturing Arsenal talisman Van Persie to spearhead their attack next season. But the Bianconeri are also keeping tabs on Chelsea's Fernando Torres and Athletic Bilbao's Iker Muniain.
Full story: Goal.com

Arsenal are on the trail of one of the hottest prospects in Italian football - who has been dubbed the 'new Gareth Bale'. Moroccan full-back Acharaf Laazar, 20, plays for Serie B side Verase and is apparently on Arsene Wenger's radar.

:lol: No chance Wenger has grown a set and stood up to RVP

Cant see him going to Juve

yay

Japan Shaking All Over
21-04-2012, 12:04 AM
best post you've ever made

And thats yours :ninja:

Japan Shaking All Over
21-04-2012, 05:51 AM
Arsenal are on the trail of one of the hottest prospects in Italian football - who has been dubbed the 'new Gareth Bale'. Moroccan full-back Acharaf Laazar, 20, plays for Serie B side Verase and is apparently on Arsene Wenger's radar.

http://www.transfermarkt.de/bilder/spielerfotos/s_139173_4361_2011_1.jpg

too close to home.....the haircut only makes this a Must Not Get

milla
21-04-2012, 08:55 AM
http://www.transfermarkt.de/bilder/spielerfotos/s_139173_4361_2011_1.jpg

too close to home.....the haircut only makes this a Must Not Get

Feck the haircut, look at his chin. Must Get :coffee:

Syn
21-04-2012, 08:58 AM
http://i44.tinypic.com/op68ag.gif

Japan Shaking All Over
21-04-2012, 09:00 AM
Feck the haircut, look at his chin. Must Get :coffee:

the hair reference was based on this

http://www.arsenalsite.com/media/galeria/102/3/9/8/7/n_m_chamakh_marouane_chamakh-1897893.jpg

milla
21-04-2012, 09:05 AM
Different haircut :sulk:

Japan Shaking All Over
21-04-2012, 09:09 AM
with the risk of being equally shit!?

(anyway who are you, Vidal 'Milla' Sassoon?)

milla
21-04-2012, 09:12 AM
with the risk of being equally shit!?

(anyway who are you, Vidal 'Milla' Sassoon?)

Agree with the first point.

OTOH Vidal Sasson is so out of date, did you send your missus there? :coffee:

Japan Shaking All Over
21-04-2012, 09:13 AM
Agree with the first point.

OTOH Vidal Sasson is so out of date, did you send your missus there? :coffee:

nah I sent yours, so she could get an extension to her fringe to cover her face

milla
21-04-2012, 09:15 AM
nah I sent yours, so she could get an extension to her fringe to cover her face

I dont even have one!! You've mistaken me with Lettuce and LDG. :coffee:

Japan Shaking All Over
21-04-2012, 09:27 AM
I dont even have one!! You've mistaken me with Lettuce and LDG. :coffee:

better get yourself down to Vidal Sassoon then and see if there are any for you to pick up.....could get your hair done while you're at it......lover boy!

Olivier's xmas twist
21-04-2012, 09:34 AM
And thats yours :ninja:

Olivier's xmas twist
21-04-2012, 09:35 AM
]:lol: No chance Wenger has grown a set and stood up to RVP[/B]Cant see him going to Juve

yay

Well we will see in a few days how it pans out. Proably nonsense from the papers though. Its in the sun too but they say 96 hours.

Cripps_orig
21-04-2012, 11:08 PM
Serbia international Adem Ljajic, 20, is a summer target for Arsenal. The Fiorentina midfield man's age and technical ability appeal to Arsene Wenger.
Full story: MetroWho?

cricketsi
22-04-2012, 01:53 PM
Who? I signed him on FM in the last transfer window for Ajax in 2019. He's been average so far, tbh. Only cost 675k though, so should be flogable for a profit.

Cripps_orig
23-04-2012, 01:01 AM
With Arsenal looking to strengthen their midfield this summer, Lazio play-maker Hernanes has reportedly issued a come-and-get-me plea to the Gunners. Despite attracting interest from Russian big-spenders Anzi as well as Spurs, La Gazzeto dello Sport claim that the player has told Lazio only to consider offers from Arsenal. With Arsenal reportedly preparing a £20m offer for the player, talkSPORT turn the transfer spotlight on the Brazilian ace.
Name: Anderson Hernanes de Carvalho Andrade Lima (Hernanes, thankfully, for short)
Date of birth: 29 May 1985
Birthplace: Alianca, Brazil
Position: Midfielder
Club: Lazio
International appearances: 8 appearances for Brazil since 2008
Honours: Brazilian league title with Sao Paulo (x2), Silver Ball (x2), Brazilian Footballer of the Year 2008
WHAT'S THE LATEST NEWS?
Despite Lazio challenging for a Champions League place this season, the club are looking to cash in on some of their prized assets. With Hernanes having to battle with in-form Stefano Mauri for a place in the team, the Brazilian is keen to gain regular football elsewhere. Spurs have already been linked with the player this month. More significantly, Russian money-spinners Anzhi have reportedly already made a large offer for the player, but Hernanes has told Lazio he wants to go to Arsenal.
DID YOU KNOW?
1) Hernanes is ambidextrous, with the ability to dribble and strike ball from distance with both feet. He is also a set-piece specialist, and has thrived in placing the ball on Miroslav Klose's head at Lazio. Robin Van Persie will be pleased.
2) Once dubbed 'the new Kaka', The Times identified Hernanes as the most promising football player in the world in 2009. This came off the back of over 100 appearances for Sao Paolo, as well as winning the Brazilian football Confederation's best player award in 2008.
3) Since joining Lazio in 2010, Hernanes has had to change his style to adapt to the tough Italian defenders. “I realised that you must use cunning, use your arms, push and pull shirts” he said. The midfielder is unlikely to be fazed by the physicality of the Barclays Premier League.
4) After being voted Brazilian player of the year in 2008, FC Barcelona had an 11 million euro bid for Hernanes rejected by Sao Paulo.
5) Though predominantly a central midfielder, Hernanes can also play as a winger, a role he has occupied for the Brazilian national team.
He says: “We will evaluate what to do in June. I don't know if Lazio have spoken to Italian or English clubs, but all I can say for certain is that we have not received concrete proposals.”
They say: “He still has to prove himself. Sometimes he does good things, but then the light goes out and you don't see him”

http://www.talksport.co.uk/magazine/features/120422/spotlight-new-kaka-arsenal-are-set-steal-spurs-%C2%A320m-170109

KSE Comedy Club
23-04-2012, 09:30 AM
Who dat?

Cripps_orig
23-04-2012, 11:36 AM
I remember him being touted as the next big thing when he was in his teens.

Brock Lesnar F5'd him though and took that mantle and Hernanes became a bit shit.

Apparently hes a bit decent now again though

KSE Comedy Club
23-04-2012, 12:03 PM

Cripps_orig
23-04-2012, 11:09 PM
Robin van Persie's agent has reportedly held talks with Juventus, who are prepared to pay Arsenal in excess of £25m for the Dutch striker.

Cologne's 26-year-old striker Lukas Podolski will join Arsenal for just under £10m in the summer, according to reports in Germany.

One player keen to leave the Emirates this summer is goalkeeper Manuel Almunia, who wants to stay in England and join another Premier League club.
Full story: Caught Offside

Do we sell RVP for £25m knowing the money will go in to the boards and Wengers pockets? Or do we keep him another year meaning he goes for free and the board and Wengers pockets are £25m lighter although how they can tell the difference with the millions already in them. i'll never know

Under £10m for a world class striker like Podolski is pretty good. Makes me think it wont happen or he has a long term injury problem

Yay

Olivier's xmas twist
23-04-2012, 11:13 PM
Do we sell RVP for £25m knowing the money will go in to the boards and Wengers pockets? Or do we keep him another year meaning he goes for free and the board and Wengers pockets are £25m lighter although how they can tell the difference with the millions already in them. i'll never know

Under £10m for a world class striker like Podolski is pretty good. Makes me think it wont happen or he has a long term injury problem

Yay

Well since he's been playing for his team i doubt he is Injured its more to do with his contract running down.

As for RVP we'll probs take the money it would be silly not too unless we cab be sure we'll get more from someone else.

But it seems like BS to me Can't really see anyone paying 25 mill for him as good as he has been.

Japan Shaking All Over
24-04-2012, 10:35 AM
We keep RvP, this time it would be silly, suicidal and show that we really do no longer any kind of ambition if we decide to cash in the same we did with Cesc and Nasbo.

We buy iPod for 10 and compliment ourselves on a good bit of business and say hey Robin, thats just the start of it

Olivier's xmas twist
24-04-2012, 11:41 AM
We keep RvP, this time it would be silly, suicidal and show that we really do no longer any kind of ambition if we decide to cash in the same we did with Cesc and Nasbo.

We buy iPod for 10 and compliment ourselves on a good bit of business and say hey Robin, thats just the start of it

Thing is like the other 2 we don't really need to sell him, and i don't think we will tbh. Lets just hope his future is sorted before the Euro's then we can move on.

Niall_Quinn
24-04-2012, 12:17 PM
If RvP is sold this year we might as well get rid of Jack and Ox too so we can get maximum prices and not risk losing money as their contracts run down. Ches could be sold too for a fair amount and I think we could get decent money for TV and Kos. Song is another who would fetch good money. Theo. Lot's of money to be had and we'd still have Chamakh, Almunia, Diaby, we could bring Denilson back, and Nick. We wouldn't necessarily have to sell all the players, keep at least 11 so we can still pretend to be a football club.

Joker
24-04-2012, 12:25 PM
RVP wants to win trophies, while the board and the manager seem satisfied if we maintain 4th spot for the foreseeable future, even if it means no trophies. Unless Wenger gives RVP a cast iron guarantee that we will make high quality signings in the summer (high quality meaning high quality, not mediocre bargain basement signings like Gervinho), I can see him leaving.

Olivier's xmas twist
24-04-2012, 01:19 PM
If RvP is sold this year we might as well get rid of Jack and Ox too so we can get maximum prices and not risk losing money as their contracts run down. Ches could be sold too for a fair amount and I think we could get decent money for TV and Kos. Song is another who would fetch good money. Theo. Lot's of money to be had and we'd still have Chamakh, Almunia, Diaby, we could bring Denilson back, and Nick. We wouldn't necessarily have to sell all the players, keep at least 11 so we can still pretend to be a football club.

Olivier's xmas twist
24-04-2012, 01:21 PM
RVP wants to win trophies, while the board and the manager seem satisfied if we maintain 4th spot for the foreseeable future, even if it means no trophies. Unless Wenger gives RVP a cast iron guarantee that we will make high quality signings in the summer (high quality meaning high quality, not mediocre bargain basement signings like Gervinho), I can see him leaving.

Well Obviously Not really breaking news that. But Unlike Nasri RVP is a bit more Loyal and like you say only top signings will persuade him to stay and maybe a decent offer.

Master Splinter
24-04-2012, 02:43 PM
Here's a top signing:

http://news.arseblog.com/2012/04/denilson-set-for-sao-paulo-exit-brief-arsenal-return/

Cripps_orig
24-04-2012, 02:48 PM
Will be good to see him back

It will be like Arteta never got injured

Olivier's xmas twist
24-04-2012, 03:15 PM
Denilson :haha: Even the Brazillians don't want him.

Syn
24-04-2012, 03:38 PM
Forgot he exists. There are going to be so many fringe players leaving this summer. There will never be a better opportunity to start from scratch. We got 6 new players in last summer. I expect a similar turnover this time, so the squad will be completely changed from the one 2 years ago. The aim of the game is signing solid players like mertesacker and arteta and hoping a couple of the youngsters kick on and become greats.

Cripps_orig
24-04-2012, 11:06 PM
Barcelona have ruled out a move for Arsenal striker Robin van Persie in the close season.
Full story: talkSPORTWhy would he go there anyway?

Marc Overmars
24-04-2012, 11:08 PM
Yeah, why leave 1 sinking ship for another.

Japan Shaking All Over
25-04-2012, 02:05 AM

McNamara That Ghost...
26-04-2012, 09:46 PM
http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2012/apr/26/owen-hargreaves-manchester-city?CMP=twt_gu

Great signing by Citeh.

Cripps_orig
26-04-2012, 09:49 PM
Another video coming this summer then

Marc Overmars
26-04-2012, 10:51 PM
http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2012/apr/26/owen-hargreaves-manchester-city?CMP=twt_gu

Great signing by Citeh.

I saw him at the airport in Germany last weekend. :lol:

Forgot he existed. :rose:

Cripps_orig
26-04-2012, 11:21 PM
Arsenal are reported to be in "advanced negotiations" with French club Rennes over the signature of midfielder Yann M'Vila. It is thought the 21-year-old French international, who has been capped 18 times by his country, could set the Gunners back around £22m.

yay

Japan Shaking All Over
27-04-2012, 01:30 AM
yay

Thanks Cripps! Hadnt seen any updates here recently and was beginning to worry!

Was thinking about this signing before seeing your post and I believe he could be very good for us. Can see him in the midfield playing alongside Song when it is time to man up!

Or if we were only playing one strongen then would give us a good choice to choose from. I have seen a little but not a lot and he seems to know how to oass and could no doubt attack more effectively than Ramsey even tho he plays DM. We lost two big money signings this year, at 22mil this guy is as big as we can expect to get but with iPod costing only 10 and dross to be shed we should have plenty

I say go for it

arsenallovefc
27-04-2012, 05:39 AM
We're always linked with so many highly-rated youngsters... Then sign somebody like Chamahk instead.

selassie
27-04-2012, 08:04 AM
Thanks Cripps! Hadnt seen any updates here recently and was beginning to worry!

Was thinking about this signing before seeing your post and I believe he could be very good for us. Can see him in the midfield playing alongside Song when it is time to man up!

Or if we were only playing one strongen then would give us a good choice to choose from. I have seen a little but not a lot and he seems to know how to oass and could no doubt attack more effectively than Ramsey even tho he plays DM. We lost two big money signings this year, at 22mil this guy is as big as we can expect to get but with iPod costing only 10 and dross to be shed we should have plenty

I say go for it

M'Vila would be as good as signing as we can get IMHO. He's young, but fairly experienced in as much as being a regular in the French National team, he's very highly rated in France and to a lesser degree in Europe.

From what I've seen of him he looks like a top tier talent, very strong, mobile and an excellent passer, more short passing than long.

I think this story has legs, if we don't move for him now we'll be priced out of a move for him after Euro 2012. He already has the likes of Real & Inter Milan looking at him but prefers us due to Wenger.

He would be a great signing IMHO

GP
27-04-2012, 08:20 AM
He'll go to Italy.

selassie
27-04-2012, 08:34 AM
He will do if we do our usual haggling and pauper act but...I think we've already done the groundwork on M'Vila last summer so are in the driving seat.

He won't cost 22million like what's being reported, he's a 15million pound player maximum IMHO.

Marc Overmars
27-04-2012, 08:54 AM
Never seen M'Vila play but he seems to be quite highly rated. Would be a good competition for Song.

Olivier's xmas twist
27-04-2012, 09:20 AM
Never seen M'Vila play but he seems to be quite highly rated. Would be a good competition for Song.

Pretty much, would be good to see song working even harder knowing he could be dropped.

Japan Shaking All Over
27-04-2012, 09:53 AM
M'Vila would be as good as signing as we can get IMHO. He's young, but fairly experienced in as much as being a regular in the French National team, he's very highly rated in France and to a lesser degree in Europe.

From what I've seen of him he looks like a top tier talent, very strong, mobile and an excellent passer, more short passing than long.

I think this story has legs, if we don't move for him now we'll be priced out of a move for him after Euro 2012. He already has the likes of Real & Inter Milan looking at him but prefers us due to Wenger.

He would be a great signing IMHO

but prefers us due to Wenger.

....'best manager in the league' - quote SWAYR :good:

Flavs
27-04-2012, 10:32 AM
Seems we are trying to get it all done early doors so we can actually have a full pre-season as a squad, that's at least better than last seasons debacle.

If we have indeed already signed Podolski and are trying to get the M'vila deal done now as well i wonder if we are working as hard to clear the poop deck of deadwood as well.

Flavs
27-04-2012, 10:33 AM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xD-hLHjn5c8

cricketsi
27-04-2012, 10:43 AM
i wonder if we are working as hard to clear the poop deck of deadwood as well.

I heard Maccy was in favour of banning GB, but Letters was too worried about dwindling member numbers so just demodded him instead.

Flavs
27-04-2012, 11:08 AM
I heard Maccy was in favour of banning GB, but Letters was too worried about dwindling member numbers so just demodded him instead.

Japan Shaking All Over
27-04-2012, 12:02 PM
Seems we are trying to get it all done early doors so we can actually have a full pre-season as a squad, that's at least better than last seasons debacle.

If we have indeed already signed Podolski and are trying to get the M'vila deal done now as well i wonder if we are working as hard to clear the poop deck of deadwood as well.

Yeah! fed up of trying to be a trend setter by starting a season and going through the first month with little to no-one......not as 'tres chic' as orginally thought!

Marc Overmars
27-04-2012, 12:05 PM
Half our players will be dead for the start of pre-season anyway.

We'll probably take the reserves to Asia.

Japan Shaking All Over
27-04-2012, 12:09 PM

We'll probably take the reserves to Asia.

For some of the squad being put out of their misery wouldn't be such a bad thing......

http://www.sabotagetimes.com/wp-content/uploads/arshavin-e1312555640519.jpg

(Arshavin on the menu for one group of cannibals)

Olivier's xmas twist
27-04-2012, 12:13 PM

We'll probably take the reserves to Nigeria.

:gp:

KSE Comedy Club
27-04-2012, 12:17 PM
For some of the squad being put out of their misery wouldn't be such a bad thing......

http://www.sabotagetimes.com/wp-content/uploads/arshavin-e1312555640519.jpg

(Arshavin on the menu for one group of cannibals)That guy on the right, isnt that lafayette from true blood?

Flavs
27-04-2012, 12:22 PM
That guy on the right, isnt that layfaette from true blood?

No it's William Gallas!!

GP
27-04-2012, 12:41 PM
No it's William Gallas!!

Kony :bow:

WilshereourGHEL
27-04-2012, 05:17 PM
:blink:

i've watched quite abit of joel campbell this season he has what it takes to be a big hit with us

Cripps_orig
27-04-2012, 11:07 PM
Arsenal have taken significant steps towards a summer move for Athletic Bilbao's Javi Martinez but face a £32m fight with Manchester Untied and Barcelona to land the versatile Spanish international.
Full story: Daily Mail

Would love him here but no way are we spending £32m

McNamara That Ghost...
28-04-2012, 01:00 PM
Marko Marin will join Chelsea in the summer. Abramovich still wants his sexy football. :bow:

http://www.chelseafc.com/page/LatestNews/0,,10268~2752630,00.html

Mertesacker has set a trend.

Japan Shaking All Over
28-04-2012, 02:51 PM
And I wish we'd follow Chelsea's by officially annoucing our sign(s) thus building for the future earlier t

Olivier's xmas twist
28-04-2012, 08:43 PM
And I wish we'd follow Chelsea's by officially annoucing our sign(s) thus building for the future earlier t

We confirm any singings till we're in the CL Proper tbh.

McNamara That Ghost...
29-04-2012, 02:50 PM
Real Madrid clearout this summer possibly. Higuain? :popcorn:

I'd take Kaka too, bless him. Just for nostalgia reasons.

Shaqiri Is Boss
29-04-2012, 02:53 PM

:blink: Why? Just for the sake of it?

But yeah we'd probably after one of their pub teamers for £15m.

If this was FM though, Higuain would do nicely.

Marc Overmars
29-04-2012, 02:54 PM
Higuain would be brilliant. Would we spend 20m on him though?

Kaka still has enough technical ability to deal with the cloggers in the Prem, so yeah I'd take him as well.

We have a decent base to build from, now it's about upgrading pub teamers like Ramsey, Chakma etc with some proper players. This is where Wenger fails every year and why we never improve. Jury is out big time in the summer.

McNamara That Ghost...
29-04-2012, 03:06 PM
Of course we wouldn't. It's why I doubt the M'Vila stuff is true, unless we get to pay the fee over a certain amount of years.

And Ngibbles, possivly, this is what Mourinho does though, he doesn't keep the same fringe players around forever (especially those ones he didn't sign). I think one of the conditions of Mourinho staying on will be Perez giving full control to him, which is quite something really.

Olivier's xmas twist
29-04-2012, 03:23 PM

No chanace he's going to the chavs or city.

McNamara That Ghost...
29-04-2012, 03:27 PM
:faint:

Marc Overmars
29-04-2012, 03:45 PM
City will probably get him, they were interested last year as well. They'll sell Dzeko and Adebayor.

Argentina's strike force all at City. :sick:

Dennis Bendtner
I heard Balague reckons Barcelona will try and sell Alves and maybe Villa.

La Liga fire sale. :bow:

Olivier's xmas twist
:faint:

I Don't get why Jose don't want him when he is their best striker tbh.

McNamara That Ghost...
29-04-2012, 03:48 PM
Transfer Muppetry could reach new heights on here this summer.

:scarf:

McNamara That Ghost...
29-04-2012, 03:49 PM
I Don't get why Jose don't want him when he is their best striker tbh.

Every season you hear stuff about Higuain going yet he always ends up staying - I think it's the stigma of not being seen as a 'Galactico' there but somehow he holds on.

Master Splinter
29-04-2012, 03:52 PM
WUMger will buy Martin Palermo :bow:.

"You tell me I do not sign experience. Well, as you see I do sign experience. But do not forget we have also Park who can play there. Even though I have."

Marc Overmars
29-04-2012, 03:56 PM
Park. :lol:

I wonder how Koreans feel about us killing their captain.

Olivier's xmas twist
29-04-2012, 04:00 PM
Park. :lol:

I wonder how Koreans feel about us killing their captain.

The Missles sent to Wengets office will tell us that lol.

McNamara That Ghost...
29-04-2012, 04:01 PM
Wenget. :bow:

If Higuain does go to Citeh, it's quite possible Segrio Opposite will go the other way.

Marc Overmars
29-04-2012, 04:07 PM
Segrio Opposite. :bow:

What a player.

Dennis Bendtner
29-04-2012, 04:11 PM
I hope PSG have fond memories of Gervais and Chakma's time in France and offer us a wedge. Even a potato one wouldn't be bad. Generally I'm interested to note how our deadwood clearance goes this year. I suspect not particularly well. Already a blow as Sao Paulo have told Denilson to do one.

Master Splinter
29-04-2012, 04:15 PM
I thought Segrio Opposite was Messi's forthcoming son?

I hope Coyle signs him up when he takes over from Wenget.

Master Splinter
29-04-2012, 04:19 PM
Speaking of deadwood:

@LaurensJulien
Mathieu Flamini will leave AC Milan after having not played a second this season despite coming back from knee injury: "I just want to play"

http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/3276/serie-a/2012/04/28/3065835/flamini-i-do-not-know-why-i-am-not-playing-for-ac-milan

Flamini :haha:.

Can join Frankcesc at Birmingham. He was linked with them enough times.

McNamara That Ghost...
29-04-2012, 04:21 PM
Flamini. :lol:

Can't believe I defended the fool on here.

Marc Overmars
29-04-2012, 04:21 PM
Bring back Hleb and Flamini.

Marc Overmars
29-04-2012, 04:22 PM
Flamini. :lol:

Can't believe I defended the fool on here.

As a player or his decision to leave?

Olivier's xmas twist
29-04-2012, 04:27 PM
Speaking of deadwood:

http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/3276/serie-a/2012/04/28/3065835/flamini-i-do-not-know-why-i-am-not-playing-for-ac-milan

Flamini :haha:.

Can join Frankcesc at Birmingham. He was linked with them enough times.

Those who said we should have kept him :pal:

McNamara That Ghost...
29-04-2012, 04:28 PM
As a player or his decision to leave?

Both I suppose. :lol:

Özim
29-04-2012, 05:21 PM
Bring back Hleb and Flamini.
:lol: Brittlebones was sh*t and Flamini a one hit wonder as it turned out, they've done nothing since they left....overhyped rubbish, fortunately we manage to get some money for one of them.

Olivier's xmas twist
29-04-2012, 05:24 PM
:lol: Brittlebones was sh*t and Flamini a one hit wonder as it turned out, they've done nothing since they left....overhyped rubbish, fortunately we manage to get some money for one of them.

Pretty Much :gp:

For oncr i agree with you lol.

Marc Overmars
29-04-2012, 05:26 PM
I know I'm only joshing.

I remember ESPN did an interview with Hleb before we played Birmingham last year. He was literally pining for a return, quite embarrassing really.

Now he's slumming it at some Russian pub team and Flamini never plays. :lol:

Fuck 'em.

Syn
29-04-2012, 05:33 PM
Flamini was a weird case in that even though he must've known he was going to leave Arsenal, he always put in tons of effort and didn't show his 'disinterest' on the pitch. Maybe he was playing for a top contract elsewhere. He doesn't have a connection with Arsenal or the fans but if he was willing to come back and if he's capable of the same performances, I'd like him back. Quite a few people thought we shouldve bought Parker last summer (including myself) because he's just a good lad who'll let Song play. But flamini, 3 years younger than Parker, would be a fantastic addition. We badly need a DM. Song, Arteta, Flamini would work superbly. We need someone with pace in the middle and Flamini is an athlete. In any case, that's the type of player we should be going for. A dynamic CM is a must since Wilshere passed away.

Marc Overmars
29-04-2012, 05:34 PM
since Wilshere passed away.

I lol'd.

selassie
29-04-2012, 05:37 PM
WUMger will buy Martin Palermo :bow:.

"You tell me I do not sign experience. Well, as you see I do sign experience. But do not forget we have also Park who can play there. Even though I have."

Brilliant :lol:

Syn
29-04-2012, 06:15 PM
http://football-talk.co.uk/62804/video-lukas-podolski-scores-superb-strike-as-cologne-lose-to-freiburg/

:bow:

Shooting from outside the area? What's he playing at? His adaptation period might be longer than Park's.

Cripps_orig
29-04-2012, 11:19 PM
Liverpool have joined the list of clubs showing interest in Montpellier striker Olivier Giroud, 25, with manager Kenny Dalglish attending the French club's win at Toulouse on Friday. Arsenal are also believed to be keen on signing him.
Daily Mail

yay

Flavs
30-04-2012, 09:30 AM
20 goals and 8 assists in 32 games, yeah we wouldn't want any of that thanks. We have Chamakh and Park who can play there

selassie
30-04-2012, 01:36 PM
Giroud could be this season's "Gignac".

I'm not sold just yet.....

Cripps_orig
30-04-2012, 01:37 PM
Never heard of him and he plays for a Pub Team

We can go without more Pub Teamers

Japan Shaking All Over
30-04-2012, 02:34 PM
Never heard of him and he plays for a Pub Team

We can go without more Pub Teamers

Pub team soon to be champs!
we have a history of buying of pub teams that win Ligue A tho. . .:-/

Flavs
30-04-2012, 02:43 PM
Giroud could be this season's "Gignac".

I'm not sold just yet.....

A serious injury can bugger anyone's career tbf

Marc Overmars
30-04-2012, 02:50 PM
Forget about Ligue 1.

Bundesliga is where to shop now tbf.

Cripps_orig
30-04-2012, 02:51 PM
Forget about Ligue 1.

Bundesliga is where to shop now tbf.This

If the CL semi is anything to go by, Muller isnt first choice at Bayern.

Get him or Kroos tbh

Cheeky bid for Hummels and Goetze as well

Olivier's xmas twist
30-04-2012, 03:20 PM
This

If the CL semi is anything to go by, Muller isnt first choice at Bayern.

Get him or Kroos tbh

Cheeky bid for Hummels and Goetze as well

Muller is Awesome well he was at the last world cup i mean he Mullerd England.

Cripps_orig
30-04-2012, 03:22 PM
Get Hitler as manager and we can finally conquer Europe

Marc Overmars
30-04-2012, 03:25 PM
Mulled. :bow:

milla
30-04-2012, 05:54 PM
Flamini was a weird case in that even though he must've known he was going to leave Arsenal, he always put in tons of effort and didn't show his 'disinterest' on the pitch. Maybe he was playing for a top contract elsewhere. He doesn't have a connection with Arsenal or the fans but if he was willing to come back and if he's capable of the same performances, I'd like him back. Quite a few people thought we shouldve bought Parker last summer (including myself) because he's just a good lad who'll let Song play. But flamini, 3 years younger than Parker, would be a fantastic addition. We badly need a DM. Song, Arteta, Flamini would work superbly. We need someone with pace in the middle and Flamini is an athlete. In any case, that's the type of player we should be going for. A dynamic CM is a must since Wilshere passed away.

AC Milan is his boyhood club (one of his parents are from Milan), not much Wenger could do to change that.

Would def take him back though. :coffee:

Cripps_orig
30-04-2012, 11:37 PM
Arsene Wenger has set his sights on making Ajax midfielder Jan Vertonghen Arsenal's next signing after unveiling Cologne striker Lukas Podolski.

Real Madrid boss Jose Mourinho wants to beat Arsenal and Liverpool to the signature of Anderlecht's defensive midfielder Lucas Biglia this summer.

Liverpool have joined Arsenal and Paris Saint-Germain in the race for Montpellier winger Younes Belhanda, 22.
Full story: MetroYes please

No thanks to Biglia

Who? Dont need any more pub teamers

server too busy!
01-05-2012, 08:15 AM
I think I'd be happy if we got Vertonghen and M'Vila and an attacking midfielder like Goetze. That would be an excellent summer in my eyes.

Coney
01-05-2012, 08:19 AM
Serious buggery can injure anyone's career tbf

How true.

selassie
01-05-2012, 08:20 AM
Plenty of rumours...ahem I mean Tweets that we're closing in on M'Vila. Personally I feel we'll sign either M'Vila or Vertonghen, not both. I think AW probably favours M'Vila as he's an all rounder in Midfield, can play DM to a very high level or even a more advanced role. He'll cost quite a bit though which could prove a stumbling block and he has plenty of other high profile teams looking at him. Vertonghen will be cheaper, is really a CB, though can play DM, he'll probably cost half the price of M'Vila which probably means we'll sign him!

The good news is that they both seem keen on coming here, I like both players....though would prefer M'Vila.

GP
01-05-2012, 08:26 AM
I like Vertonghen a lot, but we don't really need a CB.

I'm not sure we really need a DM either, saying that.

Flavs
01-05-2012, 08:35 AM
Don't understand why we would sign Vertonghen to be honest, we have The Kos, Verm, Merts, Jo Djo as well as Bartley and Miguel

Makes no sense to me

GP
01-05-2012, 08:37 AM
Jo Djo is really shit, to be fair, but I suppose he'll do as 4th choice.

selassie
01-05-2012, 10:16 AM
Don't understand why we would sign Vertonghen to be honest, we have The Kos, Verm, Merts, Jo Djo as well as Bartley and Miguel

Makes no sense to me

Yeah it kind of confuses me a bit too, but plenty of talk that Vertonghen can play DM. It wouldn't surprise me.

He's not needed at CB, though you could argue on his day that he's an upgrade on all of our options, doesn't he start at CB for Belgium alongside Kompany?

Cripps_orig
01-05-2012, 10:24 AM
Mert is dead

Verm or Kos if not both will both die at one point next season

We need Vertonghen unless he dies himself

Flavs
01-05-2012, 10:25 AM
Jo Djo is really shit, to be fair, but I suppose he'll do as 4th choice.

Never easy to be a 4th choice centre back, in a team he played in every week he would be good IMO. Our back up centre backs always look shit and i am stating to realise that Wenger creates these players who seem complete poo but are in fact very good players.

You only have to look at Squillaci for that, and Cygan.

Flavs
01-05-2012, 10:26 AM
He's not needed at CB, though you could argue on his day that he's an upgrade on all of our options, doesn't he start at CB for Belgium alongside Kompany?

No vermaelen does :bow:

GP
01-05-2012, 10:33 AM
Never easy to be a 4th choice centre back, in a team he played in every week he would be good IMO. Our back up centre backs always look shit and i am stating to realise that Wenger creates these players who seem complete poo but are in fact very good players.

You only have to look at Squillaci for that, and Cygan.

Well, Squillaci is shit too.

Syn
01-05-2012, 10:34 AM
I'm happy with Miquel as 4th choice. I think he has been quite impressive when he's played. Defence is pretty much sorted - you talk about having 2 players in every position - we've got our set of 4 CBs, 2RBs, 2LBs. Need to spunk the cash elsewhere. We play 3 CMs so roughly 6 are needed in the squad. The numbers atm include Diaby and Wilshere who can't be relied on so need another 2 to replace them. Give the best of the youngsters - Miyaichi, Campbell or whoever a go as a forward on the bench. Sorted.

Flavs
01-05-2012, 11:12 AM
I'm happy with Miquel as 4th choice. I think he has been quite impressive when he's played. Defence is pretty much sorted - you talk about having 2 players in every position - we've got our set of 4 CBs, 2RBs, 2LBs. Need to spunk the cash elsewhere. We play 3 CMs so roughly 6 are needed in the squad. The numbers atm include Diaby and Wilshere who can't be relied on so need another 2 to replace them. Give the best of the youngsters - Miyaichi, Campbell or whoever a go as a forward on the bench. Sorted.

In a normal team you are right but as this is Arsenal we need twice as many players as normal due to the ridiculous amount of injuries we get every season. We must have at least 10 serious injuries every year.

Luckily we have Song...who can play there

Flavs
01-05-2012, 12:11 PM
How true.

You'd know loljk

Fist of Lehmann
01-05-2012, 12:53 PM

Makes no sense to meBartley at least I think will go, gr at absolute best be on loan again. From what I saw in the Old$Firm desby he wasn't good. Immobile, disinterested, ball-watching and caught out of posmtion.

With performances like that, I can't see him making it. I wonder if we're subsidising his wages.

Japan Shaking All Over
01-05-2012, 03:33 PM
Forget about Ligue 1.

Bundesliga is where to shop now tbf.

Yup can go with that. . .full of quality

Japan Shaking All Over
01-05-2012, 03:45 PM
Bartley at least I think will go, or at absolute best be on loan again. From what I saw in the Old Firm derby he wasn't good. Immobile, disinterested, ball-watching and caught out of position.

With performances like that, I can't see him making it. I wonder if we're subsidising his wages.

Bartley, Squid and DJ can be considered surplus and available for someone to come in for. . .three out, one should come in, and it would be great if Vertonghen was that one. . .we need quality to full back on and be in competition with each other for the first team.

Doesnt sound like he will be too expensive and his versatility would be useful, add a possoble coup of MVilla and things are on the up.

What else would we need, get rid of Chamakh, Nic and Park (what was the point in that signing?) and maybe another attacker, Campbell is not ready

Cripps_orig
01-05-2012, 04:32 PM
Basel defender Aleksandar Dragovic has revealed that no fewer than seven different clubs are interested in signing him, including Inter, Arsenal, Dortmund and Marseille.

The clubs were listed to the 21-year-old as potential suitors, along with Barcelona, and he refused to dismiss links to many of Europe's top clubs.

"On the names of the clubs there is some truth. With the exception of Barcelona," Dragovic told Kurier.

"There are seven teams interested, two of which are from Russia. They would be very financially lucrative, but I am not looking for the most money."

Dragovic joined Basel in February 2011 and went on to outline the factors that would encourage him to quit the Swiss champions.

"My contract runs until 2015, so if a club wants me, they'll have to put a bit of money on the table.

"Also I feel very comfortable here and in 18 months here I have developed twice as much as I could have done in Austria.

"The club must at least be represented in the Europa League. For with Basel I have the chance to play in the Champions League."

http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2885/europe/2012/05/01/3073267/inter-arsenal-dortmund-and-marseille-all-interested-in-me-claims-

Who?

Niall_Quinn
01-05-2012, 04:33 PM
http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2885/europe/2012/05/01/3073267/inter-arsenal-dortmund-and-marseille-all-interested-in-me-claims-

Who?

Defender from the Dog and Duck. Drives the bus too and his wife does the kit.

Cripps_orig
01-05-2012, 04:35 PM
A literal Pub Teamer then

Niall_Quinn
01-05-2012, 05:22 PM
A literal Pub Teamer then

He's a very good driver apparently and the kit is always sparkling. So he'll be more useful than Park.

Ollie the Optimist
01-05-2012, 05:39 PM
sounds like we are in for more players and are close to signgin some more pretty soon. good start to the summer

in less then a year wenger has spent 63 million. suddenly he likes it :D

Cripps_orig
01-05-2012, 05:44 PM
Spending money has never been a problem

Spending on quality has

McNamara That Ghost...
01-05-2012, 06:10 PM
Barca would accept offers (if they're substantial enough) for Dani Alves and David Villa apparently (so says Balague). :popcorn:

GP
01-05-2012, 06:29 PM
Sign him up!

Ollie the Optimist
01-05-2012, 06:35 PM
Spending money has never been a problem

Spending on quality has

well luckily of that 63 million a lot of quality has been bought. problem solved

Marc Overmars
01-05-2012, 07:13 PM
Barca would accept offers (if they're substantial enough) for Dani Alves and David Villa apparently (so says Balague). :popcorn:

Us, substantial offers?

Lol.

McNamara That Ghost...
01-05-2012, 07:22 PM
Us, substantial offers?

Lol.

Jeffers. :bow:

Globalgunner
02-05-2012, 10:24 AM

With us and barcelona, its a one way street, We sell, they buy. However we are not averse to kidnapping any special talented teens they have. Why didnt, Wenger poach Messi along with Fabs way back in 2004 then. Dont tell me he was put off by the need to bottle feed him protein shakes at the time. Bad miss.

GP
02-05-2012, 10:24 AM

Wait, that is a joke, right?

Globalgunner
02-05-2012, 10:37 AM
Barca had to give Messi growth hormone treatment till he was about 18, i think, otherwise he would have topped out at 4`10". Cost a fortune at the time but it was well worth it I guess.